Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-01-2007, 11:01 AM   #151
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I have a question about two small areas that I haven't been able to access yet that are annoying me. If you are past the Hephaestus area, the spoiler shouldn't give anything away:

Spoiler
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #152
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
So has anyone run across a bug that my friend has right now?

I started to have this happen last night. The game would freeze for a few seconds every few minutes. I solved it by clearing the cache holding down the LB and RB when the game loads.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #153
TroyF
Coordinator

I finished the game last night. I'll be writing a review today or tomorrow. It'll be the first game to ever get a perfect score from me.

I'll put this as simply as I can: This is the single best game I've ever played. If you like FPS, get this game. I don't care if you get it for the PC or the 360. Just get it.

I'm deciding what to play tonight. . . Metroid or this one again in a different way. I think I'll play Metroid, but this game will never, ever be out of my rotation of games. This is what gaming is all about.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #154
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm near the very end of the game and I have to agree with Troy, except I would say even if you usually don't like shooters, try this game out. It's that good. It's definitely among my top games of all time. The story line, the gameplay, and the atmosphere combine to create a truly great game. I'll be starting this again as soon as I can, this time trying to be evil.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-03-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #155
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I noticed the demo has an "easy" setting. Since I don't really play shooters and am more interested in the story/atmosphere, would that be a decent option if I bought the game? Or does "easy" remove certain areas and/or storyline possibilities from the game?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:21 PM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure Maple Leafs. However, I just beat it on medium (normal) and I think I missed an area or at least one secret area. I'm not good at shooters, but except for a few of the Big Daddy's and the final fight, I didn't have much trouble at all and that was with a house rule for myself that I wouldn't use the resurrection chambers.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-03-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #157
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I noticed the demo has an "easy" setting. Since I don't really play shooters and am more interested in the story/atmosphere, would that be a decent option if I bought the game? Or does "easy" remove certain areas and/or storyline possibilities from the game?

Normally in shooters, "easy" would mean fewer monsters to fight, monsters and bosses have less health and hurt less, you'll find more health/ammo/powerups, etc. Can't say for sure with this game since I haven't played it, but that's generally how difficulty levels work for shooters.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #158
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post

I think it's like sab said. You'll still get the full storyline, it'll just be easier to beat.

It is well worth playing this game for the storyline alone BTW.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:30 PM   #159
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I'd recommend playing on Normal, the game doesn't really punish you for dying multiple times and ammo isn't too hard to come by.

I hardly ever play shooters and Normal isn't giving me much trouble, sometimes a little bit of thought can help as much as eliteness keyboard/mouse skills (or gamepad if you're considering the 360 version) when fighting enemies in this game anyhow.

But yeah, the game is more about the story than the level of difficultly. Try the demo and see what you like.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #160
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm going very slow and put in some more time with it this weekend. I'm still amazed at all the detail in this game.

With all the garbage talk of sports games and what not that seems to be the mainstream of conversation nowdays, it's refreshing to get away to something this great and forget about sliders and what's realistic and what's not.
MizzouRah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:35 AM   #161
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm really loving the game, I just entered the Arcadia part and am having a blast. One thing I really like is how they space out the upgrade options, finding out you can upgrade your weapons was neat, and I still have the invention system to look forward to.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #162
RainMaker
General Manager

I am not a huge fan of shooters but picked it up after being immersed in the demo. It's the best console game I've ever played. Perfect mix of stick skills, strategy, and creativity.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #163
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI to 360 owners of Bioshock. DO NOT download the patch that was released today. Major framerate issues have cropped up with the patch. This post on Loot Ninja gives info on how to unapply the patch if you have already installed it.

http://loot-ninja.com/2007/09/05/bio...merate-issues/
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #164
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
FYI to 360 owners of Bioshock. DO NOT download the patch that was released today. Major framerate issues have cropped up with the patch. This post on Loot Ninja gives info on how to unapply the patch if you have already installed it.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #165
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I got the game last night. When I loaded it up for the first time, I DLed a patch. Is that the patch referenced here?

You say the patch was released today. Are you sure about that? If so, I'm okay because it would be a different patch than the one I applied last night.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #166
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I got the game last night. When I loaded it up for the first time, I DLed a patch. Is that the patch referenced here?

You say the patch was released today. Are you sure about that? If so, I'm okay because it would be a different patch than the one I applied last night.

I honestly plead ignorance on this. I just saw it on Loot Ninja and noticed no one had given a heads-up yet. Even if it is the same one, people are reporting that the fix Loot Ninja gave works well. Or you can just wait a couple of days and they'll likely have a fix for the fix out.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #167
Yellow5
High School Varsity

I am using the patch and have not seen any *new* issues with framerate. It feels the same to me.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #168
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

This is a very jbmagic-esque post.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #169
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
This is a very jbmagic-esque post.

I have no clue who that is. Regardless, if you haven't installed the patch, no worries.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #170
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
It refers to the numerous posts where he would make definitive statements about games he did not own or did not play. A blog entry by one guy having an issue does not a widespread problem make.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #171
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
It refers to the numerous posts where he would make definitive statements about games he did not own or did not play. A blog entry by one guy having an issue does not a widespread problem make.

Sorry it bothered you. I've actually played Bioshock at a friend's house and stated it should be Game of the Year in another thread, so I'm not all too sure what your point is.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #172
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
FYI to 360 owners of Bioshock. DO NOT download the patch that was released today. Major framerate issues have cropped up with the patch.

cropped = crop dust? jb started that thread. Fishy fishy.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #173
cartman
Death Herald

My point is that you warned ALL users that there are serious problems with the patch and not to download it, based on one blogger's experience.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:47 PM   #174
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Thanks to a night of insomnia and a sick day @ work I just completed the game.

Really impressed with what the developers have pulled off with Bioshock. An incredible hybrid game that is almost perfect. Bioshock had me thinking about the game even when I wasn't playing, to the point where I had dreams influenced by events in the game.

I played through as a "good guy" on easy and felt like I didn't miss anything. I'll be playing evil and normal mode next time around to see how things turn out.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #175
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
My point is that you warned ALL users that there are serious problems with the patch and not to download it, based on one blogger's experience.

Well, I'll warn everyone except you next time since this obviously bent you out of shape to no end.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 09-06-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #176
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

You do seem to post things from a "second hand" perspective.

Oh my, Bill hates NCAA Foorball!!! Run out and scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #177
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

How does someone hang out here for 6 years and not know who jbmagic is?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #178
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
How does someone hang out here for 6 years and not know who jbmagic is?

I bet he knows the history of your taint.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #179
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I bet he knows the history of your taint.

I also know a little something about trout, but that's another story and a whole lot more therapy, so I won't bother with that.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:54 AM   #180
cartman
Death Herald

Just finished the game. All I can say is, WOW! Half-Life 2 was my previous all time favorite FPS experience, and now Bioshock has taken the mantle.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:00 AM   #181
Schmidty
Coordinator

I finally bought the game (PC of course), and have been blown away.

The only problem is that the sounds fucking scare the shit out of me, but in this game, the sounds are an absolute must if you want to stay alive. Usually, I mute games like this and use subtitles, unless there's a big cut-scene type thing about to happen. What's worse, is that I have to play the game with my earphones on because I don't want my wife and daughter to have to hear any of it, so it's like right in my head.

Does it ever get less freaky, or am I in for a long, jumpy road?
Old 09-08-2007, 02:10 AM   #182
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

You are gonna need a stack of those astronaut diapers. The sounds only get more intense.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #183
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I finally bought the game (PC of course), and have been blown away.

The only problem is that the sounds fucking scare the shit out of me, but in this game, the sounds are an absolute must if you want to stay alive. Usually, I mute games like this and use subtitles, unless there's a big cut-scene type thing about to happen. What's worse, is that I have to play the game with my earphones on because I don't want my wife and daughter to have to hear any of it, so it's like right in my head.

Get ready for a long, jumpy road.

The amazing thing? I've started a replay of the thing and even when I KNOW something is about to happen, it still causes me to jump.

ugh.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:34 AM   #184
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's about time Schmidty!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #185
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Get ready for a long, jumpy road.

The amazing thing? I've started a replay of the thing and even when I KNOW something is about to happen, it still causes me to jump.

ugh.

Ditto for me. Wife is away today too, so I'll be turning the surround sound up tonight even louder and I'm sure I'll be more jumpy.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #186
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm finally to Arcadia.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #187
cartman
Death Herald

Hey, MizzouRah, how about a title change for this thread? It's been lacking the "Alright boyz..." flava for far too long.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #188
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey, MizzouRah, how about a title change for this thread? It's been lacking the "Alright boyz..." flava for far too long.

Did you use telekenesis on me?
Old 06-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #189
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Playing through this masterpiece again. This is probably my top FPS of all time, even better than COD 4 and Half Life was for me.

It still scares the sheee-it out of me.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #190
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Best FPS ever. I'm not big on buying games the moment they come out, but BioShock 2 will be in my grubby little hands the instant it hits the shelves later this year.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #191
spleen1015
Coordinator

I need to finish this game. I never got very far since this came out in the middle of my WoW addiction.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #192
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yes you do spleen!

DK, I'm going to buy Bioshock as well on release day!
Old 07-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #193
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

finally finished the game. i loved the early 20th century art deco style theme. The developers absolutely succeeded in creating a unique atmosphere. The ending came pretty abruptly though: when the final cutscene ended, i was surprised that there wasn't another level to play.