Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2006, 03:18 PM   #151
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dola,

Maybe if they did a format where they had one tribe that was separated halfway through. The jury could see what happens at all tribal councils. That would be different.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #152
kingfc22
Head Coach

Go Terry! I can't wait to see this tribe implode. I hope Bruce and Danielle get knocked out first for being complete dumbasses for not making it 5-4 last week.

Jeff was good at tribal last night. He basically bitch slapped Danielle when she made a remark about Terry being cocky, when the 5 of them just sat out an immunity challange.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #153
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Go Terry! I can't wait to see this tribe implode. I hope Bruce and Danielle get knocked out first for being complete dumbasses for not making it 5-4 last week.

Jeff was good at tribal last night. He basically bitch slapped Danielle when she made a remark about Terry being cocky, when the 5 of them just sat out an immunity challange.

I love Probst... I know many here hate him, but last night was a perfect example.. he said what Terry and Sally couldn't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 07:04 PM   #154
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ummm...I don't like Jeffy, but last night he did say some good stuff.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:26 PM   #155
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

RA: How can you say Cirie is likeable? She's afraid of leaves for God's sake. Why she hasn't been sent packing is a giant mystery to me.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:47 PM   #156
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Her confessionals are pretty funny, sometimes unintentionally so. I remember one where she was standing in ankle deep water talking. I was like why is she doing that???

Last night's were pretty funny as well. I think she has some pretty good insight into how the other Survivors tick and has said some intelligent remarks about them.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:49 PM   #157
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I hope Bruce and Danielle get knocked out first for being complete dumbasses for not making it 5-4 last week.

Why would they? They are final-4 material right now, as Bruce, Danielle, Cirie, and Courtney are going to drop Shane and Aras as soon as they can.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:38 PM   #158
Swaggs
Coordinator

I was a little surprised that Terry didn't try to get Aras on his side after that last challenge. If he would have approached him and told him that, one, I have the immunity idol, and two, Sally will use it on you if you do not vote with us, I think they could have gotten him to break.

On the other hand, I think Terry is pretty well set right now and, especially so, if he can win one more immunity challenge. One more immunity, and the alliance will break as they figure out that not all six of them are in the grand plan. Even without immunity, I would start flashing the statue and not say a word about who I am voting for. I think most of the remaining contestants would rather vote off one another, than risk a 1 in 6 chance of Terry randomly picking one of them off.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 01:21 AM   #159
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Poor Bruce. A blocked colon and bladder had to hurt.

"Can I do it naked?" What is weird is that I thought Shane was wearing pants when the medics came.

Despite the ganging up on Terry, the reward challenge was great. Good to know the tribe thinks Courtney is obnoxious.

I guess the good news for Terry is that he didn't need to use the idol or win immunity to get rid of someone.

I'm wondering if Shane is using his acting prowess (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0694615/) to act crazy among the group. I mean when he's doing the "confessional" he seems normal but when he's with the group, he just goes bonkers.

The preview had footage of Shane and his blackberry, looks hilarious.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:46 AM   #160
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Shane and Cirie are the funniest people left. Does anyone else notice how Shane stands there with his belly sticking out? I also agree that he's acting since he's doing the Richard (walking around nekkid).

Courtney needs to STFU. I utterly despise her selfishness and stupidity. When she said, "Bruce's MEDEVAC just capped off an utterly horrible day for me." I was shaking my head. It made it sound like Bruce did it on purpose to disrupt her life. I think what most people would've been saying was "After going through a horrible reward challenge, seeing Bruce in phyiscal pain makes my emotional pain seem like nothing."
Old 04-21-2006, 07:12 AM   #161
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think he said he took off his pants to help with the stretcher because he didn't want to sleep in wet pants.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #162
kingfc22
Head Coach

Right now I think Cirie has to be the favorite to win it.

No way Courtney wins.
Terry can't possibly win all the immunity challanges?
Danielle is lazy as hell and will get the boot soon after Terry.
Shane and Cirie will gang up on Aras to get rid of him.
Cirie wins head to head with Shane.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:04 PM   #163
Subby
lolzcat

Cirie-Aras-Danielle have a pretty solid alliance. I have to think that the if Terry can be gotten rid of prior to the final three, you'll see a Danielle v Aras final, with Aras for teh win.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #164
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So should I spoil this by pointing out that there's been another betting scandal that seems to pinpoint the two finalists?
Old 04-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #165
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
So should I spoil this by pointing out that there's been another betting scandal that seems to pinpoint the two finalists?

Its already been mention who will win this year survivor in this thread. They found out who going to win it all and they close the betting site.

If you want to know who wins it all look in this thread. Someone already mention it.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #166
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think Terry would stand a great chance if he got to the Final 2. He would without much doubt get Austin's and Sally's vote, and I would guess Bruce's vote, as well. The remaining four judges would probably have some type of hostility for being recently shut out of a perceived alliance and/or respect for Terry working his way through.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:23 PM   #167
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I love the whole bit about Terry not being able to survive a day on his own.

First, as an F-14 pilot, I'm pretty sure he's been through worse survival training than Survivor could ever think of. Second, he's already spent several days on Exile Island. I was just waiting for him to say "See you Aras, I'm off to survive for a day-and-a-half on my own" when he was sent to Exile Island after the reward challenge...

What a bunch of morons left from that tribe.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #168
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Greg: It was obvious to me that Aras forfieted the last qustion. He knew Cirie was going to take him and he didn't have the anamosity that comes with winning. Terry even asked him whether he did that on purpose and Aras grinned.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #169
marshall881
Mascot

Aras is really playing the game well. I don't think anyone would want to take Cirie into the final two with them. Therefore I don't see her getting there.
marshall881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:04 PM   #170
Subby
lolzcat

yeah - I agree that Aras is doing a fantastic job - the fact that he has been able to hold it together for so long with all those nutjobs around him is pretty impressive.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 04-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #171
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I'd personally like to see a Survivor with 4 tribes, with 2 of them completely seperated and unaware of the other 2. Basically 2 mini-survivors going on. After each pair of tribes merge and then pare down to say 8 people, they are taken to a new location where they meet for the first time and compete head-to-head. Talk about a surprise - you think you've made it to the final 8, a guaranteed spot on the jury, then.....uh-oh.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:34 PM   #172
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
I'd personally like to see a Survivor with 4 tribes, with 2 of them completely seperated and unaware of the other 2. Basically 2 mini-survivors going on. After each pair of tribes merge and then pare down to say 8 people, they are taken to a new location where they meet for the first time and compete head-to-head. Talk about a surprise - you think you've made it to the final 8, a guaranteed spot on the jury, then.....uh-oh.

Then take those 2 final 8's, split them in half and combine them with each other. That should help prevent the standard numbers game from being played.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:21 PM   #173
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
Greg: It was obvious to me that Aras forfieted the last qustion. He knew Cirie was going to take him and he didn't have the anamosity that comes with winning. Terry even asked him whether he did that on purpose and Aras grinned.
I've wondered for years when someone would figure out that it's never good to win these type of challenges. He played it brilliantly -- he knew he was going anyways because of their agreement, so he let her take the heat. Picking Terry was his only choice if he didn't want to offend anyone on his tribe.

He was even smart enough to try (unsuccessfully) to prevent the tribe from splintering over the voting in that game. He said something along the lines of "Come on guys, this is exactly what this game is designed to do".

From a game perspective, it seems to me that Aras and Cyrie are playing on a totally different level from the rest of them.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:04 AM   #174
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

"You get to eat as much as you want and I won't yell at you". Shane was hilarious. That quote, the blackberry, and his expression when Courtney was voted out were great.

Looks like Danielle needs a razor.

Terry keeps breezing through the challenges. Will he be the first to beat the car curse?

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:18 AM   #175
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
"You get to eat as much as you want and I won't yell at you". Shane was hilarious. That quote, the blackberry, and his expression when Courtney was voted out were great.

Looks like Danielle needs a razor.

Terry keeps breezing through the challenges. Will he be the first to beat the car curse?

Didn't Amber beat the car curse in the All Star season?

Cirie is one of the strongest mental players I have seen. She really has a good perspective of things. If she can avoid facing Aras or Terry in the final two, I like her chances.

I think Terry has to be the favorite over anyone if he gets to the final two. He has Sally and Austin locked up, and most likely Bruce, who seems to respect and admire him. And now, Courtney will probably be pissed that she got double-crossed and will favor him, too. When you consider that some feelings are going to be hurt as Casaya cuts its numbers in the next few weeks, Terry is looking great. He has almost pitched a perfect game, as far as I am concerned.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:35 AM   #176
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs

Don't know because I did not watch All Stars. I did do a quick search and it says that Rob won the car and had a movie night with Amber.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:10 AM   #177
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Cirie is one of the strongest mental players I have seen. She really has a good perspective of things. If she can avoid facing Aras or Terry in the final two, I like her chances.

I think Terry has to be the favorite over anyone if he gets to the final two. He has Sally and Austin locked up, and most likely Bruce, who seems to respect and admire him. And now, Courtney will probably be pissed that she got double-crossed and will favor him, too. When you consider that some feelings are going to be hurt as Casaya cuts its numbers in the next few weeks, Terry is looking great. He has almost pitched a perfect game, as far as I am concerned.

I hope you are correct about Terry's chances if he makes it to the two. I was stunned when Courtney felt like people would like to bring Terry with them to the final. Being THE best candidate to bring to the final, that must just have been denial talking.

I went from hating Cirie, thinking she was worthless, to giving her some begrudging respect when she manipulated the older women's tribe to voting off "the outsider" who was doing all of the work at camp. I wrote that off as a fluke, and then just hoped that she didn't somehow coat-tail or fluke into the final. Tonight she made one of the best plays I've seen in the history of the show. It was the stuff that the game is made of, yet so few have been able to pull off anything even close to her move tonight. I've become a Cirie fan.

I'd be happy now with Cirie, Terry, or really even Shane winning.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:28 AM   #178
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
I went from hating Cirie, thinking she was worthless, to giving her some begrudging respect when she manipulated the older women's tribe to voting off "the outsider" who was doing all of the work at camp. I wrote that off as a fluke, and then just hoped that she didn't somehow coat-tail or fluke into the final. Tonight she made one of the best plays I've seen in the history of the show. It was the stuff that the game is made of, yet so few have been able to pull off anything even close to her move tonight. I've become a Cirie fan.

I'd be happy now with Cirie, Terry, or really even Shane winning.

I completely agree with that. I could not stand Cirie in the first 4-5 shows and hoped she got voted off each week. Then she just started growing on me a little bit each episode and tonight just capped it off. She's made some great moves and I applaud her for it. I'd still much rather see Terry win and I do like Aras but I wouldn't be upset if she snuck into there and won it.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:15 AM   #179
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:

Rob won the car challenge and got to give Amber a car as well.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:18 AM   #180
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Nice episode last night. The surprise vote always is nice although I think we saw it coming a long way off that it was going to be 3-2-1, Courtney, Aras, Danielle.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #181
marshall881
Mascot

What a masterful move by Cirie! I was also one of those who thought she was worthless, but now she is playing a great game.
marshall881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #182
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Terry's chances to use the immunity idol are almost up. If he doesn't use it at one of the next two tribal councils it becomes a moot point.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:35 AM   #183
Subby
lolzcat

One of the better episodes in a long time last night. Theyhave had to really futz with the editing this season to make the vote look like it was up in the air, but we are to a point now where there is actually intirgue.

Good stuff.

Old 04-28-2006, 10:10 AM   #184
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Terry's chances to use the immunity idol are almost up. If he doesn't use it at one of the next two tribal councils it becomes a moot point.

Is the hidden immunity idol good through the final four, or just until the final four?
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #185
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

All Terry has to do is win one of the next two immunities to go to the final three. I think there's a good chance of that happening.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:08 PM   #186
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Think of the bargaining chip Terry would have if he won individual immunity on the last chance that he has to use the hidden idol. He would have certain immunity and would be able to bargain giving someone else imunity, that is priceless.

I would really want to get a chance to "use" that idol by the last chance to use it so I might even consider throwing that challenge just to use the idol. It would be kind of nice to hear "the tribe has spoken" and then pull out the idol and say "I have spoken".

On another note, Danielle is an idiot. She had a much better chance just telling Cirie that she was with them and then going with Terry and Courtney. She could very well end up as the next one voted out at this point instead of locking up 3rd or better. I would rather be on the same "team" as the person who has been dominating the imunity challenges AND has the "hidden" idol instead of now having to worry about where I stand with the others when it comes to a point where we can't vote that guy out.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #187
Joe
Pro Starter

even if terry doesnt win the next immunity challenge, I don't think they'll vote for him and let him decide who goes. it would be smart for the group to decide on someone else to eliminate.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #188
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Good to see Courtney has stepped in to fill the traditional role of "whining, self-entitled female who does nothing, coasts through the game and then sulks when she's finally voted out long after she should have been". Good work, Court!

On the other hand, after this week's episode Cyrie has easily wrapped up the title of "smartest female player in Survivor history", and is making a strong run at "smartest player, period".
Old 04-30-2006, 08:11 PM   #189
Joe
Pro Starter

I think Cirie should steal the battery to Shane's blackberry and then send him to exile island
Old 04-30-2006, 11:01 PM   #190
Swaggs
Coordinator

Terry probably would get Courtney's vote in the final two now, too.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:20 AM   #191
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

By the way, as much as I think Cirie is the brains behind the show, we need to recognize Terry's brilliant move of convincing Danielle that it would be "fair" for the top two in the final challenge to advance. I feel safe in saying that the chances of him coming in third to two girls in any sort of physical challenge are essentially zero.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:46 AM   #192
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
By the way, as much as I think Cirie is the brains behind the show, we need to recognize Terry's brilliant move of convincing Danielle that it would be "fair" for the top two in the final challenge to advance. I feel safe in saying that the chances of him coming in third to two girls in any sort of physical challenge are essentially zero.

The thing I wonder about for Terry, especially with the clips from "scenes from the next" is if his cockiness is going to cost him votes if he gets to the final two...

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 05-01-2006, 10:13 AM   #193
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

When it comes right down to it, Terry can be as cocky as he wants as long as he's up against the right opponent.

He has Austin and Sally's vote. Aras and Bruce would almost definitely vote for him over a "fly under the radar" opponent like Danielle. Shane might too. And Courtney will play the role of delusional jury member who gives a rambling speech about how they were betrayed and then votes for whoever can keep a straight face and pretend to care.

Here's a scenario -- what if Aras wins a few immunties and makes the final three? Will Terry still stick to his "top two go to the finals" agreement if it means he has to take Aras with him? I think Aras beats Terry in a close vote.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #194
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't think Terry was under any obligation to do the "top 2" go to the finals except with Courtney and Danielle.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:52 AM   #195
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I don't think Terry was under any obligation to do the "top 2" go to the finals except with Courtney and Danielle.

Exactly.. that was purely a thing with Courtney and Danielle, and was only to make Danielle feel better because she knew he would take Courtney...

as ANYONE would...

Quote:
Old 05-01-2006, 03:13 PM   #196
Swaggs
Coordinator

Agreed. I'm pretty sure that the deal Terry made was pretty well voided by Danielle not voting with him.

I still contend that Terry already owns the votes of Austin, Sally, and Bruce. Bruce is perhaps a little less certain, but he always talked as if he holds Terry in very high esteem. And I think Courtney will be pissed that she got "backstabbed" (before she could pull off a backstabbing of her own), so I think she would probably give Terry the money over anyone, with the possible exception of maybe Shane, who she seems to have a strange crush on (plus, he didn't vote for her). Between those four and the potential anger that the remaining players who get voted off will have, I am thinking Terry is pretty well set if he makes it to the finals.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #197
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Agreed. I'm pretty sure that the deal Terry made was pretty well voided by Danielle not voting with him.

I still contend that Terry already owns the votes of Austin, Sally, and Bruce. Bruce is perhaps a little less certain, but he always talked as if he holds Terry in very high esteem. And I think Courtney will be pissed that she got "backstabbed" (before she could pull off a backstabbing of her own), so I think she would probably give Terry the money over anyone, with the possible exception of maybe Shane, who she seems to have a strange crush on (plus, he didn't vote for her). Between those four and the potential anger that the remaining players who get voted off will have, I am thinking Terry is pretty well set if he makes it to the finals.

You make a good point that he probably has 3 locked in, so really he just needs one more... and those people will backstab each other enough that at least 1 should fall in line.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #198
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

If it comes down to Terry and Danielle, Terry will just smile at Courtney and say "You were a great player, you did really well in that one challenge, I don't see why the rest of them didn't like you". She'll practically sprint over to the voting booth to write his name down. That's his fourth vote.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #199
gkb
High School Varsity

I'd really like to see Terry win, but I don't think he will. He's been an awesome competitor though.
Old 05-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #200
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb
I'd really like to see Terry win, but I don't think he will. He's been an awesome competitor though.

I think he's got better than a 50% chance of advancing to the final 2. Only five players left and he has the idol. He needs to hope that they do not have a pecking order challenge as an immunity challenge. It seems like they already did that as a reward challenge, so I think he'll be alright there.