Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-18-2005, 08:29 PM   #151
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

You know, this movie is pretty much doing it's job, regardless of how much money it makes. It's opening up a dialogue between opposing viewpoints, and whether or not either side changes their opinion, at least it keeps the lines of communication open, which breeds hope for the future.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #152
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
You know, this movie is pretty much doing it's job, regardless of how much money it makes. It's opening up a dialogue between opposing viewpoints, and whether or not either side changes their opinion, at least it keeps the lines of communication open, which breeds hope for the future.

That's true. Hopefully one day those who liked Anne Hathaway's bare breasts can find common ground with those who did not.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:46 PM   #153
Desnudo
Coordinator

And those who like to watch movies where men play hide-the-salami with other men can find common ground with those who do not.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:50 PM   #154
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
And those who like to watch movies where men play hide-the-salami with other men can find common ground with those who do not.

Well, that's just crazy talk.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:58 PM   #155
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
That's true. Hopefully one day those who liked Anne Hathaway's bare breasts can find common ground with those who did not.

Well, anyone who didn't enjoy Anne Hathaway's bare breasts is probably a commie towel-headed camel-jockey faggot.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:09 PM   #156
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:

Thats not the movie's job...the movie's job is to make money for the studio, or at least break even while building reputation to help future movies. For the people making the movie, ie. director and actors and crew, unless the dollar for them was bottom line (paycheck) the job is to fulfill award dreams or get future jobs. Thats it. Movies like 9/11 want to open dialogue, not this, IMO.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:34 PM   #157
Subby
lolzcat

If I ever see a gay cowboy in real life I swear to god I will run him over with my vespa scooter.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #158
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Times does a story on some gay cowboys, in talking about this movie. You should go hunt them out.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:40 PM   #159
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Wheels
It is wrong to influence young people by teaching and showing that homosexual behavior is 'mainstream' and 'acceptable.' Full grown adults are another matter. You say yourself that the behavior is or can be both a 'choice' or 'born with it,' and even conceeding both possibilities (though I think its all choice) to influence the young in that way before they can solidly make up their minds as adults is morally wrong, disgusting and perverse.

It is not 'mainstream' and should never be promoted that way. And if that makes you or someone feel like a 'second-class citizen', too bad.

Dude you're right... those damn Hollywood people brainwashed me into being straight!!!!
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:59 PM   #160
JeffNights
College Prospect

The movie to me is appaling and just disgusting.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:59 PM   #161
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

So what's the lowdown on Anne Hathaway's tits in this movie? Like, how many seconds are we talking about? What's the lighting like? Standing up, lying down? Are they on display with sexual overtones or just incidentally?

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:26 AM   #162
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

I haven't seen this movie and I don't know if I will but I have to say I have a lot of respect for Ang Lee. Here is the list of movies he has directed: http://imdb.com/name/nm0000487/. That's a pretty impressive list if you ask me. Also, a very wide range of movies from sense and sensibility, to crouching tiger, to the hulk. I've seen many interviews with him and I don't think he really cares all that much how well this does at the oscars or even how many people go see it. This is a man that goes out and makes the movie that he wants to make and isn't affraid to experiment. I have a lot of respect for that. For any of you that like his body of work and haven't seen eat drink man woman I'd recommend that. It might only be in subtitles but it is worth it I think.
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:42 AM   #163
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
So what's the lowdown on Anne Hathaway's tits in this movie? Like, how many seconds are we talking about? What's the lighting like? Standing up, lying down? Are they on display with sexual overtones or just incidentally?

Anne Hathaway, the only reason watching those Princess Diaries movies with the ex-gf were worthwhile.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:46 AM   #164
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieflatline
For any of you that like his body of work and haven't seen eat drink man woman I'd recommend that. It might only be in subtitles but it is worth it I think.
Can you give us the one paragraph overview? What is "eat, drink, man, woman" about?

Last edited by Grammaticus : 12-19-2005 at 06:48 AM.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:54 AM   #165
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
Anne Hathaway, the only reason watching those Princess Diaries movies with the ex-gf were worthwhile.

she's furry.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-19-2005, 08:10 AM   #166
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieflatline
I haven't seen this movie and I don't know if I will but I have to say I have a lot of respect for Ang Lee. Here is the list of movies he has directed: http://imdb.com/name/nm0000487/. That's a pretty impressive list if you ask me. Also, a very wide range of movies from sense and sensibility, to crouching tiger, to the hulk. I've seen many interviews with him and I don't think he really cares all that much how well this does at the oscars or even how many people go see it. This is a man that goes out and makes the movie that he wants to make and isn't affraid to experiment. I have a lot of respect for that. For any of you that like his body of work and haven't seen eat drink man woman I'd recommend that. It might only be in subtitles but it is worth it I think.
Once again, dixieflatline hits one out of the park...

The Wedding Banquet was pretty good too...of course...it had The Gays in it, but they are everywhere these days.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 12-19-2005, 09:45 AM   #167
SFL Cat
College Starter

No way I feel threatened by this film. I think despite all the "critical acclaim" and talk of "Oscar-worthiness" because of the film's tackling of a "controversial issue," it will probably tank at the box office. While I think what goes on behind closed doors is a matter of conscience between consenting partners, the thought of watching gay cowboys trade spit on the big screen makes my skin crawl. If that makes me unintelligent or close-minded, so be it.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:50 AM   #168
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I think it's when you start wanting it to fail because it's about two cowboys trading spit that you cross the line. That's different than just not wanting to see it.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:04 AM   #169
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
I will not raise my children "straight" or "gay" just like I wouldn't raise my children to be a certain religion. I will inform my children of the facts when they ask, or when the times is otherwise right.

There are too many things that are actually worth guiding children on to get caught up worrying about shielding them from homosexuality. Stealing is wrong, hurting other people is wrong, lying is the wrong, etc. Homosexuality is when two people of the same gender sexually stimulate one another. This country was rather puritan when it started, but society moves forward, and forcing your children to stay behind with you because you think you know everything is wrong.

Then why bother even being a parent?

Part of being a parent is passing the values you hold on to your children. Whether they find these values valid is something they will decide for themselves as they grow up, but to say you want them to remain a blank slate is just stupid. Someone WILL write on that slate, whether it is you as a parent or someone else. Personally, I have raised my children straight, I have exposed them to my religion - and what it teaches about right and wrong. You say you'll teach your children about not stealing. A lot of people think stealing is okay, especially if you can "stick it to the man" (i.e., Robin Hood). Hurting other people is wrong? So while you tell your kids homosexuality is acceptable because it is simply two people of the same gender sexually stimulating one another, you're going to tell them S&M is bad....I thought it was simply two people hurting each other for sexual stimulation? Is such an expression any less valid? What about drugs? I think it would be safe to assume that most people here have at least experimented in the past. Does that mean you bring home a joint one day and let your kids go to town, just because you know they'll do it anyway? Same with sex. Do you tell your daughter to invite her boyfriend over to do the deed in her bedroom so you can make sure they at least engage in safe sex? After all, she'll probably do it with him anyway since you are denying yourself the moral authority to tell her it is a poor decision to make.

Frankly, I think your comments are a prime example of what is wrong with parenting these days.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 12-19-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:41 AM   #170
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Can you give us the one paragraph overview? What is "eat, drink, man, woman" about?

Set in china about a gourmet chef and his three daughters. The chef has lost his sense of smell and forced to retire and his wife has died some time ago. His daughters are grown up and all single. The movie revolves around their persuit of love and interactions with each other. Wour better half will really like it though it isn't a true chich flick. If this story line sounds familiar you have probably seen the remake tortilla soup http://imdb.com/title/tt0255653/ which is set in mexico.

Thanks subby for the kind comments. I have been looking for the wedding banquet off and on but I haven't been able to find it at the local rental places.
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:00 AM   #171
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL Cat
Then why bother even being a parent?

Part of being a parent is passing the values you hold on to your children. Whether they find these values valid is something they will decide for themselves as they grow up, but to say you want them to remain a blank slate is just stupid. Someone WILL write on that slate, whether it is you as a parent or someone else. Personally, I have raised my children straight, I have exposed them to my religion - and what it teaches about right and wrong. You say you'll teach your children about not stealing. A lot of people think stealing is okay, especially if you can "stick it to the man" (i.e., Robin Hood). Hurting other people is wrong? So while you tell your kids homosexuality is acceptable because it is simply two people of the same gender sexually stimulating one another, you're going to tell them S&M is bad....I thought it was simply two people hurting each other for sexual stimulation? Is such an expression any less valid? What about drugs? I think it would be safe to assume that most people here have at least experimented in the past. Does that mean you bring home a joint one day and let your kids go to town, just because you know they'll do it anyway? Same with sex. Do you tell your daughter to invite her boyfriend over to do the deed in her bedroom so you can make sure they at least engage in safe sex? After all, she'll probably do it with him anyway since you are denying yourself the moral authority to tell her it is a poor decision to make.

Frankly, I think your comments are a prime example of what is wrong with parenting these days.

How exactly does one raise their kids straight? Is that just telling your kids homosexuality is wrong and you'll go to hell for it? That gays are evil? What does it entail exactly? If a parent doesn't do something like that are they raising their kids gay?

Also, who in the hell are all these people who are raising their kids to be Robin Hood?

I think there is a difference between teaching moral values (thievin' is bad, stay in school, don't do drugs, don't have sex, etc.) and trying to teach sexual prefence.

I have quite a few gay friends and I don't think any of them were ever "raised gay" (whatever that means) and, many, in fact, come from very religious families and went to Catholic school from K-12. I reckon their parents thought they were "raising their kids straight" (whatever that means) too. So, good luck with that. I just hope (and I have reason to believe) that if your kids do turn out to be gay you accept it, support it, and love 'em for who they are.

RFUS's comments are by no means a prime example of what is wrong with parenting these days. I think he's got the right of it and you just read way too much into what he said.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:07 AM   #172
timmynausea
College Starter

Personally, I'm going to raise my kids Amish. Seems like the best way to keep the tv free from their cartoons and such.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:08 AM   #173
Subby
lolzcat

A lot of hinges on your belief system. SFL Cat believes homosexuality is a learned behavior. Others believe it is predetermined (genetic).

If you believe that homosexuality is a) learned and b) a sin, then is it so far-fetched that you would try and teach your child that homosexuality is wrong? And how does one do that? The same way you teach them smoking is wrong, or drinking is wrong, or lying is wrong or premarital sex is wrong. You model the correct behavior and do everything you can to mock/marginalize/discredit what you see as deviant/unacceptable.

Choices are fine within reason...but to think that giving your kids the facts and then letting them choose for themeselves is an over-simplified approach to child-rearing. If that was the way to do it, then we could just replace parents with guidance counselors.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #174
Subby
lolzcat

dola

Eventually kids are going to make their own choices though...and those decisions are largely influenced by how you raised them. If you were too heavy-handed and overbearing and controlling, they'll rebel. If you were too interested in being best buddies and self-esteem building, they probably won't give your guidance the proper amount of respect and consideration.

It's a fine line...and I'm not sure whate/where the answer is.

Old 12-19-2005, 11:13 AM   #175
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
A lot of hinges on your belief system. SFL Cat believes homosexuality is a learned behavior. Others believe it is predetermined (genetic).

If you believe that homosexuality is a) learned and b) a sin, then is it so far-fetched that you would try and teach your child that homosexuality is wrong? And how does one do that? The same way you teach them smoking is wrong, or drinking is wrong, or lying is wrong or premarital sex is wrong. You model the correct behavior and do everything you can to mock/marginalize/discredit what you see as deviant/unacceptable.

Choices are fine within reason...but to think that giving your kids the facts and then letting them choose for themeselves is an over-simplified approach to child-rearing. If that was the way to do it, then we could just replace parents with guidance counselors.

Well said. I agree.

I am pretty firmly in the belief that homosexuality is a) predetermined and b) perfectly fine.

I agree that just giving your kids the facts and then letting them choose for themselves is not only an over-simplified approach to child-rearing, it's pretty much impossible to do. Parents all carry their own baggage and beliefs and they are bound to be expressed. Based on what I said above, I just don't think that sexual preference is really something that can really be taught the way you teach a kid lying is wrong, being a bully is bad, etc., etc.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-19-2005, 11:13 AM   #176
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
dola

Eventually kids are going to make their own choices though...and those decisions are largely influenced by how you raised them. If you were too heavy-handed and overbearing and controlling, they'll rebel. If you were too interested in being best buddies and self-esteem building, they probably won't give your guidance the proper amount of respect and consideration.

dola

If you did know what/where the answer is and could pass it along you would be a very, very, very rich man.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:16 AM   #177
st.cronin
General Manager

I think in general parents get too much blame when things go wrong, and too much credit when things go right. Parents and kids are both people who make choices, some foolish, some wise, but with no real idea of what the outcome of those choices will be.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:20 AM   #178
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Well, anyone who didn't enjoy Anne Hathaway's bare breasts is probably a commie towel-headed camel-jockey faggot.

Hehe.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:21 AM   #179
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
Hehe.

I mean:

Heh.

"Hehe" sounds a little too gay for this thread.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:23 AM   #180
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I am pretty firmly in the belief that homosexuality is a) predetermined and

Wow has this been burned into the consciousness with little scientific proof supporting it.

We are all products of both genetics and environment. While I believe that some are almost assuredly more predisposed to homosexuality than others, the idea that we come out stamped as irrevocably one or the other is ludicrous.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:28 AM   #181
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Wow has this been burned into the consciousness with little scientific proof supporting it.

We are all products of both genetics and environment. While I believe that some are almost assuredly more predisposed to homosexuality than others, the idea that we come out stamped as irrevocably one or the other is ludicrous.

While there will always be inter-play between nature (genetics) and nurture (environment), I am more of a nature guy. Off the cuff I say 80/20 or so. I should have qualified what I said. I don't think we come out "stamped as irrevocably one or the other", but I think we do come out with a strong predisposition to one or the other. Like I said, 80/20 or thereabouts.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:37 AM   #182
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
While there will always be inter-play between nature (genetics) and nurture (environment), I am more of a nature guy. Off the cuff I say 80/20 or so. I should have qualified what I said. I don't think we come out "stamped as irrevocably one or the other", but I think we do come out with a strong predisposition to one or the other. Like I said, 80/20 or thereabouts.

I don't think its anywhere close to that strong, any more than there is that strong a predeliction for preference of redheads vs blondes, big boobies vs "athletic" bodies, or anything else.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:45 AM   #183
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

If it was a choice I'm not sure why one would choose it, given all crap they are forced to deal with.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:46 AM   #184
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
I don't think its anywhere close to that strong, any more than there is that strong a predeliction for preference of redheads vs blondes, big boobies vs "athletic" bodies, or anything else.
Do you think your preference for women is genetically pre-disposed?

Old 12-19-2005, 11:49 AM   #185
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion on what role genetics play in determining sexual orientation, science has not been able to adequately answer that question, but to compare a person's "preference" for men or women to a guy's predeliction for a certain hair color over another, or big boobies vs. "athletic bodies" is pretty ridiculous.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #186
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
You are certainly entitled to your opinion on what role genetics play in determining sexual orientation, science has not been able to adequately answer that question, but to compare a person's "preference" for men or women to a guy's predeliction for a certain hair color over another, or big boobies vs. "athletic bodies" is pretty ridiculous.

Why - they are both preferences as to what people find sexually attractive.

Last edited by Samdari : 12-19-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:55 AM   #187
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
dola

One of the wisest things I've ever seen posted here.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:00 PM   #188
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
I mean:

Heh.

"Hehe" sounds a little too gay for this thread.

Are you implying Beavis and Butthead are gay???
Old 12-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #189
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I believe that homosexuality is learned.

Quote:

I wasn't attracted at all to latino women before moving to El Paso from the Northeast. I now am after having lived there for almost eight years. I think that your desires change according to the environment.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:02 PM   #190
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
Are you implying Beavis and Butthead are gay???

No, because they say "Heh. Heh." That's double masculine.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:44 PM   #191
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Much more importantly, is supergayness learned or genetic

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #192
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Much more importantly, is supergayness learned or genetic

SI

Neither. You need to be bit by a radioactive gay man.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:54 PM   #193
Drake
assmaster

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:04 PM   #194
JeffNights
College Prospect

Well America has spoken, Brokeback Mountain made approx, 2.4 million in its opening weekend. Apparently two faggots going at it wasnt as big as a great idea as the studio hoped eh?
Old 12-19-2005, 08:08 PM   #195
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights
Well America has spoken, Brokeback Mountain made approx, 2.4 million in its opening weekend. Apparently two faggots going at it wasnt as big as a great idea as the studio hoped eh?

Guess again, prick.

Brokeback' Wrangles Strong Numbers in Expansion
by Brandon Gray
December 19, 2005

In limited release, Brokeback Mountain saw another stampede of moviegoers in its second weekend, while there was no springtime for The Producers in its debut.

Focus Features' cowboy love story lassoed $2.5 million from 69 locations, averaging a potent $36,354 per site, raising the total to $3.5 million in 10 days.

Last weekend, Brokeback Mountain trumpeted a $109,485 average at five bustling theaters in Los Angeles, New York City and San Francisco. It's natural for a picture's average to drop significantly as it adds smaller markets.

"The danger with distributing a movie like this is if you get ahead of it, you lose it," said Jack Foley, Focus' president of distribution. "We'll do what we have to do to meet the business capabilities and the demand. I'd love to see this movie in 2,000 theaters. I have no limits to how wide I want it to go."

Foley said that the expansion will be more aggressive than previously planned, with around 275 theaters set for Jan. 6 and about 400 for Jan. 13. The original intent was to be in 300 venues by the end of January.

Among Brokeback Mountain's encouraging numbers, Foley noted two theaters in conservative markets that Focus used as an experiment for the picture's crossover appeal: the AMC Yorktown 18 near Chicago and the Cinemark Legacy 24 in Plano, Texas—"one of the biggest grossing theaters in the nation for The Passion of the Christ," explained Foley. Brokeback Mountain ranked No. 2 and No. 3 in the complexes, respectively. "[The movie] is playing to the smart set as well as the boomer set, the senior set and the gay community," Foley said.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:11 PM   #196
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Guess again, prick.

Brokeback' Wrangles Strong Numbers in Expansion
by Brandon Gray
December 19, 2005

In limited release, Brokeback Mountain saw another stampede of moviegoers in its second weekend, while there was no springtime for The Producers in its debut.

Focus Features' cowboy love story lassoed $2.5 million from 69 locations, averaging a potent $36,354 per site, raising the total to $3.5 million in 10 days.

Last weekend, Brokeback Mountain trumpeted a $109,485 average at five bustling theaters in Los Angeles, New York City and San Francisco. It's natural for a picture's average to drop significantly as it adds smaller markets.

"The danger with distributing a movie like this is if you get ahead of it, you lose it," said Jack Foley, Focus' president of distribution. "We'll do what we have to do to meet the business capabilities and the demand. I'd love to see this movie in 2,000 theaters. I have no limits to how wide I want it to go."

Foley said that the expansion will be more aggressive than previously planned, with around 275 theaters set for Jan. 6 and about 400 for Jan. 13. The original intent was to be in 300 venues by the end of January.

Among Brokeback Mountain's encouraging numbers, Foley noted two theaters in conservative markets that Focus used as an experiment for the picture's crossover appeal: the AMC Yorktown 18 near Chicago and the Cinemark Legacy 24 in Plano, Texas—"one of the biggest grossing theaters in the nation for The Passion of the Christ," explained Foley. Brokeback Mountain ranked No. 2 and No. 3 in the complexes, respectively. "[The movie] is playing to the smart set as well as the boomer set, the senior set and the gay community," Foley said.

Haha...eat that, JeffNights
Old 12-19-2005, 08:12 PM   #197
JeffNights
College Prospect

Oh Yes, you are so right. This news has just ruined my life.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:27 PM   #198
Daimyo
College Starter

So you guys who think homosexuality is learned beleive that if you were raised by a gay couple or exposed to gay movies, etc at a young age you'd be gay too?
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:37 PM   #199
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights
Oh Yes, you are so right. This news has just ruined my life.

hey, you threw it out there. Now that you've been proven wrong, thus far (although its early) you disown your statement. Look, its finiancial success is not reflective of societies views on homosexuality, EITHER WAY.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 PM   #200
st.cronin
General Manager

By the way ...

Which one is gayer, a Wyoming Cowboy or a Dallas Cowboy?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote