Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2005, 08:05 AM   #151
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
Agreed. I like to rotate alot of players on offense and defense(provided that a.players improve during the season b.the more they play the better they should play as the season wears on.) This is why my entire defense rotates regardless of the fact even if we have freshmen who are 1.0-1.5 in current but 4.0-5.0 in future. I figured I should be playing next years starters and key backups this years just so we have depth and experience. I hope Arlie looks into that because what he has right now is a solid foundation for something truely great. Oh and one more thing I have only my LB's blitz which is 33 each with 1 going to my SS why is it that we are getting killed on the short pass. If they all blitz at the same percentage it should make it harder for them to know who is blitz'n that play. I am sure I will have more later when I open it up again.

You could probably make an argument for that being fine if the opposing QB is picking up a "hot read" based on a something the Defense is showing pre-snap. I doubt it would be programmed in such a finite way, but pretty cool nonetheless to think a QB with good recognition, could pick that up and get off a pass to the open area, if your Defense did not get to him quick enough.
BYU 14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:09 AM   #152
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Frankly, I think that was a small bone thrown to the I-want-to-recruit-during-the-season crowd to give us something recruiting-related in-season. However, I agree that it is useless to do without any true action to be taken. As it stands now, I just wait until the end of the season and look at their stats and recruiting ratings then

Well, I did not mean to sound so harsh as to call it useless. I was more interested in finding out if I was missing anything.

To clear that point up, Arlie, if you are reading this, congratulations, the game looks great, I am looking forward to buying it. It is a tremendous accomplishment (although not quite on the "You landing Farrah" scale).

As for viewing recruits in season, if he wants to keep recruiting separate from the games, perhaps during the season one could send scouts to get more detailed information about certain recruits chosen by the user? I know, probably a next version kind of feature, but it would keep recruiting offseason and yet give some purpose to the check recruits screen in season.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:17 AM   #153
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
edit: wait, there are the two sets of logos. Interesting that when I try to open the logos in the "black" folder that the backgrounds show as black, while they are white/neutral in my thumbnail view. not sure what the deal is there.

exactly...when i go to edit them, they have the black background, then when i save as a gif the background stays black.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:21 AM   #154
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
So... when you change a player's name, its doesn't change the guys name in the scouting report? Says Matt Leinart at the top, but it says Po in the player card. ?

i didn't edit the player's name - "Matt Leinart" was photoshopped onto that screen shot for illustrative purposes. i want to create the player faces and the logos for that banner on the bottom, and edit the helmets on the upper right hand side. all those combined is a big project - i'll let someone else have the fun of coming up with a real player name database.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:23 AM   #155
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
pstats.dat 1.1

Ok, i had some free time today and i have edited the pstats file again,

This was already (thanks to Grantdawg who created the first file)
- Real Team nicknames
- Real conference names

This is new (thanks to Scott Vibert and some other players for the info):
- Added all the real Stadium names.
- Added all the real Award names (please check if they are ok).
- Added all the real Bowl names and Bowl Stadiums.
- Fixed the following bugs:
UTEP name is UTEP now instead of Texas-El Paso
RICE name is RICE now instead of TexasRice
UTEP Rivarly is now with NMSU instead of Hawaii

Please download, unzip and overwrite your pstats.dat and check for errors/suggestions and i'll keep updating it.

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/pstats1.1.zip

Outstanding, thank you Icy.

Oh, and one more thing. Is it just my computer or does the game not load when you try to start it up through the Windows "Start" button menu?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:24 AM   #156
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
The Texas-El Paso thing was because I didn't think I could add "University" to the front because the name would be too long. I'll change it to UTEP. The Rice one was because I'm an idiot.

And thank you too, GD...

Old 11-23-2005, 08:44 AM   #157
wheels
Creative Director, Grey Dog Software

Quote:
One thing that feels like it is missing to me: some sort of "team summary" screen with your team's key stats, schedule, current ranking, etc. like the screen on FOF and TCY.

Obviously, for a quick summary, there is the team summary area at the bottom of the screen that is always visible. There also is an expectations screen available under the roster menu item during the camp stage, and a Team Info screen available also under the roster menu item once the season starts.

I think this is the info you're looking for: it contains the expectations for the year, full schedule and results to date, team strengths and weaknesses, roster breakdown, team overview and a team almanac.
wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:48 AM   #158
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
As for viewing recruits in season, if he wants to keep recruiting separate from the games, perhaps during the season one could send scouts to get more detailed information about certain recruits chosen by the user? I know, probably a next version kind of feature, but it would keep recruiting offseason and yet give some purpose to the check recruits screen in season.
My thought on this, if you want to make it realistic AND easy (and fitting into the "resource management" idea of this sort of game) would be to have the following:

1. One-time setting of an in-season target list of no more than 2 players per position (2 QB's, 2 RB's, 2 FB's, 4 WR's, etc.), and make that list static--only set it once at the beginning of the season.

2. Each week, all you'd do would be to set a "coaching staff emphasis" slider. After all, your coaches and assistant coaches ARE your scouts and recruiters. If you're playing Louisiana Somethingoranother, let it simulate your coaches spending more time that week watching film of recruits, visiting players, etc. You wouldn't have to do anything on a week-to-week basis, though, besides setting a 0-10 "recruit focus percentage" slider, with 0 being "our coaches should focus everything on the game this week" and 10 (which you'd only use during your off weeks) being "focus 100% on recruiting this week.

Then, once the recruiting stage rolls around, the more recruit focus you used during the season, the more accurate your scouting of players would be, and the more likely you'd be to be able to land them, and you'd also get a *slight* bonus in accuracy/recruiting for the guys you named to your watch list at the beginning of the year.

Such a system would also set up another decision-making process: "Do I schedule 11 games this year, and have an extra week to focus solely on recruiting, or do I schedule 12 games this year, and develop my players a little more?" As the game stands now (with as few injuries as there are), I can't come up with a reason not to schedule 12 games.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:59 AM   #159
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels
Obviously, for a quick summary, there is the team summary area at the bottom of the screen that is always visible. There also is an expectations screen available under the roster menu item during the camp stage, and a Team Info screen available also under the roster menu item once the season starts.

I think this is the info you're looking for: it contains the expectations for the year, full schedule and results to date, team strengths and weaknesses, roster breakdown, team overview and a team almanac.
No, that's not the information I'm looking for. There's only one player per position group listed at the bottom of the screen. I'm looking for something that I can easily look at to see how all of the key guys are doing, and how we're doing overall, and that I can easily copy to a dynasty thread, like this:

Cut-and-Paste of HTML Output:

Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att TD Int
Derek Kirk 405 255 3255 8.03 14 11
Jamie Ingram 51 29 299 5.86 2 4
Team 456 284 3554 7.79 16 15

Rushing Pos Att Yards Yd/Att TD
Norman Pike RB 214 922 4.30 7
Gabe Gardner RB 170 698 4.10 5
Derek Kirk QB 65 341 5.24 0
Barry Compton FB 61 242 3.96 4
Team --- 534 2350 4.40 16

Receiving Pos Target Catch Yards Yd/Ctch YAC TD
Kyle England SE 96 58 990 17.0 193 2
Barry Compton FB 74 53 464 8.7 238 4
Kris Gordon TE 73 51 461 9.0 61 6
Larry Schultz SE 57 32 518 16.1 72 1
Brad Littleton FL 44 27 389 14.4 66 0
Mario Claybrooks FL 35 18 310 17.2 43 2
Xavier Shirey FL 32 16 160 10.0 15 0
Team --- 455 284 3554 12.5 798 16

Defense Pos Tackle Assist Sack Hurr Ints Dfnsd
Bruce Falkenberg MLB 84 31 1.0 4 0 8
Russell McDonald RCB 79 19 0.0 0 4 18
Mel Fletcher SLB 77 35 4.0 2 4 7
Preston Armijo SS 71 20 0.0 0 0 7
Stan Chandler LCB 62 25 0.0 0 4 13
Bo Shields WLB 61 21 1.0 2 1 2
Carl Caraba FS 48 21 0.0 0 2 11
Donovan Rawls RDT 43 16 0.5 8 0 0
Leo Herndon RDT 39 18 5.5 6 0 1
Travis Walsh LDE 34 17 5.5 12 0 0
Amos Fulcher SS 29 10 0.0 0 5 2
Ted Guthrie LDT 29 10 2.5 1 0 0
Alfred Wilcox LCB 26 15 0.5 2 0 2
Burt Kletch RDE 23 7 6.0 11 0 0
Russell Kapp RDE 20 9 1.0 4 0 0
Team --- 815 289 30.0 55 22 71

Atlanta Team Rank
Rushes 534 2
Rushing Yards 2350 3
Yards Per Carry 4.40 8
Pass Attempts 456 31
Completions 284 28
Passing Yards 3554 15
Yards Per Attempt 7.79 5
3rd Down Conversions 47.7 7
Points Per Game 20.1 10
Turnovers 19 8 (T)
Turnover Margin +6 4 (T)

Opponents Team Rank
Rushes 454 20
Rushing Yards 1878 15
Yards Per Carry 4.13 12 (T)
Pass Attempts 499 7 (T)
Completions 276 1
Passing Yards 3111 1
Yards Per Attempt 6.23 6
3rd Down Conversions 43.4 21
Points Per Game 16.6 6 (T)
Turnovers 25 16 (T)
Turnover Margin -6 26 (T)

In-game screen shot:

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-23-2005 at 09:01 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:08 AM   #160
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
It would be nice if when you are sorting stats that it showed the players actual position. Looks like all the stat pages only say the player name, it should also list the position.

TOTALLY agree.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #161
DanGarion
Coordinator

It would be nice if when you are sorting stats that it showed the players actual position. Looks like all the stat pages only say the player name, it should also list the position.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:30 AM   #162
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
I'd rather see the #1 forced to the sideline at times (based on Endurance and Durability ratings). In reality, it is an extremely rare back who would stay in the game for every single carry, or defensive linemen who would stay in for every single snap.

Well, the way I would prefer this be implemented is the injury probability increase exponentially over 20 carries (or so). Rather than "force" a hard playing limit on the user, allow the user and interesting decision on how high to set playing time, with higher time being a definite risk. IMO, the more interesting decisions the better, although interesting is, of course, in the eye of the beholder.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:32 AM   #163
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
TOTALLY agree.
Wow you agreed so much you knew what I was thinking before I posted it!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:35 AM   #164
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Well, the way I would prefer this be implemented is the injury probability increase exponentially over 20 carries (or so). Rather than "force" a hard playing limit on the user, allow the user and interesting decision on how high to set playing time, with higher time being a definite risk. IMO, the more interesting decisions the better, although interesting is, of course, in the eye of the beholder.
That's not a bad idea either, provided that factoring in durability and endurance would increase or decrease the threshold for number of carries before injury probability started to increase.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-23-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:38 AM   #165
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
That's not a bad idea either, provided that factoring in durability and endurance would increase or decrease the threshold for number of carries before injury probability started to increase.

I think the decisions would be less interesting if the injury risk for a certain PT level were the same for every player. But, for a "macro-level" player, figuring this out and setting it would probably feel like micromanagement. Thus the interesing in the eye of the beholder comment.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:47 AM   #166
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
still no luck. I rebooted, and uninstalled, then I did it again, and installed, then I rebooted a final time, and same error msg...
Try going through the steps here and let me know in the GDS forum how it goes:
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...8617#post58617
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:50 AM   #167
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
That's what most people would want, correct? I suspect that the logic is working the way that it is intended to work right now, but that isn't good. If I set my QB to 100%, that doesn't mean I want him on the field in the fourth quarter when we're up 42-0. As best as I can tell, the percentages seem to be working for AI teams (or maybe the AI teams are not using 100%?), just not the human team.
[/size][/font]
The AI uses an algorithm for subbing players to keep them fresh (it's like they set the %s tailored to their team strengths). One thing I will definately be adding is blowout logic for Human and CPU teams. To be honest, I was doing some endurance validation and didn't want that in until I made sure that the endurance checked out. So, I think it's time to add it in now.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #168
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I saw a questions about the organization of states in relation to regions. The grouping we used for that is the same most recruiting sites use - including rivals.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:59 AM   #169
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

I really want to load it up but don't want to start until I can buy the game. I know if I start with the next 2 days off I will blow through the trial season in no time. With no rooting interest other than fantasy football for Thanksgiving, I am itching to hand my $35 bucks to Farrah's Black Friday Fund...
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:00 AM   #170
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
My question is this - during the season, part of the checklist is to check up on recruits performance and interest. Is there really any point in doing this? I don't see any way to make contact with them, or even make a shortlist (which is a MUST have). If at the end of the season, we start with the same information regarding the players ratings, performance (and it would be nice if those were not deterministically tied together) and interest, then the ability to check them during the season feels useless to me.
The interest level of recruits changes every 4 weeks based on your team's performance the recruit's own performance (ie, he has a great season, he may shoot higher) in the fall. You can see the recruit stats update every 4 weeks or so as well. So, if an in-state recruit is after both you and your instate rival and you win that rivalry game, you may notice his interest in your increase.

There is no action you can make to recruit the player during the fall, but you can monitor interest levels (oval on the far right) and watch the stats for recruits you may have interest in throughout the season.

Last edited by Arles : 11-23-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:05 AM   #171
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
You could probably make an argument for that being fine if the opposing QB is picking up a "hot read" based on a something the Defense is showing pre-snap. I doubt it would be programmed in such a finite way, but pretty cool nonetheless to think a QB with good recognition, could pick that up and get off a pass to the open area, if your Defense did not get to him quick enough.
Again, this isn't a direct answer here but I did want to mention that it is important to look at a QB's "instincts" rating. If he runs the options, that will dictate his decision making in pitches and if he's a drop-back passer, it will help him choose the open guy (if one exists). Instincts are also important for LBs and DBs in being in the correct position or making picks. So, if a QB has good instincts, chancing are blitzing him won't be as effective (providing the play has a "dump-off" route).
Old 11-23-2005, 10:05 AM   #172
Anthony
Banned

any helpful tips on editing the upper right hand helmets without getting a background to show up?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:08 AM   #173
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
any helpful tips on editing the upper right hand helmets without getting a background to show up?
You may want to try making it a transparent gif instead of a jpg. That's what we do in the "helmets" folder. That way you don't have to match the matte color for each image.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:09 AM   #174
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
There is no action you can make to recruit the player during the fall, but you can monitor interest levels (oval on the far right) and watch the stats for recruits you may have interest in throughout the season.

That's all well and good, but if all I can do is watch, its not that interesting, especially if I have to remember (physically impossible) or write them down (something I have no interest in, and that a gamer should never have to do IMO) for it to mean anything. If there is no way to at least add them to a short list, or somehow mark the ones I find appealing in game, I (and I imagine other old folks with failing memories) will not be seeing them change week to week. It is like seeing an entirely new set of names/ratings/interest levels every week.

I must reiterate, don't let my nitpicking get in the way of the more important message of congratulations. I don't want to seem like I am bitching about a game I have not paid for yet. I like what I see so far, and had a question about that feature.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:15 AM   #175
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic

Not sure if you saw this from the last page or not, HA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels
The helmet in the upper right is best used as a transparent gif with a black matte. If you go to edit the helmet, you need to resave it with transparency in your photo editing software.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:27 AM   #176
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Not sure if you saw this from the last page or not, HA...
indeed, missed it. d'oh.

gonna start working on the images tonite.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:02 AM   #177
Flasch186
Coordinator

the DL of the Real stuff says the redirection limit has been exceeded. Is anyone else hosting this?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-23-2005, 11:05 AM   #178
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
the DL of the Real stuff says the redirection limit has been exceeded. Is anyone else hosting this?
I don't have it, but if someone can send it to me, I can host it.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:16 AM   #179
Flasch186
Coordinator

tis workin' now

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-23-2005, 11:17 AM   #180
John Galt
Pro Starter

Problems I've seen so far:

1) Sometimes XP's turn into FG's and the opponent gets 3 points (9 total for the TD). This happens when playing the game. I've seen it 3 times in 5 games.

2) I've seen a QB of mine run the ball and have the play result be listed as an interception returned for 0 yards. I still kept possession.

3) If you select a defensive formation other than the original one set for the team, the play "suggest" still suggests the old formation plays all the time. I made my team 4-3 before the year, but every play suggestion is a 3-4 play (if not a nickel or dime situation).

4) Play calling AI seems strange to me. I often get the message that the defense was expecting a play even when I'm running a play very unusual for the situation. Most often I call a run on 3rd and really long, the defense plays run defense, and I lose yards on the play.

5) Admittedly this is based on small sample sizes, but I've yet to be able to run the ball effectively when playing the games. This has even been the case when playing really bad teams (with really bad defenses) and a top quality RB. I'm very lucky to average 3 yd per carry.

6) There really should be an option to have your assistants manage study hall time. It isn't as bad as TCY time management, but I have no interest in managing study hall allocations.

7) When simming a whole season, I see too much parity. Admittedly, this is also based on small sample sizes. The last season I simmed had 1 undefeated team after the bowls, no 1 loss teams, only 4 two loss teams, and 3 teams in the top 25 with 5 loses. That feels wrong to me, but I also admit I don't have the normal win distributions in college football data to back me up.

The game has potential, IMO, but it is still a definite wait-and-see for me.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:40 AM   #181
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

coolroy sure doesn't know much about transparent images.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #182
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

I'm also seeing the defense only offer me nickel and dime packages for play calling. Sorry, but 2nd and 7 I should be able to go with a standard package. Was also wondering if there's a way to let the AI run the game and only selectively butt in to change plays, like FOF does? It gets tiresome having to hit suggest every play. I'd like to just sit back and watch and pick my plays to call.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:45 AM   #183
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Download and install worked fine but when I try to start the game I get an infobox telling me to update Internet Explorer to version 5.5 or higher.

Only problem is my current version is 6.0? (Full name: 6.0.2900.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519).

When I then try to start the game I get a run-time error 70

Can anyone help?
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:24 PM   #184
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Arkansas State ball, Q1, 1-10-ARK35 (15:00) 0-0
Javon Whitehead kicks 55 from Arkansas State 35 to Arizona State 10. Alton Manning to Arizona
State 30 for a 20 yard return.

Arizona State ball, Q1, 1-10-ASU30 (14:41) 0-0
Offense: Short Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-HB-screen (short pass)
Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-Man-B10 (target pass)
QB A. Divito completes a 6 yard screen to RB P. Robb (OLB Q. Gildon, OLB D. Darden).

Roughing the Passer against DE Aubrayo Newsome on Arkansas State. The Penalty is for 15 yards,
and an automatic first down.
The Offense will accept the penalty. It is now First and 10 at the Arkansas State 49.

Arizona State ball, Q1, 2-10-ARK49 (14:00) 0-0
Offense: Outside Run, Set: Trips, Play: TR-HB-pitch-RE (outside run)
Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-MZ (target pass)
RB P. Robb runs right end for 9 yards (FS G. Rose, CB K. Lassiter).

Arizona State ball, Q1, 3-1-ARK40 (13:27) 0-0
Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Trips, Play: TR-FL-slant-SE-post (med pass)
Defense: Stop Run, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-run-MZ-B8 (target run)
QB A. Divito completes a 40 yard cross to WR M. Ditka ****Touchdown!*****

I don't have an account on GreyDog, but if you notice the roughing the passer results in a first down, but it says it's second down in the next line???? I scored a TD anyhow, but it could have become a factor.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:27 PM   #185
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola-

I should point out I've seen several of these. I had a 1st and 5 gained 4 yards on the run and now it's 1st and 10.

Another is there never was a 3rd down. It went 2nd and 24 to 4th and 17 with a punt and the other team started on 3rd down.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:58 PM   #186
Flasch186
Coordinator

...annnnnnndddddd

Shelved. Ill wait til the glitches are worked out before I fall in love with a school.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-23-2005, 02:08 PM   #187
Icy
Pro Starter

Real DB updated to 1.2

This was already (thanks to Grantdawg who created the first file)
- Real Team nicknames
- Real conference names

This is new (thanks to Scott Vibert and some other players for the info):
- Added all the real Stadium names.
- Added all the real Award names (please check if they are correct).
- Added all the real Bowl names and Bowl Stadiums.
- Fixed the following bugs:
UTEP name is UTEP now instead of Texas-El Paso
RICE name is RICE now instead of TexasRice
UTEP Rivarly is now with NMSU instead of Hawaii
Auburn stadium name set to Jordan Hare
Arkansas stadium name set to Razorbacks
Fixed some rivalries as suggested.
Fixed Penn State nickname that was still listed as the Cougars

Please download, unzip and overwrite your pstats.dat and check for errors/suggestions and i'll keep updating it.

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/pstats1.2.zip
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:10 PM   #188
MJ4H
Coordinator

Arkansas' stadium is Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. Don't know if you want that full name or not, but for what it is worth, that's it.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #189
Icy
Pro Starter

Real logos pack

Here is my first logo pack, it works with the real names database that i also publised (else some logos wouldn't appear as the teams nicknames are not the same).

The logos are yahoo style, but resized and with the background set to transparent.

Screenshoot (notice the logos at the right top and left bottom):

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/logosdemo.jpg

Download the file and unzip into the \graphics\helmets folder overwritting your current ones. If you want to keep the current ones too, just backup them before overwrite them with this new ones.

Enjoy it!

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/icylogopack.zip

Last edited by Icy : 11-23-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:17 PM   #190
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Real logos pack

Here is my first logo pack, it works with the real names database that i also publised (else some logos wouldn't appear as the teams nicknames are not the same).

The logos are yahoo style, but resized and with the background set to transparent.

Screenshoot (notice the logos at the right top and left bottom):

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/logosdemo.jpg

Download the file and unzip into the \graphics\helmets folder overwritting your current ones. If you want to keep the current ones too, just backup them before overwrite them with this new ones.

Enjoy it!

http://www.prodeportes.com/bb/icylogopack.zip

You da man!
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:33 PM   #191
MJ4H
Coordinator

It appears the arkansas and arkansas state logos are reversed. Yes I used your team name file too.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:34 PM   #192
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
It appears the arkansas and arkansas state logos are reversed. Yes I used your team name file too.

Could be, you only need to rename them to the correct nickname, anyway i'm goign to fix it now.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:36 PM   #193
MJ4H
Coordinator

Here is a pic so you can see what I mean
Old 11-23-2005, 02:37 PM   #194
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am probably going to get slammed for asking, but is there any type of ETA for the full game? I can wait as long as I have to, but I'm just curious.

If this was asked already in the thread, I'm sorry.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:38 PM   #195
Icy
Pro Starter

The nicknames were switched in the DB, i have reuploaded the pstats1.2.zip
Old 11-23-2005, 02:39 PM   #196
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I am probably going to get slammed for asking, but is there any type of ETA for the full game? I can wait as long as I have to, but I'm just curious.

If this was asked already in the thread, I'm sorry.

No ETA, some bugs need to be fixed, the multiplayer and more html reports added, then more bug fixes, then release. Hoppefully soon.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:40 PM   #197
Emiliano
College Prospect

Awesome job! Thanks man.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:53 PM   #198
rexallllsc
Banned

Is there a <- -> Back-Forward set of buttons? I found myself getting stuck a bit last nite going through a few screens.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:08 PM   #199
Arles
Grey Dog Software

If you get lost, you can always click the "View stage details" button on the lower left and go back to the weekly checklist. You can also "check" off task you've completed and the checks will stay even if you switch screens and come back.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:09 PM   #200
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
No ETA, some bugs need to be fixed, the multiplayer and more html reports added, then more bug fixes, then release. Hoppefully soon.
Argh. Hollywood Mogul is coming out in December (I believe) and now this!

At least I didn't get an Xbox 360 yesterday and have the money to buy both!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote