Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2005, 11:09 PM   #151
Anthony
Banned

i haven't even touched my video games consistently in a very long time. it just dawned on me right now that i'm likely out of the video game playing phase of my life. i just spend pretty much all my free time on my PC and online now.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:06 AM   #152
SackAttack
Head Coach

North American release date: 11/22.
European release date (for the Euros on the board): 12/2.
Japanese release date (if anybody cares): 12/10.

Interesting that Japan is getting it last of all; perhaps because Xbox sold so poorly over there that they want to focus initial launch efforts on their two biggest markets?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:10 AM   #153
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
North American release date: 11/22.

I wonder if they'll be any Black Friday Xbox 360 deals.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:33 AM   #154
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW

Sure. Buy a 360, get any game for just $59.99 extra (plus sales tax).
Old 09-15-2005, 03:32 PM   #155
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
I bet there will be, but in the form of main in rebates. Like, buy a 360 and 2 games, we'll send you back a check for $25 in 2006.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #156
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I'll probably get a 360, but The long awaited sequel to WARHAWK is only for ps3.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:12 PM   #157
Philliesfan980
Banned

Probably the best bundle to get now is the Walmart.Com ones. At least you get to choose your games.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #158
bob
College Starter

Didn't see this posted anywhere on the forum..... Madden 360 screenshots:

http://pepsi.yahoo.com/everyten/sf_madden.php
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:38 PM   #159
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
Didn't see this posted anywhere on the forum..... Madden 360 screenshots:

http://pepsi.yahoo.com/everyten/sf_madden.php
They look good, but I'm not sure if they look that much better than they do on my XBox. Then again, pix don't do justice to games. You really have to see them in motion.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:38 PM   #160
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
They look good, but I'm not sure if they look that much better than they do on my XBox. Then again, pix don't do justice to games. You really have to see them in motion.

I would agree - I would expect better looking graphics than this. The lighting is still a bit dull and the surfaces/textures aren't the leap forward I would expect. I've seen much better graphics on games in development, so I would have to surmise that EA hasn't come close to maximizing the graphics potential of the platform. Either that, or the games I've seen are going to have to do some major scaling back as they get final hardware test kits in, which is also possible, but less likely given what I know.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:21 PM   #161
Philliesfan980
Banned

Guys just took the plunge and pre-ordered a XBOX360 through WalMart.com. Everyone knows that feeling whenever you buy something pretty expensive online, part excited, part what am I doing feeling.

I got the customer choice bundle.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4213561

Chose Madden 2006 (yeah, I know, but come Nov 18, height of football season, I'll want to play some football), Call of Duty 2, and Tiger Woods.

Doesn't feel so painful ordering this bundle, everything that I'm getting I'll actually use. Really looking forward to the wireless controllers.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:57 AM   #162
stevew
Hall Of Famer

PSP UMD movie tidbit

Play It Again, Sony
Sony is discovering surprisingly strong demand for movies being released in the UMD format, which can only be played on its PlayStation Portable device. Two releases have sold more than 100,000 copies each within two months. (Newsweek observes that it took nine months for the first movie on DVD to reach that mark.) Sony is also finding new outlets for the UMD movies that it doesn't have with DVDs as game retailers add the movies to their offerings. The premium price for the DVDs is also reportedly offsetting lower sales for DVDs. Meanwhile Sony announced that it is making available Talkman: PSP-240 software for the PSP that will not only translate English movies into Japanese (and vice versa) but also allow users to talk into the device and have it translate the words into a foreign language through its built-in speakers. The Talkman software is currently available only in Japan.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:11 PM   #163
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Costco now has a bundle for $479.99. The only game attached is PGR3.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...805*3590*21682*
Old 09-21-2005, 04:32 PM   #164
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Costco now has a bundle for $479.99. The only game attached is PGR3.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...805*3590*21682*

First reasonable pre-order bundle I've seen - thanks for the link.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:08 PM   #165
cincyreds
High School Varsity

I am finished with consoles...PC gaming all the way here on out.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:13 PM   #166
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyreds
I am finished with consoles...PC gaming all the way here on out.

Why, out of idle curiosity?
Old 09-21-2005, 05:20 PM   #167
stevew
Hall Of Famer

That Costco bundle is actually worth getting. Too bad its not a game i would like, however.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:06 PM   #168
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

From someone who played an Xbox 360 at Walmart - trusted source.

OH MY GOD!!! I am stunned. I have seen lots of screenshots as well as tons of movies, but what I saw today far exceeded what I expected from the system.
I got to play it in my Wal Mart and surprisingly, there weren't many people around so I got a chance to play Call of Duty for awhile. Let me say that this game wasn't even on my radar because I just don't like shooters on a console, but after what I saw, I immediately pre-ordered the game. This is the first time I can honestly say that a console game looked better than anything I have seen on a pc to date.

I'm sure they had it running on some super duper plasma tv, but I can honestly say that it took my breath away. Even my wife couldn't believe what she was seeing and she normally isn't impressed with anything I show her related to video games.

The gameplay felt pretty much like any Call of Duty game, but it looked so damn good, that it just made you want to play it more. The controller felt pretty good and best that I can tell, it felt a tad smaller than the regular Xbox S controller. I couldn't touch the system because it was behind glass, but it looked bigger than what I though it was going to be. It appears to be as wide as the original Xbox, maybe slightly wider and almost as tall as well. Of course, you do get the option to stand it on it's side should you choose to.

Call of Duty appears to be the only demo that's playable, but they had movies of quite a few others. I watched the demo of NBA 2K6 and it showed a ton of gameplay footage and it was every bit as impressive as Call of Duty, just not playable. Shaq looked exactly like Shaq and the crowd looks just unbelievable. This is another game that I will now preorder.

So guys, color me very impressed and very happy that I have one of these babies already paid for...I literally can't wait for the next month to go by. I am going back over to Wal MArt to play it again this evening so can show my son how it looks. You guys should check your Wal Marts as I am sure most of them should have the demo kiosk if the one in my sleepy little town did.

2nd trip back to Walmart:

Went back with my son and he was probably more blown away than I was. He was able to get pretty far into the Call of Duty demo as he accomplished several of the goals and called in an airstrike. It was a sight to behold, I'll tell you. Bullets whiz by, and sometimes if you get a near miss, wood will chip away from around a door. As I watched him play, I got to see a lot more of the AI and they definitely behave as close to human as anything I've seen. They will run for cover if you throw a grenade and they will also retreat if they are outnumbered. Again, for a game that wasn't even on my radar, it has become a must buy.

After he played Call of Duty for about 15 minutes, I switched over to Kameo. This is a game that I've followed the development of and is definitely a launch day purchase for me. Kameo, while darker than Call of Duty, still was awesome to look at. This is a platform game developed by Rare so it has a little of that cartoon look, which is perfect for this game. I didn't play it long, but long enough to see that it was yet another really cool game. You use the face buttons to transform into different characters as certain ones are better for certain enemies. There is a plant form kinda like Petey Pirhana and there is also a big rolling ball with spikes. This demo seems to be more of a tutorial than anything else, so I exited and went to King Kong.

King Kong looks fantastic, but again it's pretty dark as you are in a jungle environment and it's raining like crazy. I wandered around until I saw some guys up on a bridge and they were screaming about something being after them. A few seconds later, I saw this huge dinosaur coming towards me. They told me to distract it so I poked it with a stick only to have it kill me and end the demo. I went ahead and quit since we had been playing for quite awhile and there were others waiting. First impressions of King Kong...it looks fantastic and feels like you're playing a movie...my interest in this one has definitely been raised.

I spent a few minutes flipping through the system menus, but a lot of it was not active for the demo version. All I can say is this is the slickest system interface ever. You can hit the little Xbox logo in the middle of the controller and immediately you are transferred to the menus. From here, you can do anything you want to such as voice chat, receive or send game invites, and even play media such as photos and mp3s without ever losing progress in the game you are playing. With a press of a button, you are back in the game.

I took a closer look at the system itself and was amazed that there were no controller ports on the front. There were two memory unit ports, but nothing for controllers. I wonder where the wired controllers will plug in.

After my second visit with the system, my excitement has increased even more, if that's possible. My son also was simply in awe of what he saw and played. It's all he has talked about since we got home. One thing for sure, all three of the games on the demo absolutely rock and they are diverse enough to really let someone see what the system will do. The whole time we were playing, we could hear people behind us talking about how good it looked and how cool it was. This system is going to make a lot of people forget the name Sony, at least for a while.

I might be getting one of these afterall.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #169
dervack
College Prospect

For those who wants some hands on time...

http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/xbox360kiosks

It's down right now, but it's basically a google map with all the locations that have a kiosk currently.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:24 PM   #170
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I wonder where the wired controllers will plug in.

USB.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #171
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My EB Games store that I pre-ordered from still has no idea when they are re-opening from what I can tell. I hope I can transfer my preorder of the Xbox 360 to another store and still get it around the release date (or at least within a few weeks.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 03:59 PM   #172
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
My EB Games store that I pre-ordered from still has no idea when they are re-opening from what I can tell. I hope I can transfer my preorder of the Xbox 360 to another store and still get it around the release date (or at least within a few weeks.)

I still doubt I'll get it on release day.. well, especially since I haven't pre-ordered.. but I will be looking foward to hearing some impressions from you.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:12 PM   #173
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
It appears to be as wide as the original Xbox, maybe slightly wider and almost as tall as well. Of course, you do get the option to stand it on it's side should you choose to.

We got some Xbox360 dev kits in a few weeks back, and they are definitely not as big as the original Xbox, FWIW...
Old 10-22-2005, 08:32 PM   #174
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Saw it in the store today. I'm going to have to stand in line to get one, but no biggie.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:58 PM   #175
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
For those who wants some hands on time...

http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/xbox360kiosks

It's down right now, but it's basically a google map with all the locations that have a kiosk currently.

A warning, the user posted gallery at the bottom of that page is NSFW.. people seem to be posting whatever they want there.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:54 AM   #176
dervack
College Prospect

Sorry, I never scrolled far enough down to see that they could do that. My apologies.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #177
Ragone
Pro Rookie

the more i read about it.. the more it makes me want it.. argh.. and i didn't preorder it either.. ah well.. guess i get to go out the weekend after thanksgiving and try and find one.. cripes
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #178
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm taking off the 22nd through the 27th. I'm going to go down to Walmart at 6 p.m. on the 21st and wait for one...if that doesn't work, I'll go to our local mall which has Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. nearby and wait for them to open up.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #179
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Dammit, I think I'm going to my local Walmart and getting one of these as well. Played the one at our Walmart and I'm impressed, it'll look so good on my new LCD TV.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #180
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm still hoping my EB games will open back up. If it doesn't open up by Friday, I'll probably transfer my pre-order to a further away store (which the corporate office said I can do.) Hopefully, the transfer will go smoothly if necessary and I still get in on the 1st batch.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:16 AM   #181
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Maybe I'm in the minority, but the more videos I see of Madden next gen, the more I want it.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #182
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

What kinds of titles are you guys looking forward to for launch? IMO, it seems a lot of games are not real improvements at the level of gameplay but rather more eye candy. The videos and a Call of Duty demo I saw on a 360 at EB sure look great, but are there genuine advances in gameplay being made with these first few titles? I'm still waiting for a 'Wow' game that goes beyond graphics upgrades.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:49 AM   #183
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm getting the XBox 360 for Christmas, and my first game will probably be Project Gotham Racing 3. I loved PGR2, and although I can't even think of room for gameplay improvement, I'm sure that they'll come up with something good.

Well, I hope so anyway.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #184
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab
What kinds of titles are you guys looking forward to for launch? IMO, it seems a lot of games are not real improvements at the level of gameplay but rather more eye candy. The videos and a Call of Duty demo I saw on a 360 at EB sure look great, but are there genuine advances in gameplay being made with these first few titles? I'm still waiting for a 'Wow' game that goes beyond graphics upgrades.

I've seen COD 2 and King Kong in action. Both look unreal in HD and King Kong would be on my list if/when I get a 360.

I don't think Madden 360 is much different even though they say, "It's build from the ground up." - but the whole atmostphere looks unreal in action from the videos.

The initial shock will be the graphics, but I think you'll see some real advances in gameplay within the first 3 months after release. Halo 3 should be unreal.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #185
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I believe there are about 3 times the animations in Madden for the Xbox 360 than the other versions as well.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:26 PM   #186
TroyF
Coordinator

My first batch of games will consist of Madden, NBA2K6, NHL2K6 and Call of Duty. After that, we'll wait and see what happens.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:29 PM   #187
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh yeah, I'm getting Madden and PGR 3. I'll see what else for Christmas.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #188
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab
IMO, it seems a lot of games are not real improvements at the level of gameplay but rather more eye candy. The videos and a Call of Duty demo I saw on a 360 at EB sure look great, but are there genuine advances in gameplay being made with these first few titles? I'm still waiting for a 'Wow' game that goes beyond graphics upgrades.

The easiest thing to show off with a new generation of console games is the leap in graphical capabilities. New consoles = better graphics cards = more detailed models, textures and lighting, which makes for great screenshots. Greater GPU power also allows greater possibility for interactive environments. With more memory for models and textures, you are better able to do things like create destructable environments (or any other example of modifying your environment).

What also comes is an increase in the sophistication of the animations. Greater memory means you can load more animations into memory at any one time. Greater CPU horsepower means to can construct more sophisticated animation blending schemes and physics simulations in the animations. Moreso than any other area of game graphics, improvements in animations tie in with improvements in gameplay.

The boost in CPU power should benefit gameplay not just by providing more sophisticated and cool features like real-world physics (think Half-Life 2) but the extra computing cycles allow for more sophisticated AI code to be utilized - we should see smarter behavior by NPC's in the next-gen of games (provided the programmers are up to the task).

As always, the first wave of games on the new platforms are less likely to take full advantage of the hardware. It takes some time working with the platform to figure out how to fully utilize what is available, figure out more clever ways of optimization and determine the priorities of what matters most with each system.

Also, remember that the type of game determines what you see. It's always going to be easier to make Tiger Woods look better than Madden, simply because in a golf game you only have to worry about 1 character on screen at any time, while in football you have the 22 on-field players, numerous sideline players, coaches, photographers and cheerleaders, plus populating the stadium crowd.

I think we'll also see greater use of the ability to download content in this upcoming generation of games, both in the form of new levels, updates to characters and game items and customization of both.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:48 PM   #189
dervack
College Prospect

Perfect Dark Zero at launch, and Madden shortly thereafter. I also plan on getting NBA 2K6, and NCAA 2K6 in January, along with Top Spin. Those are the ones on my radar, and maybe, eventually, either Need for Speed, or PGR 3.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #190
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Madden and NBA 2k6 will be my first two games. Not sure which ones will be bought after that.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:09 PM   #191
spleen1015
Coordinator

Has anyone else heard that Microsoft is going to fall short of their projected number of units for launch day?

My buddy has his preordered at Blockbuster. They called him yesterday to tell him that Microsoft has cut everyone's launch day allocations in half because they are unable to meet their projections.

Talking to EB where I have mine preordered, they haven't heard this and they don't seem to think Microsoft will have any trouble deliverying on launch day.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 11-11-2005 at 12:10 PM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:16 PM   #192
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Preordered at Blockbuster?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:25 PM   #193
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
Has anyone else heard that Microsoft is going to fall short of their projected number of units for launch day?

I always thought that was pretty much a no-brainer that we'd see that happen.

They're going for buzz on this machine, and if the scarcity increases, and the machine is a hit with the people who CAN get their hands on it, they'll get the buzz increase they're after.

They're also signfiicantly playing down the core units, from what I understand. If you go somewhere that's gonna have them as grab-and-gos, I'd be willing to bet you'll see about 3 premium 360's for every core 360 the store in question has.

Seems like the $300 unit is primarily to catch the attention of Mom and Dad Average, and get them thinking about the 360, but that Microsoft doesn't seriously intend that the Core System should be a dominant part of the business.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:37 PM   #194
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Seems like the $300 unit is primarily to catch the attention of Mom and Dad Average, and get them thinking about the 360

except that "Mom and Dad Average" don't care about video games, and will get whatever their kids put on their xmas lists. in a winter where heating costs are a real concern i don't know of many parents who'll waste much attention on following the console wars. that's an awful lot of speculation on your part.

what the likely culprit is the $300 systems are for people like me, people who've grown up with video games, have now grown tired of PS2/XBox and are "growing up" so MS would like to "keep us in play". premium consoles are for the kiddies and those who gotta have the latest and greatest. the core unit is basically MS saying "well, it sucks that you're no longer into games like you used to be and you won't be spending [insert silly amount of money for a video game system here] on our premium console, but here - at least upgrade over your current XBox/PS2 at a reduced price by taking our basic unit with less features."

what i don't get is this - the common tradition is consoles with peripherals don't get supported by 3rd party developers, but if the core unit is essentially MS's "bastard child" and they're really pushing the premium version does this mean we're going to see a change to this tradition (a product with add-ons being more supported than the basic version)?

Last edited by Anthony : 11-11-2005 at 02:05 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #195
jbmagic
Pro Starter

wow

Best buy has the xbox 360 demo out.

King Kong looks great. the graphic is awesome in detail.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:54 PM   #196
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Microsoft has announced some of the Xbox games that will you can play on the 360 (212 at launch).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamespot
360 to play 200+ Xbox games

Microsoft confirms its next-gen console will play many games for its current-gen console, including Halo, Ninja Gaiden, KOTOR, Fable, GTA, and more.

After playing coy for months about the Xbox 360's backwards compatibility, Microsoft has finally come clean. The software behemoth announced late Friday that over 200 games from its current-generation console will play on its next-generation console.

As one might expect, Microsoft has made sure all the top Xbox games are supported, including Halo and Halo 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I and II, Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black, and the three Grand Theft Autos: III, Vice City and San Andreas. A total of 212 Xbox games will be playable on the 360 at launch, though Microsoft says that number will increase.

Friday also brought good news to Xbox Live addicts. Any of the backwards-compatible games will be playable cross-platform between the Xbox 360 and Xbox over Xbox Live. That means would-be Master Chiefs with a 360 can still own their friends playing on current-generation consoles--although the former will see the carnage in higher resolution.

However, there is a catch. To play an Xbox game on the 360, players must first insert the current-gen game into a next-gen console hooked up to Xbox Live. The system will check if the console has the latest emulation software. If not, it will automatically download said software, install it on the 360, restart, and load the original Xbox game. Obviously, a 360 hard drive--which comes with the Halo and Halo 2 software preinstalled--is required the backwards-compatibility software.

For 360 owners who either can't or won't log onto Xbox Live, Microsoft offers two other solutions. First, they can go to Xbox.com, download the emulators, burn them onto a CD, and then insert said CD into the 360, which will auto-install the software. The other option is to order a free CD from Xbox.com which will be mailed to the requestor for a "nominal" fee. However, the CD will be mailed out for free to Japanese 360 owners.

A complete list of the Xbox games that will be playable on the 360 when it ships on November 22 is below:

Alias
Aliens vs. Predator: Extinction
All Star Baseball 2003
Amped
Army Men: Sarge's War
Atari Anthology
ATV Quad Power Racing 2
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2
Barbarian
Barbie Horse Adventure
Batman Begins
Battle Engine Aquila
Battlestar Galactica
Blinx 2
BMX XXX
Brute Force
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Chaos Bleeds
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts
Cabela’s Outdoor Adventures 06
Cabela's Deer Hunt 2005
Cabela's Deer Hunt: 2004 Season
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Casino
Catwoman
Chicago Enforcer
Circus Maximus
Close Combat: First to Fight
Colin McRae 4
Combat Elite
Commandos 2
Conflict: Desert Storm
Constantine
Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity
Crash Nitro Kart
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Curse – The Eye of Isis
Dark Angel
Darkwatch
Deathrow
Digimon Rumble Arena
Dinotopia
Dead or Alive 3
Drake
Egg Mania
ESPN MLS Extra Time 2002
Euro 2004
F1 Championship Season 2001
Fable
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Fairly Odd Parents: Breakin' da Rules
FIFA 2003
FIFA 2004
FIFA Street 2005
FIFA World Cup 2002
Fight Night 2004
Fight Night Round 2
Ford Mustang Racing
Ford vs. Chevy
Forza Motorsport
Freedom Fighters
Frogger
Futurama
Fuzion Frenzy
Genma Onimusha
Goblin Commander
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Gravity Games Bike: Street. Vert. Dirt.
Grooverider: Slot Car Thunder
Half-Life 2
Halo
Halo 2
Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone
He-Man: Defender of Grayskull
Hitman: Contracts
House of the Dead 3
IHRA Drag Racing 2005 Sportsman Edition
IHRA Professional Drag Racing 2005
Jade Empire
James Bond 007: Nightfire
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death
Jurassic Park Genesis
Kabuki Warrior
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer
Kids Next Door: Operation VIDEOGAME
kill.switch
Legends of Wrestling
Lemony Snicket A Series of Unfortunate Events
Loons Fight for Fame
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Manhunt
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Medal of Honor 3 Rising Sun
Medal of Honor Frontline
Medal of Honor: European Assault
Mega Man
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
MicroMachines Odyssey
Mike Tyson Heavyweight Boxing
Monster Garage
Mortal Kombat: Deception
MTV Music Generator 3
Murakumo
MX World Tour - featuring Jamie Little
Namco Museum X Next Generation
NBA Live 2003
NBA Live 2004
Need For Speed: Underground 2
NFL Blitz 2002
NFL Blitz 20-03
NFL Blitz 20-04
NHL 2004
NHL Hitz 20-03
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden Black
Outlaw Golf 2
Outlaw Volleyball
Pariah
Phantom Crash
Pinball Hall of Fame
Pitfall: The Lost Expedition
Predator
Prince of Persia 4: The Sands of Time
Pro Evolution Soccer 5
Pro Race Driver
PUMP IT UP
Pure Pinball
Puyo Puyo Fever
Quantum Redshift
Rayman Arena
Raze's Hell
Red Dead Revolver
Red Faction II
RedCard 20-03
Robotech: Battle Cry
Rocky: Legends
Rogue Ops
Rugby 2005
Samurai Jack
Samurai Warriors
Scooby Doo: Night of 100 Frights
Scrapland
SeaWorld: Shamu's Deep Sea Adventures
Sega GT 2002
Shadow the Hedgehog
Shellshock:Nam '67
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Simpson's Road Rage
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Sneakers
Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945
Soccer Slam
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Mega Collection
Speed Kings
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Splat Renegade Paintball
SpongeBob Square Pants:Battle for Bikini Bottom
Spy Hunter 2
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
SSX 3
Stake
Star Trek: Shattered Universe
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic 2
Street Racing Syndicate
Stubbs the Zombie: Rebel Without a Pulse
Super Bubble Pop
Super Monkey Ball DX
SX Superstar
Tecmo Classic Arcade
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Terminator : Dawn of Fate
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
Tetris Worlds
The Great Escape
The Incredible Hulk
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer
The Thing
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Tork
Toxic Grind
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3
Urban Freestyle Soccer
Vexx
Volvo: Drive for Life
World Series Baseball 2K
Worms 4: Mayhem
Worms Forts Under Siege
WWE Raw 2
XIII
Yourself!Fitness

By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot
Old 11-12-2005, 06:14 AM   #197
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ugh. No NCAA 2006? I was hoping it would be on there so you can still import draft classes.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:20 AM   #198
henry296
College Starter

It also looks like none of the 2k sports games are there either.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:17 AM   #199
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
It also looks like none of the 2k sports games are there either.
But they have said they will continue to add to the list. Off the top of my head, their are 3 1st part titles not on that list. Conker's, PGR 1 and PGR 2. They will add to the list as the emulators are available.

Last edited by dervack : 11-12-2005 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:20 AM   #200
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015

My buddy has his preordered at Blockbuster. They called him yesterday to tell him that Microsoft has cut everyone's launch day allocations in half because they are unable to meet their projections.

Talking to EB where I have mine preordered, they haven't heard this and they don't seem to think Microsoft will have any trouble deliverying on launch day.
This happens with every console launch, and Nintendo is notorious for doing this on purpose to make it seem their is more interest in their system than their really is. Because of Microsoft not producing the systems as fast as possible, I will hopefully find out today, whether I will get one at launch from the place I pre-ordered from, or have to wait till probably next year. I'm upset about it, but I'm not going to throw stuff all over the room because of it.

Last edited by dervack : 11-12-2005 at 11:21 AM.