Old 08-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #152
Bad-example
College Starter

Absolutely.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:42 AM   #153
Bad-example
College Starter

Are we planning to meet up again on saturday? I know Roadspike never did get his respec yet. We can do the Terra Volta respec again or perhaps try to do a task force.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:57 AM   #154
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd rather do a task force or do some AV missions. I had fun last night doing level 50+ missions with White Napalm and Project Virus. Also, with the impending changes in Issue 5, I don't think Napalm (or the other scrappers) will be as effective.

We could do this:

White Napalm-sk Ant
Professor Ion-sk DC
Project Virus

Wouldn't be a bad team; the difficulty would just need to be left on heroic/tenacious.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:37 PM   #155
Lorena
Unregistered

It'd be nice to have this kind of get together weekly if everyone's down. And I prefer Heroic thank you very much... Hellspirit has seen far too many deaths in her young 26 levels of life
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #156
Antmeister
Pro Starter

I see they are allowing you to pre order City of Villians. Now, according to the website, you will get beta access to the game. I am assuming that you will be able to play the beta immediately. Plus I am wondering if I am going to have to buy two version in order for me and Dodgerchick to try out. We don't even own the CD for City of Heroes. It was just a download. So my question is two fold. Will I need to purchase two pre orders to play and will I have beta access once I preorder it? An inquiring mind wants to know.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:16 PM   #157
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
I see they are allowing you to pre order City of Villians. Now, according to the website, you will get beta access to the game. I am assuming that you will be able to play the beta immediately. Plus I am wondering if I am going to have to buy two version in order for me and Dodgerchick to try out. We don't even own the CD for City of Heroes. It was just a download. So my question is two fold. Will I need to purchase two pre orders to play and will I have beta access once I preorder it? An inquiring mind wants to know.
Dunno. If I had to guess, you would have to buy two versions, since I'm guessing you had to buy two versions of CoH to play together. The best thing is to ask Statesman or CuppaJoe.

I'm not sure if I'll do this. I'm not big into betas (unless it's FOF, hint hint), and I haven't played the test Server much except for the Arenas issue.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:19 PM   #158
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Dunno. If I had to guess, you would have to buy two versions, since I'm guessing you had to buy two versions of CoH to play together. The best thing is to ask Statesman or CuppaJoe.

I'm not sure if I'll do this. I'm not big into betas (unless it's FOF, hint hint), and I haven't played the test Server much except for the Arenas issue.

Actually I didn't have to buys two versions. I only had to pay for two accounts. The software came free during that trial period. But yeah, I should ask Statesman or CuppaJoe. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #159
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Don't mind me...been drinking some beeeeeer
Old 08-10-2005, 07:22 PM   #160
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
I'd rather do a task force or do some AV missions. I had fun last night doing level 50+ missions with White Napalm and Project Virus. Also, with the impending changes in Issue 5, I don't think Napalm (or the other scrappers) will be as effective.

We could do this:

White Napalm-sk Ant
Professor Ion-sk DC
Project Virus

Wouldn't be a bad team; the difficulty would just need to be left on heroic/tenacious.

I am cool with playing the Professor and taking down some arch-villains, or can use Eternal Focus (28) or Gumbercules (26) in a task force.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #161
Bad-example
College Starter

What time shall we try for this saturday? I believe Raiders Army said something about possibly starting a bit later this week...?

Anyone have a clear preference between fighting level 50 arch-villains or doing a lower level task force?
Old 08-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #162
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

My wife and I still play all the time. Unfortunatly, my high level toon is on Protector. We have several on Victory, but the ones we are playing now are lvl 15/16, both scrappers. If you are doing something in the lower range like that tomorrow night, let me know.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:03 PM   #163
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Anyone have directions to Funkytown?
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:17 PM   #164
Raiders Army
Coordinator

We could always exemp down and do the Positron Task Force. I wouldn't mind doing it with Bubbles.

BTW, the Raiders play at 10 PM. I'll just turn on the TV and watch it while I'm playing...although my back is turned.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:44 PM   #165
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
We could always exemp down and do the Positron Task Force. I wouldn't mind doing it with Bubbles.

BTW, the Raiders play at 10 PM. I'll just turn on the TV and watch it while I'm playing...although my back is turned.

Do what I did...mount a mirror on the wall that lets you see the tv while on the computer.

Positron sounds good. That means everyone could join in the fun. Would we auto-exemp? I could play Professor Ion then

So...regular time then? 6 Pacific on Saturday?
Old 08-13-2005, 09:15 AM   #166
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Positron would be fun. I have only done the resepc task force, and failed it thanks to a crappy team. Look forward to actually FINISHING a task force for once.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 08-13-2005, 09:38 AM   #167
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Hmmm, after further review it looks like we have outleveled Positron. How about synapse? or you guys can do some higher level stuff and we can go next Saturday....whatever.

Old 08-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #168
Raiders Army
Coordinator

6 pacific, 9 EST synapse tonight?
Old 08-13-2005, 01:44 PM   #169
Lorena
Unregistered

Is Synapse level 15+? I'll bring my lvl 18 scrapper, Lori Swifthands and Ant will bring his lvl 17 energy/energy blaster, Manabolt.

6pm Pacific sounds cool. Cya'll there!!

Last edited by Lorena : 08-13-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:08 PM   #170
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Rufus Jackson and Living Sphinx for me and the wife. Looking forward to it.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:07 PM   #171
Bad-example
College Starter

The Task Force went very well, even with my constant lagging behind and generally whacked-out behavior...we made it through with ( I believe) zero deaths.

I was researching today on where to find vampires in Striga so I could get my Atlas Medallion. After looking around a bit I discovered that the Moonfire Task Force has bunches of both vampires and werewolves. Any interest in trying that one this saturday? I think the level range is something like 23-28 and takes 2.5-4 hours.

The Atlas Medallion is the easiest accolade to get that has a bonus: plus 5% endurance. Besides needing to kill the wolves and vamps, the only requirements are the Top Dog badge (exploration, easy), the Pupil badge (exploration, easy zones) and the Spelunker badge, from the Save the Fortue Teller mission, level 14-15 or so.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:11 AM   #172
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

The wife and I are halfway to level 22 (and SO's, yay!) so I think we should be there by then.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:24 AM   #173
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Dodgerchick and I are halfway to level 23, so we should be there as well.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:03 AM   #174
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sounds good to me, and I wouldn't mind starting about an hour earlier if that would be acceptable to everyone.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #175
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Sounds good to me, and I wouldn't mind starting about an hour earlier if that would be acceptable to everyone.

I don't have a problem with it. Hell, if you wanna make it 2, that's fine too. I don't want our leader falling asleep on the keyboard

Last edited by Lorena : 08-16-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:48 PM   #176
Bad-example
College Starter

Starting early is not a problem for me either.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:25 PM   #177
Lorena
Unregistered

Manabolt and Lori Swifthands have gotten their Pupil Badges... yay!! One of the plaques in Kings Row was on a building so it threw us off a little... but the others are fairly ez to find.

Here's a link on Wary Cry: ATLAS MEDALLION

Last edited by Lorena : 08-16-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:34 PM   #178
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
I don't have a problem with it. Hell, if you wanna make it 2, that's fine too. I don't want our leader falling asleep on the keyboard
Uhhh....thanks, but I'm no leader. I think we're more of a team.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:35 PM   #179
Raiders Army
Coordinator

BTW, if any of you need help with the Pupil Badge, just let me know, I can bring on my tp'er and get you it easy...I think I can do this in my sleep at this point. Heh heh.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:13 PM   #180
Bad-example
College Starter

So did we want to start at 5pm pacific on Saturday? 4pm?
Old 08-19-2005, 04:15 PM   #181
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example
So did we want to start at 5pm pacific on Saturday? 4pm?

I thought we were going to start a little earlier (around 1 p.m. Pacific) so that RaidersArmy could get his beauty sleep or something like that.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:40 PM   #182
Raiders Army
Coordinator

LOL. Just tell me when. 5 PM pacific is good for me. That's 8 PM EST, no?
Old 08-19-2005, 07:42 PM   #183
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

8pm works for me. What is the optimum level to be at? The wife and I should hit 23 easily this eveing in Striga...if we can beat The Maestro.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:37 PM   #184
Bad-example
College Starter

I don't know the level requirements for certain in the Moonfire TF, but I read somewhere it was 23-28. We have at least 3 level 26 characters that could exemp or sk as needed. I think as long as everyone is at least 23 we should be fine.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #185
Bad-example
College Starter

dola

http://cityofheroes.gameamp.com/coh/...skForces/7.php has info on the Moonfire task force. 23-28 was correct. Looks like fun. The Council are fun to pound on.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:50 PM   #186
Lorena
Unregistered

Ahh nice, we get an SO after this mish

Last edited by Lorena : 08-20-2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:43 PM   #187
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Eating right now. I'll be on in 15.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:48 PM   #188
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Anything planned for this Saturday?

Old 08-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #189
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Same thing as usual? There are two TFs in our level range (about 23-28)

Sister Psyche in IP (level 20-26)
Bastion in Talos (level 25-31) and I think this name has changed as well...it's the dude by the train in Talos
Respec Trial

Bastion might be a good one, but Marm and his wife would have to get to level 25 by Sat. We could always exemp down for Sister Psyche as well. Marm and his wife could try to get to level 24 and we could run the respec again...that's a quickie.

Thoughts?
Old 08-22-2005, 03:10 PM   #190
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I think we are lvl 24 now, but could be 23. Can't quite remember. If 24, we can get to 25 by then I would think. If 23, it might be a little tough since we are moving this week and our play is somewhat limited.

I'll check in later tonight when I am sure what levels we are.

Also, does anyone have any toons on Protector?

Old 08-22-2005, 03:11 PM   #191
Antmeister
Pro Starter

I down with any of the ones you described. I have only done the Talos one with Mystikhan (level 37), but I haven't done them with my other toons at all. Either way, I have a toon for any of those.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:48 PM   #192
Bad-example
College Starter

The one is Talos is the Citadel task force.

Either one is fine by me. http://cityofheroes.gameamp.com/coh/viewTaskForces has an overview of the task forces.

Was 5 pm pacific a better time for everyone?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:06 AM   #193
Lorena
Unregistered

Either one is fine: Hellspirit and Angel Azul are both lvl 27 and Lori Swifthands is lvl 23.

5pm sounds good BE
Old 08-24-2005, 08:48 AM   #194
Lorena
Unregistered

Would you guys mind if a friend of ours joins us this Saturday? I've gotten 1 yes but wanted to make sure it was okay with all of you before I ask him. His name is Obsidian Nimbus, lvl 25ish defender (non-empath).

Thx.

Last edited by Lorena : 08-24-2005 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:06 AM   #195
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm good with anything
Old 08-24-2005, 01:32 PM   #196
Bad-example
College Starter

I am ok with your friend joining in.

Gumbercules is 28 now and Eternal Focus is 33.

I also have 3 new guys, all scrappers of course:

Jade Gambit - Dark Melee/Super Reflexes
Restless Knight - Broadsword/Regen
Funion Factor - Dark Melee/Dark Armor

All 3 are level 5.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #197
Raiders Army
Coordinator

FTR, I'll be gone next weekend, so no Saturday gaming for me. We're going to Boston and then up to Vermont to see Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory/Plant/Whatever.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:56 PM   #198
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I'd say there is only a 50/50 chance that the wife and I will be able to play this Saturday. We are still a couple bubbles short of 25, plus we are scheduled to be moving Thursday/Friday. Not sure if we will have much time on Saturday to play or not.

Old 08-24-2005, 02:43 PM   #199
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel
I'd say there is only a 50/50 chance that the wife and I will be able to play this Saturday. We are still a couple bubbles short of 25, plus we are scheduled to be moving Thursday/Friday. Not sure if we will have much time on Saturday to play or not.
Awwww....there's always time to play!

Anyhow, good luck with your move!
Old 08-24-2005, 07:16 PM   #200
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel

Good luck with the move