Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-28-2005, 01:36 PM   #151
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Too many friggin dropped passes for my taste.. that after a stellar version 2004.

Really, everything I've read says they've addressed it. There are still dropped passes, but nowhere near the frequency of last year. If that's the case, I'll be happy.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:36 PM   #152
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
This is the only console game that I still get "weird" about near the release.

I used to get "wired," but now I get "weird" too!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:44 PM   #153
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Really, everything I've read says they've addressed it. There are still dropped passes, but nowhere near the frequency of last year. If that's the case, I'll be happy.
Yes, I've been reading the impressions and so far they are sounding good... I honestly can't remember when impressions of any EA game are bad.

Seems like these impressions are strategically placed by EA.

I've read they have a fictional names creator in the game as well.. which is something I wanted to see this year in NCAA football. (as long as I can name MY Tigers players, I'm happy - I just hate the other teams having #22, #44, etc).

As usual, I'm getting closer to getting this one via dvdplanet for $35. If it stinks, I should get that at EB games on a trade in towards something else.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-28-2005 at 01:44 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:15 PM   #154
jbmagic
Pro Starter

NCAA available on the pc now? i hope so.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:20 PM   #155
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
NCAA available on the pc now? i hope so.

No sir, just XBOX and PS2.
how do you know?

Old 06-28-2005, 03:30 PM   #156
Kodos
Resident Alien

http://previews.operationsports.com/...ncaafb2006xbox

A Q&A thread from Operation Sports.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:51 PM   #157
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

What is the release date for both games?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:39 PM   #158
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
What is the release date for both games?

July 12, July 12, July 12. That's the only firm release date you're going to get. Of course, people are still saying that stores are getting shipments as early as today, but unless you get an unscrupulous or ignorant retailer to crack open their cases, you're probably not going to get it before July 11.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm also wired for this game. This is the only console game that I get consistently wired about. Every impression I've read has me excited about the game. Dropped passes sound like they are fixed. The main criticism I've heard is that the long ball is a bit too easy, but I don't mind that because I discipline myself not to overuse it, and I like the challenge of defending it.

As far as release date, I wish we had a Sam Goody's nearby. The closest one is 45-60 minutes from where I live. Although I'm excited to get this game, I'm not sure I'll drive that anytime soon.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 06:04 PM   #160
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'm also wired for this game. This is the only console game that I get consistently wired about. Every impression I've read has me excited about the game. Dropped passes sound like they are fixed. The main criticism I've heard is that the long ball is a bit too easy, but I don't mind that because I discipline myself not to overuse it, and I like the challenge of defending it.

As far as release date, I wish we had a Sam Goody's nearby. The closest one is 45-60 minutes from where I live. Although I'm excited to get this game, I'm not sure I'll drive that anytime soon.

Where's the Sam Goody's? Hell, I'll make that drive. I'd even pick up a copy for you if they had two tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:06 PM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Where's the Sam Goody's? Hell, I'll make that drive. I'd even pick up a copy for you if they had two tomorrow.

According to their website, there is one over on the West Bank. There is also one in Houma and one in Baton Rouge (again according to their website.)
Old 06-28-2005, 06:08 PM   #162
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm gonna start calling them in 10 minutes just to see if any of them have it. I doubt I'll drive to Baton Rouge, but Houma is a possibility. I've never been to Houma before!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:09 PM   #163
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm gonna start calling them in 10 minutes just to see if any of them have it. I doubt I'll drive to Baton Rouge, but Houma is a possibility. I've never been to Houma before!

Me neither. I could still be tempted to make the drive if my call isn't too bad tonight. Let me know if any of them have it

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-28-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:29 PM   #164
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

: Waiting patiently:
Old 06-28-2005, 06:36 PM   #165
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
This is the only console game that I still get "weird" about near the release.
This is the only year that I really get hyped about every year. Dont know why but it could go back to the hype of it from years back.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:41 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Reading Operationsports' impressions has me more excited. Rice's QB goes 5 of 22 while Leake tore him up 21 of 29 for 334 yards
Old 06-28-2005, 08:32 PM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Any good news from any of the stores, Pumpy?
Old 06-28-2005, 08:50 PM   #168
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Any good news from any of the stores, Pumpy?

The West Bank store claims that they'll have it tomorrow. The Houma store says July 12. I didn't even call the Baton Rouge store. I'll call the place in Gretna tomorrow to see if they were right (I'm not expecting good news).
Old 06-28-2005, 09:00 PM   #169
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A guy who the moderators seem to accept as reliable on maddenmania said he got it from Sam Goody today after slipping the clerk a 20. The clerk was trying to tell him they can't release it til the 12th because of the street date. Shrug. Usually, the moderators jump all over a guy that claims that without pics or some proof.

I want this game ASAP, but I don't think it is worth an extra 20 dollars to have it 2 weeks early.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:05 PM   #170
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
A guy who the moderators seem to accept as reliable on maddenmania said he got it from Sam Goody today after slipping the clerk a 20. The clerk was trying to tell him they can't release it til the 12th because of the street date. Shrug. Usually, the moderators jump all over a guy that claims that without pics or some proof.

I want this game ASAP, but I don't think it is worth an extra 20 dollars to have it 2 weeks early.

No, it's not worth an extra $20 to me at all. It's not like I'd never get to play the game. I'd just have to wait up to two weeks. Really, it seems fairly likely that the game will be released next week instead of the following week, so it could be sooner than everyone's saying. Still, I'd rather wait two weeks and just play other games and do other things (like packing junk for my move to Pennsylvania) than pay $70 for a $50 video game.

Now, if somebody at Sam Goody decides to just sell it to me tomorrow at $50, that's another story.

Also, if by some miracle they do have it on the shelves tomorrow, I will get two copies and bring one to you, EF27. We New Orleanians (even the transplanted ones and the soon-to-be-leaving ones) need to stick together!
Old 06-28-2005, 09:10 PM   #171
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, it's not worth an extra $20 to me at all. It's not like I'd never get to play the game. I'd just have to wait up to two weeks. Really, it seems fairly likely that the game will be released next week instead of the following week, so it could be sooner than everyone's saying. Still, I'd rather wait two weeks and just play other games and do other things (like packing junk for my move to Pennsylvania) than pay $70 for a $50 video game.

Now, if somebody at Sam Goody decides to just sell it to me tomorrow at $50, that's another story.

Also, if by some miracle they do have it on the shelves tomorrow, I will get two copies and bring one to you, EF27. We New Orleanians (even the transplanted ones and the soon-to-be-leaving ones) need to stick together!

Thank you! (even if it doesn't work out) I'll gladly meet you wherever it is convenient if you are able to pick up 2 copies
Old 06-28-2005, 09:44 PM   #172
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Hmmm...easports.com is back to "pre-release". I wonder why the heck EA would ship out copies two weeks beforehand? Isn't that just ASKING for shady things to go on? If they really want the game to be released on the 12th, why the heck would they send out early copies?!

Only thing I can think is that these few early copies create such a buzz that it makes the launch of the game bigger. Are they that confident with the game that they think a few wayward copies with create this? Or, are they just as pissed that these early copies are getting out there?
how do you know?

Old 06-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #173
General Mike
Pro Starter

I preordered it last night. EA turned me to the Dark Side of the Force.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 10:23 PM   #174
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Hmmm...easports.com is back to "pre-release". I wonder why the heck EA would ship out copies two weeks beforehand? Isn't that just ASKING for shady things to go on? If they really want the game to be released on the 12th, why the heck would they send out early copies?!

Only thing I can think is that these few early copies create such a buzz that it makes the launch of the game bigger. Are they that confident with the game that they think a few wayward copies with create this? Or, are they just as pissed that these early copies are getting out there?
Two reasons.

1. So as to not risk some of the higher retailers on losing out on their shipments for whatever reason. Like a Best Buy not getting theirs, but one all the way on the other side of the country getting double.

2. In the hopes that someone does break the street date so they can release it everywhere "due to popular demand", or to inflate their own ego. Call it the Nintendo syndrome. We'll produce a limited number of copies to show how fast we can sell something to get retailers to double their orders for the next game we come out with.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:13 PM   #175
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I ordered mine from DVD planet. I can wait..........
Old 06-29-2005, 04:56 AM   #176
Emiliano
College Prospect

Guys: is this DVDplanet reliable? I mean, 35$ is a pretty good deal. I'd really want to pre-order the game this year, and my usual on-line stores (Tronix and CD Universe) still don't have it on pre-order.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:47 AM   #177
Bee
Pro Starter

DVDplanet is a pretty big online retailer. I've never bought from them, but I know plenty of people who have and have never heard of anything shady. My father-in-law buys dvds from them all the time.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:29 AM   #178
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano
Guys: is this DVDplanet reliable? I mean, 35$ is a pretty good deal. I'd really want to pre-order the game this year, and my usual on-line stores (Tronix and CD Universe) still don't have it on pre-order.

From what I've read, DVD Planet is just fine. If it wasn't $35, which includes shipping, I would have waited until after it was out..
Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 AM   #179
Emiliano
College Prospect

Great, thanks. I think I'm going to pre-order from them.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:21 AM   #180
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I jsut called my local EB Games where I have it pre-ordered from and tha' dude tells me it comes out on the 13th. Bastages...
Old 06-29-2005, 11:46 AM   #181
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Any word on the guy who got it early by slipping the salesman at Sam Goody's a $20? Perhaps we can Google map his house and make him an offer he can't refuse
how do you know?

Old 06-29-2005, 03:30 PM   #182
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Any updates?
Old 06-29-2005, 03:56 PM   #183
korme
Go Reds

This operationsports preview Q and A is an awful read. Is this guy serious?

Hey Steve, Thanks for impressions man...About FSU he...he...Whose the Field General...is it Sexton or is he suspended lol are our Noles BAD this year and can you run reverses?

Anyways, I'm not that hyped this year but I'll probably pick it up.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:00 PM   #184
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

The moderators (cmq and TrickyD) at hxxp://www.utopiafootball.com/forums have advanced copies of the game (directly from EA Sports PR office) and are answering questions on it. It is a much better NCAA site than the wh*res at OS.
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:08 PM   #185
korme
Go Reds

Damn, the graphics for NBA Live 06 look pretty good (this coming from a NBA2kx fan for the past 4/5 years)

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:26 PM   #186
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm planning on taking a bunch of games to gamestop tomorrow, trading them in and pre-ording NCAA 2006 as well as buying Romance of the three Kingdoms X. Usually I'm not the kind to get rid of my old games, but 10 bucks apiece for the original Onimusha, Zone of the Enders, Rayman 2, the first Max Payne, and Grand Turismo 3 is too much to pass up. I haven't touched any of them in about 2-3 years anyway, so what the heck am I out?

For Romance X I plan on trading in Halo 2, and Resident Evil 1 for the Gamecube and paying the difference. I just don't play games like I used to and see no reason in keeping around old console games I don't even play anymore when I could easily trade them in, get a little money for them and buy some games that I will play.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:17 PM   #187
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I am 98% sure that this will be fruitless, but I am on my way to Sam Goody to see if they have NCAA 06. I would call them, but I have a feeling that I might not get the real story. I'll just walk in, look at the games section, and walk out if they don't have it.

I'll report in 60-90 minutes.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:17 PM   #188
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm warning you man, Rot3K X isn't much better than IX and IX was a steaming SOC.

VII and VIII are still the best two in the series.

By the way, I'm really looking forward to NCAA 06 myself. The Race to the Heisman mode has me drooling.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:18 PM   #189
Izulde
Head Coach

dola,

Should I go check the Gamestop at the mall and see if A) they have it and B) if the manager who <3's me will give it to me early?

Old 06-29-2005, 07:24 PM   #190
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am 98% sure that this will be fruitless, but I am on my way to Sam Goody to see if they have NCAA 06. I would call them, but I have a feeling that I might not get the real story. I'll just walk in, look at the games section, and walk out if they don't have it.

I'll report in 60-90 minutes.

I wish you great luck on your mission!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:42 PM   #191
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth
The moderators (cmq and TrickyD) at hxxp://www.utopiafootball.com/forums have advanced copies of the game (directly from EA Sports PR office) and are answering questions on it. It is a much better NCAA site than the wh*res at OS.

Yeah, Utopia is damn good.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:45 PM   #192
Izulde
Head Coach

Well, I went to Gamestop and it was no go. The manager said "I'd like to sell it to you early but no. We can't break street date. Sorry."

Old 06-29-2005, 08:46 PM   #193
maximus
Banned

Has EA ever mentioned or commented on their "new football management sim"?
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #194
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Well, I went to Gamestop and it was no go. The manager said "I'd like to sell it to you early but no. We can't break street date. Sorry."

should of slip him a $20 dollars bill
Old 06-29-2005, 09:12 PM   #195
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I didn't talk to anybody at Sam Goody, but I'll be surprised if they get the game in at all. They were still pushing NCAA Football 2003 (yes, the one with Joey Harrington on the cover) for $29.99. Anyway, I didn't come home with a game tonight.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:15 PM   #196
jbmagic
Pro Starter

check target..

i know they usually get them early in the stock room.

if you ask someone that looks brand new. you might have a chance. just tell them to go look in the stock room.

you got nothing to lose
Old 06-29-2005, 09:40 PM   #197
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I didn't talk to anybody at Sam Goody, but I'll be surprised if they get the game in at all. They were still pushing NCAA Football 2003 (yes, the one with Joey Harrington on the cover) for $29.99. Anyway, I didn't come home with a game tonight.

Yuck

Sorry it was a wasted trip.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:41 PM   #198
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I still think this game is going to release early as many signs point that way. I just think it is going to be sometime next week, now.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:47 PM   #199
RailsFS
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Damn, the graphics for NBA Live 06 look pretty good (this coming from a NBA2kx fan for the past 4/5 years)

.......showed great acting range in Land of the Dead
RailsFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 02:59 AM   #200
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
I still think this game is going to release early as many signs point that way. I just think it is going to be sometime next week, now.
Probably gonna be July 5th.