Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #151
Anthony
Banned

i love this game. i had taken a while off of the CM series so it's taking a little bit to get used to the different (and much improved) interface. FM/WWSM is a great game, thanks to SI for making it easy to purchase in the US.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:52 AM   #152
Desnudo
Coordinator

Very cool thread about gettting Freddy Guarin and the Columbian U-20 team interested in FM. And apparently Boca has signed Guarin.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/ubb...1/m/8672014131

Last edited by Desnudo : 05-27-2005 at 03:54 AM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 04:44 AM   #153
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

This is my favourite thread on the FM boards at the moment ...

http://community.sigames.com/eve/ubb...3452039131/p/1

Its about a dad playing FM with his young son
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:41 PM   #154
Galaxy
Coordinator

A few questions:

1) How do teams go from semi-pro to professional? What is the difference and impact of the two status?

2) What do chairmans look for in hiring managers? And when do you "start" to get looks, is their a way to tell outside of being rumored? I took Cambridge City through the conference leagues through my first two seasons with two promotions. I am guessing my skills and record should get some chairmans interested?

3) How smart is the AI managers in buying players? Do they find players that actually fit the system? I always been curious in how computer teams "pick their players".

4) Is Spain the "deepest" country in the world in terms of the depth? Seems like the bottom teams are well-off financially and have talented, high-value players. Spain's top league seems to be the toughest, and most financially wealthy, top-to-bottom in the world. I though Spain was a medicore "wealthy" nation.

5) Do your ratings (you skill ratings, not the ratings you can see) as a manager change? What makes them go up and go down?

6) Do chairmans ever change? If so, do they bring a new style of managing and hiring?

And off-FM question, who owns the Spanish clubs? Who owns Real Madrid and Barcelona? Are Italian teams "privately" owned?

Last edited by Galaxy : 05-27-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 04:36 AM   #155
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
A few questions:

1) How do teams go from semi-pro to professional? What is the difference and impact of the two status?

Not sure it is possible in the game, the biggest difference would be possible wages.

Quote:
2) What do chairmans look for in hiring managers? And when do you "start" to get looks, is their a way to tell outside of being rumored? I took Cambridge City through the conference leagues through my first two seasons with two promotions. I am guessing my skills and record should get some chairmans interested?

Quote:
3) How smart is the AI managers in buying players? Do they find players that actually fit the system? I always been curious in how computer teams "pick their players".

Reputation, Potential Ability, Current Ability are used that's for sure, but don't know anything more.

Quote:
4) Is Spain the "deepest" country in the world in terms of the depth? Seems like the bottom teams are well-off financially and have talented, high-value players. Spain's top league seems to be the toughest, and most financially wealthy, top-to-bottom in the world. I though Spain was a medicore "wealthy" nation.

Soccer is a religion in spain, the Liga being (in my opinion) the best league in the world.

Quote:
5) Do your ratings (you skill ratings, not the ratings you can see) as a manager change? What makes them go up and go down?

Don't know, maybe not, apart from reputation it's useless anyway.

Quote:
6) Do chairmans ever change? If so, do they bring a new style of managing and hiring?

Never seen it.

Quote:
And off-FM question, who owns the Spanish clubs? Who owns Real Madrid and Barcelona? Are Italian teams "privately" owned?

Real and Barcelona are owned by the "socios" (fans) same goes with most spanish clubs.
Don't know what you mean by pivately owned, but some italian clubs have private owners (Berlusconi/AC Milan, The Agnelli family=Fiat/Juventus) while sometimes being PLC as well (e.g : Lazio).
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 04:46 AM   #156
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
A few questions:

It's based on club reputation, so winning and signing well known players.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote