Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2005, 07:08 PM   #151
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Kelly Holcomb has signed a 4 year $6.6 million deal with a $2 mil signing bonus to the Buffalo Bills.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:50 PM   #152
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
does this mean the dilfer to the browns talks heat up?
It means that Browns season ticket sales don't.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:50 PM   #153
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser
jennings signed with SF for a similar deal, didnt he? same with whichever packer went to carolina.

that was wahle, and he's a guard.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:51 PM   #154
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Kelly Holcomb has signed a 4 year $6.6 million deal with a $2 mil signing bonus to the Buffalo Bills.

does this mean the dilfer to the browns talks heat up?
Old 03-04-2005, 08:00 PM   #155
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

The Browns have signed CB Gary Baxter to a 6 year deal. Terms not disclosed but it is reported he is getting close to a $15 million signing bonus

With the signing bonuses Henry, Lucas, and now Baxter have gotten, Samari Rolle and Ty Law are going to get paid a hell of a lot.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:12 PM   #156
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Who in the hell is Gary Baxter? Didn't he play power forward for one of the Terps' Final Four teams?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:18 PM   #157
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The Browns have signed CB Gary Baxter to a 6 year deal. Terms not disclosed but it is reported he is getting close to a $15 million signing bonus

With the signing bonuses Henry, Lucas, and now Baxter have gotten, Samari Rolle and Ty Law are going to get paid a hell of a lot.

ESPN says 6 years 30 mil 10.5 mil bonus. Which isn't too bad and I trust that Savage knows what kind of player Baxter is considering that he helped draft him.

I have a feeling that Law and Rolle are going to find out that the money won't be there when they do sign.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:28 PM   #158
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Hmmm, the Cowboys still have $11 mil under the cap....

Not surprising. They had a ton of cap room even before they cut Dexter Coakley and Marcellus Wiley.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:28 PM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser
Trotter sticks with Eagles:

The seven-year veteran will sign a five-year contract worth $15 million and including a signing bonus of $4 million.

I'm very happy that the Eagles signed him at this price range. He was a key factor in the run defense last year, and I think the Philly environment will keep him motivated.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:42 PM   #160
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'm very happy that the Eagles signed him at this price range. He was a key factor in the run defense last year, and I think the Philly environment will keep him motivated.

Hah. Until he's in a contract year, don't expect him to be too motivated.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #161
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Who in the hell is Gary Baxter? Didn't he play power forward for one of the Terps' Final Four teams?

Lonnie Baxter.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #162
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Lonnie Baxter.

Next time I'll include the sarcasm tags for you.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:15 PM   #163
amdaily
College Prospect

Quote:

Apparently turned down 4 years at $8 million plus the starting job with Cleveland.

As a Cleveland fan, thank goodness
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:06 PM   #164
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Bills also added Chicago Bears offensive linemen (to be a tackle) Wayne Gandy.

The Bills are about $500k in cap space left. Will they be able to spend for the draft picks? Also, will they get more room next year with the release of Bledsoe, with Jennings and Williams gone. Henry will be traded too.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #165
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Yeah, the Holcomb deal is puzzling. He was offered more money up front and in total for the same amount of years AND the starting job, and turned it down. Really puzzling decision by him actually. It's not that bad in Cleveland is it, with Romeo and Savage on board?

I am also in agreement that if Rolle and Law don't sign soon, the money is going to start drying up for them.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:15 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Hah. Until he's in a contract year, don't expect him to be too motivated.

I think the winning atmosphere and pressure from veterans will keep him in line in Philly. Least I hope so.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:26 PM   #167
amdaily
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez
Yeah, the Holcomb deal is puzzling. He was offered more money up front and in total for the same amount of years AND the starting job, and turned it down. Really puzzling decision by him actually. It's not that bad in Cleveland is it, with Romeo and Savage on board?

I am also in agreement that if Rolle and Law don't sign soon, the money is going to start drying up for them.

From the interview he gave with the local media he was mad about the Browns wanting to take a negotiation hiatus till next week. *Deep Southern Tennessee accent* That's not the type of thing you're supposed to do *off*

Not like the backup FA market was going to dry up anytime soon...
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:43 AM   #168
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I am glad he won't be back. The Browns won't do much next year and I would rather them go with McCown or Josh Harris rather than tie that much money up with Holcomb
Old 03-05-2005, 01:25 AM   #169
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdaily
From the interview he gave with the local media he was mad about the Browns wanting to take a negotiation hiatus till next week. *Deep Southern Tennessee accent* That's not the type of thing you're supposed to do *off*

Not like the backup FA market was going to dry up anytime soon...

Now it's even more puzzling. He's a moron. He just set what's left of his career back to the permanent backup QB role. I seriously don't get it.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:02 AM   #170
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
I am glad he won't be back. The Browns won't do much next year and I would rather them go with McCown or Josh Harris rather than tie that much money up with Holcomb

I agree.... if your goal is to acquire the #1 pick in 2006.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:13 AM   #171
Danny
Head Coach

I think Kelly Holcomb could have been a solid starter for the Browns. He's played decent on the whole and good in stretches when healthy.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:29 AM   #172
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
that was wahle, and he's a guard.

he WAS a guard. carolina is playing him at tackle.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:41 AM   #173
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
ESPN says 6 years 30 mil 10.5 mil bonus.

Okay, $10.5 ain't that bad. It would have been horrible had it been $15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Bills also added Chicago Bears offensive linemen (to be a tackle) Wayne Gandy.

Actually they added Mike Gandy, an oft injured guard. Wayne Gandy still plays for the Saints.

The Cardinals signed OT Oliver Ross (Pittsburgh) for 5 years $17.5 million.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:47 AM   #174
Thomkal
Head Coach

well I guess the Cards signing heats up those Shelton/Travis Henry deal with the Bills, which last I heard hadn't gone through
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #175
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

One of the great joys of traveling interstate in my small business is that I get to check out the local sports talk shows and contrast them. In Wisconsin on Thursday night I hear the locals talking about Dallas' signing of M. Rivera for $10 million signing bonus as the 'mark of a desperate team. His knees will never hold up." The next day around Detroit I hear "Lions better sign someone after having lost out on Rivera." Actually pretty funny.
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:42 AM   #176
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Wheels
One of the great joys of traveling interstate in my small business is that I get to check out the local sports talk shows and contrast them. In Wisconsin on Thursday night I hear the locals talking about Dallas' signing of M. Rivera for $10 million signing bonus as the 'mark of a desperate team. His knees will never hold up." The next day around Detroit I hear "Lions better sign someone after having lost out on Rivera." Actually pretty funny.

Detroit fans and the media are going nuts about the Lions lack of movement in free agnecy. If they don't sign someone quick I think there will be a riot. The Lions do need another guard though. They're in all likelihood going to lose McDougle and go with Butler or Rogers at right tackle. Going with an inexperienced guard as well could be rough.

I also find it interesting how the Lions were pretty much universally basehd for giving Damien Woody such a big contract last year. Every one mocked them claiming "you don't pay guards that kind of money." The contracts being thrown around to the top guards this year are pretty similar. It's looking like the Lions didn't get such a bad deal as Woody is pretty good, relatively healthy, and young.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:22 PM   #177
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Lonnie Baxter.

Lonny Baxter.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #178
Pyser
Pro Rookie

The Giants remain interested in receiver Plaxico Burress, but nothing is imminent with him. Reports have circulated that the Giants made a preliminary offer to Burress that averaged less than $4 million per season with a bonus of less than $5 million. Burress is seeking much more.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:38 PM   #179
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Lonny Baxter.

Lawrence Baxter?
Old 03-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #180
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Okay, $10.5 ain't that bad. It would have been horrible had it been $15.

Actually they added Mike Gandy, an oft injured guard. Wayne Gandy still plays for the Saints.

The Cardinals signed OT Oliver Ross (Pittsburgh) for 5 years $17.5 million.

Thnaks for the correction. The Bills are looking to play him at tackle. Thoughts on him?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #181
bhlloy
Coordinator

A lot of O-Linemen getting silly money... media are jumping all over the 49ers for spending that much on Jennings and McKenzie and Rivera's deals aren't much better.

Most years a couple of horrible, horrible moves.

But.. who else are you going to go after? Barron or Brown in the draft will start right away with a chance to be good/great. There are gonna be a lot of low round guys starting on NFL lines this season. However, looking at how well Olivea and Hardwick plugged into the Chargers line this year, maybe that's not a bad thing. Finding an interior lineman in the mid/late rounds is going to be huge.

On the whole, the franchise tag has killed FA this year. A lot of agents have got to be very happy because a lot of marginal players are getting star money. Jennings, McKenzie and Anthony Henry must be laughing all the way to the bank.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:51 PM   #182
jbmagic
Pro Starter

march 5, 2005

Redskins wide receiver Laveranues Coles will return to the Jets, the team with which he started his NFL career. The Redskins will receive Santana Moss, a former first-round draft pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2005788
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:08 PM   #183
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Lawrence Baxter?

Lawrence Taylor.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #184
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Lawrence Taylor.

Quit post whoring.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:44 PM   #185
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Thnaks for the correction. The Bills are looking to play him at tackle. Thoughts on him?

Don't know much about him. He started off last season playing in Carolina, got injured, got released. The Bears pick him up, he got injured, got released. So I guess teams see something in him, it's just that he needs to stay on the field.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:54 PM   #186
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Vonnie Holliday has signed a 2 year deal with the Dolphins.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:09 PM   #187
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Quit post whoring.

Leroy Hoard?
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 05:34 PM   #188
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

From KFFL,

Jay Glazer, of FoxSports.com, reports the Cleveland Browns and Seattle Seahawks have agreed in principle on a deal that will send Seahawks QB Trent Dilfer to the Browns in exchange for what is believed to be a fourth- or fifth-round pick in the 2005 NFL Draft. It is also believed the Browns will attempt to re-work Dilfer's current contract.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:51 PM   #189
Swaggs
Coordinator

At the risk of jinxing myself, I love having the Browns and Bengals in our division.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 05:59 PM   #190
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I'm happy that Dilfer appears to be getting a starting job again. I'll love it when he beats the Ravens.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #191
Ragone
Pro Rookie

hah Good luck with Vonnie"taking a"Holliday Miami
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:54 AM   #192
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Dave, its against FOFC code to have Jim Rome in your signature.

Sincerely,
Mgmt.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #193
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Saints sign T Jermane Mayberry (Eagles) to a 4 year deal.

Falcons sign K Todd Peterson to a 1 year deal and will resign Allen Rossum.

Jason Whitlock is reporting that Kendrell Bell failed his physical with the Giants last week.

Mel Kiper has his latest Mock draft up.

11. Dallas Cowboys: Shawne Merriman (jr.), DE/OLB, Maryland
A workout warrior with incredible physical skills, Merriman would be an ideal end/linebacker combo in a 3-4 scheme. He fits the mold of Patriots linebacker Willie McGinest, who was the first draft pick of Cowboys coach Bill Parcells when Parcells began his tenure in New England.

20. Dallas Cowboys (from BUF): Roddy White, WR, UAB
Averaged 20 yards per catch during his senior season and was very good at both the Senior Bowl and the combine. The acquisition of quarterback Drew Bledsoe means the Cowboys will have to find him some help in the passing game.

Not too sure about Roddy White but I did see him play against Hawaii and he was catching everything thrown his way.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:57 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

As an Eagles fan, I'm sad to see Jermaine go. However, since the Saints are my adopted team and second favorite team, I'm glad to see him come here.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:14 PM   #195
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Not too sure about Roddy White but I did see him play against Hawaii and he was catching everything thrown his way.

Agreed. He's a good player, but I don't think the Cowboys will take him. If they take a WR, which they may very well do, I think it'll either be that speedster Williamson or Mark Clayton.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #196
stevew
Hall Of Famer

[quote=TazFTW]

Jason Whitlock is reporting that Kendrell Bell failed his physical with the Giants last week.

Mel Kiper has his latest Mock draft up.

[quote]

I was hoping that Bell would at least get a half decent deal from someone so the steelers could get a compensatory pick for him.

Also, it would be great if you could post all of Kipers mock for those without insider
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #197
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I'm happy that Dilfer appears to be getting a starting job again. I'll love it when he beats the Ravens.

Yep... that'll amuse me to no end .
Old 03-06-2005, 06:41 PM   #198
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Also, it would be great if you could post all of Kipers mock for those without insider

Okey-dokey.

Quote:
1. San Francisco 49ers: Alex Smith (jr.), QB, Utah
A smart player who will pick up an NFL system quickly, Smith has good size, is mobile enough to hurt teams with his running ability and is also an efficient passer who can make all the necessary throws. The Niners likely won't get a good enough deal to move down because there is not a particular player creating a buzz as the surefire No. 1 prospect, but getting Smith would be a good start toward revamping a struggling offense.

2. Miami Dolphins: Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn
Brown is the top running back available after his outstanding combine workout. He showed impressive speed for a 230-pounder, he can catch the ball out of the backfield and also has excellent instincts and quickness, something new Dolphins coach Nick Saban knows all about having coached against Brown in the SEC while at LSU.

3. Cleveland Browns: Aaron Rodgers (jr.), QB, California
Rodgers is a smart, accurate passer with a quick release. His arm strength is adequate and he put height questions to rest at the combine. Rodgers is a better prospect at this point in his career than former Cal QB Kyle Boller, now the starter for the Baltimore Ravens.

4. Chicago Bears: Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
The Bears addressed their need for a big-time wideout with the free agent signing of Muhsin Muhammad and Benson would give quarterback Rex Grossman two topflight weapons to help out on offense. Benson is a tough, productive runner who can go the distance and always showed up in his team's biggest games.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Carnell Williams, RB, Auburn
A creative, deceptive runner with tremendous natural skills. Williams can get tough yards inside despite lacking ideal size, a point illustrated by his 29 rushing TDs over the last two years, and Tampa coach Jon Gruden is very familiar with him after coaching Williams in the Senior Bowl.

6. Tennessee Titans: Adam Jones (jr.), CB, West Virginia
A good cover man who will also contribute as a kick returner, Jones has very good closing speed and is a willing tackler in run support. That may be his most important quality with the NFL hurting pass defenses by focusing on downfield infractions by defensive backs. Jones also fills a major need after hits in free agency.

7. Minnesota Vikings (from OAK): Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
Edwards' size, strength, speed and overall athleticism would go a long way toward filling the void left by the trade of Randy Moss, which is how the Vikings acquired the selection in the first place. Minnesota also has needs on defense but can address them later in the first round.

8. Arizona Cardinals: Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas
The best pure linebacker in the draft, Johnson has sideline-to-sideline speed and is always around the ball. His consistency would be welcome on a defense looking for playmakers.

9. Washington Redskins: Mike Williams (jr.), WR, USC
Williams has the size and strength to dominate corners with his 6-foot-5, 230-pound frame. He must answer questions about his speed, but beyond that his hands, body control and natural receiving skills make him a very attractive package for a team that needs to help quarterback Patrick Ramsey.

10. Detroit Lions: Dan Cody, DE, Oklahoma
The Lions need their front seven to get more pressure on the quarterback and Cody would help with his fiery attitude and relentless motor. He stepped up in big games and was one of the most consistent performers on a defense full of stars.

11. Dallas Cowboys: Shawne Merriman (jr.), DE/OLB, Maryland
A workout warrior with incredible physical skills, Merriman would be an ideal end/linebacker combo in a 3-4 scheme. He fits the mold of Patriots linebacker Willie McGinest, who was the first draft pick of Cowboys coach Bill Parcells when Parcells began his tenure in New England.

12. San Diego Chargers: Marcus Spears, DE, LSU
The Chargers need more playmakers on the front seven and Spears would be a good option for providing pressure along the defensive front. He boosted his stock immensely with a great week of work at the Senior Bowl.

13. Houston Texans: Alex Barron, OT, Florida State
Texans quarterback David Carr is improving but needs more protection, making the versatile Barron an ideal fit. He is very strong in the lower body and has quick feet in pass protection.

14. Carolina Panthers: Troy Williamson (jr.), WR, South Carolina
Williamson showed great speed at the combine and would be a nice option for a team that lost Muhsin Muhammad in free agency. Williamson did not play in a passing offense in college but has the speed all teams are looking for.

15. Kansas City Chiefs: Carlos Rogers, CB, Auburn
The Chiefs likely will dedicate most of their draft to defense, and Rogers is a good place to start. He was Auburn's best defensive player last season, Rogers can support the run or excel in pass coverage and has plenty of experience against top-shelf collegiate competition.

16. New Orleans Saints: Jammal Brown, OT, Oklahoma
Brown is equally adept in pass and run blocking, using his quick feet and long arms to move defensive linemen away from the action.

17. Cincinnati Bengals: Travis Johnson, DT, Florida State
Johnson has the size and strength to be a force up front. He raised his stock throughout the 2004 season and would give the Bengals some beef along the defensive front.

18. Minnesota Vikings: Fabian Washington (jr.), CB, Nebraska
Washington was the talk of the combine after running the 40 in 4.28 seconds, and his speed and athleticism are just what the Vikings need in a secondary that struggled against top wideouts and quarterbacks last season.

19. St. Louis Rams: David Pollack, DE, Georgia
Pollack plays with tremendous intensity and his motor does not stop. He makes up for a lack of size with good initial quickness and great closing speed, but his 40 time at the combine was a bit disappointing and he will have to show more speed during his individual workout.

20. Dallas Cowboys (from BUF): Roddy White, WR, UAB
Averaged 20 yards per catch during his senior season and was very good at both the Senior Bowl and the combine. The acquisition of quarterback Drew Bledsoe means the Cowboys will have to find him some help in the passing game.

21. Jacksonville Jaguars: Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami
The Jags are thin in the secondary and need a player with Rolle's speed and toughness, a player who can be solid in coverage and also a force in run support.

22. Baltimore Ravens: Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
James is an outstanding pass rusher who also plays the run very well thanks to his strength and quickness. He will have to answer a bit of a speed question after a disappointing 40 at the combine, and there are also durability concerns since he missed all of 2003 and part of 2004 with various injuries.

23. Seattle Seahawks: Shaun Cody, DE/DT, USC
Cody would be a nice addition to a line that already includes Pro Bowl player Chad Brown. Cody has the size and versatility to play end or tackle and was a major force for the nation's leading rush defense.

24. Green Bay Packers: Thomas Davis (jr.), S/OLB, Georgia
Davis played safety in college but has the size and speed to move to outside linebacker at the pro level. He is a punishing tackler who is always around the ball and would form a nice outside tandem with Nick Barnett.

25. Denver Broncos: Demarcus Ware, DE/OLB, Troy
Ware would fit perfectly in Denver's new 3-4 scheme with his ability to either play on his feet or put his hand on the ground in a three-point stance. He is not physically imposing but has shown the necessary speed and burst.

26. New York Jets: Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan
His combine performance showed Jackson has the speed to be a true corner and not a safety/corner combo like he was in college.

27. Atlanta Falcons: Brodney Pool (jr.), S, Oklahoma
Another OU standout, Pool has tremendous instincts and is always in the middle of the action. He led the Sooners in tackles last season, showing his willingness to mix things up in run support, and he is adequate in pass coverage.

28. San Diego Chargers: Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
Clayton has speed, quickness and elusiveness that make him dangerous after the catch. He would round out a receiving corps bolstered by the addition of WR Keenan McCardell and the emergence of TE Antonio Gates.

29. Indianapolis Colts: Channing Crowder (3rd so.), MLB, Florida
An impressive physical specimen who adjusted immediately to top-level collegiate competition, Crowder has ideal size and athletic skills for a man in the middle.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers: Heath Miller (jr.), TE, Virginia
There is some question whether Miller will be able to work out before the draft due to a pelvic injury, but he still remains the best tight end prospect and would give Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger a nice option in the middle of the field.

31. Philadelphia Eagles: Jerome Mathis, WR, Hampton
Played at the Division I-AA level in college but showed at the Gridiron Classic and the combine he belongs with the big boys. He dominated Hampton's playoff game this season and was the best player on the field at the Gridiron thanks to his overall athleticism.

32. New England Patriots: Barrett Ruud, LB, Nebraska
His speed and athletic ability made him Nebraska's all-time leading tackler and Ruud would help the Patriots get younger at a key position, a big key with the health of Teddy Bruschi in question.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:50 PM   #199
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

The Dolphins have signed DE Kevin Carter to a 5 year $30 million deal.

Giants sign K Jay Feely.

Rudy Johnson has signed his franchise tender.

The Saints sign S Dwight Smith to a 5 year $15 million deal with a $3.5 mil signing bonus.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:04 PM   #200
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Giants sign K Jay Feely.

hopefully his kickoffs go past the 15...