Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2005, 12:40 AM   #151
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 1st, 2007 -

Today we travel to play Swansea in the 2nd round of the English FA Cup. Swansea is currently 2nd in League One and they have a very talented player. Striker Szilard Nemeth is considered a veteran star player. He truly appears to be of an elite talent levvel that could play in the EPL. He has 14 goals in 18 League 1 Games. He has 53 caps and 17 goals for Slovakia. His main partner up front, Lee Trundle, is out injured this game. Instead they will likely have to start Mark Pritchard up front, and he doesn't appear nearly as talented. Midfielder Nick Montgomery is a talented playmaker who is equally adept at passing and shuting down the opposition. Right fullback Mikele Leigertwood has led by the defense since centreback Patrick Collins has bene injured most of the season. Left fullback Daniel Harding is also injured for this game. Keeper Gary Montgomery has been a magician in net and has 13 cleansheets in 19 starts on the year. He will be very hard to beat.

We've never played Swansea before.

They are 1-6 favorites. The odds of us winning are 10-1.

It's sunny and temperatures will be in the 50's today.

GK: O'Connor
DL: Barnard
DC: McShane
DC: Wall
DR: Morley
ML: Wright
MC: Mannix
MR: Collett
AMC: Kelly
SC: Smyth
SC: Palmer

S1: Scarsella
S2: Baker
S3: Barnett
S4: Moore
S5: Davies
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:16 AM   #152
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Wall bodychecks Szilard Nemeth.. no whistle.. no flag.. Nemeth is hurt.. he can't play anymore. Mark Pritchard has to come on for him to play up front alongside Jamie Rewbury.

9 minute mark: Morley slides into Rewbury.. clean tackle.. no whistle or flag.. Rewbury is hurt! He has to leave the pitch. Paul Connor comes on for him.

33 minute mark: Taylor gets it on the right edge of the pitch.. crosses to Pritchard in the box.. great pass.. over McShane's head.. Pritchard settles it.. shoots.. lower left corner.. O'Connor dives.. it's past him.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

40 minute mark: Collett with a great pass into the box.. Smyth gets to it.. the defense immediately shuts him down (as they have done all game.. very fast closing)

42 minute mark: Collett feeds the ball to Smyth.. Smyth passes it between teo defenders.. to Kelly.. he shoots.. into the lower right corner.. GO.. F!#$ Kelly was flagged for being offside negating the goal.

Halftime: Down 1-0.

I decide to go with a more aggressive attack.

54 minute mark: McShane blocks a shot by Montgomery.. O'Connor races out to get to the deflected shot.. Connor beats him to it.. dribbles to his left.. shoots.. around O'Connor.. GOAL. Down 2-0.

75 minute mark: The defense continues to completely shut down our guys as they enter the box..

77 minute mark: O'Leary clears yet another attack of ours.

84 minute mark: Barnett on for Mannix, Davies on for Kelly, and Moore on for Smyth. I don't usually use late subs, but I need to try to get a spark.

Game over. 2-0 loss.

We were outshot 5-4 (3-1 on goal)

O'Connor had a particularly bad game.

Mikele Leigertwood won MoM, 30 of 31 passes, 5 of 5 tackles, 10 of 10 headers, 8 interceptions.

The only positive is that the game drew 13,240 fans. That should hopefully help boost our income for the month if we get our visitors cut.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:16 AM   #153
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We made a whopping 237,000 dollars that match (from our share of the gate presumably!) Nice boost to the old balance.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-19-2005 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:24 AM   #154
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December 4th, 2007 -

Mark Smyth came into my office today and told me that he wants a new contract like everyone else is getting. Considering he is only making 900/week, I can't argue with him. I ask him how much he wants.

He tells me that he wants 4,800/week, 400/goal, 200/assist, a 10% annual raise, and 12,000 signing bonus. I counter with an offer of 4,000/week, 340/goal, 200/assist, 10% raise, and the 12,000 dollar signing bonus.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:46 AM   #155
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 6, 2007 -

Mark Smyth happily signed the new deal that I offered him.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:52 PM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 8, 2007 -

Today we are in 2nd place in League Two. We are currently 6 points out of 1st place. We will be traveling to face 1st place Barnsley today. Barnsley has a 15-1-2 record compared to our 13-1-4 record. Barnsley has a very talented team. They were relegated from League One last year as the 24th place team in the league. Barnsley's best player is right fullback Ryan Willetts. Willetts has had a bad year but he is a very talented player who is a strong tackler and a hard worker. Scottish Striker Mark Burchill has 6 caps and is a very skilled striker. He is constantly working on the pitch and he doesn't have any real weaknesses. He is fast strong and can be a dangerous finisher around the net in many ways. He has an average form of 9 over the last 5 games! Michael Boulding is an older veteran at left wing, but he has amazing speed still. He will be the fastest guy on the pitch most likely according to my scout. He is a talented passer as well. He is currently averaging an 8 for form in his last 5 games. John Thompson is a quick skilled centereback who has no weaknesses. He has 1 cap for Ireland and he doesn't make mistakes generally. He has been averaging a 7.8 for form the last 5 games. I could continue to throw the superlatives out there about their players. The only minor weakness is keeper John Ruddy who is good, but not way above average like most of their players. However, with the great defense in front of him, he has rarely been challenged. Hopefully, we can change that.

We've never played Barnsley before.

They are 1-2 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 40's.

S2: Baker
S4: Moore
S5: Davies
Old 01-19-2005, 06:15 PM   #157
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

33 minute mark: O'Connor with a nice diving save of a shot by Connor.

37 minute mark: O'Connor stops a header by Burchill.

41 minute mark: Collett gets a yellow card for a trip on Austin.

Halftime: 0-0

48 minute mark: kelly gets a yellow card for holding back Burchill. Barnard argues the call.. Yellow card for Barnard.

49 minute mark: Mannix with a great pass to Smyth.. Smyth gets the ball just outside the box.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper right corner.. just over the bar.

51 minute mark: O'Connor with a save of a Burchill shot from 15 yards.

54 minute mark: Kelly is called for off sides.. Wright argues the call.. Yellow card.

55 minute mark: Kelly gets a long pass from Collett.. gets off a good shot for the lower left corner.. nice save by the keeper.

62 minute mark: Baker on for Wright (tired and with a yellow card), Barnett on for Mannix (picked up a minor injury) and Davies on for Collett (yellow card and tired)

65 minute mark: Antony Kay gets a yellow card for a hard tackle on Kelly.

69 minute mark: Baker with a brilliant pass to Palmer.. he shoots from just inside the box... the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

74 minute mark: Burchill shoots from 15 yards.. brilliant diving save by O'Connor!

76 minute mark: Baker crosses for Kelly.. Kelly jumps.. Kay jumps.. Kay is whistled for unfairly jumping with Kelly! Penalty shot awarded!!! I ask my assistant who has looked good at penalty shots lately in practice. He replies that Baker has done very well. I put Baker out there.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. the keeper dives.. too late! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

84 minute mark: Wroe passes to Boulding inside the left corner of the box... Boulding with a hard shot.. lower left corner.. O'Connor catches it cleanly!

Game over. 1-0 WIN!!!

They outshot us 15-13 (6-3 on goal)

O'Connor wins MoM.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:23 PM   #158
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info: Barnard picked up a 1 game ban for 5 yellow card.

Mr. Fotherby is very pleased with our win over the Tykes (What an interesting team name)
Old 01-19-2005, 06:37 PM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December 13th, 2007 -

Paul McShane's loan deal ends in several days. I decide to ask Man City to extend it for the season. He has been a HUGE part of our success. He leads league 2 with a 7.76 avg form.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:42 PM   #160
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 14, 2007 -

Yes! Man City has agreed to let me have McShane (Free of cost) until the end of the season.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:55 PM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 15, 2007 -

Today we start a rough stretch of 6 games in 16 days that will take us past the halfway point in the season. We are currently in 2nd place, and we are hosting Stockport today. We lost to Stockport 3-0 in the Vans Trophy North earlier in the year. Stockport are currently 14 in League Two. Their centreback John Fitzgerald is a young Irish Star who has played very well in League 2. Right fullback Derek Geary is a strong compliment to him. Left winger Andy Welsh is a talented player. Star striker Luke Beckett is questionable for this game. Midfielder, Scott Best is suspended and Danny Griffin is injured. Keeper Anthony williams is a tough player to beat at times, but he has had horrid games the last 3 games. Hopefully, we can get some past him.

As previously mentioned, we lost a game 3-0 to them earlier in the year.

They are 5-4 favorites.

We are using the same lineup as last game except Craig Morgan will be asked to play out of position at left fullback for the suspended Mark Barnard.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:18 PM   #162
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Palmer gets a yellow card for arguing an offside call.

4 minute mark: Molrey passes it from the right wing to Kelly.. he is outjumped by the keeper who punches it out of the box.. Mannix gets it.. shoots immediately.. the keeper blocks it.. Smyth collects the rebound.. shoots the hard angle... past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

8 minute mark: McShane with a corner kick.. aims for Wright by the near post.. Wright outjumps his man.. heads it... into the net! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

25 minute mark: Palmer gets the ball after Morley sends a long pass down the right side of the pitch.. Palmer centers for Kelly.. he heads it.. The keeper blocks it.. Kelly gets the rebound.. shoots around the keeper.. into the net! GOAL!!!! 3-0.

27 minute mark: Wright steals the ball at midfield.. great pass to Smyth.. he beats the defenders.. down the middle of the pitch.. into the box.. hard left footed shot.. towards the upper right corner.. past the keeper.. GOAL!!! 4-0! That is Smyth's 50th career goal for Harrogate?!? That is his second of the game.

32 minute mark: Kelly takes a direct kick from just left of the box.. towards the far post.. Mannix heads it.. past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 5-0.

Halftime: Up 5-0!!! That will be a major help the goal differential which was 6 goals below the leader coming into this game.

48 minute mark: Mannix with a great dribble down the middle of the field.. around two defenders... sudden quick pass to Palmer on the right edge of the box.. dribbles towards the right goal post.. shoots.. upper left goal corner.. past the keeper.. GOAL!!! 6-0! That is his 2nd of the game.

60 minute mark: I sub out Smyth since he has a yellow card for Moore.

Wright is tired, so I sub in Baker. Collett is tired so I sub in Davies.

71 minute mark: Their defender runs over Kelly.. he is hurt! He has to go off.. Since I used all 3 subs, I have to go to a 10 man lineup.

73 minute mark: Davies with a cross for Palmer.. he heads it.. past the keeper.. into the crossbar.. the defense clears the rebound.

Game Over! 6-0 Win!

We outshot them 12-2 (9-0 on goal)

Kelly has a 10 for form and wins MoM, 15 of 19 passes, 0 tackles, 3 of 6 headers, 7 runs, 3 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 1 goal.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:24 PM   #163
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Darn! Both Palmer and Smyth hit the yellow card limit and will be suspended for the next game. To top it off, Kelly sprained his knee and will miss about a week! Our dynamic trio will all miss the next game.

Mr. Fotherby is rightfully thrilled with this win. He feels that this team is going to surprise all the pundits who say that we don't have the financial resources to keep up our success.

Our statistician informs me that the 6-0 win is a new Harrogate record for margin of victory.

Morley has four 8's and a 9 for form in his last 5 games. I decide to praise his performance.

I also notice that he is still on a 300 dollar per week/deal. I decide to approach him on a new deal befitting his very good play in League 2.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:26 PM   #164
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December 16th, 2007 -

I call Morley into the office and ask him how much he is requesitng for a new deal. He reports that he would like 1,650/week for the next 18 months. I respond by offering him 1,400 dollars/week for the next 2 1/2 years.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:28 PM   #165
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 16, 2007 -

McShane has agreed to extend his deal and stay with us until the end of the year.

Town Fans are writing the newspapers in droves praising my praise of Morley.

Managers are starting to fall like flies in the League 1. I wonder if I'm going to start getting contacted again?
Old 01-19-2005, 07:35 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December 17th, 2007 -

Team Morale is VERY high right now. We just had a night out where the whole team went drinking at the local pub. What a blast! The entire team is playing well and together right now. Not one guy has less than a 7 in the last 5 games according to my coaching staff. Everyone is happy and hopefully we can keep this good feeling going.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:41 PM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 18, 2007 -

Scarborough's chances of staying up just took a major hit with the news that Keith Gilroy tore his ACL and will miss the remainder of the season.

Morley, Kelly, and Mannix were all selected to the League Two team of the Week.

Morley signed his new deal that will keep him with us til June 2010.

Baker sprained his ankle in practice today and will miss about a week.

Boston Uniton just signed striker John Sutton as I could never re-work a deal that would fit in my remaining transfer budget. I think he is going to be a very talented player and they just made a great signing.

And finally the biggest news:

Luton (6th in League One) have signed away Barnsley's John Thompson for 650,000 dollars! Hopefully, Barnsley won't be able to bring in a similarly talented player with that money. Thompson should be a big loss for them.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:54 PM   #168
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 19th, 2007 -

Today we are in 2nd place, but Barnsley has 1 more game played than us. If we win this game, we will be in 1st place as they lost their last game. We are traveling to play Lincoln today. Lincoln is currently 13th in League Two. They finished 20th in league 2 last year. Some of their top talent is hurt. Starting with midfielder Richard Butcher who is out this game with an injury. Also, star striker Gary Taylor-Fletcher is out hurt. Their best player in this game is midfielder Gary Smith on loan from Doncaster. He will have to be watched closely. Left Fullback Ian Joy is a good defender. Centreback Jamie McCombe is a strong defender who can intimidate forwards. Keeper Andy Warrington is average but he had a really bad game his last game. Hopefully, we can make this two in a row.

We lost to them 1-0 in a friendly last year.

They are 5-4 favorites.

It's muddy with temperatures in the high 30's today.

Injury and suspensions have really shifted my lineup this game:

DC: Craig Morgan (giving Wall a rest)
AMC: Davies (for the injured Kelly)
SC: Seyi Morgan (since Smyth is suspended)
SC: Moore (since Palmer is suspended)

S2: Farrell
S4: Wall (will only play if a DC is hurt)
S5: Surey
Old 01-19-2005, 08:21 PM   #169
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Mannix bodychecked McCombe. McCombe is hurt and will have to leave the pitch.

12 minute mark: Mannix steals it at midfield.. passes it to Moore at the right edge of the box.. he immediately crosses for Davies in the center of the box.. Davies heads it.. towards the upper right corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

22 minute mark: Richardson gets it on the left wing.. crosses for Mulligan.. he heads it.. over O'Connors left shoulder.. it's into the net. GOAL. 1-1.

24 minute mark: Collett gets it after Morley heads it to him.. Collett with a nice long pass to Moore.. in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

33 minute mark: Moore is tackled by the centreback.. he is hurt! I have no choice but to put Farrell in for him.

35 minute mark: Morley gets a yellow card for a trip on Richardson.

44 minute mark: Mannix with a nice long pass to Farrell.. he is 1-1 with the keeper.. he tries to dribble to his right.. fumbles the ball Can't blame him for being rusty as well as not having enough talent at this level.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. Nice crowd of 4,338 at this away game. We had over 7,000 at the Barnsley game. I can't wait to ask the bookkeeper how much we have made the past month.

52 minute mark: Matt Bloomer gets a yellow card for holding Seyi Morgan's shirt.

54 minute mark: Gary Mulligan gets the ball after an intricate series of passes in our zone.. great scoring opportunity.. great diving save by o'Connor!

63 minute mark: McShane decides to take it up the left wing! He crosses for Seyi Morgan.. Morgan does what I expected him to do.. why I hired him.. hits a great header.. into the upper left corner..GOAL!!!! 2-1.

69 minute mark: Surey on for Mannix, and Barnett on for Collett.

72 minute mark: McShane trips Mulligan.. yellow card for McShane.

73 minute mark: O'Connor smothers a close range Mulligan shot.

75 minute mark: Nice play by Morley to stop a Richardson cross.

77 minute mark: O'Connor barely stops a shot from Mulligan from 20 yards out.

79 minute mark: Craig Morgan with a nice header to prevent a pass from getting into our box.

80 minute mark: O'Connor stops a flurry of shots inside our box, including two rebounds.

89 minute mark: McShane gets called for a trip on Leadbitter.. that is a yellow card.. his 2nd.. he gets the red and is ejected!

I love Barnett back to DC (from MR) and Davies back from AMC to MR, and Seyi Morgan back from Striker to DC which he can play. Thus, I start playing a very defensive 5-3-1.

Morley clears the ensuing free kick.

90 minute mark: Seyi Morgan heads away a cross from Richardson.

Game over. 2-1 win for us.

We were outshot 19-6 (9-4 on goal)

Mannix won MoM, 18 of 25 passes, 8 of 8 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 3 interceptions.

Farrell played well overall with a 7 for form. Not bad for a rusty striker.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:24 PM   #170
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Our Reserves beat Torquay United 4-2 tonight. Our reserves have been playing very well with James McDaid doing well for the reserves. Bridges has also been playing very well.

Morley has been banned for one match for 5 yellow cards.

McShane has been given a one match ban for being ejected last game.

David Moore broke his "cheekbone" according to the physio. He will miss about a month.

Also, we are now officially in 1st place!
Old 01-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #171
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Eag, you've sold me on the game. I'm buying Mizzourah's copy.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:42 PM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 22, 2007 -

Today we travel to play 24th place Darlington. They finished 21st last year and barely avoided relegation. This year they have zero wins. Darlington's most valuable player is their skilled keeper Michael Price who is difficult to beat. He is supported by the strong play of centrebacks Joey Hutchingson and Matthew Clarke. The only really skilled offensive player is striker Clyde Wijnhard who is a 34 year old striker from Holland. However, his skills are diminishing and I believe our defenders should be able to contain him and the rest of the offense.

We beat them in a friendly 1-0 last year.

We are 5-4 favorites to win.

It's windy and overcast with temperatures in the high 30's.

DC: Craig Morgan (McShane is suspended)
DR: Barnett (Black is still injured and Morley is suspended)
AMC: Davies (Kelly is still hurt)

S2: Farrell
S3: Seyi Morgan
S4: Shepherd

Players injured or suspended: Morley, McShane, Black, Baker, Kelly, Hunter, and Moore.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:43 PM   #173
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Eag, you've sold me on the game. I'm buying Mizzourah's copy.

I hope you enjoy it
Old 01-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #174
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: collett gets away with a warning after a trip on their left winger.

23 minute mark: O'Connor with a nice save of a shot by Armstrong.

25 minute mark: Davies with a brilliant pass to Palmer.. Matthrew clarke tries a wild clearance from behind on Palmer.. Clarke puts it into his own goal.. the announcer comments that the Darlington team seems to completely lack any confidence. GOAL. Up 1-0.

44 minute mark: Barnard takes a corner kick.. sends it to Collett.. the keeper tackles Collett in the box.. penalty shot!! Barnard steps up to take it.. kicks it into the lower right corner.. the keeper dives.. but he can't get to it.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead.

50 minute mark: Wall with a great pass into the left corner of the pitch.. Smyth gets to it.. sharp cross.. finds Davies by the near post.. he heads it.. into the net! GOAL!!!! 3-0.

62 minute mark: I give Palmer some rest with Seyi Morgan. I give Mannix some rest with Surey.

65 minute mark: Chris Hughes gets the ball in the pass as the defense whips a long pass over our defenders.. O'Connor with a nice save.

75 minute mark: Davies intercepts a corner kick.. makes a great through ball.. It's smyth and the keeper racing out of the box to see who can get to it first... Smyth beats him to it.. dribbles to his left around the keeper.. shoots from 25 yards.. into the net.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

Game over. 4-0 win.

We outshot them 19-4 (6-2 on goal)

Smyth wins MoM, 13 of 16 passes, 2 of 4 tackles, 2 of 2 headers, 1 interception, 6 runs, 8 fouls drawn, 1 assist, 1 goal.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-19-2005 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:08 PM   #175
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December 22nd, 2007 -

Immediately after the match, several reporters ambush me. They report that John Gregory has been fired from Sheffield United earlier today, and I'm the top candidate for the job. They ask me my thoughts on the job. I decide to release a press statement saying that I'm not interested in the job, but I'm flattered to be considered.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:23 PM   #176
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

These laptop freezes have been very annoying

I was just about to hit save after that last game when my laptop froze. Oh well, I have it saved from before the game, and will hopefully get a win again when I replay it.

I was just about to post questioning myself if I made the right move when it froze. Sheffield United was in the EPL last year, has a 30,000 seat stadium, a top training facility with a youth academy. I hope that I eventually get to 1 of my top 3 targets.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:17 PM   #177
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Here is the replay (darn freezes) -

2 minute mark: O'Connor with a save.. long pass to Smyth.. Paul Culshaw tackles Smyth from behind.. yellow card for Culshaw.

5 minute mark: Wall is hurt by a challenge from Wijnhard. He has to come off. I decide to put Seyi Morgan on for him.

8 minute mark: Craig Morgan with a big header to prevent the opposition from getting a shot.

13 minute mark: collett is whistled for a trip. Palmer argues the call.. he gets away with a warning.. he continues to argue the call! Yellow card for Palmer. The ball is moved forwards 10 yards for dissent.

Halftime: 0-0.

75 minute mark: Farrell on for the exhausted Davies. Surey on for Wright.

82 minute mark: Mannix plays a nice ball to Smyth in the left corner of the box.. he shoots.. keeper blocks it.. Palmer gets to the rebound.. wide open net.. shoots.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

That was Palmer's 5th goal of the year.

Game over. 1-0 win for us.

We outshot them 15-8 (8-0 on goal)

Frank Talia (their keeper) won MoM.

As an OOC Note, it is very interesting how one little event can affect a whole game. I think the centreback own goal last game seriously affected the entire team and made them pretty much give up leading to a 4-0 victory for us. This game they played a very defensive front and fought hard the whole battle leading to us barely winning 1-0.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #178
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Game Match: Stuart Wall is expected to be out about 2 weeks with a groin strain.

As an OOC note, it's interesting that the reporters didn't come talk to me about taking over the Sheffield job. Perhaps that coach won and kept his job (i'll check once it is done saving.) Or perhaps, our win wasn't big enough to earn consideration for the job.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:24 PM   #179
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
These laptop freezes have been very annoying

I was just about to hit save after that last game when my laptop froze. Oh well, I have it saved from before the game, and will hopefully get a win again when I replay it.

I was just about to post questioning myself if I made the right move when it froze. Sheffield United was in the EPL last year, has a 30,000 seat stadium, a top training facility with a youth academy. I hope that I eventually get to 1 of my top 3 targets.

Is it your entire laptop that freezes or just the game? I occasionally get very long pauses during the 2d match and afterwards when the final stats are being tabulated, but it always recovers.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 03:28 PM   #180
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

One last OOC Note: Gregory kept his job despite a loss this time.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:30 PM   #181
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Is it your entire laptop that freezes or just the game? I occasionally get very long pauses during the 2d match and afterwards when the final stats are being tabulated, but it always recovers.

It's my entire laptop, and it usually occurs when I'm typing on this site. A green line appears across the yellow background and EVERYTHING on my laptop is frozen. Nothing will work. I tried using the windows key, CTR-ALT-DEL, but nothing responds. I always have to do a manual powerdown when this occurs and restart the computer.

It also occurs at a few other times, but mostly when I'm typing in this screen. It usually (but not always) occurs after I've been playing on my laptop for at least a few hours.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:32 PM   #182
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Barnsley had a tie in their last game so with 1 game to go until the halfway point we are in 1st place by 2 points! We are on pace for a 100 point season if we can keep this torrid pace up.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #183
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 26, 2007 -

We are in 1st place and hosting Southend today. Southend is currently in 20th place. They are the only team we haven't played this year yet. Southend has very few good players. Striker Lawrie Dudfield is average at best. Left fullback John Dooley is a good player. Midfielder Carl Pettefer is average. Keeper Stephen Ingram is above average and has been responsible for a few of their wins.

We are 5-4 favorites

We've never played them before.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 30's today.

DC: Craig Morgan
DR: Black (throwing him right into the fire)

S2: Morley (In case Black falters)
S3: Davies
S4: Seyi Morgan

Baker, Wall, Hunter, and Moore are all out injured.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:08 PM   #184
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minute mark: Mannix passes the ball to Smyth in the box.. Smyth is tackled by Mark Rogers.. Whistle... Penalty shot awarded!

Barnard takes the penalty shot.. runs up.. shoots.. lower right corner... the keeper dives.. it's past him.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

15 minute mark: Wright passes to Smyth in the box.. he makes a move on Ben Price.. Price trips him.. whistle.. Penalty awarded!

Barnard steps up.. shoots.. exact same spot.. lower right corner.. same result.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

19 minute mark: Wright with a pass to Kelly.. Thompson is hurt.. our guys play on anyway... Kelly passes to Smyth.. he shoots.. upper right corner... GOAL!!!! 3-0. Thompson gets back up and continues playing.

25 minute mark: Thompson gets a yellow card for a trip on Wright.

35 minute mark: Barnard with a nice header to turn away the opposition's offense.

Halftime: Up 3-0.

49 minute mark: Mannix with a wonderful through pass that stops just before the endline.. Smyth gets to it.. crosses to Kelly.. he heads it.. great save by the keeper. The defense clears the rebound.

57 minute mark: Wright gets called for a trip on Price.. Yellow card.. he argues the call.. second yellow card.. he is ejected!

I sub out kelly who has become tired, and bring in Surey to play left wing in a 4-3-2.

58 minute mark: Black with a nice header to turn away a corner kick.

62 minute mark: collett gets a yellow card for a trip. I put on Davies for Collett. I also notice that Craig Morgan ha spicked up a little hurt. I bring in Morley for him.

75 minute mark: Mannix intercepts it at midfield.. quick pass to Smyth.. he gets it.. dribbles between two defenders.. into the box.. being chased.. quick step to his left.. powerful left footer.. lightning fast shot.. it's past the keeper before he knows it.. GOAL!!!! 4-0. That is Smyth's second, and the 10th of the season.

85 minute mark: Price trips Smyth.. gets his second yellow card.. he is ejected.

Game over. 4-0 win for us.

We outshot them 12-2 (6-0 on goal)

Smyth, Barnard, Mannix, Black, and McShane all have 9's for form!

Mannix wins MoM, 39 of 43 passes, 3 of 3 tackles, 7 of 10 headers, 3 interceptions, 2 runs, 1 assist.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:31 PM   #185
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info: Wright picked up an automatic 1 game ban for being ejected and a 1 game ban for 5 yellow cards.

Barnsley was beat by Bradford city 5-3. As a result, we are now in 1st place by 5 points at the halfway mark. The halfway review will follow soon.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:44 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Here are the League Two Standings at the halfway point:

Old 01-20-2005, 04:56 PM   #187
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Individual Leaders:

AvG FORM:

1. Greg Kelly - 7.95
2. Paul McShane (loan) - 7.76
3. MArtin Morgan, Grimsby - 7.75
4. David Mannix (loan) - 7.70
5. Mark Smyth - 7.67

9th. David Morley - 7.62
13th. Benjamin Collett - 7.55

Blackpook is the only other team to even have 2 guys in the top 20, we have 7.

Other Notables from my team:

Palmer 62nd with a 7.32
O'Connor 71st with a 7.29

Except for Barnard, everyone of my regulars have a 7.0 or higher (Barnard is at 6.98)

LEAGUE GOALS:

1. Greg Kelly - 13
2. Billy Paynter, Port Vale - 12
3. Mark Burchill, Barnsley - 11
4. Hector Sam, Wrexham - 9
4. Steven Gillespie, Bradford City - 9
4. Mark Smyth - 9
7. David Brown, Hereford - 8
7. Adam Nowland, Grimsby - 8
7. Moses Ashikodi, Bradford City - 8
10. 7 guys tied with 7.

Palmer is tied for 26th with 5.

LEAGUE ASSISTS:

1. Ben Muirhead, Bradford City - 15
2. Greg Kelly - 10
2. Mark Smyth - 10
4. Adam Murray, Mansfield - 8
4. Eddie Hutchinson, Barnsley - 8
4. Jon Paul McGovern, Brighton - 8
7. Jermaine Palmer - 7
7. Ross Gardner, Macclesfield - 7
9. There are 6 guys tied with 6.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:58 PM   #188
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Your top three guys: 27 goals, 27 assists.

Does anyone else touch the ball?

Seriously, KUTGW!
~rpi-fan
Old 01-20-2005, 05:08 PM   #189
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 29, 2007 -

Today we host Wycombe. They were the team that embarassed us badly early in the year. Wycombe are currently in 7th place, and they are in crisis. They have several players who are unhappy and want to leave the club. Among those, Colin Delahunty is rumored to be unhappy. Delahunty is a powerful left fullback that is dangerous if he is giving 100%. Striker Nathan Tyson is still a skilled scorer. Centreback Roger Johnson is also playing very well. Matt Bloomfield has played very well in the midfield, but he is doubtful for this game due to an ankle injury. Kepper Steve Williams is injured. It will be interesting to see if they turn to Stephen Flowers. He is the most likely choice. Flowers isn't very skilled, and we should be able to beat him IF we can beat the defense in front of him.

Wycombe beat us 5-1 earlier in the year.

They are even odds favorites.

It's going to be sunny with temperatures in the mid 40's.

DC: Craig Morgan (for the injured Wall)
DR: Black
ML: Baker (for the suspended Wright)

S2: Barnett
S3: Davies
S4: Seyi Morgan
Old 01-20-2005, 05:09 PM   #190
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Your top three guys: 27 goals, 27 assists.

Does anyone else touch the ball?

Seriously, KUTGW!
~rpi-fan

I really do tell everyone else to stay back and play very defensive football Neither of my wingers are given instructions to run up field. Mannix is told to stay back. I don't let my fullbacks run up the field either.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:24 PM   #191
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

First 20 minutes: Our defense plays well with the ball mostly being in Wycombe's possession.

20 minute mark: McShane starts the counter attack.. great pass to Mannix.. mannix to Smyth.. smyth to kelly in the box.. he tries to dribble to his left around the keeper.. the keeper backpedals.. kelly shoots.. nice save by the keeper.. he deflects it wide.

We dominated the next 25 minutes, but their defense repeatedly turned us away.. Delahunty is being very impressive.

Halftime: Nice crowd of 3573 for the game. 0-0 tie with few good scoring opportunities for either team.

65 minute mark: Mark Philo with a fancy dribble to get by two of my defenders.. shoots from 20 yards.. hard shot towards the upper right corner.. nice diving catch by O'Connor.

67 minute mark: Smyth is tired. I decide to put in Seyi Morgan for him with an emphasis on trying to get him headers. Kelly has picked up a minor injury (hopefully), I bring Davies in for him. Mannix is slightly hurt as well.. I will pull him for Surey at the 75 minute mark or thereabouts if everyone else is ok.

69 minute mark: Davies with a nice corner kick for the near post.. Seyi Morgan heads it.. nice save by Flowers to block it. Delahunty clears the rebound.

76 minute mark: Surey on for Mannix.

Game over. 0-0 tie. Either superb defense or bad offense from both sides. I like to think it was good defense for both teams.

We outshot them 6-4 (2-1 on goal)

Stephen Flowers their keeper won MoM?!? I guess those two saves were nice.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:11 PM   #192
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, I just accidently lost a long post (due to my own stupidity.) To summarize it. I've got several guys with contracts that are about to expire including Atkins, Shepherd, Dunning, Krief, Fox, and Hunter.

Atkins and Hunter are both planning on retiring and I'm not going to try to change their mind.

Shepherd's skills are declining at the age of 30, so I'm not going to try to resign him

Dunning is 26 and plays left fullback/left midfield. He has good physical skills, so I will offer him 250/week to be a backup, but he is unsure he wants to re-sign with us because of the lack of PT.

Fox is a right winger/attacking midfielder who is 26. He lacks good foot speed for this level, but he is a good passer with good positioning, so I decide to offer him 240 to stay as a backup.

Finally Krief is a speedy midfielder who is only 24. Except for his excellent physical abilities and great determination, he doesn't have much to offer. But, he is a good guy to have around. I offer him a nice raise from 120 to 240/week to remain a backup. He is the only player who seems interested in staying as a backup.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:25 PM   #193
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 1, 2008 -

Arsenal's Thierry Henry won World Footballer of the Year. Adrian Mutu of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Carlos Tevez of Juventus came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Thierry Henry won World Player of the Year. Kapo of Juventus came in 2nd, and Tevez came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Thierry Henry won European Footballer of the Year. Jose Antonio Reyes of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Mista of Valencia came in 3rd.

Gianluigi Buffon of Juventus won European Goalkeeper of the Year. Manuel Almunia of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Tim Wiese of Valencia came in 3rd.

Ac Milan's Lucio (I think I've mentioned before that he was my favorite defender in CM 03/04 and I "discovered" him with Manchester Utd and he led the team to much glory under my watch) won European Defender of the Year. Sol Campbell of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Gianluca Zambrotta of Juventus came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Jose Reyes won European Midfeilder of the Year. Mista of Valencia came in 2nd, and Adrian Mutu of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Arsenal's Thiery Henry won European Striker of the Year. Mista of Valencia came in 2nd, and Adrian Mutu of Chelsea came in 3rd (I guess they play both positions well )

David Mannix won League Two Player of the month. Jamie Smith of Hereford came in 2nd, and Nat Brown of Macclesfield Town came in 3rd.

Jermaine Palmer won League Two young player of the month. Paul McShane came in 2nd, and Carl Rook of Boston United came in 3rd.

Bradford City's John Cunningham won Manager of the Month for leading the team to 5 victories last month. I came in 2nd, and Paul Crichton of Mansfield came in 3rd.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:34 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 1, 2008 -

We are in 1st place and we travel to play Macclesfield today. Macclesfield are currently in 16th place, and they are missing 3 of their top 4 guys to injury. Of the remaining players, right fullback Nat Brown has been the most consistent and skilled player. Centreback Stuart Bridges will have to play well with both of the normal starting centrebacks out with injury. Midfielder Mark Hughes has played well this year. Striker Matthew Tipton is one of 5 players on the team with 4 goals. Keeper Russell Howarth has played very well the last 5 games.

We beat them 1-0 at home earlier in the year.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's going to be a wet game with temperatures in the mid 40's.

We are uisng the same lineup as last game.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:56 PM   #195
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Mcshane with a nice defensive play on their striker.

20 minute mark: Palmer with a cross to Smyth.. Smyth shoots for the upper right corner... nice save by Howarth.

30 minute mark: Mcshane with a last minute tackle on Tipton that was likely a goal saving tackle.

34 minute mark: collett gets the ball at midfield.. plays a perfect throughball to Smyth.. he is alone in the box.. shoots.. nice block by Howarth.. the defense catches up to it and clears it.

44 minute mark: Collett gets the ball at midfield.. excellent through ball for Palmer.. he races to it in the box.. Howarth races to it.. Howarth tackles Palmer! Whistle.. Yellow card for Howarth.. Penalty shot awarded! Barnard steps up to take the penalty shot...he blasts it into the upper right corner. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

45 minute mark: Black with a great defensive play on Tipton.

Halftime: Up 1-0.

46 minute mark: Wierd play that gets Macclesfield the ball inside our box.. O'Connor blocks a shot.. blocks a rebound.. another Macclesfield player, Miles get the ball.. he shoots.. O'Connor with another block.. a scrum for the ball.. yet another shot is unleashed.. another block by O'Connor.. Amazing series of saves by the young keeper!

Finally, McShane clears it to Smyth who passes to Palmer who is tackled by the defense.

56 minute mark: McShane is whistled for pushing Jamie Hand who was the target of a crossing pass.. whistle... Penalty shot awarded. Tipton steps up to take it... He shoots to O'Connor's right.. O'Connor dives... blocks it.. the rebound sails out towards the left corner.. Clark and Mcshane are racing to it... O'Connor gets up.. runs.. pounces on it.. covering up! What a play!

62 minute mark: Palmer gets a yellow card for arguing an offside call (sheesh, he is quite the hothead.)

I put Seyi Morgan in for Palmer, and Barnett for Baker who is tired.

73 minute mark: Seyi Morgan steals a pass that was heading back to the keeper.. he doesn't have much footspeed but he is way ahead of the defenders.. three dribbles.. into the box.. powerful shot.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

75 minute mark: O'Connor with a nice save of a point blank shot from Tipton.

90 minute mark: collett gets called for pushing Mark Hughes in the box on a corner kick.. whistle.. Penalty shot awarded.

Chris O'Grady steps up to take the penalty shot.. he shoots to O'Connor's left... O'Connor dives.. blocks it!!! 2 in one game saved! Black clears the rebound.

Game over. 2-0 win. Wonderful game by O'Connor.

They outshot us 12-10 (5-5 on goal)

Collett, McShane, and O'Connor all have 9's for form. McShane wins MoM, 30 of 35 passes, 11 of 11 tackles, 10 of 11 headers, 14 interceptions.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:15 AM   #196
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Mssr Henry seemed to have had a decent year.

The idea of Manny Aluminum, er, Alumnia placing amongst Europe's top goalkeeper is frightening.

And Adrian Mutul . . . shame. What could have been and all that.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 05:43 PM   #197
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 2, 2008 -

Fox and Dunning both rejected my contract offers. They want over 750/week, and I'm not willing to pay that to either of them as I'd rather invest the money in some younger players since these guys are never going to be good enough to play with my first team if we get promoted again. I tell them I'm not going to negotiate any longer. Krief accepted my contract offer, and I'm glad to have him stay with us as a reserve.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:43 PM   #198
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Mssr Henry seemed to have had a decent year.

The idea of Manny Aluminum, er, Alumnia placing amongst Europe's top goalkeeper is frightening.

And Adrian Mutul . . . shame. What could have been and all that.

Yeah, Henry had a very impressive year. He is the main reason that Arsenal is on my list of teams I'd like to manage. He has always been impressive since I first saw him in CM 03/04, and obviously this continues into FM.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-22-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:49 PM   #199
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 4, 2008 -

Swansea signed away Moses Ashikodi from Bradford City for 320,000 dollars. This should hurt their chances of staying on my team's tail.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:54 PM   #200
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 5, 2008 -

We are currently in 1st place, and we are 5 points ahead of Barnsley which is in 2nd. We are hosting Chester today which is currently in 21st place. Chester's offense has been anemic this year. Their defense has been fairly solid with centreback Sean Hessey and Danny Collins both playing well. Their best midfielder Paul Carden is injured. Right winger Ben Davies is a solid player. Their best striker is Scott Fitzgerald, but his speed is the only thing that really scares me.

We beat them 1-0 earlier in the year.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's muddy with temperatures in the high 40's today.

DC: Craig Morgan
DR: Black
ML: Baker