Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-22-2004, 12:33 PM   #151
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
So can you change/edit EVERY players name? I remember last year you could only change about a 1/3 before they said the database was full.. which sucked.. cause I did each conference slowly only to find that out... to have fake WSU Raiders or to change them all.. that is the question.

I believe there are no limitations this year and all the names are in the editor already.

The roster is for Xbox, but there is one for the ps2 as well.

For Xbox, you need an Action Replay, which plugs into your USB port on your PC. This thing has paid for itself 10x over. NCAA football rosters, hockey rosters, Halo saves, football rosters, baseball rosters, etc.. I love AR!!!!

If you're a sports nut, like real rosters, and don't have an AR, what are you waiting for?

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 12:37 PM   #152
korme
Go Reds

Well.. I have PS2. Any alternatives? Cost?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 12:39 PM   #153
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Come to the dark side, Shorty.

Goto www.operationsports.com and look at the ESPN CBB forum - there's a thread for rosters and there will be answers there for ps2.

Todd
Old 11-22-2004, 12:57 PM   #154
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Ey shorty,
Find me on AIM during your break, we can have a battle of our schools online ala the Madden beatdown you gave me a while back.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 01:48 PM   #155
mtaystl03
High School Varsity

This is regarding the complaint of missing too many shots down low. I remember that from last year, and in almost every college or pro basketball games on console.

Granted, I have only played one game but I shot very well on these type of shots. What happens to some people is they think since they are closer they don't have to hold on as long when shooting. They always say "wait until the peak of the jump" right?

The same goes for underneath shots. Hold on to the button as if you were shooting a three. It has worked so far for me.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:06 PM   #156
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaystl03
This is regarding the complaint of missing too many shots down low. I remember that from last year, and in almost every college or pro basketball games on console.

Granted, I have only played one game but I shot very well on these type of shots. What happens to some people is they think since they are closer they don't have to hold on as long when shooting. They always say "wait until the peak of the jump" right?

The same goes for underneath shots. Hold on to the button as if you were shooting a three. It has worked so far for me.

Great - maybe that is what I was doing... all I know my big man would get a board and miss everytime I tried to go up with it.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 02:51 PM   #157
dunkem
Mascot

I play on coach mode and I'm having a good time. You can call plays on the fly, change matchups, change pressure, sub for the next game stoppage, and change your full court/half court press settings on the fly too. I get pretty good results using 20 minute halves and changing the speed to "fast". Normal speed seems to be twice as slow as a real time clock.

Recruiting has got so much depth that at times, I think it's too much work. Operates on a similar system to that of FBCB with making calls, making visits, etc. but you have to balance your recruiting time with your game preparation/training or your players won't be up to par for the game. Each visit gives you more info on your players - their preferences (big program, stay near home, playing time) and also gives you a better scouting report with each recruiting action. So the initial impression of a C? might be a B- when you watch one of his games. Interesting stuff...

The only thing I'm trying to get on the level is fouls though. Leaving things on starter level, default foul sliders, I don't get enough fouls. Trying a game on the highest difficulty and all foul sliders maxed, I get too many - like 25 or 30 per team.

On every difficulty level, the amount of shots seems right on with 20 minute halves - about 60 shots per team, but FG% in coach mode seems to drop to the 40's at the highest level. On starter level, FG% was pretty good at about 45-55%, but the pace seemed a little slower - players tend to stop and wait more for the play to develop. In general, I think the starter level provides the best "sim" experience on coach mode.

Coach mode is great too because your players will behave according to their ratings. Guys with higher aggressiveness will attack the basket more or take more shots while players with good awareness will find open players. Players with poor defense and awareness will let guys slip by them for easy layins. With coach mode, your poor low level team won't have a chance against top teams - as it should be. Playing games though, depending on your own skill level, ratings like awareness and aggressiveness are out the door since you control everybody so you could upset teams a whole lot more.

Finally a sim with graphics! Now they just got to slap coach mode on MLB 2K6 and NHL2K6 and we'll be set!

Last edited by dunkem : 11-22-2004 at 03:08 PM.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 04:32 PM   #158
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Played a few games, boy it's nice hearing my Tiger's names.

Maybe it's the initial "shock" of the game, but much improved from 2k5, imo. The game truly plays like college bball, I love how teams play desperate at the end of the game when you're winning.

Must get back to game...

Coach mode sounds fun, but I really like controlling my team. I'll have to try it out though.

Todd
Old 11-22-2004, 05:21 PM   #159
korme
Go Reds

I might have found a recruiting loophole.

I simmed basically the first season with Alcorn State, and about 25 guys in a row had turned my scholarship offers down, I'm talking 2 or 3 star players.

With a week left and having dried out the Local and Average locations, I see WORLD. So, I check some huge prospects still left.

B. Dukes *****, from Turkey, School Count: 0(??? 5* players have usually 10+).
J. Moye ***, from Senegal, School Count: 0
M. Kelley ***, from Yugoslavia, School Count: 0
S. Hurley ****, from Nigeria, School Count: 0

So I've thrown these guys schollies, we'll see if they accept or just walkon to a big school.
--------

None signed, but I only could send them emails. If you recruit these guys hard from Day One, I think it's a different story.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:30 PM   #160
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

To recruit those guys, you would need a lot of recruiting points as the amount of points an action takes is dependent upon geography.

Edited to add: This is probably why you could only send them emails. You don't have enough points to do anything more extravagant.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-22-2004 at 05:31 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:14 PM   #161
korme
Go Reds

dude, how do you back down your man?
Old 11-22-2004, 08:08 PM   #162
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

On the X-box it is the white button to enter "post mode." Not sure about the PS2 version.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:53 PM   #163
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I wish you could create a coach in an "open" legacy.

Played an exhibition game vs Davidson and lost 70-63 - I'm back to 15 mins, AC difficulty. One thing is for sure, if you leave a good shooter open, count it.

Don't know if I want to build up a small school and start in "career" mode, or just choose Missouri and use the "open" mode. I think I'll be turning on recruiting assistance as well, man is it in depth. (did they call Jim for this part? )

So far, this game has really been so much fun.

Todd
Old 11-22-2004, 08:59 PM   #164
jbmagic
Pro Starter

how the sim engine on this game?

does good rating matter if you just sim the game?

i know on madden 2k5 you can sim great team vs a bad team like 10 times and worst team will win like 3 or 4 times...it seem like it was all random who won..

can someone try simming a great team vs the worse team like 10 times and see the result in this game?

thanks

Last edited by jbmagic : 11-22-2004 at 09:00 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:19 PM   #165
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I wish you could create a coach in an "open" legacy.

Played an exhibition game vs Davidson and lost 70-63 - I'm back to 15 mins, AC difficulty. One thing is for sure, if you leave a good shooter open, count it.

Don't know if I want to build up a small school and start in "career" mode, or just choose Missouri and use the "open" mode. I think I'll be turning on recruiting assistance as well, man is it in depth. (did they call Jim for this part? )

So far, this game has really been so much fun.

Todd

You can, when you do the legacy, don't do "career", and I have read you can choose your school rather than start off small. Only difference is you can't be fired.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:21 PM   #166
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak
You can, when you do the legacy, don't do "career", and I have read you can choose your school rather than start off small. Only difference is you can't be fired.

I know.

If you don't choose "career", it's called "open" mode. The only drawback is your coach is chosen already for you, and the name.

In "career" mode, you make yourself and hire two assistants to help you along the way.

Todd
Old 11-22-2004, 11:58 PM   #167
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Ughie. I just got thumped by Marquette, 112-71. We shot 29.8% from the field, and we scored 28 of our 71 points from the free throw line. Now we get 5 days off before hosting winless VMI. I hope we can win that game, because the following two games are vs. Southern Miss and at #5 Alabama. By the time we enter conference play, we could be 2-8.

I think I can write off this season, which isn't a surprise considering that I have no seniors on the squad. At least my team will be a little more experienced next season, and maybe we'll have a better chance.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:08 AM   #168
Ironhead
College Prospect

Picked this game up after work. Wow, this game is so addictive. I downloaded the Xbox roster files from Op Sports and started a Legacy with Long Island. I lost my first game because I still hadn't figured out how to shoot free throws (I went something like 13-30 from the line, including about 8 straight misses in the final minute when I had the lead). I lost the second as I just couldn't keep up. And then Boston College thwomped me despite a valiant effort by my point guard. I forsee this game being played lots.

The only thing that has irritated me so far is that I have trouble trying to get my big men to take it hard to the hoop up close. I don't know if it is simply a ratings issue or what. I am holding turbo and hitting shoot when they are unguarded by the hoop.

Last edited by Ironhead : 11-23-2004 at 12:08 AM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:12 AM   #169
mtaystl03
High School Varsity

I have Action Replay but I don't have the original CD to set up the drivers. I heard there was somewhere I can go and download the drivers. Anybody know where these are available?

Thanks.

EDIT: Found it at codejunkies.com

Last edited by mtaystl03 : 11-23-2004 at 12:27 AM.
mtaystl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:02 AM   #170
korme
Go Reds

I was Norfolk State.

Played Duke.

Lost by like 30. I was like geez, I know it's Duke but they shot the lights out.. I better turn FG% down... I go to check and see in the game they shot merely 41%. Heh, my team sucks.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:06 AM   #171
mtaystl03
High School Varsity

OK. I got the Action Replay to work and downloaded the rosters from OS. But what do I do with the zip file? Where do I extract to and all that? Thanks guys.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:29 AM   #172
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
The only thing that has irritated me so far is that I have trouble trying to get my big men to take it hard to the hoop up close. I don't know if it is simply a ratings issue or what. I am holding turbo and hitting shoot when they are unguarded by the hoop.

The hop-step-drop-step-whatever thing is very important down low. If you're on XBox, hold down the left trigger and press B. If you're not on XBox, I don't know what you have to press, but check the manual. It'll get you decent position under the basket, but just hope that you don't get called for a charge.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:26 AM   #173
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
The hop-step-drop-step-whatever thing is very important down low. If you're on XBox, hold down the left trigger and press B. If you're not on XBox, I don't know what you have to press, but check the manual. It'll get you decent position under the basket, but just hope that you don't get called for a charge.

Also, when you're in close, hold the shoot button longer.. it makes a world of difference. I also think there's a way to move the right stick or something to make the shot better as well. Check the manual.

Todd
Old 11-23-2004, 08:52 AM   #174
CraigSca
Pro Starter

When I'm down low, I've found that a pump fake (by lightly tapping the shoot button) will often times give you an easy jump shot from about 8 feet. It still doesn't fix the "why do I miss from layup range" issue - but it helps open up the inside a little.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:43 AM   #175
henry296
College Starter

Thanks David and Todd for the help on the rosters. I guess I might have to buy the ActionReplay. Best Buy has them for $30 is that reasonable?

Just an update on my play last night. I have been playing 20 minute halves and had 2 really good games last night. My defense seems to be improving as my opponents just a little above 45%. I really think staying in control on offense and not taking quick shots helps the defense because of reducing the number of fast breaks. It also keeps the scores reasonable.

In my second game it was Penn (me) vs. Columbia (CPU). In the first half, I was awful and was done about 15 points at the half and the CPU was shooting 61% and got to the line nearly 20 times. I was reaching way to much. I start the second half on fire and in the first 5 minutes I cut the lead back down to 8 or so. By the 10 minute mark it was tied. We end up in OT where I end up winning by about 5. But for the game Columbia only shot 48% so in the second half, they were probably in the 30s.

One comment, I was playing 20 minutes halves and OT was only 2 minutes? That isn't right.

Todd
Old 11-23-2004, 11:47 AM   #176
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I just had my most heartbreaking loss yet. I was playing heavily favored Texas State on my home court. They were up 35-23 at the half, but I managed to get hot in the 2nd half and took a 68-62 lead at one point. Well, my best player who is very quick and is a big part of my offense fouled out with 5 minutes left. I tried to slow things dowsn and milk the lead but eventually they caught up 74-74 with a little under a minute left. So, I have my best 3 point shooter about to take a shot from behind the arc when the computer fouled him before he could get off the shot. Very smart foul by the computer as this guy is very good from 3 point land but a horrible foul throw shooter. Sure enough, he missed the 2nd free throw. The computer took it down the court and scored leaving me 20 seconds left. I tried to work the clock, but get a good shot with a few seconds left.. my shooter missed, but my center actually tipped it back up towards the hoop. I'm screaming at the set.. "GO IN! GO IN!" Unfortunately, it bounced off one rim, hit the other, then bounced out.

Besides sharing my pain, I just wanted to point out another small thing I love.. you see some really cool realistic ball action around the rim. The ball will roll sometimes around the hoop, it will take some odd bounces. It is another aspect that seems more realistic than any other basketball console game I've ever played.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:20 PM   #177
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

For Shorty:

http://www.wsuraiders.com/mbasketball/roster.html
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 02:09 PM   #178
korme
Go Reds

i'm all over it king
Old 11-23-2004, 02:24 PM   #179
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:

I bought a max drive specifically for roster downloads yesterday. It cost me $25 at gamestop. I'm getting rosters from operation sports. Worked great for me.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:25 PM   #180
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
I know.

If you don't choose "career", it's called "open" mode. The only drawback is your coach is chosen already for you, and the name.

In "career" mode, you make yourself and hire two assistants to help you along the way.

Todd

Sorry, didn't know that. That's kind of weird, you can't create yourself in that mode.
Old 11-23-2004, 03:24 PM   #181
rjolley
College Starter

Has anyone heard anything official about the fix for the import into NBA2K5? are they just saying sorry, our bad, or are they going to try and rerelease it?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 06:28 PM   #182
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley
Has anyone heard anything official about the fix for the import into NBA2K5? are they just saying sorry, our bad, or are they going to try and rerelease it?

They are fixing it via "Live" or online for Xbox, not sure about ps2.

Todd
Old 11-23-2004, 06:44 PM   #183
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
Thanks David and Todd for the help on the rosters. I guess I might have to buy the ActionReplay. Best Buy has them for $30 is that reasonable?

Just an update on my play last night. I have been playing 20 minute halves and had 2 really good games last night. My defense seems to be improving as my opponents just a little above 45%. I really think staying in control on offense and not taking quick shots helps the defense because of reducing the number of fast breaks. It also keeps the scores reasonable.

In my second game it was Penn (me) vs. Columbia (CPU). In the first half, I was awful and was done about 15 points at the half and the CPU was shooting 61% and got to the line nearly 20 times. I was reaching way to much. I start the second half on fire and in the first 5 minutes I cut the lead back down to 8 or so. By the 10 minute mark it was tied. We end up in OT where I end up winning by about 5. But for the game Columbia only shot 48% so in the second half, they were probably in the 30s.

One comment, I was playing 20 minutes halves and OT was only 2 minutes? That isn't right.

Todd

I might step up to 20 mins as well. Only 2 min overtime? That's weird.

Some over at OS say the game has ended in a loss after a tied game, some say it works fine.

I think I paid $30 for my AR, although it was quite awhile ago.

Todd
Old 11-23-2004, 06:47 PM   #184
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

For those who have been playing the game for a while now, can someone take a few minutes and tell me how exactly I should be recruiting?

I just picked the game up today and want to get started on my legacy before I go back to school but I don't really understand how many points I'm supposed to use up per day, etc.

Having a lot of fun playing the games though, I love Coach Mode.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 11-23-2004, 06:48 PM   #185
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

dola -

I wanted to start a career legacy with Western Illinois.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:43 PM   #186
BigDPW
College Prospect

Tonight I had a wierd thing happen... I (Albany) in my next to last reg season game vs. Stonybrook hit a 2 with about 1.5 secs left to tie the game... They inbounded the ball chunked it up and missed... Regulation ended tied and then suddenly it went to the screen that typically comes up when the game is over... First I thought I had to select something to continue to OT but there was no option only (STATS, EXIT, and SAVE and EXIT)??? It was very odd... There was an L listed for both me and Stonybrook on our schedules though it did not count in my loss total and I had an extra win in my win total than was reflected with the W's and L's beside the final scores??? Very wierd... It wasn't a big deal to me b/c I did not have that much riding on the game and I had saved prior to the game (though I did not replay it).

With this one minor exception I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with this game... I am absolutlely addicted to it... I finished second in the American East conference regular season with a 17-10 record... I am going to play the AE tourney tonight and see if I can get to the Big Dance... I also have two 3 star players from the region that have their interest bars maxed out in my favor (though one still lists manhattan as his top choice - but they haven't offered him a scholly)... I am praying both of these guys come to Albany... One is a HS Sr PF and the other is a Juco Fr SF... I am only losing two players this year a star SF and a backup PF... My other star is my SG #31 he lead the nation in scoring (11.2 ppg - this is with me playing 7 min qtrs and the CPU games being 9 min qtrs) he barley edged out Rashad McCants at UNC who was one tenth behind him... I am hoping my SG will win the conference player of the year so I can get another bonus point to make me a better coach...

I think I took a odd approach with my ratings than what I would normally have done... I started with myself being a B- in teaching and a C in Defense with C- in everything else. Then I signed an assistant with a B- in recruiting (though he sucks at everything else) and another with a C+ in scouting... I let the scouting guy watch game tape and scout games while my recruiter goes to kids homes, calls them, and offers them schollies, while I sit back and teach the players we have and email alot of kids to keep them interested in us... Seems to have worked well so far though I think I was lucky to find the B- rated recruiter.... I think I will keep adding to my teaching and Offense and Defense rating before I tack on more skill in recruiting and scouting...

WOW THIS GAME ROCKS... (even with that minor little bug... it'll be interesting to see if it happens again...)
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:55 PM   #187
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
They are fixing it via "Live" or online for Xbox, not sure about ps2.

Todd

So, it's either pay $50 to get a feature I paid for, or don't import players from NCAA? Man, that sucks.

I hope there's a way to use AR to install it. At least I'd have a use for AR...
Old 11-23-2004, 10:03 PM   #188
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley
So, it's either pay $50 to get a feature I paid for, or don't import players from NCAA? Man, that sucks.

I hope there's a way to use AR to install it. At least I'd have a use for AR...

I said that same thing about the NFL2k5 penalty bug (clipping for minus rushing yardage) that was fixed via LIVE, before I had it. I basically had a pissing contest with a few OS folks over that one.

Oh well, I enjoy LIVE.

I fully understand your point, but could you imagine the loss they would take if they had to re-release the game? Not to mention every game from there on out that people would want fixed and re-released?

Todd
Old 11-23-2004, 11:34 PM   #189
rjolley
College Starter

Yeah, it sucks on their end, but they release something that wasn't tested...that's not my fault either. Hell, I'd pay for shipping for a corrected copy. $20 was the initial outlay, and I've gotten way more than that in entertainment out of NBA2K5.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:52 AM   #190
BigDPW
College Prospect

Finished up my first season at Albany last night... I ended up winning the American East tourney and getting to the big dance only to get my *ss handed to me by Georgia Tech. I was a 14 seed they were a 3 seed. Jared Jack scored like 20 points w 7 minute halves. They simply were deadly from outside and I couldn't buy a bucket in the first half. I was better in the second half but only ate away a few points in the lead that was too much to overcome. In the last minute I got all of my players into the game just like I would if I were really coaching a team in the tourney and getting blown out...

I did end up signing both of those 3 star recruits in the offseason recruiting period. The 7'0 center is a mid 70's rated player starting my second season (second best player on my team). The JUCO SF is rated in the upper 60's and will come off the bench for me. My SG did not win the conference player of the year despite leading the nation in scoring instead the PF from Vermont took that honor. My freshman backup PF/C did however win the conference rookie of the year award. Despite my starting C from last year returning I will now start my freshman C and my sophmore PF/C who won the rookie title and let my senior C come off the bench... It is going to be wierd being able to put in a lineup with two 7-footers and a 6'9 SF when I play the bigger opponents.

Again I have Villanova and Syracuse as the two big name opponents to face this year. I am not sure how to alter my schedule though I wouldn't mind being able to do that... I guess only if I get invited to a tourney will that happen??? Anyone know how to change your schedule???

Again I am loving this game!!! On to season #2... I have 5 seniors and 5 schollies available... I will be lucky to have as good a recruiting season as I did last year having to spread the wealth over 5 schollies...

Anyone know how to cut players??? I have the two walkons that showed up on my schedule this year and they suck!!! Thank goodness they are not using scholarships!
Old 11-24-2004, 09:50 AM   #191
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

BigDPW, there is an option at the very beginning of your legacy that allows you to alter your schedule. I doubt you can change it now. As for cutting players, I think you can do this right before the season starts. You're probably in "preseason" right now. I don't know the exact point in time that you can do it, but it is probably there, at the same time you decide who to redshirt. It should be called the "finalize roster" stage or something.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:05 AM   #192
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Will my assistants offer scholarships? I'm still looking for confirmation on this. And are they using my recruiting time when I have it set to "assisted"? I wanna make sure I'm not getting the shaft because I'm not doing it myself. I love the sports sims, but with that game I just kinda wanna play the games (shrug).
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:54 PM   #193
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
For those who have been playing the game for a while now, can someone take a few minutes and tell me how exactly I should be recruiting?

I just picked the game up today and want to get started on my legacy before I go back to school but I don't really understand how many points I'm supposed to use up per day, etc.

Having a lot of fun playing the games though, I love Coach Mode.

neuqua, i too was first confused.. every monday, i use up all the points i can as they reset every week i believe.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:16 PM   #194
ahbrady
High School JV

Does anyone know if there's a way to see the All-Conference/Freshman All-Conference teams at the end of the year? A message popped up that told me I had someone make the Freshman All-Conference team, but when I went to the awards screen all I could find was who won the Freshman Player of the Year. There is probably something simple I just missed. I am loving the game so far. One minor problem is on the awards screen it says Belmont is the conference champions of the Atlantic Sun conference. They didn't win the conference (actually finished next to last) or the tournament.
ahbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:57 PM   #195
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW
Finished up my first season at Albany last night... I ended up winning the American East tourney and getting to the big dance only to get my *ss handed to me by Georgia Tech. I was a 14 seed they were a 3 seed. Jared Jack scored like 20 points w 7 minute halves. They simply were deadly from outside and I couldn't buy a bucket in the first half. I was better in the second half but only ate away a few points in the lead that was too much to overcome. In the last minute I got all of my players into the game just like I would if I were really coaching a team in the tourney and getting blown out...

I did end up signing both of those 3 star recruits in the offseason recruiting period. The 7'0 center is a mid 70's rated player starting my second season (second best player on my team). The JUCO SF is rated in the upper 60's and will come off the bench for me. My SG did not win the conference player of the year despite leading the nation in scoring instead the PF from Vermont took that honor. My freshman backup PF/C did however win the conference rookie of the year award. Despite my starting C from last year returning I will now start my freshman C and my sophmore PF/C who won the rookie title and let my senior C come off the bench... It is going to be wierd being able to put in a lineup with two 7-footers and a 6'9 SF when I play the bigger opponents.

Again I have Villanova and Syracuse as the two big name opponents to face this year. I am not sure how to alter my schedule though I wouldn't mind being able to do that... I guess only if I get invited to a tourney will that happen??? Anyone know how to change your schedule???

Again I am loving this game!!! On to season #2... I have 5 seniors and 5 schollies available... I will be lucky to have as good a recruiting season as I did last year having to spread the wealth over 5 schollies...

Anyone know how to cut players??? I have the two walkons that showed up on my schedule this year and they suck!!! Thank goodness they are not using scholarships!

Already said, but for some reason by default you have to change the option for schedule edits to "on" when setting up a legacy.

I want to read a dynasty writeup, your season sounds very interesting.. good job with Albany.

Todd
Old 11-24-2004, 06:37 PM   #196
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Already said, but for some reason by default you have to change the option for schedule edits to "on" when setting up a legacy.

I want to read a dynasty writeup, your season sounds very interesting.. good job with Albany.

Todd

Thanks... I am a bit disappointed that I missed turning on the schedule change option... If I have to continue with the same schedule for all time that would really suck... As much as I am really digging my Albany Great Danes I may consider a new legacy with someone else so I can change my schedule but when I think about it I just hate to have to play another season and not be able to use my recruits and my young core that I have at Albany... BTW I simply chose Albany based on their court, unis, and the fact that I knew nothing about their conference foes... The entire American East is full of teams with canine mascots with the exception of about 2-3 of them... Very interesting never knew the northeast were such dog lovers...

I have thought about a dynasty but I always find them tedious after a little while... Maybe I could start one with brief updates though... More like the ones I put here in this thread...

Also I have yet to take this game online and would love to ball with some of you sometime... I have seen Miz and Eaglesfan both playing the game but haven't had time to challenge either one of you yet...
Old 11-24-2004, 06:59 PM   #197
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Got the game, downloaded rosters, coached a game Ga Tech at BC. So far I'm impressed. Look forward to starting a 'Legacy' this week with either Navy or Dartmouth.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 07:02 PM   #198
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

How do I change the amount of Press I'm doing in-game?

I hit the D-Pad, and I just see the plays available, as well as the Fast Break setting and the Crash Boards setting???

Thxs,
~kns
Old 11-24-2004, 07:03 PM   #199
korme
Go Reds

it's under coach settings...
Old 11-24-2004, 07:03 PM   #200
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
it's under coach settings...

How do I access? What specific menus?

Edit: Is there anyway to do it in-game (without pausing)?

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 11-24-2004 at 07:04 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote