Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2004, 12:55 PM   #151
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Welcome our newest FOFC recruit, vtbub! He'll be teaming with Lokugh to give us a pair of great outside linebackers! Health is his only concern.

vtbub
Outside Linebacker
6-2, 224
Jerseyville, IL

National Rank 680
Rank by Position 35

7 games, 66 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 5 INTs, 7 receptions, 62 yards.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:00 PM   #152
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Let's see.. Ragone, Myself, VTBub and Lokugh.. we need either a S or a ILB.. we can even give ourselves a catchy title like the "FOFC Five"
Old 07-11-2004, 01:06 PM   #153
Poli
FOFC Survivor

KC surprises Jeff City and shuts them out, 38-0. That "ties" us with Jeff City, but they need another loss for us to go to the playoffs. Jeff City plays Independence (0 wins) and Joplin (4-5) to finish the season. I'll be rooting for Joplin in that game!

Our (6-3, 4-1) next game is against Cape Girardeau (1-8, 1-4) at Cape. We're now ranked #48.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:15 PM   #154
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Stats:

General Mike: 23 carries, 115 yards. 1 TD. 9 Cardinals on his helmet.

Indoorsoccersim: 44 KRB, 105 opps. 1 sack allowed. 1 tackle. 1 fumble recovery. 1 TD. 46 Cardinals on his helmet.

Nfg22: 25 KRB, 62 opps. 1 sack allowed. 22 Cardinals on his helmet.

JeeberD: 8 KRB, 16 opps. 9 Cardinals on his helmet.

Ragone: 7 INTs, 13 receptions allowed, 7 tipped passes, 19 tackles, 14 assists, 3 tackles for loss. 2 forced fumbles. 22 Cardinals on his helmet.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:16 PM   #155
JeffNights
College Prospect

Young 18 year old Jeff Nights litterally jumped at the ring of the phone, thinking it was just one of his friends calling, he nonchalantly answered, this particular call turned out to be one of the most important in his short life thus far. After he hung up, he had commited to SLU. St Louis University! The prospering in state school. Jeff's mind were filled with thoughts...He could really make a name for himself there, a small school on the rise, hell they were 6-3 this season, and in contention for the conference title...plenty of regional TV coverage too.....His parents were more estatic about the full ride to a four year university.....all other things aside he was happy teenager...The expectations carried him through his rigourous workout...Come spring, he planned to make quite an impression on Coach Ardent.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 06:19 PM   #156
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights
Young 18 year old Jeff Nights litterally jumped at the ring of the phone, thinking it was just one of his friends calling, he nonchalantly answered, this particular call turned out to be one of the most important in his short life thus far. After he hung up, he had commited to SLU. St Louis University! The prospering in state school. Jeff's mind were filled with thoughts...He could really make a name for himself there, a small school on the rise, hell they were 6-3 this season, and in contention for the conference title...plenty of regional TV coverage too.....His parents were more estatic about the full ride to a four year university.....all other things aside he was happy teenager...The expectations carried him through his rigourous workout...Come spring, he planned to make quite an impression on Coach Ardent.

Thumbs up to JeffNights. Great post.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #157
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Ardent.. whats the d1 leaderboard in int's look like..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 08:17 PM   #158
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You're tied for the lead with two SEC corners.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:42 PM   #159
Blade6119
Coordinator

Colton Mayes wants to play coach!!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 08:50 PM   #160
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Colton Mayes wants to play coach!!

Gotcha. Everyone, welcome Blade6119 to the team. He'll be part of the FOFC Fantastic Five.

Blade6119
Safety
6-2, 183
Kansas City, MO

National Rank N/A
Rank by Position 84
All State Missouri

9 games, 55 tackles, .5 sacks, 9 INTs.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:49 PM   #161
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hey Blade!

Welcome to the land where players are players and receivers are scared shitless..

By our senior year, I want the StLouis FOFC Fantastic Five to at least be on the football team's calendar
Old 07-11-2004, 09:56 PM   #162
General Mike
Pro Starter

You can call me Keyshaun if you want, but just give me the damn ball.

What are the starting RBs doing that is keeping me at 3rd string?
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 10:12 PM   #163
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Hey Blade!

Welcome to the land where players are players and receivers are scared shitless..

By our senior year, I want the StLouis FOFC Fantastic Five to at least be on the football team's calendar

But then where are the cheerleaders going to be....i like cheerleaders The fantastic five will own the SOL8 and eventually....THE WORLD!!!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 10:29 PM   #164
Ragone
Pro Rookie

You mean your junior year right fozzie? i'm older.. wiser..
Old 07-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #165
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hey, I'm going to push you the entire way, Rag.. You're going to want to go to the pros, it'll be easier to keep your job there the way I'm gonna go.,
Old 07-11-2004, 10:36 PM   #166
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Look at it this way foz... No body is going to pass on the outside.. hope our linebackers have good hands
Old 07-12-2004, 03:55 PM   #167
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The mighty Rob Nielsen wants the damn ball!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:02 PM   #168
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Everyone welcome, Coffee Warlord! He'll compete for carries with General Mike.

Coffee Warlord
Running Back
5-10, 179
Urbana, IL

National Rank 693
Rank by Position 55
All State Illinois

9 games, 230 rushes, 1537 yards, 7TDs. 37 receptions, 491 yards, 6 TDs.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #169
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Compete for carries.

Yeah. Right. The ball is mine.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:14 PM   #170
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Everyone, I enjoy the smack talk. Keep it up! It should be interesting as we get more and more FOFCers on the team. I envision a full roster of FOFCers in the future.

I'll likely enroll all of you into the next recruiting class after you graduate/leave early for the NFL/CFL/XFL/WFL/WigFL/IHOF.

General Mike, the two backs in front of you now are seniors with no eligibility remaining. You and CW will most likely be the starters next season. Good news is you'll have spring practice.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:25 PM   #171
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We make the short trip to Cape where we find fair weather and 41 degrees. We win the toss, and elect to receive.

Indoor contributes a KRB on our first play from scrimmage, but a fullback fumbles on the next play. Cape recovers and returns the ball to our 18. Two plays later, Cape scores in the air. 7-0, bad guys.

Our next drive is unsuccessful, and we punt after 3 plays. However, the returner fumbles, and indoor is there to recover the ball at the Cape 49. He would also contribute a KRB on the 15 yard TD run by the running back. 7-7.

Cape would go 3 and out, and the short punt gives us the ball on the Cape 47. We'd return the favor three plays later, punting the ball back to the Cape 8 yard line.

Ragone would provide a tackle on first down, which actually led to us finally stopping the Cape drive. After the punt, we take over on our 37.

Nfg22 would provide 2 KRBs in a row, and we end the first quarter with a 2nd and 7 on Cape's 48.

STL 7, Cape 7.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:36 PM   #172
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Unfortunately, we don't do much with the ball and punt it away. A nice return gives Cape the ball on their 39. Cape would punt it back to us after 3 plays, and we take over on our 14. What a bad trade off!

Nfg22 makes another KRB, this time on 3rd down. We don't convert the next 3rd down, though, and punt it again. This time, we send them to their 23.

They fumble the ball on the next play, and a backup safety falls on it at the 23. We don't do ourselves any favors. The pass to the endzone on first down is intercepted and downed for a touchback.

The defense comes up big, and Ragone assists in stopping a 3rd down screen pass to force a punt. We get the ball back on their 41.

Unfortunately, we try throwing again on first down, and indoor allows a sack. It's all good, though. Cape is whistled for pass interference on the next play. Two plays later our determined pass offense puts us up 7. 14-7, good guys.

Cape throws a deep ball in the direction of Ragone, and he doesn't make the pick. He does tackle the receiver, after a gain of 34. He assists on another play, but it's not enough. 14-14.

1:45 left in the half.

Somehow, our anemic passing offense does move us into position to kick a 42 yard FG. I'm sure you know what's next. He missed it, this time wide left.

Halftime:

STL 14, Cape 14.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:43 PM   #173
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We kick off to start the 2nd half, and force a punt from the Cape 40. With the return, we start on our 25.

Nfg22 and indoor both provide a KRB on this drive. Indoor has another that leads to a 35 yard TD run! 21-14.

A great return has Cape starting on our 39. They move to our 30, but lose a yard on 4th down. We take over on our 31. We go 3 and out ourselves, and punt the ball away to the Cape 40.

Ragone provides an assist on a play, but it doesn't keep Cape from scoring. Fortunately, this was of the 30 yard FG variety. 21-17.

We would end the 3rd quarter with our return to our 30 yard line.

STL 21, Cape 17.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:54 PM   #174
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Indoor (3 KRB) and nfg22 (2 KRB) open up the field to start the 4th, and General Mike gets in afterward for a 2 yard run up the middle. It sets up a 28 yard FG that is good. 24-17.

Ragone would provide an assist on a pass play, but it wasn't enough. Cape marches downfield with a mission that they complete. 24-24.

4:53 remaining.

Incredibly, we call a pass on 2nd down and 11. It's intercepted and returned to our 38. Note to self, fire the offensive coordinator.

A huge sack sets up 3rd and 23 (on the 36, but that's another story), and Ragone knocks a deep ball away. Cape tries a 53 yarder, but it goes wide right. Dodged a bullet there.

3:07 remaining.

We need fresh legs. General Mike goes in. He comes out with a 16 yard run, thanks to the KRB of indoor. I'll kill that coordinator. I swear to it. Another pass call, and it's intercepted again. This time at the Cape 21, with 1:37 remaining!

Fortunately, a sack and two incompletes don't run much clock down, and a lousy punt for them gives us the ball on their 49. 52 seconds remaining.

Nothing. We do nothing. We punt to the Cape 11 with 12 seconds left. Here we go, overtime.

Wow. They come out throwing. To Ragone. He doesn't make the INT, but makes the tackle. 3 seconds left. The next play doesn't score, and we head to overtime.

STL 24, Cape 24.

Last edited by Poli : 07-12-2004 at 04:55 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:59 PM   #175
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We win the toss and elect defense first. A 9 yard run is followed with a 1 yarder that Ragone assists in. The ball pops out, but is recovered by Cape at the 15. We blow the next run up for a loss of 8, but they gain it back on the next play. 3rd and 10. Screen pass, and we drop them for a loss of 4. Their kicker misses the 36 yarder, wide right!!

We drive down to the 9 yard line, and our kicker hits the 26 yarder. We escape with the victory!

Final in OT:

St. Louis 27, Cape Girardeau 24.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:03 PM   #176
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Game MVP, indoorsoccersim. 7 KRB and a fumble recovery.

nfg22 had 6 KRBs himself, while JeeberD was in for 10 plays.

Ragone allowed 3 receptions, tipped one ball away, and had 3 tackles (in 62 plays).

General Mike had 2 carries for 18 yards.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:04 PM   #177
Poli
FOFC Survivor

indoorsoccersim and nfg22 are both mentioned in the players of the week, as well.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:37 PM   #178
JeeberD
General Manager

I need more damn playing time!!!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 06:26 PM   #179
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Yeah right meand indoor got this line locked down....13 combined runblocks? heh outa how many attempts? that means that we must get a key run block on 1/3 of the attempts
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:37 PM   #180
Poli
FOFC Survivor

JeeberD, I'm playing you as much as I can get away with. If you'd just show some more ability, I wouldn't be afraid to play you more.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:32 PM   #181
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm ready to become "the man".

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:53 PM   #182
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Welcome Mizzourah to the fold! Wow, Todd, I believe you've heard of this place. As for your position, I know we recruited a few tight ends last season, but I believe you'll have enough ability to start right away. We throw to our tight ends more than anyone else as well. They've also been known to run the ball in our offense. What I'm really proud of is that your biggest strength is run blocking. Can't wait to have you on the line.

Mizzourah
Tight End
6-2, 222
Ironton, MO (which is ironic, they don't have a football team)

National Rank 264
Position Rank 13
All State Missouri

9 games played, 39 receptions, 630 yards, 3 TDs
Old 07-12-2004, 10:07 PM   #183
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

sign me up, Hater!
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:26 PM   #184
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
sign me up, Hater!

Welcome finkenst, I think. :P Could we be playing bookend tackles with JeeberD and finkenst next season?

finkenst
Offensive Tackle
6-6, 272
Springfield, IL

National Rank 485
Position Rank 48

9 games played.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:28 PM   #185
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Welcome Mizzourah to the fold! Wow, Todd, I believe you've heard of this place. As for your position, I know we recruited a few tight ends last season, but I believe you'll have enough ability to start right away. We throw to our tight ends more than anyone else as well. They've also been known to run the ball in our offense. What I'm really proud of is that your biggest strength is run blocking. Can't wait to have you on the line.

Mizzourah
Tight End
6-2, 222
Ironton, MO (which is ironic, they don't have a football team)

National Rank 264
Position Rank 13
All State Missouri

9 games played, 39 receptions, 630 yards, 3 TDs

I AM MACHINE!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:12 AM   #186
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Jeff City didn't lose to Independence. We didn't expect it, though. It was nice to see Joplin defeat KC (who beat Jeff City ). Joplin goes up against Jeff City on TV4 this week. If Jeff City wins, they take the Sol 8 Conference. Joplin is a dark horse for the conference championship with 4-2 conference record.

As for us (7-3, 5-1), we play host to Springfield (2-8, 2-4).

On a recruiting standpoint, we've recruited 12 people, and have offers out to 6 others. Of those, four are visiting. I don't believe I'll offer any other scholarships out at this point.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:57 AM   #187
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We're now ranked #44, and are 20 point favorites against Springfield.

St. Louis weather: 64 degrees and fair. Springfield won the toss and elected to receive.

Ragone contributes early with a tipped ball, and Springfield punts from their 41. A good return gives the ball to us at our 40.

Unfortunately, we go 3 and out, and punt the ball back to them. The Springfield Fishermen take over on their 30. They come out with an explosive attack and knock us off the ball. They score on a 49 yard run. 7-0.

All three of our FOFC linemen contribute on this drive. Indoor, nfg22, and JeeberD each have a KRB, JeeberD from the left tackle spot that sprung the back for a 9 yard TD run. 7-7.

Springfield would end the first quarter with a holding penalty. Make it 2nd and 18 on their 14 yard line.

Springfield 7, St. Louis 7.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:59 AM   #188
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Springfield would start the 2nd quarter with drive downfield. Ragone and his two assists were not enough, though we eventually hold them to a FG. 10-7.

We come out throwing on this drive, and mix in a few runs to boot. It ends with a TD pass to a wide receiver, a rarity in this offense. 14-10, good guys.

Springfield gets to midfield before fumbling the ball to us. Ragone did his part with 2 solo tackles and a beating the receiver to the ball on another play (though it didn't say if you tipped it). We take over on the Springfield 43.

We go deep on first down. I suppose the coach thought the last drive was successful. This one was not. Intercepted in the endzone. Touchback.

Three and out they go, and we take over on our 44. 1:04 left in the half.

We run three plays to end the half; indoor credited with a KRB to end it.

Halftime

Springfield 10, St. Louis 14.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:59 AM   #189
JeeberD
General Manager

See what happens when you play me? Touchdowns are scored!!!

Old 07-13-2004, 12:00 PM   #190
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We take the 2nd half kickoff and return the ball to the 25. Indoor and nfg22 contribute KRBs, but an interception at the Springfield 42 stops the drive.

The defense bends, bends, and bends. A fumble!! We recover, thankfully, on our 4 yard line. Nfg22 helps us downfield with 2 KRB, and we move 87 yards downfield on 8 plays. Our kicker hits a 26 yard FG. 17-10.

The third quarter ends with the ball to Springfield. 3rd and 5 on their 44.

Springfield 10, St. Louis 17.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:09 PM   #191
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Springfield gets to our 40 to start the 4th out, but is held to a 4th and 1. The ensuing run fails to net the first down, and we take over on our 40.

Indoor starts things on the right foot with a KRB, and we score when the FB breaks open a 40 yard run. TD! 24-10.

Ragone tips away a 3rd down pass on the next Springfield drive, and an absolutely horrible punt gives us the ball on their 28 yard line. Our fullback would score again 3 plays later. 31-10.

Springfield would once again go 3 and out, but this time we take over on their 48. 4 plays later, thanks in part to a KRB of nfg22, we score again on the ground. 38-10.

Springfield mounts a drive, but in the end is forced to punt. We take over on our 29. 3:06 left in the game. General Mike makes his first carry, going off left tackle for a yard. His contribution wasn't enough to keep the ball, and we punt it away with just 21 seconds left to the Springfield 28.

Springfield sends in the backups to mop up and shut off the lights.

Final

Springfield 10, St. Louis 38.

For the game, we had 21 first downs, 345 yards rushing, and 92 yards passing.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:13 PM   #192
Poli
FOFC Survivor

No FOFCer received player of the week honors.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:14 PM   #193
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Unfortunately for us, Jeff City tore up Joplin, 28-7, and won the conference. We'll likely be watching the playoffs this season.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #194
Poli
FOFC Survivor

A few weeks later, we are indeed done. No playoffs for us. I'll post final stats in a few.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:29 PM   #195
Poli
FOFC Survivor

General Mike played in 9 games. 26 attempts, 134 yards. 1 TD. He appeared in 41 plays on the season. 10 Cardinals on his helmet.

Indoorsoccersim started all 11 games. 55 KRB in 131 opportunities. 2 sacks allowed. 58 Cardinals on his helmet.

Nfg22 started all 11 games. 36 KRB in 86 opportunities. 1 sack allowed. 36 Cardinals on his helmet.

JeeberD played in all 11 games. 9 KRB in 17 opportunities. 10 Cardinals on his helmet.

Ragone started all 11 games. 7 INTs, 18 receptions allowed, 11 tipped passes, 24 tackles, 21 assists, 3 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles. 29 Cardinals on his helmet.

Thanks to all that participated this season! I'll see you guys at spring practice. Be sure to welcome your new FOFC teammates as well!
Old 07-13-2004, 12:34 PM   #196
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Our recruiting class is complete, and will make us better for sure.

Other than the FOFC group, we recruited a FB, P, a pair of DEs, ILB, a backup OLB, and another corner. Be weary, Sir Fozzie. That corner was nationally ranked, where as you were not. He shouldn't be that much better than you, though.

I was quite happy with the DEs. Our last recruit was a top 250 DE out of Paducah, KY. His grades and test scores were low, so we'll have to make sure he hits the books. It was a gamble, but one I was willing to take. Tennessee, Alabama, and Oklahoma were all after him as well. I'm surprised he went with us.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:45 PM   #197
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Awards!

Academic All American

DE Irving McCaughey

Freshman All American

FB Teddy Daniels
C Indoorsoccersim
G Nfg22
DE Irving McCaughey
DT Nicky Roddy

SOL 8 Conference MVP, Offensive MVP

RB Gary Shepherd

SOL 8 Top Offensive Freshman

C Indoorsoccersim

SOL 8 Top Defensive Freshman

CB Ragone

First Team, SOL 8

RB Gary Shepherd
C Indoorsoccersim
G Nfg22
G Rickey Keith
T Seth Lee
T Trent Middleton
K Heath Keaton
DE Julio Gibb
OLB Adrian Walters
S Rusty Miller

Second Team, SOL 8

FB Teddy Daniels
CB Brock Tongue

All Academic, SOL 8

TE Kevin Chrysler
G Nfg22
T Seth Lee
DE Irving McCaughey
OLB Adrian Walters
CB Ragone
S Jamie Austin
Old 07-13-2004, 12:51 PM   #198
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thumbs up Grade Time!

General Mike:

Major: Business
GPA 3.8
Aspiration: Very Good
Intelligence: Pretty Good

B in Political Science
A in Statistics
B in Differential Equations
A in Sociology
A in Business

Indoorsoccersim:

Major: History
GPA 3.94
Aspiration: Excellent
Intelligence: Terrific

A- in Philosophy
A in Calculus
A in Dentistry
A in Nursing
A in History

Nfg22:

Major: Jurisprudence
GPA 3.6

A in Education
A in Marketing
B- in Journalism
B+ in Communications
A in Jurisprudence

JeeberD:

Major: Statistics (I had marketing down the first time, my bad)
GPA 3.6
Aspiration: Very Good
Intelligence: Very Good

B+ in Jurisprudence
A- in Philosophy
A in Medicine
B in Speech
A in Statistics

FFF

Major: Calculus
GPA 3.94

A in Hotel Management
A in Sociology
A in Metallurgy
A- in Computer Game Design
A in Calculus

Ragone:

Major: Jurisprudence
GPA 3.94
Aspiration: Terrific

A in Social Work
A in Education
A in Statistics
A- in Dentistry
A in Jurisprudence
Old 07-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #199
JeeberD
General Manager

Stats? Ugh... But I do like the A in medicine.

Old 07-13-2004, 01:13 PM   #200
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We suffered a mass exodus of seniors that started for us, so a lot of shuffling of the depth chart.

On offense, we lose the QB, both starting backs, both starting TEs, as well as a tackle and guard.

Coffee Warlord and General Mike fill in for the starting backs. JeeberD moves into the starting lineup as does true freshman guard JeffNights. First off the bench will be tackle finkenst. Our second TE will be Mizzourah, and when we need a pass our first option may be tucker342 and his incredible ability for big play receiving. Indoorsoccersim and nfg22 are incumbent starters.

Defensively, we lost a lot, but gained a lot. We lost 7 starters on defense. However our end from Paducah will fill in one spot, while OLBers Lokugh and vtbub fill a weak position very, very well. CB Ragone becomes our top corner, but Sir Fozzie is beaten in camp by the other freshman corner. He will be our nickelback, though, and play a lot. Blade6119 is the real surprise. He'll start at strong safety for us.

Last, but not least, we have FFF. His accuracy was better than the incumbent kicker, who is still around for his last season of eligibility, but FFF may well watch most of this season from the bench and take over next season as a redshirt sophomore.