Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-30-2004, 12:41 AM   #151
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Fight Night from The Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Fight Date: 10/4/2004

Opening Bout: Walter ‘Slate’ Smith vs. Todd ‘The V’ Vicious

Preliminary Bout #1: Clyde ‘The Grape Ape’ Kong vs. David ‘The Assassin’ Gonzalez

Preliminary Bout #2: Mr Miller vs. Jobu ‘The Suckpuppy’ Eckman

Support Bout: Neuq ‘Big Meanie’ Otto vs. Charlie ‘Swaggs’ Swager

Co-Feature: Chris ‘The Silver Subby’ Shue vs. Gertbeef ‘The Adversary’ Roe

Main Event: Johnny Lee ‘Juice’ Paris vs. Rupert ‘King of Comedy’ Pupkin for the FOFC Title.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 02:13 AM   #152
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Opening Bout, scheduled for 8 rounds.

Walter ‘Slate’ Smith vs. Todd ‘The V’ Vicious

This is the first professional fight for both men. They both come to the ring in outstanding shape tonight.

Vicious lands the first punch of the fight, but then it is all Smith for the rest of the first round. He was able to land some clean shots that did some nice damage to Todd. Score the first round to Smith, easily.

Vicious is trying to work the body of Smith in the second round, but he is leaving himself wide open. Smith is not going to turn down the open invitation and he starts whaling away at the head of Vicious. Todd was in some serious trouble in this round and Smith scores another clean win in the 2nd.

Smith continues to outclass Vicious in round 3. He has opened up a cut under Todd’s right eye, and again scores another easy victory. If the sight and taste of his own blood doesn’t wake Vicious up, then he might as well throw the towel in right now.

In round 4, Vicious did wake up. He started out throwing the jab and then just stepped up and out slugged, the slugger, Walter Smith. Vicious finally takes a round in this fight, but I have Smith ahead 3 rounds to 1 at the half way point.

Smith regains control of the fight in the 5th round with just some solid work, along with a few clean power punches that shook Vicious up.

Not much was happening in the 6th round until Vicious threw a nice combination that landed clean. Smith countered it with his own though and it was much more effective, knocking Vicious down to the canvas for a 7 count. Vicious makes it out of the round, but he is not looking too good. Besides the cut on his right eye, he now is showing signs of swelling on his left eye.

It is obvious to Vicious that he needs a knockout to win this fight, so he comes out headhunting in the 7th round. He is able to land some hard shots, but it doesn’t seem like he has enough pop in his punches to do the damage anymore.

Not much action in the 8th and final round. Smith is more than happy to take this one to the cards and Vicious is just totally out of gas and cannot mount any offense. This fight goes the distance.

Lulama Mtya scores the fight 77-74 for Walter Smith.

Luis Pabon scores it 76-76 even.

Noparat Sricharoen scores it 77-74 for the winner by majority decision, WALTER ‘SLATE’ SMITH!!!!

I really have no idea what fight Pabon was watching!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 03-30-2004, 02:32 AM   #153
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #1, scheduled for 8 rounds.

Clyde ‘The Grape Ape’ Kong (0-2) vs. David ‘The Assassin’ Gonzalez (0-2)

Both fighters are 0-2 and combining all 4 of their fights, they have lasted a total of 9 rounds. Well, one of them will pick up a victory today! Both fighters are in great shape as we have Kong, a slugger, going against Gonzalez, a classic style boxer.

We got exactly what we expected in round 1. Kong throwing power punches and going for the knockout while Gonzalez throwing the jab, covering up and moving around. Needless to say, Kong was about 7 times more effective in this first round and easily wins it. Gonzalez is already showing signs of a swelling on his left eye.

Kong was able to find some openings early in round 2 and land some clean power shots, but Gonzalez covered up well after that, and even snuck in a few clean shots of his own. Give the round to Kong, but Gonzalez is now in uncharted territory, the third round!

In round 3, Gonzalez takes some stiff rights, three of them, right in the kisser. He starts to guard against that punch when Kong throws a sweeping right hook that sends Gonzalez down for a 7 count! Kong was all over him after that, and the ref should really have stopped this thing, but we head into the 4th round now. That was probably a 3 point round for Kong the way he dominated. Both of Gonzalez’s eyes are starting to swell up pretty bad. This is getting pretty unsafe for him.

Halfway through round 5, I feel like I cannot watch anymore and I am praying for the ref to step in, but out of nowhere, Gonzalez throws a thudding shot into the rib cage of Kong. Kong is gasping for breath and has to take a knee before Gonzalez swarms over him. He gets right back up, but that was totally shocking!

It is right back to work for Kong in round 5, and his first punch, a right cross knocks Gonzalez down, right on his ass. David gets right back up though. Again, Kong is all over Gonzalez, but David gets out of the round. In the corner after the round, he can’t breathe, and his eyes make it pretty hard to see. I feel awful for the guy, but he wants to continue!

Gonzalez comes out in round 6, and lazily throws an overhand right. I don’t know what Kong was thinking, but he literally moved right into it and thudded to the canvas! He gets back up at the count of 6. I don’t even think Gonzalez can see right now, but he still feels like he can win this fight. It is almost as if he is blindly throwing punches and late in the round another one catches Kong flush and drops him like a rock! Kong barely gets up at the count of 9!

Round 7 has turned into an all out slug fest. Gonzalez has abandoned any thoughts of actually boxing. He is just throwing punch after punch, not even caring if they land. Kong knows that Gonzalez can’t see his hooks coming from the side and is landing those with ease as well. But it is Gonzalez that lands the knockdown punch first in this round! Kong gets back up at the count of 5 and gets out of the round!

In round 8, neither fighter has an ounce of energy left. Their punches are in slow motion, but Gonzalez still doesn’t see Kong’s big hook coming and he puts him down for a 7 count! He goes after Gonzalez, trying to knock him out, but Gonzalez somehow lasts the round, and the fight. We are going to the cards!!!!

Carlos Berrocal scores the fight 72-72, even.

Massimo Barrovecchi scores it 74-71 for Clyde Kong.

Adelaide Triplett scores it 72-72, even.

The fight has been declared a majority draw! The two fighters embrace in center ring, with a massive amount of respect for one another. This has easily been the best fight we have seen in FOFC boxing to date, and the fans are chanting, in unison, REMATCH, REMATCH, REMATCH, as the fighters leave the ring!

Old 03-30-2004, 02:53 AM   #154
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Fight #2, scheduled for 10 round.

Mr ‘M-Squared’ Miller (0-0) vs. Jobe ‘The Suckpuppy’ Eckman (2-1)

This will be Miller’s first fight, and Eckman hopes to introduce him to the canvas early and often. Both fighters are in great shape and we are ready to rumble!

Eckman comes and out tries to intimidate the rookie by throwing some hard combinations. Miller absorbs them and counters with his own, landing those clean. Eckmna knows he is in for a fight now. He is more careful after that, but still takes the first round, but only by a small margin.

Miller doesn’t seem prepared for the speed and power of Eckman, and Jobu is able to have his way with Miller in the second round as well, winning this one with ease.

Miller must have received some good advice in between rounds because he was able to go toe to toe with Eckman in the 3rd round. A late flurry by Miller may have even given him the round, although it was awfully close and could have gone either way.

You ca see the young rookie, Miller gaining more and more confidence with every round. In the 4th, he totally out slugged the confident Eckman, and beat him by a wide margin here.

In round 5, you can visibly see the frustration on Eckman’s face as he kept missing and Miller kept landing. Another clear victory for Miller in the 5th. Halfway through the fight, we are about as even as a fight can possibly be through 5 rounds.

Round 6 was awfully close. You can see that Eckman has figured out a bit of Miller’s strategy, and was making him miss a lot more now. This round could have gone either way on the cards.

Both fighters look pretty tired here in the 7th. What little action there was, was pushed by Miller, so you have to give him this round, without a doubt.

Round 8 showed that Miller is the fresher fighter right now as we are getting near the end of this fight. He was taking it to Jobu in this round, and picked up another point on the cards. I think Jobu is going to need to win the final 2 rounds to have a shot to win.

It looked like Miller was going to put this fight away with a few nice shots early in the round, but Eckman landed a nice shot of his own that caused some bleeding under the right eye of Miller. This slowed Miller down quite a bit and Jobu took advantage of it, coming back and quite possibly winning this round!

The two fighters were overly cautious in the 10th and final round. Neither one wanted to give up anything here in the final 3 minutes, and as a results, we saw no action at all. They are willing to take their chances at this point, so lets hear the final decision…

Eva Shain scores the fight 97-93.

Robert Paolinno scores it 97-93.

Arthur Mercante scores it 97-93, for the winner by unanimous decision, MR ‘M-SQUARED’ MILLER!!!!

OK, with all 3 judges having this as a 4 point win, I was way off on my analysis of the fight tonight. I am awfully surprised by the results, but if all three of them had the same thing, then I guess there is no argument.

They all had Jobu winning the first two rounds, and splitting the final two rounds. Rounds 3-8 were all wins for Miller on all three cards.

Old 03-30-2004, 03:10 AM   #155
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Support Bout, scheduled for 10 rounds.

Neuq ‘Big Meanie’ Otto (1-1) vs. Charlie ‘Swaggs’ Swager (1-0)

Otto has trained hard and is chomping at the bit for this fight. As far as Swaggs, I’ll refer you to something one of my other announcers said about him: “Train hard; Fight hard. Charlie Swager hasn’t always lived up to that creed, sometimes substituting ‘party hard’ for the ‘train hard’ segment.

Hey! Can somebody please tell these two guys the fight has started! Zero action in round one. And I mean Zero!

At least one of the showed up in round 2. Otto got some solid work in during this round, but impressive is definitely not a word I would use to describe his performance. Still, give the round to him.

Neuq Otto still out working Swager in round 3, but the crowd is getting pretty restless with this incredibly boring fight so far.

Swager finally showed some of his power in round 4. While Otto was jabbing, Swaggs finally decided to try and dish out some punishment. He did more than enough to win the round, and I think some of his work took a toll on Otto.

Finally in the 5th round we see the fighters finding some holes in the other’s defense and landing some good shots. They had a few very nice, exciting exchanges, but the end results was dead even. Halfway through the fight, I would give Otto 3 rounds, Swaggs 1 round and this 5th round is too close to call.

Swager put on a counter punching clinic in round 6. However, it might not have won him the round. Neuq was able to land just about everything he threw at Swaggs in this round, but Swaggs countered every single one of them with a clean shot of his own. An entertaining round, but neither fighter gained an advantage.

In round 7, it looked like Swager was going to start to take over, but then Otto threw what looked like an ordinary jab. It must have landed just right though because Swaggs hit the canvas for a 5 count! When Swaggs got up, Otto added insult to injury with a hard head butt, which obviously the ref did not see. Score this a 2 point round for Otto.

Swager was able to regroup in round 8. He had Neuq against the ropes and really went to work on him. Otto’s legs were shaking like Jell-o, but he was able to survive the onslaught. A big round for Swaggs!

In round 9, Swager looked to pick up where he left off in the last round, but he got a little too aggressive and was caught flat footed by Otto, who leveled him with a straight right. Swaggs went down again in this round for a 5 count. Otto couldn’t finish him off, but he opened up a cut under Swagg’s right eye.

The final round was a repeat of the first round, where nothing at all happened. Swaggs is out of gas and Neuq knows this fight is his, so he just coasted. Lets go to the cards…

Moo-Hoon Moon scores the fight 96-94.

Stuart Winston scores it 97-92.

Rogelio Perez scores it 97-93, for the winner by unanimous decision, NEUQ ‘BIG MEANIE; OTTO!!!!

Old 03-30-2004, 03:31 AM   #156
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Assassin, I take it back. Awesome last fight and hope you take the rematch.

Marmel, I'm chomping at the bit to get back in the ring. I yearn for a shot at that hot shot punk Mayes, but I'd take Komelink down too. These wusses should stick to golf. Neither of 'em will last more than 2 rounds against me.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 03:37 AM   #157
JeeberD
General Manager

Fargin goshdang bullcrap!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 05:35 AM   #158
condors
College Starter

gimmie somebody
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:50 AM   #159
Subby
lolzcat

I think I have fully recovered from my fight with The Juicemaking Fruitmaster...

BRING ON THE RAW MEAT!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 06:54 AM   #160
Kevin
High School JV

KGB is calling out M-Squared. He wants to pound all those PEI potatoes into good Soviet vodka. Used vodka to good measure to wipe out lytic virus.

Last edited by Kevin : 03-30-2004 at 06:56 AM.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 08:43 AM   #161
Blade
College Prospect

I need to get back on the card...it is killing me just watching the action!

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:45 AM   #162
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Fargin goshdang bullcrap!

You felt the power and judge-swaying of Mr Miller. You see what The Best Fighter to Ever Come Out Of PEI can do!! Oh, what's this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
KGB is calling out M-Squared. He wants to pound all those PEI potatoes into good Soviet vodka. Used vodka to good measure to wipe out lytic virus.

The Russian wants a piece of Mr? Tell me the Russian doesn't want to challenge Mr. You are making a big mistake. As one famous Russian once said, "I will crush you!!"
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:17 AM   #163
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Blade wants a free one way trip to dream land? I'll be glad to turn his lights out for him.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:43 AM   #164
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Next.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:58 AM   #165
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'm more than ready to go over .500 and start a winning streak the likes of which won't be seen again.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:13 AM   #166
TRO
College Prospect

The Ape didn't lose, the Ape didn't lose!

Rematch baby.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:16 AM   #167
StanGunner
Mascot

I must have been golfing too much! How did I miss this. Count me in. I will fight anybody anytime!!

First Name: Stan
Last Name: Gunner
Nickname: Stunner

Left or Right Handed: Right
Hometown: Buffalo, NY

Use 33 points among these three categories:
Control vs. Boxer: How well you fight against boxers (max 15) - 13
Control vs. Slugger: How well you fight against sluggers (max 15) - 10
Power: Duh...Power! (max 13) - 10

Use 6 point among these three categories, 0 is the best, 6 is the worst, so a chin of 4 is so-so, but a chin of 0 is excellent.

Chin Vs. Knockdown 2
Chin vs. Knockout 2
Recovery 2

Choose 1 which you want to be better at:
Absorb Punishment

Use 24 points among (max 10 in each category):

Killer Instinct - 8
Aggresiveness - 7
Endurance - 9

Choose if you are better at fighting inside or fighting outside:
Inside

Choose style:
Slugger

Choose foul frequency:
seldom
StanGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:56 AM   #168
Blade
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Blade wants a free one way trip to dream land? I'll be glad to turn his lights out for him.

Bring it on! Time to start making a name for myself in the ring!

Old 03-30-2004, 12:39 PM   #169
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
Bring it on! Time to start making a name for myself in the ring!

And the name you'll be making..

"Glass Jaw"
Old 03-30-2004, 12:41 PM   #170
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

LOL!

I see my challengers are too scared to show up. That's alright, I'll take on anyone. Just be prepared to lose a quick fight, Assassin will attest to that.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:56 PM   #171
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Jog, Jug Jig, whatever your name is.. You're jumpin up.. and punks jump up and get beat down.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:05 PM   #172
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

First Name:Chris
Last Name:Homan
Nickname: The Tenacious Tenderfoot
Left Handed
Hometown: Celina, Ohio

Use 33 points among these three categories:

Control vs. Boxer: 12
Control vs. Slugger:10
Power: Duh...Power! 11

Use 6 point among these three categories, 0 is the best, 6 is the worst, so a chin of 4 is so-so, but a chin of 0 is excellent.

Chin Vs. Knockdown: 3
Chin vs. Knockout: 2
Recovery: 1

Choose 1 which you want to be better at:

Absorb Punishment

Use 24 points among (max 10 in each category):

Killer Instinct:9
Aggresiveness:6
Endurance: 9

Choose if you are better at fighting inside or fighting outside

Inside

Choose style:
Slugger

Choose foul frequency:
seldom
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 02:07 PM   #173
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Little American Bear,

If I hadn't been up all night before our fight, you would've hit the mat and never gotten up. Next time I see you in the ring, I'm gonna make a nice bearskin pelt outta yo' ass and hang it over my fireplace.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:24 PM   #174
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Now your elephant mouth is writin checks your hummingbird ass can't cash.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:17 PM   #175
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel
This has easily been the best fight we have seen in FOFC boxing to date, and the fans are chanting, in unison, REMATCH, REMATCH, REMATCH, as the fighters leave the ring!

Never thought I'd hear that statement involving one of my fights the way my career has started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Assassin, I take it back. Awesome last fight and hope you take the rematch.

Thanks. I'm just glad that the ref didn't stop the fight early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO
The Ape didn't lose, the Ape didn't lose!

Rematch baby.

Great fight. I will happily sign the contract to a rematch. Might need some recovery time due to ass kicking you gave me in the first few rounds.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:19 PM   #176
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Listen Cub Scout, go play with your Den Mother and leave the fighting for the real men. Call me when you get a KO.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:26 PM   #177
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Damn it!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:04 PM   #178
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Co Feature, scheduled for 12 rounds.

Chris ‘The Silver Subby’ Shue (1-1-1) vs. Gertbeef ‘The Adversary’ Roe (1-0)

Roe looks to be in perfect shape for this fight. Shue told reporters he has never trained so hard for a fight before. Hopefully he did not over do it.

Roe was trying to work the jab in round 1, while Shue was trying to work the body. Neither fighter was having too much success, until Shue mixed in an uppercut. He didn’t land it hard, but his glove sorta scraped Roe’s face and cut him open under his right eye. I would score this round for The Silver Subby.

Roe was throwing a lot of hooks here in round 2, and Subby was very slow to react to them. As a result he got roughed up in this round. Give it to Roe in the 2nd.

Roe continued the success he had in the last round and scored another victory here in the 3rd round. Shue was able to land a couple clean shots, but Roe is looking a lot sharper right now.

Roe continues to have great success with that hook of his. Shue has no idea how to defend it or counter it and it may very well cost him this fight. He is so preoccupied with it, he barely fought back in this round.

I think round 5 is the beginning of the end for Shue. A wicked hook cut Shue open under his left eye. There is already noticeably swelling on this eye too. Later in the round, a straight right seems to have broken Shue’s nose. There is quite a bit of blood flowing from it right now. Shue is a total mess, simply put.

Round 6 was awfully close. Shue is just laying it all out on the line right now, hoping to land a few lucky punches it seems. I would probably give the slight edge to him in this round, but halfway through the fight I have 4 rounds for Roe and just 2 for Shue.

Although Roe has completely lost the aggressiveness that helped build this lead for him, he was still able to outpoint Shue in this round. If Roe continues to fight like this though, he may let the Silver one back into this fight.

Roe has clearly moved into a defensive game plan at this point in the fight. Too bad for Shue that Roe is still out pointing him, even though he is just being very careful. I think Shue’s gas tank is on empty, or maybe he is just trying to save his energy for a frantic finish.

Round 10 was all Roe. He just totally outclassed Shue in this round. Roe is able to avoid anything Shue throws and then almost land at will when he throws a punch. With all this success, you have to wonder why he had to use a little head butt midway through this round. The ref saw it and thought it was intentional, so he took a point away from Roe.

Round 10 was pretty even, but Shue has to do a lot better than even if he wants to even make this fight close.

Shue came out aggressive in round 11, but obviously a little too aggressive. He was caught hitting on the break and the ref took a point away from him. After that, it was all Roe and he is cruising on home to an easy victory as we head to the 12th and final round.

It’s the same punch he has been throwing all night, the hook, but this time it sends Shue to the canvas for a 7 count. Shue gets up and is able to finish this fight, but it has been one sided for all 12 rounds. Lets go to the cards.

Erkki Meronen scores the bout 116-109.

Artur Ellensohn scores it 115-109.

Malcolm Bulner scores it 117-107, for the winner by unanimous decision, GERTBEEF ‘THE ADVERSARY’ ROE!!!!

Old 03-30-2004, 09:24 PM   #179
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Main Event from the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles California. Tonight we have 12 rounds of heavyweight boxing for the undisputed FOFC Heavyweight Championship of the World!

Introduction first, the challenger. He is fighting out of the red corner wearing white trucks with gold trim. He hails from the mean streets of New York City, New York. He has a professional record of 2 victories, without a defeat. Both wins have come by way of knockout. He has 1 draw on his record, and he looks to avenge that draw against the very same man tonight. He is the challenger, Rupert ‘King of Comedy’ Pupkin!

And making his way to the ring, and fighting out of the blue corner. He will be wearing black trunks with red trim. He hails from Oveido, Florida in the United States. He has a professional record of 3 wins without a loss and 1 draw. Two of those wins have come by way of knockout. He is the undefeated, undisputed, universally known FOFC Champion of the World. He is JOHNNY LEE ‘JUICE’ PARIS!

This fight is governed by the California State Boxing Committee. The referee in charge is xxxx. The three judges at ringside are a, b, and c.

Both fighters meet in center ring fort he referees instructions. They both look to be in absolutely perfect shape. There is the bell for round 1, and we are underway!

In round 1, Pupkin looks a little intimidated being in the ring with the Champ. He was moving a bit slow and looked unsure of what to do. You just can’t do that against Paris. Paris swarmed all over Pupkin, starting with 2 hook shots and a straight hard jab. From there he easily took round 1.

Paris taking the fight right to Pupkin here in round 2. Late in the round Pupkin lands a nasty right hand directly into the jaw of Paris. That surely brought him up short. Something seemed to go off in Pupkin’s head after that punch, maybe he knows he belongs in the ring with Paris. He quickly went on the offensive and made this round dead even.

After that minor setback in round 2, Paris goes right back to work on Pupkin in round 3. He pretty much had his way with Pupkin and easily wins the round.

Pupkin was in a lot of trouble here in round 4 from the get go. He cannot keep Paris away from him and finally with about 60 seconds left in the round, Paris drilled Pupkin and he went down for a 6 count! Pupkin gets up and is able to get out of the round.

It is still all Johnny Paris in round 5. Pupkin better scrap his fight plan and try something totally different at this point, because he is having absolutely no success out there at all.

Pupkin looked a little better in round 6 than in the previous 3 rounds, but I still don’t think he did enough work to win the round. In fact, halfway through this fight, I don’t see any single round where you can say for sure that Pupkin won it.

Pupkin finally mounts a nice offensive attack in round 7, and he cuts Paris open under his left eye in the process. Paris did not just quietly back down though. He went toe to toe with Pupkin like a true champ, with the blood flowing over his cheek and down his chest. This was an extremely close round but the judges might give it to Pupkin for drawing blood.

Paris has a big red target on his face here in round 8, and Pupkin was nailing it with every opportunity he had. A very convincing win for Pupkin here in the 8th, and in fact, it was his best round of the fight.

After a couple sub par rounds for Paris, he comes out throwing hard in round 9 and rips open a cut under Pupkin’s left eye. Later in the round a nasty combination and then a straight right, that must have felt like a thunderbolt to Pupkin, sent Pupkin to the canvas. Paris stood directly over Pupkin pointing down to him and telling him to stay down. The ref had to push Paris away before he could start his count. Even with that extra time, Pupkin is down and he is staying down.

The winner by Knockout, and STILL undefeated, and the undisputed FOFC Champion of the World, JOHNNY LEE ‘JUICE’ PARIS!!!

Old 03-30-2004, 09:33 PM   #180
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Upcoming card, location and date unknown as of yet:

Opening Bout: Stan ‘Stunner’ Gunner vs. Chris ‘The Tenacious Tenderfoot’ Homan

Preliminary Bout #1: David ‘The American Bear’ Yellope vs. Mike ‘Blade’ Tokunaga

Preliminary Bout #2: Shane ‘Young Nastyman’ Kormelink vs. Bruce ‘The Letter Opener’ Babson

Support Bout: Alexander ‘KGB’ Yakushev vs. Mr ‘M-Squared’ Miller

Co-Feature: Neuq ‘Big Meanie’ Otto vs. Tony ‘Wildfire’ Williams, for the #1 contender spot.

Main Event: Kong Gonzalez Part II

Yellope is making a lot of enemies, but I can only schedule him for 1 fight. Yellope and Babson may meet on the next card if both of them show up for these fights.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:39 PM   #181
atatange1
High School JV

I came to avenge our earlier fight. It was not to be. I was bested by the Champ. But this is not the end rather just the beginning. I'll be back, and those at the top will fear me!

Rupert "King of Comedy" Pupkin
atatange1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 09:43 PM   #182
Blade6119
Coordinator

Im still not on another card?...man, and i was soo promising!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:05 PM   #183
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Catalan wants a piece of the Virus! Bring that chump on!
Old 03-30-2004, 10:05 PM   #184
SFL Cat
College Starter

WOOT! Look out bruthuh, the Slate is Here! I shoulda won a unanamous decision against Viscious, but that putz Pabon is obviously on the take. He better hope we never meet socially!
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:15 PM   #185
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Blade61 - you are on the next card, mark it down!

Old 03-30-2004, 10:21 PM   #186
Blade6119
Coordinator

big fight or a record raiser?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:37 PM   #187
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

No card, I must be a woose!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:07 AM   #188
JeeberD
General Manager

I need a fight on the next card. Who wants a piece of Jobu?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 12:36 AM   #189
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Fight Night from the Osaka Dome in Tokyo, Japan. Fight Date: 10-31-2004

Opening Bouts, scheduled for 8 rounds.

Stan ‘Stunner’ Gunner (0-0) vs. Chris ‘The Tenacious Tenderfoot’ Homan (0-0)

Both fighters are in great shape tonight and ready to fight.

The two rookie fighters were just feeling each other out in the first round. A pretty decent mid-round flurry from Gunner would give him this round on my card.

Homan landed a few very nice power punches early in the round. Gunner started counter punching very nicely to get back into it, but I would still give the round to Homan.

Besides a few jabs thrown in by Gunner for good measure, these two guys are trying to take each others heads off in round 3. Homan is landing about 2 to 1 though, so he easily takes this round.

Homan is continuing to outwork and out punch Gunner here in the third. In this round I would say Homan is landing 3 clean shots for every one that Gunner lands. Homan is opening up a nice lead in this fight.

Gunner finally has some success landing punches in round 5, but he still was not able to stop Homan from landing just as many. This round was dead even.

Round 6 was also very even, with both fighters able to dole out some nice damage on the other. This fight will be won or lost depending on how the judges see this very close rounds.

In round 7, it looked like Homan was going to finish the job. He cut Gunner up under his right eye early in the round, then he got Gunner against the ropes and started to go to work on him, but when it looked like Gunner was out on his feet, he started to fight back off the ropes and he landed one great shot that knocked Homan backwards, and then to the canvas for a very long 8 count!

Gunner followed up the knockdown he scored in the 7th round with a very impressive 8th and final round. Will the knockdown and this last round be enough to overcome the lead that Homan built up early? Lets go to the cards and find out.

Eva Shain scores the fight 77-75.

Robert Grasso scores it 77-75.

Richard Green scores it 78-75, for the winner by unanimous decision, STAN ‘STUNNER’ GUNNER!!!!

Old 03-31-2004, 12:50 AM   #190
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #1, scheduled for 8 rounds.

David ‘The American Bear’ Yellope (2-1) vs. Mike ‘Blade’ Tokunaga (1-1)

Both fighters come to the ring in perfect condition tonight. Interestingly enough, Bruce Babson has come to ring side to watch Yellope fight! Babson should be getting ready for his fight! Yellope is spending a lot of time jawing with Babson instead of focusing on his opponent.

Yellope could not fend off Tokunaga in the first round. Mike definitely had much more success in a few exchanges the fighters had, and also worked his jab nicely. Score this first round for Blade.

Everyone knows Yellope has a lot of pent up anger. In round 2, he took it all out on Tokunaga. I didn’t see Mike even land a single clean shot in this round, but he sure was at the business end of Yellope’s glove for 3 minutes here. A solid win for David in this round.

Yellope’s defense is so good that Tokunaga has not landed a single clean shot in two rounds now. Needless to say, this round goes to Yellope as well.

OK, now this is 3 straight rounds where Tokunaga is just totally outclassed by Yellope. All of his punches are just glancing blows, or landing on the arms of Yellope. Meanwhile, Yellope is laying a real beating down.

Blade finally caught Yellope square on the chin in round 5, but all that did was piss David off and he sent Tokunaga down to the canvas for a 9 count. I didn’t think Mike was going to be able to answer the count, but he did and got out of the round.

Yellope comes out in the 6th looking to finish this fight. He sends Blade down for an 8 count almost at the bell. Blade gets up though and the round continues. When he does get up you can see his left eye is swelled up pretty bad. Blade makes it out of the round, but he needs a knockout to win with 2 rounds left.

Yellope targets that eye of Tokunaga, and cuts him open over the eye in two distinct spots. Blood is flowing like a river from Tokunaga’s face. There is no need for this fight to go on, yet the ref allows the round to finish.

Yellope shows absolutely no mercy towards Tokunaga in the 8th and final round. He knocks him down for a 4 count with his first punhc. Blade gets up and Yellope knocks him down for an 8 count. Blade gets up again and as soon as Yellope goes to work on him again the ref finally stops this fight.

The winner by TKO at the 2:39 mark of Round 8 is DAVID ‘THE AMERICAN BEAR’ YELLOPE!!!

Old 03-31-2004, 01:02 AM   #191
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Preliminary Bout #2, scheduled for 8 rounds.

Shane ‘Young Nastyman’ Kormelink (1-1) vs. Bruce ‘The Letter Opener’ Babson (1-1)

Both fighters are in great shape for this bout tonight.

Kormelink, the boxer is sticking and moving against Babson the slugger. Shane is not giving Babson any time to set anything up. In the meantime, Kormelink is landing some nice jabs and sneaking in the power punches as well. He has already caused some blood to flow from under Babson’s right eye.

Babson caught Shane with a solid combination early in round 2, and that slowed the Young Nastyman right down. Babson was able to measure up his big shots better and come out on the winning end of this round.

Shane has his legs back under him in round 3, and it is an exact replica of round 1. Shane is just jabbing Babson to death and takes this round.

What little action there was in round 4 was initiated by Kormelink, so I would score this round for him. In addition, I have Kormelink winning 3 of the first 4 rounds as we are at the halfway point of this fight.

Kormelink has a sound fight plan and he is executing it perfectly tonight. Babson is really tiring from the constant barage of jabs to the face he is taking and his arms are lowering. With that, Kormelink is starting to unload some classic left right combos to score big points.

It is still all Kormelink in round 6, and I think we are at the point in this fight, with just 2 rounds left, where Babson is going to need to knock out the Young Nastyman to win this thing.

Kormelink has totally worn down Babson and in the 7th round, Babson’s legs finally give out and he hit’s the canvas for a 9 count. He makes his way to his feet and somehow lasts the round.

Kormelink has fought a nearly perfect fight tonight and he finished it up with a solid 8th and final round. We will go to the cards for what should just be a formality.

Harold Gomes scores the fight 78-74.

Jose Mayorga scores it 78-73.

Ramon Espinoza scores it 78-73, for the winner, by unanimous decision, SHANE ‘YOUNG NASTYMAN’ KORMELINK!!!!

Old 03-31-2004, 01:16 AM   #192
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Alexander Yakushev vs Mr Miller

Round 1
Time Commentary
0:00 The bell signaling the start of the fight sounds here at this popular venue.
0:07 Both fighters come into this fight predicting a win... Not that you'd expect anything else.
0:25 Oh!!! Miller landed a sharp combination that rocked Yakushev back on his heels!
0:25 Yakushev was staggered by those punches...
0:33 Miller hitches up his trunks. He'd better be careful. He may get nailed while his hands are down.
0:38 Yakushev traps Mr Miller in the corner!
0:38 Both fighters are trying to work inside. It's Yakushev, though, who manages to score with a solid uppercut that hurt Miller.
0:51 Alexander Yakushev lands a strong uppercut!
0:51 Miller is trying to reach for the ropes! His legs have turned to jelly!
01:00 Miller is trying to avoid shots to the body. He'd better look out for shots to the head!
01:03 Miller is forced into his own corner...
01:03 Alexander Yakushev throws a punch and lands. Miller scores with a counter. Looks like Yakushev was a little more effective.
01:12 Yakushev steals a quick glance at his corner.
01:25 The action slows for the moment.
01:28 Yakushev's corner is urging him on. They're really vocal tonight.
01:32 Yakushev has Miller cornered!
01:36 Cotton tries to separate the boxers but Yakushev has a vice-like grip on Miller.
02:00 Yakushev is trapped in his own corner...
02:05 Miller lands a smashing jab!
02:05 How is Alexander Yakushev standing after that?
02:14 Miller retreats into a neutral corner.
02:14 Yakushev hooks beautifully off a double jab!
02:28 Alexander Yakushev fires a left hand that Miller takes high on the shoulder.
02:35 Miller lands a solid combination!
02:35 That's the shot he hoped to land! Alexander Yakushev looks bad after that series of blows.
02:43 Seems like both fighters are landing a lot of punches, but it is tough to tell just how much effect they are having.
02:49 Yakushev slams home the jab. That punch landed with the force of a cross or a hook.
02:58 Miller's corner is shouting at him to stay off the ropes.
03:00 Miller is trapped in Yakushev's corner...
03:00 As the round comes to a close, both fighters continue to wing shots. That was another good round of action.

Round 2
Time Commentary
0:00 Yakushev looks to be in good shape as Round 2 gets underway.
0:13 He lands a hard combination!
0:13 Miller was stopped cold by that series of shots!
0:23 Mr Miller takes a half step back as he tries to create some punching room.
0:26 Yakushev has Mr Miller pinned!
0:30 Circling left, Yakushev looks for an opening to fire a shot at Mr Miller.
0:35 Miller bangs a right cross off the forehead of Yakushev.
0:46 Miller pins Yakushev in the corner!
0:50 Miller continues to come forward but he should be moving in behind punches.
0:55 The fighters have closed the distance between them and it's Miller who takes advantage, landing a vicious combination that snaps back the head of Yakushev.
01:04 Both fighters need to close the distance between them.
01:08 The two men are circling one another, looking for an opening.
01:15 Alexander Yakushev lands a devastating jab!
01:15 He just delivered some big time hurt with that jab! Even the fans at ringside felt that one!
01:29 Miller wraps his arms around Yakushev. Cotton has to break them apart.
01:38 Miller is receiving a lot of encouragement from his corner. If this helps win fights, he has a real good shot tonight.
01:45 Yakushev lands a crushing jab!
01:45 Miller was staggered by that punch!
01:54 The two fighters clinch, throwing feeble punches as they grab a quick breather. Now they back away from each other.
01:59 Yakushev seems really focused on what he's doing this round.
02:08 Miller looks for a breather; he grabs Yakushev and holds on. Yakushev pushes Mr Miller off and looks for an opening.
02:22 Yakushev retreats into the lower right corner.
02:26 Miller drops the right hand flush on Yakushev's chin!
02:26 Yakushev was stopped cold by that blow!
02:35 Mr Miller is covering up to prevent body shots, but he's leaving his chin dangerously unprotected!
02:46 Mr Miller just delivered a wake-up call!!! He hurt Yakushev with a sharp combination!
02:46 Yakushev is trying to regroup after those punches...
02:55 Yakushev doesn't have to look for Miller this round. He is right there in front of him.
03:00 Mr Miller is stalking his opponent.
03:00 The place is rocking as a great round of boxing comes to an end. Most of the crowd is standing, cheering loudly for both men.

Round 3
Time Commentary
0:00 The bell sounds to start Round 3.
0:08 Paddy Flood is just telling Alexander Yakushev the obvious: throw more punches, move your head, step it up. That's not going to help much!
0:13 Miller is moving his head and shoulders side to side, but his feet are not going anywhere, giving Yakushev a decent target to shoot for.
0:18 The two fighters lean on one another. Their arms are free and they should be throwing punches. Now they separate and the action resumes.
0:22 Alexander Yakushev slides into the corner...
0:27 Miller lands a strong jab!
0:27 Yakushev was stopped cold by that punch!
0:36 As high as Alexander Yakushev is holding his gloves he is leaving his body wide open to a damaging body punch if Mr Miller takes advantage of it.
0:42 There's a pause in the action as both fighters regroup.
0:50 Yakushev has freed himself from Miller. They move quickly to ring center.
0:55 Yakushev tries to push Miller back in an attempt to gain room to punch.
0:59 Miller fires the jab. It finds its target.
01:13 Miller fires a volley of punches but Yakushev was already moving laterally and was out of harm's way by the time Miller started punching.
01:20 Miller moves into a neutral corner.
01:25 Yakushev scores with a winging right! Miller's head turned halfway round with that punch!
01:25 Miller is trying to regroup after that punch...
01:34 He moves into the far left corner.
01:39 Miller lands a smashing jab!
01:39 Yakushev suddenly has a vacant look in his eyes. That's a bad sign.
01:48 Both fighters ought to be using their jabs more to set up their other punches this round.
01:50 They are keeping their distance for the moment.
01:58 Miller catches Yakushev coming in with a sweet uppercut!
01:58 Mercy! Mr Miller just landed a crushing uppercut! It was absolutely obscene! Yakushev is trying to hang on…
02:11 Miller is challenging Yakushev to fight him and quit clinching.
02:20 Miller must have a lot of friends here tonight because a section of the crowd is going crazy even when he feints!
02:28 The two men continue to measure one another.
02:34 Yakushev lets his hands go again and gets in several scoring blows.
02:43 It is a good boxing crowd tonight. They know the game and are reacting to every good punch that lands.
02:55 Yakushev just landed a three punch combo!
02:55 Miller is going to need to regroup after that series of blows...
03:00 There's a nice round of applause from the crowd as the round comes to an end.

Round 4
Time Commentary
0:00 We have reached the halfway point of the fight as Round 4 begins.
0:08 Paddy Flood seemed agitated with Yakushev, who stared at his shoes almost the entire minute.
0:13 Yakushev grabs Miller. Too much of this kind of thing can have a negative affect on the scoring of the fight. Cotton is shouting at Yakushev to break!
0:17 Both of these guys look just like they came out of their dressing rooms - not a mark on them.
0:23 Miller is blocked in his own corner...
0:27 It's a sweet uppercut by Yakushev! He snapped Miller's head straight back with that punch!
0:27 Miller is going to need to regroup after that blow...
0:37 Miller just said something to the referee. I'm not sure if he was angry about something or just making a comment.
0:40 Yakushev slides into a neutral corner...
0:45 Cotton has to pull the fighters away from each other as Miller locks up Yakushev's arms.
0:58 The two fighters lean on one another, neither willing to do any work for the moment. The referee pushes them apart and tells them to get on with the action.
01:05 Miller pins Yakushev's arms. Now they move apart. Referee Cotton steps in to break it up.
01:19 Yakushev's corner is shouting to their man, encouraging him to pick up the action.
01:27 Oh! That was a straight right by Mr Miller!
01:27 That punch may have stunned him momentarily.
01:41 Miller fires a shot, but it glances off Alexander Yakushev's shoulder.
01:48 Yakushev lands a devastating uppercut!
01:48 He caught Miller's attention with that uppercut.
01:57 The fighters are jockeying for position as both men try to gain the advantage here in the 4th.
02:04 Yakushev drives that short hook into Mr Miller's midsection!
02:04 Miller was stopped in his tracks by that shot…
02:18 There's a straight right by Yakushev!
02:18 Miller takes a step back…
02:31 Yakushev cuts loose with a combination and the crowd roars, but the truth is none of those punches landed. They were either slipped or blocked, or simply missed the mark.
02:42 Yakushev has been watching too much wrestling. He's clinching. Cotton separates the two...
03:00 Yakushev lands a hard uppercut!
03:00 Miller looks hurt... He's stumbling backward!
03:00 There's the bell. Yakushev wings a parting shot that misses. That was close. Round 4 is history.

Round 5
Time Commentary
0:00 Both fighters look ready to go as Round 5 begins.
0:05 The crowd is reacting to every punch thrown by these guys, whether it lands or not.
0:10 Both fighters take a half-step back.
0:18 Yakushev pins Miller's arms against his body stopping him from throwing any punches. Cotton has to break the clinch.
0:33 No blood, no bruises and no swelling; you wouldn't know that these guys have already fought 5 rounds.
0:42 Mr Miller misses. He had an opening and whiffed with the punch.
0:49 There's a hard shot off the top of Miller's head!
0:49 Miller was shaken by that blow!
0:54 Mr Miller is running out of gas...
0:58 Miller pushes Yakushev away to give himself a little more space to work with.
01:05 Mr Miller has his arms wrapped around Yakushev... Now they separate. Miller pushes Yakushev away.
01:15 Cotton is earning his pay tonight. He is spending half his time separating the fighters or yelling at them to fight.
01:18 If Yakushev stays on the inside, he'd better keep busy. There he lands a short, crisp uppercut that scored big.
01:26 Both fighters sneak a breather as they clinch. Now they move apart.
01:35 Mr Miller is off target with that punch.
01:37 Yakushev lands two solid jabs that snap back the head of Miller.
01:46 Miller backs into a neutral corner.
01:51 Alexander Yakushev traps Miller's gloves under his arms. He won't let go until Cotton breaks it up.
02:04 Miller frees himself from Yakushev's clutches! They move to ring center now.
02:14 Miller lands a smashing combination!
02:14 What a beautiful combination! Yakushev might not survive this…
02:28 Miller lands a solid combination!
02:28 Yakushev seems to be regrouping after those blows...
02:41 Both fighters are holding here. It's a tangle of arms and Cotton is going to have to sort this out. Mr Miller shoves Yakushev away.
02:54 Both fighters seem willing to clinch... Someone's got to throw some leather... Miller and Yakushev each take a step back.
03:00 Miller fails to connect with that punch. He pushed it out there instead of cutting loose with it.
03:00 The crowd shows their appreciation for the efforts of both fighters as the two warriors make their way to their respective corners.

Round 6
Time Commentary
0:00 Miller didn't sit in the corner between rounds and he comes out quickly to begin Round 6.
0:06 Miller got quite a pep talk in his corner; we'll see if George Benton's instructions work.
0:11 Miller leaves the jab just short.
0:18 It's a sweet uppercut by Yakushev! He snapped Miller's head straight back with that punch!
0:18 Miller is regrouping after that punch...
0:23 Miller is fatigued. That's going to make him more susceptible to a knockdown.
0:32 Alexander Yakushev wraps up Miller. They separate themselves.
0:48 Miller's corner is shouting at him to be more aggressive. He seems to hear but it remains to be seen if he'll follow the advice.
0:56 Miller fires and misses.
01:03 He lands a crushing uppercut!
01:03 Miller seems to have been hurt by that punch!
01:11 Both fighters are staying cautious, and keeping out of range.
01:19 Miller throws a leaping shot that fails to hit the target.
01:26 Both fighters are working the angles, looking to get the upper hand in this contest.
01:29 Yakushev has Mr Miller trapped in the upper neutral corner...
01:33 Cotton yells at the fighters to separate but Alexander Yakushev and Mr Miller are a tangle of arms. Now they break clean.
01:42 Mr Miller is trying to find his timing. Punches that were finding the mark before are missing now.
01:46 Alexander Yakushev seems really focused on what he's doing this round.
01:53 Miller is getting frustrated as Yakushev continues to hold on to him. Mr Miller is punching Yakushev's head, trying to break his hold. Finally, Cotton pushes the fighters apart.
02:02 The two men are circling one another, looking for an opening.
02:05 Yakushev has Miller trapped!
02:05 Upstairs and downstairs! Yakushev lands two quick blows and then moves away from Mr Miller's counters.
02:14 Yakushev shoots the jab. He doubles up on it and the second one carried some power with it.
02:23 The two fighters lean on one another. Their arms are free and they should be throwing punches. Now they separate and the action resumes.
02:26 There's a pause in the action as both fighters regroup.
02:29 Both boxers are in the middle of the squared circle.
02:29 There's a lead right hand that finds its mark. That can be a dangerous punch. Miller better be careful when he throws that one.
02:42 Yakushev doubled up on the hook. Did you see the water fly off Miller's head?
02:42 Mr Miller looks shaken!
02:52 Alexander Yakushev has a real weapon in his power jab; he should use it more.
03:00 The bell sounds ending Round 6.

Round 7
Time Commentary
0:00 As we enter the last two rounds of action, it appears as if Mr Miller is going to need a knockdown to win this fight.
0:08 Mr Miller's corner men did their job with quiet efficiency and confidence.
0:09 Miller has been throwing the uppercut and scoring with it all night as he lands yet another short punch inside.
0:19 Miller connects with an uppercut. He can make good use of that punch if he can continue to get inside.
0:27 Both fighters need to close the distance between them.
0:35 Miller doesn't connect with the cross.
0:42 He scores with a tremendous left!
0:42 That's the shot he hoped to land! Mr Miller looks bad after that blow!
0:42 Cotton is halting the fight and warning Yakushev for using an open glove. Yakushev is pleading his case but to no avail.
0:50 Miller backs into the upper corner.
0:55 Alexander Yakushev throws a flurry of punches but Miller either blocks or slips them.
01:01 Miller retreats into his own corner...
01:06 Yakushev charges in but Miller avoids the rush.
01:14 Yakushev just misses with a huge shot as Miller chooses the perfect time to suddenly backpedal.
01:25 Yakushev is jockeying for position as he tries to force Miller back into the corner.
01:30 Yakushev pops a jab home. That punch didn't hurt but it still scored points.
01:30 Miller was stopped cold by that punch! Alexander Yakushev has a reputation as a great finisher. Let's see if he can live up to it!
01:38 Yakushev tries the overhand right. It lands high on the temple of Miller.
01:38 Alexander Yakushev has hurt Mr Miller very early in the round. Miller is going to have to call on all his tricks to survive with this much time to go.
01:52 Yakushev misses with that punch.
02:07 That punch caught Mr Miller clean. He brings his arms up in a defensive posture. Now he pitches forward! Miller goes down after a delayed reaction to the hook by Yakushev!
02:10 Cotton stands over Miller and starts the count...
02:10 1...
02:11 2...
02:12 3...
02:13 4...
02:14 5...
02:15 6...
02:16 7...
02:17 8...
02:17 Miller finds his legs and stands up but who knows how long he will be able to remain vertical!
02:17 Cotton is allowing the fight to continue. Miller looks real shaken to us, however.
02:17 Yakushev has Mr Miller hurt but is there enough time left for him to finish the job?
02:26 Alexander Yakushev lands a right cross but Mr Miller turned with it, diluting some of its power.
02:26 Yakushev is going to let it all hang out and try to end this fight right here and now!
02:35 Yakushev has Miller blocked in!
02:40 Yakushev ties up Mr Miller. Cotton separates them.
02:58 Yakushev muscles his way inside.
03:00 He seems to have done enough to win this fight.
03:00 The bell sounded, ending the round but it’s a wonder the referee and the fighters could hear it over the noise being made by the crowd. That knockdown really pumped up the spectators here tonight.

Round 8
Time Commentary
0:00 We go to the last round, as the bell sounds to start the 8th.
0:12 Both fighters take a half-step back.
0:20 Yakushev doesn't look all that graceful but he moves fairly well in the ring.
0:29 He lands a crushing combination!
0:29 Alexander Yakushev appears shaken by those punches!
0:38 Miller's left eye is badly swollen.
0:48 Mr Miller is smothered in a barrage of punches! He's down!!!
0:50 Cotton stands over Miller and begins the count...
0:50 1...
0:51 2...
0:52 3...
0:52 Mr Miller is up and leaning on the ropes. Now he comes off them and looks toward Alexander Yakushev.
0:52 Cotton waves the two fighters together.
0:52 Yakushev takes a long look at Miller to see if he's playing possum. Yakushev is starting to pour it on so he must believe that he's really hurt Miller.
0:52 Blood is coming from a gash under Miller's right eye. Hopefully it looks worse than it really is.
01:05 It's a sweet uppercut by Yakushev! He snapped Miller's head straight back with that punch!
01:05 Miller is suddenly in trouble!
01:19 OH! Yakushev landed the big hook flush!
01:19 Mr Miller appears to be stunned!
01:32 Yakushev grabs Miller's head, pulls it down, into his chest. Cotton has to force Yakushev to let go.
01:45 Yakushev has Miller blocked in!
01:50 Yakushev forces his way inside.
01:50 There's no doubt about it. That knockdowns last round and this round has had an effect on Miller.
01:58 Yakushev bounces Miller back as he drives his shoulder into him. That's probably not legal but, hey, if you can get away with it!
02:02 Miller retreats into the upper corner.
02:07 Miller smothers Yakushev's attack as Yakushev tries to get off some shots inside.
02:18 Alexander Yakushev throws a crushing right to Miller's jaw!
02:18 Miller's knee almost touched the canvas…
02:31 Yakushev is holding on to Miller. He seems to be taking a breather. Cotton moves them apart.
02:40 Yakushev seems really focused on what he's doing this round.
02:43 Miller traps Yakushev in the corner!
02:43 Miller lands a double left, one to the head and one to the body.
02:57 Yakushev lands a devastating jab!
02:57 That blow connected solidly to the head of Miller.
03:00 Yakushev seems to have done enough to win this fight.
03:00 That's it. This fight has gone the distance and now we'll await the official decision.

Fight Result

Here's Don Dunphy with the call…

Ladies and Gentlemen, the judges have tallied their scorecards and here is your decision…

Luis Rivera, USA scores the bout 78 to 72.

Brad Vocale, Australia scores the bout 79 to 71.

Massimo Barrovecchio, Italy scores the bout 78 to 73.

The winner by unanimous decision is Alexander Yakushev!

Old 03-31-2004, 01:17 AM   #193
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry about that. I lost the entire write up of the KGB/Miller fight, and didn't really feel like retyping it.

I posted the bout log above, but here is the real quick recap

The fight was even through 4, but then KGB took over and knocked Miller down a couple of times, and easily won on the cards by a unanimous decision.

Old 03-31-2004, 01:24 AM   #194
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'm in a main event. Yikes, that's a lot of pressure for 2 winless fighters to perform under.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:51 AM   #195
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Damn jabbers.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:47 AM   #196
Kevin
High School JV

Post-fight press conference of Yakushev.

"OK, Miller is tough guy. He earn my respect. It was good tune-up. KGB is ready for contender status fight. Felix Derzhinsky would be proud."
Old 03-31-2004, 07:54 AM   #197
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Too bad you didn't show up Babson, I would've enjoyed a fight with ya. But tell you what, I'm letting Marmel know that I will fight anyone, anywhere. I got something to prove, and that's I, ONCE again, will be the FOFC Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Believe that.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:56 AM   #198
Blade
College Prospect

Ouch...tough loss...I need to get winning again fast!

Old 03-31-2004, 09:33 AM   #199
MikeVic
Head Coach

Post-Match Interview with Mr Miller:

"What bullshit! I come out looking for a fight, and I get the master of clinching, KGB! Yeah, sure, he has some power behind those punches, but he was hugging me the whole match! Look, sissy, I'm not your momma, nor your mother country. "Hugs" Yakushev, some day down the road I'll want a re-match... but only if you've learned to fight like a man. Right now, however, I think it's best for my career to fight a fighter. Is there anyone out there in boxing and that accepts my open challenge??"
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:45 AM   #200
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Bear, I admit I'm a bit puzzled by this past crappy fight. I thought I could knock the snot out of Komelink, but that kid just wouldn't stand still. I'm not sure I've got the fancy dance moves needed to get to the highest levels, but I'm gonna inflict pain on those who take me lightly.