Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-26-2007, 06:29 PM   #151
Coop
High School JV

I still dont knwo what to think about Tigh being a cylon. I'm willing to give RDM time to explain it but it's going to be a long wait. BTW, I still have my doubts that Starbuck is still alive. I'm thinking she is going to be a Head-Starbuck like Head-Six, Head-Baltar,etc.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:32 PM   #152
Easy Mac

But didn't they pick up an unidentified raptor on the radar? That wouldn't really fit if she was in Lee's head. Or was the unidentified one Lee? I know they asked who shot out of tube 3, but I'm pretty sure they would still know it was their own bird, and it wouldn't show as unknown.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #153
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
But didn't they pick up an unidentified raptor on the radar? That wouldn't really fit if she was in Lee's head. Or was the unidentified one Lee? I know they asked who shot out of tube 3, but I'm pretty sure they would still know it was their own bird, and it wouldn't show as unknown.

I took it as Helo wanting to know who was in Viper 3 since Lee resigned and should not have been flying it.

I agree with Coop about the head-Starbuck. Lee seemed to be the only one to see that unidentified ship on dradis.

Fire Ron Lee.

Last edited by TazFTW : 03-26-2007 at 06:51 PM.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #154
Coop
High School JV

Lee identified himself as Viper 3 IIRC
Old 03-26-2007, 06:58 PM   #155
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
I took it as Helo wanting to know who was in Viper 3 since Lee resigned and should not have been flying it.

I agree with Coop about the head-Starbuck. Lee seemed to be the only one to see that unidentified ship on dradis.

I could have sworn the unidentified raptor showed up on the main dradis in galactica.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #156
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post

Yep.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #157
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

After the scene with Helo asking about it. Lee identified himself as Viper 3 when he decided to take a look at the unidentified contact.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:26 PM   #158
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Just watched the show...

Still a bit stunned, but 2008? Bastards.

I was hoping they'd reveal at least 1 cyclon, but 4? Nice. Tigh, though he did bitch a little about his predicament, took the news rathly calmly. You'd think that this revelation would be a bit overwhelming. They all kind of seemed shocked, but also not. (tyrol probably really pissed he had to ditch Sharon! )

All in all, I think it was a good season ender.

At first I thought the trial was a waste of the show but Lee's speech really turned it around for me. The actor playing the lawyer was awesome (He played a great character on Firefly as well) and it was good to see Baltar swing right back into the "what about me?" shit. Baltar is a great character.

This may not have redeemed what was a pretty mediocre season, but it made me anxious again for next season which I guess is what it's all about.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #159
Coop
High School JV

Lee's speech was unbelievable, one of the best in the whole series. He nailed alot of things I was thinking about like Roslin's pardon to everyone, Baltar as the scapegoat,etc. Tigh reaction was also great "Whatever else I am, I'm an officer in the Colonial fleet and if I die today, that's the man I'll be." it sent shivers down my spine. Michael Hogan is such a good actor.

My only problem with the Cylon revelation is Tori, I don't like her at all. It makes you wonder though, if the actor who played Billy signed his contract if he would have been a Cylon.

Last edited by Coop : 03-26-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #160
Easy Mac

Quote:
Lee's speech was unbelievable, one of the best in the whole series. He nailed alot of things I was thinking about like Roslin's pardon to everyone, Baltar as the scapegoat,etc. Tigh reaction was also great "Whatever else I am, I'm an officer in the Colonial fleet and if I die today, that's the man I'll be." it sent shivers down my spine. Michael Hogan is such a good actor.

My only problem with the Cylon revelation is Tori, I don't like her at all. It makes you wonder though, if the actor who played Billy signed his contract if he would have been a Cylon.

I wonder if there would be a Lee and Dee if he signed his contract. I was disappointed it was Anders, I've always liked him.

Question though, lets say, for argument, that Kara is the fifth cylon. Wouldn't they have noticed that when they had her in the Baby facility?
Old 03-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #161
Bonegavel

Quote:
I wonder if there would be a Lee and Dee if he signed his contract. I was disappointed it was Anders, I've always liked him.

I'm not sure that them being the remaining 5 is bad. They could wind up being like the good Sharon (for whatever reason).

Quote:
Question though, lets say, for argument, that Kara is the fifth cylon. Wouldn't they have noticed that when they had her in the Baby facility?

Good point.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:09 PM   #162
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
Good point.

It could be that in order to give this particular Cylon the deepest possible cover and plausible deniability, they just convinced her they were going to do something to her. They didn't need to "awaken" her at that point.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #163
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I haven't seen the episode yet, but obviously I've seen spoilers. I'm a bit miffed at what I've seen thus far, since it seemed as though there was a discussion early on from Moore that the humanoid models were only about 20 years old, so any character with a history longer than that was presumed to be safe. Tigh sure doesn't seem to fit that the description, since his history with Adama appeared to back further than that.

As for the fifth, you have to presume that it's a shocker who it will be. But surely it can't be one of the Adamas, since their family history goes back much further. Starbuck is certainly a choice.

But I'm thinking Roslyn is the most logical choice, since her being cylon would fulfill prophecies on both sides. The fact that her cancer was initially cured by Cylon genetics is curious. But her being Cylon would connect the humans and the cylons in a most curious way.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #164
Thomkal
Head Coach

It just sucks that we will have to wait for close to a year for new episodes. Kills any momentum the last couple episodes started.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #165
Bad-example
College Starter

Still a reluctant viewer here. The court room scenes were particularly rough because the actors looked like complete idiots dressed in business suits. I have no problem waiting until next year for more episodes. I keep hoping this show will get better and it only just manages to keep my attention.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:25 AM   #166
Bonegavel

I was sucked in from the Mini Series and have stuck with it. This season has been the weakest, for sure, but I still like it better than almost anything else out there (keep in mind, I don't have HBOs or whatnot).

Old 03-29-2007, 08:27 AM   #167
SFL Cat
College Starter

Everyone is a Cylon.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:57 PM   #168
G-Man
High School JV

Thumbs down BSG was my absolute favorite show "hands down" until.....

The 90 minute season 2 finale when President Baltar puts his head down to rest and the lifts it up and the message on the screen says one year later!!

First of all I did not agree with them landing on the planet and establishing New Caprica. I was so relieved when they left, this series was built on the "exodus" from Caprica and fleeing the Cylons while searching for Earth.

Secondly to have followed the show from day one and then have an entire year skipped!!

Season three IMHO has been too slow and somewhat out of character compared to the other seasons. The Season Finale did help make this season better but they have a ways to go to reach the "heights" that they had attained IMHO, in seasons one and two.

I do trust Ron and Dave to bring us an amazing season 4, but to have to wait for 8 months or more......very disappointing!

Sorry but I have to say that BSG, IMO, has dropped behind 24, Lost and Smallville is gaining quickly (especially if they ever rid the show of Lana)!

So to recap: Season three was a let down, and 53 episodes total, in over 3 years (compared with 72 for 24!!), is too few to keep the continuity of the story fresh.....

Last edited by G-Man : 03-29-2007 at 04:00 PM. Reason: spelling
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #169
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
The 90 minute season 2 finale when President Baltar puts his head down to rest and the lifts it up and the message on the screen says one year later!!

First of all I did not agree with them landing on the planet and establishing New Caprica. I was so relieved when they left, this series was built on the "exodus" from Caprica and fleeing the Cylons while searching for Earth.

Secondly to have followed the show from day one and then have an entire year skipped!!

Season three IMHO has been too slow and somewhat out of character compared to the other seasons. The Season Finale did help make this season better but they have a ways to go to reach the "heights" that they had attained IMHO, in seasons one and two.

I do trust Ron and Dave to bring us an amazing season 4, but to have to wait for 8 months or more......very disappointing!

Sorry but I have to say that BSG, IMO, has dropped behind 24, Lost and Smallville is gaining quickly (especially if they ever rid the show of Lana)!

So to recap: Season three was a let down, and 53 episodes total, in over 3 years (compared with 72 for 24!!), is too few to keep the continuity of the story fresh.....

To be fair, Lost is at about an episode a day pace.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:02 PM   #170
G-Man
High School JV

Question Hehn??

Quote:
To be fair, Lost is at about an episode a day pace.

You mean they are gonna have 365 episodes per year??

Just kidding but I think I get your point, though 24 is at an episode per hour
Old 03-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #171
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
It just sucks that we will have to wait for close to a year for new episodes. Kills any momentum the last couple episodes started.

FYI, Ron Moore has said that there will be a TV Movie released in the fall detailing the backstory of the Battlestar Pegasus. Linky: (but be warned, at the bottom of the link are some spoilers [which, I'm guessing, are no longer really spoilers, but still...]):

hxxp://tv.ign.com/articles/775/775794p1.html

Last edited by Fonzie : 03-30-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #172
G-Man
High School JV

Thumbs up Yes I heard and read all about the 2 hour mid break movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
FYI, Ron Moore has said that there will be a TV Movie released in the fall detailing the backstory of the Battlestar Pegasus. Linky: (but be warned, at the bottom of the link are some spoilers [which, I'm guessing, are no longer really spoilers, but still...]):

I am pleased by this but still these 7-8 month breaks are killers. I hope that the 4th season which is now supposed to be 22 episodes wraps up the series as Ron has alluded to being a definite possibility. Otherwise I fear that the quality of the show may continue to degrade ruining what was once an outstanding story/series.

Last edited by G-Man : 04-02-2007 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-30-2007, 01:57 PM   #173
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post

Ooh thanks for that Fonzie. At least I'll get a little some'in for my Battlestar fix in the next few months. Be interesting to see the backstory of the Pegasus I suppose.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #174
Kodos
Resident Alien

I agree that this has been the weakest season. I loved the Exodus episodes, and the virus episode was good, but generally it hasn't been up to snuff. The finale was good, and Lee's speech was good in court.

It's gonna be a long wait...

Last edited by Kodos : 04-02-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #175
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Finally just got caught up... i was pretty "meh" about this whole season. It want from what I would say if the best Sci-Fi (movie or TV) ever, to a decent show this season.

I hope season 4 is in fact the final season, and I hope they wrap it up well.

And I'm sorry, but "All Along The Watchtower" really took me out of the world of the show.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #176
G-Man
High School JV

Say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
Finally just got caught up... i was pretty "meh" about this whole season. It want from what I would say if the best Sci-Fi (movie or TV) ever, to a decent show this season.

I hope season 4 is in fact the final season, and I hope they wrap it up well.

And I'm sorry, but "All Along The Watchtower" really took me out of the world of the show.

All Along The Watchtower???
Old 05-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #177
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
All Along The Watchtower???

Did you see the final episode? The song they were all hearing was "All Along The Watchtower" written by Bob Dylan, made more famous by Jimi Hendrix. It really took me out of the world they'd built.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #178
G-Man
High School JV

Ahhh...

Quote:
Did you see the final episode? The song they were all hearing was "All Along The Watchtower" written by Bob Dylan, made more famous by Jimi Hendrix. It really took me out of the world they'd built.

I agree with the thought though I didn't understand the reference because I wa snever a fan of Dylan or Hendrix. Yeah I know sacrilege! I was more into music like the Mamas and the Papas and the like. Then in the 70's I liked America, the Eagles, The Bee Gees, Manilow, Neal Diamond and so on.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #179
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

Yep. The cover though, was awesomely done. Too bad it was just utterly out of place.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #180
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Yep. The cover though, was awesomely done. Too bad it was just utterly out of place.

Why is it out of place?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:57 AM   #181
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
Why is it out of place?

Because they aren't from earth and have never been there? That's my simplest answer.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #182
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Because they aren't from earth and have never been there? That's my simplest answer.

Precisely.

*All* they had to do was come up with an original tune, and it would have been zero issue.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #183
Bonegavel

But isn't it that they are receiving transmissions from Earth? (so it isn't so out-of-place in that context)

I mean, we have no idea what the year is on Earth at the time of the show, but it seems that it would have to at least be after the time the song was created and broadcast for them to have received the signal. I say this because some have speculated that they are at least 30-some light years from Earth because of the time it would take for the radio waves to reach out into space.

I can't imagine they would throw something in so blatant and not have it be purposeful in a "not goofy" way.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #184
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
But isn't it that they are receiving transmissions from Earth? (so it isn't so out-of-place in that context)

I mean, we have no idea what the year is on Earth at the time of the show, but it seems that it would have to at least be after the time the song was created and broadcast for them to have received the signal. I say this because some have speculated that they are at least 30-some light years from Earth because of the time it would take for the radio waves to reach out into space.

I can't imagine they would throw something in so blatant and not have it be purposeful in a "not goofy" way.

Of course, then you'd have to wonder why this particular song. While it is from a movie, "Contact" suggested the first radio broadcast that successfully left the Earth was the Berlin Games opening ceremony in 1936. Therefore, that'd put about 30 years' worth of possible radio broadcasts before "All Along the Watchtower", not to mention "AAtW" wouldn't be the only broadcast playing at the time. If the Cylons and the Colonials have never heard the song before, why does it trigger an activation cue in the Cylons and not any other? Also, if it were a radio signal, how come it's not being picked up by the Colonials? Too primitive? Too far into the background noise of space?
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #185
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:

I totally disagree, and I'd suggest listening to Ronald Moore's podcast commentary about the episode. It sounds like 100% entirely just some idea he had that he'd always wanted to work into a show. He even admitted to trying to do it on a past show he worked on, but no one would buy into it.

On a show level, what I think he was going for is something like "somehow through the strange ways of creation, this same song got written in an entirely different universe."

I just think he was trying to do something kind of cool or interesting, finding an interesting way of showing the revelation of the 4 Cylons... but i just don't think it worked. Even if it's just on some gut level, it just didn't sit right with me. Not a deal-breaker or "worst episode ever" or anything, but just sort of a "come on... really? did we need to do that?"

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 05-08-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 PM   #186
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
I totally disagree, and I'd suggest listening to Ronald Moore's podcast commentary about the episode. It sounds like 100% entirely just some idea he had that he'd always wanted to work into a show. He even admitted to trying to do it on a past show he worked on, but no one would buy into it.

On a show level, what I think he was going for is something like "somehow through the strange ways of creation, this same song got written in an entirely different universe."

I just think he was trying to do something kind of cool or interesting, finding an interesting way of showing the revelation of the 4 Cylons... but i just don't think it worked. Even if it's just on some gut level, it just didn't sit right with me. Not a deal-breaker or "worst episode ever" or anything, but just sort of a "come on... really? did we need to do that?"

This is possible, and I'd heard about him wanting to work it into the show, but from a director's point of view it just doesn't make any sense in a genre where EVERYTHING has to have a viable explanation. If his sole intention was to work a "neat" song into the plot, he risks alienating a large segment of his geeky audience.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #187
G-Man
High School JV

I would liek to see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
This is possible, and I'd heard about him wanting to work it into the show, but from a director's point of view it just doesn't make any sense in a genre where EVERYTHING has to have a viable explanation. If his sole intention was to work a "neat" song into the plot, he risks alienating a large segment of his geeky audience.

BSG creators come out with a statement much like Lost's creators just did. That is to say that BSG will be completed in season 4 or 5 and there are 22 or 44 episodes left.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:17 PM   #188
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
BSG creators come out with a statement much like Lost's creators just did. That is to say that BSG will be completed in season 4 or 5 and there are 22 or 44 episodes left.

Edward James Olmos announced that season 4 is the final season. I wish the show would continue longer but with some of the creators and Kate Sackhoff(Starbuck) moving onto Bionic Woman, on NBC, it seemed natural to end this season.

Link

He also discusses the 2 hour movie thats scheduled to appear this fall.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #189
Easy Mac

I'm shocked it was renewed with the ratings
Old 05-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #190
G-Man
High School JV

Exclamation I also will miss it but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshogg23 View Post
Edward James Olmos announced that season 4 is the final season. I wish the show would continue longer but with some of the creators and Kate Sackhoff(Starbuck) moving onto Bionic Woman, on NBC, it seemed natural to end this season.

Link

He also discusses the 2 hour movie thats scheduled to appear this fall.

I am glad that they have a plan to end it and I just hope that seaosn 4 lives up to the standards set by seasons 1 and 2!!

Last edited by G-Man : 05-11-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:35 PM   #191
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Producer David Eick denies that the show is ending after season 4. Katee Sackhoff had confirmed with Edward James Olmos that the show was ending. A bit confusing what the future is going to be.

Link
Old 05-12-2007, 02:52 PM   #192
G-Man
High School JV

Curious...but I'll still watch
Old 06-02-2007, 09:23 PM   #193
amdaily
College Prospect

Finished... http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-ba...v-mainheadline

Last edited by amdaily : 06-02-2007 at 09:24 PM.
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:20 PM   #194
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Interesting and it seems that Moore and Eick wanted to do it so the audience doesn't get jerked around (a la Lost, I've heard), especially considering Sci-Fi was dissapointed it wasn't coming back after a 4th season.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #195
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm still catching up on this series thanks to Katrina and I'm just about done watching the DVD of the 2nd half of the 2nd season. When is the 3rd season DVD supposed to be out? When does Season 4 start airing on TV?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #196
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm still catching up on this series thanks to Katrina and I'm just about done watching the DVD of the 2nd half of the 2nd season. When is the 3rd season DVD supposed to be out? When does Season 4 start airing on TV?

Not sure about the DVD of season 3.

A two hour prequel about Battlestar Pegasus is scheduled to show in November. Originally a second two hour movie was to be released before season 4. Not sure if thats still the case or not. Either way, season 4 is back on Sci-Fi in January.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:30 PM   #197
StarBuck
H.S. Freshman Team

Hey! A thread on my favorite show!
Quote:
I still dont knwo what to think about Tigh being a cylon. I'm willing to give RDM time to explain it but it's going to be a long wait. BTW, I still have my doubts that Starbuck is still alive. I'm thinking she is going to be a Head-Starbuck like Head-Six, Head-Baltar,etc.

My first thought was I'm thinking they are not cylons but are hearing radio waves from Earth (Jimi Hendricks).Love Tigh, I think they are just confused by the radio waves they heard, but then I thought, it would make sense when #3 said "I'm so sorry" , if it was the XO, due to his eye and the torture.

If Chief was a Cylon wouldn't he be shooting blanks?

StarBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #198
Kodos
Resident Alien

Say, Starbuck... Are you dead or not?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:21 AM   #199
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Say, Starbuck... Can we have secks?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:53 PM   #200
StarBuck
H.S. Freshman Team

hehehe

I is a ghostie!

*lights a cigar* I'll lead you to the promised land, baby.

Last edited by StarBuck : 08-27-2007 at 02:54 PM.
StarBuck is offline   Reply With Quote