Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2003, 09:50 AM   #151
primelord
Pro Rookie

Chris and Joe I should be able to play both our games tonight.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:56 AM   #152
Kodos
Resident Alien

Fritz. Your e-mail box is apparently full. The answer to your question is it is basically a free win until we find a replacement.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 11:58 AM   #153
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
Fritz. Your e-mail box is apparently full. The answer to your question is it is basically a free win until we find a replacement.

But like you said I would be fine with letting the replacement if/when we find one go back and make up those games.
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 11:59 AM   #154
primelord
Pro Rookie

Dola,

Speaking of that Kodos you may want to put another note up at MaddenOnline.us since we haven't had much interest here.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:02 PM   #155
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
free win -woohoo, I get a win (even a short lived one)!
Old 02-13-2003, 12:07 PM   #156
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by primelord
Dola,

Speaking of that Kodos you may want to put another note up at MaddenOnline.us since we haven't had much interest here.

I put one up last week. No replies. I'll go bump it.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #157
burntorange2
n00b

hey, I will take over the Chargers,

let me know.

I can play anytime and love the str8 rules
no cheese is my life
I love huddling up and thinking
burntorange2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 12:35 PM   #158
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs up

We have a winner. BurntOrange, would you like to make up the games that the previous owner was given forfeits for? As of this Sunday, we will have completed Weeks 1 - 4, so there aren't too many games to make up. Also, do you have an AIM id or an email address that we can reach you at?
Old 02-13-2003, 12:43 PM   #159
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
do you take more than 35 seconds to think? If so I vote for you!
Old 02-13-2003, 12:44 PM   #160
Kodos
Resident Alien

On a side note: There goes my only win through 4 weeks of play.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:51 PM   #161
RainRaven
High School JV

I can play between 3:00 p.m and 4:00 p.m this afternoon as well as between 11:30 p.m and 1:00 a.m tonight. Eastern time of course so convert as needed
Old 02-13-2003, 12:53 PM   #162
Chris01
n00b

Good deal Primelord I'll see you tonight then. Drop a line and tell me where you want to meet and play our game.

RainRaven are you there?
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 01:03 PM   #163
BooksV11
n00b

Need a player for San Diago?

I read you needed aplayer for San Diago. I'm str8, no cheese, and might just win it all if ya let me play. My email is [email protected]. Thanks.
BooksV11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 01:22 PM   #164
Kodos
Resident Alien

Smile

Thanks Books. BurntOrange beat you to the punch, but if another team becomes available, I will send you an e-mail and see if you are still interested.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:28 PM   #165
Chris01
n00b

Wanna get our game taken care of RainRaven it's 11:30pst here right now so 2:30 there. How about in a half an hour?
Old 02-13-2003, 01:49 PM   #166
RainRaven
High School JV

Sure, that would work out great I need a nice relaxing game, I have been busy the last acouple days between work, school and a job fair (to hopefully get a better part time job then i have now)
Old 02-13-2003, 02:03 PM   #167
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

What is it with the FML and cheese?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 02:46 PM   #168
Kodos
Resident Alien

I prefer Velveeta myself...
Old 02-13-2003, 03:49 PM   #169
Chris01
n00b

Well RainRaven and I got our game in and for some reason the lag was terrible due to my dial-up. I was having a hard time even signing on so I don't know what the problem was today. Anyhow I'm sure the game would have been a much better game if not for the lag problem. Sorry about that RainRaven, and if you'd like we can play again.

Final Score Saints:31 Chiefs:0
Old 02-13-2003, 04:06 PM   #170
Vince
Pro Starter

RainRaven: Any chance you're still on? Looks like I've got about the worst timing in the world...I should be able to get in a game if you're ready right at 11:30, so I guess I'll plan on then...sound good?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 04:36 PM   #171
primelord
Pro Rookie

I am actually available to play right now if Chris or joegibbs are available.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:44 PM   #172
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Primelord, How does 10 est sound?
joegibbsjr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 09:20 PM   #173
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Primelord, Where you at?????
Old 02-13-2003, 09:26 PM   #174
Chuck127
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by RainRaven
I can play between 3:00 p.m and 4:00 p.m this afternoon as well as between 11:30 p.m and 1:00 a.m tonight. Eastern time of course so convert as needed

RAIN RAVEN
If you can still play tonight between 11:30pm and 1:00am tonight get back to me.......ill keep checkin this
Thanks

Last edited by Chuck127 : 02-13-2003 at 09:27 PM.
Chuck127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 10:08 PM   #175
Vince
Pro Starter

I don't play you for a while, do I Chuck? I'm open for a game starting about now, but I gotta go to work pretty soon, so I gotta start soon...
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:29 PM   #176
RainRaven
High School JV

I can play starting now
Old 02-13-2003, 10:31 PM   #177
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, how quick do you think we can be? Room FML, pass FOFC
Old 02-13-2003, 11:28 PM   #178
Chris01
n00b

Hey Primelord just looking to see if we're still on for our 10:00ish game.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:42 PM   #179
Vince
Pro Starter

Amazing game between myself and RainRaven...I'll leave the details to him, but after a Red Zone interception by Manning and a missed field goal by the chiefs, both in overtime, Vanderjagt hits a 42 yard FG with 0:25 on the clock in OT to win. Amazing game man

Colts: 27
Chiefs: 24

Sorry I had to bolt so quick buddy, I gotta get to work
Old 02-13-2003, 11:49 PM   #180
Chuck127
n00b

Rain Raven Im on madden right now if u got time to game!\

Ill wait a few, if your not there I know u didnt have time

Last edited by Chuck127 : 02-13-2003 at 11:51 PM.
Chuck127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 11:50 PM   #181
RainRaven
High School JV

This was the best game ever... the score does not do justice to eithier team because both teams deserved to win today. Even though with tonight's overtime game it did make me think of the system. Our overtime went to the final seconds to decide the winner but I think we should do something about a coin flip deciding the game outcome since a field goal is all it takes to win it then. I think if a game ends in one pocession only without the other team getting the ball we should restart the game and let the other team match it. I am not going to jump up and down for this and it may never be needed but I think it is something we should consider. questions? comments? flames?
Old 02-14-2003, 12:09 AM   #182
Chris01
n00b

Primelord. I'm gonna sign on to Madden right now, my Primary (my name for this league is FML saints) Madden name is BangedURgirl. So if you see me in one of the all-pro east/west rooms just let me know it's you and I'll switch to my league name and we'll play. Thanks Primelord.
Old 02-14-2003, 05:12 AM   #183
Vince
Pro Starter

I gotta agree with RainRaven...that was quite possibly the best game of Madden ever played. I'm very sorry that I couldn't stay to chat afterwards, but now that I'm off work I can give you an in-depth description...

Colts win the toss, elect to kick. Kansas City puts together an amazingly balanced drive, marches most of the field. After Priest runs for a few first downs, I switch from my stock 4-3 defense to a 4-6 to help contain Priest. Of course, this is when RainRaven decides to start slinging it with Trent Green. Now, Trent Green is definitely not the greatest QB in all of Madden, but he was getting it done on the first drive. Well, he gets to about the 30 and my defense decides to step to the plate and stop him. 4th and a few, he kicks the short field goal to go up 3-0.

I get a modest return on the kickoff, and start my first drive. After two short gains by Edge, I'm looking at a 3rd and about 7. Peyton drops back and hits Harrison crossing from right to left...he catches it, and stretches for the first down...not enough. 4th and inches from my own territory, I punt.

RainRaven continues to dominate on offense, and marches down the field. In the middle of a passing play, my phone rings and I accidentally pause it...but after the short confusion, RainRaven, unfazed, guns it to Tony Gonzalez in the deep corner of the endzone...touchdown! Quickly, I'm staring at a 10-0 deficit.

Well, at this point it's looking grim. I've got 8 yards of total offense, I'm down by about 5 minutes in time of possession and about 150 in total yards after two solid drives by RainRaven. My offense decides to start working. I take the length of the field and score my first touchdown of the day, 10-7.

RainRaven's offense takes the field looking to continue their dominance, while Peyton has had a little chit-chat with the D, and they look pumped...sure enough, within the first few plays, the Colts pick off Trent Green! Indianapolis ball inside the 50 with just over 2 minutes left in the half.

Edgerrin James proceeds to take over, as the Colts look to dominate the clock with all of their timeouts remaining. After a nice short drive, the Colts score with just over a minute remaining...RainRaven will have a chance to score. 14-10 Colts.

Taking over deep in his own territory, the Chiefs have about a minute left to march the length of the field. After an impressive drive (I believe the key play was a deep pass down the right side of the field to maybe Kennison), RainRaven caps it with a touchdown with only seconds remaining in the half. It will be a stunned Colts team entering the locker room at the half. 17-14 Chiefs.

With mere seconds remaining, Peyton drops back from his own 25...he hits his WR (Pathon? I am completely blanking right now) down the left side on an outside post! Gain of 30! Except for he stepped out of bounds . So with even less time left, Peyton drops back again...and gets sacked! The Colts suck it up and let the clock run out on the half. 17-14 Chiefs at the half.

Now, the second half I don't remember so well...there were a LOT more defensive stops. In the second half, my offense was working pretty well, and I seemed to learn how to stop Priest, which forced Trent to pass which is definitely the way to beat the Chiefs. However, I wasn't entirely able to capitalize on my efforts. Cut to late in the 4th quarter, where I have put up 10 more points, so it is 24-17 Colts. In the interim, RainRaven hooked a rather long field goal wide left. I'm sad to say that I don't remember most of the fourth quarter, as it was one of the best parts of the game IMO. Anyhow, he has the ball and there isn't much time left.

He starts his drive, and my defense ends up holding him to a third and long, like 7 or 8 yards...I line up in the Nickel package, and decide to blitz a linebacker, as my team has been playing pretty well as long as we get pressure on the QB (by the way, it's Collins now, Trent Green pulled his Bicep and ended up missing the end of the game. He pulls out a first down on third and long. Even so, I'm sitting pretty...time is running out, he's still a ways away...but he continues to march down the field. Finally, with about thirty seconds left, he launches one way down the left side of the field. My corner has been beaten by about half a step, but my safety is on his way over...it'll be close...TOUCHDOWN KC! Tie game after the extra point. 24-24 with under a minute remaining.

Hoping for nothing less than a touchdown kickoff return after that poor defensive effort, my returner can only get to the 25. We go for a couple plays, but can't get anywhere, and time expires. We go to OT.

The coin toss...and the Colts win the toss! Rejoicing on my end, as my roommates, now all glued to the tube, cheer. I take the ball, and I start with the stock running play that has been working all day, sweep right from the offset Strong I formation. KC's slow LBs can't keep up with Edge, and that play worked for a good 8 plus yards every time. We are absolutely manhandling the Chiefs D, and it looks like this game is a foregone conclusion. My roommates are stoked, I'm going to win, it's all good. I've done nothing but run the ball, and I'm at about the KC 30. I decide to keep running out of the I formation, and this time run a Play Action pass, hoping to score and be done with it. I tell my roommates "This is either a genius play call, or a really really stupid play call..." Fake hand off, he drops back...but there's no one open! The pocket is collapsing! He scrambles right...and instead of throwing it away, like a smart person, he tries to throw it to Harrison on a broken off route...but no dice, INTERCEPTION!

KC takes over, and proceeds to march down the field. Things are looking grim on the Colts end, as roommates are throwing shit at me while I feel stupid for blowing it. My D can't seem to contain RainRaven until he makes it inside the 40...then we stop him. He lines up for a 30-something yard fieldgoal from the left hash mark. I'm praying for a miracle, hoping that the last miss is on his mind...the snap is good, the kick is up...it's going to be close, it's maybe a foot inside the left post...and it HOOKS LEFT! He misses wide left again! All of Indianapolis and Vince's living room celebrate!

The Colts take over, and it's all Edge. He is running like a madman, and passes 200 yards rushing on the day as they march down the field. However, time has been running, and there isn't much time left. Vanderjagt, who was short by about a yard in the first quarter earlier from 52 yards, lines up for a 40 yarder with less than 30 seconds left. Game on the line, the snap is good, the kick is up...and it's GOOD! The Colts win 27-24 with a mere 20 seconds left!

Amazing game RainRaven...if I screwed up on any of the details, feel free to correct me. If only one more game this entire season is this good, this whole season will have been worth it!

Last edited by Vince : 02-14-2003 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:09 AM   #184
BigDPW
College Prospect

WOW that sounds like an amazing game... Kind of reminds me of me and the Bears game in Week 1... I look forward to playing Vince today in our Week 3 game but now it sounds like he is on a roll...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 07:31 AM   #185
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, I can't tell you what it's like to finish a shift at 3 in the morning, then argue with your girlfriend for two hours in the car culminating in a breakup on Valentine's day. Looks like I'm going to have a bit more time to play my game(s) tomorrow guys.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:30 AM   #186
primelord
Pro Rookie

Chris and joegibbs,

I'm sorry I didn't make it last night. I ended up feeling sick and went to bed pretty early. I actually stayed home today because of that so I can play our games today if you guys have time.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:47 AM   #187
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Hey Primelord, if we can get started by 12:45est this afternoon I can play, otherwise I wont be able to until after 11:30est tonight. I'll check back here in a few to see if you got this message.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:59 AM   #188
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by joegibbsjr.
Hey Primelord, if we can get started by 12:45est this afternoon I can play, otherwise I wont be able to until after 11:30est tonight. I'll check back here in a few to see if you got this message.

I can do that. So you want to start like 45 minutes from now?
Old 02-14-2003, 11:21 AM   #189
joegibbsjr.
n00b

How does right now sound?
Old 02-14-2003, 11:24 AM   #190
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Primelord, I'm going to get on madden and I'll be waiting in the fml room. See you in a few.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:52 AM   #191
primelord
Pro Rookie

joe,

I was a litle later than planned, but I am in the FMl room now if you are still available
Old 02-14-2003, 12:50 PM   #192
primelord
Pro Rookie

joegibbs and I managed to get our game in this afternoon.

Redskins - 21
Jets - 16

This was pretty tight contest. The Jets got a couple turnonvers early a jumped out to a 13-0 lead. However the Skins were able to score a TD with time running out in the first half to cut it to 13-7.

After that it was pretty much all Skins. I really wasn't able to get much going on offense. Joe's defense was shutting me down all game.

Good game joe!
Old 02-14-2003, 01:07 PM   #193
RainRaven
High School JV

Vince that was a much better summary then I could've remembered this afternoon I suck at field goals, ask Kodos, ask Vince... when my kicker is out there I have no chance... doesn't help that I don't have time at the moment to practice in madden with work and school always taking up time I could't stop that sweep right to save my life, I tryed zones, blitzes, the kitchen sink, falling frogs.. you get the point. My asses as linebackers rolled over and died on blocks. I might also point out that priest at some point in the game went out with a injury for a bit which forced me to pass a bit more. The one int in the game on my part was very stupid, Tony Gonalez (sp?) was double covered and I still threw the damn ball. It was an amazing game and I wish I had a recording of it... would've gotten great ratings on t.v.. I would hope Vince's buddies would agree on that one.

Sorry to hear about your breakup man, I hope you don't get too down on yourself and may you find a better fish in the vast ocean of life.

Last edited by RainRaven : 02-14-2003 at 01:08 PM.
RainRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 01:12 PM   #194
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Great Game Primlord!!!!! When you got up 13-0 I was more worried about getting shutout than I was winning the game. I couldnt do anything up until the last 2 minutes of the half. My running game was shut completely down the whole game, and early when I tried to pass, if I wasnt getting sacked or throwing ints my guys couldnt catch. I think that TD at the end of the half turned the whole game around. Once again, Great Game!!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 01:38 PM   #195
Chris01
n00b

PrimeLord I'm free right now if you're available to play. Sorry to hear about your terrible day/night Vince.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:12 PM   #196
Chris01
n00b

Primelord i'm gonna go do some V-day crap (i mean fun stuff) with my girl in about an hour or so but we'll be back home by about 10 or so. So if you wanna get a game in later this evening and are available just let me know.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:30 PM   #197
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here is the revised owner's list.

National Conference American Conference

Rtg Team Owner Rtg Team Owner

82 Jets Primelord 82 Patriots BigDPW
80 Bears Chuck127 80 Titans Raven
80 Broncos Kodos 80 Dolphins Fritz
78 Redskins JoeGibbsJr 78 Chargers burntorange2
78 Saints Chris01 76 Bills Doug5984
72 Chiefs RainRaven 76 Colts Vince

burnt's e-mail is [email protected], and he says he is ready to start playing and making up games this weekend.

Last edited by Kodos : 02-14-2003 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:41 PM   #198
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, it's no big deal on the breakup thing, it just sucks because it has nothing to do with feelings...maybe that's a stock response to justify breaking up with someone, but that's really how I feel...I'm just too busy with work and school and she can't handle that. That's what I get for dating a younger woman...sheesh, I'm sure you guys want to hear about this too

Anyhow, what really sucked is yesterday was an amazingly good day, other than that...My intramural basketball team absolutely plastered this other team (they didn't score in the first 15 minutes), I got to play one of the greatest Madden games ever, and I won , and I finally figured out what I am going to do for living arrangements for next year (which is huge because by this time in SB, if you're still looking, you're pretty much screwed. Then the GF has to start shit...

Anyhow, I'm supposed to play BigDPW today, I don't really remember what time we agreed upon, but I know it was a time that I was supposed to be home. So after my class this afternoon (I should be home a little before 5 PST), just ding me BigDPW, either here or on AIM (fantasybandit).
Old 02-14-2003, 07:18 PM   #199
Raven
College Prospect

WEEK 1

BILLS 10 at CHIEFS 23
DOLPHINS 14 at REDSKINS 17
BRONCOS 20 at CHARGERS 0 (forfeit)
PATRIOTS 20 at BEARS 17
JETS 38 at TITANS 27
COLTS 9 at SAINTS 31

WEEK 2

JETS 20 at CHARGERS 0 (forfeit)
BEARS 24 at DOLPHINS 10
CHIEFS 24 at COLTS 27
SAINTS 45 at BILLS 7
TITANS 17 at BRONCOS 13
REDSKINS 35 at PATRIOTS 14

WEEK 3

JETS 28 at SAINTS 34
*CHIEFS at BEARS
BRONCOS 8 at REDSKINS 29
*PATRIOTs at COLTS
*DOLPHINS at CHARGERS
TITANS 21 at BILLS 17

WEEK 4

SAINTS 31 at CHIEFS 0
BEARS 24 at BRONCOS 14
REDSKINS 21 at JETS 16
DOLPHINS 2 at TITANS 17
*CHARGERS at PATRIOTS
*BILLS at COLTS

WEEK 5

BRONCOS at SAINTS
CHIEFS at REDSKINS
BEARS at JETS
COLTS at DOLPHINS
BILLS at CHARGERS
TITANS at PATRIOTS

WEEK 6

JETS at CHIEFS
SAINTS at BEARS
REDSKINS at BRONCOS
CHARGERS at DOLPHINS
PATRIOTS at BILLS
TITANS 21 at COLTS 13

Last edited by Raven : 02-15-2003 at 08:23 PM.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 09:31 PM   #200
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris01
Primelord i'm gonna go do some V-day crap (i mean fun stuff) with my girl in about an hour or so but we'll be back home by about 10 or so. So if you wanna get a game in later this evening and are available just let me know.

I assume you mean 10 PST. That should be fine for me.