Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-24-2011, 03:49 AM   #151
Radii
Head Coach

Comic-Con 2011: Community blows the roof off again - HitFix.com

On his favorite moment(s) of the last season:

Quote:
• Pudi enjoyed the Dungeons & Dragons episode from a group standpoint, and Abed and Jeff in "My Dinner with Andre" as a personal highlight. ("I got to give a speech, two pages of dialogue, about pooping my pants on the set of 'Cougar Town,' and I can't believe I got to do that.")

<3 Abed.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #152
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post

This is awesome news.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #153
rowech
Pro Starter

Just watched the D&D episode. Loved it.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:28 AM   #154
Radii
Head Coach

If I wanted to run a monkey hotel I'd install a banana buffet.

Welcome Back Community!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #155
Comey
College Starter

So, so happy it's back. I am home sick, and will probably spend any waking hours watching Season 2 (which I bought the season 2 DVD off Amazon earlier this week).

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:03 AM   #156
Radii
Head Coach

So, Omar is playing Omar (ya feel me?), the opener gave us a breaking bad reference, Chang is a cop, and Pierce gets to be the good guy by being the bad guy. I love it.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #157
cuervo72
Head Coach

And we got an ever-so-brief glimpse at Annie's panties.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #158
kurtism
High School Varsity

But, oddly enough, no shot of Annie's Boobs.
kurtism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:01 AM   #159
DanGarion
Coordinator

Not too keen on John Goodman being added, it was an ok episode but not up to par to what it should have been for the first of the season...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #160
Comey
College Starter

I thought Goodman was *fantastic*. The role he has is perfect for someone of his presence. He's the perfect foil for Jim Rash.

I thought the episode was great, and has steered us towards what to expect for the season. I can't wait.

Two great articles...

How Dan Harmon Drives Himself Crazy Making Community | Magazine

http://www.avclub.com/articles/biology-101,62013/ (Does have spoilers)

Last edited by Comey : 09-23-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #161
Comey
College Starter

dola--

Just rewatched the episode. I know Annie reigns as show hot chick, and that's rightly deserved...but during the end segment, Britta looked FINE. I think it was the shirt. But holy crap.

There are pics of her out there, sans top, for the record. Looks pretty good.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #162
DanGarion
Coordinator

Old 09-25-2011, 06:19 AM   #163
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
There are pics of her out there, sans top, for the record. Looks pretty good.

While you are searching, you might also want to type "alison brie gillian jacobs gq" into google...
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #164
DanGarion
Coordinator

Just don't look for videos of Alison Brie in the movie born, unless you want to have nightmares...
Old 09-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #165
Suicane75
Coordinator

Loved the premiere, thought both it and The Office hit the perfect notes.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #166
DanGarion
Coordinator

Old 10-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #167
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Nice.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:56 AM   #168
Radii
Head Coach

I just watched this week's episode. Easily my favorite one this year so far and only the paintball and D&D episodes immediately stand out as better.

I didn't laugh a ton, but I thought the execution of the episode was completely brilliant. Is Troy the glue that holds everyone together? There's conflict in all the other timelines except the Jeff one, but when troy leaves everything *really* goes bad. Jeff holds back all the fun, get him out of the way and there's no conflict, everyone lets go and enjoys themselves.

I loved seeing Troy's different reactions to the troll, the wildly varying Brita behavior in each timeline, the rare times when Pierce softens and doesn't give Troy the gift that he's terrified of. The ending based on the "dark timeline" was hilarious, the goatees for everyone to become evil, just spectacular.

I'm sure I missed a ton here but that was the stuff that stood out to me. This was just a wonderful episode that allowed everyone to have a huge number of interactions with other members of the group, so so good.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:44 AM   #169
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:51 AM   #170
mckerney
Coordinator

I was laughing uncontrollably at Troy's timeline

and Evil Jeff Winger

Old 10-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #171
samifan24
Pro Starter

I just started watching this show this season and I'm really enjoying it. Are the first (two?) seasons just as good or should I only watch the previous season? I know that Parks and Rec really struggled in its first season but the second season was fantastic.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #172
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I just started watching this show this season and I'm really enjoying it. Are the first (two?) seasons just as good or should I only watch the previous season? I know that Parks and Rec really struggled in its first season but the second season was fantastic.

I have loved it since the start. If you end up not going back and watching the entire series you still want to go back towards the end of season one and find the episode entitled "Modern Warfare" (s1 e23 according to wiki). I assume if you polled everyone here about 80% of us would point to that as the show's best episode. But really, the entire first two seasons were really really good. They do a lot of off the wall stuff so every once in awhile an episode just misses completely, but the good episodes are *so* good that its all worth it in the end in a big way.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:38 PM   #173
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post

It really picked up about three quarters through the first season for me, you cant miss the first season paintball episode
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #174
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I have loved it since the start. If you end up not going back and watching the entire series you still want to go back towards the end of season one and find the episode entitled "Modern Warfare" (s1 e23 according to wiki). I assume if you polled everyone here about 80% of us would point to that as the show's best episode. But really, the entire first two seasons were really really good. They do a lot of off the wall stuff so every once in awhile an episode just misses completely, but the good episodes are *so* good that its all worth it in the end in a big way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
It really picked up about three quarters through the first season for me, you cant miss the first season paintball episode

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. I'll check out both seasons.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #175
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
This was just a wonderful episode that allowed everyone to have a huge number of interactions with other members of the group, so so good.
+1, although that is also why I find it hard to get new people into the show (or why I recommend Samifan watches both seasons). So many of the jokes and enjoyment come from the interaction between fleshed-out characters, instead of being throw-away jokes like most sitcoms.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:16 PM   #176
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
+1, although that is also why I find it hard to get new people into the show (or why I recommend Samifan watches both seasons). So many of the jokes and enjoyment come from the interaction between fleshed-out characters, instead of being throw-away jokes like most sitcoms.

Another week like this, a different take on Halloween compared to the last two years, but again wonderfully done IMO. Like Bishop mentioned, not for someone who isn't already a big fan of the show and characters.

-- Solid amounts of Annie cleavage this week, A++

-- "You just ruined a Britta party, that's like.... letting poop spoil"

-- As always Abed and Troy's stories/takes/views of the world are always my favorite.

-- Love the ending where they show who took each test.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #177
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Another week like this, a different take on Halloween compared to the last two years, but again wonderfully done IMO. Like Bishop mentioned, not for someone who isn't already a big fan of the show and characters.
I'm still a huge fan of the show but this season has been disjointed. They sent up the premise for the story arcs with John Good man and Michael Williams and now those are nowhere to be found.

The last few episodes have been fun and creative, but they also almost certainly guarantee the show's cancellation. The show seems resigned that this is the end of the run and is going balls to the wall. I guess that's the best strategy, but I'm just afraid it's not going to end as well as when they were concentrating on telling great stories and not just trying to conduct and exercise in what they can get away with on network TV.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:14 PM   #178
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
I'm still a huge fan of the show but this season has been disjointed. They sent up the premise for the story arcs with John Good man and Michael Williams and now those are nowhere to be found.

The last few episodes have been fun and creative, but they also almost certainly guarantee the show's cancellation. The show seems resigned that this is the end of the run and is going balls to the wall. I guess that's the best strategy, but I'm just afraid it's not going to end as well as when they were concentrating on telling great stories and not just trying to conduct and exercise in what they can get away with on network TV.

Last episode was Troy and Abed moving in together which was a major plot of the 1st episode, this week is the Halloween episode. It's not really that far out of reach IMO.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:40 AM   #179
mckerney
Coordinator

Pop pop!

Old 10-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #180
mckerney
Coordinator

Old 10-30-2011, 02:25 AM   #181
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post

I'd rather they do the amazing stuff they're doing, instead of crap like Whitney or Two and a Half Idiots. Go down swinging, as it were.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #182
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
I'd rather they do the amazing stuff they're doing, instead of crap like Whitney or Two and a Half Idiots. Go down swinging, as it were.

This. It was never a show that was made to last 8 seasons or something. I think they'd all be happy with having fun this last season, and cashing out on syndication.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:36 PM   #183
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
This. It was never a show that was made to last 8 seasons or something. I think they'd all be happy with having fun this last season, and cashing out on syndication.

Except I thought 100 episodes was the magic number for syndication.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #184
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Except I thought 100 episodes was the magic number for syndication.

88 episodes seems to be the magic number these days.

Community will be less than a full season from 88 after this season.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:47 AM   #185
Radii
Head Coach

I'm going to eat Spaceman Paninis with Black Hitler and there's nothing you can do about it!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:58 AM   #186
Radii
Head Coach

Community is on fire right now imo. Some of their best episodes ever the last few weeks. Loved the Pierce story, John Goodman is spectacular and the Troy plot was awesome.

Hopefully a video of Pierce pronouncing Wikipedia is up on youtube soon.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #187
Butter
Coordinator

This is the Room Temperature Room.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #188
mckerney
Coordinator

Loved Britta diagnosing Jeff's Edible Complex.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #189
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Secret handshake was great. It's just Troy and Abed's regular cool handshake but whispering outloud "secret" after doing it.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #190
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

My wife and I both picked up on Pierce's dad having the white rabbit cane from Life on Mars (American version, never saw the Brit one).

"Stop putting gay things in my mouth."

Almost constant laughter for me, one of the best episodes ever. Chevy Chase and John Goodman were near perfect in this one, and the writers were on the top of their game.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #191
mckerney
Coordinator

Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #192
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Pulled from the mid-season schedule.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:13 PM   #193
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Pulled from the mid-season schedule.

Every time i see this thread come to the top, i brace for this announcement (or that it is cancelled). Sucks. TV these days just sucks.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #194
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

NYT:

Quote:
"Community" is definitely NOT cancelled, NYT's Bill Carter says, two cubicles over. NBC says it'll be off the air for only a brief time.

Twitter
Old 11-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #195
DanGarion
Coordinator

No one from the show has chimed it on Twitter yet...
Old 11-14-2011, 05:26 PM   #196
duckman
Pro Starter

My understanding was Sony was willing to front or cut production costs in order to keep in on the air long enough for syndication.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #197
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Every time i see this thread come to the top, i brace for this announcement (or that it is cancelled). Sucks. TV these days just sucks.

No it doesn't, but if a very good show can't get people to watch it, it can't stay on the air.

This is arguably the best period in television history, regardless of the reality TV that's on way too much.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #198
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Are they going to do half seasons of Community/30 Rock for the foreseeable future (since 30 Rock has become almost a permanent midseason replacement)? We can only hope
Old 11-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #199
BishopMVP
Coordinator

#6seasonsandamovie

BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #200
Radii
Head Coach

Another wonderful, hilarious episode last night. The first two seasons there were a number of episodes that completely whiffed for me, but this season every single one has been amazing, totally knocked out of the park.