Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #151
Izulde
Head Coach

Hrm, be interesting to see how this new Dolphins head coach hire works out.

Can't be worse than Cameron at any rate.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #152
miami_fan
Coordinator

Does Tom Moore not want to be a head coach?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #153
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I think Tom Moore knows he's an OC and that's where he'll leave it. He's almost 70....is becoming a HC really what he wants at this stage.

If I post what I'll say on the Colts boards, the homers would feed me to ravenous dogs, but Dungy leaving may be a good thing. I love Dungy, appreciate what he's done...but this year the Colts seemed to lack fire at times...and a kick in the pants type might have helped in the 2nd half. I have no idea of Caldwell is that type of guy, but a slight attitude change would be a good thing.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:38 PM   #154
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I think Tom Moore knows he's an OC and that's where he'll leave it. He's almost 70....is becoming a HC really what he wants at this stage.

If I post what I'll say on the Colts boards, the homers would feed me to ravenous dogs, but Dungy leaving may be a good thing. I love Dungy, appreciate what he's done...but this year the Colts seemed to lack fire at times...and a kick in the pants type might have helped in the 2nd half. I have no idea of Caldwell is that type of guy, but a slight attitude change would be a good thing.

Couldn't you say the same thing about the Colts last year when they were getting run all over at the end of the season? I don't think Dungy threw any chairs or kicked over any tables. In fact, he was lauded for his quiet demeanor that held the team together during that rough patch and on to the Super Bowl.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 01-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #155
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Couldn't you say the same thing about the Colts last year when they were getting run all over at the end of the season? I don't think Dungy threw any chairs or kicked over any tables. In fact, he was lauded for his quiet demeanor that held the team together during that rough patch and on to the Super Bowl.

True. He kept the same system in tact, and last year it ended up working out. Again, I'm not knocking him...he brought the city a Super Bowl trophy and for that I'll forever be thankful, but the MO of this team has been more about failing in the playoffs after byes (they didn't have it last year) as opposed to perfoming in the playoffs like they do in the regular season.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:45 AM   #156
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

I think you're right. Dungy won his SB, so we'll give him the props for that. But for the QB and other talent on that team, their playoff record has been horrible in terms of getting to the SB. As one Indy sportswriter has said, the Colts have become the NFL version of the Atlanta Braves.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 01-17-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:25 AM   #157
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Thank goodness the Colts are going with some in house clown to replace Dungy. Scary how good they might be with a good coach.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #158
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3200822

Seems as if Garrett is staying put as Dallas's OC, with the promise that he'll be the head coach when Phillips hangs 'em up.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #159
JeeberD
General Manager

Thank goodness...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:18 PM   #160
korme
Go Reds

Garrett makes a call I don't know if everybody would make, good for Dallas.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #161
rkmsuf
Head Coach

When did Garrett become such a genius and hot commodity? Parcells wansn't playin dat. Went right for the Sopranos guy.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #162
Butter
Coordinator

This whole promising people jobs to stay put thing has become a lot more popular of late as well, moreso in college than the pros. Waiting for it to blow up in somebody's face...

Last edited by Butter : 01-17-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #163
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3200822

Seems as if Garrett is staying put as Dallas's OC, with the promise that he'll be the head coach when Phillips hangs 'em up.

If I were Phillips I'd leave if this were the case.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #164
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

they should just get rid of that baboon and make Garrett the head coach
Old 01-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #165
miami_fan
Coordinator

I can remember announcers talking about Garrett being HC material before he retired.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #166
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
This whole promising people jobs to stay put thing has become a lot more popular of late as well, moreso in college than the pros. Waiting for it to blow up in somebody's face...

I understand it better in the college game but only in specific situations.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:34 PM   #167
Kodos
Resident Alien

I hope Dungy stays and Belichex retires.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #168
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I hope Dungy stays and Belichex retires.

We can dream can't we?

Although, on a Dungy side note, Gary Brackett, defensive captain said after a conversation with Dungy he's convinced Dungy has one more year in him.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #169
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ravens have alledgedly hired John Harbaugh(brother of Jim) as their new head coach. Weird how a defensive backs coach can get that kind of promotion.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #170
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Ravens have alledgedly hired John Harbaugh(brother of Jim) as their new head coach. Weird how a defensive backs coach can get that kind of promotion.

He was a special teams coordinator for years, so he has a lot of coordinator experience.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:34 AM   #171
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Jones almost made Garret HC last year.
Its hard to imagine him not doing what it takes to keep him. Being the highest paid Coordinator in NFL history should do it....
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:41 AM   #172
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post

Especially since Phillips has rehabilitated his image in many ways.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #173
dervack
College Prospect

And Dungy is staying for at least one more year.

http://www6.comcast.net/sports/artic...N.Colts.Dungy/
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:31 AM   #174
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Love how Dungy wants the world to know what a great family man he is by almost retiring every year to be with them.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #175
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
And Dungy is staying for at least one more year.

http://www6.comcast.net/sports/artic...N.Colts.Dungy/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
Love how Dungy wants the world to know what a great family man he is by almost retiring every year to be with them.

Don't hate the player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #176
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post

What are you talking about, Dungy is clearly the only head coach who loves his kids. I heard Bellichick beats his with an old shoe.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #177
Kodos
Resident Alien

When he plays cards with his kids, Belichuck stations a camera behind them so he can see their cards.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:10 AM   #178
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Oh yeah, I bet Dungy stiffs the collection plate at church.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #179
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
What are you talking about, Dungy is clearly the only head coach who loves his kids. I heard Bellichick beats his with an old shoe.

Quote:
When he plays cards with his kids, Belichuck stations a camera behind them so he can see their cards.

You guys are showing your ignorance. Belichick couldn't possibly reproduce, he has no time for that. He doesn't even remember what women and children are at this point.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #180
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

Belichick has kids? Really?? WTF is wrong with this world?????

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh................................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #181
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

He also has his dog steal their signals from underneath the table.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #182
Travis
Pro Rookie

Holmgren just announced that he is returning for one last season with the Seahawks. Defensive coaches remain as they were, so Mora doesn't get bumped up to DC the way a lot of the fans had hoped, but is the likely successor to take over next season.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #183
miami_fan
Coordinator

So is it better to be the HC of the Seahawks or the HC of the Huskies?
Old 01-25-2008, 03:22 PM   #184
MikeVic
Head Coach

That's odd.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:32 PM   #185
Kodos
Resident Alien

"I must ask you to turn your key!"
Old 01-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #186
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

On a side note to this thread, Falcons have a new coach, Mike Smith, former DC of the Jaguars. Mike Mularkey is the new OC.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #187
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Seahawks looking good in next season.....

Quote:
Mora reached a five-year agreement Tuesday that will allow him to transition into the head coaching job with the Seattle Seahawks once Mike Holmgren retires after the season, a source close to Mora told ESPN.com.

Mora will serve the 2008 season as the assistant head coach in charge of the secondary. Once the season is over, Mora, former head coach of the Atlanta Falcons, will become the head coach for the next four seasons, according to the contract that was agreed to in principle Tuesday evening.

The Seahawks late Tuesday confirmed a news conference set for noon Wednesday but refused to discuss the topic.

The move wasn't a surprise. General manager Tim Ruskell was looking for a defensive coach to lead the franchise after Holmgren decided he would no longer coach the team. Mora, who played at the University of Washington, wanted to return to the Seattle area to coach. He first suggested the University of Washington, his alma mater. Then the Seahawks came calling with a chance for him to coach the secondary.

Mora's influence in improving the secondary along with improving each of the cornerbacks and safeties was one of the big reasons the Seahawks defense made a dramatic improvement in 2007. He interviewed for the head coaching job with the Washington Redskins but pulled his name out, hoping the Seahawks would make him a "head coach in waiting."

Jim Caldwell worked out a similar deal with the Indianapolis Colts once Tony Dungy decides to retire. Even though the NFL strictly enforces the Rooney Rule that requires teams to interview minority candidates, teams are allowed to promote coaches currently on staff for the future without fear of penalty for not interviewing others.

Now, the Seahawks have a plan in place. Holmgren will coach in 2008. Mora will get the next four years.

I guess every retread gets his day.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #188
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Man, I wish I could flame out like that. Here, sure you sucked in Atlanta, but when I retire, you get the gig...
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #189
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Cross Seattle off after this year.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #190
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

NFL Head Coaches are like CEOs: even when they fail (and fail spectacularly), they never really fail personally.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #191
Subby
lolzcat

Just ask Rich Kotite!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:14 AM   #192
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Just ask Rich Kotite!

I hear he's got an interview with Dan Snyder on Friday.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote