Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #151
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Is there a reason Arizona isn't giving the ball to Ellington more? From the stats, he seems like a way better RB than Mendenhall at this point.

I would say its because Ellington is a rookie, so Mendenhall has the experience edge. But yeah Ellington has looked better overall.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #152
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
That was one hell of a battle, really fun to watch, both QB's played their asses off. Each made one bad throw. Romo's bad throw cost him much more dearly, but I would take either QB's performance in a heartbeat. Peyton Manning is separating himself from the other QB's in the "greatest of all time" argument.

Can't really say Romo's cost more. If not for Peyton's pick they wouldn't have been in that situation.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #153
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thought I was seeing things. Didn't realize there was a game at 11:30 tonight. Is there a special reason for that?
Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #154
rowech
Pro Starter

Romo's terrible on defense. He allowed 51 points!
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #155
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for Jacksonville...

Jaguars rookie OT Luke Joeckel out for season - Yahoo Sports

And who do they play next week? Denver...at Denver. They should just forfeit and save the transportation costs.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #156
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Thought I was seeing things. Didn't realize there was a game at 11:30 tonight. Is there a special reason for that?

They had an A's game last night on that field. I assume it was time to reconfigure the stands and field.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #157
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

Baseball playoffs on the same field yesterday

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-06-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #158
Thomkal
Head Coach

Okay after ripping my beloved Cards last week, have to give them some credit this week. Offense was still pretty terrible, but defense with the return of LB Daryl Washington from his four game suspension, was pretty damn awesome, 7 sacks, 3 INT's, and a safety.

I pretty much think Ron Rivera is out of a job though at Carolina-they are just not letting Cam Newton get outside and make plays on his feet like he did his first year.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #159
TroyF
Coordinator

Just throwing out Manning's playoff stats here really quick:

9-11 record, 36 td's, 21 INT's. (his INT rate of 3.0% is a tad under Montana (2.9%)

In the regular season, he's completed 65% of his passes, playoffs 63% regular season 267 yards a game, playoffs 284 yards a game,

yeah, he's had a couple of clunkers, but I think it's tough to pin a lot of those losses on him. Those two "clunkers" against the Chargers everyone remembers: 712 yards passing 4 TD 2 INT
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #160
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

I actually feel bad for Romo. Some idiot is going to try and pin this on him despite one hell of a performance.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #161
kingfc22
Head Coach

Pick 6 baby!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #162
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

That was hilarious - right after they show that pick-6 stat, he turns it over. I wonder if this is Schaub's last year in Houston.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #163
miked
College Starter

I had Tom Brady going today, my opponent had Romo.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #164
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
I had Tom Brady going today, my opponent had Romo.

I kept Romo on the bench. Oof.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #165
Dutch
"Dutch"

Um, I expect a flag everytime I see helmet-to-helmet contact. Is that the wrong expectation?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #166
Dutch
"Dutch"

...I guess so...that was two consecutive...

Last edited by Dutch : 10-06-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #167
spleen1015
Coordinator

I like how Manning is a choker when he played all of those years with one of the worst defenses in the league and Brady gets all of the credit for the Patriots success when his teams won because of a good defense, the dumbass tuck rule and clutch kicks by their kicker. WTF has Brady done since not having a good defense? Jack shit.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #168
kingfc22
Head Coach

Did not see this coming. Brock is owning Schaub tonight.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #169
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Did not see this coming. Brock is owning Schaub tonight.

Always supported Schaub, but it's gotta end. He needs to be benched and benched now. You just can't keep throwing pick 6's in this league.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #170
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
After last weeks choke job and this effort at 21-0, Schaub and Houston are the best worst team in the NFL, and I simply cannot trust the math anymore
Old 10-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #171
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I like how Manning is a choker when he played all of those years with one of the worst defenses in the league and Brady gets all of the credit for the Patriots success when his teams won because of a good defense, the dumbass tuck rule and clutch kicks by their kicker. WTF has Brady done since not having a good defense? Jack shit.

Angry much?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #172
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Nobody gives Manning credit? Are you fucking serious?

Old 10-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #173
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What was the ref doing. (though I find it a little amusing that the Texans were mad at the ref... suck for a half and you pretty much can't complain about a ref bobbling the ball)... His "spotting" of the ball was just rolling it towards the center. I would think the 49ers could have a complaint if the Texans could have gotten a play off after that.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #174
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Just got back from the Cowboys-Broncos game. That was an awesome game to attend. Can't blame Romo for that loss. That pick he threw wasn't a gift wrapped mental error type of pick. The Broncos player had to layout to get it. If he didn't get the pick, the Cowboys player had a 25 yard catch.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #175
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Just throwing out Manning's playoff stats here really quick:

9-11 record, 36 td's, 21 INT's. (his INT rate of 3.0% is a tad under Montana (2.9%)

In the regular season, he's completed 65% of his passes, playoffs 63% regular season 267 yards a game, playoffs 284 yards a game,

yeah, he's had a couple of clunkers, but I think it's tough to pin a lot of those losses on him. Those two "clunkers" against the Chargers everyone remembers: 712 yards passing 4 TD 2 INT

Certainly hasnt had the same level of team success, but his playoff QB rating is higher than Brady's and about the same as Montana's non superbowl rating. Montana was absolute money in the Superbowl
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #176
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Certainly hasnt had the same level of team success, but his playoff QB rating is higher than Brady's and about the same as Montana's non superbowl rating. Montana was absolute money in the Superbowl

And better than Steve Young, Brett Favre, John Elway and Dan Marino
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #177
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

What a crazy game in Dallas. The good news is the last time so much yardage was given up in Texas, it became a rallying cry for the whole nation.

I mean, y'all "Remember the Alamo", right?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #178
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Schaub just looks terrible out there.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #179
kingfc22
Head Coach

3rd string DT with the INT. When does Kubiak go to Yates?
Old 10-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #180
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
Angry much?

Not angry.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #181
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Nobody gives Manning credit? Are you fucking serious?

Where did I say no one gives him any credit? I don't know if they do. I was talking about people calling Manning a choker.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #182
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Not angry.

Could have fooled me
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #183
kingfc22
Head Coach

Great play call by Roman.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #184
RedKingGold
College Starter

Eric Reid looks like a stud.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #185
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Won the division title and made the playoffs every year, lost 2 super bowls in the final 2 minutes, and still had more playoff wins than Manning despite Peyton's SB year? (8-7 vs. 6-6 since 2004)

The funny part is, I don't even think there's been many Brady vs. Peyton Manning arguments in the last 5 years. The current hot sports take is that you need a quarterback who "steps his game up in the playoffs" like Eli Manning, Joe Flacco or Ben Roethlisberger (where if anything, Matt Ryan is the new Peyton Manning). Which basically just proves how dumb it is to judge QB's solely by team success, especially when you ignore 95% of the games. There are plenty of people who will argue that Eli Manning is "clutch" and they'd rather have him at QB than a Brady/Peyton/Matt Ryan/Aaron Rodgers/Drew Brees, even though he'll only have made it to the playoffs once in the last 5 years barring a miracle turnaround this year.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #186
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

That's not anger, that's passion. I always get into heated arguments with people who go with the "who has the rings" argument when determining a player's quality or value.

This past few seasons has provided us with a great representation of what the differences might be between Manning and Brady specifically. Brady with an inexperienced supporting cast has looked pretty average. Manning with a great supporting cast is making Brady's 07 stats look average. He is also doing it almost into his 40's. The guy is a master manipulator and instantly makes any team a contender. I honestly don't think the same can be said for Brady. Brady needs a supporting cast. Manning can take a shit team to a title with a few bounces here and there.

That's my take anyway. I would take Manning before anyone in history if I had to build a team.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #187
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
This past few seasons has provided us with a great representation of what the differences might be between Manning and Brady specifically. Brady with an inexperienced supporting cast has looked pretty average. Manning with a great supporting cast is making Brady's 07 stats look average. He is also doing it almost into his 40's. The guy is a master manipulator and instantly makes any team a contender. I honestly don't think the same can be said for Brady. Brady needs a supporting cast. Manning can take a shit team to a title with a few bounces here and there.
You must have a different definition of average than I do. And I really hope you're trolling with the supporting cast argument, because Brady's had better skill position players around him than Manning 1? 2? seasons total. (Just think about that 2006 team Manning & the Colts beat 38-34 in the AFC title game. The Pats leading receivers were Reche Caldwell, Ben Watson, Troy Brown, Doug Gabriel, Jabar Gaffney, Chad Jackson and Laurence Maroney. Again, that team made it to an AFC title game and scored 34 points.)

Btw, Brady's 2007 stats
Before November: 198-267 2431 30 2
After November: 200-311 2375 20 6

2nd half is still very good, but not historically great like the first half. Just like what Peyton's done in 5 games so far is amazing, and his overall stats may still exceed Brady's from that year, but you can't just extrapolate from these 5 games because he will fall off this pace in colder weather. Just like his stats will be worse when it's raining/snowing.

Brady's 2013 stats
Dry games: 74-119 829 6 2
Wet games: 37-77 382 1 1

That's not a Brady thing, or a Manning thing, that's an every quarterback in the world throws the ball better when it's warm and dry thing.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 10-06-2013 at 10:33 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #188
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Vikings sign Freeman. Looks like Ponder's time in Minnesota is over.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #189
hoopsguy
General Manager

Raiders looking good in late night?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #190
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe Pryor hadn't heard the news about Freeman and decided to go all out.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #191
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Vikings sign Freeman. Looks like Ponder's time in Minnesota is over.

Good luck, Josh.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #192
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I already have facebook friends who are Giants fans discussing what they should do with the 2015 first overall pick...they've seen Jacksonville still exists right?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #193
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
That's my take anyway. I would take Manning before anyone in history if I had to build a team.

Me too. I'm just trying to enjoy the last years of his career. Will be a sad day when he hangs 'em up.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-07-2013 at 08:13 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #194
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I think Peyton Manning is the best quarterback in the history of the NFL. But one of the things I've noticed over the course of his career is that if you can match him score for score early in a game, he will begin to press and that's usually when he makes his mistakes.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #195
molson
General Manager

I've never cared much about the Manning v. Brady debate, I'm just happy that my team didn't spent the last few days intently debating the merits of Josh Freeman v. Christian Ponder. If Manning's the best, than the Pats have still done OK at that position the last 12 years. You can win with either guy.

Last edited by molson : 10-07-2013 at 09:58 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #196
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I already have facebook friends who are Giants fans discussing what they should do with the 2015 first overall pick...they've seen Jacksonville still exists right?

IT would really suck if next year was just as bad...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #197
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I've never cared much about the Manning v. Brady debate, I'm just happy that my team didn't spent the last few days intently debating the merits of Josh Freeman v. Christian Ponder. If Manning's the best, than the Pats have still done OK at that position the last 12 years. You can win with either guy.

This is kind of where I fall with Eli. You will never see me say he is better that those guys, but this year aside I wouldn't want any other QB for my team given the results he has had.

Would Brady, Peyton, etc...have the same results? Probably but we will bever know, so for me I wouldn't trade him for anyone.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #198
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

Hey now, the Vikings have been debating the merits of Josh Freeman v. Christian Ponder v. Matt Cassel.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #199
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

G-MEN!
Old 10-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #200
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
IT would really suck if next year was just as bad...

I was about to say the same thing.

Last edited by fantom1979 : 10-07-2013 at 01:09 PM.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote