Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2005, 01:32 PM   #151
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
Are you serious? Are you sure he didn't get hurt? I've been waiting for this forever....

yep no injury
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #152
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Mine went right into RFTH as well, although I got out of it, installed the rosters and then started a dynasty with Missouri.

I don't like the RFTH interface...Seems clunky.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:02 PM   #153
JeeberD
General Manager

DVDPlanet still doesn't show it has having been shipped yet...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #154
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
I don't like the RFTH interface...Seems clunky.

It seems like the skybox that ESPN has.

My problem is that if you try to practice it's only running that same mini game(In my case the option scramble)
Old 07-12-2005, 02:09 PM   #155
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
Wow this is the COOLEST thing I have ever seen in a video game. I'm playing Miami right now, and their starting QB is having just a horrific game. Before halftime he's got 3 INT's, sacked, hurried, and a fumble. So instead of jus tleaving him in there, they have substituted him out, and it's not even a blowout yet. Never seen that happen before.

I was just about to post this as well

In my dynasty game against Hawaii, I intercepted their starting QB 3 times, I've sacked him twice and he is looking rattled. They put in their backup who has played the last 4 minutes of the 1st half. Unfortunately for Hawaii, he threw another interception and I'm up 42-0 at half on them now. Definitely a different feel from my loss to them last time where things went bad and snowballed downhill in the first half.

Todd,

I didn't change any sliders, but I used Reggie Bush and the rushing attack to set up the pass. As a result, Leinart is doing well with 12 of 18 passes for 170 yards and 3 TD at the half.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:10 PM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
Are you serious? Are you sure he didn't get hurt? I've been waiting for this forever....

I also had this happen, and I'm positive Hawaii's QB was not hurt
Old 07-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #157
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Double Dola -

In both games against Hawaii, my superstar SS Darnell Bing has dislocated his elbow

The only upside is that he is only down for 7 weeks in my dynasty mode game.

One other very cool thing is that the CPU is being very smart with their star WR. They are getting the ball in a large variety of ways and he is really still hurting me to an extent.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:14 PM   #158
rexallllsc
Banned

Does anyone have good sliders? I have 1 pick in 5 games...although I *am* using Arizona (I'm 1-4, only win vs. NAU in d1aa)
Old 07-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #159
msf518
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD

I emailed them last night and they said they only got half of their shipment in before today, which is why people like Bee are getting theirs today, and us unlucky folk like you and I are stuck waiting. Supposedly the rest are shipping today. Can't beat the price, but this slowness really sucks.
msf518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #160
Jets80
High School Varsity

Anyone know of any PS2 roster files out there. I have searched around and found rosters for Xbox but have not seen and PS2 yet.. any one stumple apon or download any PS2 yet ??

Thanks
Jets
Jets80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:20 PM   #161
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets80
Anyone know of any PS2 roster files out there. I have searched around and found rosters for Xbox but have not seen and PS2 yet.. any one stumple apon or download any PS2 yet ??

Thanks
Jets

http://www.psxsports.com/

This is dtlindner's site, which I've used in the past and been satisfied with. However, a lot of folks believe that he steals others' work and claims it as his own. Anyhow, this year I think I will use the fictional names feature and then just rename either Indiana U's roster, or possibly the whole Big Ten.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:28 PM   #162
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Does anyone have good sliders? I have 1 pick in 5 games...although I *am* using Arizona (I'm 1-4, only win vs. NAU in d1aa)

Check the NCAA forum over at Operation Sports. Bill Abner and some others have some sliders posted. It'll take a while though before they're completely ironed out.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:33 PM   #163
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglesfan and Todd

for AA, if running is too easy drop run blk -5 and running -5 for human.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:37 PM   #164
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets80

Thanks
Jets

How many times do I have to post this?

register over at www.maddenmania.com - Blacklover's roster set for the ps2 is linked in the NCAA forums. or I could send them to you when I get home later if you don't want to register over there.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #165
Kodos
Resident Alien

How much is one of those action replay things? I end up sending my memory card in the mail every year...
Old 07-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #166
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Eaglesfan and Todd

for AA, if running is too easy drop run blk -5 and running -5 for human.

Thanks, but I'm playing on defaults unless I'm really running all over the place. I think the differences in good vs bad teams is really apparent in this years version. I'm not touching anything besides penalties and sub in/sub out... at least until I've played through a season or see a GLARING issue.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #167
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I was just about to post this as well

In my dynasty game against Hawaii, I intercepted their starting QB 3 times, I've sacked him twice and he is looking rattled. They put in their backup who has played the last 4 minutes of the 1st half. Unfortunately for Hawaii, he threw another interception and I'm up 42-0 at half on them now. Definitely a different feel from my loss to them last time where things went bad and snowballed downhill in the first half.

Todd,

I didn't change any sliders, but I used Reggie Bush and the rushing attack to set up the pass. As a result, Leinart is doing well with 12 of 18 passes for 170 yards and 3 TD at the half.

See, I told you.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:44 PM   #168
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
How much is one of those action replay things? I end up sending my memory card in the mail every year...

$29.99 at Best Buy.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:46 PM   #169
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Jeebs - You should have reserved a copy at Gamestop across I-35 and then picked it up last night at Midnight
Old 07-12-2005, 02:50 PM   #170
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
How many times do I have to post this?

register over at www.maddenmania.com - Blacklover's roster set for the ps2 is linked in the NCAA forums. or I could send them to you when I get home later if you don't want to register over there.

You can also get Blacklover's roster set at Geekrosters.com
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF

Last edited by General Mike : 07-12-2005 at 02:58 PM.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #171
moriarty
College Starter

Slider link:
hxxp://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Roster link: Xbox (fairdale) and PS2 (blacklover) hxxp://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=70

Hxxp'd just in case they have questionable material in their forum.

Last edited by moriarty : 07-12-2005 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm not sure about sliders to increase interceptions, but I just had 7 picks in a game using USC vs Hawaii. I had 4 against the starter, and 3 against the backup who came in because the starter was playing so bad.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:58 PM   #173
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Thanks, but I'm playing on defaults unless I'm really running all over the place. I think the differences in good vs bad teams is really apparent in this years version. I'm not touching anything besides penalties and sub in/sub out... at least until I've played through a season or see a GLARING issue.

Yeah, I can see the difference too - and I like that. In the past, d1aa teams could make a game of things. The #1 team wouldn't play much different than a mid-level team.

Well, I put up 77 on NAU and lost by 50+ to #1 USC. My points coming on a fumble recovery inside the 20 1 minutes into the game, and then seeing USC scoring 66 straight points before I scored a TD in the last few minutes.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:58 PM   #174
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree. Yeah, I just had Reggie Bush and Lendale White run all over Hawaii, but Hawaii isn't known for having much of a rush defense. Bush had 14 carries for 198 yards (including one amazing 68 yard TD run, and one very good 47 yard TD run.) White had 118 carries on 15 carries with one 42 yard TD run.

The difference between good and bad teams is just very evident (as long as you don't drop back 9 or 11 steps with your QB )
Old 07-12-2005, 03:00 PM   #175
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

One thing that I like (may only be for impact players, but I know he wasn't in the zone) is that players will sometimes use stiff arms in appropriate places even without pushing the button. I juked with Bush and then he threw a stiff arm on his own that together burst him past two guys for that 68 yard TD run.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:01 PM   #176
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I just won 31-14 over Michigan State but the game was close late.

The Impact players is awesome.

With the game on the line, and needed to kill some time, Mike Hart busts a 51 yard run up the middle, in the process derailing MSU's Impact DB and busting the game open for me in the process.

I had 5 INT's against MSU as they are a throwing team (though they did run 23 times), but Stanton was being pressured all day.

I love this game.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:07 PM   #177
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
Jeebs - You should have reserved a copy at Gamestop across I-35 and then picked it up last night at Midnight

If I weren't such a cheap ass mofo I would have done just that, but getting the game for $35 makes the wait worthwhile, I suppose.

Last edited by JeeberD : 07-12-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #178
General Mike
Pro Starter

Serenity Now
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Old 07-12-2005, 03:13 PM   #179
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Have you seen that neat slow-mo animation when your player is in the zone and makes a great hit or play? Neat...
Old 07-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #180
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have you seen that neat slow-mo animation when your player is in the zone and makes a great hit or play? Neat...

Yes! It doesn't happen too often which I like, but it looks cool when it happens and it didn't disrupt my play the one time that it happened.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:28 PM   #181
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

This may be a bit off topic but does anyone use Sharkport anymore for uploading rosters? I switched computers since NCAA 2005 was out and now I'm trying to find the interface to download onto my new computer and I can't find it anywhere on the net.

Does anyone know where I can download it? Or if I can use the Sharkport hardware with a different interface? Me confused.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #182
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Well my first game out of the box I started a dynasty with Mississippi. My first game of the season was vs. Memphis. I'm used to having the computer be jsut absolutely horrible against me (except for cheap plays) But Deangelo Williams absolutely ATE ME UP. This is the best football game I've ever played, bar none.

The only complaint I have so far is that it seems maybe a little bit too easy to run. Breaking off 5-10 yarders up the middle is commonplace. But also, when I did a O-line D-line ocmparison my O-line is much better than the D-lines I've faced so far. So hopefully that has a lot to do with it. It would be nice to see a game where the O-line actually makes a huge difference. I have Tennessee coming up in a few weeks, so we'l see what happens then.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #183
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Just played an exhibition game Texas v. USC on AA. Let me tell you Vince Young is GOD on EARTH!!!!!! He torched USC'S defense. These are his stats.
14-22 138 yds 1/2
19 rush 233 3tds
My defense kept bush and leinhart down, except for one play where Bush stiff armed my DE. I was surprised that he wouldnt go down and dragged my DT's around the field.
It seems from the first game I played that The scrambler is a key factor in this years game. Kinda reminds me of Madden 04.

Last edited by CHEMICAL SOLDIER : 07-12-2005 at 04:52 PM.
CHEMICAL SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:26 PM   #184
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Man, reading all of this makes me jealous. I won't be home for another couple of weeks to pick up the game, so until then, I will have to live vicariously through these postings.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #185
Buzzbee
College Starter

Found out today how much my yearly bonus is. Bought NCAA 2006 at lunch.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:36 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After a half against Arkansas, I have a few more thoughts:

I love to see the CPU run (or at least try to run) against me. Arkansas's strength is their HB and FB, and they are attempting to use the option, they are attempting some fancy runs. They are having some success, but even as they go down 28-0, they are sticking with it in the second quarter.

I've never seen a version where the computer is so crafty with pitches. One play that got them a big gain was a handoff to the FB. As I was about to tackle him, he pitched to the HB. The HB scampered for 27 yards before I caught him.

Reggie Bush is a beast in the game. He was contained for his first 9 carries and only had 35 yards, but I finally broke one to the outside and just outran the defense. Loved to see the seperation get bigger as he finished the 63 yard run.

With Bill Abner and others saying the fly route is too easy to run, I found myself not throwing deep hardly at all in my first game. My 2nd game I threw deep and completed about 35-40% of them. I'm not sure if I should feel guilty or not, but I'm throwing deep more this game because they are stacking the box with 8 men to stop Bush. In that case, I have to go to a deep pass once in a while. So far, Jarrett is just torching his man (they have their best cornerback who has good speed on Smith) and he has 3 long TD's. However, they have stopped 4 of those passes too where either Leinart overthrew it, or the defender just broke it up. So, it's not a money play and I'm not sure if I should feel bad about it or not. However, I choose to not feel bad about throwing deep for now.

Overall, it's a blast. Oh yeah, so far I really like the inseason recruiting. I already had the top rated QB and CB tell me to take a hike, so I'm glad to see that it isn't going to be excessively easy even with USC to get committments early. We'll see how I do with my remaining targets.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:51 PM   #187
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Do small schools like Cornell still have generic stadiums?
Dont know but U penn. doesnt have Franklin Field. Alas though, UNLV's stadium is finally accurate.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #188
JeeberD
General Manager

I hear that the Sun Bowl is finally accurate. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Durham Center over the north stands...

Old 07-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #189
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
My game put me into RFTH right away, did scrambling QB, did fairly well. Right stick for juke is gonna take some getting used to, but I was able to pitch the ball and it was cool not being able to control the HB and trying to get my guy downfield to block. Got offers from Tennessee, Florida State, and Ohio State. Talk about no choices, I ended up picking FSU. I liked seeing gang tackling.
It seems RFTHT, almost guarantees the trophy to your player.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:00 PM   #190
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
Well my first game out of the box I started a dynasty with Mississippi. My first game of the season was vs. Memphis. I'm used to having the computer be jsut absolutely horrible against me (except for cheap plays) But Deangelo Williams absolutely ATE ME UP. This is the best football game I've ever played, bar none.

The only complaint I have so far is that it seems maybe a little bit too easy to run. Breaking off 5-10 yarders up the middle is commonplace. But also, when I did a O-line D-line ocmparison my O-line is much better than the D-lines I've faced so far. So hopefully that has a lot to do with it. It would be nice to see a game where the O-line actually makes a huge difference. I have Tennessee coming up in a few weeks, so we'l see what happens then.

Best game? Not sure yet, but I feel your excitement.

I thought running was easy, but it seems to me the game really differentiates between teams. I love that. My O-line is good, but going up against Troy, I couldn't do a thing with my RB who averaged over 200 yds per game.

The game to judge tonight will be vs #3 Texas.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #191
mhass
High School Varsity

To the earlier question, mine went straight to RFTH (I'm the starting QB for Georgia). I had not played 2005 and right away I noticed better graphics compared to 2004. Better player motions, better backgrounds, etc.

As for the Dynasty mode, I am very poor at the in-season recruiting and wish it were different. Nearly every player reduced their interest in my Dynasty team the first weeks. You get 100 'points' to spread over 12 recruits and spreading it evenly means they all lose interest. So you can target 12, but if you want to really pursue them, you end up ignoring four or five of those for lack of 'points'.

Gameplay is great. I might be wrong but I think the offensive playbook is either different or bigger with better plays, especially passing plays. I also ran into a benched opponent QB which was cool. Brad Nessler even mentions it (btw the announcing gets annoying just as fast as the other versions).

I just played 30 minutes or so over lunch, but I think it's worth the money.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:12 PM   #192
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhass
As for the Dynasty mode, I am very poor at the in-season recruiting and wish it were different. Nearly every player reduced their interest in my Dynasty team the first weeks. You get 100 'points' to spread over 12 recruits and spreading it evenly means they all lose interest. So you can target 12, but if you want to really pursue them, you end up ignoring four or five of those for lack of 'points'.

I haven't really kept up with all the features and additions and such, but I thought I read somewhere that there were 'soft' commitments. Is that true? Perhaps spreading the love might not get you a commitment now, but maybe it might leave the door open for that player to de-commit?
Old 07-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #193
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Best game? Not sure yet, but I feel your excitement.

I thought running was easy, but it seems to me the game really differentiates between teams. I love that. My O-line is good, but going up against Troy, I couldn't do a thing with my RB who averaged over 200 yds per game.

The game to judge tonight will be vs #3 Texas.

Todd, I'm glad to hear that you had a tough game against Troy. Right now, we are just running over every body. Bush just had a 210 yard, 20 carry game against Arkansas. Hopefully, I'll see a much better challenge when we face a strong defensive team later in the game.

One thing that I've noticed and really like is that the fatigue effect is noticable. White runs over the defense in the 4th quarter, but he isn't nearly as dominant if I use him in the 1st or 2nd quarters. So, right now my plan is to wear out the defense with Bush's speed in the first 3 quarters, and then plow over them in the 4th with White.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
I haven't really kept up with all the features and additions and such, but I thought I read somewhere that there were 'soft' commitments. Is that true? Perhaps spreading the love might not get you a commitment now, but maybe it might leave the door open for that player to de-commit?

Yes, there are soft committments and that is a good point. I'm going to change my strategy of completely ignoring the guys who aren't responding early.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:19 PM   #195
mhass
High School Varsity

Ooh one other little thing that I LOVE and was definitely not in 2004 is the Auto-Name feature. That way you can eliminate all the people named MLB #45 and RB #8 which drove me nuts. So even the fictional roster can be assigned names. And it doesn't overwrite ones you've already changed.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #196
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

in RFTH how do I see my girlfriend? I see a brief glimpse of her as I go to the computer screen, but I can't find the option to see her.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #197
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Another thing that I really like, weather really affects the game. I've heard of people complaining of too many fumbles, but those people generally mention it was a rain game. I've only seen 1 fumble in 2 games so far with no rain. I haven't seen a rain game yet. However, today, I'm playing in 40 MPH winds and you can see the effect that it is having on passing. Long throws into the wind are virtually impossible. You can actually see the targeting circle move back towards the QB as the wind affects it, much like kickoffs in previous versions. Oregon's QB has had 3 of his long passes come up short because of the wind. Meanwhile, I just threw with the wind and you could tell it was overthrown secondary to wind, but Bush had the speed to actually catch up to it and go the distance

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-12-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:46 PM   #198
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
This may be a bit off topic but does anyone use Sharkport anymore for uploading rosters? I switched computers since NCAA 2005 was out and now I'm trying to find the interface to download onto my new computer and I can't find it anywhere on the net.

Does anyone know where I can download it? Or if I can use the Sharkport hardware with a different interface? Me confused.

I know there's a site you can download the PC software from, but I cant remember the link now.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Old 07-12-2005, 05:47 PM   #199
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Soft commitments are verbal commitments. Just like IRL someone who verbally commits can still change their mind, although they usually don't.

Hard commitments are actual signings. Although this is different from RL because players cannot sign until like Feb. or something. Unless of course you don't get hard commitments until the end of the year. I haven't made it through a season yet.

As far as not having enough points I think it works out fairly well. I of course targetted 12 prospects preseason, but after the first game it was obvious which ones I had a chance with and which ones I did not due to interest level. I ended up only seriously going after five guys after the first week. This allowed me to put enough points towards the players that they are actually influenced by them.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:48 PM   #200
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Oh mannnnno.

#7 Michigan @ #2 Iowa

I am at halftime, playing in the freezing rain in a defensive stalemate. Greenway and Hodge (Iowa's studs at LB) have been terrorizing Mike Hart, holding him to 50 yards on 15 first half carries. Iowa's RB's haven't faired any better.

This game is 0-0 at the half. I love old school Big 10 football.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote