I need an English translation for tuppence please

Equivalent of 2c
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #152
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
All I'm gonna say is that I don't give a rat's ass about an individual's politcal leanings. Hell, I tend to stay way the hell away from politcal threads, so I probably don't even know where most people lean...

That's too bad, because you're missing excellent chances to pad your post count.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:08 PM   #153
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts
Equivalent of 2c

Thanks for the clarification...I figured that was what it was, but couldn't resist the chance to type tuppence...figured I might not get many chances to use that word
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:30 PM   #154
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
... having anything positive to say about you. And you bring it all on yourself...

Actually, as unpopular as I am, I dare say even I've got as many fans as you do.
So please, don't get all holier than thou with me, you've got zero ground to do so.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #155
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Actually, as unpopular as I am, I dare say even I've got as many fans as you do.
So please, don't get all holier than thou with me, you've got zero ground to do so.

I have always liked you. I think I've said that before, too.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:32 PM   #156
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:

See, that is the difference between you and I. I'm not here to accumulate fans. I'm not here to piss people off. I'm here to engage in a few discussions and maybe learn something new.

Last edited by oliegirl : 03-09-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #157
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts
See this is the perceived problem: other than the comments in this thread by some, I haven't seen evidence of people trying to vilify you

JRS, all I can say to that is that this thread is pretty much what I get on a regular basis. Other than a couple of new "contributors" to the dogpile, there's really nothing new in my direction in this thread.
{shrug}

I'm just a GOP'er at Coretta's funeral
Old 03-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #158
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I have always liked you. I think I've said that before, too.

Well, there goes your invitation to the FOFC Christmas party.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:36 PM   #159
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
maybe learn something new.

Well honey, keep trying, I dunno what else to tell you.
If my style bothers you, there's not one thing I can do about that other than to suggest the "ignore" feature.

But your personal opinion of me really isn't something that matters a helluva lot one way or the other to be honest, so I probably ought to give you your two cents back.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:36 PM   #160
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

darn

knives out
Old 03-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #161
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

I would like Jimga more if he played werewolf.

knives out
Old 03-09-2006, 01:41 PM   #162
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
dola

I would like Jimga more if he played werewolf.

I hear he's a big Tom Brady fan though.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:41 PM   #163
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I had no idea FOFC was a such a bastion of liberalism. Huh. Who'da thunk that?
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:43 PM   #164
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

Holiday party, damnit, you insensitive, un-PC prick!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #165
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
If my style bothers you, there's not one thing I can do about that other than to suggest the "ignore" feature.

But your personal opinion of me really isn't something that matters a helluva lot one way or the other to be honest, so I probably ought to give you your two cents back.

see Jon, IMO, and yeah, you probably don't need it anyway, this is what's got some people to "vilify" you in some ways. That reply was not really needed and you too could use the "ignore" feature, or simply read her post and let it flow.

Honestly, I like many aspects of what you bring to the board. You seem passionate in many aspects of your life, like when you speak demographics and such, or about your son, or your possible new house. The political stuff, I don't read it, or almost never read it, but you're just as passionate in that part of it. I just decide to ignore that part...

just my 1.73913 american cents, (yep canadian dollars is just that close )

FM
Old 03-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #166
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
again, i'm not defending anyone in particular...i didnt really even pay attention to when capsicum was here....my point is that civility is lacking...SteveW's post is merely the most recent example
I think context is part of it. I didn't see what Steve did as being any different than when people here speak ill of Hornsmaniac or mrskippy.

If the mods proposed having a rule against direct insults against another person (or just direct insults using vulgarity), I'd endorse it. I'd even support a banning of the C-word, since it's not on my list of civil words.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:46 PM   #167
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

if we ban c*nt we also ought to ban f*g and f*ggoty and all forms of that too.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:48 PM   #168
rkmsuf
Head Coach

maybe we could move the forum to satellite
Old 03-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #169
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack

Should be happening anyway. I don't think it has been - I think the "liberals" have caught it in the shorts more as far as boxings and bannings go (and I say this as a conservative), but I think both sides ought to be receiving equal treatment regardless of what's come before.

Yup. I'm a frigging liberal here, even though I would have voted for Bush in 2000 and not voted in 2004. I think this boards leans conservative, as much of the older crowd appears to lean that way (I'd guess the average age on this board is in the high 30's).
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #170
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:

Do not call me honey...ever
Old 03-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #171
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
I think context is part of it. I didn't see what Steve did as being any different than when people here speak ill of Hornsmaniac or mrskippy.

If the mods proposed having a rule against direct insults against another person (or just direct insults using vulgarity), I'd endorse it. I'd even support a banning of the C-word, since it's not on my list of civil words.
]

I see it more as he insulted FN's wife, not another banned person. He insulted her and he knew capsicum was FN's wife. There's a big difference between that and insulting HM or mrskippy.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #172
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
]

I see it more as he insulted FN's wife, not another banned person. He insulted her and he knew capsicum was FN's wife. There's a big difference between that and insulting HM or mrskippy.

You do know that hornsmaniac is married to mrskippy?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #173
chinaski
College Prospect

all i know is, no person should ever spend this much time worrying about a message board. Slowly, step away from the computer. its text on a screen, in a fantasy land of sim sports. how about instead of spending hours online posting pointless messages on a interent board, why not spend those hours with your wife? Job? Hobby? Kids? Is there anything else so vital?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #174
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski
all i know is, no person should ever spend this much time worrying about a message board. Slowly, step away from the computer. its text on a screen, in a fantasy land of sim sports. how about instead of spending hours online posting pointless messages on a interent board, why not spend those hours with your wife? Job? Hobby? Kids? Is there anything else so vital?
well said. i try not to ever get too wrapped up in the drama. when i do i like to shut down my browser and take a deep breath and go "there's still a whole nother world out here of people who know nothing about JiMG or FN or Hornsmanic or capsicum."
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:22 PM   #175
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho
Holiday party, damnit, you insensitive, un-PC prick!

And, for perhaps the first time today (although Cam came pretty close), somebody gets an LOL from me. Good job
Old 03-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #176
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
I gotta say, I don't see Jon as worshipping any conservatives. He seems to think he and he alone has all the right answers.

I won't defend Jon's original post to Skydog, because I happen to not agree with it, but I do find it amusing to see JPhillips accuse Jon of being a woman, considering the sheer number of people who get offended by any mention of homosexuality in a joking context.

I guess if the phrase "waaahwaaahwaah, my pussy hurts" is considered acceptable, then it'd be all right to tell someone "I can't make sense of what you're saying. Take the dick out of your mouth and speak clearly"?

LOL great post.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #177
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
You do know that hornsmaniac is married to mrskippy?
For a while there, I thought it was mr skippy instead of mrs kippy. Nope. Didn't know.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #178
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
I had no idea FOFC was a such a bastion of liberalism. Huh. Who'da thunk that?
It's kinda like the "Liberal" Media....
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #179
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
That reply was not really needed and you too could use the "ignore" feature, or simply read her post and let it flow.

Here's the thing FrogMan, I hope it makes some sense.

"Let it flow" isn't in me much, and especially not when I feel like I'm getting shit from someone who I don't feel like has any business giving me any. Take a shot at me, I tend to shoot back. And it's a pretty short list of people I believe have any business giving me much crap in life. Doesn't mean I don't get any crap, far from it really (pretty much like the rest of the world), just means that I've probably got a little lower percentage of people who do it to me without getting some back in return.

I kinda believe that there's a finite amount of shit any one person will take in their life. Some people have a high amount, some people have a low amount. And at some point in my life, a number of years ago (by my count it's about 19-20 years ago), I ran all out of "take shit".
Old 03-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #180
rkmsuf
Head Coach

not even the baboons could wind this thread down
Old 03-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #181
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

"Let it flow" isn't in me much, and especially not when I feel like I'm getting shit from someone who I don't feel like has any business giving me any. Take a shot at me, I tend to shoot back. And it's a pretty short list of people I believe have any business giving me much crap in life. Doesn't mean I don't get any crap, far from it really (pretty much like the rest of the world), just means that I've probably got a little lower percentage of people who do it to me without getting some back in return.

I kinda believe that there's a finite amount of shit any one person will take in their life. Some people have a high amount, some people have a low amount. And at some point in my life, a number of years ago (by my count it's about 19-20 years ago), I ran all out of "take shit".

LOL! Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought it was with you, the "let it flow" not being in you

It's how you are, I can understand that, but when you start responding to people you have to know you will get responded to too, if that makes sense, then you will respond again and to which they will respond again, and... (guess you get the point )

The being out of "take shit" kinda means to me you that you'll always be on the fighting end of the stick, and this with still a long time to go in your life. That's a long time to be always fighting...

FM
Old 03-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #182
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Okay ... honey.

(Yep, predictable reply from me. But it's also predictable from a good 90% of the people who post here too. It's right up there next to px plz thks k)
Old 03-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #183
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

you broke my dola without me having a chance to dola...

to add that yeah, it made sense, to me at least.

FM
Old 03-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #184
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I take shits all the time, but I don't mind as long as there's some quilted Northern around.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #185
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I take shits all the time, but I don't mind as long as there's some quilted Northern around.

What a lame attempt at humor, jackass.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #186
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Can we ban chicks from the board?
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:41 PM   #187
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:

I don't know why, but this cracked me up. It reminds me of some sort of threat by the U.N.

"Don't call me honey... ever."

"Or what?"

"Or.... I will ask you again. And not so nicely this time."
Old 03-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #188
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
That's a long time to be always fighting...

Yep FM, it is.
But it appears pretty likely that it'll be right up until the day I die.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #189
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:

I don't know what's more classic, your original one-liner, or your attack on said one-liner
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #190
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

And people think I've got issues?
I think you just just flamed yourself.

Oddly enough, that may be the highlight of the thread to date.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #191
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Yep FM, it is.

good luck with that

Sometimes, I think that "live and let live" is better for my blood pressure

FM
Old 03-09-2006, 02:47 PM   #192
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Yep FM, it is.

When I just read that, I had a weepy, tragic strings arrangement playing in my mind.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:16 PM   #193
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
And people think I've got issues?
I think you just just flamed yourself.

Oddly enough, that may be the highlight of the thread to date.

I had to reread the posts, double check I hadn't missed something, but no - you were right: within 3 minutes there was a self-flame

Beautiful stuff
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #194
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What just happened?
Old 03-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #195
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What just happened?

Not much really, mostly SSDD.
Although Schmidty did manage to flame himself.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #196
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
But that logic suggests that it's OK to call everyone on the board by an obscene name, so long as they aren't married to another board member and their spouse will go Jean Claude on your ass. That suggests there is some kind of magic shield protecting married board members. It can't work that way.

The mods have to have a "veil of ignorance" about these kind of things. You can't take those things into consideration.

Then again, FN took the high road and played the "your momma" card, so I think he loses any "don't pick on my wife" credibility.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #197
kcchief19
Pro Starter

You should check out the RWBL message boards from a few weeks ago when Schmidty got drunk on a couple of wine coolers, went ape on a couple of other owners, quit the league and showed up sober the next trying to remember what the hell happened. Good stuff.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #198
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

okay, apparently I missed the thread that led to FN's boxing. Who called his wife the "c word"?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #199
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
okay, apparently I missed the thread that led to FN's boxing. Who called his wife the "c word"?

stevew
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #200
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
not even the baboons could wind this thread down

That's because it's the baboons that are winding it up!

Oh snap!
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote