Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-06-2006, 09:23 PM   #151
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, just wow.

Oh, and Kim is hot.

i am a little pissed about the ass that played Kim's boyfriend. He freaking gave up too much on the Bob and Tom show this morning. I won't relay it here for those who didn't hear it, or didn't pick up on it so not to ruin it for anyone else as it also involves future episodes. With them being huge fans of the show, I'm kind of surpriese that they didn't call him on it.

Oh, and damn, not Edgar!!!! I have to admit, I thought they were setting him up to be the hero of this one. Actually he's sort of the goat. After hearing about the intruder and knowing what she said about the alert in the mechanical room, I would have thought it not that difficult to put 2 and 2 together. Especially since the whole theme had been nerve gas and air vents.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:23 PM   #152
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Like 15 red shirts are on hand to take anyone on the floor into custosy within seconds of Rudy's call, but anytime somebody breaches security the only people who are around are one (soon to be dead) red shirt and Jack Bauer. What is the fatality rate for the red shirt job? About 35%?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #153
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd
Like 15 red shirts are on hand to take anyone on the floor into custosy within seconds of Rudy's call, but anytime somebody breaches security the only people who are around are one (soon to be dead) red shirt and Jack Bauer. What is the fatality rate for the red shirt job? About 35%?

That's less than the fatality rate for "guys going with Jack to look for a suspect." I think that's up around 90%. Why do you think he's been solo so much this season?

"Johnson, go be the unrecognizable agent on Jack's side! By the way, who's your next of kin?"
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #154
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Okay, here's a question though. The terrorists were going to take the nerve gas off American soil, yet they had planned on attempting to get the key card. That's not something that just pops up, that had to be planned well in advance. Either the plan was to never take it off American soil (which I suspect due to Henderson's involvement and his vendetta against CTU) or the terrorists are actually the freaking Boy Scouts.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:53 PM   #155
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Poor Edgar.

*pours a little of his 40 on the concrete*

What the hell is with C. Thomas Howel's goatee? It's like a freakin' shrubbery that thing. It's huuuuuge.

I think Samwise/Rudy/The Goonie is next. He has to redeem himself for the key card fuck up.

All in all a fun two hours of television.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 01:34 AM   #156
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Stealing this from another board.

Quote:
There's always a socket open where your going....RIP

Poor Edgar. Heck, poor Carrie. She's just started then she's fired, rehired and stabbed in the neck.

Holy 80s Batman! First Mikey, then Warlock, then Robocop, then JoBeth Williams, and now Soul Man. Are the Brat Pack behind all of this?

Loved the scene with Curtis and his lead blockers.

"I shot her above the kneecap, she can still walk!"

I heart Jack.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:50 AM   #157
Captain2711
High School JV

So how did they find Rudy's sister and her boyfriend dead so quickly. They were executed in an apartment with a gun with a silencer on it. I guess the police just stumbled upon their place and looked in the window. I guess the only logical explanation is that after Rudy called her, CTU followed up the lead. A little to quick and convenient though.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #158
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain2711
So how did they find Rudy's sister and her boyfriend dead so quickly. They were executed in an apartment with a gun with a silencer on it. I guess the police just stumbled upon their place and looked in the window. I guess the only logical explanation is that after Rudy called her, CTU followed up the lead. A little to quick and convenient though.

The "real time" aspect of "24" has gotten looser and looser with each season. Apparently Jack and Curtis can get pretty much anywhere in LA in about 2-5 minutes, but it takes a good 45 minutes to get from where the president is living to the airport.

I remember in the first season Jack seemed to spend a lot of time in the car driving around and around to different locations. It wasn't as exciting, but did keep the "real time" feel of the show.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #159
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
The "real time" aspect of "24" has gotten looser and looser with each season. Apparently Jack and Curtis can get pretty much anywhere in LA in about 2-5 minutes, but it takes a good 45 minutes to get from where the president is living to the airport.

I remember in the first season Jack seemed to spend a lot of time in the car driving around and around to different locations. It wasn't as exciting, but did keep the "real time" feel of the show.

That would be funny, spend a whole episode of Jack yelling in traffic at the car in front of him, as he gets out and drags a soccer mom from a mini-van and points the gun at her and yells "Where is the Nerve gas!!!"
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:02 AM   #160
Captain2711
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue

Chloe would just clear a path of red lights for Jack like Dr. Evil's son did in The Italian Job.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:13 AM   #161
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Chloe would just clear a path of red lights for Jack like Dr. Evil's son did in The Italian Job, as she had that ugly looking scowl on her face.
Fixed.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:59 AM   #162
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Maybe one ring could get him by?

If Chester Copperpot couldn't get in, I doubt Rudy can. Then again, he does have the map. What a clever little Goonie.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #163
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

definitely did not see the death of Edgar coming. Had an interesting discussion last night about who would be the next to go. Rudy/Samwise/Mikey would seem to be the logical choice, but they already did the redemption thing with Mason in Season 2. I'll be kind of disappointed if they return to that well.

BTW, I would have been happy had Kim not returned to the show. I don't know about this whole Eugene Landy-esque subplot.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #164
kingfc22
Head Coach

Just watched this on Tivo and I'm speechless. They freaking killed Edgar!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:50 PM   #165
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Loved the scene with Curtis and his lead blockers.

"I shot her above the kneecap, she can still walk!"

I heart Jack.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:02 PM   #166
amdaily
College Prospect

This show fucking blows now
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:13 PM   #167
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdaily
This show fucking blows now

Did another regular character died?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:14 PM   #168
amdaily
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Did another regular character died?

affirmative
Old 03-13-2006, 09:25 PM   #169
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
affirmative

Damn that sucks

I got an hour and half before it starts here in the west coast.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:00 AM   #170
kingfc22
Head Coach

Damn it. Can we start killing the terrorists please?!
Old 03-14-2006, 12:01 AM   #171
kingfc22
Head Coach

I want to see Curtis and Jack just whoop somebody's ass!
Old 03-14-2006, 12:01 AM   #172
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Damn

Two regulars died tonight. Wow
Old 03-14-2006, 02:16 AM   #173
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
NO!!!!!!! Not Egdar!!!!

apparently fat guys are more succeptable to this strand of nerve gas.. he ran (err fast walked) into the main area.. stared at chloe.. then fell over.. heh
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:01 AM   #174
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

They are setting up Jack for a Man On Fire type of rampage for the second half of this season. Michelle... Edgard... Tony... Jack will be one pissed of dude. More so.

Warlock. Robocop. Your hours are numbered.

The Vice President Hal Gardner. I wonder if his name's a shout out to the Green Lantern corps: Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:37 AM   #175
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Can anyone explain to me how the rooms are sealed off, only 3 of them, but yet jack can use a pen knife to cut through a "sealed" and get to another room that with A/C can flush out the scintox nerve gas, and that Duct tape holds this gas back, although the gas itself has acidic value to it and is eating through metal plates?
Old 03-14-2006, 07:52 AM   #176
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can anyone explain to me how the rooms are sealed off, only 3 of them, but yet jack can use a pen knife to cut through a "sealed" and get to another room that with A/C can flush out the scintox nerve gas, and that Duct tape holds this gas back, although the gas itself has acidic value to it and is eating through metal plates?

Ah the wonders of television...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:03 AM   #177
Captain2711
High School JV

Where's Rudy? Rudy.

You ready for this?

I've been ready for this my whole life.

Then you save us. You restart the AC and begin the flushing out of the poison.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #178
jbmagic
Pro Starter

[quote=gottimd]Can anyone explain to me how the rooms are sealed off, only 3 of them, but yet jack can use a pen knife to cut through a "sealed" and get to another room that with A/C can flush out the scintox nerve gas, and that Duct tape holds this gas back, although the gas itself has acidic value to it and is eating through metal plates?[/QU

Jack called MacGyver
Old 03-14-2006, 08:28 AM   #179
amdaily
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I want to see Curtis and Jack just whoop somebody's ass!

By the look of the preview, Curtis' time is numbered on the show as well
Old 03-14-2006, 09:00 AM   #180
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Where's Rudy? Rudy.

You ready for this?

I've been ready for this my whole life.

Then you save us. You restart the AC and begin the flushing out of the poison.

You can do it Samwise.

There is only one program.

One program the starts the A/C.

One program to save them all.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #181
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Goonies never say die. Unless they breathe scintox nerve gas.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:37 AM   #182
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Jack, he wants the best of stuff for us. But right now, he's got to do what's right for him. Because it's his time. His time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we open this door.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #183
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I think the writers should have had Lynn walk around in a Notre Dame jacket, barefoot and always using an inhaler.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:46 AM   #184
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Correct me if I'm mistaken. By my count, the only original characters remaining after Tony's death are Jack, Kim, Mike Novack and Aaron Pierce. This show is not shy about killing people off.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:22 PM   #185
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

"My name is Tony Almeida. You killed my wife. Prepare to die."

No silent clock for Tony? Edgar got one. Although come to think of it I don't think Palmer and Michelle got one either.

I don't understand why Tony would go for a needle when he could of just shot Robocop.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #186
amdaily
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW

I don't understand why Tony would go for a needle when he could of just shot Robocop.

agreed. stupid ]plot hole
Old 03-14-2006, 09:33 PM   #187
Coop
High School JV

Tony was suppose to die in the first episode with Michelle, but Carlos suggested they keep him in a little bit longer, apparently.
BTW, it was a stupid death

Last edited by Coop : 03-14-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:29 AM   #188
Ragone
Pro Rookie

i liked the guard with rudy in the holding pen

"HEY... I'M OKAY... I'M!*Vomit**Convulse**Dead*

heh
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:31 AM   #189
Captain2711
High School JV

I love the fact Rudy was so inept and under strain to run CTU, but somehow manages to pull it all together and save everyone.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:32 AM   #190
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
I love the fact Rudy was so inept and under strain to run CTU, but somehow manages to pull it all together and save everyone.

His resume did say "Works well under pressure".
Old 03-15-2006, 12:40 PM   #191
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Man...they really AREN'T shy in kiling anyone off. No one is safe...and scooper, I think your count is right there.

Although I kinda wish Kim wouldn't have come back. She is hot, yes...but being a bitch about the whole situation. Oh well, I guess we will see.

Go Jack Go!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:19 PM   #192
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Jack once said in an interview that he not safe either.

I can see this show format going on for many seasons. If Jack or the producer ever decide it time for a change, i can see a new lead character taking over.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:27 PM   #193
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Jack once said in an interview that he not safe either.

I can see this show format going on for many seasons. If Jack or the producer ever decide it time for a change, i can see a new lead character taking over.

No way, if Jack dies, the whole world will internally combust. It will look like the Death Star blowing up.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #194
scooper
College Benchwarmer

I will cry in fear for my family's safety if Jack Bauer is ever killed off.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #195
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
No way, if Jack dies, the whole world will internally combust. It will look like the Death Star blowing up.

The word is they're looking to move Jack to a feature film series and keep the show running with other people.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #196
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yeah, I always thought that Jack wasn't safe as well. Who knows what will happen!
Old 03-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #197
jbmagic
Pro Starter

If Jack ever dies or leaves the show, who do you like to see as the lead man?

Vin Diessel?
Old 03-15-2006, 07:54 PM   #198
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
If Jack ever dies or leaves the show, who do you like to see as the lead man?

Vin Diessel?

Larry David.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:59 PM   #199
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
The word is they're looking to move Jack to a feature film series and keep the show running with other people.

A 24 hr. movie.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:02 PM   #200
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
A 24 hr. movie.

yep.

I think if there a movie, it will be based between end of one season to the beginning of a new season. Like they did on X-files when they made the movie for it.

There already a video game for 24. The game timeline is between season 2 and season 3.