Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2005, 08:18 PM   #151
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Barbosa passes to Rooney in the center of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. excellent save by their keeper.

6 minute mark: Marchetti starts the counterattack.. long pass to Rooney.. he is way ahead of the defense.. oops.. too far ahead. Offsides call.

16 minute mark: Chivu intercepts a pass in our zone.. he passes it long to the left side of the box.. Rooney beats the defender to it.. dribbles towards the left post.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

36 minute mark: Barbosa dribbles down the left sideline.. centers it to the middle of the box.. Rooney heads it.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

Halftime: 1-0 lead. Not as big of a lead as I was hoping for.. I'm going to rest Rooney anyway and put Wright on for him. They have over 27,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Ben Watson with a corner kick.. the near post.. Adriano punches it out.. Bothroyd gets it on the edge of the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Adriano dives.. it is past him. GOAL. 1-1 match.

51 minute mark: Chivu starts the counterattack.. passes it to Adriano at midpitch.. he passes long to Wright.. he has a breakaway.. the keeper backpedals.. Wright shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.

66 minute mark: Ortega on for Schreurs and Cahais on for Marchetti who is playing poorly.

77 minute mark: Djemba passes it to Adriano.. he forces the ball into the box.. Wright has it.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. good shot.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

80 minute mark: Parker steals it at midpitch.. passes it to Djemba.. Djemba passes it to Wright in the box.. Wright immediately shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper can't get to it.. GOAL!!!!! 2-1. That is Wright's first career goal for us!

87 minute mark: Parker passes to Wright in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. good save by the keeper.

89 minute mark: Ferdinand intercepts the offense.. has a perfect 50 yard pass up the length of the pitch.. into the box.. Adriano gets to it.. fakes out the keeper.. dribbles to his right.. shoots... upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1.

Game over. 3-1 win.

We outshot them 16-10 (9-7 on target)

Barbosa wins MoM, 8 for form, 24 of 33 passes, 4 key passes, 1 of 6 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 4 interceptions, 5 runs, 4 fouls drawn.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:28 PM   #152
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We are at the halfway point of the season.

We are in 1st place with 14 wins, 4 draws, and 1 loss. That gives us a total of 46 points. We have scored 50 league goals which is 1st by a wide margin (32 is the next highest total.) WE have only allowed 9 league goals which is the lowest allowed. Therefore, our GD of plus 41 is by far the best.

Chelsea is 2nd in every category. They have 12 wins, 5 draws, and 2 losses for 41 points. They have scored 32 goals. They have allowed 11 goals. They have a GD of plus 21.

Aston Villa is 3rd with 10 wins, 6 draws, and 3 losses. They have 36 points. They hae scroed 27 goals and allowed 14 goals. Their GD of plus 13 is 3rd in the EPL.

Newcastle is 4th with 10 wins, 4 draws, and 5 losses for a total of 34 points. They have scored 30 goals, but given up 23 goals.

Liverpool is 5th with 9 wins, 4 draws, and 5 losses for a total of 31 points. They have scored 27 goals and allowed 18 goals. They have a GD of 9.

Other notables:

Arsenal is 8th in the EPL with 7 wins, 5 draws, and 7 losses for a total 26 points.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:55 PM   #153
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 14, 2014 -

Salva has resumed full training. Good to see him back at it.

Interesting, Arsenal manager Martin Jol has publicly fined Salomon Kalou 2 weeks wages for missing training. Kalou is a talented right winger. I wonder if they are going to trade him on the cheap.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #154
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 17, 2014 -

Today we host Tottenham in an EPL match. They are currently 8th in the EPL and they are doing well due to a powerful offense. Striker Carlton Cole is the leader of the team and he has 15 goals. They have a few guys also aiding him including new midielder Davide Chiumiento who has 8 assists and 6 goals. Chiumiento is 30, but he is really on top of his game this year. Ledley King is playing good defense, but the rest of the defenders aren't giving him much help. Paul Robinson is a very good keeper, but he is finally showing the first signs of decline at 35 years old. Also he is getting overwhelmed with a high number of shots. However, he can still shut down a team when he is on top of his game.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 30's.

GK: Howard
DL: Chivu
DC: Salva (gotta throw him back into the fire)
DC: Marchetti
DR: Grygera
ML: Downing
MC: Djemba
MC: Parker
MR: Schreurs
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S1: Adriano, GK
S2: Godoy
S3: Barbosa
S4: Wright
S5: Cahais
Old 06-19-2005, 05:16 PM   #155
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Downing passes to Rooney in the left edge of the box.. he draws two defenders over.. he draws the keeper over.. Rooney fires a beautiful pass through all of the traffic.. finds Adriano by the far post.. alone with a defender.. he heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 1-0.

7 minute mark: Djemba steals it at midpitch.. passes it to Rooney just outside the box.. Rooney draws two defenders over.. fires a pass to Parker just outside the box.. Parker shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it is past him.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

10 minute mark: Downing takes the corner kick.. to the middle of the 6 yard box... Adriano outjumps his defender.. heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

18 minute mark: Salva with a good defensive play on Cole.

44 minute mark: Djemba steals it at midpitch.. fakes out a defender.. passes it between two defenders into the box.. Rooney outraces them to the ball.. he fakes out the keeper with a shoulder fake right.. dribbles left.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

Halftime: 4-0 lead. We have over 67,000 fans here today.

53 minute mark: Wright on for Rooney and Godoy on for Adriano.

63 minute mark: Parker gets a yellow card for pushing Ledley King.

75 minute mark: Djemba passes to Wright in the left side of the box.. he fires a pass between two defenders.. up high.. Godoy with a diving header.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it is past him.. GOAL!!!! 5-0.

Cahais on for Salva.

Game over. 5-0 win for us.

We outshot them 12-2 (9-0 on target)

Djemba wins MoM, 9 for form, 36 of 45 passes, 4 key passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 3 of 6 headers, 3 interceptions, 3 runs, 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist.

Downing also had a 9 for form. Every other starter had an 8 (except for Howard who had a 7.)
Old 06-19-2005, 05:22 PM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 18, 2014 -

Everyone and their mother is offering Everton 30-35 million dollars for Sean Brady. I decide to throw my bid as well for 33 million dollars.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:44 PM   #157
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 21, 2014 -

Today we travel to play Liverpool in an EPL Match. They are currently in 4th while we are in 1st. They are led by a superb duo of strikers in Dhibril Cisse (who leads the team with 17 goals) and Yakubu (who is 2nd on the team with 7 goals.) Andres D'Alessandro is a premiere midfielder. Nigel Reo-Coker plays a strong midfield. Jeroen Beekmans and Andrew Black are struggling at times in the centreback position. Chris Kirkland has been very solid in goal.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 40's.

DL: Schmidt
DC: Salva
DR: Brown
ML: Barbosa
MC: Fletcher

S2: Wood
S3: Ortega
S5: Lucio
Old 06-19-2005, 06:08 PM   #158
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

16 minute mark: Howard blocks a lazy shot from D'Alessandro from 25 yards out.. Yakubu gets the rebound.. shoots from 5 yards.. great block by Howard.. Cisse gets the rebound.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0. Terrible handling by Howard on that first shot.

22 minute mark: Ridgewell races back to stop a Rooney breakaway and he catches him one-on-one to stop a potential scoring opportunity.

37 minute mark: Ridgewell stops Rooney again to prevent a breakaway.

41 minute mark: Schmidt is called for pushing D'Alessando.. yellow card for Schmidt.. Barbosa argues the call.. he gets a yellow card too.

I Scream at the ref as he blows the halftime whistle ending a Rooney breakaway!

Halftime: Down 1-0. They have over 60,000 fans here today.

53 minute mark: Schmidt passes it long.. diagonal pass up the pitch from midfield.. into the center of the box.. it's over Rooney's head.. Adriano jumps.. outjumps his man.. Kirkland was covering Rooney.. Adriano heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

65 minute mark: Wright on for Adriano who is tired, and Ortega on for Schreurs who is also tired.

75 minute mark: Wood on for Parker.

85 minute mark: Wood passes to Ortega in the right side of the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.. Wright is racing to the rebound.. the defender just beats him to it.

92 minute mark: Reo-Coker passes the ball into the box.. Great pass.. Yakubu gets it.. he fakes to his right.. dribbles left.. gets Howard off balance.. shoots.. upper right corner.. Howard can't get to it.. GOAL. Down 2-1.

92 minute mark: We pass the ball back to Brown.. he passes it to Ortega just right of the box.. Ortega dribbles into the right side of the box.. Ortega centers it for Wright.. Wright hits it on the half-volley.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-2. I LOVE the immediate response!

Game over. 2-2 tie. I'm satisfied with our effort in this tough road match. I'm particularly happy to see our team respond to the late goal.

They outshot us 16-12 (9-7 on target in our favor.)

Barbosa wins MoM, 9 for form, 13 of 18 passes, 1 key pass, 4 of 6 tackles, 7 of 11 headers, 1 interception, 20 runs, 4 fouls drawn.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:22 PM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 22, 2014 -

Grygera, Downing, and Djemba were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Bob Wright came into my office and told me he is glad that I'm finally starting to use him, and he is convinced that he will show me he has the talent to become a first team regular.

I like the kids' attitude.

Dec. 24, 2014 -

Everton refused my 33 million dollar offer for Sean Brady, but sold him to Real Madrid for 30 million (I guess they didn't want to sell to a rival.) Brady is thrilled to go to Real Madrid. At least, I don't have to compete against this talented kid any longer.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:27 PM   #160
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 26, 2014 -

Today we host Fulham in an EPL Match. They are in 6th place in the EPL. They have a small squad and injuries have their best played, Thomas Hitzlsperger, sidelined for this match. Helder Postiga, David, and Collins John are a trio of strikers that each have 10 goals and each can be dangerous. John Hall and Enrico Gaede play excellent defense. Phil Dunn is settling into the left wing role well. Michael Rensing has been inconsistent in goal, and I'm hoping we can catch him on an off night.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the 40's.

DL: O'Shea
DR: Boogaart (back from injury fully!)

S2: Djemba
S3: Cook
S4: Wright (he continues to do well. Soon my regular 3rd striker will be back from injury, will Wright continue to get significant PT?)
Old 06-19-2005, 06:43 PM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Barbosa gets a yellow card for a trip on Jay Tabb.

Very boring first half. They are playing 8 to 9 men back and they are stifling our offense.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 66,000 fans here today.

55 minute mark: Our midfielders pass it back and forth.. probing the defense.. Flethcer passes it to Parker in the middle of the box.. Parker shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

58 minute mark: Fletcher passes it to Barbosa in the left half of the box.. Barbosa blasts a shot.. upper right corner.. it deflects off Dunn, a defender, in the 6 yard box.. sails into the left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

63 minute mark: Cook on for Fletcher and Wright on for Rooney.

68 minute mark: Phil Dunn collides with Adriano.. Adriano is hurt. I put Djemba on for Adriano.

Game over. 2-0 win.

We outshot them 10-2 (6-1 on target)

Barbosa wins MoM, 9 for form, 10 of 16 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 4 of 8 headers, 19 runs, 3 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:55 PM   #162
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Adriano twisted his knee and will miss at least a week.

Dec. 29, 2014 -

Wow. One of the former Manchester United players has made it as a coach. Louis Saha has been hired by Paris to be their new manager.

James McFadden is back from his injury.

Boogaart was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:12 PM   #163
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 1, 2015 -

The Board is delighted with my performance as manager.

Wayne Rooney has won the World Footballer of the Year Award. Cristiano Ronaldo of Milan came in 2nd, and Adriano of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney has won the World Player of the Year Award. Stewart Downing came in 2nd, and my Adriano (the striker) came in 3rd. Wow! I think that is the first time I've ever swept that award.

Wayne Rooney has won the European Footballer of the Year Award. Cristiano Ronaldo came in 2nd, and Stewart Downing came in 3rd.

Barcelona's Victor Valdes has won the European Goalkeeper of the Year Award. Tim Howard came in 2nd, and Iker Casillas of Real Madrid came in 3rd.

Felipe of Milan won the European Defender of the Year Award. Salva (mine) came in 2nd, and Fabricio Coloccini of Milan came in 3rd.

Cristiano Ronaldo has won the European Midfielder of the Year Award. Stewart Downing came in 2nd, and Jeroen Schreurs came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney has won the European Striker of the Year Award. Adriano of Chelsea came in 2nd, and my Adriano came in 3rd.

Helder Barbosa has won the EPL Player of the Month. Freddy Adu of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Achille Emana of Bolton came in 3rd.

Charlton's Rob Morgan has won the EPL Young Player of the Month Award. David Turner of Bolton came in 2nd, and Darren Bennett of Norwich came in 3rd.

Chelsea's Mane has won the EPL Manager of the Month. Martin Jol of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Micky Adams of Newcastle came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney won the goal of the month for one of his strikers against Southampton.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:27 PM   #164
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

SO I have been playing with harrogate, and I won promotion to the EC now, and have won promotion every year but my assistant manager always tells me that every player I either look at or buy is not worthwhile yet I keep winning, also all my players are one star when I ask for a team report, how should I evaluate players then?
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:31 PM   #165
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 3, 2014 -

Newcastle has offered a Bosman contract to Souleymane Mamam.

Today we play Millwall in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. This match is on their pitch. Millwall is currently 17th in the English Championship and we should significantly outclass them. Their best players are striker Przemyslaw Potrzasaj, right winger Alexander Baumjohann, midfielder Mark Douglas, centreack Simon Marshall, and keeper Maurizio Tommasi. We shouldn't have too much trouble with any of their players.

We are 2-5 favorites.

GK: Adriano
DR: Boogaart
SC: McFadden
SC: Wright (he has earned a start and I think I can rest Rooney this match.)

S1: Howard
S2: Rooney (will only play if we are down at the half.)
S4: Godoy
Old 06-19-2005, 07:40 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22
SO I have been playing with harrogate, and I won promotion to the EC now, and have won promotion every year but my assistant manager always tells me that every player I either look at or buy is not worthwhile yet I keep winning, also all my players are one star when I ask for a team report, how should I evaluate players then?

I rarely pay attention to my AM and particularly ignore him at the lower levels where he isn't likely to be too good at evaluating talent.

I use Marc's general guidelines which are:

16 is a good rating for an EPL player.

14 is a good rating for an English Championship Player.

12 is a good rating for a League One Player.

10 is a good rating for a League Two Player

8 is good for an English National Conference Player.

Of course, I try to find better attributes than this guideline, but I do my best to make sure that my players have at least these attributes in whatever I consider the key attributes for that position.

Those change depending upon my system. With my current 4-4-2, I'm looking for a keeper with good reflexes, one-on-one, handling, aerial ability, and handling. (of course if everything is good that is a big plus.)

I want each of my fullbacks to have good tackling, pace, positioning, and passing. Also decision making is particularly important for me in all of my defenders.

For my centrebacks, I want them to have good positioning, heading, jumping, and pace (not as important but I still like it.) Of course, I want other attributes to be good as well, but I'll overlook somethings if those areas are high, particularly at lower levels.

For my wingers, I want good crossing ability, good passing, good dribbling, and good pace. Marking is a nice plus as well.

For my midfielders, I want decent strength, tackling, heading, passing, and determination. At higher levels, I want long shooting, creativity, and flair here as well.

For my strikers, I usually look for at least 2 with good pace, finishing, first touch, long shooting, and heading (not as important but still nice.)

For my other two strikers, I usually look for good heading, strength, jumping, and preferably good pace as well. Of course, if I can get strikers with all of these attributes plus long shooting, finishing, first touch, and passing than that is the best.

However, it really depends upon your system. You can make many different systems work if you have an idea of what you want to accomplish and make sure you acquire guys who fit that vision.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:41 PM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, of course there are always exceptions to the rule. Some guys just outperform their attributes. Wright is playing much better than his attributes would indicate that he should play. Some times, you just gotta throws guys out on the pitch and watch them. Some may really surprise you
Old 06-19-2005, 07:43 PM   #168
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

One other thing is that I always want my players to have at least a decent score in the teamwork attribute. I'll reject guys with low teamwork ratings unless they are truly amazing. At lower levels, it is hard to be picky about this at times, but on my current team, I've rejected several guys just because a low teamwork rating.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-19-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:59 PM   #169
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: Bill Barron elbows Schreurs.. yellow card for Barron.

15 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick to the near post.. Marchetti heads it.. the keeper with a good save.

21 minute mark: Schreurs passes it to McFadden just outside the box.. he heads it to Wright in the box.. Wright shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

31 minute mark: McFadden intercepts the ball at midpitch.. passes it 40 yards nto the edge of the box.. Wright beats two defenders to it.. great anticipation.. he fakes to his left.. dribbles right.. around the keeper.. fires a shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

44 minute mark: Downing passes to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.. Wright gets to the rebound.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0. Wright with 2 in the first half.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. They have almost 20,000 fans here today.

56 minute mark: Adriano stops a long range shot from Barron.

68 minute mark: Adriano stops a long range shot from Barron.

Cahais on for Schmidt, Ortega on for Downing, and Godoy on for McFadden. I have Godoy move to the right striker, and Wright to the left striker.

73 minute mark: Cahais with a long diagonal pass into the box.. Godoy outjumps his man.. heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

84 minute mark: Kamanan dribbles down the left sideline.. crosses it to the right side of the box.. Baumjohann shoots.. upper right corner.. Adriano dives.. it is past him. GOAL. 3-1 match.

92 minute mark: Kamanan passes it into the left side of the box... Barkins shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL. 3-2 match.

Game over. 3-2 win for us. I'm a little disappointed with our lack of defensive intensity the last 10 minutes, but otherwise a good win.

We outshot them 15-10 (11-5 on target)

Bob Wright wins MoM, 9 for form, 22 of 25 passes, 2 key passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 2 of 12 headers, 3 interceptions, 2 runs, 3 fouls drawn, and 2 goals. He showed some really smart passing skill.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:17 PM   #170
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 5, 2015 -

We always seem to have an unfavorable match in the 4th or 5th round of the English FA Cup. This time we will be hosting Chelsea in the 4th round of the English FA Cup.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:20 PM   #171
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 7, 2015 -

Today we host Tottenham in the League Cup Semi Final Leg 1. You can read about Tottenham's team in our Dec. 17, 2014 preview of that recent match. We beat them that time 5-0. Hopefully, we can pull off a similar result here.

We are 4-6 favorites.

MC: Wood
MC: Cook
MR: Ortega

S2: Wright
S3: Downing
S4: Godoy
Old 06-20-2005, 05:40 PM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Marchetti stops a Cole incursion into our box.

8 minute mark: Marchetti with a goal saving tackle on Cole.

10 minute mark: Salva starts the counterattack.. long pass to Rooney.. he outraces two defenders.. into the box.. blasts a powerful shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. gets a finger tip on it and pushes it wide.

12 minute mark: Schmidt starts our counterattack.. long pass to Barbosa at midpitch.. he passes it ahead to Rooney.. Rooney dribbles between two defenders into the left side of the box.. draws another defender over.. fires a pass to Adriano in the middle of the 6 yard box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. Ortega immediately taps in the rebound for the goal! GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is ortega's 5th of the year.

30 minute mark: Ortega gets a yellow card for a trip on Ryan.

45 minute mark: Barbosa with a corner kick to Salva in the box.. the keeper outjumps Salva and punches it away.. Ortega gets it 25 yards out.. he blasts a shot.. will it make it through heavy traffic.. yes.. upper left corner.. the keeper has no chance! GOAL!!!! 2-0. Ortega with his 2nd of this match.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. We have about 80,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Rooney gets a yellow card for a trip on Cani.

55 minute mark: Ortega passes to Adriano in the right side of the box.. he shoos.. upper left corner.. good save by their keeper.

61 minute mark: Ortega passes to Barbosa just inside the box.. Barbosa hits a powerful left footed shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. it is just beyond his reach.. GOAL!!! 3-0. That is Barbosa's 5th of the year.

65 minute mark: Barbosa passes to Rooney.. he draws the defense over.. fires a pass to Ortega by the far post.. he heads it.. over the bar.

Wright on for Rooney and Godoy on for Adriano.

75 minute mark: Cahais on for Schmidt.

Game over. 3-0 win.

We outshot them 8-7 (7-1 on target)

Ortega wins MoM, 10 for form, 15 of 20 passes, 0 of 2 tackles, 4 of 7 headers, 9 interceptions, 18 runs, 3 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 2 goals.

Barbosa had a 9 for form.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:58 PM   #173
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 8, 2015 -

WOW. Milan has offered 31 million dollars plus 40% of next sale for Barry Parker. I'm looking at my notes on this kid and I'm realizing that he is becoming my most dominant defensive midfielder. I need to use him more consistently. I don't want to lose Parker so I counter with an offer of 60 million dollars. If they offer that, I'll let him go.

Craig King has resumed full training from his injury.

Stewart Downing will miss our upcoming match against Aston Villa after he injured his ankle in training today. He will miss at least a week.

Southampton have offered 6 million dollars plus 30% of next sale for Paul Kelly. Paul is an interesting guy. He is only 23, and he has many good qualities. He has excellent agility, balance, he is a good finisher. However, he doesn't have many of the qualities I want in an all around midfielder, nor does he have the qualities I want in an attack midfielder. For one, he doesn't show good teamwork. He makes poor decisions. He lacks bravery or aggression. He isn't a very good passer. However, he does many things well, and he could do well in the right system. I just don't see him fitting in my system. I decide to take the 6 million for him.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-20-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:14 PM   #174
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 10, 2015 -

Today we host Aston Villa in an EPL Match. They are 3rd in the EPL while we are in 1st. Aston Villa has a good offense and an excellent defense. Quentin Westberg has recently taken over in goal for them, and the 28 year old American is playing very well so far this year with 4 clean sheets and 3 goals conceded in his other 3 matchs. Steven Taylor and Joao Dias are playing very solid defense. Mourad Meghni has been a very creative midfielder who has played superbly this year. Luke Moore is the leading striker with 11 goals on the year. Jhon Jairo Mosquera is a good #2 striker with 8 goals.

We are 4-5 favorites.

S2: Cook
S3: Alfonso
S5: Brown
Old 06-20-2005, 06:27 PM   #175
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

13 minute mark: Barbosa with a corner kick.. to Salva by the near post.. he outjumps his man.. heads it.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!! 1-0. That is Salva's 1st goal of the year.

24 minute mark: Salva with a good tackle to stop a Luke Moore breakaway.

32 minute mark: Adriano is tackled by a defender from behind in the box.. penalty awarded.. Fletcher steps up... shoots.. lower left corner.. Westberg dives.. blocks it.. Fletcher gets to the rebound.. shoots it into the upper right corner before the keeper can recover.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. We have over 73,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Barbosa with a cross from the left side of the box.. Schreurs with a half-volley.. he deflects off two defenders and rolls into the right side of the net.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

63 minute mark: Cook on for Adriano and Wright on for Rooney.

Game over. 3-0 win.

We outshot them 13-0 (8-0 on target)

Fletcher wins MoM, 8 for form, 36 of 42 passes, 5 key passes, 0 of 2 tackles, 0 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 1 run, 1 foul drawn, and 1 goal.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #176
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 11, 2015 -

Milan have withdrawn their offer for Barry Parker

Jan 12, 2015 -

Boogaart and Fletcher were selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Paul Kelly reached an agreement with Southampton and that deal is now complete. We have received 6 million dollars.

Middlesbrough have paid Sunderland 5.4 million for Charlie Wilson. Charlie is a 23 year old defensive midfielder that my predecsor probably sold to Sunderland. We have received almost 2 million as part of that old deal and future transfer considerations.

January 13, 2015 -

Wigan have hired David Platt from Watford to become their new manager.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:03 PM   #177
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 14, 2015 -

Today we travel to play Charlton which has been doing suprisingly well in the EPL this year. They are currently in 11th place and might be one of the first teams in a while to be promoted into the EPL and hang out for a while. Charlton's Talent isn't that good which makes their total team effort even more impressive. Their offense is doing just barely enough and their defense is playing very solid football. In particular, Centreback Dean Leacock is playing well. Leacock is a 30 year old centreback who relies on very good positioning to help him play solid defense. Steve Gardner is playing well too. He hs ia 26 year old right fullback who gets by on sheer determination. Dave Wood is a young talented Welsh Right winger who is hampered by a severe lack of footspeed. Otherwise, he might be an excellent right winger. Stephen Andersen is a 33 year old keeper who has been key to their success. He is playing VERY well this year with 13 clean sheets. Ross McCormack is their leading scorer with 5 goals. Ross is a 28 year old striker with good speed, and a nice finishing touch around the net. He is also very good at heading the ball.

We are heavy 1-3 favorites.

SC: King

S1: Howard
S3: Stevanovic
S5: O'Shea
Old 06-20-2005, 07:15 PM   #178
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: Salva passes to Parker who gets the counterattack really going with a long pass to Barbosa.. he heads it to McFadden.. McFadden is whistled for being offside.

21 minute mark: Parker gets a yellow card for pushing Harrison.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Boring first half as they kept a man back at all times. They have over 27,000 fans here today.

55 minute mark: King is tired, and he hasn't played very well in his first game back. I put Wright on for him.

75 minute mark: I slide Wright over and put Godoy on for McFadden. I also put Stevanovic on for Djemba. This might be our most boring game ever. Hopefully, the new blood can mix it up.

80 minute mark: Salva passes to Parker just outside the box.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper saves it.

92 minute mark: Barbosa passes to Stevanovic in the box.. he is tackled before he can shoot.

Game over. I'm disgusted with the lack of effort. There was no effort against this weaker team. 0-0 tie.

We outshot them 8-2 (4-1 on target)

Their keeper won MoM, 8 for form, 4 saves, 28 of 43 passes.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:31 PM   #179
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Souleymane Mamam has accepted a Bosman contract from Sunderland. He rejected offers from Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Southampton.

Jan 16, 2015 -

Roma has offered 36 million dollars for Alfonso. Alfonso is hardly being used this year with Barbosa's arrival, but Downing is getting older and Alfonso is a great 23 year old left winger. I need to keep Alfonso and start making sure I keep him happy. I decide to counter with 65 million dollars. If Roma wants to pay that much, I'll go ahead and take it.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:46 PM   #180
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 17, 2015 -

Today we host Chelsea in our FA Cup 4th round match. Chelsea has a dynamic team led by Adriano. At the age of 32, this striker shows no signs of slowing down. He has 20 goals in 22 starts this season. Freddy Adu is the main attacking midfielder behind him. Freddy plays consistently well, but doesn't have big stats this year. He has 6 goals and 4 assists in 25 starts. Stefan De Weerd is playing the other attacking midfield spot, and he has 5 goals and 5 assists. Stefan is a very good player who is an excellent leaper. Rafael van der Waart is aging and he isn't starting regularly in the midfield anymore. However, he is still dangerous in limited action. Diego, Sneijder and Robben are starting more frequently and they are doing very well despite their advancing age. Left back Fernando Navarro is a very good 32 year old left back who has done well for the team in his last 20 starts. Naldo and Urby Emanuelson have done well as the centrebacks since John Terry was injured. Glen Johnson has been a rock at right back for them this year. Petr Cech continues to play like a top flight keeper.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 40's.

S2: Djemba
S3: Alfonso
Old 06-20-2005, 08:13 PM   #181
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Rooney passes to the ball to Adriano.. he shoots from 30 yards out.. blistering banana shot.. upper left corner.. Cech can't reach it! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

9 minute mark: Navarro trips Schreurs.. just outside the box.

11 minute mark: Howard stops a 25 yard blast from their Adriano.

17 minute mark: Rooney steals a pass from Johnson far right of the box to the keeper.. Rooney dribbles into the 6 yard box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0. Rooney with a great steal and goal.

22 minute mark: Adu with a great pass between both of my defenders.. into the box for Adriano.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. 2-1 lead for us still.

27 minute mark: Salva starts the counterattack.. long pass to Schreurs just right of the box.. Schreurs dribbles past the left back.. into the box.. fires a quick pass to the far post.. Adriano with a diving header.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1.

42 minute mark: Adu with a great pass into the box.. Adriano shoots.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. catches it.

44 minute mark; Parker gets a yellow card for a trip on Ribiero.

Halftime: 3-1 lead for us. We have over 91,000 fans here today.

52 minute mark: Chivu gets a yellow card for tripping Adriano.

60 minute mark: Sneijder gets a yellow card for pulling Barbosa's jersey.

64 minute mark: My heart leaps through my chest as Rooney collides with Naldo and goes down in a heap.. he is holding his ankle.. we carry him off the pitch. I put Wright on for Rooney, and also Alfonso on for Barbosa.

66 minute mark: Adu dribbles into the box.. blasts a powerful left footed shot.. upper right corner.. Howard dives.. saves it.

73 minute mark: Cole passes to De Weerd just outside the box.. De Weerd fakes out Marchetti.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower right corner.. Howard dives.. it is past him.

76 minute mark: Alfonso gets a yellow card for obstructing Jordi.

78 minute mark: Fletcher gets a yellow card for tripping Adu.

80 minute mark: Sneijder passes to De Weerd on the edge of the box.. he fakes out Salva.. dribbles further into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. it's past Howard.. it hits the post.. and bounces in. GOAL. 3-3 game

Game over. 3-3 tie. We will be replaying this at Chelsea

They outshot us 13-8 (7-6 on target)

My Adriano wins MoM, 8 for form, 14 of 17 passes, 1 key pass, 0 of 3 tackles, 2 of 7 headers, 3 fouls drawn, and 2 goals.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:31 PM   #182
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 19, 2015 -

Zaragoza have sent 29 million to Arsenal to acquire Mathieu Fernandes. Mathieu is a 24 year old midfielder who is very promising, but he had been stagnating at Arsenal.

Lukas Podolski, Ashley Cole, Jose Antonio Reyes, and Joseph Yobo have all expressed concern about the shrinking Arsenal squad. They feel the team isn't keeping enough quality players to be competitive.

Zdenek Grygera went to the press demanding that he be inserted into the first team. The paper did a poll and 87% of fans think that Grygera should be getting more first team football! Don't those fans realize that he has lost most of his speed, his tackling ability, and that he is a shadow of himself?

CRAP!!! This was the only bad thing about getting Adriano as a keeper.... Both Howard and Adriano have been called up for the North American Gold Cup

I let out a sigh of relief as I re-read the announcement. They are asking for Adriano the striker, not my keeper

The draw for the 5th round of the English FA Cup was again unfavorable for us. If we beat Chelsea, we will play Arsenal on their pitch. There were over a half dozen EC teams left, and I can't believe we didn't get one of them.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:46 PM   #183
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 20, 2015 -

Roma withdrew their offer for Alfonso

Dalibor Stevanovic injured his groin and will miss a few weeks.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:00 PM   #184
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 21, 2015 -

Today we travel to play Tottenham in the 2nd leg of the English League Cup Semi-final. We are up 3-0 over Tottenham. Manchester City is up 3-0 over Norwich in the other Semi-Final. A Manchester City - Manchester United has a promising sound for a final.

We are 4-6 favorites.

GK: Adriano (This is his time to shine)
SC: King (must do better than his last match.)

S1: Dani (He has surprassed Chris Taylor in my reserve system and he gets the callup.)
S2: Alfonso
S3: Wayne Rooney (he is doubtful due to his injury last match and will only play if we fall to even score.)
S4: Lucio
S5: Wright
Old 06-20-2005, 09:31 PM   #185
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minute mark: Adriano stops a long range shot from Chiumiento.

15 minute mark: Ledley King passes to Mabizela in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Adriano misplays it.. GOAL. Down 1-0 (up 3-1 on aggregate.) That was a rather weak play by Adriano.

17 minute mark: Adriano stops a long shot by Momo.

19 minute mark: Downing dribbles into the box.. Mabizela trips him.. Penalty awarded! Yellow card for Mabizela. McFadden steps up.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

25 minute mark: King passes to McFadden.. he is tripped just outside the box.. Ledley King gets a yellow card.

28 minute mark: Parker's pass to McFadden sails over his head and across the endline.

30 minute mark: Adriano dives and catches a 15 yard shot by Chiumiento.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. They have over 36,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Jakobsen with a shot from 20 yards.. Adriano misplays it.. it sails over his shoulder... it hits the crossbar. Conte taps the rebound into the upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 2-1.

55 minute mark: Adriano with a good save of a shot from Conte from 15 yards out.

57 minute mark: Momo passes to Conte in the box.. he shoots from 10 yards out.. upper left corner.. Adriano dives.. blocks it.

58 minute mark: Lucio on for Marchetti (who is having a fairly poor match) and Wright on for King who is tired.

60 minute mark: Schreurs gets a yellow card for tripping Chiumiento.

70 minute mark: Boogaart passes to Parker just outside the box.. Parker blasts a shot.. strong curving shot.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. under the bar.. GOAL!!!! 2-2. That is Parker's 5th of the year. Not only is he a great defensive midfielder, he can shoot.

85 minute mark: Adriano with a flurry of saves.

86 minute mark: Alfonso on for Downing.

87 minute mark: Wright gets a yellow card for tripping Turner.

Game over. 2-2 tie. 5-2 win on aggregate.

We were outshot 20-10 (12-5 on target)

In that light, Adriano did a remarkable job.

However, Downing won MoM, 9 for form, 14 of 17 passes, 3 key passes, 4 of 6 tackles, 0 of 1 headers, 1 interception, 14 runs, 3 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.

Adriano also had a 9 for form with 10 saves, 4 of 18 passing.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:53 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were awarded 900,000 dollars for advancing to the Final.

Manchester City beat Norwich 3-1 and we will be playing them in the final on Feb. 22, 2015.

Jan. 22, 2014 -

Liverpool have offered us 13 million for Jamie Cook. I have to admit that he has disappointed me some, but I can't believe they think I will let this former Wonderkid go so cheaply. He is worth 21 million. I counter with an offer of 60 million which is as cheap as I would let him go. I still think he will be a key player, particularly as Fletcher and Djemba continue to age.

Jan 24, 2014 -

Adriano had a goal and an assist in Brazil's 3-0 win over Guatemala.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:02 PM   #187
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 25, 2015 -

Liverpool have withdrawn their offer for Jamie Cook

Today we play West Ham at home in an EPL match. West Ham is another team that joined the EPL this year, but they aren't doing as well as our last team was. They are currently 15th, but could easily fall into the relegation zone. Their defense is ok, but their offense is very poor. Their leading scorer is centreback Giuseppe Campisi, but he is injured for this match. Their second leading scorer is striker Craig Powell who is also injured for this match. Their third leading scorer is Dave Shaw, an attacking midfielder, who is also injured for this match. Victor will be their most dangerous scorer on the pitch, and he isn't much of a scoring threat. Michael Tonge is a good midfielder. No one else on the team is playing veyr well. Keeper Vlada Avramov has been overwhelmed this year.

We are 2-5 favorites.

GK: Adriano (I expect a more consistant performance this match.)

S1: Dani
S3: Cook
Old 06-20-2005, 10:21 PM   #188
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Their defenders stop a flurry of shots from my players.

10 minute mark: We are applying heavy pressure, but their defenders are flooding the box and blocking our shots early.

17 minute mark: Boogaart passes to Djemba outside the box.. he shoots from 22 yards out.. strong curving shot... upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

23 minute mark: Ortega gets a yellow card for a trip on Lennon.

31 minute mark: Paul Anderson pulls Ortega's jersey.. Anderson gets a yellow card.

Halftime: 1-0 lead We have over 84,000 fans here today.

62 minute mark: Barbosa passes to McFadden in the left side of the box.. he puts a good cross over dribble on his defender.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

68 minute mark: Wright on for King, Godoy on for Ortega, and Cook on for Fletcher.

89 minute mark: Barbosa crosses it to the near post.. Wright heads it.. just wide left of the goal.

Game over. 2-0 win.

We outshot them 19-1 (8-0 on target)

Boogaart wins MoM, 10 for form, 41 of 42 passes, 2 key passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 3 of 5 headers, 9 interceptions, 14 runs, 1 assist.

Barbosa also had a 10 for form.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:38 PM   #189
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Barbosa picked up a one match ban for too many yellow cards.

Tim Howard played well for the USA and they beat Belize 3-0.

Jan. 27, 2015 -

Boogaart and Djemba were selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Betis has offered 26 million dollars plus Francisco Javier Lopez Lopez for Antonio Ortega. Francisco is a VERY promising 19 year old defensive midfielder. However, I really like Ortega. I counter with an offer of 60 million plus this kid for Ortega.

Chelsea have offered 7 million plus Peter Merkestijin for Antonio Ortega. Peter is a promising 22 year old Dutch keeper. I counter with 80 million plus this kid for Ortega (I'm over my Adu infatuation as my midfielders are generally young and there isn't a need there.)

Tim Howard played well, but the USA tied Canada 0-0 in their North American Gold Cup Match.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:47 PM   #190
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 28, 2015 -

Liverpool have made an enquiry about Antonio Ortega and want to know how much I want for him. I declare my standard rival rate for this high calibre player, 85 million dollars

Today we play Chelsea in the English FA Cup Replay. Chelsea is reportedly using the same lineup as they did last time against us.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 30's.

S2: Cook
S4: Lucio
S5: McFadden
Old 06-20-2005, 11:12 PM   #191
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Ouch.. Adu dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. crosses it to the middle of the box.. Adriano heads it.. right over my Adriano's right shoulder.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

4 minute mark: Salva starts the attack with a good header to Rooney at midpitch.. he dribbles past two defenders.. around another defender.. around another defender into the box.. Rooney with an amazing dribble.. stutter steps... shoots.. lower right corner... Cech is offbalance... GOAL!!!! 1-1.

6 minute mark: Glen Johnson gets a yellow card for pulling Downing's jersey.

10 minute mark: Diego passes to Adriano in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. my Adraino dives.. saves it!

12 minute mark: Adu shoots from 30 yards out.. powerful shot.. Adriano saves it cleanly.

22 minute mark: Adu passes to Diego in the box.. Diego dribbles.. shoots from 10 yards out.. upper left corner.. Adriano dives.. catches it!

33 minute mark: Adriano with a long range curving shot.. upper left corner.. Adriano dives.. pushes it over the bar.

36 minute mark: Long range striker from Sneijder.. quick powerful shot.. Adriano clutches it to his chest.

38 minute mark: Rooney gets a yellow card for obstructing Glen Johnson.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. They have over 42,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Downing with a corner.. to the near post.. Marchetti heads it.. just over the bar.

49 minute mark: Johnson starts the counterattack.. long pass to Adriano.. he puts a spin move around Marchetti... he shoots.. upper right corner.. he squeezes it in the crack just between the keeper and the post.. GOAL. Down 2-1

55 minute mark: Boogaart with a long pass to Rooney.. just inside the box.. he shoots.. lower right corner.. excellent save by Cech.

59 minute mark: Adu passes to Adriano in the box.. he fakes left.. shoots.. upper right corner.. powerful shot from 15 yards.. Adriano can't get to it.. GOAL. 3-1. That is Adriano's hattrick.

65 minute mark: McFadden on for Rooney who is exhausted, Cook on for Parker, and Ortega on for Schreurs. I also tell the offense to open it wide up...

76 minute mark: Naldo shuts down a McFadden breakaway.

79 minute mark: Wood passes to McFadden in the box.. he tries to fake Cech out, but Cech maintains good position.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Cech saves it.

82 minute mark: Cook passes to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. excellent save by Cech.

Game over. 3-1 loss Chelsea always seems to knock us out of this particular competition. If I'm not mistaken they have knocked us out of this competition the last 3 years.

They outshot us 28-9 (17-6 on target)

Their Adriano won MoM, 10 for form, 23 of 24 passes, 2 key passes, 0 tackles, 5 of 19 headers, 3 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 3 goals.

I'm particularly annoyed that we blew our 3-1 lead in the first play of this match.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:26 AM   #192
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Adriano is playing well for Brazil. He had 2 goals and an assist in their 4-0 win over Anguilla in the North American Gold Cup Match.

Aston Villa have paid Manchester City 11 million dollars for 27 year old midfielder Rob Davis.

January 30, 2015 -

Well, that was unexpected. Chelsea have agreed to my offer of 80 million dollars plus Peter Merkestijin for Antonio Ortega

You know what, the kid is only 20 and he is already becoming VERY special. He is very fast, he has great passing ability, great first touch, great dribbling, great heading, great technique, great creativity, great flair, good determination, great pace, great acceleration. I decide to talk to Ortega. He says that he is really happy about his potential future at our club. I decide to turn down Chelsea's offer *gasp*.

Betis have accepted my counter offer of 65 million plus Francisco Javier Lopez Lopez for Ortega. I'm going to reject this deal too, but this might be the one that pisses Ortega off.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:40 AM   #193
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 31, 2015 -

DARN! Ortega is upset that I rejeced the offer from Chelsea. He says that he would rather be at Chelsea than Manchester United

I decide to try to solve this problem in the Manchester United way. I offer him a fat new contract. He is currently only making 2,000/week!!! Thus, he is vastly underpaid. I'm surprised he hasn't complained about this. I offer him 70,000/week plus 3 million signing bonus on a new 3 year deal. I'm also going to start using him frequently. He has surpassed Jeroen in ability according to my coaches (or they are very close.)

Liverpool have added 28 year old Portuguese full back Joao Dias from Aston Villa for 10 million dollars.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:45 AM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 31, 2015 -

Today we host Norwich in an EPL Match. We are currently 1st while Norwich is 18th. They are a relatively weak team that has been floundering in the EPL. They have a few good goal scorers, but their defense has consistently let them down and their offense has ben't that good. Striker Eddie Johnson has been their main scoring threat with 9 goals on the year. Luis is a 23 year old Spanish midfielder who is a sniper from long range and can be a dangerous scorer. Phil Tomlinson and Zesh Rehman try to work together well at the two centreback positions, but they frequently are beaten. Enrico Colombo is a 27 year old keeper who has some very good technical abilities, but also some fundamental flaws to his game. We should be able to score against him.

We are 1-6 favorites.

MC: fletcher
MC: Godoy
SC: Mcfadden

S2: Alfonso
S3: Schreurs
S5: Chivu
Old 06-21-2005, 11:08 AM   #195
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Boogaart dribbles up the right sideline.. crosses it to the middle of the box.. Rooney heads it.. over the bar.

7 minute mark: Barbosa crosses it long from the left sideline.. Rooney heads it.. over the bar.

10 minute mark: Boogaart gets a yellow card for a trip on Pablo Cesar.

13 minute mark: Godoy gets a yellow card for a two footed tackle on Johnson.

17 minute mark: Barbosa gets a yellow card for obstructing Bennett.

18 minute mark: Quick pass from Salva to Barbosa at midpitch.. he passes to Rooney just outside the box.. he blasts a shot from 20 yards out.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. flicks it over the bar.

21 minute mark: Barbosa dribbles up the left sideline.. centers it to the middle of the box.. Fletcher with a header.. upper left corner.. the keeper slips.. he can't get to it! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

28 minute mark: Barbosa passes the ball between two defenders to McFadden in the left side of the box.. McFadden fakes the pass to Rooney.. quick shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

40 minute mark: Barbosa passes to Rooney just outside the box.. quick curving shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper saves it.

Halftime: 2-0 lead. We have about 65,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Rooney clearly hates playing the right striker position, he is having a bad game. I decide to pull him early and end his misery. I apologize to him for putting him at right striker, and promise not to do it again. I put Wright in for him.

58 minute mark: Salva with a corenr kick.. to the near post.. Salva heads it.. just over the bar.

62 minute mark: Alfonso on for Barbosa who has picked up a minor injury, and Chivu on for Boogaart who is winded. Barbosa is given a standing ovation by the crowd.

84 minute mark: Godoy passes it into space on the right corner of the pitch.. Ortega beats his man to it.. he centers it to the near post.. Fletcher with a powerful header.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0. Great pass by Ortega.

Game over. 3-0 win for us.

We outshot them 22-1 (9-0 on target)

Barbosa wins MoM, 10 for form, 9 of 11 passes, 1 key pass, 1 of 2 tackles, 0 of 1 headers, 17 runs, 3 fouls drawn, and 2 assists.

Ortega also had a 10 for form. Fletcher had a 9 for form.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:23 AM   #196
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Helder Barbosa sprained his wrist and will miss about a week.

Feb 1, 2015 -

The board is delighted with my performance as manager. We are in 1st place in the EPL, but are only 3 points ahead of Chelsea. However, we are 14 points ahead of 3rd placed Liverpool.

Helder Barbosa won EPL Player of the Month. Antonio Ortega came in 2nd, and Jose Antonio Reyes came in 3rd.

Antonio Ortega has won the EPL Young Player of the Month. David Turner of Bolton came in 2nd, and Jonathan Nicholson of Southampton came in 3rd.

Tony Colbert of Liverpool won EPL Manager of the Month. Martin Jol of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Mane of Chelsea came in 3rd.

Eric Djemba's goal against West Ham on the 25th won goal of the month.

Tim Howard played well for the USA in their 2-0 win over Guatemala in their North American Gold Cup Match. The USA will advance to the Semi Final.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:03 PM   #197
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 2, 2015 -

Boogaart, Ortega, and Fletcher were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Antonio Ortega signed a new 3 year deal worth 14 million dollars

Of course, he is no longer upset at me turning down Chelsea's offer and is thrilled to be with the club.

Feb 3, 2015 -

International Roundup:

Dani started in goal for Spain's U21 team and did well. Antonio Ortega played on the right wing and had 2 assists in Spain's 3-0 win over the Czech Republic.

Brazil and the USA played in the semi final of the North American Gold Cup. Tim Howard played well, but Brazil overwhelmed the USA with superior firepower. Brazil won 2-0. Adriano had one of the goals for Brazil. Thiago Motta, a 32 year old midfielder, won MoM for his 2 assists.

Feb 7, 2015 -

Adriano had 2 goals and an assist in Brazil's 4-0 win over El Salvador in the North American Cup Final.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #198
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 8, 2015 -

Today we travel to play Manchester City in an EPL Match. They are currently in 14th place while we are in 1st. Their defense has been very solid led by the trio of Andrew Davies, Wayne Dunn, and Michael Dawson. Right winger Stephen Whelan is playing well, but their left wingers have been inconsistent. Benjamin Lauth is the leading goal scorer with 9 goals from his striker position. Libis Andres Areanas is having a down year in net, and I might finally be able to beat this frustrating keeper throughly.

We are 4-6 favorites.

GK: Adriano (Howard should be back soon)

S2: Ortega
S3: Godoy
S4: McFadden
Old 06-21-2005, 12:26 PM   #199
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: Boogaart passes to Rooney just outside the box.. beautiful pass.. Rooney dribbles between two defenders.. Rooney tries a low chip shot that barely goes over the keeper's head.. however, it clears the keeper.. a defender dives back.. partially blocks it.. but it is still a goal!! GOAL!!!! 1-0!

11 minute mark: Schmidt starts the counterattack.. long pass to King outside the box.. he dribbles.. two steps.. shoots.. between the two defenders.. it curls.. around the keeper.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! That is King's 5th. Injuries have really hurt his production this year.

19 minute mark: Rooney gets a yellow card for diving in the box.

20 minute mark: Wayne Dunn gets a yellow card for a trip on King.

36 minute mark: Rooney passes it forward to Downing.. he dribbles into the left side of the box.. draws the defense to him.. passes it over the keeper's head.. to a wide open Schreurs by the far post.. he heads it.. GOAL!!!! 3-0. That is Schreurs' 5th of the year.

Halftime: 3-0 lead for us. They have over 47,000 here today.

65 minute mark: McFadden on for Rooney, Godoy on for King, and Ortega on for Schreurs.

75 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick to the middle of the box.. Salva heads it.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 4-0.

90 minute mark: David Miller with a corner kick to the near post.. Damien Delaney outjumps Salva.. heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL. 4-1 match.

Game over. 4-1 Final score.

We each had 8 shots, we had 6 on target, they had 5.

Downing won MoM, 9 for form, 13 of 18 passes, 4 of 5 tackles, 2 of 9 headers, 1 interception, 12 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 2 assists.

Salva also had a 9 for form. All other starters had an 8 for form.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:55 PM   #200
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 9, 2015 -

Boogaart, Salva, and Downing were selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Feb 11, 2015 -

Today we travel to play Leeds in an EPL Match. They are currently in 10th place. They are led by the scoring of Gregory Maury who has 12 goals in 25 starts and has been playing great lately. Shane Paul is a good secondary striker. No one else on the team has more than 2 goals, and if we can shut these two guys down we should win this without any trouble. Their defense is led by the ageless Zander Diamond who continues to play fairly well. Nick Porter is also providing solid defense. Richard McDonald is having a poor year in goal.

We are 1-2 favorites.

DC: Cahais