Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-11-2005, 07:10 AM   #151
Easy Mac

Its about time they did something. They've completely owned the game so far. I'm still hoping Tom wins. Although, I'd be worried with 3 girls and 2 guys. ANd Katie seems to have some weird spell over Ian... not sure why.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:30 AM   #152
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

We've already started using the phrase "gone to Janu-land" at work.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:40 AM   #153
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
ANd Katie seems to have some weird spell over Ian... not sure why.

Yeah, I'm always amused when someone (Katie it appears in the next episode) throws around the "how dare you try to backstab me while I'm busy trying to backstab you?" attitude, and the other person actually feels bad about the whole thing...
Old 05-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #154
Joe
Pro Starter

imo what should happen tonight is Caryn siding with Ian and Tom again to vote out Jenn. She would be a fool to go with the other girls and vote out the men, knowing she'd never outlast Jenn in the endurance immunity, and Jenn would take Katie to the final. With Ian and Tom, there's a better chance of her going to the final than with the girls. Plus those all women alliances never work. Who knows what will happen though. These people are dumb sometimes.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #155
Joe
Pro Starter

stupid bitch
Old 05-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #156
korme
Go Reds

Caryn tried to screw over Ian so hard.. rooting for Ian and Tom, that was kinda scary.

What sucks is, Ian has some crush on nasty Katie, so I see next week he tells Tom he told the chicks he'd vote Tom off. Tom is rightfully pissed, as he said this episode he has done everything in his power to keep Ian sticking with him.

So basically now I think Tom has to win all the immunities, which would have been easier had Ian been voted out.

Basically, I have a gut that Ian and Katie will be the final two, which of those 2 winning I don't know. But I feel Tom will give his vote to Ian, stating something along the lines of "You betrayed me, but you played the game well and deserve 1 mil."

This is one crazy Survivor.

Last edited by korme : 05-12-2005 at 08:05 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 08:54 PM   #157
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Caryn has earned a place on the roster of worst Survivor contestants of all time.

- No discernible personality? Check.
- Not any good at the actual game? Check.
- Tags along with better players? Check.
- Can't leave without making a big scene, as if she even deserved to be there? Check.

Glad she's gone.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #158
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Best part was that JENN voted to get rid of Caryn. I mean, how badly can you screw yourself over?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #159
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
Best part was that JENN voted to get rid of Caryn. I mean, how badly can you screw yourself over?

Based on the preview for the finale, I wonder if Ian didn't broker a new agreement before this TC with Katie/Jenn to knock out Caryn and then Tom next time -- which might explain Jenn's vote. Dunno why that would have been edited out, but I wonder.

Katie really played well this episode. Whether she was just being a girl or whether it was deliberate strategy, she now completely owns Ian. She reduced him to a blubbering pile of mush and was probably very smart to keep him, because he's going to do her bidding for the rest of the game. Ian appears to have lost his mind between last week and this week.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #160
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs
Katie really played well this episode. Whether she was just being a girl or whether it was deliberate strategy, she now completely owns Ian. She reduced him to a blubbering pile of mush and was probably very smart to keep him, because he's going to do her bidding for the rest of the game. Ian appears to have lost his mind between last week and this week.

I'm going to be really disappointed if Katie wins. As I said earlier in the thread, that whole "How dare you stab me in the back while I'm busy trying to stab you in the back?" line is my least favorite play on Survivor. And it works every single time. Sheesh! Ian tries to bring up her screwing him over in the prior reward challenge, and she doesn't want to talk about it. Talk about playing up to the stereotype. "No, honey, we won't talk about what pissed you off, we're only going to talk about what pissed me off." Women like Katie give women a bad name...
Old 05-12-2005, 10:19 PM   #161
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
"How dare you stab me in the back while I'm busy trying to stab you in the back?" line is my least favorite play on Survivor.

Yep, but like you said, it works, so I call it a good play. I don't think Katie can actually win, though. One if not both of the guys is going to be final 2 -- this immunity challenge wasn't really even that physical, and STILL the girls weren't even close to the guys. Tom fell like 600 times and still won the challenge. The remaining immunities will be won by Tom or Ian, and I can't imagine Katie would beat either of them... although if it's Ian-Katie, Ian might beg the jury to vote Katie, based on his pathetic performance tonight...
Old 05-13-2005, 12:14 AM   #162
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

Caryn hung herself in the tribal council. She should have kept her big mouth shut, instead of going off on everyone. The woman (and Tom) should have booted Ian. The two guys are the strongest players. Tom would have sealed his victory by booting Ian.

I still say Tom is the favorite to win at this point. He's certain to win any endurance challenges and we all know that the Final Three challenge is the big endurance challenge. If he makes it to the Final Three, Tom wins $1,000,000.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #163
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Based on the preview for the finale, I wonder if Ian didn't broker a new agreement before this TC with Katie/Jenn to knock out Caryn and then Tom next time -- which might explain Jenn's vote. Dunno why that would have been edited out, but I wonder.

You don't know why they edited that out (if it happened)? I don't watch this show all that often, but when I do, each episode is virtually the same - it's not about documenting what goes on during each few days, but just cut-and-pasting enough pieces of footage together to manufacture some sort of CSI/L&O-type "surprise" ending. I saw the last half of last night's episode, and it was typical - all they let us see lead to the obvious conclusion that Ian would be voted off, and of course, he didn't get more than 1 vote.

It's the same cookie cutter crap every episode that I watch that prevents me from getting into this show. It's like the CSI from last night - the college kids die in the dorm room, and they only talk to 2 students, one of whom they badger the entire episode. I turned to my wife and said, "This is like a Scooby Doo episode - only 2 possible suspects, and the obvious answer is the one they never focused on." Bingo!

This is probably why I don't watch much non-sports TV anymore...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:34 AM   #164
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqFu

I still say Tom is the favorite to win at this point. He's certain to win any endurance challenges and we all know that the Final Three challenge is the big endurance challenge. If he makes it to the Final Three, Tom wins $1,000,000.

I am not so sure Tom will get votes if he makes it to the final 2. If he would go against Jenn, I say she wins. Against Katie He has a better chance. Against Ian I say Tom loses.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:26 PM   #165
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
You don't know why they edited that out (if it happened)? I don't watch this show all that often, but when I do, each episode is virtually the same - it's not about documenting what goes on during each few days, but just cut-and-pasting enough pieces of footage together to manufacture some sort of CSI/L&O-type "surprise" ending.

I think an Ian/Katie/Jenn alliance didn't have to be edited out -- they had already shown enough prospective alliances throughout the show, so hypothetically the viewer wouldn't know which ones were actually for real. That said, I agree, after 10 seasons of this show, the editing patterns have become very regular. I'm not sure who wins but I can pretty much guarantee that Jenn doesn't -- she's edited in the exact same way as a Butch or Darrah. The invisible final 4 player with no story probably doesn't win.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:28 PM   #166
rkmsuf
Head Coach

It's tailor made for a Katie/Ian final.

I can't stand Katie or Jenn. Maybe they've edited Jenn out but I can't remember a single thing or a single word she's spoken. All I remember is her laying around with Gregg.

Tom is by far the best player but the shame of the game is he's a longshot to win.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #167
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
I think an Ian/Katie/Jenn alliance didn't have to be edited out -- they had already shown enough prospective alliances throughout the show, so hypothetically the viewer wouldn't know which ones were actually for real. That said, I agree, after 10 seasons of this show, the editing patterns have become very regular. I'm not sure who wins but I can pretty much guarantee that Jenn doesn't -- she's edited in the exact same way as a Butch or Darrah. The invisible final 4 player with no story probably doesn't win.
Vecepia?
Old 05-13-2005, 02:54 PM   #168
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Vecepia?

I wouldn't call Vecepia invisible, under-the-radar for sure but not invisible. I think the completely invisible player is a phenomenon of the more recent seasons. Vecepia was actually fairly prominent in the first few episodes, then disappeared for several weeks, then resurfaced in the endgame. As compared to this season, where Jenn has never surfaced and didn't even have a *confessional* until episode three or four.

Rewatching season 2, the Australian outback, I can say the editors don't do nearly as good a job as they used to of making sure every player was known to the viewer.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #169
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I find that most players get a three or four episode story arc before they're voted off. So if you're halfway through a season and you realize you have no idea who one of the players is, bet on them going to the final four.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:46 PM   #170
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
I find that most players get a three or four episode story arc before they're voted off. So if you're halfway through a season and you realize you have no idea who one of the players is, bet on them going to the final four.
Finale tonight....3 long hours (2 for show, 1 for reunion). Guess I'll watch The Contender tomorrow night on CNBC.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:52 PM   #171
Easy Mac

Shit the contender is on tonight... I can only record 2 shows at a time. Its a crowded night tonight. I've got 5 shows Tivo'd.

Edit: Nevermind, I've got the 8 oclock slot open.

Last edited by Easy Mac : 05-15-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #172
Joe
Pro Starter

katie should make it to the final 2.. imo anyone going up against her should win. they'd be smart to boot Jenn at 4, and whoever of tom/ian doesnt win immunity should be gone at 3. probably wrong as usual though.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:13 PM   #173
Suicane75
Coordinator

This is awesome. Maybe the best final i've ever seen.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:16 PM   #174
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I like the fact that nobody trusts anybody anymore. People always make deals at the end, I want to see a true endurance challenge with a fight until someone's body gives out.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:18 PM   #175
Suicane75
Coordinator

HOLY SHIT
Old 05-15-2005, 08:19 PM   #176
Suicane75
Coordinator

Just wow.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:19 PM   #177
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, what the fuck was that?
Old 05-15-2005, 08:20 PM   #178
Suicane75
Coordinator

He is pussywhipped. I got a sneaking hunch that Ian is in love.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:21 PM   #179
Easy Mac

Well, we know Ian will vote for Katie in the finals. I don't think Coby, Karen, and Gregg would vote for Tom to win. Neither do I think Janu will either. Steph probably won't. I think Tom's best bet is to take Ian with him.

Wow, Ian jumps
Old 05-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #180
Easy Mac

Man, Tom just lost $1,000,000.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:23 PM   #181
Suicane75
Coordinator

How much does 2nd offer? I wouldnt be surprised if Ian and Katie had some sort of deal to split the grand prize. Not sure i'm right, but that would be the swankest/sneakiest deal ever made on Survivor.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:27 PM   #182
Easy Mac

I honestly don't think Tom will get a vote to win. I think he deserves to win, but I think he's pissed off enough people by completely dominating the game. His only real friend was Ian, and I still think Ian won't vote for him.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:29 PM   #183
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
I honestly don't think Tom will get a vote to win. I think he deserves to win, but I think he's pissed off enough people by completely dominating the game. His only real friend was Ian, and I still think Ian won't vote for him.

Im not a fantatical watcher, but havnt alot of the past final votes gone against common thinking?
Old 05-15-2005, 08:29 PM   #184
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

But Tom dominated the whole game and Katie was along for the ride. Many times people vote for the better player out of respect.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:30 PM   #185
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Second prize is $100,000, and there is some rule in place that they forfeit the money if they make any deals to share the prize...if they can prove it.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:35 PM   #186
Easy Mac

I've never seen a person dominate Survivor like Tom has. Plus he comes off smarmy. Those are 2 things people really don't like.

Is this the first Survivor where a woman did not win (solo) immunity?
Old 05-15-2005, 08:44 PM   #187
Easy Mac

Nice one Greg... that was awesome.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:49 PM   #188
Suicane75
Coordinator

Katie is blowing it.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:54 PM   #189
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'd say they are both blowing it, but Katie is blowing it more. Does everybody really believe that Tom voted them off because he got duped and thought they were plotting against him? If they are believing that, he is the most clever player ever. He hasn't had to talk about a single broken alliance, he just kept claiming he was duped.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:01 PM   #190
Easy Mac

well, they were plotting against him since there were about 7. First chance they got they were getting him off.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:04 PM   #191
Easy Mac

Man, I can't believe Probst didn't skydive onto a motorcycle this time.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:05 PM   #192
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well, they were plotting against him since there were about 7. First chance they got they were getting him off.

True, but Tom made every move that he wanted to make. Claiming that he was duped and shouldn't have voted the way he did seemed lame.

Apparently it worked though.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:05 PM   #193
Suicane75
Coordinator

Nice
Old 05-15-2005, 09:06 PM   #194
Easy Mac

West Coaster's ignore.

TOMMY!!!!!!!!!

and Katie looks like a Gorgon.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:09 PM   #195
NAIWF
College Prospect

Thank goodness Tom won 6-1. Katie was quite possibly the worst player ever to make the final 4, much less the last 2.
NAIWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:30 PM   #196
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Finally the person who deserves it the most wins in Survivor. That rarely happens.

That being said I predicted Tom would win 5-2, but Katie's answers were so poor and negative that it's a wonder she even got one vote. I could have gone into a dictionary, picked random words and used those for my answers and probably would have done better than her.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:31 PM   #197
Suicane75
Coordinator

Man, upon further review, what the fuck was Ian thinking?
Old 05-15-2005, 10:25 PM   #198
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat
I am not so sure Tom will get votes if he makes it to the final 2. If he would go against Jenn, I say she wins. Against Katie He has a better chance. Against Ian I say Tom loses.

I was right!
Old 05-15-2005, 10:30 PM   #199
FBPro
College Starter

Did anyone who Tivo'd the finale tonight NOT have the 8:00-9:00 hour recorded?
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 10:42 PM   #200
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro
Did anyone who Tivo'd the finale tonight NOT have the 8:00-9:00 hour recorded?

nope, mine caught it... It wasn't going to record the reunion show because of a conflict.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote