Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #151
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I got a notice that they're doing a midnight release at the Gamestop where I reserved. Guess I'll go over and grab it since my wife and kids are out of town for the next week.

Sounds like a good time for football and poker!
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #152
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Anyone have rosters for PS3?
Old 07-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #153
BYU 14
Coordinator

Took time off from work to run an "errand"

Picked it up and played a game on AA default out of the box.

Played BYU vs UMass as I would expect a blowout here and it would give me a chance to get an early idea on sliders.

Won 40-7

Passing: Very nice on default, I completed over 70% of my passes and the new system is great. I was able to complete several passes by throwing back shoulder or to the receiver into space that would not have been possible in 2012. Will make slight tweaks here lowering QB accuracy and raising rec catching just a bit. May also improve coverage by 5 to start and drop ints by 5, though this was not an issue in this game.

Running: Probably similar to last year where I raise both human and CPU RB ability to 60, leave RB at 50 and drop run defense just a bit, maybe 40-45. I should have run better on them (averaged 3.8) and they ran for about what I would expect on me.

Pass Blocking: They got 4 sacks and I got 3, will try what I did last year and raise PB to 75 for each, human pass rush to 90 and CPU to 65 and see how that works.

Like what I see after 1 game, especially with the passing game, HUGE improvement over 2012 and no super linebackers!!!! Some nice new animations, everything else is pretty much the same, which really is not a bad thing.

Will test more later, but I had to finish my "errands" and get back to work.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #154
Kodos
Resident Alien

The removal of super linebackers and psychic DBs alone justifies the purchase for me.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #155
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
The removal of super linebackers and psychic DBs alone justifies the purchase for me.

If this is actually fixed, yeah I might go for it as well. It's my only real gripe about 12.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #156
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
If this is actually fixed, yeah I might go for it as well. It's my only real gripe about 12.

Only one game, but I didn't see it at all and I live on crossing routes, slants and curls. I had 1 linebacker pick against the CPU, but it was legit, LB was a yard in front of the route in his zone and stepped in front of a crossing receiver and picked it off above his head just barely leaving the ground.

On offense I was able to drop a few passes in over the heads of the linebackers and saw no psychic DB reads, you can actually see the read and react work as designed as the QB throws the ball...pretty cool stuff. If anything the zone coverage is a bit too loose, which is why I will raise it 5-10 and hopefully that works well in conjunction with dropping QB accuracy to 40.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #157
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Passing is fun and there are no more super LBs. I am waiting to start my dynasty but everything else looks good.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #158
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Buying as I go get the wife's cake. Playing sometime early in the morning when Davin is sleeping.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Played one game on default Heisman except for speed threshold lowered and had a blast. USC vs Cal. Barkley hit over 75% of his passes for over 400 yards. Woods and Lee were absolutely lethal and Barkley got good pass protection all day. Meanwhile, we got good pressure on Cal's QB and held him to about 35% passing. Not sure what adjustments if any I will make yet, but it was a fun game.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #160
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I've never played Heisman in any other version, but this year it seems like it will be the best for me.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #161
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Dola -

I've never played Heisman in any other version, but this year it seems like it will be the best for me.

How was the run game in Heisman?
Old 07-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #162
Balldog
Pro Rookie

In my last 2 games on default Heisman:

I ran for over 300 yards with Ohio State against Penn State. Mostly out of spread formations.

I ran for ~170 yards with Pittsburgh against Notre Dame. Mostly out of pro style formations.

Both Penn State and Notre Dame ran with success as well. I'm thinking of giving a slight bump to rush defense.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #163
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My game was earlier tonight but I remember with default Heisman I had 9 carries for 70 yards with Curtis McNeal including one 30 plus yard run. I had 3 carries for 29 yards with D.J. Morgan including one 20 yard run.

Cal's RB had about 15 carries for 80 yards. They were gashing me early, but I started stuffing the box and shut him down later in the game.

I ran most out of the I-Formation with a few plays out of the near and far formations as well. Cal also used mostly pro style formations.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #164
Jon
High School Varsity

Jason Baum of Rutgers tweeted that the new RU uniforms will be available soon in an update......
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #165
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post

FIXED

I'm with EF.. Heisman might be the level for me this year as on AA defaults, I'm a bit too good. Passing is freaking beautiful though, damn they finally nailed it.

More animations.. take down kicking and punting power to 40 for human. No penalties as usual and they still have that issue where at sometime during the game when I go to look at my depth chart and hold the RT to scroll the players, it automatically just scrolls for me and I have to stop it at the right spot.

Had a 77 yard TD run with Josey. Tons of great passes.. that is about 80% of the improvement vs 2012 IMHO.

Will try a full game on Heisman tomorrow - I beat Kansas 48-0 and KST 34-12 on AA defaults - 8 min quarters.

KST had a play in the endzone where the WR jumped up, caught it and his feet came down in bounds, they called it out and there was no challenge by the HC. I found that to be a bit odd.

If you liked 12, you'll like 13.. if you didn't like 12, rent it first. NO MORE ROBO LB/DB!

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-10-2012 at 11:43 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #166
SegRat
High School Varsity

Enjoyed my first game, however I am going to try AA. Heisman was a little to hard.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:19 AM   #167
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Played one game on AA default. Iowa(me) at UCLA with Iowa very slightly higher rated than UCLA. I won 10-3 on 5 minute qtrs.

Game seemed a bit easy. I had 6 sacks, only one by me playing my typical DE.
Couple came on overload blitzes so didn't look bad. So could be cpu needs a bit of help in protection or it is a small sample size issue.

As EF27 and now MR have suggested I think I'll try a default Heisman game tomorrow. Never played Heisman before but, like every year, one has to seek out the "best" level to play at. Only thing I think I'll change is to plug in my special teams settings from last year and adjust those as needed. Kicking, like every year, seems to need to be toned down.

Loved the passing and seeing reactions from DB's that seemed realistic. Running game was similar to last year, not a bad thing IMHO.
Not sure where to go with speed threshold. Played first game at 50 and I think it needs to go down a bit as my HB was run down a couple of times by a slower LB, but it wasn't blatantly bad so will probably try either 35 or 40 and go from there. EF27 where did you set threshold?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #168
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
Enjoyed my first game, however I am going to try AA. Heisman was a little to hard.

Yeah, I'm wondering how this will turn out for me tomorrow. I imagine in the end it will either end up at AA with cpu getting a small boost or on Heisman with either cpu being curtailed or me getting the small boost.

I wish the game had "My Skill" that Madden had (and discontinued last year). It wasn't perfect by any stretch but it usually had me on the right track in a very short time and with a "settled slider set" in about a half season.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:03 AM   #169
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've never played on Heisman either.. should be interesting.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:19 AM   #170
Balldog
Pro Rookie

One thing that might help you guys adjust: Lower game speed from normal to slow.

Either way on offense you really have to read the defense and adjust your blocking packages and/or hot routes. When the blitz is coming you are going to get hit quick if you don't pick it up or have a quick option. Notre Dame sacked me 4 times in the first half but once I started focusing more presnap they only got me 1 time in the 2nd half.

The CPU's offense is fully functional which is great. Notre Dame had 250 yards on me by halftime, but I made some adjustments and concentrated on keeping them off the field in the 2nd half. They still ended up with 430 yards.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #171
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I also am playing on game speed of slow. It is much better than normal - easier for me to have time to make reads and also better animations.

A decent set of OS sliders recommended 15 threshold, so I tried that and liked it, although the speed guys may have dominated a bit too much. I'm giving to give it a few more games before I decide if it is too low or not.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

One change I am making is to knock interceptions down a few knocks. They were a bit too prevalent with default Heisman.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #173
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

How about the Depth Chart Logic?

Could someone do an auto reorder and tell me if it's fixed.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #174
BYU 14
Coordinator

May go to Heisman, but played a couple of games on AA with my first set of sliders and not too bad. I chose a team I should have blown out and a team that was rated as even.

Sliders

AA
8 minute quarters
speed threshold - 15
game speed slow

Offsides and false start - 80
Holding, clipping and roughing the passer - 50
Facemask - 55
Kick, off and def pass interence - 90
Intentional grounding - 90

Gameplay - Hum / CPU

QB Accuracy 30 /30
Pass block 70 / 70
WR catch 55 / 55
RB Ability 60 / 60
Run block 50 / 50
Coverage 55 / 60
Pass rush 90 / 80
Interceptions 25 / 25
Rushing D 40 / 45
Tackling 40 / 40

FG power 45 / 45
FG acc 40 / 35
Punt pow 45 / 45
Punt acc 45 / 40
Kickoffs 45 / 45

Game 1 - BYU 50 Umass 7
A blowout as it should have been as they are D rated across the board

Stats - BYU / UMass
Total yds: 385 / 261
Rushing: 37 - 146 / 20-34
Passing: 24-34 3 TD, 1 Int / 23-39 1 TD, 2 Int
Passing yds: 239 / 227
Sacks: 1 / 2

Game 2 - BYU 50 SMU 47 (2 OT)
Tied at 37 at the end of regulation, ratings were even across the board and I blew a 34-20 lead in the 2nd half. Good game and as in real life they threw it like crazy!

Stats - BYU / SMU
Total yds: 412 / 483
Rushing: 35 - 111 / 8-5
Passing: 21-37 4 TD, 2 Int / 34-61 4 TD, 2 Int
Passing yds: 301 / 478
Sacks: 1 / 2

Next I will try a game against a run heavy team that should beat me, probably Wisconsin. They should run all over me and if they don't I will tweak those sliders as UMass was just not good and SMU is a pass first team, so I need to look more at the CPU run game. Also will either drop my pass coverage by 5 or raise CPU QB accuracy by 5.

One thing that REALLY annoys me, maybe the only thing so far, is the pre-snap alignment of the secondary. In different forms of man coverage the middle safety will align in the middle of the field, while responsible for a receiver lined up 10 yards wider than him or a Linebacker will be responsible for a TE or slot on the opposite side of the formation. This is something that should have never made the release version as it should be one of the first things you look at. I mean I can understand disguising coverage but come on.

Hopefully that is fixed first patch and I just need to get over it for now, especially as great as the passing game works which is really making the game fun.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #175
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I wanted to see how (mostly) default Heisman played with me facing a bad opponent. In the past, I couldn't blow them away like I should be able to. I played as USC hosting Louisiana-Lafayette. Our first drive ended on the first play with a bad interception in which I threw it right at the linebacker. They took advantage on a QB option play to take a 7-0 lead.

After that, it was all USC. We jumped to a 35-7 lead in the 1st quarter before they threw a quick out in the 2nd quarter win which my CB stumbled and fell down (no rain) and the S missed the tackle. Their star WR had a 74 yard TD on the play. Other than that, we shut down their offense as expected.

I stopped it at halftime with us leading 52-14. Some of the stats:

Barkley 13 of 22 (59% - went for a few too many deep balls that got dropped/broken up), 297 yards, 5 TD's, 1 INT, 0 sacks.

ULL's QB: 6 of 18 for 88 yards (most on that one play) 1 TD, 4 INT's (despite me knocking down INT's to 35) However, my guys dropped a few more balls that could have been INT's. 3 sacks.

Curtis McNeal - 10 carries for 45 yards, long of 9; Morgan 2 for 9 yards.

ULL's HB had 8 carries for 40 yards.

Woods - 5 catches for 167 yards and 2 TD's, long of 75 yards.

Lee - 1 catch for 6 yards.

Telfair - 3 catches for 57 yards and a TD.

Grimble - 2 catches for 35 yards and a TD.

I also had 3 other WR's with 1 catch and my FB had a catch for 24 yards on a nice wheel route.

Their completions were mostly short passes to their HB with the 1 big play to their star WR. The rest of the day, Robey (our best CB) shut him down.

Our LT (who is massive) had 5 pancakes in the 1st half.

I'll check out the depth chart logic now...
Old 07-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #176
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Depth chart logic seems same as past: It put in our top FB as our 4th HB, our top TE as 2nd FB, best TE as 6th WR, 3rd best T is backing up all 5 line positions, 3rd best DE backing up both spots, 2nd best MLB backing up all 3 linebacker spots, 3 best CB at back-up FS and at back-up for S, etc.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #177
Poli
FOFC Survivor

One thing that REALLY annoys me, maybe the only thing so far, is the pre-snap alignment of the secondary. In different forms of man coverage the middle safety will align in the middle of the field, while responsible for a receiver lined up 10 yards wider than him or a Linebacker will be responsible for a TE or slot on the opposite side of the formation. This is something that should have never made the release version as it should be one of the first things you look at. I mean I can understand disguising coverage but come on.

Hopefully that is fixed first patch and I just need to get over it for now, especially as great as the passing game works which is really making the game fun.

Sorry, BYU, meant to quote you here but it's a little difficult on mobile.

Hasn't this always been an issue? I recall seeing that often enough in last year's release that I used to flip the defensive call just to try and have a reasonable solution.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #178
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Played part of my first game with UTSA this morning vs UMASS on AA.

Wasn't looking for a blowout, just to get a feel. I had hoped to get a full game in before heading out but I couldn't. I turned it off at the half, leading 17-0.

Looks pretty good to me out of the box and after a half. Got smashed instantly a few times by blitzing backers. I like the animations for the catching and the concept of staying in the pocket can be better for you.

They had some success offensively, just unable to put points on the board.

I really like that when I punt (and when they punted), that the coverage is actually able to put some pressure on the returner. Last year I often angle punted with line drives. Looks like I can go without doing that this time.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #179
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post

Sorry, BYU, meant to quote you here but it's a little difficult on mobile.

Hasn't this always been an issue? I recall seeing that often enough in last year's release that I used to flip the defensive call just to try and have a reasonable solution.

I have noticed it to a degree before, but never as bad as it is here sometimes. Now there is literally no adjustments at all to some sets, when before the secondary would move around and at least look like they were trying to get aligned correctly.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #180
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I have noticed it to a degree before, but never as bad as it is here sometimes. Now there is literally no adjustments at all to some sets, when before the secondary would move around and at least look like they were trying to get aligned correctly.

I didn't notice it early this morning...I'll get more of an impression this afternoon, I guess.

I used to have issues with safeties just blatantly out of position in some man coverages that I started physically moving them to their spots...nickel backs are famous for that as well.

I got to know my defensive play book well enough to know what calls I had to be alert to the formation.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #181
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I didn't notice it early this morning...I'll get more of an impression this afternoon, I guess.

I used to have issues with safeties just blatantly out of position in some man coverages that I started physically moving them to their spots...nickel backs are famous for that as well.

I got to know my defensive play book well enough to know what calls I had to be alert to the formation.

Yeah, nickel is still a big issue and I realized I played that nearly the entire game against SMU, so it really stood out, but seeing it in 3-4 as well.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #182
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I could never play on slow.. I think the speed of the game is perfect on normal.

I'll wait until the named rosters are out and then start a dynasty on AA defaults with a few tweaks and go from there. I like the big plays you get more so on AA than on Heisman.

Let me know how the speed threshold changes work out.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #183
SegRat
High School Varsity

Played another game on Heisman. Michigan, me against Indiana. I won 17-7. I expected to win a lot easier. I couldn't hardly complete a pass. Running was good. Who is the best QB in college football?
Old 07-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #184
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
Played another game on Heisman. Michigan, me against Indiana. I won 17-7. I expected to win a lot easier. I couldn't hardly complete a pass. Running was good. Who is the best QB in college football?

Most would say Barkley from USC
Old 07-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #185
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Most would say Barkley from USC

Gunner Kiel!
Old 07-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #186
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

And the first ps3 named roster is out. I don't think anything other than names have been touched but does include coaches. If your not fussy like me and only want names and not edits figuring they are all gone in 4 years than this should work.

edit: in another post over at OS he says they are mostly accurate. Not sure if he just means names, numbers, and actual rosters as far as cuts,transfers, etc. or if he has touched some ratings. My guess, as fast as he's done, is just names, numbers, and roster moves. Anyway 4 and done means good enough for me.

mtemple93 PS3 13 Roster - Comments/Suggestions - Operation Sports Forums

mtemple93 is the gamer tag if you just want to got there and d'load
Old 07-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #187
britrock88
Pro Starter

I've been out of the NCAA loop for a few years. Do CPU coaches actually move around in dynasties, or are programs stuck with their schemes forever?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #188
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I've been out of the NCAA loop for a few years. Do CPU coaches actually move around in dynasties, or are programs stuck with their schemes forever?
They move around.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #189
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

OS is hating this game, yet FOFC seems to enjoy it. I don't know who to trust! Here is my list of questions as I continue to hold off purchasing:

Do users get the same amount of pancakes in-game as when simmed? Reason I ask, it affects recruting to never have an OL in the running for the award. From what I remember back in 2011, that was the only stat I couldn't get to match up realistically.

I heard coaching carousel is still a bit weird in that coaches with crap records are getting promotions, etc.

Any PS3 rosters being made?

I've read that the cover 2 defense is broke, 4 verts is unstoppable, and deep passes in general are almost always big gains.

I'm assuming only 2-3 different penalties are called? This was another area hard to match up with simmed stats in a dynasty...I always had the least amount of penalty yards.

I wish this game had things like botched snaps and that it was possible to actually block a kick once in a while. No drama at all on special teams.

I Hear prestige is dynamic during the season...is it too much or too little?

Does scouting reveal too much about a player? Seems unrealistic to know a player is a "bust" before even committing to him...how could you actually tell before having him in camp?

Any freezing issues?

Can I still get it at Toys R Us for $45?

I'll add to this list if I think of anything else...
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #190
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I'm weak ... I had some gift cards and caved. I'm a weak, weak man.

Generally it's better than 12 but I still don't think it's a huge upgrade. Passing is much better and more realistic. Recruiting looks to be more dynamic and interesting, although I feel like I'm having to mash a lot of buttons to get things done.

Cosmetic features are very disappointing. I don't think the game shipped with any update uniforms or graphics for 2012, and they accidentally left out South Alabama from the Sun Belt. Supposedly they are going to do a uniform update, but unclear if it will be free or not.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #191
dave731
High School JV

I am still holding out...must fight the urge!
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #192
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
I've read that the cover 2 defense is broke, 4 verts is unstoppable, and deep passes in general are almost always big gains.
I haven't noticed this yet. I did have a hail mary throw at halftime I completed, but it wasn't egregious. I've had deep balls picked and have taken sacks on verticals when no one was open.
Quote:
I'm assuming only 2-3 different penalties are called? This was another area hard to match up with simmed stats in a dynasty...I always had the least amount of penalty yards.
Yeah, same as always. In 3 or 4 games so far I've only seen holding, offsides and false start. Penalties seem unchanged from 12.
Quote:
I wish this game had things like botched snaps and that it was possible to actually block a kick once in a while. No drama at all on special teams.
I don't know if it's my kicker or settings but my accuracy is less in the kicking game. I'm guess it's one of the two and can changed with talent or settings. No drama though.
Quote:
I Hear prestige is dynamic during the season...is it too much or too little?
I'm too early in to notice too many swings yet but it's a nice touch.
Quote:
Does scouting reveal too much about a player? Seems unrealistic to know a player is a "bust" before even committing to him...how could you actually tell before having him in camp?
I'm not sure you can call someone a complete boom or bust. You don't see all ratings, just select ratings -- and you can't choose which ones to reveal. One oddity is that it only reveals relevant ratings -- for instance, you're only going to see ratings for offensive linemen that impact their play. For athletes, you have like 56 ratings. No way to evaluate that many.

However, so far I love the fact that you see an overall project rating. One negative is that it appears the ability to auto rank your recruiting board is gone. I would typically auto rank recruits by ranking as a shortcut and then make my adjustments. Now you have to do it all yourself, unless I'm missing something.
Quote:
Any freezing issues?
None so far ... knock on wood.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #193
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

It is not a bad game. I am having fun with the passing game and recruiting is interesting in a good way. The Xbox360 version apparently has a showstopper in dynasty mode with the game constantly freezing after a few weeks. I just started my dynasty (got to love working only 20 hours a week) and have not encountered this issue, so it maybe safe on PS3.

With that being said I am disappointed in the direction gaming is going. Seems like all the good stuff are available as DLC for a price. That sucks. Also, disappointed in the fact that a patch may not be released until November (this is speculation based in part on what I read on OS).
Old 07-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm, I hope the showstopper isn't for everyone on 360 version and is an erroneous report... looking forward to starting my dynasty in the next day or two.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #195
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I am thru one season of dynasty on 360 and haven't had any freezes. The recruiting is quite time consuming, but not boring. The scouting was a much needed addition and finding gems is very rewarding.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #196
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Depth chart logic seems same as past: It put in our top FB as our 4th HB, our top TE as 2nd FB, best TE as 6th WR, 3rd best T is backing up all 5 line positions, 3rd best DE backing up both spots, 2nd best MLB backing up all 3 linebacker spots, 3 best CB at back-up FS and at back-up for S, etc.

Thanks EF27... Well that is disappointing, that's the one thing I wanted fixed... Oh well, no buy for me this year, maybe next year.

If they just could fix that one thing, it would help with recruiting, transfers and player development. With the current logic, non of your backups get playing time, or the CPU's.

Last edited by A-Husker-4-Life : 07-11-2012 at 05:56 PM.
A-Husker-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #197
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
I am thru one season of dynasty on 360 and haven't had any freezes. The recruiting is quite time consuming, but not boring. The scouting was a much needed addition and finding gems is very rewarding.

Good to hear. Hopefully, I'll get through a season this weekend.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #198
bhlloy
Coordinator

Agreed, I will probably still pick this up eventually but it's a bummer they can't fix that. Of course it's more a limitation of the game engine and the way recruits are created than just depth chart logic but it is still disappointing they can't get it right.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #199
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life View Post
With the current logic, non of your backups get playing time, or the CPU's.

I address this by inserting backups in certain formations. Helps deal with player fatigue too.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #200
General Mike
Pro Starter

I suck at passing. Beat Syracuse 35-30 in a game where I threw for 4 TDs, but also threw 4 INTs including 2 pick 6s.

Enjoying the game so far tho. Got some rosters, so might see about starting up a dynasty of some type. Maybe the Broncos of Kalamazoo.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote