Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #151
Kodos
Resident Alien

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's episode. I guess she didn't bother to look at the backs of the immunity idols in James' bag.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:42 AM   #152
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

No physical challenge and James still impresses. Dude was hilarious.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:20 AM   #153
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Ha-Ha! Adios, cunt!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:44 AM   #154
Swaggs
Coordinator

I wonder if rules prohibit players from actually stealing the idol from one another?

I thought, for sure, that Jamie was going to switch the blank one with one of the real ones that James had, and that they were keeping that part a secret to build up some drama for tribal council. I guess she didn't check them closely, but I am still curious about it, since the other two members from that tribe know that he has them.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:13 AM   #155
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I wonder if rules prohibit players from actually stealing the idol from one another?

I thought, for sure, that Jamie was going to switch the blank one with one of the real ones that James had, and that they were keeping that part a secret to build up some drama for tribal council. I guess she didn't check them closely, but I am still curious about it, since the other two members from that tribe know that he has them.

I was worried it was what was gonna happen, that she had stolen a real one and and would present it at the council. Very happy it wasn't the case. Her face didn't show as much shock as I thought it was going to, but James' smile, laugh and then recompose sequence was priceless.

On something else, was anybody else annoyed by how they typed what James was saying to Amanda near the lake? I don't mean the "skinny bitch" stuff, more the "would of" and "she's suppose". I mean damn, it may sound like that when he speaks, but not writing it correctly seriously annoyed the hell out of me. "Would of" is one of my biggest pet peeve, and English isn't even my first language...

FM
Old 11-02-2007, 10:00 AM   #156
Kodos
Resident Alien

That wood of pissed me of to.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:04 AM   #157
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
That wood of piss me of to.

exactly!

FM

edit: on second thought, I had to correct you cause it was still too clean to really piss me off

Last edited by FrogMan : 11-02-2007 at 10:05 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:25 PM   #158
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Actually Peih Gee never knew he had the idols or that Eric and Jamie found them in his bag.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:01 PM   #159
Easy Mac

Quote:

It is against the official rules to steal the idol.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:44 AM   #160
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I think the entire reason I watch Survivor is to get annoyed at people who are completely delusional about themselves. So far we've had Jaime thinking she was too nice, Sheira thinking she was dominating the challenges, Courtney thinking that anybody gives a shit, and Pei Gee apparently thinking there was a legitimate chance that James was on her side. So far, so good.

James was fantastic this episode... "Please let this happen!" He's well on his way to being one of the most popular players of all-time.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #161
Jas_lov
College Starter

James survives! The immunity challenge favored the light people so he was at a disadvantage, but I expect him to have the necklace around his neck more often than not! And he's got the two hidden immunity idols! Todd is a flip flopper and a schemer. He could be a threat. The bigger threat is Amanda who is flying under the radar! What does everyone think of getting rid of Jean Robert? I know he's a backstabber like Todd, but he seems like a guy you'd like to be sitting next to in the finals.

Will Courtney and Frosti team with PG, Eric, and Denise to eliminate the stronger James, Todd, and Amanda? Leaving Denise in the dark was stupid and may cost Todd, James and Amanda! Frosti plays both sides and with her arch enemy JR gone, Courtney may do the same!
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:40 AM   #162
Kodos
Resident Alien

I was hoping that JR would be the second consecutive player to play a fake immunity idol in a row.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:01 AM   #163
Easy Mac

Amanda keeps getting hotter and hotter.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:56 AM   #164
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
James survives! The immunity challenge favored the light people so he was at a disadvantage, but I expect him to have the necklace around his neck more often than not! And he's got the two hidden immunity idols! Todd is a flip flopper and a schemer. He could be a threat. The bigger threat is Amanda who is flying under the radar! What does everyone think of getting rid of Jean Robert? I know he's a backstabber like Todd, but he seems like a guy you'd like to be sitting next to in the finals.

Will Courtney and Frosti team with PG, Eric, and Denise to eliminate the stronger James, Todd, and Amanda? Leaving Denise in the dark was stupid and may cost Todd, James and Amanda! Frosti plays both sides and with her arch enemy JR gone, Courtney may do the same!

I really think they should have voted out PG. I'm guessing the reason JR was voted out was because Todd and Amanda recognized he was a schemer, couldn't be trusted, and thus was a threat to them. Since those two appear to be in control of the game right now that's who got voted out. The reason why I think they should have voted out PG though is that she is a schemer also, more likeable, and is definitely not on their side.

Last edited by Racer : 11-09-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:44 PM   #165
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I am glad James stayed in the game, but I think they made a big mistake letting him stay. They should have stuck with their original plan to remove James..

With things now the way they are, its the final 8.. if he wins 2 immunity idols from contests in upcoming weeks, he is easily in the final 4. They should have blindsided him and been done with it.. Now he is going to be alot more careful and reevaluate who he is playing with.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:33 PM   #166
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I am glad James stayed in the game, but I think they made a big mistake letting him stay. They should have stuck with their original plan to remove James..

With things now the way they are, its the final 8.. if he wins 2 immunity idols from contests in upcoming weeks, he is easily in the final 4. They should have blindsided him and been done with it.. Now he is going to be alot more careful and reevaluate who he is playing with.

I agree! This could come back to blow up in Amanda and Todd's faces. Go with JR and take out James, the biggest physical threat who is more well liked than JR, AND has two hidden immunity idols! Maybe they've got something up their sleeves next week, but James could easily win immunity or use one of his idols now that he sees there are a few people that want him gone. Once in the final 4, he's the favorite to win a physical challenge!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:37 PM   #167
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I've yet to figure out todd and that chick's strategy. Far as I can see they are a couple of idiots. Great idea giving away the idol. I can't stand those two.

They must really think James is some kind of dolt. If he has any thought to him, James should make the final 2 or 3. If he has any wherewithall he'll turn on todd and amanda as fast as he can.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:28 PM   #168
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
I've yet to figure out todd and that chick's strategy. Far as I can see they are a couple of idiots. Great idea giving away the idol. I can't stand those two.

They must really think James is some kind of dolt. If he has any thought to him, James should make the final 2 or 3. If he has any wherewithall he'll turn on todd and amanda as fast as he can.

I doubt it is a final two since the jury started with Jaime instead of JR and having a final two now would make it an 8 person jury.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:16 PM   #169
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Thoughts on what the twist will be at tribal council?
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:41 PM   #170
Kodos
Resident Alien

Jeff will announce that he is now a member of the tribe, and that he has global immunity throughout.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #171
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I was hoping that JR would be the second consecutive player to play a fake immunity idol in a row.

I see I wasn't the only one thinking that.

The only thing that would have made the first false play even better is if she had stepped up and played it as if she were certain it was the idol and not merely asked if it was.

I still like the "immunity idol fake out" from last season a little better though.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 06:37 PM   #172
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post

I think they will possibly be voting out two people.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:24 AM   #173
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

I'm glad someone picked up on the thing with Denise. Leaving her out was THE STUPIDEST THING they could do. These people are just not smart. Like Eric said, as soon as you realize in a group of 4 or 5, you're #5 or #4 or whatever - that's the time to flip. They just telegraphed it to Denise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Amanda keeps getting hotter and hotter.
God yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:02 PM   #174
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I don't like how last week's preview promotes a twist and then they don't even show what the twist is going to be.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #175
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I don't like how last week's preview promotes a twist and then they don't even show what the twist is going to be.

me, I didn't like the frigging blurring on Amanda's butt damnit!

and yeah, well, the end sucked this week...

FM
Old 11-15-2007, 11:10 PM   #176
Kodos
Resident Alien

Amanda is nice looking, but she does slightly suffer from Julia Roberts-like horse mouth. A minor case though. Way better than the other skeletons that are left.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:20 PM   #177
Jas_lov
College Starter

The cliffhanger was just terrible and also false advertising.

What about the reward challenge? James, Denise, Pi Gi, and Todd couldn't figure out the correct strategy before the two man team of Frosti and Eric got up and down 3 times? They had a brilliant strategy- Keep bouncing it to Pi Gi who was horrible and had the smallest drum. Stupid idiots. Why didn't Amanda eat the burgers and fries at the immunity? She was safe and she deserves it for being the only good looking female left.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:08 AM   #178
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The cliffhanger was just terrible and also false advertising.

What about the reward challenge? James, Denise, Pi Gi, and Todd couldn't figure out the correct strategy before the two man team of Frosti and Eric got up and down 3 times? They had a brilliant strategy- Keep bouncing it to Pi Gi who was horrible and had the smallest drum. Stupid idiots. Why didn't Amanda eat the burgers and fries at the immunity? She was safe and she deserves it for being the only good looking female left.

Probably to try to keep PG from getting immunity.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #179
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post

Joe is right about the twist being to vote out two people. But the end made me believe that the people who chose to eat will be the only ones up for a vote.

Jeff: Frosti, the tribe has spoken
Frosti: With cheesburgers left on their breath!
*Dramatic music*

So the people with cheesburgers left on their breath will pay for their sins. They are not true survivors. Amanda did not have to play though because the goal should have been to get rid of Frosti. He's the next biggest physical threat after James and he was charming Courtney away from them! PG, Eric, and Frosti should have tried harder to recruit someone and force a 4-4 tie. Courtney may have done it. Maybe they did and she stabbed Frosti in the his heart, with cheesburgers left on her breath...

Last edited by Jas_lov : 11-16-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #180
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well well well. We went from the big letdown of what happened after tribal council (the reward challenge starting-whopeee) to a shocking tribal council. I wonder if anybody will watch now?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:37 PM   #181
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Oh, James James James. I think he's actually a pretty smart guy, but hopelessly naive would be the kindest way I could describe him within the parameters of Survivor. Okay, idiot might be more accurate.

If you absolutely must risk not playing one of your idols, you do it on an even number, not at 7!!! 9, 7, and 5 are when the big power plays are usually made. How in the world did he not see this coming?

Honorable mention stupid goes to Erik, who for some dumb reason voted for James instead of Todd. Had James played the idol, Todd and PG would have tied with one vote each instead of Todd being automatically voted out, forcing a revote and a likely booting of PG, ERIK'S ONLY ALLY! Geez. Come on, people.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:08 AM   #182
Kang
n00b

Gotta wonder why James didn't play an idol. Can't keep them forever, and you have to figure that he was going to win a challenge or two coming up.

Now I'm rooting for Todd.
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:11 AM   #183
StarBuck
H.S. Freshman Team

Jaammmeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!
StarBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:15 AM   #184
Kang
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBuck View Post
Jaammmeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!

I'll be the one to say it: James dug his own grave.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:16 AM   #185
StarBuck
H.S. Freshman Team

I know. 2 idols and he doesn't play either one. But I so wanted this guy to take the million.

Last edited by StarBuck : 11-30-2007 at 12:17 AM.
StarBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 AM   #186
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, he used the idols like Herm Edwards used time outs...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #187
dervack
College Prospect

I think PG might have screwed up on this one. If she tells James they are going to ambush him, and he votes with PG to get Todd out, she might have helped get James swing vote and start down the road closer to a million.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:29 AM   #188
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
I think PG might have screwed up on this one. If she tells James they are going to ambush him, and he votes with PG to get Todd out, she might have helped get James swing vote and start down the road closer to a million.

I think the opposite should have been done...

Todd should have set P.G. up in a way to try to gain more trust from James.. They had a 5-2 advantage, they could have gotten rid of P.G. plus one of the idols last night. THe way to have played it would have been to let P.G. know that they were taking James out and then coming for her next in a way that would have driven her to tell James that he was being targeted.

Then at council, everyone vote for P.G. as normal while denying to James the entire time that they would be voting for him.. In the end, James plays an idol, P.G. is voted out and no one crossed James so he goes away from it thinking that P.G. just outright lied to him (ie: giving him an apple to take a bite out of).
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:02 AM   #189
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang View Post
I'll be the one to say it: James dug his own grave.
10 internets for you, my friend.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:17 AM   #190
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I missed it. What happened?
Old 11-30-2007, 08:24 AM   #191
Easy Mac

I'm just glad that my boy Eric can get some from Jamie or Amanda when this is over.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:27 AM   #192
Kang
n00b

Quote:

Spoiler

Last edited by Kang : 11-30-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:29 AM   #193
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang View Post
Spoiler

asswhite
Old 11-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #194
Kang
n00b

Quote:
asswhite

Spoiler
Old 11-30-2007, 10:42 AM   #195
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
EW.com has a nice write-up under TV Watch. I'd cut and paste, but my vagina is tired.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:44 AM   #196
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
EW.com has a nice write-up under TV Watch. I'd cut and paste, but my vagina is tired.

sorry I wore you out
Old 12-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #197
Scarecrow
College Prospect

ok - Todd's sister Brandy is hot.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #198
korme
Go Reds

I can't believe I'm actually rooting for Todd out of all that is left. Of a group of five nobodies, Todd sticks out as the one who has played the game the best.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #199
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
I can't believe I'm actually rooting for Todd out of all that is left. Of a group of five nobodies, Todd sticks out as the one who has played the game the best.

This show might of jumped the shark for us with James getting voted out last it left a real bad taste in our mouth. This is the first show we haven't watched since survivor cam eon TV no lie. just don't care about this anymore.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #200
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I dunno. Amanda ain't bad.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote