Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2006, 01:18 AM   #151
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

dola: I guess you could call it the first really big Matusow Moment (named after last year's Drama King.

hopefully, Eric Molina is not the new face of poker.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 08-07-2006 at 01:21 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:18 AM   #152
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Maybe so, but I think Gold is an even bigger prick...

Gold Eliminates Richard Gryko in 50th ($164,932)
Jamie Gold raises to $100,000 under the gun, and action folds around to Richard Gryko on the button. Gryko moves all-in for $920,000 total. Gold calls and flips over AK. Gryko shows, J3. The flop falls K66, and Gold says, "there's the King, he's almost drawing dead." A few audience members start calling for a duece as a response. The turn is the J, and the room quiets down. Gold speaks up to reminds everyone that a three will not help Gryko's hand, and that only a jack will save him. The river is the 9, and Gold wins the hand. Richard Gryko is eliminated in 50th place, collecting $164,932. Gold is up to $7,200,000.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:22 AM   #153
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Wow, how you can call that bigger then throwing your all in button, swearing and that kinda trash talk compared to a factual representation of where they were on the hand..
Old 08-07-2006, 01:25 AM   #154
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Geez.. Gold is the Tazmanian devil.. just taking out player after player.

David Murray pushes all-in for $825,000 under the gun. Action folds to Jamie Gold in middle position, and he calls the all-in. Everyone else folds, and Murray reveals 22. Gold shows 1010. The flop comes 1052. The turn is the Q, and the river is the K. David Murray is eliminated in 48th place securing $164,932. Jamie Gold is currently sitting with $8,100,000. Sun Aug 06 23:13:00 PDT 2006
Old 08-07-2006, 01:37 AM   #155
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

and they're done for the day with 45 left in the tourney.

Likely a short day tommorrow, as they'll only play down to 27.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:47 AM   #156
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Given the various hand descriptions I've seen involving Gold, including the one I posted, it seems very likely that Molina was probably reacting to something Gold did earlier.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:49 AM   #157
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heh.. Are you sure you're not just reacting to the fact that Gold is a Hollywood Agent?

(Not an A-List Agent, by any means, maybe a B+ agent, from a card player interview he says he's represented the following people: James Gandolfini, Lucy Liu, Brandy, Felicity Huffman, and Kristin Davis.)
Old 08-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #158
Subby
lolzcat

When I was there there were thousands of kids that looked like Molina. It's like they cloned one 22 year-old white male jackass and then dressed each one differently, mixed and matched facial hair, and let them loose in the Rio.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:38 AM   #159
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
When I was there there were thousands of kids that looked like Molina. It's like they cloned one 22 year-old white male jackass and then dressed each one differently, mixed and matched facial hair, and let them loose in the Rio.
I think the same thing most weeks when I see the picture of whoever's on top of the PokerStars Tournament Leaderboard. I can't knock the skills of these guys, but I get I'm getting sick of seeing this "look" over and over again.

I guess I now understand how some people feel about frat boys or how Bucc feels about NBA players. Welcome me to the club.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #160
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
heheheh

Looks like no name players in the final 8 tables.

i recognize prahlad friedman, allen cunningham, brenes, lisandro, robert betts...

thats all
Old 08-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #161
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421
Given the various hand descriptions I've seen involving Gold, including the one I posted, it seems very likely that Molina was probably reacting to something Gold did earlier.
That was my impression too. I've been reading a lot about how Gold's a jackass, so I'd imaging that people are starting to come at him.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #162
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Heh.. Are you sure you're not just reacting to the fact that Gold is a Hollywood Agent?

(Not an A-List Agent, by any means, maybe a B+ agent, from a card player interview he says he's represented the following people: James Gandolfini, Lucy Liu, Brandy, Felicity Huffman, and Kristin Davis.)

I think he's actually a manager, not an agent (as in Eric, not Ari on Entourage). There's a difference, though I'll be damned if I can explain it.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:17 AM   #163
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Agent : Pimp
Manager : Babysitter
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #164
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

It seems Greg Raymer blasted Daniel Negreanu over he weekend regarding the lawsuit against the WPT - said Daniel was "stupid" and he was "glad he's out" of the world series. He's my new nominee for Jackass of the Year.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:28 AM   #165
Butter
Coordinator

Raymer or Negreanu?
Old 08-07-2006, 09:40 AM   #166
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I'd be more inclined to take Raymer's side. I cannot stand Negreanu's antics. He's carried on some personal vendetta against Annie Duke for quite some time, complaining about her behavior, but then he was the first person to defend Josh Arieh's bullshit at the 2004 WSOP. He also complained about Annie not deserving to be on the original TOC, but it was okay for him to get Evelen Ng into the WPT Ladies Night freeroll.

I actually find people like Negreanu, Arieh, Esfandiari and that whole crowd to be alot more annoying than Hellmuth or Matusow.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #167
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I think the same thing most weeks when I see the picture of whoever's on top of the PokerStars Tournament Leaderboard. I can't knock the skills of these guys, but I get I'm getting sick of seeing this "look" over and over again.

I guess I now understand how some people feel about frat boys or how Bucc feels about NBA players. Welcome me to the club.

I think they dress like a bunch of fags, but that is just my opinion.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #168
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I used to think the world of Negreanu, but my opinion of him continues to go downhill. However, in this particular situtation I think Raymer's in the wrong.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 08-07-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #169
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I think they dress like a bunch of fags, but that is just my opinion.
Well, I can't come up with a compelling reason to word it quite like that, but I don't even watch poker anymore because I'm really tired of this jackass look that these youngsters have.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:33 PM   #170
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Metrosexual?

The photo at the top of the page immediately says to me: "the look of someone who's never done an honest day's work in his life".
Old 08-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #171
Subby
lolzcat

Brenes out but Cunningham doubled up and is now amongst the chip leaders...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 08-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #172
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

So, are we witnessing a jumping of the shark of sorts wrt poker, at least as far as the World Series is concerned? If the new faces of poker will be a bunch of jerks who play on the net (complete with !!!!1!! lol wtf), who will enjoy watching poker played live by these people? Moneymaker and Raymer appealed because they were mature guys who held actual jobs before they had the lucky run to win the Main Event. What sort of draw do these bots offer?
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #173
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack
So, are we witnessing a jumping of the shark of sorts wrt poker, at least as far as the World Series is concerned? If the new faces of poker will be a bunch of jerks who play on the net (complete with !!!!1!! lol wtf), who will enjoy watching poker played live by these people? Moneymaker and Raymer appealed because they were mature guys who held actual jobs before they had the lucky run to win the Main Event. What sort of draw do these bots offer?

Well, one reason that jumps to mind is that it gets boring after awhile if you don't have any villians.

EDIT: and to make it really worth the emotion involved in any hero/villian form of entertainment, sometimes the villian has to win...

Last edited by sabotai : 08-07-2006 at 05:39 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #174
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Lisandro and Friedman Butt Heads

The very next hand, Lisandro once again raises to $140,000 preflop, this time from the cut off. Friedman announces a raise, to $350,000, but puts in a $400,000 raise. The dealer pulls back the extra $50,000, and Lisandro calls. The flop brings the AJ8, and Friedman cuts out a $500,000 bet and places it in the center. Lisandro mucks his hand and Friedman shows the 92 as he rakes the pot, saying, "Now we're playing some poker."
W0000T!

Old 08-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #175
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Goddamn! Gold must be on a major rush again, as now he has more than twice the chips ($14.7 million) of the 2nd place person ($6.8 million)
Old 08-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #176
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And Molina WON'T be the new face of poker, he's busted in 31st.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #177
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Holmes Doubles up Through Friedman
Dustin Holmes moves all-in for $5,500,000 and Prahlad Friedman calls. Holmes shows KQ and Friedman shows 1010. Holmes doubels up to $1,100,000 on the hand. Friedman is down to $1,500,000.

God CardPlayer sucks.

Last edited by Subby : 08-07-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #178
hoopsguy
General Manager

If they are only playing down to 27 players today then it was a short session.

Lynch, Friedman, Cunningham, and Lisandro still alive.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #179
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And... play is done for the day with 27 remaining.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #180
Subby
lolzcat

Three quick busts - Wyrick, Jain, Garner - busted by Gold, Friedman and Holmes...

Old 08-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #181
Butter
Coordinator

So, the final table is going to be on PPV?
Old 08-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #182
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

yup, but no hole cards.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:14 PM   #183
Subby
lolzcat

Gold busts Rizen and is up to 17m in chips...

Old 08-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #184
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
yup, but no hole cards.

Wonder why that is? I know Fox has done a few live broadcasts including hole cards.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #185
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ouch one of those big plasma screen TVs they put up to show the camera footage and the blinds information fell and shattered.

No one hurt, but the crash had to put everyone's nerves on edge >
Old 08-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #186
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
Wonder why that is? I know Fox has done a few live broadcasts including hole cards.

First of all, the room where they were holding the Fox final table was sealed. No Cell phones, no pagers etcetera.

Secondly, the players could not leave the room. If you take a look at Ivey in the check presentation, he's in serious hurting because he had stomach problems and couldn't leave the room to use the restroom

Too much risk of players getting info they shouldn't.. and the difference between places at the end of this tournament is so huge.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #187
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Let's get this thread to the next page - I'm tired of looking at that jackass everytime the page loads
Old 08-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #188
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
Player A folds QJs to a big raise on the turn. Railbird is on the phone with buddy watching the PPV. Railbird yells - hey! player A just folded QJs - another railbird, also on the phone yells - hey - player B was raising with trash!

It just wouldn't work in the current environment...

Old 08-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #189
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I would have given the plasma TV a good home....
Old 08-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #190
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Secondly, the players could not leave the room. If you take a look at Ivey in the check presentation, he's in serious hurting because he had stomach problems and couldn't leave the room to use the restroom
Are you joking? You can't hit the head when you need to? Poor Phil should have just shat on the carpet and taken the 10-minute penalty.

I'm sure a big poo on the floor would prompt a rules change
Old 08-08-2006, 03:25 PM   #191
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Player A folds QJs to a big raise on the turn. Railbird is on the phone with buddy watching the PPV. Railbird yells - hey! player A just folded QJs - another railbird, also on the phone yells - hey - player B was raising with trash!

It just wouldn't work in the current environment...

I suppose I understand that, but if it were a bit more controlled, it would make for a great event. Although I can't imagine too many people staying up until 4-5 AM Eastern to watch the last hand.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 PM   #192
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
Are you joking? You can't hit the head when you need to? Poor Phil should have just shat on the carpet and taken the 10-minute penalty.

I'm sure a big poo on the floor would prompt a rules change

Shitting your pants is a tremendous tell.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 PM   #193
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, for it to work in the WSOP, you'd have to take the Poker Dome route, put the players behind soundproof glass. Takes away from the atmosphere.

(yes, I'm trying to push the thread to another page to get rid of the jackass picture as well )
Old 08-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #194
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

How much would I get my ass kicked if I led off the next page with a reply to the jackass post?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #195
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Ok, I'm going to be in Vegas on Thursday, and with the final table starting up at noon...

A) How long into the night will it go?
2) How hard would it be to get into the room? I'm guessing impossible.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #196
Subby
lolzcat

Final table is invite only...

Old 08-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #197
Subby
lolzcat

dola

I completely agree that this thing works great live if they can figure out how to do hole cards...

I don't think they'll have any trouble getting folks to stay tuned-in...

Old 08-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #198
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Gold knocks out another with AJ vs QJ.

it's not fair for the monster chip stack guy to always have a hand when someone plays back at him!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #199
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
(yes, I'm trying to push the thread to another page to get rid of the jackass picture as well )
Dude, you posted the jackass picture! You could just edit him out!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #200
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Jesus Cristo, if this CP update is right (always a challenge), this is ridiculous..

Gold has 19.6 Million, Friberg in 2nd has 8.2 million. Butler in 3rd has 6.0 Million

When 1st place has 33% more then 2nd and third COMBINED, that's a dominating chip stack.