Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2006, 10:56 PM   #151
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Sigh. Went to halftime of my 2nd game up 30-23. Sigh. Made subs and stuff to prepare for the 2nd half. Sigh. Went back to the game and the camera was just slowing panning right to left and all the players were huddling as if they were in a timeout. I waited several minutes and messed with menu options and stuff and then about 5 minutes after it all started I got the red X "disc unreadable" error. Sigh.

I got my 360 in March and I hoped it would have lasted me a while, but this doesn't bode well. Disc looks perfect and I opened the case yesterday and put it right into my 360, and it never was removed from the drive (until just now to look at it).

I even have the $20 intercooler thing, and that stopped this error for about 2-3 months (but I was mostly playing Xbox 1 games). Argh, almost midnight and too pissed to play again before sleep...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:41 PM   #152
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I got my ass kicked on all-star with Pheonix against Minnesota. I'm really terrible at this game. I can't rebound or shoot threes or get to the basket. Outside of that, I rock the house.

U got a Live account. I would love to play you. It would be epic becauase I suck too !!!!!!!
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:57 PM   #153
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolson View Post
U got a Live account. I would love to play you. It would be epic becauase I suck too !!!!!!!

Yep. It's in my sig.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:04 AM   #154
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Anyone come up with (or found) any decent sim sliders yet?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 09-28-2006 at 07:19 AM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:23 AM   #155
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I played online for the first time last night. Apparently, there are still people out there who immediately jump to the 2K camera, hand the ball to their star player, and try to drive and dunk on every single play. My opponent used the Lakers and made sure to pass to ball to Kwame Brown every time up the court.

OK, I'm kidding.

The first half was nothing but Kobe Bryant dunking, dunking, dunking. The Lakers scored 28 points in the first half, and Kobe had 22 of them. I didn't really know how to stop it at first, but then I just double-teamed Kobe every time he got the ball. I forced a few turnovers and made him shoot jump shots. I fouled the Lakers liberally because the guy couldn't make free throws.

His entire defensive scheme was to defend the same type of offense he ran. Not too bright. I'm using the Grizzlies. My point guard is 3 feet tall, and I have Eddie Jones, Mike Miller, and Rudy Gay on the perimeter. Sure, I have to limit Pau Gasol, but what's he think I'm gonna do? Drive Damon Stoudamire into traffic? I just took mid-range jumpers the whole game until I built a lead, and then the guy had to get aggressive. That's when I fed the ball inside. Stromile Swift was scoring points for me.

Just like in my franchise game, I got disinterested in defense in the final two minutes, so the clown managed to put a few more points on the board and cut into my lead, but I still won 58-50. I had trouble stopping the nonstop driving/dunking people last year, but it's easier for me to defend this time around. Apparently, my opponent thought it was too easy. He tagged me as an "avoided player" because I was "unsporting." I guess defense is frowned upon!
Old 09-28-2006, 07:52 AM   #156
Kodos
Resident Alien

Well, it is the NBA. He has a point. Mtolson: What's your gamertag? I'll add it to my list.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #157
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Well, it is the NBA. He has a point.
Touche.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:58 AM   #158
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
EF, how many minutes per quarter are you playing?

12 minutes. With player and game speed at 33/33, I think the game played a fairly realistic game of Basketball. Of course, 1 game is a small sample size. However, I was also generally getting good stats on Superstar. The fastbreak (or lack thereof) was just annoying me on that level.

Edited to add: What is really bad is that I just want to go home and play after work, but I still have some preparations to finish for my wife's birthday party on Sunday..

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-28-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:01 AM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Sigh. Went to halftime of my 2nd game up 30-23. Sigh. Made subs and stuff to prepare for the 2nd half. Sigh. Went back to the game and the camera was just slowing panning right to left and all the players were huddling as if they were in a timeout. I waited several minutes and messed with menu options and stuff and then about 5 minutes after it all started I got the red X "disc unreadable" error. Sigh.

I got my 360 in March and I hoped it would have lasted me a while, but this doesn't bode well. Disc looks perfect and I opened the case yesterday and put it right into my 360, and it never was removed from the drive (until just now to look at it).

I even have the $20 intercooler thing, and that stopped this error for about 2-3 months (but I was mostly playing Xbox 1 games). Argh, almost midnight and too pissed to play again before sleep...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

That is rough

I feel really lucky that I got a launch 360, and I've never had an error.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #160
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Knock on wood for you

I'll play it again tonight/tomorrow and see what happens...
Old 09-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #161
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
That is rough

I feel really lucky that I got a launch 360, and I've never had an error.

What the revision date of your xbox 360?

This way people that have problem can compare their revision date.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:56 PM   #162
Balldog
Pro Rookie

So I think this game might just make me break down and buy a 360.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:07 PM   #163
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Where do you find the rev date, JB?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:42 PM   #164
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Where do you find the rev date, JB?

Yeah. I have no idea where to find this.

I'm just knocking on wood that it continues to perform this well.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:32 AM   #165
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Truthfully it's one of the reasons I'm scared to purchase the 360. I would rather wait for the price drop, hoping that Microsoft will have solved the issues by then.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:18 AM   #166
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
So I think this game might just make me break down and buy a 360.

I've kicked myself in the arse for purchasing a 360 'cause I have yet to fall in love with any game yet. Well, my mind has changed - NBA 2k7 is amazing and I can not stop playing it!! The most realistic sports game I've played on any console.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 09-29-2006, 09:03 AM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was just looking at stats on NBA.com, and I noticed a few misconceptions I have. I didn't realize that the average team shoots between 75-80 times per night (I thought it was 5 to 10 shots lower.) I didn't realize the average team hits 45-46% of their shots (with Phoenix topping out at 48%.) Tonight, I get to play most of the evening, and it seems like sliders might need even less adjusting than I first thought. I might bump the speed up slightly from 33/33 as a result and knock the shooting sliders slightly further down. I can't wait to get off work tonight.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:05 AM   #168
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Ugh - you guys are killing me. I'm not an NBA fan (college only), but hearing the talk about this game is making me want to breakdown and pick up a copy. I'll be near a Gamestop right after lunch...decisions, decisions.
how do you know?

Old 09-29-2006, 09:08 AM   #169
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I would love to play some more, but I have a very busy weekend. I'm going to try to squeeze a couple of games in, but I'm really not free until Sunday afternoon. Bah. This game is too good.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:10 AM   #170
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Ugh - you guys are killing me. I'm not an NBA fan (college only), but hearing the talk about this game is making me want to breakdown and pick up a copy. I'll be near a Gamestop right after lunch...decisions, decisions.

No decisions. If you are a BASKETBALL fan, you'll love this game. Pretend you are playing with made up teams, hold a fantasy draft and mix everyone up (what I like to do), Sim through 15 seasons with coach firing off so you can play with a bunch of made up players and whatever conceptions you have about the league will be gone anyway.

But get this game. Any basketball fan who enjoys video games is doing themselves a serious disservice by not getting it.

Now, I won't give you your 60 bucks back if you don't like it either, so you still have a decision to make I guess.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #171
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I understand there are a number of signature moves for the players. If you sim 15 years in the future will there be any signature moves?
how do you know?

Old 09-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I understand there are a number of signature moves for the players. If you sim 15 years in the future will there be any signature moves?

I don't know this for sure, but from impressions I've read created rookies are not given signature shots, but you can edit them and assign the signature shots to them. Of course, that will be a lot of editing for 15 years down the road. However, someone who has simmed ahead on here could answer that more definitively.

However, I'll echo what Troy said. If you like basketball, I can't imagine you not liking this game.

I honestly probably won't buy another game for at least 2 months (when I usually buy at least 2 a month) because this game is going to suck up most of my gaming time. I'll probably only play other games when I have short gaming time available and don't have time for a full game of NBA 2k7 or when I want to play on the laptop while watching TV.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:45 AM   #173
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Not sure I'll ever get the game, but the demo is quite fun to play. :P
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:55 AM   #174
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I've seen some videos of mean ass cross-overs. I know you hold the RT-LT and flick the Left stick to do a cross over but it seems when I make that move it's just your "normal" cross-overs (even with LeBron). ANybody making these "flashy" moves?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 09-29-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:46 AM   #175
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Not sure I'll ever get the game, but the demo is quite fun to play. :P

You will end up getting NBA 2k7 and NBA Live.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:02 PM   #176
Kodos
Resident Alien

I still suck at this game. I may need to drop down to Pro.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:05 PM   #177
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I've seen some videos of mean ass cross-overs. I know you hold the RT-LT and flick the Left stick to do a cross over but it seems when I make that move it's just your "normal" cross-overs (even with LeBron). ANybody making these "flashy" moves?

I did it once with AI, but I think I just did RT-LT and the left stick flick left-right as well. Mcgrady just seems to do regular crossovers, or maybe I need to do something differently.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #178
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Another questions - what is clutch factor? Is there an "X" factor per player that acts as a clutch player or does that it just mean when a team is down by a lot makes everything while the team that is up misses every shot?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 09-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #179
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Another questions - what is clutch factor? Is there an "X" factor per player that acts as a clutch player or does that it just mean when a team is down by a lot makes everything while the team that is up misses every shot?
I believe that players do have a "clutch" rating, and in late-game, tight situations, the players with high clutch ratings will play better than those with low clutch ratings.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:53 PM   #180
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Just picked this up. It was free with my trade-ins, so it was a no-brainer. We're having friends over for dinner, so I'll hopefully be checking this out later tonight.
how do you know?

Old 09-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #181
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I believe that players do have a "clutch" rating, and in late-game, tight situations, the players with high clutch ratings will play better than those with low clutch ratings.

Another area where Melo will be killing you Pumpy.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:51 PM   #182
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Another area where Melo will be killing you Pumpy.
I am going to kill him. I will KILL him. I'll make Jake Tsakalidis sit on him or something. Whatever it takes. Arrrghhghgrrr.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:53 PM   #183
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I got annihilated by the Knicks (we were losing by 30+ in the 3rd quarter when I had to shut it off). While I agree it's an excellent simulation, it's an excellent sim of PRO basketball. The NBA game just seems to hip-hoppy slow to me.

I hope the college game is given the same treatment as the pro version.
how do you know?

Old 09-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #184
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
I got annihilated by the Knicks (we were losing by 30+ in the 3rd quarter when I had to shut it off). While I agree it's an excellent simulation, it's an excellent sim of PRO basketball. The NBA game just seems to hip-hoppy slow to me.

I hope the college game is given the same treatment as the pro version.

Just an idea. . . Tweak the sliders. You can speed the game up. Make it 10 minute quarters to sim a half and tweak the sliders to run up and down the floor faster.

As for the college game, 2K adds a lot of their great college ideas to the pro game. The on the fly subs weren't in last years pro game but were in the college game.

I prefer NBA basketball, so I still spent more time with 2K6, but the NCAA game was rock solid last year and I wouldn't expect anything different this year.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:25 PM   #185
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
You will end up getting NBA 2k7 and NBA Live.

You couldn't GIVE me NBA Live.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #186
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Well, it is the NBA. He has a point. Mtolson: What's your gamertag? I'll add it to my list.

Mine is marct. I know, I failed creativety class.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #187
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolson View Post
Mine is marct. I know, I failed creativety class.

Spelling too !!!
Old 09-30-2006, 07:29 PM   #188
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The same guy who did the 360 review and gave NBA2k7 an 8.3 has posted the NBA Live review. He gave Live a 6.5 (the lowest I can remember any EA game getting in a long time.)

Interesting that the review wasn't posted until Friday, unlike most of their reviews of EA games that are done on release day.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:00 PM   #189
RGunner
High School JV

well i gave in and bought this game...so if anyone wants to play on live (360) my gamer tag is kbz2286
RGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:57 AM   #190
Kodos
Resident Alien

I figured out part of my problem. I'd read where I needed to lower the shooting sliders to 42 or so. The problem was, I only did that for MY shooting. No wonder the CPU was shooting so well and I couldn't hit crap.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #191
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I figured out part of my problem. I'd read where I needed to lower the shooting sliders to 42 or so. The problem was, I only did that for MY shooting. No wonder the CPU was shooting so well and I couldn't hit crap.

I've gone back up to 46 for in close (and dunks and layups), 47 for medium, 48 for 3 pointers for both sides. Oh yeah, I lowered dunks in traffic to 45 for both sides. At least on All-Star difficulty, I'm getting very realistic shooting percentages. The only other slider I've touched is fatigue up to 52 (again for both the CPU and human) to make guys tire a bit quicker. However, I'm contemplating upping defensive rebounding for my side, or lowering offensive rebounding for the CPU just a little bit.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-01-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #192
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Does the new fatigue system carry over to the next game? Especially back to back games.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #193
dervack
College Prospect

ya
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:12 PM   #194
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I played a co-op game yesterday with a buddy who's not a gamer. I put it on rookie mode, but the AI was still pretty brutal overall. We won by 4, but it was a hella close game. It was pretty much all me, since my buddy isn't very good. But they just shot lights out from downtown, something like 5/7. Anytime they were left open, they just drained their shots.

I'm on the middle difficulty level, and this game is definitely a challenge.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #195
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm routinely getting beat on All-Star (middle difficulty as well.) Good stuff.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #196
RGunner
High School JV

ive only played about 5 games on this but good god this game is great...im glad i chose this one over live....i played my first game on live earlier before football and had the guy quit on me as i was killing him...it was fun though once again my gamertag is kbz2286 if u wanna play
Old 10-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #197
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Operation Sports gave a great review of the game.

http://reviews.operationsports.com/r...game=nba2k7360
Old 10-01-2006, 07:48 PM   #198
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I played online for the first time last night. Apparently, there are still people out there who immediately jump to the 2K camera, hand the ball to their star player, and try to drive and dunk on every single play. My opponent used the Lakers and made sure to pass to ball to Kwame Brown every time up the court.

OK, I'm kidding.

The first half was nothing but Kobe Bryant dunking, dunking, dunking. The Lakers scored 28 points in the first half, and Kobe had 22 of them. I didn't really know how to stop it at first, but then I just double-teamed Kobe every time he got the ball. I forced a few turnovers and made him shoot jump shots. I fouled the Lakers liberally because the guy couldn't make free throws.

His entire defensive scheme was to defend the same type of offense he ran. Not too bright. I'm using the Grizzlies. My point guard is 3 feet tall, and I have Eddie Jones, Mike Miller, and Rudy Gay on the perimeter. Sure, I have to limit Pau Gasol, but what's he think I'm gonna do? Drive Damon Stoudamire into traffic? I just took mid-range jumpers the whole game until I built a lead, and then the guy had to get aggressive. That's when I fed the ball inside. Stromile Swift was scoring points for me.

Just like in my franchise game, I got disinterested in defense in the final two minutes, so the clown managed to put a few more points on the board and cut into my lead, but I still won 58-50. I had trouble stopping the nonstop driving/dunking people last year, but it's easier for me to defend this time around. Apparently, my opponent thought it was too easy. He tagged me as an "avoided player" because I was "unsporting." I guess defense is frowned upon!

What is his xbox name, we can all tag him as avoided?

Just kidding...

Last edited by Grammaticus : 10-01-2006 at 07:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #199
RGunner
High School JV

ive found that online out of the 4 games ive played, 3 of them have basically shot 3 pointers 75% of the time...granted its easy to beat them, which is why im 3-1 so far...its just annoying...other than that this game is great...ill be online a lot tonight probably so if u want to play send me a msg or something my tag is kbz2286
Old 10-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #200
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post

I've had the same thing happen with every single one of my 360 games. Annoyance to the extreme and it's gotten to the point where I haven't bought any new games, despite my wanting very much to buy NBA 2K7 last night.

I just need to find time to contact Microsoft about getting it fixed.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote