Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #151
Franklinnoble
Banned

I would be shocked... SHOCKED, I say.... if Fritz is not offered a Mod position.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:21 PM   #152
JeeberD
General Manager

Prepare to be shocked.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
Old 03-03-2006, 03:21 PM   #153
Dutch
"Dutch"

Dear Skydog,

Did you send your invitation for me to be a mod through PM or E-mail because I didn't get it yet.

Thanks,
Dutch

PS - I already have my list of who I need to ban ready to go...just need rights. k thx.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #154
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
At the risk of repeating myself ... an elephant is a mouse designed by commitee.

Repeat it a few more times, because I still don't know what the heck it's supposed to mean.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:23 PM   #155
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I just don't get the reasoning for Blade to be a mod. I will say this: I would never want to be a mod, as I don't fit the mold, but sincerely don't think Blade does either. As many times as I've seen him get emotional (as I do too), act childishly, insult people, etc., I think he is an EXTREMELY poor choice for a mod.

Everyone else, I whole-heartedly agree with being put in as mods.

Anyway, I will try to bury my vendetta with him, but I will certainly not kiss his ass if he starts to throw his "power" around (which I fully expect to happen).
I removed ya from my ignore list to mod and to respond to this. I whole heartedly think i was chosen based off a PM conversation Skydog and i had over the jesse/joninthemiddleGA/chubby fiasco. We had a faily long conversation discussing the issues(respectfully) and i think that earned a level of respect from him. I expected you not to like it, but ive already stated my personal feelings against you will have no effect on my modding. And i hope i can prove you wrong on the power thing...either way, i hope you come to appreciate me as a mod(like you came to appreciated my GM thread after not liking it at first)
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Old 03-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #156
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Maybe that's why they were selected? To represent those "parts" of FOFC? I'm not trying to get in SkyDog's head, but I would want all interests of FOFC represented for a "committee" of sorts. I know someone will quote me and find a flaw in this logic by saying, "Why aren't the assholes represented? What about the women vote?"

I sort of get it, but I would also want someone who is capable of modding. Blade6119 appears to get emotional at times (not a bad quality), and I don't want him to make irrational decisiosn because of how he feels at any given time.

That was my complaint with SkyDog at certain times. At times, I felt that he just wasn't in a good mood and banished someone for it. Now this didn't happen all that often, but I can see it happening with most decisions with Blade, but I could be wrong.

JeeberD, in my opinion, seems like he will flow with what the popular opinion about a person is. In other words, I don't think he will do anything unless the community all have a similar opinion about a particular person. But who knows, I never seen him in this type of capacity and I could be wrong, but this is how I feel at the moment.

Last edited by Antmeister : 03-03-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #157
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Im not familiar with the quote...are you implying greed and power corrupts?

No, not at all.

The reference is an old one (at least it's as old as I am, cause I remember hearing it pretty much my whole life). It refers to the tendency for commitee's to either:
a) to keep adding parts/factors/considerations in the interest of keeping everyone happy, but at the expense of completely wrecking the efficiency/ purpose of the original mission.

And/Or

b) suffer from "paralysis by analysis", where there's too much discussion and virtually no action

(The alternate form, at least the one I've seen, goes "A giraffe is a horse designed by commitee. An elephant is a mouse designed to government specifications.")
Old 03-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #158
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
I sort of get it, but I would also want someone who is capable of modding. Blade6119 appears to get emotional at times....

Understatement of the year.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #159
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I removed ya from my ignore list to mod and to respond to this. I whole heartedly think i was chosen based off a PM conversation Skydog and i had over the jesse/joninthemiddleGA/chubby fiasco. We had a faily long conversation discussing the issues(respectfully) and i think that earned a level of respect from him. I expected you not to like it, but ive already stated my personal feelings against you will have no effect on my modding. And i hope i can prove you wrong on the power thing...either way, i hope you come to appreciate me as a mod(like you came to appreciated my GM thread after not liking it at first)

All I can say is this: If you treat me with respect, I will treat you with respect; however, if you do some of the things you've done in the past, I will certainly not kiss your butt just because you're a mod.

I'm ready to bury the hatchet, but don't fuck with me.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:30 PM   #160
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
...I'm ready to bury the hatchet, but don't fuck with me...

Okay, I have got to use this in my signature.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:30 PM   #161
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I haven't read most of the discussion (SkyDog and JimGA style!!!), but it seems like you might want to have 12 people, instead of 11, for your fractions to work nicely.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:32 PM   #162
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
I just find it a little too convenient that two days after I start an alternative board, invite others to mod, and name JeeberD a mod, Ben makes the first major moderating change around here in YEARS...

...Including trying to pilfer Jeebs from me. Is there a poster's union where I can file a grievance? I say this is tampering, dammit!

You will be compensated with a 3rd round pick in the FOFC "Your Favorite Maximum Football Bug" Draft.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #163
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I haven't read most of the discussion (SkyDog and JimGA style!!!), but it seems like you might want to have 12 people, instead of 11, for your fractions to work nicely.
Fractions are highly overrated.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #164
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
You will be compensated with a 3rd round pick in the FOFC "Your Favorite Maximum Football Bug" Draft.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #165
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
All I can say is this: If you treat me with respect, I will treat you with respect; however, if you do some of the things you've done in the past, I will certainly not kiss your butt just because you're a mod.

I want you to question my every move as a mod. If your kissing it there is something wrong. And we can still hate each other in WW, but outside of it i have to be calm and collected in my views/thoughts(part of why i needed the break from the game)
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Old 03-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #166
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I hate on SkyDork all the time, but I see this as a good decision and commend him for it.

My only real beef is that now I have to come up with a bunch more nicknames for when one of the new mods peeves me off. JerkerD? STFUCougar?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 03-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #167
KWhit
Coordinator

I have a feeling that this isn't going to end well. But it should be mighty entertaining.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #168
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo
I hate on SkyDork all the time, but I see this as a good decision and commend him for it.

My only real beef is that now I have to come up with a bunch more nicknames for when one of the new mods peeves me off. JerkerD? STFUCougar?
I hope you're kidding, but I do find STFUCougar very humorous.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #169
Izulde
Head Coach

Too many cooks.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Old 03-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #170
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Owl
Who is going to stand up for the < 250 post group.

Dammit, we are people too !!! We need representation.

You. Please represent the group in a 6-post essay. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:46 PM   #171
Tigercat
College Starter

What do I have to do around here to get my own FOFC arch-nemesis? It looks like it makes posting much more interesting. Anyone want to start a intimate arguement that could develop an irrational(or rational) hatred for each other?
Old 03-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #172
Subby
lolzcat

I respectfully agree with Schmidty. I can think of a shitton of better choices than Blade. Hopefully he will prove me wrong.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Old 03-03-2006, 03:51 PM   #173
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat
What do I have to do around here to get my own FOFC arch-nemesis? It looks like it makes posting much more interesting. Anyone want to start a intimate arguement that could develop an irrational(or rational) hatred for each other?
Fuck you Tigercat you uncle fucking muppet! I humped your mom with your dog's bullock's while wearing your favorite jumper!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 03-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #174
Silver Owl
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat
Whats up with the name? Tigercat is redundant as hell, dumbass. It should be either TIGER or CAT not both.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:55 PM   #175
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Fuck you Tigercat you uncle fucking muppet! I humped your mom with your dog's bullock's while wearing your favorite jumper!

Aw, I hate you too my Canadian foil, I hate you too.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #176
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
Repeat it a few more times, because I still don't know what the heck it's supposed to mean.

See Post #157 (this thread) for a long version.
See Post #169 (from Izulde) for a very succinct version (even though he was commenting generally, it fits pretty good)
Old 03-03-2006, 03:58 PM   #177
Dutch
"Dutch"

I guess I don't read the post names as well as I should, but who the hell is Blade6119? And why does everybody think he's too emotional?

Is this a hattrick thing?
Old 03-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #178
Silver Owl
High School JV

Quote:
You. Please represent the group in a 6-post essay. Thanks.
Hmmm ... I don't think I have made 6 posts in a single month, much less in a single day.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #179
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Hmmm. Interesting.

Looks like I picked a good time to return to FOFC.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #180
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
I guess I don't read the post names as well as I should, but who the hell is Blade6119?

The guy who was screaming for my head on a plate a couple of days ago.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:59 PM   #181
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

I think WTFCougar is better.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:01 PM   #182
kingfc22
Head Coach

How did I miss this thread?
Old 03-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #183
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
The guy who was screaming for my head on a plate a couple of days ago.
How was he going to serve it? Baked, Fried, or BBQ'd?
Old 03-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #184
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

(especially with the mis-spelling and extra apostrophe - adds something somehow!)
Old 03-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #185
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I hope you're kidding, but I do find STFUCougar very humorous.
Ditto on both counts
Old 03-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #186
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
I think WTFCougar is better.
You could really bust my chops and go with UWCougar, but dawgfan might squeal a bit.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #187
WVUFAN
College Starter

Kudos to Skydog for this decision.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #188
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Good luck to the brave people willing to be assistent-mods.
I give SkyDog (and Ryan S?) kudos for bringing a diverse group together, especially with the inclusing of some would probably won't qualify as effin' elitists.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #189
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
Kudos to Skydog for this decision.

STFUFAN!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #190
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I think Blade6119 surprised me the most. I am also thinking the other two outstanding invitations are EaglesFan27 (who would be a great choice) and Frogman. If I had to pick a couple of moderators I would like to see, those two would be at the top of the list.

My only knock with EaglesFan27 is that his dynasty posts are short.

and FrogMan already has the track record here at FOFC with his Hattrick Forum moderation skillz...

He may not want to take on the general forum due to family and work obligations.

==t9m
Old 03-03-2006, 04:22 PM   #191
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Sounds like a good, sensible move.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-03-2006, 04:24 PM   #192
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Kudos for the move SD, and congrats to the new mods. There have been modding decisions I've agreed with in the past, and some that I havn't, but I think that this move should do nicely to take a lot of the load off of Ben in terms of issues that he has to deal with. And I'm not concerned with "abuse-of-power" because I think if that clearly becomes a problem then of course Ben reserves the right to switch-out mods (if say Jeebs goes on a banning-bender) and/or modify their decisions if they are completely without merit.

all in all a good move, long overdue if just because as Ben says, the level of activity has grown exponentially.

as for my thoughts on who may be the other two...well I don't have a PM so it's not me. I'd guess EF27 and maybe Fozzie? Definately EF27, not sure who the other would be though. Guess we'll see.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #193
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

I nominate you to be our ambassador to the UN. I mean this seriously.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #194
Kodos
Resident Alien

I will use my new powers to destroy all those who oppose me!!!

What? I'm still not a moderator?

Cancel that last remark about destroying all those who oppose me.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-03-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #195
samifan24
Pro Starter

Well I thank Ben and Ryan for their moderation duties performed to this point and welcome the new guys as well. I think this is a good change at FOFC and will only help the growth of this board.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #196
Desnudo
Coordinator

Dola,

I agree with the sentiments echoed in a lot of these posts, especially around the Blade choice. Sorry for piling it on.

However, I believe everyone should get a chance to prove themselves. I don't think many boards this size have just one moderator. And people shouldn't forget that Skydog can always take that which he giveth, so there is some mod oversight.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #197
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

This diverse of a group will be PMing each other to their deaths.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 03-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #198
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

You have to be from earth. It was Question #2 on the app.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #199
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
You have to be from earth. It was Question #2 on the app.

Curse you, you planetary chauvanist bastard!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #200
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
This diverse of a group will be PMing each other to their deaths.
They don't need PM's... They have their own private elitist mod forum.
Closed Thread