Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #151
Buzzbee
College Starter

Way to keep at it Kodos. Eventually those 2 bottles on bad days will become 1 bottle on bad days. Then those 1 bottle on bad days will eventually become 0 bottles.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:03 PM   #152
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Still on the bandwagon...
Old 10-21-2005, 01:59 PM   #153
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm going to take Monster Energy drinks in with me to work tonight. I normally work 6am-2pm, but this weekend I pulled duty, and I'll be at it from 10pm-10am.

Kind of sucks, but I know I'll never make it through the night without something artificial helping me along the way.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:04 PM   #154
Kodos
Resident Alien

I am drinking an illegal bottle of Cherry Coke right now. Stayed up too late last night playing video games...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:47 PM   #155
Lorena
Unregistered

I haven't checked this thread in a while, but I'll come clean. I've had a few diet sodas since this started. Not very many, maybe less than 5.

Lay it on me I deserve it.

Last edited by Lorena : 10-22-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:20 PM   #156
Kodos
Resident Alien

Today is the first day where I'm s'posed to be caffeine-free. So far, so good...
Old 10-24-2005, 02:04 PM   #157
Kodos
Resident Alien

Well, that didn't take long. I decided to allot myself half-a-bottle today. :|
Old 10-24-2005, 02:06 PM   #158
Radii
Head Coach

I've updated the initial post with dates for people that have slipped up.

I had my last one last monday. I really picked a shitty time to try to do this, I am just too constantly stressed this month, but in the end I'll feel a lot better if I can stick with it, and I've now gone a full week so I'm on the right track.

How's everyone else doing? Anyone else that I need to add to the list, any other dates to update?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:23 PM   #159
JeeberD
General Manager

I had a tough spot the other night. I went to a wedding that had an open bar and I ordered my usual, a Cap Cod. The bartender was like, "OK...ummm...oh, I don't have any cranberry juice." So I started to rack my brain for something else to mix the vodka with when he announced, "Actually, the only mixers I have are Coke and Sprite." That put me in a bind until I saw the margarita machine behind him. Thank god for frozen tequila goodness...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:02 PM   #160
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm doing fine. Other than the Monster energy drinks for the weekend duty...which I still haven't recovered from.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:43 PM   #161
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Count me out. Sorry, the Dew called upon me in a time of weakness (travel).
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 PM   #162
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper
Count me out. Sorry, the Dew called upon me in a time of weakness (travel).

**Wham** "I'm out!"

Old 10-26-2005, 12:23 AM   #163
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
How's everyone else doing?

Still hanging in there. Getting easier now to resist. Went to Subway for lunch and wasn't even tempted by the soda machine. Water is my friend.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:45 AM   #164
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
Still hanging in there. Getting easier now to resist. Went to Subway for lunch and wasn't even tempted by the soda machine. Water is my friend.

Very good! I had a bunch of soda on my anniversary(we went out for a nice dinner and I couldn't... didn't even try to resist) and the next morning had a coke but that was my last one. I was sick all weekend and drinking nothing but water and the occasional orange juice, and now that I'm starting to get better and am back at work it's been a week and a half since I've had one and I haven't had major urges to have one yet. Perhaps this time it'll stick!
Old 10-29-2005, 08:44 PM   #165
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

--still good--
Old 10-29-2005, 08:59 PM   #166
JeeberD
General Manager

No cola here. Though I might have to swear off beer as a money saving device...

Old 10-31-2005, 10:31 AM   #167
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've been doing poorly recently. With the Halloween party today at work, I'm not even going to try to resist.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:29 PM   #168
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You know what, I'm having a soda. I just got a huge dose of super depressing news and I'm going to have one. It's that or beer, and don't have beer right now, which is probably a good thing.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:53 AM   #169
Radii
Head Coach

Don't worry about it AE, you've been doing great, and there's nothign wrong with starting over, I've done it multiple times before I finally got on a roll.

I hope everything is alright.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:17 PM   #170
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'd like to say I'm back on the wagon, but I'm not. I'm still struggling with a huge personal problem that's really got me down. My emotions make me feel bipolar right now. I'm either on top of the world or super depressed. It even spills into the "no soda". Sometimes I'm all about starting over, but other times I say screw it, what's the use.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:33 PM   #171
JeeberD
General Manager

I need to expand this vow to OG breadsticks as well. That's been my real weakness lately...

Old 11-07-2005, 05:37 PM   #172
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

--still onboard--
Old 11-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #173
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Still onboard too. Still going strong with the soda end of things.

I did have one coffee last month, but that was it for major doses of caffeine.

Now if I could only keep my hands out of the kids' Trick or Treat stash. I've already had to buy two bags of candy to replace what I've eaten...
Old 11-07-2005, 11:57 PM   #174
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Still onboard too. Still going strong with the soda end of things.

I did have one coffee last month, but that was it for major doses of caffeine.

Now if I could only keep my hands out of the kids' Trick or Treat stash. I've already had to buy two bags of candy to replace what I've eaten...

Anyone tell him what's in choccolate?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:31 AM   #175
Radii
Head Coach

I'm still doing well here too. I have had a couple of occasions where I have just *craved* a soda but i've held off. I have a 32 oz water bottle that I fill up when I get to work in the morning, and again at lunchtime. As long as I fill it up twice a day I'll drink water and have no problems.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:47 PM   #176
Buzzbee
College Starter

Keep with it gang!!! For those still hanging on, or who have only had a slip up or two, way to go!!!

As for Kodos, well....
Old 11-09-2005, 08:55 PM   #177
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I'm having a hard time following this. I had never known soda was addictive. I rarely drink soda, never any coffee or tea but lots of water, so I guess I hadn't experienced any physical drawbacks to drinking soda. But here's my problem, some of you are drinking and eating things that are worse for you - health-wise. Shouldn't you be taking a more holistic approach to diet and nutrition?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #178
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Congrats to everyone still going strong! Way to go, Radii, you can do it!

I'm still on board. Had three coffees (and a bunch of candy), so the caffeine part of the deal is off for me, but that was always a fringe benefit to giving up soda for me, so I consider myself on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
I'm having a hard time following this. I had never known soda was addictive. I rarely drink soda, never any coffee or tea but lots of water, so I guess I hadn't experienced any physical drawbacks to drinking soda. But here's my problem, some of you are drinking and eating things that are worse for you - health-wise. Shouldn't you be taking a more holistic approach to diet and nutrition?
I think so, but most research that I've read concludes that making dramatic changes to diet is too difficult for most people to maintain in the long run. Combine that with the eating binge people go on when they fall off their diets, and hard-core dietary changes can often lead to weight gains. And regardless of research, I know that I have never been able to stick with any major healthy eating plan. It's simply too much work for me to make full scale changes to my eating habits at once.

But I think you are correct, Buc, in that I need to do more if I'm going to get where I want to be.

I was thinking it might make sense to add one new element of change to my diet each month, until maybe a year from now I could be eating a lot better. Just brainstorming, maybe I could add a positive element on odd months and subtract a negative one on even months.

For example, last month, I gave up soda. That is "subtracting a negative." This month, I could try to eat one solid vegetable a day (preferably green), no matter what. This will be "adding a positive." To those of you that eat good meals this might seem silly, but I know there are many days where I'll go through a day with a light breakfast, a sandwhich for lunch, and some pasta for dinner--nothing substantially green in there at all. And for me, making sure I add a good vegetable each day will take some effort and planning.

If I could keep adding positives and subtracting negatives for a year, I might end up with a reasonable diet.

No matter though, cutting out soda has absolutely been a good thing for me over the past month. I'm down about three pounds total in weight, and before Halloween, was down six pounds off my early October weight. I'm fairly certain this is a result of giving up soda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Fozzie
Anyone tell him what's in choccolate?
Yeah, I was hoping to give up caffeine completely, too, but that one has gone by the wayside for the moment. I might add it at some point, though. Fortunately, the amount of caffeine in chocolate is relatively small. Unfortunately, if I have a half dozen of those mini Amazing Bars, I'm probably getting the equivalent of a Coke's worth of caffeine and probably even more calories. However...if I hadn't given up soda, I'd be washing those candy bars down with Cherry Coke, so I'm still happy with myself for giving up the soda.

In any case, the candy is almost gone, and I have restrained myself over the past few days.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 11-11-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #179
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer

I'm not sure what examples you have of people that are having things that are worse for them than soda?

Regardless, for me at least, it's not that soda is addictive, it's just that I love the taste of it. So instead of having one a day, I have four a day. The alternative, even if I were drinking or eating something equally unhealthy, is that I don't get that "one more" feeling and would have lesser quantities of other items.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #180
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:

However...if I hadn't given up soda, I'd be washing those candy bars down with Cherry Coke, so I'm still happy with myself for giving up the soda.

My thoughts exactly.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #181
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Just checking in...

How's everyone doing?

I'm still doing ok. No sodas.

Actually went on the Atkins diet for a week and dropped five pounds before caving in to fatigue and general bitchiness. Have lost 8 pounds altogether since starting this. Six more pounds to go.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 11-28-2005 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:54 PM   #182
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just checking in...

How's everyone doing?

I'm still doing ok. No sodas.

Actually went on the Atkins diet for a week and dropped five pounds before caving in to fatigue and general bitchiness. Haved lost 8 pounds altogether since starting this. Six more pounds to go.

I'm all good.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #183
JeeberD
General Manager

:o

Yesterday at work the Coke guy came out because the soda that comes out of our bar guns has been flat and gross for as long as I can remember. He fixed them and then took a couple of glasses out to our managers for them to try. Well, they didn't think it tasted right but the Coke guy said that everything was fine. So a trainer came over and put some in a glass and asked me to taste it to see what I thought. I took two or three small sips and then I realized what I was doing...and that I had ruined my vow.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:18 PM   #184
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD

Yesterday at work the Coke guy came out because the soda that comes out of our bar guns has been flat and gross for as long as I can remember. He fixed them and then took a couple of glasses out to our managers for them to try. Well, they didn't think it tasted right but the Coke guy said that everything was fine. So a trainer came over and put some in a glass and asked me to taste it to see what I thought. I took two or three small sips and then I realized what I was doing...and that I had ruined my vow.

You were tricked. It was Satan.

I call a do-over.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:02 AM   #185
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

You can add me to the list. I went for the cold turkey when this was first posted in the “General Discussion” forum and have not touched it since.

Milk, water, coffee and popcorn! has been my new “drugs” of choice.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:34 PM   #186
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:

I wouldn't count that, if it were me.

I had some "fruit punch" at a Halloween party because it was the only drink available; there wasn't even water around. The stuff looked un-carbonated in the punch bowl. After a couple of sips, I got a feeling that there was a little carbination in it, perhaps some orange soda added to it. I stopped right away.

I'm not counting that slip-up against me. I think intent/amount is a big part of the whole thing.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:59 AM   #187
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've been hovering at the 1 can to 1 bottle per day range, which is an improvement over the 3 a day from before. I suck.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #188
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm out! I was fine on Thanksgiving Day, but at my high school reunion the Saturday after (those things can be so weird), I had a ton of coke, just to give me something to do. Then the next day on the ride back, I had some more since I was already out. Start me up again as of 11/27!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:43 AM   #189
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, I started my year over on Thanksgiving (even though the first post wasn't updated), and last weekend, I fizzled out again. I had a few cokes at the Christmas party for lurker's office. Then, the next day, I had a few more at Chili's (damn those free refills). And you know what? I **like** Coke, damnit! Why the hell are you people doing this to me? Screw you all! I'm out!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:36 AM   #190
Kodos
Resident Alien

Coke fiend!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:10 PM   #191
JeeberD
General Manager

Saturday, for some reason, I got a HUGE craving for some good old fashioned Coca-Cola. I don't know why I was craving it, but I was. Went to Walmart to look at Christmas lights and everywhere I looked was a Coke display. But I stood strong and refused to give in and got some fruit punch to drink instead.

Old 01-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #192
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm officially ON THE WAGON again today. F you, soda.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #193
JeeberD
General Manager

I've been having the occasional strong craving for Coca-Cola every once in a while, but I have yet to cave. And I had a weird time explaining my reasoning for not drinking soda at the future in-laws over Christmas...

Old 01-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #194
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I'm officially ON THE WAGON again today. F you, soda.

Tough luck...at least you held out longer than me!
Old 01-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #195
ice4277
Pro Rookie

How come you guys just don't switch to Diet instead of trying to give up altogether?
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:33 PM   #196
JeeberD
General Manager

'Cause diet tastes like ass...

Old 01-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #197
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I'm thinking about getting back on the bandwagon, because the cost of orange juice & milk is so goddamn expensive. $3 for a half-gallon of OJ, which is good for MAYBE 6 glasses (has to be more like 4, though), which is 50-75 cents per glass. Soda is $3 for 12 cans, which means like 25 cents per glass. Hard to justify paying that much more for the non-soda drinks...
Old 01-09-2006, 06:05 PM   #198
JeeberD
General Manager

H2O, brother. It's free...

Old 01-10-2006, 12:42 PM   #199
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
I've been having the occasional strong craving for Coca-Cola every once in a while, but I have yet to cave. And I had a weird time explaining my reasoning for not drinking soda at the future in-laws over Christmas...

I'm still hanging in there, but I'm starting to forget why I am doing this. I look at my wife's Cherry Coke at dinner and I think, "Wow. That looks great. I'd love a Cherry Coke." And then I realize I can't have one, and I think, "Now, why can't I have one...?" and I can't seem to come up with a good reason.

Right now I'm just relying on the fact that I knew there were good reasons when I started this, and I must have known what I was doing. Which is pretty stupid reasoning on my part, but I'm sticking with it for now.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #200
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I am still a little unclear after reading Jeeber's posts. How does one have a craving for Coke and what does it *feel* like? I'm not sure I can relate to craving a food that you want to have some all of the time.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote