Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #151
Zē+
High School JV

Pitt up huge on Navy, as Shady McCoy is running all over the Navy defense. Nice to see Pitt get some revenge after a disappointing loss to the Naval Academy at Heinz Field last year. Good chance Pitt moves into the top 20 this week.

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!
Zē+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #152
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

This is weird. I live in MI and I'm not seeing Michigan play a #3 team. Granted I live in Spartan country so that's probably why.

Nice to see the standard cutaway to Tom Izzo that seems to happen when the Spartans start to go, "Well, at least there is basketball season."

'Bama seems to be working on another non-sexy, but solid win.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:15 PM   #153
MJ4H
Coordinator

by non-sexy I wonder if you mean non-win? Ole Miss back within 7. Bama misses big Cody.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #154
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
This is weird. I live in MI and I'm not seeing Michigan play a #3 team. Granted I live in Spartan country so that's probably why.

Nice to see the standard cutaway to Tom Izzo that seems to happen when the Spartans start to go, "Well, at least there is basketball season."

That is weird. Even when I lived in Grand Rapids, Michigan was ALWAYS on. You don't have it on ESPN2?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #155
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC with 3 backs over 100 yards in the game. 69-0 win.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #156
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
USC with 3 backs over 100 yards in the game. 69-0 win.

My son has gotten to the point of rooting against every team above them in the polls. Lot of things have to happen for the Trojans to get to #2.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:43 PM   #157
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post

Michigan should be on ESPN.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:45 PM   #158
cmp
Pro Rookie

And why Rodriguez put in Sheridan for that drive I do not understand.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #159
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I assume Threet has to be hurt. After the last drive he was in he came up holding his arm weird.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #160
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Feagin is warming up now. I think Threet is hurt.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #161
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan's D is so pathetic. I am way more upset with them then our offense. At least I knew the offense would struggle. The defense should not be this horrid.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:51 PM   #162
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Michigan's D is so pathetic. I am way more upset with them then our offense. At least I knew the offense would struggle. The defense should not be this horrid.

Yeah that is the main thing I don't understand. They should be solid.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #163
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
Yeah that is the main thing I don't understand. They should be solid.

They do not tackle. The secondary gives up big plays. Our DL has gotten hardly any pressure. It's just a travesty.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #164
DeToxRox
Head Coach

They're saying on the rivals site that Threet is hurt but trying to get back in the game.

And as I type that Royster carves up the D again.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #165
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
And why Rodriguez put in Sheridan for that drive I do not understand.

Maybe for the same reason Brandon Minor wasn't getting the ball at all before today.

Nice punt there... maybe Ditch-Rod's been personally working with Mesko on his technique.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:58 PM   #166
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
They do not tackle. The secondary gives up big plays. Our DL has gotten hardly any pressure. It's just a travesty.

Give them a break... wait until Ditch-Rod gets his type of players in Ann Arbor. You can't expect much this season. Blah, blah, blah.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #167
tarcone
Coordinator

RB Shonn Greene 25 carries 217 yards and 4 TDs
Great day
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #168
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I would've gone for it if I am PSU. Put the foot down on the head.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #169
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Michigan should be on ESPN.

<--- doesn't have cable.

After LSU smoked Appalachian State, they asked them what the biggest difference was compared to Michigan. They said speed. This is a vast reason why Michigan's secondary is so horrible.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:04 PM   #170
tarcone
Coordinator

Threat back
Old 10-18-2008, 06:04 PM   #171
tarcone
Coordinator

Good night Michigan
Old 10-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #172
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Up 17-7, I wondered how the coaching genius would secure the loss...
Old 10-18-2008, 06:07 PM   #173
tarcone
Coordinator

ill trade ferentz for rodriguez
Old 10-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #174
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post

Okay Michigan Schmidty.

This is not a good team. The D was overrated and the offense has 1 OL coming into the year with any game experience. Our QB's are a red shirt freshman and a walk on.

Should we be better?

Yes. Toledo was a joke but beyond that we haven't lost any game you could look at in the pre-season and say we shoulda won.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #175
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Quote:
Maybe for the same reason Brandon Minor wasn't getting the ball at all before today.

Nice punt there... maybe Ditch-Rod's been personally working with Mesko on his technique.

You mean the fact that up until this point Minor refused to hold the ball correctly leading to what, 5 fumbles?

Quote:

Honestly, just go cheer for another team. I know this really should not be on this board, but I just get tired of people bitching just to bitch.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #176
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

OU is up 45-24 on #16 Kansas in the 4th quarter. The backups are in now, and Sam Bradford finishes the day 36 out of 53 for 468 yards, 3 TD's and no INT's.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:27 PM   #177
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Ok guys, you're right... there is nothing to bitch about when it comes to the season Michigan is having and the amazing job that Rodrigues is doing of coaching this team. It is not his fault that his offense couldn't be adjusted to accommodate the best QB on campus, resulting in his transfer (which likely influenced at least Arrington to go pro.)

From now on I will try to look at things positively! Next season we get a true freshman at QB. It will be exciting to see how the team might develop into a contender in the Big Ten in 2012 or so, if he gets his type of players.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #178
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok guys, you're right... there is nothing to bitch about when it comes to the season Michigan is having and the amazing job that Rodrigues is doing of coaching this team. It is not his fault that his offense couldn't be adjusted to accommodate the best QB on campus, resulting in his transfer (which likely influenced at least Arrington to go pro.)

From now on I will try to look at things positively! Next season we get a true freshman at QB. It will be exciting to see how the team might develop into a contender in the Big Ten in 2012 or so, if he gets his type of players.

No one said that there is "nothing to bitch about" -- people only took issue with the fact that you were bitching while we had a 10 point lead. The rest of us Michigan fans were busy rooting for the team to win, that's all.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #179
DeToxRox
Head Coach

My problem is you're bitching as if this current team would be a hundred times better with someone else coaching. The D would be the same still. Sure the offense might have Boren, but that's it. Mallett was leaving regardless. So we might have a couple more OL but that is it.

We'd still be a 6 or 7 win team if you want my opinion so take the lumps now and remember these struggles two years from now when we're competing for the BCS.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:40 PM   #180
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

wow what a tough day.
Clemson managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. Two tough calls (the running into kicker, and the holding) that at least on the jumbo screen looked iffy at best (the hold; we definitely rolled into a kicker who still had his leg in the air when the punt was caught)....exciting day for the young coach though.

Then things got interesting. A minor scuffle broke out behind us in the stands, I stepped in to try and restore peace (honestly it was all caused by a drunk GT fan being obnoxious, but a fellow CU fan threw a fairly quick punch) well some other GT fan from 2 rows above decides to come up and dump a coke on my 5 year old daughters head.
Like yells at me, "Wanna get involved, how you like this?" and dumps a full coke on my now screaming daughters head. She promptly kicked him in the leg, but I was not so polite. That ended with a short conversation with the police and probably need to get my hand stitched up.... Random GT idiot will be taken to jail, after he leaves medical attention I am told.

I probably need to just hush until I speak with my atty.

But all in all Clemsosn D looked good, and our O was a bit different, but we still cant block anyone. Wheen PJ gets HIS players, that O will probably be tough to stop.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:55 PM   #181
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Another late garbage TD, this time by KU gives me the cover and the second half over. WooT!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #182
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Maybe I have fallen into looking at Michigan in the same light as the Lions.

I'd have loved to see Michigan win this game. I'd love to see Michigan win every game.

It makes me sick to think of where this season is going and the excuses that are out there for where this team is at. A coach's job is to put a team in the best possible position to win. Not to win next year or the year after that, but to win the game to be played.

All I have seen from Rich Rodriguez is a coach who has a scheme. His team will play this specific scheme whether the players fit it or not. Does a player do something different better? Tough. I do believe that Michigan will have players who fit his scheme better in a few years. I also feel that in a few years the spread offense will be another scheme that teams will have adjusted to. Will Rodriguez adjust? I don't know... I haven't seen anything that suggests his ego will allow it.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #183
MJ4H
Coordinator

Arkansas started off great against Kentucky and was within half a yard of being up 14-0 with all the momentum. For some reason, Petrino runs our little back Michael Smith up the middle twice in a row and he is stuffed hard and loses the ball on the second one. Now Kentucky is about to tie it up I'm afraid, driving the ball in Arkansas territory midway through the 2nd quarter.

Still 7-0 Arkansas as of now, though.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #184
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Well, Lloyd ran left last year even when Mike Hart was hurt, and we saw how awful that became at times. Every coach is stubborn. RichRod didn't get hired at Michigan though to run the I.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 PM   #185
MJ4H
Coordinator

Kentucky missed the FG and Arkansas moved it a bit and had to punt back to KY. Kentucky has the ball on their own 12 now. 7-0 Arkansas, getting late in the 2nd quarter.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #186
MJ4H
Coordinator

Kentucky fumbles and Arkansas capitalizes 3 plays later, 14-0 Arkansas 1:15 to go before half. Arkansas has the ball to start the second half.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #187
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

It looks like all of this hype over the Big XII needs to be revised to the Big XII South.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #188
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OMG what a catch by Williams. Crushing for Mizzou having UT in 3-12
Old 10-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #189
MJ4H
Coordinator

Arkansas again capitalizes on a KY turnover and leads 17-0. 9:45 to go in the 3rd.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #190
Izulde
Head Coach

The Duncan Apartments cable package isn't good enough to get the Arkansas/Kentucky game.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #191
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My problem is you're bitching as if this current team would be a hundred times better with someone else coaching. The D would be the same still. Sure the offense might have Boren, but that's it. Mallett was leaving regardless. So we might have a couple more OL but that is it.

We'd still be a 6 or 7 win team if you want my opinion so take the lumps now and remember these struggles two years from now when we're competing for the BCS.

I will say this though. Good coaches build game plans around the talent they have versus forcing a scheme onto a team that can't handle it. Rich could have gone in and done a more conventional offense with shades of what he is going to add eventually and let people adjust to it that way. Nebraska tried to go from an option offense into a pro style offense in one season and we all know how well that went.

Michigan in a bad year can put together a top 25 recruiting class. RR can't take that type of talent and squeeze out anything better than what looks to be a max 4 win season? Really? Loses to Utah and Toledo at home and a mere 10 victory against Miami(OH)? As I posted previously in last weeks thread, Michigan has lost that kind of talent recently and came away with at worst a 7 win season. I really can't want for the RR backers to be looking at a possible 3 win season and trying to blame it solely on Michigan's sudden lack of talent.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #192
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Texas looks every bit the #1 team in the country
Old 10-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #193
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Texas looks every bit the #1 team in the country

I've got to agree, and it looks like Missouri has turned out to be a mirage, shielded by their membership in the Big XII North.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #194
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
I've got to agree, and it looks like Missouri has turned out to be a mirage, shielded by their membership in the Big XII North.

17 yard punts don't help. They keep giving UT the ball on the 50
Old 10-18-2008, 08:10 PM   #195
MJ4H
Coordinator

Kentucky with a long pass play and it's 17-7. Arkansas trying to move the ball but trying to shoot themselves in the foot. Need to move it and keep the momentum.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #196
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
17 yard punts don't help. They keep giving UT the ball on the 50

Missouri has 14 total yards to Texas' 245. One first down to Texas' 12. They're getting manhandled on both sides of the ball.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #197
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tennessee misses a short FG (may have been partially blocked), still leads Miss. St. 13-3 with 1:30 left in Q3.

Boston College scores again, now 21-10 over VaTech with 6:43 left in Q2.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-18-2008 at 08:20 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #198
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Texas looks good, if they keep playing like this I don't think anyone can beat them...seriously.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #199
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

TD SC, ties LSU 10-10 with 2:38 left in the first half.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:23 PM   #200
Tigercat
College Starter

I hate LSU's current DCs(yes, there are two of them). I believe they both are made of suckage. They took everything that was once great about LSU Ds and have pissed all over it.

When we blitz (which isn't often enough) we can't cover anything underneath, when we don't blitz we still can't cover anything underneath.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote