Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #151
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
My favorite part was when Pam was chanting no more meetings, Stanley was in the background chanting along. He was the only one doing that.

Agreed. He looked so happy.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #152
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Last night's episode with Michael telling Pam and Jim about dating her mother....That was really good stuff. Laugh out loud funny stuff.

Ditto. This was a great episode. Just absolutely hilarious. Especially with Jim silently pleading that Pam didn't push too hard on asking Michael which mom he was seeing (and then it was great how excited she was that he was seeing someone else's mom and then in horror when she found out it was her own)..
Old 10-24-2009, 06:39 PM   #153
Swaggs
Coordinator

Creed almost deserves an Emmy for doing so much with so little screen time.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #154
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Creed almost deserves an Emmy for doing so much with so little screen time.

My wife, who rarely watches the show, watched last night's episode with me, thanks to me begging since I was already a day behind..

So, we're watching it and when the Opera comes on and showed Creed sniffling I started laughing out loud; I threw a friendly shoulder at my wife and pointed at the screen and said, "Ooh, Creed..". She looks at me like I'm crazy.

She just doesn't get Creed, I guess.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #155
Swaggs
Coordinator

Creed is definitely an acquired taste, but I have been watching older episodes on Netflix (you can stream them) and he has 1 or 2 pure money scenes (sometimes they are literally less than 3-seconds, like him eating the noodles while everyone was vomiting a few weeks ago) in every eipisode.

I still think my favorite is when he dyed his hair, with the Xerox ink, to look younger. Can't wait to get to that one on Netflix.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #156
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
My wife, who rarely watches the show, watched last night's episode with me, thanks to me begging since I was already a day behind..

So, we're watching it and when the Opera comes on and showed Creed sniffling I started laughing out loud; I threw a friendly shoulder at my wife and pointed at the screen and said, "Ooh, Creed..". She looks at me like I'm crazy.

She just doesn't get Creed, I guess.

It's definitely a situation in which you need to be familiar with the character. Once you are though, he is always money for his 1 or 2 scenes an episode.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #157
DanGarion
Coordinator

Check it out!
Subtle Sexuality - Girl Group Featuring The Beautiful and Mysterious Kelly Kapoor and The Pretty Erin Hannon - Watch Our Music Video, Buy Our Stuff, See Hot Pix & More
There's nothing subtle about Subtle Sexuality.
They're a girl group that features two divalicious divas:
the beautiful and mysterious
KELLY KAPOOR

and the pretty
ERIN HANNON.

These independent ladies can do it all: sing, dance, be fiercealicious, and work it…all at the same time!! Straight out of Scranton, PA their new single is inspired by Rihanna, Katy Perry, J.Hud, and all the Kardashians. Tear it open and you’ll never be able to put it back in the box, ’cause Subtle Sexuality is more than just a pop group: it’s a way of life.

Last edited by DanGarion : 10-29-2009 at 11:51 AM.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #158
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

holy....
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #159
JS19
College Prospect

"Oh you're paying way too much for worms, whose your worm guy?".... Creed strikes again.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:31 AM   #160
clemsonfan
High School JV

I really liked Michael's costume. That and the whole Andy Benard and Pam thing was pretty funny.
clemsonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #161
Swaggs
Coordinator

I liked Dwight's "The enemy of my friend..." scene.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:38 AM   #162
larrymcg421
Head Coach

"He lives on Sesame Street, dumbass!"

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #163
JS19
College Prospect

I know its already been established, but Creed is just phenomenal... "There's been a murder, and you're a suspect"... Creed peels out of the parking lot in his 1970's, Donnie Brasco esque (not sure I'm using that "esque" properly) Cadilliac.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #164
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah. Creed's laugh to screen time ratio is the highest of anyone on TV.. by far.

PS - overall, a really good episode. They've played the Michael is an idiot savant card before, but Jim actually learning this time was a good thing. And I loved the Mexican standoff with Pam at the end.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #165
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I thought Oscar struggling doing the Savannah accent was one of the funniest scenes I've ever witnessed.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #166
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
That's a bit harsh.

The mob episode last week...fell flat with me. Although there was a whole bunch of goodness in there apart from that story line...mostly all mentioned above.

Last night's episode with Michael telling Pam and Jim about dating her mother....That was really good stuff. Laugh out loud funny stuff.

I've only just caught up to the episode where Pam and Jim come back from their honeymoon. That was an all-time classic. I watched it twice in a row it was so good. We're talking Season 2 level of comedy there. Just pitch perfect.

On the whole, I think this season has been pretty strong. The best since Season 3 for sure. I've been really enjoying it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #167
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Gah, last night's episode is mega cringe-worthy.

Painful and not in the good way.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #168
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, I thought it was amazing. Do people really expected a little-bow-tie of happiness around everything? This was positively David Brentian, and hilarious and tragic. The Office isn't a comedy; its a dramedy.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #169
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Wow, I thought it was amazing. Do people really expected a little-bow-tie of happiness around everything? This was positively David Brentian, and hilarious and tragic. The Office isn't a comedy; its a dramedy.

No, but I expect it to be entertaining, like it was in earlier seasons. This season, with a few exceptions, has been a dud for me, I've wanted to turn almost every episode off halfway through and held on hoping something would grab me. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

/tk
Old 12-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #170
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Dola,
I recognize this is probably a personal flaw.

Most TV these days just isn't that interesting to me, the only shows on my DVR are The Office (which I haven't enjoyed this season as much as seasons 1-4), 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, and Scrubs (and I really think last season should've been the last, even if this season turns out great). Oh, and South Park which I also haven't cared for this season. I think I need to re-add Family Guy, though..

/tk
Old 12-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #171
JS19
College Prospect

C'mon now, Scotts Tots was pretty good.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #172
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

Man, I thought last night's was one of their best. I was dyin'.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #173
MikeVic
Head Coach

I couldn't finish watching last night's episode, did not enjoy it at all. The Dwight stuff was stupid (whatever happened to the established common sense people like Oscar?)... How did Jim not even guess that Dwight was behind it? Just stupid. I liked Pam's line involving doubling her sales, but that's it.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #174
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I liked the end with "My Diabolical Plan" by Dwight Schrute.
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 12-04-2009 at 10:07 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #175
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I think cringe-worthy humor can work at times, but this was overdone. I thought the concept was hilarious and parts of it were good, but it just went too long and too far. Didn't think the other stuff on the show was good with the exception of Michael describing how Kevin got the job in accounting.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #176
SunDevil
College Prospect

I loved the line from Michael, "Of all my hollow promises, this was the most generous."

GOLD.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:57 AM   #177
Swaggs
Coordinator

I kind of liked the Scott's Tots storyline, but thought that the Dwight-Jim storyline was awful.

Unfortunately, I think the Office has seen its best days. Kind of like a power hitter on his last legs -- you still have some monsterous homeruns (the wedding episode was fantastic and there have been a handful of very good episodes this season), but far too many big cuts w/o making contact and strikeouts.

We just had a baby and I have been spending a lot of time at home the past several weeks, so I have been watching all of the past seasons of the Office on Netflix streaming. During its best stretches, the best portions obviously came from Jim's rivalry with Dwight and the anticipation of the Jim-Pam relationship. But, even more so in my opinion, the best humor came from Michael dealing with corporate (dealing w/ Jan and later Ryan, struggling as the middle manager between corporate and his office, stress from the branch closing, etc.). All of those things, aside from an occasional Jim-Dwight conflict (and even those are hit or miss lately) are gone.

I'm not sure if they can get things back on track or not. I think they need to find Michael a new corporate foil to make his character work, though.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:46 AM   #178
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Hey Mr. Scott, whatchya gonna do? Whatchya gonna do? Make our dreams come true!
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #179
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I loved it.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #180
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Good episode.. had some good laughs as Toby was answering questions from, "The Banker".
Old 01-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #181
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Good episode.. had some good laughs as Toby was answering questions from, "The Banker".

disagree. thought it was a fairly standard "clip episode"
Old 01-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #182
kingfc22
Head Coach

Yea, this week's episode was just meh.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #183
Philliesfan980
Banned

I wonder if this episode is the standard "good-bye" episode without it being the actual final episode?

Maybe they know this is going to be it for The Office, but they didn't want the final episode to be a "look back" episode, much like Seinfeld and some others were.

With that said, can anyone here confirm or refute that this isn't the final season? I've seen references that this is the final season on various spots on the internet, but no official NBC references.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #184
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
disagree. thought it was a fairly standard "clip episode"

It was.. but it made me remember some of the great moments of the past episodes.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #185
Daimyo
College Starter

Didn't care much for this episode. I Iaughed at all the clips, but would have much preferred new material.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #186
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
It was.. but it made me remember some of the great moments of the past episodes.

Yeah I enjoyed the clips (I tivo old episodes on TBS and what not), but I thought it was a new show, especially since the Olympics mean we won't see it for a while.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #187
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Kathy Bates is doing a multi episode arc when The Office comes back. It's basically sounding a lot like last season.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #188
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post
I wonder if this episode is the standard "good-bye" episode without it being the actual final episode?

Maybe they know this is going to be it for The Office, but they didn't want the final episode to be a "look back" episode, much like Seinfeld and some others were.

With that said, can anyone here confirm or refute that this isn't the final season? I've seen references that this is the final season on various spots on the internet, but no official NBC references.

They all signed multi-year deals in 2009. And the Office is one of the few franchises NBC has right now that is working. There's no chance that this show is going anywhere.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #189
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
They all signed multi-year deals in 2009. And the Office is one of the few franchises NBC has right now that is working. There's no chance that this show is going anywhere.

Excatly. It is just one of your run-of-the-mill clip shows coming off a holiday. They aren't going to get into anything to big before taking a break at the olympics.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #190
Swaggs
Coordinator

Outside of the wedding episode (which I thought was close to perfect), I think this year has been pretty disappointing.

Not sure how much life the Office has -- it seems like most of the major characters have dipped their toes into movies with limited success (John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, and Rainn Wilson have all had modest success, but haven't turned into stars), with the exception of Steve Carrell, who was already pretty well-known but seems to love doing the Office. I'm guessing most of the cast would be willing to stick around for several more seasons, as they all seem to enjoy it.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #191
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The biggest gripe I have with the Office nowadays is how big the chasm has gotten between the main characters and the bit characters. I refuse to believe you can't base more of an episode around Creed, Kevin, Stanley, etc.

They just pin themselves in corners by focusing on the same characters in an Office setting when they have shown other interesting characters are just sitting at their fingertips.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #192
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I hope there are many more seasons.. it's not fully of greatness each epiosde like earlier years.. but it's still my favorite local TV show.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #193
Philliesfan980
Banned

Right I agree with all of you guys. It's the only sitcom that I watch these days.

It wouldn't be so much NBC's decision, I'm sure they'd love to do the show for as long as it's getting these great ratings. It would be more of the main characters decisions, but as Swaggs said, outside of Carrell, none of the other characters have really hit it big in the movies yet.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #194
Johnny93g
College Starter

I think the show should have lasted about 12 episodes, with a...I don't know, 90 minute Christmas movie to tie everything up. That would be ideal....
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #195
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I have a big box, yes I do, I have a big box, how about you?
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #196
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

I loved it. I loved seeing David Wallace as someone else, someone telling Pam and Jim they aren't charming (the show's ability to point at itself is great), and just generally everyone.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #197
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Felt it a little redundant (first Ryan tries to change things and Michael rebels, then Stringer Bell comes up and Michael rebels, now this) but I felt the resolution moved Michael past his childish reaction.

David Wallace was great, though.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #198
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

David Wallace drinking Yuengling Lager beer and Michael drinking Yuengling Black & Tan was a nice Scranton touch since it is brewed in nearby Pottsville PA!
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #199
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
David Wallace drinking Yuengling Lager beer and Michael drinking Yuengling Black & Tan was a nice Scranton touch since it is brewed in nearby Pottsville PA!

yeah, I picked up on that too, although if I never drank another Yuengling again, I'd be ok with it. The standard mix for the summer picnics around here is Yuengling and Miller Lite.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #200
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
I loved it. I loved seeing David Wallace as someone else, someone telling Pam and Jim they aren't charming (the show's ability to point at itself is great), and just generally everyone.

Love the Pam and Jim bit.

Michael in the hot tub with his t-shirt on was funny.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote