Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #151
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Do you get international players with the created files? I'm guessing all players imported will all be from the college game (no additional players are added)?

I don't know if they add players when you import, but I would guess not.

As far as the game created draft class, yes it has international players. I haven't scouted him yet, but the 6th best player on my scouting board is a 6'4 210 pound PG from Mexico. The 15th best player is a 6'4 195 pound PG from Argentina. About 20% of the players on my board are from international countries including Slovenia, Mexico, and Turkey as well as the 2 players I mentioned.

Edit to add: Unlike last year in College Hoops, the international players seem to have country apporpriate names as well. The player from Slovenia is named Dario Bilic for example, while one of the guys from Mexico is Alejandro Diaz.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-07-2007 at 12:59 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:30 AM   #152
Anthony
Banned

this game is awesome. started out 0-4, then i made some big trades (brought in Odom, Payton, Grant Hill, Kwame Brown among others) and won 2 games in a row. we beat the Suns by 5, in what was a very close game and the most fun i've had playing a sports game against the AI in a long, long time.

i'm slightly more interested in my Knicks dynasty than i am playing multiplayer, which was the exact opposite of Madden. i highly recommend this game.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:13 AM   #153
Terps
College Prospect

Finally got the game in the mail today, just got done playing my first game and got my ass handed to me by the Knicks on pro level. 108-90. I pulled to within 10 after I went on a 12-3 run, but couldn't hit anything the last 2 minutes of the game.

Came up 2 assists shy of a triple double with Arenas, 32 points, 11 boards, 8 assists.

I like the on court diagrams for the plays, when they work that is. It seems very touchy to where you have to stand and I usually only get to the second step and then can't get it to keep going.

Presentation is good, crowd gets loud when they should, probably going to turn off the announcers though. I also like the post game wrap up.

Plays very well, I just need some practice, since I skipped NBA and College Hoops last year. I'll probably head over to OS to find some updated rosters to download, and get my Wizards association going.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:20 AM   #154
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
this game is awesome. started out 0-4, then i made some big trades (brought in Odom, Payton, Grant Hill, Kwame Brown among others) and won 2 games in a row. we beat the Suns by 5, in what was a very close game and the most fun i've had playing a sports game against the AI in a long, long time.

i'm slightly more interested in my Knicks dynasty than i am playing multiplayer, which was the exact opposite of Madden. i highly recommend this game.

Agreed the game is awesome. I'm curious, who did you give the Lakers to get Odom and Kwame? When making your trades did it seem the AI teams got fair value in the deals?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #155
TroyF
Coordinator

For those struggling with the controls, there are a slew of tips/hints/videos popping up. Operation sports has a video turorial and there is a solid online one at this link:

hxxp://www.sportsgamer.com/content/1180/nba-2k8-breaking-down-your-defender/
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

For those that hate sliders (yes Todd, I'm thinking of you - too bad you don't like any NBA games), this game is a dream. Even dropping down to Pro, I'm finding only very slight slider tweaks are needed to get very realistic results. I've knocked all shooting sliders down one slot to 49 and I've knocked steals up to 70 for both sides. Last year, there were too many steals and I think the development team overcompensated this year. I've also knocked down the clutch and dunk in traffic to 25. With those few tweaks, I've just finished two of the best games I've ever played in a console sports game. Portland's defense was poor in the first game as Oden was out injured for a few weeks, and I had a 100-85 game. Now, I just finished playing the Pistons and it was a defensive slugfest (the Sixers are rated pretty good for defense) as both teams struggled to crack 70.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-07-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:22 PM   #157
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
For those that hate sliders (yes Todd, I'm thinking of you - too bad you don't like any NBA games), this game is a dream. Even dropping down to Pro, I'm finding only very slight slider tweaks are needed to get very realistic results. I've knocked all shooting sliders down one slot to 49 and I've knocked steals up to 70 for both sides. Last year, there were too many steals and I think the development team overcompensated this year. I've also knocked down the clutch and dunk in traffic to 25. With those few tweaks, I've just finished two of the best games I've ever played in a console sports game. Portland's defense was poor in the first game as Oden was out injured for a few weeks, and I had a 100-85 game. Now, I just finished playing the Pistons and it was a defensive slugfest (the Sixers are rated pretty good for defense) as both teams struggled to crack 70.

Agreed, like last year a good set of sliders really puts polish on this game.

I used Bizcanos' All-Star sliders last year (they played a great game) and he just posted some for 2k8 yesterday here..
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=223786

There new so maybe he'll tweak them some more but I just played my first game with them and the game felt very good. Lakers (me) at San Antonio, lost the game 120-103 with 12 minute qtrs. Duncan despite foul trouble and only playing about 24 minutes had 19pts and 9 boards, Parker cut me up with 15 assists, and Ginobilli (sp) shot the ball real well making up for Duncan not being on the floor.

SA FG% was on the high end of acceptable at 54% but Parker and Ginobilli were able to drive and of course Duncan was a force down low when in the game. I think once I'm used to the touchiness\feel of the controller I'll be able to tighten up the defense in the lane a little more and make opponents take a few more jumpshots. The only other number that stuck out in the game to me was I was only called for 16 fouls (a bit low but it does happen IRL), other numbers looked very realistic ala FGA, steals, TO, rebounds, etc.
Only a one game sample though so I'm anxious to get in a few more games to see how they hold up.

Sure it would be nice to have games play great out of the box and this one does do a pretty good job of it. But if you find a guy that makes a good set of sliders year after year for your game of choice it takes little effort to get your game tuned to a very good real life simulation.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #158
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I just got a 360 and picked up this game yesterday and boy, I suck. I lost my first association game with the Bulls by about 40 to New Jersey. I'm hoping it's due to my not playing this series for a couple years now. I'm pretty clueless on offense.

Having a lot of fun though.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:33 AM   #159
Terps
College Prospect

I suck also. I played at the Celts, and thought I was going to do well since I hung around with them for 3 and a half quarters. Nope, I was wrong. At the half, they were up 10, and I kept cutting their lead, finally going up 65-64 at one point. They went on a little run and I got back to within 2, 72-70. Then, they went on a 27-7 run to end the game, winning 99-77.

Still having a blast (losing) though. Also, still having a hard time running plays with the play diagrams, and I always get outshot in total FG attempts. I think I was in the 70's for that Celtics game and they had around 90.

I'm horrible with backing anyone down and scoring in the post, and I know Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood aren't great players by any means, but I should be able to do SOMETHING with them.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:38 AM   #160
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terps View Post
I know Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood aren't great players by any means, but I should be able to do SOMETHING with them.

I respectfully disagree.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #161
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Agreed the game is awesome. I'm curious, who did you give the Lakers to get Odom and Kwame? When making your trades did it seem the AI teams got fair value in the deals?

i believe i gave up Stephon Marbury, David Lee, Quentin Richardson and 2nd round pick for Odom, Kwame Brown and Vladimir Radmanovic. it valued David Lee a ton and didn't seem to value Kwame Brown all that much. i don't value Kwame Brown all that much, he's only rated 68 overall i believe and when i use him he's useless, missing a ton of easy shots around the basket. i use him for 6 fouls and just to have an extra tall body to put on the floor. Odom is awesome in this game, i really like how when i played my 1st game with him the AI had him be the primary ballcarrier. you might want to consider picking up Nate Richardson. he's friggin small, but his ratings are great especially if you start him. right now he's rated 78+3, getting a bonus for being named a starter.

the AI makes me WORK for the trades. you also have to be mindful if the finiancial aspect of the trade will work, cuz i came across a lot of trades the AI was willing to do but the contracts were too unbalanced.

Last edited by Anthony : 10-08-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #162
Galaxy
Coordinator

Can you get draft picks via trades? Or is near impossible? And how far ahead can you trade picks?

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-08-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #163
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Can you get draft picks via trades? Or is near impossible?

i haven't tried to aquire anyone's 1st round picks or any other picks, so i don't know. i threw in my 2nd rounder in one trade to sweeten the pot. since you have to worry about contracts and any one team can't give away/take on big contracts it kinda makes it hard to aquire a 1st round pick cuz they don't have any financial value. the Knicks starting out don't really have anyone another team would give up a 1st round for. maybe now that i have Odom, but he's awesome in the game so i'm not planning on moving him anytime soon.

you can only trade current and next year's picks.

Last edited by Anthony : 10-08-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #164
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

RAAAWR WHERE THE HELL IS MY 360
Old 10-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #165
MikeVic
Head Coach

I played this at a friend's house yesterday... The slam dunk mode is super fun as all get out. Seeing Vince Carter try to jump over a car, clip his knees and come crashing down... then holding his leg as he goes to the side... it was so funny. Or Andrei Kiralenko busting his head on the backboard. Funny I tell you.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:42 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can you get draft picks via trades? Or is near impossible? And how far ahead can you trade picks?

Yes, you can trade up to 2 years worth of draft picks. I don't know how difficult it is because I haven't tried too many trades yet. I worked hard to try to get Daniel Gibson from the Cavs after they put him on the block, but I couldn't get them to do it for anything cheap and I wasn't willing to add a 1st rounder as I think it will be a lottery pick, although that would have gotten me Gibson.

Also, the game has 3 team trades which I think might be new.. I haven't tried any of those yet either.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-08-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:50 PM   #167
Galaxy
Coordinator

I can't wait to pick up a 360.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #168
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Game 2 I showed a little bit of improvement on the road against the Bucks. Michael Redd just lit me up for 20+ points with his quick release and I lost by about 15 or so. I still don't know how to play offense, I am going to have to sit down and print out basic instructions from somewhere so I can have an idea what I am supposed to be doing on set plays. As of now, I hope to get lucky on a fastbreak or just end up settling for jump shots, not very pretty basketball.

Next up on the schedule, the Detroit Pistons. *Gulp*
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 10-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #169
Ironhead
College Prospect

Haven't followed basketball in many years and I never really grasped the strategy beyond go from one end of the court to the other and try to score. Sounds like this will be hard to pass on eventually.

Last edited by Ironhead : 10-08-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:27 PM   #170
Galaxy
Coordinator

Do you see the computer employ different strageties and take have a "plan" in building its team? Does the computer change gears throughout the game
Old 10-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #171
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you see the computer employ different strageties and take have a "plan" in building its team? Does the computer change gears throughout the game

I'm not sure about the strategies that the computer undertakes throughout a season yet. However, there are owners with different priorities. Mine just wants me to improve the talent level on the team. Others seem to want the team to win right now.

As far as throughout the game, I definitely see the AI adapting. If Iguodala is hot, they start double teaming him. If he finds open men and they nail their shots, they'll back off the double team. If they are falling behind, they'll use timeouts to disrupt our tempo and momentum. They'll change it up and press more, etc. I had one game where Iguodala was blowing by his man, double teaming wasn't working as he was finding open men who were hitting their shots, and they switched to a zone defense. Similarly, I've seen them mix it up offensively to get stars going. I think teams and players play more like themselves than any previous version. Arenas was insane with some of the shots he took when I played him and he was jacking it up more than any other star despite being cold. Eventually, he got hot and it was almost impossible to stop him. His range in the game where he has 3 bars or more is impressive.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #172
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Game 2 I showed a little bit of improvement on the road against the Bucks. Michael Redd just lit me up for 20+ points with his quick release and I lost by about 15 or so. I still don't know how to play offense, I am going to have to sit down and print out basic instructions from somewhere so I can have an idea what I am supposed to be doing on set plays. As of now, I hope to get lucky on a fastbreak or just end up settling for jump shots, not very pretty basketball.

Next up on the schedule, the Detroit Pistons. *Gulp*

There are a lot of tips at operationsports.

I'll give some of mine:

1) Pass, pass, pass.
2) Look for mismatches. I play as the Nuggets a lot and if Carmelo or Nene are picked up by a G, I get the ball to them for a back down post move instantly. If AI is picked up by the center, I call the quick play isolation clear out and break him down.
3) The set plays are terrific, but don't forget those quick plays. Calling for a pick, using the pick and roll, the isolation or the quick post up are all very effective when used at the right time. The beauty of the game is that it will adjust to what you do and you can catch the AI in mistakes because of it. EX: Last game I was against the TWolves. Nene was owning any PF they had and I was running the pick and roll on them like crazy. they adjusted on one play and an AI defender went over to help on the P&R. I was able to throw a cross court pass to JR Smith who had a wide open three pointer from the corner.
4) Just like real life, don't force a shot early in the shot clock. You can always take the fade away 20 footer with the PG. Keep poking and prodding the defense and see if you can find a weakness.
5) The Pistons or the Spurs? Good luck. Just like in real life, those teams are like freakin amoebas. You think you are open and then you have three guys on you. Be patient, run lots of screens and iso's and always look for the open man when they rotate. Also try a couple of exotic lineups against them for short stretches. See if you can get a powerful SF or quick PG on Rip. Other than that? Prepare for a long night and for your stars to shoot 40%. Short of playing on rookie, there isn't much you are going to be able to do about it.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #173
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll add one thing to Troy's list of tips:

Pay attention to the bars. They really let you know where a guy prefers to shoot from. For example, Thaddeus Young prefers the left corner behind the arc the most, and the left side of the court in general it seems. He can shoot ok on the right side, but if I can get him the ball in his preferred zones, he is a more dangerous shooter.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #174
Anthony
Banned

i didn't even know what those bars were for.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #175
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i didn't even know what those bars were for.

They also change color to shades of blue if he is cold or ice cold and orange if he is hot.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:01 PM   #176
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I didn't know about the bars either, that helps out a lot.

Appreciate the tips fellas, hopefully I can keep it someone respectable tonight when I get back to my game.

Unfortunatly my owner is a "tyrant" so he isn't going to be satisfied with my losing by double digits every game. Luckily I am undefeated in the games I have simmed (simming every other game.)

Looking forward to trying out suggestions tonight, great game.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #177
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

As of this past Saturday, Microsoft submitted billing information for the return of my Xbox 360 (or a refurb or whatever). I assume that I'll have the machine by Friday. as soon as it shows up, I'm going to run out and buy this game. Yaaaay!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #178
SunDevil
College Prospect

I swear to God. This thread and this game are pulling me ever close to buying a 360. I have not picked up a new generation console yet, and was not planning on getting one for a while, but you guys are doing a great job selling this game. I think that I will have the strength to resist, but none the less you guys are doing a great job discussing this game.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #179
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
I swear to God. This thread and this game are pulling me ever close to buying a 360. I have not picked up a new generation console yet, and was not planning on getting one for a while, but you guys are doing a great job selling this game. I think that I will have the strength to resist, but none the less you guys are doing a great job discussing this game.

+1
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:00 PM   #180
TroyF
Coordinator

If you guys had told me that a basketball game could be a system seller before the NBA2K series, I'd have laughed at you. I'm probably one of the biggest basketball fans there is (despite the horrific reffing in the NBA) Still, I'd have laughed at you. A football game? Maybe. Baseball? Possible. Basketball? Ummmm. . . not a chance in hell. For what, DoubleDribble or NBA Live?

EF27 and I have been fans from the very start. (I know others have as well, but EF27 and I have been babbling non stop about this (or the college version) for a long time.

Simply put: IMHO, this is the best console sports sim ever made and easily ranks in my top 5 games of all time for any genre. (so you have an idea what that means for me, the rest of my top 5 looks like this: Football Manager, Front Office Football, Bioshock, the GTA series)

Never have I spent more time with a console sports game.

That wasn't a sales job, it was just a fact.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #181
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

I'm loving this game too, but two things are annoying me.

Like in previous years if a player fouls out or is injured the cpu immediately puts in a sub (yes I have subs set to manual). And to top it off it not only subs for the player that fouled out or was injured but adjusts your whole lineup. The other night I had Odom at PF and he turned an ankle while being fouled on a shot driving the lane. Radmanavich was on the bench and fresh, does the cpu put him in the game? No, the cpu goes with Chris Mihm at PF, wtf? Why can't this be programmed to go to the sub screen so you can select who you want if your subs are set to manual?

Coach settings (and maybe I'm missing this somewhere), I have to go in at the start of every game and set subs and timeouts to manual. Why isn't that saved with all of my other settings?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:34 PM   #182
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm loving this game too, but two things are annoying me.

Like in previous years if a player fouls out or is injured the cpu immediately puts in a sub (yes I have subs set to manual). And to top it off it not only subs for the player that fouled out or was injured but adjusts your whole lineup. The other night I had Odom at PF and he turned an ankle while being fouled on a shot driving the lane. Radmanavich was on the bench and fresh, does the cpu put him in the game? No, the cpu goes with Chris Mihm at PF, wtf? Why can't this be programmed to go to the sub screen so you can select who you want if your subs are set to manual?

Coach settings (and maybe I'm missing this somewhere), I have to go in at the start of every game and set subs and timeouts to manual. Why isn't that saved with all of my other settings?

I agree. Both of these things annoy me. I also agree with Troy. Even though I haven't spent a lot of time with the game yet, I feel confident declaring it the best sports console game I've ever played, and I feel confident that 2ksports will patch the bugs that are present.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #183
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

The Xbox 360 will be back in my house on Thursday. I'll be picking the game up on the way home from work. Fabulous!
Old 10-08-2007, 08:34 PM   #184
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Hmmm, on the original XBox for CH2K7, these settings are saved. Thought they would've rolled that into the NBA lines as well.

And I agree, I hate when they do that, especially when a player fouls out in the last minute of a game. I usually want to sub with a 3pt shooter, not my big man who hasn't hit a shot since last season.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #185
Galaxy
Coordinator

This game sounds like it almost as good as sex.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #186
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Damn! I started my Association with the Bobcats, and was at .500 with some tough/quality wins, and thought I had another one in the books when we played the Heat. Down by 10 going in to the 4th quarter, Gerald Wallace gets hot and scores 9 straight for us, while Wallace also holds Wade to an 0-3 stretch. Back and forth for the final 3-4 minutes, then we take a 3 point lead on an and-1 dunk by Okafor with 48 seconds to go. Heat come back down go inside to Shaq who kicks it to Jason Williams for the tre. We come back down, look for Wallace but he can't get a good look, so it goes back in to Okafor who gets swatted by Shaq. 20 seconds to go the Heat call timeout, JWill comes down the court, goes in to Shaq who kicks it back out to Wade who proceeds to break Jason Richardson's ankles get wide-open and nail a 15 footer with .1 seconds left. Man I love this game!

Last edited by Sublime 2 : 10-08-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #187
Anthony
Banned

i think i have to bump this up to 9 minute quarters (currently playing 8 min). not enough scoring, a good scoring nite for me is high 70's. just not enough time to score a lot of points.

Lamar Odom and Nate Robinson are unbelievable in this game.

on another note, one glaring head scratcher was one simmed game between the Knicks and the 76ers, final score of 49-40 (76ers won). i'll look past that one, otherwise its been a phenominal game and my favorite sports game of all time, which is saying a lot.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:33 PM   #188
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
i think i have to bump this up to 9 minute quarters (currently playing 8 min). not enough scoring, a good scoring nite for me is high 70's. just not enough time to score a lot of points.

Lamar Odom and Nate Robinson are unbelievable in this game.

on another note, one glaring head scratcher was one simmed game between the Knicks and the 76ers, final score of 49-40 (76ers won). i'll look past that one, otherwise its been a phenominal game and my favorite sports game of all time, which is saying a lot.

What were the shooting percentages for both teams?

BTW, here are some screen shoots for the college game:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...k8/images.html

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-09-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #189
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
BTW, here are some screen shoots for the college game:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...k8/images.html

*drools* I cannot wait for this.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #190
rjolley
College Starter

Anyone have the post moves for the original Xbox, either NBA or College Hoops? I've just found out about the drop step (hitting Y) and it's been very useful. I've got the hook and fadeaway, but it's nice to have some other moves to use. Also, is anyone able to explode out of the triple threat jab step? Couldn't get that working last night.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:43 AM   #191
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

**FINALLY!**

Took me to my seventh game but finally I feel what it's like on the winning end of a blowout. With each passing game I was improving more on offense and the losing deficit was decreasing so I knew things were improving.

Then the Hawks came into town, and their complete inability to play any sort of defense was welcome in Chicago. Hinrich went 4 of 5 from 3pt land in the first half and had 20 pts in the half alone. Then with the towers down low (Thomas, Wallace, Noah) swatting away any weak drives, our defense held Atlanta down. I was up 30 at some point in the 4th quarter before Atlanta made a few meaningless layups in the end to make the final score 101-81. Hinrich had 22 pts, 7 reb, 5 ast. Gordon had a hot 4th quarter and ended up with 18 points and Deng finished with 17.

I'm so relieved to finally have gotten my first win out of the way.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:05 AM   #192
mrsimperless
College Prospect

So is the college version usually just as good? I can't see myself buying a system mainly for an NBA game, but for an NCAA hoops game? Possibly...

Plus GHIII is coming out soon and my PS died on me, so I need to do something. I'm guessing 360 is the way to go?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 AM   #193
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

This game will force me to break down and buy a 360....Thanks guys.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:04 AM   #194
Terps
College Prospect

Finally picked up my first win, 101-91 over Indiana. I was up by as many as 20 at one point, and they even crawled back to within 4 before I put them away.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:35 AM   #195
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless View Post
So is the college version usually just as good? I can't see myself buying a system mainly for an NBA game, but for an NCAA hoops game? Possibly...

Last year I thought College Hoops was better, a few people that have had the chance to play a preview of this year's game are saying its better again. They seem to add all the NBA stuff and fine tune it.

I just hope they don't change the control scheme, I'm to clumsy to use the stick for my crossovers and what not.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:22 AM   #196
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless View Post

Plus GHIII is coming out soon and my PS died on me, so I need to do something. I'm guessing 360 is the way to go?

In previous years, I believe the College game has been even better than the NBA game. Usually it has all of the new features of the NBA version along with one or two additional features/tweaks. Of course, it plays more like the college game. All of the previews indicate this year won't be an exception, and the game does recruiting very well.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-10-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:39 AM   #197
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I'll say one thing, hearing the College game is even more of an improvement from the NBA game is hard to believe. With the College game's smaller schedule, it'd be more of an ideal fit for me. I just don't have any time!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:20 AM   #198
Terps
College Prospect

Started up an association with the Wiz, 2-1 so far. A blowout (30 some points) over Indiana, a loss to the Celts, and a 103-98 win over the Magic (I was up at 22 at one point.) I'm sure I'll start over once rosters are set and a new roster comes out, though.

Also bumped up to All-Star level for now. Got some good sliders from OS. I think in my last game I shot 44% and they shot 40%. I still get murdered on offensive boards though. I think the Magic had 18 to my 5.

Edit - I had Arenas get injured in the Celtics game with shin splints, but he was still able to play. His rating dropped down to a 75, and I still put up 34 with 10 assists against the Magic.

Last edited by Terps : 10-11-2007 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:02 AM   #199
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I bought the game last night, played a little of the dunk contest (I loved trying to dunk over a car and misjudging the leap). Then I played against Hell Atlantic, and he beat me by a point. I like the game a lot, but I want to tweak the camera angle and some of the sliders before I try playing again. The dunk contest was so much fun that I just kept doing that.

It seems like a really fun game, as expected. I'll try to play a bit more this weekend, but I have a lot of playing to catch up on after having been out of commission for the past month or so.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:46 AM   #200
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I bought the game last night, played a little of the dunk contest (I loved trying to dunk over a car and misjudging the leap). Then I played against Hell Atlantic, and he beat me by a point. I like the game a lot, but I want to tweak the camera angle and some of the sliders before I try playing again. The dunk contest was so much fun that I just kept doing that.

It seems like a really fun game, as expected. I'll try to play a bit more this weekend, but I have a lot of playing to catch up on after having been out of commission for the past month or so.

I recommend the classic 2k view. It's not quite as pretty as some of the other views, but it is the most playable for me by a significant margin. That is another great thing about the game for those that don't know - there are dozens of camera views to choose from to play.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-11-2007 at 08:47 AM.