Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2004, 01:28 AM   #151
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I don't know if you can do an initial draft, but you can start with real player or game generated players.

Question....What is the easiest way that anyone has found to view NHL free agents?
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:29 AM   #152
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Anyone else seeing a high number of shots? I'm using normal shooting, and I'm routinely seeing each team in my games averaging over 40 shots a game.

Shots? Or Shots On Goal? What our media (Sportscenter, etc.) typically do is just report on the Shots On Goal, and not all of the shots taken. Keep in mind that Shots On Goal in the game is what we associate with "Shots".

And bbor, no, there's really only one option and that's to jump into the game ala CM. The whole world is essentially create and you pick a team and go with it. No starting with a Complete Draft or anything like that.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:34 AM   #153
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Part of me wishes SI had just concentrated on making the best NHL sim they could, instead of trying to do an entire internaitonal hockey world. I realize that's me being a self-centered North American jerk, but such is life.

I just have to wonder what some guy from Detroit who buys the game at EB will think when he gets it home, fires it up, and the first "news" he sees is that clubs in Switzerland are offering his prospects contracts.

Again, that's just me. Maybe for everyone who thinks like me, there's ten people who wouldn't think of touching the game if it didn't have a full international flavor. In any event, SI made their decision and we'll see how it turns out.

On a semi-related note, what settings are people using at the beginning of a game as far as international leagues? Assuming you're playing the NHL, do you check the other countries? Standard or enhanced? The manual doesn't go into much detail and I don't want to be a.) missing out, or b.) unnecessarily slowing things down.
I'm sure you're not alone but -

* More variety makes for a more realistic game universe (ie. these leagues exist irl and should in a realistic simulation)
* Gives more variety to gameplay and better value for money (ie. when you've mastered the NHL you still have a lot of other leagues to look into)

Finally bear in mind that on a boringly commercial level we're fairly likely to sell more copies of NHL EHM in Europe than in America and for this reason having 'local' European leagues in the game is very important, this is simply down to the fact that SI are fairly well known for our soccer sims in Europe whereas most Americans haven't played a 'text sim' ..... hopefully I'll be proved wrong on this
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:38 AM   #154
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That is a good point, but with my relatively small sample, I'm getting an average of 30 shots on goal a game, which also seems high. Are other people seeing a high number of shots on goal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Shots? Or Shots On Goal? What our media (Sportscenter, etc.) typically do is just report on the Shots On Goal, and not all of the shots taken. Keep in mind that Shots On Goal in the game is what we associate with "Shots".

And bbor, no, there's really only one option and that's to jump into the game ala CM. The whole world is essentially create and you pick a team and go with it. No starting with a Complete Draft or anything like that.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:50 AM   #155
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
That is a good point, but with my relatively small sample, I'm getting an average of 30 shots on goal a game, which also seems high. Are other people seeing a high number of shots on goal?

That's a distinction I hadn't thought of because when I think of "shots" in hockey, it's only "shots on goal". The ones that go wide or blocked aren't counted.

So, once again, are "shots" in game summaries referring to all shots, or just "real" shots? Here's the NA/European confusion again...
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:51 AM   #156
sabotai
General Manager

A quick look at the NHL stats, and I see a couple of tema last year that averaged 30.x shots per goal (but they were the highest). Tampa Bay, Detroit and Boston. The lowest team was Washington with 23.7, but most teams averaged 27 or more shots on goal per game, with 30.5 being the most.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:49 AM   #157
Blackadar
Retired

After playing a bit more, I have some concerns about the trade AI in this game.

I managed to trade Martin LaPointe (BOS) for Reed Low (STL) straight up.
LaPointe is one of the most overpaid players in the league with a contract of $5.5 million dollars that runs for 2 more years. In 34 games he had 8 points and a -8 +/- ratio. He should have been untradable.

But instead, I got Low, who's younger and has a contract for $800k straight up for LaPointe. In 23 games, he has 8 points and a +/- ratio of +5.

I really have a hard time seeing that deal go through in the real NHL, but I could be wrong.

I've also made a couple of other deals for the rights to good foreign players that cost me very little. I managed to get Joel Lundqvist for a song and he's coming over next year. I traded a couple of so-so "rights" players and a 4th round draft choice to get him. Lundqvist has 35 points in 32 games for Frolunda and is only 21 years old. Again, major steal...too much so, in my book.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 07:56 AM   #158
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
After playing a bit more, I have some concerns about the trade AI in this game.

I managed to trade Martin LaPointe (BOS) for Reed Low (STL) straight up.
LaPointe is one of the most overpaid players in the league with a contract of $5.5 million dollars that runs for 2 more years. In 34 games he had 8 points and a -8 +/- ratio. He should have been untradable.

But instead, I got Low, who's younger and has a contract for $800k straight up for LaPointe. In 23 games, he has 8 points and a +/- ratio of +5.

I really have a hard time seeing that deal go through in the real NHL, but I could be wrong.

I've also made a couple of other deals for the rights to good foreign players that cost me very little. I managed to get Joel Lundqvist for a song and he's coming over next year. I traded a couple of so-so "rights" players and a 4th round draft choice to get him. Lundqvist has 35 points in 32 games for Frolunda and is only 21 years old. Again, major steal...too much so, in my book.

Lapointe is overpaid. This is true. Despite Reed Low's unnatural scoring burst of 8 points in 23 games, Low is basically a one dimensional goon. Lapointe is more than that. I have no idea how he is rated in the game, but despite his low offensive output, he's tough, he hits, and he's a huge character guy. In some ways, I would find the AI more suspect if they had traded Lapointe for Low, unless they were simply looking to dump salary.

As for Lundqvist, maybe the organization that traded him doesn't think he has any NHL potential. 35 points in 32 games for Frolunda does not guarantee NHL success. Remember there are all sorts of things that add up in determining whether or not a prospect will make it.

Then again, this is all coming from someone yet to play the game.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 08:10 AM   #159
Blackadar
Retired

Counter:

LaPointe is massively overpaid - one of the joke contracts in the NHL. He's virtually untradable. To be able to dish him off for Low (who has some skill and brings toughness) straight-up is a pretty fortunate deal for the Bruins. I can't see any real NHL team making this deal and saddling themselves with LaPointes' contract.

As for Lundqvist, there are reports flying out of the Frolunda league about he's becoming a superstar and one of the games' best players. That's how I found out about him and his ratings are easily NHL-worthy. It's one thing if he didn't have great ratings. But given the news reports (he's now on the national team, etc.), it seems like of absurd to give him up for 2 warm bodies and a 4th round draft choice.

Neither deal is as bad as, say, Barry Bonds for Chan Ho Park, but both of those deals are pretty lopsided.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:28 AM   #160
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
My team traded Frolov and Cammalleri (Frolov is a top prospect) and ap ick for Alex Kovalev...at the trade deadline. Pretty cool if you ask me (even though I wouldnt have made the trade, the trade makes sense).
Good to hear. In the demo, a team like Montreal who was out of contention would still consider all their top players to be "untouchable" and would refuse to listen to offers. I think in my (beta) demo season, the trade deadline came and went with only two trades league-wide. Glad to hear that they may have tweaked this.

What about the "team needs" feature, are last-place teams now showing anything other than "they want veterans who can help now"?
Old 07-05-2004, 08:41 AM   #161
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I love Marty Lapointe. Do I love him enough to pay him $5.5 million a year? No. He has had some bad health problems. Even when healthy he's a 20 goal scorer at best. He has a ton of character and leadership. He's 10x's the player Low is. If whatever team had the money to get LaPointe and really, really wanted an upgrade at right wing, it's a good trade. I was sad to see Lapointe leave the Wings. His goal against Patrick Roy in Game 6 of the 1997 Western Conference finals is one of the ages. The shot literally tore apart Roy's catching glove. Low has played in 250 NHL games, has 3 goals, 16 assists, and 694 pims. LaPointe's salary is an albatross around the neck of any team, but I dont' see the trade as all that lopsided. Hell, if I was the GM in the game and the Bruins were offering me Lapointe for Reed Low, I just might take it. Assuming I had a butt load of cash and not much to spend it on.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:12 AM   #162
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Low is a slug...if the Blues could shrug him off for Lapointe, I'd jump for joy.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:16 AM   #163
Simms
FOBL Commish

I haven't played far enough to verify this myself, but a friend of mine just mentioned to me that in the playoffs, the wrong teams are getting home-ice advantage.

eg. He's playing as the Senators and finished 1st in the East. Against the Devils in the Conference finals, New Jersey had home-ice. In the west, Dallas won the President's Trophy, but Colorado has home-ice advantage in their series.

Can anyone else confirm this?
Old 07-05-2004, 10:19 AM   #164
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms
I haven't played far enough to verify this myself, but a friend of mine just mentioned to me that in the playoffs, the wrong teams are getting home-ice advantage.

eg. He's playing as the Senators and finished 1st in the East. Against the Devils in the Conference finals, New Jersey had home-ice. In the west, Dallas won the President's Trophy, but Colorado has home-ice advantage in their series.

that's a feature added to frustrate those playing in canada

enjoy!
Old 07-05-2004, 10:22 AM   #165
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms

I saw similar complaints over on the SI boards. Sounds like something that could/should be fixed easily with a patch.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:27 AM   #166
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
LaPointe is massively overpaid - one of the joke contracts in the NHL. He's virtually untradable. To be able to dish him off for Low (who has some skill and brings toughness) straight-up is a pretty fortunate deal for the Bruins. I can't see any real NHL team making this deal and saddling themselves with LaPointes' contract.

you must not have followed any of the trades that the Rangers made last year. they moved their overpaid players like Kovalev, Anson Carter, Nedved, etc, and didn't wind up with any franchise prospect, rather they got some guys who *could* develop into something, but mostly they aquired draft picks. even a franchise defensemen like Brian Leetch didn't bring back anyone to write home about.

Glen Sather, Rangers GM, traded away guys who were on the All-Star team at one point or another and got back some players who most likley won't develop into the guys they were traded for.

i'd be concerned if the Blues took LaPointe and weren't in the playoff hunt (were they, cuz some teams get desperate the closer they are to reaching the playoffs). but if you ask me, if i were the Blues I'd do the trade. LaPointe might be overpaid but i suspect the kid you got for him won't ever amount to much.

if every trade made "sense", it'd be no fun. sometimes some teams get raped, other times it's not so obvious who made out in a deal. if all that ever happened was only players of equal talent were traded for each other that would take a lot of the challenge out of it.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:43 AM   #167
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
you must not have followed any of the trades that the Rangers made last year. they moved their overpaid players like Kovalev, Anson Carter, Nedved, etc, and didn't wind up with any franchise prospect, rather they got some guys who *could* develop into something, but mostly they aquired draft picks. even a franchise defensemen like Brian Leetch didn't bring back anyone to write home about.

Glen Sather, Rangers GM, traded away guys who were on the All-Star team at one point or another and got back some players who most likley won't develop into the guys they were traded for.

i'd be concerned if the Blues took LaPointe and weren't in the playoff hunt (were they, cuz some teams get desperate the closer they are to reaching the playoffs). but if you ask me, if i were the Blues I'd do the trade. LaPointe might be overpaid but i suspect the kid you got for him won't ever amount to much.

if every trade made "sense", it'd be no fun. sometimes some teams get raped, other times it's not so obvious who made out in a deal. if all that ever happened was only players of equal talent were traded for each other that would take a lot of the challenge out of it.

Excellent point
Old 07-05-2004, 11:26 AM   #168
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Love it! Guy from the SI Games board had his game marred by a full on 6v6 brawl slobberknocker.

Recaps and pics available at http://hem.passagen.se/hp96toh/ehm/
Old 07-05-2004, 11:49 AM   #169
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Love it! Guy from the SI Games board had his game marred by a full on 6v6 brawl slobberknocker.

That is great. Looks like they got Canadian major junior hockey right.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:46 PM   #170
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
As for Lundqvist, there are reports flying out of the Frolunda league about he's becoming a superstar and one of the games' best players. That's how I found out about him and his ratings are easily NHL-worthy. It's one thing if he didn't have great ratings. But given the news reports (he's now on the national team, etc.), it seems like of absurd to give him up for 2 warm bodies and a 4th round draft choice.

You're forgetting one important thing though. I'm not sure this is how it's done in EHM, but in CM the ratings you see are contigent on the player's competition and the league they are in. They could take a dive. The numbers you see are not set in stone, they're not the values stored in the game. They are values that depend on your scouts, the player's competition, how he's played, and the league he is in. A 15+ player in a minor league is not a 15+ player in the NHL.

That is if it's done the way it is in CM, anyway.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-05-2004 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:54 PM   #171
rexallllsc
Banned

Who do I get in touch w/ re: billing issues? My card got hit twice (my fault)...
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:55 PM   #172
sabotai
General Manager

I'd imagine you would contact Softwrap (the people who do the license for the game)
Old 07-05-2004, 02:01 PM   #173
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
You're forgetting one important thing though. I'm not sure this is how it's done in EHM, but in CM the ratings you see are contigent on the player's competition and the league they are in. They could take a dive. The numbers you see are not set in stone, they're not the values stored in the game. They are values that depend on your scouts, the player's competition, how he's played, and the league he is in. A 15+ player in a minor league is not a 15+ player in the NHL.

That is if it's done the way it is in CM, anyway.

Is that the way it's done in CM? Seriously, I never noticed that...
Old 07-05-2004, 02:04 PM   #174
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Is that the way it's done in CM? Seriously, I never noticed that...

I'm pretty sure. I think Marc explained it in a thread not too long ago (See if I can dig it up)
Old 07-05-2004, 02:10 PM   #175
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

From what Marc said in that thread, I think he said the "form" rating is league dependent, because a guy is playing against easier competition his form might appear higher than it would in a more difficult league. However, I'm fairly sure that he said the attribute ratings do not change due to which league the player is in.

Edited to add: I've certainly never seen attribute ratings change immediately when I bring guys up into the EPL in soccer, however, I have seen their form suffer as they adjust to the higher level of competition.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-05-2004 at 02:12 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #176
MrBug708
Head Coach

I thought that was more so the form rather then the attributes
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:19 PM   #177
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm pretty sure. I think Marc explained it in a thread not too long ago (See if I can dig it up)

Actually, he explained it differently. The ratings are the ratings, period, once adjusted for scouts (so, yes, that part of what sabotai said is true).

So a guy with a 15 slap shot in Finalnd has as good a slap shot as a young star with 15 in the NHL, if the scouts are the same.

Where there is a difference is that there are very little things in the game (or in CM) that are based off of one rating. Shooting a puck doesn't entail just the slapshot ratings, but a whole host of other ratings, along with plenty of hidden ones as well. It's generally flaws in those other ratinsg that account for a player doing well in one lower leageu, but not so well in a higher talent league.

I remember the post you guys are talking about by Marcx Vaughan and that was the essential message. The ratings based on competition thing isn't true (in CM or here).

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:23 PM   #178
sabotai
General Manager

Yes, you guys are right. I can't find the thread, but I remember now Marc saying an example would be in CM where a guy who has a 20 for Crossing will always have a 20 for Crossing, but other attributes (both visible and hidden) might allow him to cross great in practice and lower leagues, but prevent him from being able to cross great in games in the upper leagues. So just because the guy has 20 in crossing does not not mean he'll always be crossing great.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:27 PM   #179
sabotai
General Manager

dola,

Here we go, the top 2 post on this thread page: http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/f...light=Crossing
Old 07-05-2004, 04:27 PM   #180
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yes, you guys are right. I can't find the thread, but I remember now Marc saying an example would be in CM where a guy who has a 20 for Crossing will always have a 20 for Crossing, but other attributes (both visible and hidden) might allow him to cross great in practice and lower leagues, but prevent him from being able to cross great in games in the upper leagues. So just because the guy has 20 in crossing does not not mean he'll always be crossing great.

This is correct. I can take a pretty mean PK outside in the park with a friend standing in net. Technically, it looks pretty good and is tough to stop. But put me out to take one in a World Cup Final, and I will probably poop myself before I begin my run-up.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 04:43 PM   #181
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
...I will probably poop myself...

Let's hear more about this.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:13 PM   #182
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I can email you some pics later if you want.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:44 PM   #183
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm still having trouble understanding some of the nuances of this game.

Time to read some more posts over at SI.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:00 PM   #184
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
On a semi-related note, what settings are people using at the beginning of a game as far as international leagues? Assuming you're playing the NHL, do you check the other countries? Standard or enhanced? The manual doesn't go into much detail and I don't want to be a.) missing out, or b.) unnecessarily slowing things down.
Bump on this, since I think it got missed the first time around. If I'm mainly looking to sim the NHL, can I turn off all the other leagues and still get things like international prospects and tournaments? Will it effect the sim speed at all?
Old 07-05-2004, 09:02 PM   #185
sabotai
General Manager

I have all leagues running on enhanced and the sim speed is good. What are you computer specs?
Old 07-05-2004, 09:13 PM   #186
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Bump on this, since I think it got missed the first time around. If I'm mainly looking to sim the NHL, can I turn off all the other leagues and still get things like international prospects and tournaments? Will it effect the sim speed at all?

Ive got the NHL, and the juniors goin in mine...thats all...goes fast...the juniors are just starting, world cup, world championship, and olympics are also there, so the international tourny's will be there if you dont do a full world sim
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:27 PM   #187
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Cool, thanks.

Another question: if you "delay" an offer, is anything ever supposed to happen? I've delayed a trade (so my scouts could have time to actually give an opinion on a guy who was offered to me), but I never hear anything about it again.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:30 PM   #188
sabotai
General Manager

In CM, when you delay something, it lasts for a week and then it comes back up.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:57 PM   #189
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Quote:
Cool, thanks.

Another question: if you "delay" an offer, is anything ever supposed to happen? I've delayed a trade (so my scouts could have time to actually give an opinion on a guy who was offered to me), but I never hear anything about it again.

I've done that a few times, and have had teams cancel the trade on me... might be what's happening to you?
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:58 PM   #190
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
In CM, when you delay something, it lasts for a week and then it comes back up.
That's what I thought. It worked that way for a coach signing, but for the trade I never did hear back from the team. The players kept the little "bid" symbols, but the trade never happened.

Final question for tonight: is it me, or are all the "orders" you assign to a player actually assigned to the position (i.e. LW2) rather than the player (i.e. Gary Roberts). In other words, if tell Alex Mogilney that I want him to pass, float and stay out of the corners, and I tell Owen Nolan to bang and fight, and after a few games I swap them in the lineup, Mogilny thinks I want him to suddenly start dropping the gloves every night?
Old 07-05-2004, 10:01 PM   #191
druez
Banned

Quote:
That's what I thought. It worked that way for a coach signing, but for the trade I never did hear back from the team. The players kept the little "bid" symbols, but the trade never happened.

Final question for tonight: is it me, or are all the "orders" you assign to a player actually assigned to the position (i.e. LW2) rather than the player (i.e. Gary Roberts). In other words, if tell Alex Mogilney that I want him to pass, float and stay out of the corners, and I tell Owen Nolan to bang and fight, and after a few games I swap them in the lineup, Mogilny thinks I want him to suddenly start dropping the gloves every night?

Good question. I believe it is position specific and not player specific.
druez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:03 PM   #192
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:

My god I hope not.....I enjoyed watching Alex playing gritty in the playoffs, but lets leave that to Nolan, Roberts and company.....Although i wouldnt mind seeing Mogilny drop the gloves and kill Allferdsson, which im sure he'd do
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:07 PM   #193
The_herd
College Starter

Ok, I'm in the 2004 draft and I won the lottery with Pittsburg, after finishing with the 2nd worst record. I get the email to start the draft and it says I'm picking second. Assuming it was just an error in the message, I go to the draft. However, I can't get it started because the "draft" button is greyed out.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-05-2004, 10:20 PM   #194
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by druez

^
|
|
|

From my experience, this is correct.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:27 PM   #195
The_herd
College Starter

NM, I'm an idiot. (as usual)
Old 07-06-2004, 12:06 AM   #196
The_herd
College Starter

Once again, I'm an idiot with this interface. Can someone tell me how to view free agents in the offseason?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:40 AM   #197
MrBug708
Head Coach

Does Assistant Manager do anything? How does he help you out?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 01:18 AM   #198
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie

This has to be my favorite part:

2 20:58 Calgary Brust 2:00 Goalie leaving crease
2 20:58 Kootenay Glass 2:00 Goalie leaving crease
2 20:58 Calgary Brust 20:00 Unknown
2 20:58 Kootenay Glass 20:00 Unknown

Picking a fight from all the way across the rink is clutch.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:18 AM   #199
Karim
College Starter

What's with the unknown penalties?
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:59 AM   #200
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by druez

This is how it has always been in the CM series so I would assume it remains this way in NHL EHM. Maybe there is a way to give instructions to each line separately?