Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-10-2008, 10:32 PM   #151
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
how exactly do you know they are real?

Experience my man. Experience. And attention to detail. You must pay attention to them at all times, noticing their shape, hang, and jiggle in various stationary and moving positions, and varying stages of undress (including bikini shots which lends to very observable clues). With practice, it becomes fairly easy. Once in awhile, there are some tricky ones, but over time they can be deciphered.

In this case, Amanda's are quite easy to decipher, especially in the context of the active and physical challenges in the game. Trust a pro.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 03-10-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 AM   #152
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
Experience my man. Experience. And attention to detail. You must pay attention to them at all times, noticing their shape, hang, and jiggle in various stationary and moving positions, and varying stages of undress (including bikini shots which lends to very observable clues). With practice, it becomes fairly easy. Once in awhile, there are some tricky ones, but over time they can be deciphered.

In this case, Amanda's are quite easy to decipher, especially in the context of the active and physical challenges in the game. Trust a pro.

so basically you have no idea like the rest of us
Old 03-12-2008, 12:59 AM   #153
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
so basically you have no idea like the rest of us

Well, if you're asking for something more concrete like I felt her up the week before the show, then yes I am in the same boat as everyone else.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #154
korme
Go Reds

I would guess V4P is correct, those tats look pretty regular
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:22 AM   #155
wade moore
lolzcat

I stand by the fake statement. They're not just slightly bigger from clothing, there is a dramatic change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #156
Jas_lov
College Starter

I'm gonna switch my vote from fake to real. Vinatieri seems to know his stuff. And I doubt she had a lot of time between China and Micronesia and I'm not sure getting a boob job would be on your list of things to do to prepare for another season of survivor.

I just want to reiterate my confidence in Chet's strategy. All he has to do is make it to the merge. Once he gets to the merge, he can team up with someone who needs another vote. Chet is not a big threat and when you get past the merge, who do you get rid of? The strong players who are threats in immunities and can beat you in a final tribal. After the merge, people will be begging to have Chet on their side as they say to themselves, "Are they really gonna give the money to that guy over me?"
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #157
rkmsuf
Head Coach

There's something fundamentally wrong with a game where Chet is doing well.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:50 PM   #158
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Chet is this year's Courtney, except that if he sticks around long enough, he may develop boobs.

Last edited by Maple Leafs : 03-12-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:06 PM   #159
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
I just want to reiterate my confidence in Chet's strategy. All he has to do is make it to the merge. Once he gets to the merge, he can team up with someone who needs another vote. Chet is not a big threat and when you get past the merge, who do you get rid of? The strong players who are threats in immunities and can beat you in a final tribal. After the merge, people will be begging to have Chet on their side as they say to themselves, "Are they really gonna give the money to that guy over me?"

I fear that my sarcasm detector is broken, so I have to ask...are you being serious here? I can't even process the notion of Chet having a strategy. Seems like the only thing on his mind is preventing his skeletal structure from collapsing under the weight of his uselessness. I'm not even sure we've seen signs of sentient life from him. If he makes it to the end, it will have nothing to do with his strategy and everything to do with the eventual winner dragging his useless carcass along to act as a meat-shield.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #160
Jas_lov
College Starter

I am serious and don't call me Shirley. Chet's goal is to make it to the merge. Who have been the people leaving early on? Strong, competent players who make too many maneuvers. Who will people want to keep around after the merge? Weak, incompetent players who do nothing strategy wise. That's where Chet comes in.

All Chet has to do is put a little more effort into the challenges so that he doesn't obviously cost them anymore immunities or rewards, but still act worthless around camp. Then he gets to the merge and becomes a typical weak straggler swing vote that a stronger alliance needs for an extra vote. He coasts to the final 5 and unleashes his true abilities, winning the last 2 immunities and proving his will to win.

Chet also needs to be friendly to people like Tina was when she beat the more hated and much more deserving Colby in the final 2. Colby was an idiot not taking the detested Keith to the final 2, but let's not get into that age old debate. It's a lot harder for the underdog to win in a final 3 though, but I have all the confidence in the world that Chet will shock everybody and get to the final 3.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #161
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
He coasts to the final 5 and unleashes his true abilities, winning the last 2 immunities and proving his will to win.

Wha?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #162
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, it is comments like that which still make me check my sarcasm detector. Jas_lov may be the only person in America who thinks that Chet is employing some kind of strategy and is only faking uselessness. It is a nice dream...

Last edited by BrianD : 03-12-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:06 AM   #163
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I stand by the fake statement. They're not just slightly bigger from clothing, there is a dramatic change.

As I said, it's weight gain. From skinny at end of China to healthy weight at beginning of Micronesia. I'd also add that they were still bigger in China than you are recalling.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #164
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Regarding what has gone on so far this episode

Spoiler
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #165
Jas_lov
College Starter

Would have been nice to have Joel around for that immunity challenge. Now we know why Chet has been so lethargic, he has an injured foot. Hopefully Chet doesn't get sent to the hospital like Jonathan. Now take out that bitch Cirie! Go Chet!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #166
Jas_lov
College Starter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Chet could have engineered the greatest overthrow in Survivor history with his last dying breath. He just threw away 1 million dollars because he had a blister.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 03-13-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:02 PM   #167
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Chet could have engineered the greatest overthrow in Survivor history with his last dying breath. He just threw away 1 million dollars because he had a blister.

Spoiler
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #168
Jas_lov
College Starter

No need to use the spoiler tags. If people are dumb enough to come in here without seeing the show then they have no right to bitch and they have no right to be a member of this forum because they don't have the mental capacity required to post here.

I agree about not blindsiding Ozzy yet. If they got rid of him, they'd all be voted out before the merge. I wish Cirie would have been voted out instead of Chet. Chet had a pathway to victory laid out for him and instead he quit and threw up. Still would have been cool to see the weakest player in Survivor history vote out one of the strongest.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 03-13-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #169
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Whoever made the final call on casting Chet should be fired.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #170
korme
Go Reds

To the jackass who said Ozzy would NEVER get blindsided

Welp, almost happened tonight.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #171
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I loved his line about "they wanted me to help them blindside Ozzie, but I'll let them take care of that after I'm gone". Uhh... idiot ... with one less person that's impossible!

Most useless player in the history of Survivor, glad to see him gone.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:42 PM   #172
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Whoever made the final call on casting Chet should be fired.

LOL, same with Kathy! Put me on that show. I won't swim like a fish or carry a pole with a woman on top of it single-handedly, but I'll hold my own atleast!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #173
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
LOL, same with Kathy! Put me on that show. I won't swim like a fish or carry a pole with a woman on top of it single-handedly, but I'll hold my own atleast!

At least Kathy is unstable and socially awkward enough to be marginally amusing. Chet is boring, useless, and couldn't have cared less about winning or doing anything productive at all. Worst contestant in all 16 seasons.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #174
Jas_lov
College Starter

Also, I felt bad for Jonathan having to go home. He stuck through the infected leg and competed hard in the reward challenge. He's the anti Chet. James was sad to see him go, but Jonathan and Eliza were going to join up with the fans to overthrow him before the merge anyway. Eliza will probably still join up with them now that she has nobody. I doubt James makes it to the merge.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #175
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
To the jackass who said Ozzy would NEVER get blindsided

Welp, almost happened tonight.

I'm a jackass?

It didn't happen, so I don't know why its a big deal. Other than Tracy and Erik, no one had the balls to do it. Which is exactly what I had been getting it.

He wasn't getting blindsided. I seriously doubt it was anywhere near as in question as they made it seem to be. That was a dose of heavy editing to at least put doubt in viewers minds.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #176
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
If people are dumb enough to come in here without seeing the show then they have no right to bitch and they have no right to be a member of this forum because they don't have the mental capacity required to post here.

Says the guy who thought Chet was dominating the game.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #177
korme
Go Reds

Amy wanted to do it- the only person that didn't want to was our old friend Chet. Come on, quit pretending like it couldn't or won't happen. And don't take jackass so personally, I just couldn't remember who I was disagreeing with.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:15 AM   #178
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Says the guy who thought Chet was dominating the game.

I was mostly joking. Your sarcasm meter must be broken along with BrianD's. With that said, Chet was still in position to engineer the biggest coup in Survivor history. But ultimately, fatal injuries got the better of two very brave souls tonight.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #179
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Interesting episode. Some random thoughts:

I was sad to see Jonathan go and I think he was very well-liked by all the players.
The way Jeffy called it, it seemed as if James single-handedly carried the chicks on his pole (LOL).
Cirie looks much better and younger and less harsh when her hair is down.
Chet is absolutely worthless (as already mentioned) and delusional. His final words were that he was tougher than other people believed since he lasted longer than they thought he would. He was a pawn!
I thought Ami was hitting on that fan chick.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #180
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Man, I was really trying to stay with this show, but there's just too many other shows on and I've fallen 3 weeks behind. Oh well. As many reality shows as I watch, I've never been able to get through a full season of Survivor. Bizarre.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-14-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:01 AM   #181
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Spoilers from TV Guide (who doesn't click on spoilers)?

Spoiler

Reminder: Survivor is on Wednesday next week.

Last edited by Raiders Army : 03-14-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #182
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
As many reality shows as I watch, I've never been able to get through a full season of Survivor. Bizarre.

Especially since it is the only reality show that is worth watching.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #183
Ksyrup

Quote:

It just never grabbed me, even from the beginning when it was such a huge hit. And that's even acknowledging that this show paved the way for how many other reality shows handle "vote offs" and such. Biggest Loser, for instance. I really can't explain it. We watched the first 2-3 eps this season, but it just has such low priority that we stopped recording when we weren't watching it.

I definitely don't see what makes it superior to other shows, though. Even though it was the original, that doesn't make it better. I guess it's probably the subject matter? Although I'm a huge fan of Survivorman, so maybe not. I don't know.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #184
Ksyrup

Hey Kodos, here's a survival reality show for you!

MTV said Thursday that it has greenlighted a new reality competition series with the working title "Paris Hilton's My New BFF" following recent speculation that it was eyeing the project. MTV is producing with Ish Entertainment, former VH1 executive vp programming Michael Hirschorn's new banner; it marks the first series to come out of Ish's first-look deal with MTV Networks Music Group.

The 10-episode series finds 20 contestants competing through a series of challenges that test their loyalty, endurance and "girl politics" to see whether they have what it takes to survive in Hollywood. The winner gets what MTV describes as "an all-access pass to the VIP section of the VIP section and life lessons from the master of contemporary Hollywood celebrity."

And no... I won't be watching this one.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #185
Kodos
Resident Alien

What's amazing is that anyone will watch or care about anything involving Paris Hilton.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #186
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Spoilers from TV Guide (who doesn't click on spoilers)?

Spoiler

Reminder: Survivor is on Wednesday next week.

Spoiler

Last edited by Jas_lov : 03-14-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #187
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

Oh, I was certain that she was. Remember when she had her "partner" come to the show as a loved one?

Anybody thought weather had to be really cold for that fan chick to be on high beams all the time like that? Or are they pierced? I was amazed that the guy she was talking to was able to look her in the eyes... Camera aware maybe?

FM
Old 03-14-2008, 12:04 PM   #188
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
Oh, I was certain that she was. Remember when she had her "partner" come to the show as a loved one?

Anybody thought weather had to be really cold for that fan chick to be on high beams all the time like that? Or are they pierced? I was amazed that the guy she was talking to was able to look her in the eyes... Camera aware maybe?

FM

LOL. For sure!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #189
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I think that Jason has effectively shown that he believes he has found the "true" HII. I think he's been set up for one of the more hilarious tribal councils to come.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #190
Autumn
Head Coach

-Jason gloating over that idol was HILARIOUS. I do feel bad for him though. If he pulls that thing out, everyone's going to look at him like an idiot.

-It really sucked to see Jonathan go out, and especially sucked for his team which was about to take a two person advantage and is completely dominating. I was glad to see them continue to dominate though. I think James was partially worried that having a tribe of women would be a setback, but they obviously are much smarter or work much better together. I don't see them getting rid of James anytime soon. They've got the perfect combo with his strength and their small light bodies. That was a big perk on that last challenge.

-I was so amazed to watch Ozzie almost go down. The fact that it was Chet who kept it from happening, that's crazy. He clearly was the worst contestant ever. What made them think he would be good? Was there ever a spark of anything in him? What a waste. Interesting that all the votes read were for him. Do the contestants therefore never find out what the other votes were? Does Ozzy not know how close he was to being voted out? For that matter, we don't know. I wonder if Chet was the only one who bailed on the plan? Regardless, watching him pull out because his heel hurt? Oh my God. I wonder what his "other health problems" were? A head ache?

-Anyone amused by Pavarti hitting on that Micronesian dude? Take it easy chick. "Are you married?" lol
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #191
Ksyrup

Quote:

Now that I think about it, probably one of the reasons this was the wrong season for me to try to get into, is the fact that there are "favorites" on this season. Since I know very little, if anything, about these people, I lose a lot of the context for some of the relationship dynamics that you guys are aware of. I have to admit that when I was watching, I was kinda clueless about what was going on in the favorites tribe - or whether I was missing something.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #192
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

-I was so amazed to watch Ozzie almost go down. The fact that it was Chet who kept it from happening, that's crazy. He clearly was the worst contestant ever. What made them think he would be good? Was there ever a spark of anything in him? What a waste. Interesting that all the votes read were for him. Do the contestants therefore never find out what the other votes were? Does Ozzy not know how close he was to being voted out? For that matter, we don't know. I wonder if Chet was the only one who bailed on the plan? Regardless, watching him pull out because his heel hurt? Oh my God. I wonder what his "other health problems" were? A head ache?

According to the survivor forums and the wikipedia entry for this season, no one voted for Ozzy. As I said above, I think the Ozzy thing was some creative editing to create drama for tribal council. I seriously doubt Ozzy was ever in serious danger of being voted against.

The voting supposedly went 5 for Chet and then 2 for Erik (tracy and chet voting for him).
Old 03-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #193
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yep. When they show who voted for who at the end credits, the other votes went to Erik.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #194
korme
Go Reds

No one voted for Ozzy because they realized it wouldn't work, so why be outted that you are trying to blindside him? He'd then be very aware of that at the next council.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #195
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I was mostly joking. Your sarcasm meter must be broken along with BrianD's. With that said, Chet was still in position to engineer the biggest coup in Survivor history. But ultimately, fatal injuries got the better of two very brave souls tonight.

I'm now of the opinion that my sarcasm detector is fine and you are just delusional. Chet's last words last night showed just how out of touch he was with anything resembling reality. I'm even wondering if he might be a bit slow mentally.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:40 PM   #196
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

what you can find when googling a contestant's name

&nbsp

The other is also another survivor contestant of a past season, Flicka...

FM
Old 03-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #197
korme
Go Reds

FLICKA
Old 03-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #198
Jas_lov
College Starter

Friendly reminder: Survivor is on TONIGHT at 8 PM ET because of the college basketball games tomorrow. From the previews and the spoilers Raiders Army posted, it looks like it'll be a great show.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #199
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh man, thanks for the 'reminder', that had totally slipped past my radar. I might miss it now, but maybe I'll tape it. On the good news front, that means I could catch the first episode of htat Miss Guided pilot. The previews look pretty funny.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:06 PM   #200
Jas_lov
College Starter

That episode was nowhere near as interesting as those spoilers made it out to be. Maybe they're for future episodes or maybe they're made up. Whoever said in an earlier post that Cirie was in charge of this tribe was sorely mistaken and should be shot. I correctly said that Ozzy was in charge and from tonight's episode that is certainly the case. Now he's got Erik wrapped around his dick and all he has to do is get rid of that bitch Cirie next week by a 3-2 vote. She should have gone this week as she's much more worthless than Tracy and she eats a lot more food. Thank God they didn't show her naked in the shower.