Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #151
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Anybody else finding their DC's marking for absolute shit on crosses?

Seems like every cross in is an automatic goal.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #152
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

bug report - i just scored a goal and the ball went in and then came shooting out through the side of the net.

hehe
Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #153
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

yea marking in the box seems bad, course im playing in league 1 so they might suck down there
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #154
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
yea marking in the box seems bad, course im playing in league 1 so they might suck down there

I'm playing in Serie A, so maybe it is an actual problem.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #155
Miller Time
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Anybody else finding their DC's marking for absolute shit on crosses?

Seems like every cross in is an automatic goal.

Yup, my CB's are getting destroyed. Tried both man/zonal marking and closing down then crosser but have not had much success yet.

In fact, I am not having much success in my QPR save.Finding it much more difficult than in years past, especially against opponents I should be beating at home. Practice makes perfect
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #156
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

When I start the game, I get the intro movie and then a white screen. I can see the cursor change as if there is a button to press, but I can't see anything. Is there a way I can get into the game's graphics settings to make some changes? I'm not sure how to do that through Steam.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #157
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Yup, my CB's are getting destroyed. Tried both man/zonal marking and closing down then crosser but have not had much success yet.

In fact, I am not having much success in my QPR save.Finding it much more difficult than in years past, especially against opponents I should be beating at home. Practice makes perfect

Maybe I shouldn't get too attached to this save then...yeah.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #158
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Corner kicks have been a problem for a looooonnngg time now unfortunately. No idea why they can't figure it out.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #159
Flasch186
Coordinator

Yup, after reading this thread Im not even firing it up. Ill wait.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #160
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone figured out how to access the "unwanted players" list after I put someone on it?
Old 10-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #161
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Every single cross the opponent makes seemingly results in a goal. Matches really aren't playable as anything other than a curiosity until marking in the box gets fixed.

Checked the SI forums - this has been reported there and they acknowledge it's an issue and is under review.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-19-2012 at 10:11 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #162
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Can someone check something for me? I'm having some minor issues with the skin/interface, specifically the quick flicks and how the game registers my cursor when I hover over the many hyperlinks within the game. I'd like to see if someone can duplicate one very specific thing.

Go to the club profile screen and try to use the down quick flick to quickly navigate through the teams. I always have to move my mouse back. Seems really minor, but it's annoying the hell out of me and I want to know if it's just me lol. The skin is pretty but something seems off about how it's registering where the cursor.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #163
MrBug708
Head Coach

I had a problem with the drop down menu on the list of teams when trying to select one on manager creation
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #164
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Yeah, doing some more searching at the SI forums and it looks like others are having issues with the cursor and it registering incorrectly over buttons and hyperlinks.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 10-19-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #165
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Yup, after reading this thread Im not even firing it up. Ill wait.

Only reasons I'm playing it are:

1) Get used to the interface.
2) Try our FMC and see if it is something I want to use
3) Install my graphics
4) Get ready for opening day. Know what coaches I want, know what players I'll ship out, know who I'm looking to bring in, know what tactics I'll use, check ratings, coaches, etc. That way on opening day, I can do all of that stuff fairly quickly and get on with a career. I'm not using it as my starting career.

I have been lucky, my games thus far have been average scoring and crosses are not all ending up in the net so far. I hope SI releases a beta patch to take care of that problem though. (they said they will not, but I can hope)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #166
vex
Grizzled Veteran

If I'm not interested in FMC, is this still a must buy/upgrade from '12?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #167
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Only reasons I'm playing it are:

1) Get used to the interface.
2) Try our FMC and see if it is something I want to use
3) Install my graphics
4) Get ready for opening day. Know what coaches I want, know what players I'll ship out, know who I'm looking to bring in, know what tactics I'll use, check ratings, coaches, etc. That way on opening day, I can do all of that stuff fairly quickly and get on with a career. I'm not using it as my starting career.

I have been lucky, my games thus far have been average scoring and crosses are not all ending up in the net so far. I hope SI releases a beta patch to take care of that problem though. (they said they will not, but I can hope)

This is what I'm doing too. I actually made a couple nice transfers that I want to keep without having to make them again if that's possible with the release-version, so I've made a copy of my savegame for that purpose, but now I'm just going to mess around and see what things I can uncover.

It's worth firing up to get used to the UI changes - there are a number of them.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #168
MikaV84
n00b

Is the match engine really as shitty as people on the SI forums make it out to be?

Thought this would be a no-brainer purchase today, but some of the posts here - and SI's forum moreso - made me think twice.
MikaV84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #169
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaV84 View Post
Is the match engine really as shitty as people on the SI forums make it out to be?

Thought this would be a no-brainer purchase today, but some of the posts here - and SI's forum moreso - made me think twice.

It's still a beta release, keep that in mind. By the time of full release I'm sure it will be just as fine as last year.

We're totally #firstworldproblem -ing this thing out of proportion.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #170
MikaV84
n00b

Quote:
It's still a beta release, keep that in mind. By the time of full release I'm sure it will be just as fine as last year.

We're totally #firstworldproblem -ing this thing out of proportion.

While i appreciate the grandeur of those big-ass letters, didnt the folks at SI say they are not gonna update the match engine before the full release? And since this thread is about fm13, i thought it would be an appropriate place to ask such a question, since people here have played the game. I have realized the error in this, and shall henceforth post only about real issues like famine or war.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #171
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
While i appreciate the grandeur of those big-ass letters, didnt the folks at SI say they are not gonna update the match engine before the full release? And since this thread is about fm13, i thought it would be an appropriate place to ask such a question, since people here have played the game. I have realized the error in this, and shall henceforth post only about real issues like famine or war.

Nah...I'm just saying I wouldn't consider it a reason not to pickup the game. I'm sure that the problem will be ironed out before the final release. It might be a reason not to buy the game and expect to get 6 months into a season before the full release is all. You can still buy the game and poke around the UI and the new features - I just wouldn't start a game where you really care about the match results in a fanatical way is all.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #172
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

The game will definitely get an updated match engine with improvements, tweaks etc. over time - whether this is on the day of release or shortly after I can't say (I'm not actively working on the product) but it will as always be supported to the best of our abilities.

I haven't had a huge amount of time to play this years game yet (kinda busy with FMH2013 at the moment) - but from what I have played of earlier beta's I'd say that its definitely playable if not perfect.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #173
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Nah...I'm just saying I wouldn't consider it a reason not to pickup the game. I'm sure that the problem will be ironed out before the final release. It might be a reason not to buy the game and expect to get 6 months into a season before the full release is all. You can still buy the game and poke around the UI and the new features - I just wouldn't start a game where you really care about the match results in a fanatical way is all.

I read something on the forums that there were 2.97 goals per game when the reality is last year there were 2.65 or something like that in the EPL.

I said earlier this wasn't a problem for me, and it simply hasn't been. I have no idea if it's my tactics or what, but here are my early scorelines as Arsenal:

Friendly - Olympiakos 3-1
Friendly - Standard - 0-1
Friendly - Roma - 2-2
Swansea - 3-2
Man City - 2-0
Wigan - 0-0

Three regular season matches and I've given up 2 goals. Against Swansea, I jumped on them early and led them 3-1 before they scored a 93rd minute "who gives a crap" goal.

Against Man City, I got a penalty to take an early lead and with Man City pressing late, I hit them on a counter attack to put the game away. Against Wigan, it was a bore draw.

Again, I don't know if this is tactical or what, but I still haven't had the craziness some of the other guys have experienced.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #174
Grover
Pro Starter

Can beta games carry over to the final release?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #175
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yup
Old 10-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #176
SackAttack
Head Coach

Only issue I've really had so far - and admittedly I play this game much more casually than many of y'all - was getting the floor absolutely wiped with me by my reserves in the preseason friendly.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:45 AM   #177
MikaV84
n00b

I for one dont mind the games being a bit high-scoring, but the thing that bothers me is most goals coming from corners and crosses...

But then again, some of you here havent expressed this as a problem. Makes me think that maybe theres a bug that isnt in the match enginge, and it plays fine for some people.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #178
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I haven't noticed a bunch of goals coming from corners but crossing in open play seems too effective. The goalkeepers don't cut out enough of them, sometimes players are heading these crosses in from 2-3 yards out.

Last edited by Big Fo : 10-21-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #179
Shepp
High School Varsity

Am I the only one who thinks its kind of crappy that instead of releasing a demo, this year you have to preorder to get access to the "beta" version? Especially since you can't get your money back if you don't like it. The last three years or so I've considered not buying that year's version. I usually get the demo decide that I like the new version and buy it. This year I'm not particularly impressed with the features they're adverstising and if I have to buy the game before I can see how it runs will probably be enough for me to skip this year.

Last edited by Shepp : 10-21-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #180
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
Am I the only one who thinks its kind of crappy that instead of releasing a demo, this year you have to preorder to get access to the "beta" version? Especially since you can't get your money back if you don't like it. The last three years or so I've considered not buying that year's version. I usually get the demo decide that I like the new version and buy it. This year I'm not particularly impressed with the features they're adverstising and if I have to buy the game before I can see how it runs will probably be enough for me to skip this year.

I think it's actually a cool idea to reward people who preorder the game.

The demo will be released next week. (1 week before final release)

It amounts to people who preordered getting a whopping one week window ahead of the people who want a demo.

I don't see a problem.

Last edited by TroyF : 10-21-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #181
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I think it's actually a cool idea to reward people who preorder the game.

The demo will be released next week. (1 week before final release)

It amounts to people who preordered getting a whopping one week window ahead of the people who want a demo.

I don't see a problem.

If they're still doing a demo then I guess I misunderstood how it was going to work. I thought the beta access was replacing the demo this year.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #182
PraetorianX
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
If they're still doing a demo then I guess I misunderstood how it was going to work. I thought the beta access was replacing the demo this year.

Nope, Demo will still be coming out next week sometime.

The Beta is just for a reward for people who've pre-ordered and want to get a head start on playing.

Hopefully this means they'll get most of the major bugs sorted for a release day patch.
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #183
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I can't believe they got rid of the breadcrumbs. It was such an easy way to navigate and you could easily tell what competition/country a player played in as well. Now there is some strange browse function you have to activate by clicking the magnifying glass in the top right corner. BUT it doesn't exist with the FMC skin. Ugh.

Europe | England | npower League 1 | Bournemouth | Marc Pugh

^
Those are no more.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 10-21-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #184
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
I can't believe they got rid of the breadcrumbs. It was such an easy way to navigate and you could easily tell what competition/country a player played in as well. Now there is some strange browse function you have to activate by clicking the magnifying glass in the top right corner. BUT it doesn't exist with the FMC skin. Ugh.

breadcrumbs?
Old 10-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #185
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Note the edit I made to my post to show what I'm referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm2012 manual
Breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs display a path indicating how the currently displayed game object related to other objects in the game. This allows the user to easily navigate to other related game objects.

An example would be a player screen, where the breadcrumbs may display

Europe | England | npower League 1 | Bournemouth | Marc Pugh

This shows where the game object (Marc Pugh) is located in the database and allows the user a quick way of clicking on related players (his team-mates), clubs (other teams in npower League 1), competitions etc. The top-most level is ‘Europe’, at which stage you can change continent and select another.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #186
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Ah yes - why get rid of breadcrumbs? Those were very helpful!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #187
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
When I start the game, I get the intro movie and then a white screen. I can see the cursor change as if there is a button to press, but I can't see anything. Is there a way I can get into the game's graphics settings to make some changes? I'm not sure how to do that through Steam.

In case anyone runs into this, you can hit Alt->Shift->F10. Apparently there is a rendering issue that is hitting some people.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #188
TroyF
Coordinator

llama3 from the si forums posted this bit on training. I don't have the screenshots he has in his thread, but I think it sums up training nicely.

On Football Manager 2013 we have a new training system. This system is a more "real life" way of carrying out training. The team generally trains as a large group with individual training time. So I think it is time for a basic introduction on how to use the new training system.

General Training

The bulk of your player's training is simply general training. You have a slider to allow you to decide how much time is spent on general training, and how much on match training. The general training is what will help your players develop attributes, and decide the spread of these attributes. You can choose a specific focus for your squad training and the intensity of this focus too. The focuses your team can train are:
Balanced
Fitness
Tactics
Ball Control
Defending
Attacking
Team Cohesion
These are fairly self-explanatory. You can improve your team's tactical attributes with a tactics focus, or you can improve your team's general understanding and help them gel with a team cohesion focus instead. This should link in with your team's tactic style; an organised and defensive team will use a defensive focus to improve defensive attributes in the whole team, whereas a possession based team will tend to use a tactics or team cohesion focus. These focuses do not affect match training, they only focus on the development of attributes.

The intensity with which your team can train at is a simple step-up from:
Very Low
Low
Average
High
Very High

You can alter the focus and intensity for any given week on the calendar view as well. You may decide in general you want a tactics focus on average intensity, but for the next 3 weeks you want a team cohesion focus on high intensity after a poor run of results.

Match Training

Your match training is much the same as your match preparation from FM12, but is incorporated into training, rather than tactics. You can select general match preparation on the black bar at the top of your training view, as well as selecting a specific form of preparation for certain opposition. For instance you may wish to focus on defending set pieces for an away game against Stoke, instead of your usual focus on attacking movement. The focuses for match preparation are much the same as on FM12 too. Here they are:
Tactics Only
Teamwork
Defensive Positioning
Attacking Movement
Defending Set Pieces
Attacking Set Pieces
Focusing on tactics only will simply improve familiarity with the tactic. You can improve general teamwork and understanding within your side by adding Teamwork as a focus. Otherwise these are all very self-explanatory. The final aspect of match training is how much rest to allow. You can allow your team to rest both before and after a game if you wish, or you can choose either or neither. The more rest time you allow, the more it eats in to general training time, and the less you allow, the more tired your players become; through playing too many games and/or too much heavy training - so try and balance carefully how much rest you need. Later on in the season you may need to allow more rest than early on, as your players start to become jaded and the games come thick and fast.

Coaches

Your coaches are still assigned in the same way as on FM12. They still train individual aspects, with a simple 5* scoring system. The coaches workload is decided by your general training and individual training. If your team is training a ball control focus and your players are being trained in individual roles/preferred moves which are heavily based in ball control then the coach(es) assigned to ball control will have an increased workload. The more areas a coach is assigned to, the greater his workload, and the less the quality of the training he is able to give to your team.

Individual Training

Individual Training is the area where you can specifically alter certain things on a player's schedule without having to affect the rest of the team to achieve it. You have 4 areas you can individually alter on a player's individual schedule:
Focus - Either an Individual Role (i.e. Ball Playing Defender) or a Specific Attribute (i.e. Passing) or you can choose "None" if you do not wish to utilise this aspect of training on your players.
Focus Intensity - simply how high the intensity is on the above Role or Attribute.
New Position
New Preferred Move

You can train a Focus, Position and Preferred Move if you wish to, but they will eat into each other's time, rather than into general training like they previously used to. On a player's training-overview screen, there is feedback on how much the player likes his schedule, and his overall workload. This screen also shows the spread of his individual training time, with how much he is spending on each aspect. You can choose to individually rest a player if you go onto his profile, select training from the actions buttons on the left hand side under his name, choose rest, and then however long you wish to individually rest a player for. You can also ask your coaches to provide an individual training report on the player, by selecting "Request Training Report" from the training button under your player's name.

The individual focuses you can train your players in are:
Corners
Crossing
Dribbling
Finishing
First Touch
Free Kicks
Heading
Long Shots
Long Throws
Marking
Passing
Penalties
Tackling
Technique
Composure
Off the Ball
Positioning
Agility
Balance
Jumping
Quickness
Stamina
Strength

Pre-Season

This is the time when your players will be lacking match fitness, and will require most work to get them physically ready for the new season. This is the best time to try a high intensity fitness regime, as well as play a reasonable number of matches, but with enough time for recovery between games. Try not to give rest days to players, as this often reduces their match fitness, something you are specifically trying to increase.

You could elect to leave the focus for training and intensity on your preferred standard, and select the focus and intensity for each week individually, meaning you do not need to remember to switch intensity and focus in a few weeks time. Your team will also need to re-familiarise tactically with each other, and with the system. So ensure there is enough match preparation time, and enough focus on team cohesion to build this up, so your team is ready for the new season.

Finally you will be given the option at the end of the season, to select the date to begin the new pre-season. You can elect to make it between 4 and 7 weeks long. The longer you have for pre-season the fitter you can make your side, and you can stave off the end of season drop in attributes that little bit earlier. Beware that beginning pre-season too early, without letting your players have a proper rest (especially those on international duty) can make your players tired earlier in the season, meaning you may have a fatigued star in December that you need to carefully manager.

Goalkeepers

Goalkeepers do not have a specific area of general training. They will simply be taken by your Goalkeeping coaches in that time for training. You can still give them individual training, but cannot teach them a new position, and their list of preferred moves available to teach is obviously smaller, so you are likely to spend a lot more time training specific attributes or roles instead.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #189
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Beta just updated on Steam. Not sure what this fixes, haven't found anything from SI.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #190
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

fudge, i cant open my FM, says it has corrupted game files
Old 10-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #191
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

so the update corrupted the game it seems
Old 10-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #192
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Posted on the SI boards:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM2013 Pre-Order Beta Update out now!
First of all we just want to thank everyone who has posted on our forums or contacted us via Facebook or Twitter since the beta was released. We’ve had a huge amount of feedback which have proved incredibly valuable in the development of Football Manager 2013.

Available now for you all is an ‘update’ of the pre-order beta, if you have automatic updates on your game will update the next time you open Steam (if you’ve got the game open now, shut it down and then re-launch the game and it’ll update). If you find it is not updating at all, try verifying your game cache as instructed in the FAQ HERE

If you encounter any type of 'Virus' message when attempting to run the game, this is a false positive. There are no viruses within the FM.exe. We very much suggest adding the FM.exe to your exceptions list. This issue has been encountered when running Avira and Avast!

Once your beta has updated it will make your version number the following:

PC: 326362
Mac: 326348

Included are a number of fixes listed in our ‘change list’ below. Bear in mind if you’ve raised an issue and it’s not been fixed for this update that does not mean it won’t be fixed for release. Although this is a beta update, this version is still a ‘work in progress’ and is not complete.

Just a quick disclaimer that although we try to include as much as possible, not every single fix which has been made has been included in this changelist, only the major issues raised. Thanks.

Performance

Improved processing speeds when scouting large numbers of players
Fixed crash during match when interface rendering mode is set to ‘GPU Assisted’
Fixed crash during match when using quick tactics/shouts
Fixed star rating on ‘Detail Level’ screen not correctly reflecting computer performance

General

Prevented ‘View-Only’ leagues from loading in too many players
Fixed keyboard shortcuts from disabling when object explorer is closed
Fixed mouse cursor hotspot accuracy

GUI

Fixed transfer centre icon not displaying in FMC
Fixed processing bar sometimes not displaying in FMC
Goalkeeper and sweeper no longer overlap on Team Report’s Position Strength pitch
Scrollbar position remembered when on Player Search, click on a player, and then click [Back]
If you resize the Custom Search Option subpanel on the Player Search, its size will now be remembered
Split View size when customised is remembered

Transfers & Contracts

Prevented new signings from becoming released immediately
Fixed free transfers not concluding
Fixed internal Director of Football hires
Fixed ‘Next Available’ transfer date being an option when using the ‘Approach To Sign’ option for a player in the last 6 months of their contract.

Competitions & Rulegroups

Fixed players on holiday at the start of a new game having their return date extending
Fixed training camps and friendlies being scheduled past the start of the league season
Fixed training camps clashing with club European competition Qualifying matches
Fixed players attending training camps being available for Reserve/Youth team matches
Fixed players becoming unregistered for their parent club when send out on a short term loan
Fixed clash between Fourth Round Spanish Cup and International matches

Match Engine

v1302
- Fixed bug where keeper would not prevent team mate's poor control from becoming an own goal
- Fixed one more example of keeper not controlling a backpass
- Fixed players kicking off not always facing correct direction at start of 2nd half
- Fixed AI teams not always setting one central midfielder to a defensive duty
- Improved marking of player running with ball
- Some ball physics collision fixes including the "hole in the net"
- Reduced shots from tight angles

v1303
- Fixed players going for the same ball and both avoiding each other leaving ball loose
- Improved keepers at point blank range slightly
- Improved keeper judgement coming for ball or making save
- Improved angle of non held keeper save
- More last ditch challenges/interceptions in danger area
- Improved defender positioning in own area
- Improved player reactions to loose ball
- Made players in space more likely to try to turn to face opposition goal when on ball
- Increased use of high risk high reward passes in dangerous areas
- Fine tuned general pass choice
- Fixed unrealistic clearances towards own goal

v1304
- Midfields shifting across slightly more when defending
- Tweak to defensive reactions
- Reduced potential instances of wild clearances behind own goal
- Toned down some risky passes slightly from 1303

v1305
- Fix to stop "ghost" goals ( where ball goes in but goal kick given )

v1308
- Temporarily disabled fix for "ghost" goals as its a bit troublesome and causing unwanted side effects
- Fixed keeper coming to punch ball and then diverting to avoid a collision and hence missing ball completely
- Fixed some instances of keepers saving ball prematurely and getting little purchase on save
- Fixed a few bugs causing keepers not to attempt saves when they should do
- Fixed keepers making risky quick throws or passes to team mates
- Further fix for defending crosses
- Slight tweak to speed of longer passes
- Fixed wrong team getting throw/corner/goal kick after tackle sends ball out of play
- Toned down long shots taken on weak foot slightly

Match v1309
- Sorted out problem with "ghost goal" fix and re-activated it
- Fixed keepers trying to come out and intercept dribbled ball they have no chance of getting
- Tweaked direct free kicks
- Tweaked headers slightly

I had decided to stop playing until the full game is out with the editor but I might get another season in before next week now.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #193
Grover
Pro Starter

I've been playing through the update, I'm surprised it didn't boot me off like last time.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #194
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

if your getting a "corrupt file" message when you open FM, heres the fix *Official* Football Manager 2013 Pre-Order Beta FAQ

trying it now. the answer is on post 41

Last edited by bulletsponge : 10-26-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #195
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

great, now another error. steam servers are to busy
Old 10-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #196
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dammit, corrupted game files again
Old 10-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #197
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ffs, my antivirus wont let the game start
Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #198
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

fudge, had to disable my real time AV protection to load the game

i have the free avira and i cant find out how to make the antivirus exc;ude that file to make it run. so im goina log off all web activity while i play and turn on virus when online
Old 10-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #199
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quick question, someone who has gotten the update help me out. What version is your game listed as at the top?

Mine is 13.0.2b326362

But the patch list says something about 13.09. Just wanna make sure my game has actually updated.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #200
Grover
Pro Starter

Mine is also 13.0.2b326362 and I updated this morning.