Quote:
but this isn't as entertaining as many think it is

I disagree. 5 Stars.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:52 AM   #152
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
We now return you to your regularly-scheduled flamefest.
Shutup bitchtroll™.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Old 09-07-2005, 06:56 AM   #153
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Did somebody say Stars?

In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
Old 09-07-2005, 07:02 AM   #154
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I agree full heartedly with this...ladies, while under similar punishment guidelines, deserve to be treated with respect. What is said and in what mannor should be watched, as is it a reflection of your character and self-dignity...I dont believe i ever post vulgar posts, and certainly never at or around ladies, so you cant discredit me that i know of. Ive been at fofc for 5 years now and the board has slowly but surely lowered its standards of class and i think cursing at and slandering women is where we gentlemen should draw a line.

But how do we know who really is a female? Just because they say they are? its the fucking internet, and the net doesn't differentiate. Would I get a pass because I might claim to be a female? For all we know, capsicum could just be an account FN created so he could troll (not that I'm saying it is). Nobody really knows each other (except in a few cases), so it should be treated as such.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:03 AM   #155
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Shutup bitchtroll™.
Did you just call me a bitchtroll™?!?
Old 09-07-2005, 07:04 AM   #156
Bee
Pro Starter

If I create a new account as BitchTroll, do I have to pay Blackie a fee?
Old 09-07-2005, 07:05 AM   #157
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You need to pay SkyDog a bribe or he'll Suicane you to depths of the internet.

Old 09-07-2005, 07:06 AM   #158
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho
Completely OT, but yes, they make those. Some models of mice are asymmetric and curve to fit in one's hand. These sometimes also have a left-hand model which curves the other way to fit in a left hand.

Old 09-07-2005, 07:08 AM   #159
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Some of you people are weird.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:11 AM   #160
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Some of you people are weird.
PumpyTroll
Old 09-07-2005, 07:20 AM   #161
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Don't make me make my wife make me slander you.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 09-07-2005, 07:24 AM   #162
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Don't make me make my wife make me slander you.
My wife's 1st post would say something like: "What's with all the weird guys named _ubby?"
Old 09-07-2005, 07:34 AM   #163
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
But how do we know who really is a female? Just because they say they are? its the fucking internet, and the net doesn't differentiate. Would I get a pass because I might claim to be a female? For all we know, capsicum could just be an account FN created so he could troll (not that I'm saying it is). Nobody really knows each other (except in a few cases), so it should be treated as such.

That's a pretty good point. And for that matter, why should respect for women be the final litmus test for who should and shouldn't be suspended? Something is said about minorities on this board everyday that is borderline questionable, and doesn't get the board too riled up. What makes women a special case?

In the end, we should remember that FOFC is a multi-cultural place. People of every ethnicity, gender, class, orientation, etc., post here. We should strive to treat everyone here with dignity and respect. I believe civility is supposed to be a rule of the board. Perhaps another rule should be "we can be passionate and attack another person's argument as long as we take care not to attack the person".
Old 09-07-2005, 07:36 AM   #164
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

Oh. No. He. Diint.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:43 AM   #165
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinglerware
What makes women a special case?

They have boobies.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:48 AM   #166
Flasch186
Coordinator

vagina.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-07-2005, 07:55 AM   #167
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
vagina.
box him!
Old 09-07-2005, 07:55 AM   #168
miked
College Starter

Was she suspended for that foul post in the New Orleans thread concerning "a friend" of hers? If so, then what are people complaining about. That post was about a 75 on a scale of 1-5 in nastiness. Good riddance to bad trolls.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:57 AM   #169
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
box him!

I was scientifically answering the question its not like i said box. teehehee

..."go put that in that box, Suzie." hehehehehe

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 09-07-2005 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:00 AM   #170
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
Was she suspended for that foul post in the New Orleans thread concerning "a friend" of hers? If so, then what are people complaining about. That post was about a 75 on a scale of 1-5 in nastiness. Good riddance to bad trolls.

I could be wrong, but I think that may have been the post to put a nailgun in her coffin.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:02 AM   #171
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Or maybe it was the one where she said that people who thought the hurricane was brought on by god to wipe out the homosexuals and sinners were reasonable, and that maybe San Francisco would be next.

Personally I think it's a vendetta against anyone FN has relations with.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-07-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:12 AM   #172
miked
College Starter

Old 09-07-2005, 08:14 AM   #173
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i don't find any of this entertaining. this entire scenario is like a broken record. i'll reserve comments on who i think is wrong/right. but this isn't as entertaining as many think it is. quite redundant, actually.

i will say, knowing someone is a wife of a FOFC regular or not - if you know someone is a woman and you call that person a bitch or some other foul word, it just goes to show how little character and class you have to knowingly speak to a woman that way. hey, i'm no saint, but i don't walk around the FOFC clubhouse with my cock out and not think there's ladies in my presence. i know of about 5 or 6 female regulars here, most of them are someone's wife. if there ever was a time they were to anger me i wouldn't say anything bad to them not cuz they're someone's spouse but cuz they're ladies.

have some respect Blacky.

i say these things not with my tongue in my cheeck, but out of concern. i think we go down a very dark path once we make women fair game here. sure, you know what you're walking into if you get into a political debate, but let's all try to act like gentlemen (emphasis on the word *try*). you might say i post some rather vulgar things, but i don't ever direct it to a particular female poster and i would think by now people know what to expect from me so if they considered me offensive they could ignore me. but, no, i don't verbally attack women.

With all do respect, that's BS.

Ladies shouldn't get any special treatment here. Everyone should be under the same rules. Either it's OK to call somean A-Hole, an F'n moron, an idiot or insult someone without fear of box time or it isn't.

Am I dissapointed Black went there? Hell yes. I didn't think it was necessary to get his point across and I think the only point in continuing it was to piss off FN and Cap. I don't think it served any other purpose. Just as I don't see the need for you to interject your hatred of QS into every other thread.

Either all personal attacks are stopped or they aren't. If they aren't (and I believe a majority of the board feels they are just fine), then everyone gets to deal with it. No special protection needed.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:22 AM   #174
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
But if someone is being an asshole they're fair game to be called out for it, regardless--she lost her "lady" card.

so if a woman hits you i guess you think it's fair game to hit her back? very manly of you.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:24 AM   #175
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Internet boards are not physical. Try again.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:32 AM   #176
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I didn't see Capsicum's post...however, regardless of male or female, when someone personally attacks someone else's known wife, I would expect retaliatory action against that person.

Blood is thicker than water, and regardless of whether my wife was right or wrong, I would back her up in public. In private it may be different, but to do nothing in the face of your spouse is absolutely horrible. I don't fault Franklin for defending his wife.

This thread, though, is a little overboard...

but very entertaining
Old 09-07-2005, 08:33 AM   #177
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Internet boards are not physical. Try again.

hypothetical question you drooling retard. i have little respect for people who think it's ok to treat a woman like you would a man.

this topic now officially bores me. i wash my hands of this.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:43 AM   #178
Butter
Coordinator

Can you give out negative stars for a thread? If so, how many?
Old 09-07-2005, 08:48 AM   #179
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
hypothetical question you drooling retard. i have little respect for people who think it's ok to treat a woman like you would a man.

Troll, I'm reporting you to Skydog!!!

Not really

Old 09-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #180
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Blood is thicker than water, and regardless of whether my wife was right or wrong, I would back her up in public. In private it may be different, but to do nothing in the face of your spouse is absolutely horrible. I don't fault Franklin for defending his wife.

Umm....so are you like married to your cousin or something?

Old 09-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #181
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Wasn't Blackie a mod? If so, a banning is out of the question.

Burn the newb, however.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:04 AM   #182
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

dola...you can only hit a woman if she's a snitch.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #183
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Blackadar, I am just curious, what just took you over the top? And can you do so without the lighter.

In the past week, I saw a number of flare ups and I don't know if it has to do with a slight tilt on the planet's axis, the right alignment of stars in the galaxy, or group PMS, but it has been a while when I have seen a number of locked threads and typographical abuse.

Last edited by Antmeister : 09-07-2005 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:18 AM   #184
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
Umm....so are you like married to your cousin or something?

Uhhhhhhh....no. I can see where that would be misconstrued. Meant that family is more important than some "friends" you meet on an internet message board (for a text-sim). My bad.

There's nothing to see here...move along, move along.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:18 AM   #185
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
Yup.

We can tell people to "f** off" or "f*** you".
We can call people "a**holes", "idiots" or "morons".
We can talk about screwing a sandwich.
We can threaten physical violence, repeatedly.
We can belittle and demean.

Ooh, but call someone a "bitchtroll" (if you want to blame me for something, at least get the term right) and Franklin gets all bent out of shape.

You want to fix this board? Leave.

I don't owe Capsicum any deference just because she's your wife. She's just another member - and a piss poor one at that. I'm glad she's gone and if you choose to follow, that's your business. The problem is that you seem to think that I should defer to her because she's your wife. Guess what? I don't - and that's your problem to deal with, not mine.

because you just call em like you see em, right?

No mention of that here, I'm disaapointed
Old 09-07-2005, 09:18 AM   #186
Raiders Army
Coordinator

These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:22 AM   #187
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
Blackadar, I am just curious, what just took you over the top? And can you do so without the lighter.

In the past week, I saw a number of flare ups and I don't know if it has to do with a slight tilt on the planet's axis, the right alignment of stars in the galaxy, or group PMS, but it has been a while when I have seen a number of locked threads and typographical abuse.

I would, but there's a couple of issues:

1. The original threads have been locked, edited and posts deleted, so it's quite impossible to try to accurately recreate the fiasco of Capsicum. Nor do I feel like doing so. You can see from the 5 previous pages of this thread that the vast majority of posters feel much the same way.

2. Even if I could, I feel that it would just reignite the flames. There's no way of trying to recreate it without doing so and it's probably a bad idea to even try.

3. I never went over the top. I just simply called a Spade a Spade. And Franklin (not surprisingly) blew a gasket. I fully expected Franklin to rush to defend his wife. That doesn't change the fact that I'm right.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:22 AM   #188
rkmsuf
Head Coach

this is a nerdfest
Old 09-07-2005, 09:28 AM   #189
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
I would, but there's a couple of issues:

1. The original threads have been locked, edited and posts deleted, so it's quite impossible to try to accurately recreate the fiasco of Capsicum. Nor do I feel like doing so. You can see from the 5 previous pages of this thread that the vast majority of posters feel much the same way.

2. Even if I could, I feel that it would just reignite the flames. There's no way of trying to recreate it without doing so and it's probably a bad idea to even try.

3. I never went over the top. I just simply called a Spade a Spade. And Franklin (not surprisingly) blew a gasket. I fully expected Franklin to rush to defend his wife. That doesn't change the fact that I'm right.

Oh, I read a number of those posts and I understand your frustrations but I was just wondering which post struck a nerve with you.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #190
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
this is a nerdfest
Well, it is now.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:39 AM   #191
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, it is now.

HAR!

you are all beotches
Old 09-07-2005, 09:45 AM   #192
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
HAR!

you are all beotches

Would they be trollbeotches or just regular, ole plain beotches?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 09-07-2005, 09:46 AM   #193
rkmsuf
Head Coach

trollizzle bitchillzles my nizzle

Last edited by rkmsuf : 09-07-2005 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:52 AM   #194
RendeR
Coordinator

I have to say, some of the shyte flowing in this thread is really hard to believe.

A) Man or Woman, if you spout ignorant shit on a message board, you deserve to get your ass handed to you on a platter.

B) I disagree that just because she's his wife he has to defend her. If Telle were to spout ignorant shit in the hateful and trollish manner that Caps has done in her first 50 posts, I'd be ripping her a new ass on and OFF the board for being a moron.

C) Blackie got pissed off and went a bit overboard, yes. He could at least stop repeating himself, its really ruining the effect of his insult.

D) finally, Franklin: If you can't open your eyes and see just how much damage your wife has done to an already injured community, perhaps you need to take a leave for awhile. yes, she is your wife, yes, she is a troll. You can't sit there and honestly argue against 99.9% of the community. How many people have stated they think she's in the wrong? How many have agreed with her. I can't keep track of the first, but I've seen only 2 of the latter, you and JiMG, and to be quite frank(no pun intended) that ought to give you a freaking clue.

But it won't because you're as biased as anyone can ever be and you don't really care about facts, as long as you don't get your feelings hurt.

Sad isn't it.

Last edited by RendeR : 09-07-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:52 AM   #195
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

What if it was a woman who used to be a man?

It's differnet from internet then in real-life. Big difference. You don't know who's who.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:01 AM   #196
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
B) I disagree that just because she's his wife he has to defend her. If Telle were to spout ignorant shit in the hateful and trollish manner that Caps has done in her first 50 posts, I'd be ripping her a new ass on and OFF the board for being a moron.

I agree completely. If someone attacked me personally on the board, and I had brought it on myself, as capsicum did, radii would not defend me. He might tell me that it was a little overboard to get personal, but he would also tell me that I should have known better.

I wouldn't want someone to defend me if I didn't deserve it. I am a big girl and can take care of myself...except when I am scared of the dark
Old 09-07-2005, 10:06 AM   #197
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
I am a big girl and can take care of myself...except when I am scared of the dark

You can always come snuggle with us if you get afraid when its dark
Old 09-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #198
Flasch186
Coordinator

i just threw up in my mouth....a lil.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 09-07-2005, 10:10 AM   #199
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
i just threw up in my mouth....a lil.
Don't take so much of it in next time.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:12 AM   #200
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Don't take so much of it in next time.

He shoots, he SCORES!!

Last edited by RendeR : 09-07-2005 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Wow, that sounds bad......oh well ;)
Closed Thread