Old 09-27-2005, 11:55 PM   #151
kingfc22
Head Coach

Going into the 9th. Pads still up by 3.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:38 AM   #152
SackAttack
Head Coach

That's game.

I'm heartbroken that Barry won't get to play in the postseason, really.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 01:06 AM   #153
AgustusM
College Prospect

I think that about wraps it up, Sabean has a lot of work to do in the off-season. If he thinks Barry will be back and that will be enough we will be struggling to even make the playoffs again.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:54 AM   #154
Buccaneer
Head Coach

w00t! Figured it would be a game like this after seeing the first 2+ innings. Pads bullpen finally came through in a big way.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:41 PM   #155
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Darn. Tough loss last night. Tomko stunk it up. Well, they're still mathematically alive
Old 09-28-2005, 08:28 PM   #156
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

At least we won't have to see Tomko in a Giants uniform again.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:25 PM   #157
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Schmidt appears wild tonight.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:32 PM   #158
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Pads had 1st and 2nd no one out and got them both in, plus Ramon got hit by pitch.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:41 PM   #159
kingfc22
Head Coach

Well, at least we'll finish ahead of the Dodgers.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 09-28-2005 at 11:42 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:54 AM   #160
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Well, at least we'll finish ahead of the Dodgers.

Be careful -- that's not a surety, and the way we've played yesterday and today I wouldn't put anything past us.

That being said, this was one heck of a shitty year, and we had no right to even have ANYTHING to hope for this late in the year.

Thank you Randy Winn for being the loony-toons-esque character who would run off the cliff not bothering to realize that he should be falling as he tried his damndest to carry this team to the postseason. (credit for this to Grant from www.mccoveychronicles.com -- great Giants blog)

Thank you Omar Vizquel for playing damned fine defense all year.

Thank you J.T. Snow for giving it everything you had on every play, to the point of denting a camera with your jaw trying to catch a foul ball three rows deep.

Thank you Barry Bonds for trying to gut it out and play even though it was probably a terrible idea for your career's longevity.

Thank you Lance Niekro (kind of ), Jeremy Accardo, Jack Taschner, Scott Munter, Noah Lowry and Matt Cain for giving us hope for the future.

Next year we have a shot at being a pretty good team, injuries notwithstanding...let's keep the hope alive for one more year that we can get Barry a ring.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:01 AM   #161
kingfc22
Head Coach

"It's a good thing he didn't challenge Ryan Klesko. Klesko is, after all, hitting above .240, and has so much confidence in his power he throws a temper tantrum after every long flyball. It takes four M.I.T. students to unbunch his Rubik's Cube-esque undies every time he blames Petco Park for his own failings."

A quote from the blog that Vince noted in the previous post regarding Tomko's start on Tuesday night.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:24 AM   #162
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Thank you Randy Winn for being the loony-toons-esque character who would run off the cliff not bothering to realize that he should be falling as he tried his damndest to carry this team to the postseason. (credit for this to Grant from www.mccoveychronicles.com -- great Giants blog)

Thank you Omar Vizquel for playing damned fine defense all year.

Thank you J.T. Snow for giving it everything you had on every play, to the point of denting a camera with your jaw trying to catch a foul ball three rows deep.

Thank you Barry Bonds for trying to gut it out and play even though it was probably a terrible idea for your career's longevity.

Thank you Lance Niekro (kind of ), Jeremy Accardo, Jack Taschner, Scott Munter, Noah Lowry and Matt Cain for giving us hope for the future.

Next year we have a shot at being a pretty good team, injuries notwithstanding...let's keep the hope alive for one more year that we can get Barry a ring.

Well said. Mike Matheny also deserves a big nod for the gold glove defense and surprisingly solid bat while playing nearly every day.

A rough year for the Giants but they took the season series from the Dodgers and almost certainly will finish ahead of them.

The 4th place Dodgers...I really like the sound of that.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:38 AM   #163
Vince
Pro Starter

Good point.

Thank you Mike Matheny, for proving me and countless other fans wrong when we were completely and totally outraged at your signing. You have slowly become one of my favorite Giants, even if the contract is still a stupid thing.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 09-29-2005 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:48 AM   #164
kingfc22
Head Coach

Matheny was the man for us during clutch situations this season. He always got the big hit.

Unlike Pedro Feliz who swings at the first pitch every single time we need a sac fly, but he pops out or hits a soft grounder. Grrrr.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:13 AM   #165
Vince
Pro Starter

You know, the later the season got, the more I saw J.T. Snow making horrible swings at the first pitch, or reaching for a very bad 3-1 pitch and having terrible things come of it. I wonder if he was just pressing, or if he's truly done at the plate.