Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2007, 02:04 PM   #151
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
That's it. I'm calling off our wedding.

Dude, less posting, more franchise playing. I'm dying to know if you automatically get fired around Game 70.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #152
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
In my 6-1 loss to the Rangers, there were about 6 or 7 penalties called, not counting a couple of fighting majors.
Cool. Should I just assume that the fighting is stupid and annoying like it has been in every hockey game since NHL 93?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #153
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Cool. Should I just assume that the fighting is stupid and annoying like it has been in every hockey game since NHL 93?
It's absolutely horrible.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #154
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
It's absolutely horrible.
Does it also have absolutely no concept of who fights and who doesn't, so you get Patrick Elias vs. Tomas Kaberle matchups?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #155
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Does it also have absolutely no concept of who fights and who doesn't, so you get Patrick Elias vs. Tomas Kaberle matchups?
I don't think it's that bad. Colin White was on my side of the fight. I don't remember who I was fighting against, but isn't pretty much everybody on the Rangers team besides Jagr and Drury willing to fight?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #156
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Dola

I'm joking about all the Rangers fighting, although I would laugh my ass off if Petr Prucha dropped the gloves.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #157
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Franchise impressions? From what I've been seeing about both hockey games this year, 2k7 has a great franchise mode but the rest of the game is meh, while NHL from EA plays great...but nothing is mentioned about franchise.

What are you finding?
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #158
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

2k8 is deeper.. I believe, but it does not have the AHL teams, which I absolutely love in NHL 08.

Honestly, I can't wait to play the NHL 2k8 demo just to see how it plays and I think Troy loved 2k7 last year, so I would play both demos once 2k8 drops and see which one you like best. Like last year, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

I'll get around to 2k8 at some point, but my franchise is going to be with NHL 08. I really need to improve though.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:36 PM   #159
Icy
Pro Starter

Just tried the NHL08 PS3 demo for a game and i have mixed feelings. The framerate is great, can't see any slowdown so that fear is gone. But the graphics, compared with the PC version look like "washed out". There is for sure way more detail and animations that in the PC version, but i'm not sure... the PC version look more cartoonish, but the colors are more vibrant...

I had the same feeling with madden 08 and with the nba live 08 demo, the players look like overlays put over the field/stadium, but not really merged unless you have a real close view where the full details can be appreciated.

I'm going to wait a few days before purchasing it, to see if franchise bugs are reported. In the mean time, the PC version is really fun and well done for those that don't have a 360/Ps3. The PC version also has the AHL, but not playable in franchise mode, only in season mode.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #160
rowech
Pro Starter

I suck at this game but man is it fun to play. I lose with Calgary 3-0, 3-0, and 5-2 to Minnesota and then lose 3-2 versus Columbus before finally breaking through with a 2-1 win over same Columbus team.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #161
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just had a game that shows the most substancial difference between 07 and 08. I am using LA vs Boston and Manny Fernandez stands on his head for the Bruins, turning away 41 shots for a shutout. In NHL 07 41 shots is good for 3 or 4 goals that should never go in.

Totally awesome
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #162
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

In other news... I'm still getting my ass handed to me.......on PRO level!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #163
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Welp, just got the red ring of death. I'm done for a few weeks.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:46 PM   #164
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Gamespot's review is up:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...ml?sid=6178761

It got a very good 8.5 and the following summary line:

EA's latest NHL title creates one of the most legitimately exciting interpretations of the sport you've ever played.

I wasn't planning on getting any hockey game this year, but if you guys are still praising this game in a week and the franchise doesn't have any huge problems, I'm going to pick this up.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #165
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

NHL2K8 (the 2K Sports version) got absolutely savaged by 1up. They tore it apart in a podcast (hate the control scheme), 1 UP posted a rebuttal on their developer's blog (hosted by 1up)..

and then 1up gave NHL2K8 a 4/10.

4/10??

Even in these days of not quite-so-inflated scores, I thought you got 5/10 if your game booted and didn't destroy the console!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:57 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
NHL2K8 (the 2K Sports version) got absolutely savaged by 1up. They tore it apart in a podcast (hate the control scheme), 1 UP posted a rebuttal on their developer's blog (hosted by 1up)..

and then 1up gave NHL2K8 a 4/10.

4/10??

Even in these days of not quite-so-inflated scores, I thought you got 5/10 if your game booted and didn't destroy the console!

Most other sites are giving NHL2k8 good scores. At least early on, fans on OS are saying that both games are very good. What is interesting is that a good portion of self proclaimed die hard NHL 2k fans are saying they prefer NHL 2008 for the first time this year.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-13-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #167
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

You know what I'm most upset about? It's not so much that my 360 is dead (although that sucks bigtime). It's that I didn't get to put the RBK Edge code in to see the Devils' new sweaters. Fuck.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:52 AM   #168
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Gamespot's review is up:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...ml?sid=6178761

It got a very good 8.5 and the following summary line:

EA's latest NHL title creates one of the most legitimately exciting interpretations of the sport you've ever played.

I wasn't planning on getting any hockey game this year, but if you guys are still praising this game in a week and the franchise doesn't have any huge problems, I'm going to pick this up.

I dont' know about franchise but I can guarantee you won't be unhappy with the game itself. The sounds and announcing add a lot to this game in creating atmosphere. (football games can take note) The play is smooth, not a glitch at all so far after five games. (although I'm sure there's got to be some somewhere)
Old 09-14-2007, 07:47 AM   #169
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Played a bit more last night. I'm still apparently the only person on the planet who doesn't love the new cpu offensive ai. Yes, it's very cool to see them move the puck and finish with a one-timer. I just wish they'd do it on a shift where my guys decided to actually move. Sorry to sound like a spoilsport, but it really feels like the game decides it's going to score and sends the defence into operation shutdown mode for the rest of the shift.

Once the cpu starts firing those passes around, it's like "ok, now my defenceman will stand still... yep... and the slot will become wide open... yep... and... here comes the goal..."

That said, I got to play online for the first time against a guy I know and it was wicked fun. A couple of lags but otherwise exactly like playing in person.

Last thing, I'm still seeing almost no penalties when playing the cpu. I think it may have to do with the fact that I don't really know a lot of the defensive controls yet -- I can hit and pokecheck but haven't worked in the diving or blocking yet, or any of the stickwork. So I could see how I may get fewer penalties, but why don't my teammates get them, not to mention the cpu players? Odd.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:48 AM   #170
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Maple Leafs, I forgot to mention that I had maxed out the penalties slider. If you haven't done that, I think you should.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:49 AM   #171
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Maple Leafs, I forgot to mention that I had maxed out the penalties slider. If you haven't done that, I think you should.
Yeah, already done, it's usually the first thing I do with a new hockey game.

By the way, where do you enter the reebok codes? I tried to choose the new uniforms and the game said "you need the code". OK, I have it. What do I do with it?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #172
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

For anyone wanting to see all the new jerseys as shown in the game: http://www.fartfignewton.com/rbk_edge/
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #173
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:

By the way, where do you enter the reebok codes? I tried to choose the new uniforms and the game said "you need the code". OK, I have it. What do I do with it?
If I remember correctly, go to "My NHL08" at the main menu, and then there should be a selection called "RBK Edge." Pick that and it'll ask for the code. Then, put the controller down and go look at your computer screen to jot down the code. Go back to your Xbox 360 and it should be locked up. Turn the system off, then turn it back on. You'll see three flashing red lights. Say a curse word and call Microsoft customer support immediately.

Or at least that's everything that I did.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:29 AM   #174
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It's down in the menu tree towards the bottom, forget where exactly, but it's from the main screen in one of the sub menus.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #175
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Played a bit more last night. I'm still apparently the only person on the planet who doesn't love the new cpu offensive ai. Yes, it's very cool to see them move the puck and finish with a one-timer. I just wish they'd do it on a shift where my guys decided to actually move. Sorry to sound like a spoilsport, but it really feels like the game decides it's going to score and sends the defence into operation shutdown mode for the rest of the shift.

Once the cpu starts firing those passes around, it's like "ok, now my defenceman will stand still... yep... and the slot will become wide open... yep... and... here comes the goal..."

That said, I got to play online for the first time against a guy I know and it was wicked fun. A couple of lags but otherwise exactly like playing in person.

Last thing, I'm still seeing almost no penalties when playing the cpu. I think it may have to do with the fact that I don't really know a lot of the defensive controls yet -- I can hit and pokecheck but haven't worked in the diving or blocking yet, or any of the stickwork. So I could see how I may get fewer penalties, but why don't my teammates get them, not to mention the cpu players? Odd.

Penalties seem fine to me so far.

On defense, what I've been doing is taking control of one of my offensive players and letting the CPU handle my defensive players. Seems to work better for me.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:34 AM   #176
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
If I remember correctly, go to "My NHL08" at the main menu, and then there should be a selection called "RBK Edge." Pick that and it'll ask for the code. Then, put the controller down and go look at your computer screen to jot down the code. Go back to your Xbox 360 and it should be locked up. Turn the system off, then turn it back on. You'll see three flashing red lights. Say a curse word and call Microsoft customer support immediately.
EA is taking their simulation of the Devils' neutral zone trap too far.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:58 AM   #177
Capital
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Just tried the NHL08 PS3 demo for a game and i have mixed feelings. The framerate is great, can't see any slowdown so that fear is gone. But the graphics, compared with the PC version look like "washed out". There is for sure way more detail and animations that in the PC version, but i'm not sure... the PC version look more cartoonish, but the colors are more vibrant...

I had the same feeling with madden 08 and with the nba live 08 demo, the players look like overlays put over the field/stadium, but not really merged unless you have a real close view where the full details can be appreciated.

I'm going to wait a few days before purchasing it, to see if franchise bugs are reported. In the mean time, the PC version is really fun and well done for those that don't have a 360/Ps3. The PC version also has the AHL, but not playable in franchise mode, only in season mode.

I don't have a 360/PS3 but do have a nice PC and I'm considering getting this game for the PC. I haven't played for a couple of years, but I remember franchise mode requiring all 82 games. Is there a way this year to shorten franchise mode to a reasonable number of game - 13, 26, 32, etc?
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #178
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
I don't have a 360/PS3 but do have a nice PC and I'm considering getting this game for the PC. I haven't played for a couple of years, but I remember franchise mode requiring all 82 games. Is there a way this year to shorten franchise mode to a reasonable number of game - 13, 26, 32, etc?

I have not seen that option, what i do is to play one game and sim 1, that way you play around 40 games. If i reach the playoffs, i'll play all them, if i have zero chances to reach them, i might sim more games.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #179
Capital
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I have not seen that option, what i do is to play one game and sim 1, that way you play around 40 games. If i reach the playoffs, i'll play all them, if i have zero chances to reach them, i might sim more games.

That's what I did when they first rolled franchise mode out a few years ago. A little damper but I'm considering it. Another question, can you use an accelerated clock. In other words (set the period length to 6 minutes) but have the game clock count down from 20:00 (count down is much faster)? It was a nice feature back in the day because penalties were pro-rated. If you only play 5 minute periods, a penalty is really 40% of a actual game period.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #180
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital View Post
That's what I did when they first rolled franchise mode out a few years ago. A little damper but I'm considering it. Another question, can you use an accelerated clock. In other words (set the period length to 6 minutes) but have the game clock count down from 20:00 (count down is much faster)? It was a nice feature back in the day because penalties were pro-rated. If you only play 5 minute periods, a penalty is really 40% of a actual game period.

Yes, i play 5 minutes periods but the clock shows 20 minutes that go faster, the penalties are well scaled to the 5 minutes and this must be the default settings as i didn't touch anything to get it to work. Btw, there are already some current roster files and rbk uniforms by the mods community (that is one of the beauties of PC gaming).

Old 09-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #181
Icy
Pro Starter

Dola, here you can find more opinions and info about mods:

http://www.sportsgamer.com/forums/forum967/

Old 09-14-2007, 02:17 PM   #182
Capital
High School Varsity

Icy, thanks for all information. Your graphical work has been appreciated over the years - as I have used a number of your creations. I remember back in the day in EAs NHLxx, but I used to download arenas (boards ads, ice graphics, etc) for all of the teams. Downloaded them and seeing how they look in gameplay was oftentimes more fun than playing the game.

Then, EA decided to lump all arenas together and made it too much of a pain to execute.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #183
GoDukes
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Just had a game that shows the most substancial difference between 07 and 08. I am using LA vs Boston and Manny Fernandez stands on his head for the Bruins, turning away 41 shots for a shutout. In NHL 07 41 shots is good for 3 or 4 goals that should never go in.

Totally awesome

At the same time last night I was playing against Vancouver and took a shot from right outside the blueline on Luongo and it knuckled and got by him. Only time Ive had a really bad goal scored in 5 games, and it was awesome. "If it's in the game..." lol
GoDukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #184
Icy
Pro Starter

Sorry Capital, after paying more atention i must say that the 20 minutes periods are scaleld to the time you choose to play, but the penalties are not correctly scaled, i think they go faster than real seconds too, but not as fast as the period clock for 5 minutes scaled periods.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #185
Ironhead
College Prospect

Spent some time with the demo and I like it. I had a really nice tick-tack-toe play to score my first goal.

I haven't been hardcore into a hockey game since NHL 96. I still remember playing in an online league with that game. The away team would play the first period of the game, save it, and then zip up all the files and the home team would finish the last two. It definitely required an honor system but it was a ton of fun.

If this one keeps getting good praise I might have to pick it up.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:26 PM   #186
heybrad
Norm!!!

You guys are killing my wallet. I just got back from picking this up. Now I have to kick my wife off the TV.

How long before we work on setting up an online league? Hockey has always been my dream online league game.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #187
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

From what I've read, the online league simply tracks wins, losses, and OT losses. No stat tracking at all. Just a heads up.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #188
WSR
Mascot

I also bought this game today, after buying Madden 08 last week. $120 in less than a week!
WSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:09 PM   #189
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
As long as you can make #99 bleed, I'm all over this game!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #190
heybrad
Norm!!!

I've played 3 games now. The first game took me a while to get used to the controls (it's been a while since I had a hockey game). I had some frustrating moments trying to snap off some wristers, but that will come with time.

I'm only playing on pro right now, but it's a bit too easy to set up in the offensive zone. It almost had a power play feel once I brought the puck in the zone.

Two of my games went to shootouts and the CPU couldn't score on any of them. That's a bit disturbing.

Overall, it plays a great game of hockey so far.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #191
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Had some guys over tonight and played the demo for a bit. We scored about 2 goals in 5 games. I've been setting up one-timers ad nauseum but still fail to score. Kinda felt like soccer. Still, we had a lot of fun just playng for that short time we had.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #192
TroyF
Coordinator

Bought the game tonight and played about 6 games.

The Good:

Gameplay seems great.
Varied goal scoring, which is nice.
Graphics are terrific.
Commentary is solid.
The game isn't easy.

The Meh:

I guess I don't understand the fuss about the shot stick. It's nice, but it doesn't get me out of my seat either. The stick works perfectly and the control is smooth. I like it slightly better than 2K7, so I'm not insulting it. I just don't think it's cause for celebration in the streets.

I went 3-3. I played on pro difficulty and only changed the penalty slider. (to max) I played as the Avs. I played the Stars twice, the Predators twice and the Sabres twice. I split against each team. While that is good, it's also bad. Let me explain. . . I was stomped 8-1 by the Preds in my first game. Beat them 3-1 in my second. Beat the Stars 5-1 first time, lost 6-0 in my second. The problem? I don't know what the hell I did differently each game. I don't have the control scheme down and didn't do a lot of deking or anything like that. I didn't change the options from default and let the AI sub out my lines. I played defense the same way in every game and the same goalie played each game. Each game was at home.

Now, I love the fact the game doesn't play the same way each game. It'd suck royally if it did. My problem is that I have no idea why I won or lost these games so convincingly. In one game I can get off any shot I want, in another I can't even move the puck up the ice. Is there a something I'm missing here?

I doubt I'll buy both hockey games. This is probably my only purchase, especially with NBA2K8 coming out in a few weeks. This will tide me over and is a solid game. I don't think it's a revolutionary breakthrough in hockey games. Maybe that's just me an my lack of hockey knowledge. I could be way off base here.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:12 AM   #193
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Had some guys over tonight and played the demo for a bit. We scored about 2 goals in 5 games. I've been setting up one-timers ad nauseum but still fail to score. Kinda felt like soccer. Still, we had a lot of fun just playng for that short time we had.

I've now learned that my strategy of nothing but one-timers simply doesn't work. You have to do other stuff or you won't score goals.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #194
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Bought the game tonight and played about 6 games.

The Good:

Gameplay seems great.
Varied goal scoring, which is nice.
Graphics are terrific.
Commentary is solid.
The game isn't easy.

The Meh:

I guess I don't understand the fuss about the shot stick. It's nice, but it doesn't get me out of my seat either. The stick works perfectly and the control is smooth. I like it slightly better than 2K7, so I'm not insulting it. I just don't think it's cause for celebration in the streets.

I went 3-3. I played on pro difficulty and only changed the penalty slider. (to max) I played as the Avs. I played the Stars twice, the Predators twice and the Sabres twice. I split against each team. While that is good, it's also bad. Let me explain. . . I was stomped 8-1 by the Preds in my first game. Beat them 3-1 in my second. Beat the Stars 5-1 first time, lost 6-0 in my second. The problem? I don't know what the hell I did differently each game. I don't have the control scheme down and didn't do a lot of deking or anything like that. I didn't change the options from default and let the AI sub out my lines. I played defense the same way in every game and the same goalie played each game. Each game was at home.

Now, I love the fact the game doesn't play the same way each game. It'd suck royally if it did. My problem is that I have no idea why I won or lost these games so convincingly. In one game I can get off any shot I want, in another I can't even move the puck up the ice. Is there a something I'm missing here?

I doubt I'll buy both hockey games. This is probably my only purchase, especially with NBA2K8 coming out in a few weeks. This will tide me over and is a solid game. I don't think it's a revolutionary breakthrough in hockey games. Maybe that's just me an my lack of hockey knowledge. I could be way off base here.

It's hockey and games like that happen. Bump it up to AS difficulty to "really" play the game like it was meant to be played. That's when the stick collision gets turned on as well as the CPU AI gets kicked up.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #195
TroyF
Coordinator

Mizzou,

Cmon man, my hockey knowledge isn't exceptional, but I should be able to know why I'm getting my ass kicked or kicking ass. I've played some games this morning, including a couple on all star. Same thing. I can't tell the difference in my teams play if I win 3-2 or lose 8-1. I should be able to realize that I made some bad passes, rushed some shots, etc. I can't. One game I get 30+ shots while my opponent is dominated, the next I get 8 and my opponent dominates me.

Oh well.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #196
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I've now learned that my strategy of nothing but one-timers simply doesn't work. You have to do other stuff or you won't score goals.

Thanks, I'll have to give that a shot. (no pun intended)
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #197
rowech
Pro Starter

I've come to the conclusion that I either suck or this games AI really is as good as advertised. There are games where I barely even get shots off because of how good the defense is that I'm playing. Four games into a dynasty and I've restarted already. I have the thing set on All-Star but might have to scale back to Pro. Typical losses are 4-1 or 5-1. I did have a 3-2 loss in there.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #198
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Mizzou,

Cmon man, my hockey knowledge isn't exceptional, but I should be able to know why I'm getting my ass kicked or kicking ass. I've played some games this morning, including a couple on all star. Same thing. I can't tell the difference in my teams play if I win 3-2 or lose 8-1. I should be able to realize that I made some bad passes, rushed some shots, etc. I can't. One game I get 30+ shots while my opponent is dominated, the next I get 8 and my opponent dominates me.

Oh well.

I don't understand what the problem is? It's hockey.. I see the Blues dominate a team like the Blackhawks in RL 4-1 and then the next game, they lose 6-0.

In the game, when I play the Rangers, I know I have to be on my game, if it's the Blue Jackets, I can make more mistakes. It's a game of constant action, up and down the ice. Something could happen at any given moment.

There is so much action, anything can change the outcome of a game. Football and Baseball have easy to pick out game changing moments, hockey.. not so much.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:18 AM   #199
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I've come to the conclusion that I either suck or this games AI really is as good as advertised. There are games where I barely even get shots off because of how good the defense is that I'm playing. Four games into a dynasty and I've restarted already. I have the thing set on All-Star but might have to scale back to Pro. Typical losses are 4-1 or 5-1. I did have a 3-2 loss in there.

I've played a bunch of games on Pro and now I'm playing on AS, but playing against AHL teams to learn the game on this difficulty setting. It's definitely a much different game this year.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #200
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Franchise impressions?
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote