Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2006, 12:32 AM   #151
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Head 'em up...move 'em out.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:17 PM   #152
moriarty
College Starter

Crap, just caught up to find that PFC Minor is lost from the group.

Ah well, don't worry about me, I'll be kicking ass with the 82nd, blowing up some bridges and turning PFC Minor into a Major Minor.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #153
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
Crap, just caught up to find that PFC Minor is lost from the group.

Ah well, don't worry about me, I'll be kicking ass with the 82nd, blowing up some bridges and turning PFC Minor into a Major Minor.

roger roger. when the mission ends, we'll find out the ultimate fate of pfc minor.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:21 AM   #154
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

At 0310, the platoon came out of a hedgerow, and the pointman "Chief" Neeley saw someone lying down in a pasture about twenty yards away. He immediately dropped down and signaled the platoon to stop. He tried to make out the figure, but it was too dark to identify him. He stared at him, and covered it with his rifle. Meanwhile, he motioned to the man behind him; single, prone, southeast, cover me. The platoon began to fan out.

Lt. Billy Nolan moved to take the right flank, when he looked down a path between the hedges and spotted another man, this time in a field about thirty yards to the northeast. He seemed to be looking in the direction of the prone man in the pasture. Nolan dropped to a crouch and drew a bead on the shadow. His eyes adjusted to the shadows, and he was able to pick up the outline of a Nazi battle helmet on his target. He aimed and fired at it.
The first shot went high, but he snapped off a quick second shot with his carbine. The figured groaned and went down into the hole it was standing in. The prone figure in the field was looking back at them. Then, after a long pause, it began to crawl toward them.

Nolan looked at Muelhoff.
"I think he's one of ours." he whispered. Muelhoff nodded and spread the word. Neeley kept a bead on him, but waited for him to get closer before reacting. The guy probably didn't know exactly where they were, so he was in control. If this guy was a jerry, he'd turn out his lights before he could get a shot of.
The crawling figure was twenty yards away and crawling as fast as it could.
The figure stopped as shots rang out from the north. Nolan dove to the ground as bullets tore up the ground around him. The gun sounded like a light machine gun, but it was obvious that they knew where the shots had come from that had hit their buddy, and they were going to send back a parting gift.

Captain Kitchen pressed through the thick trees and spotted a figure in the same hole as Nolan's target. He saw that Nolan was pinned, and so he decided to try to get the German to put his head down. He aimed at the target and pulled the trigger.

And he heard a snap. He opened the bolt of his M2 carbine and saw that the firing pin was bent. The gun was finished. He stared helplessly at Nolan as he moved to pull a grenade out of his webbing.

Master Sargeant Peterson found the German at the same time Kitchen did. He also decided to try to get the German to keep his head down, so he fired off a few shots at the foxhole that the German was in. Bullets richoched off of the berm around it...and the German threw his weapon out. In heavily accented English, he shouted "I surrender!" and put his hands behind his head. Son of a bitch, Peterson thought, I guess you do get lucky sometimes. He chuckled as he thought about his nickname, Lucky, and how it was earning it's pay tonight.

Meanwhile, Neeley let the crawler close to within ten feet of him. He still couldn't make out the figure enought to tell friend from foe, and he was beginning to think that this wasn't such a swell idea. Seconds later, he heard a loud whisper from the darkness, "Thunder!"
He allowed himself to relax a bit. "Flash!" he called back quietly. "Who is that?"
From out of the darkness, he saw his friend Fish Murphy appear.
"Hey Chief," he said, a huge grin on his blackened face. "Oh, it's great to see you!"
Neeley lowered his rifle and moved to meet his friend. "Glad you made it, buddy! Let go see what the others are into."
The nodded to each other and ran off to join the rest of the platoon.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:50 AM   #155
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Wow. Way to leave us behind, Jeebs.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:13 PM   #156
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Ok, you have another choice to make, gang!

You have a german prisoner. After he's questioned, is he going to be killed, or will you detain him in some fashion?

And who's going to kill him, if that's the route you take?
Old 06-18-2006, 04:55 PM   #157
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

detain.. we're better then them. UNLESS it will ruin our mission if we don't.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:26 PM   #158
st.cronin
General Manager

no sense wasting bullets on a kraut

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #159
st.cronin
General Manager

btw

I don't think you can take prisoners with you in this game. But there's no harm in disarming them and leaving them behind.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:44 PM   #160
thealmighty
Pro Starter

How are we supposed to detain him, tie him to a tree with an apple in his mouth?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:30 AM   #161
kingfc22
Head Coach

Thanks guys. Way to shoot at me. How bout we use some of that aggression on the Kraut.

I say keel him.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:29 AM   #162
Groundhog
Coordinator

Kill him dead. Hasn't anyone seen Shaving Ryan's Privates?
Old 06-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #163
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Sorry, bud. We have authority by command to not take prisoners, and he's a liability to our mission if he lives.

Cut his throat and move on.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:42 PM   #164
thealmighty
Pro Starter

WWJBD?

what would Jack Bauer do? I think we know the answer to that.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #165
JeffNights
College Prospect

Well, I have been itching to try this kar-98 I picked up..
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #166
Travis
Pro Rookie

dump him, we've already cost ourselves enough time with the jumbled landings, we need to roll!
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #167
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

I think our captain is taking a whiz. Maybe Jerry got him?

Can we shoot the prisoner in the foot and let him go? Or is it just a kill or not kill?

If we can't be creative, I say let him go.

(On a side note, I won't be around much until the back half of July. I'll catch up then. Good luck, men.)
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:17 AM   #168
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Captain has been AWOL since friday. Four days without FOFC has got to be his record.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #169
JeeberD
General Manager

Sorry, that lovely French lass wouldn't let me get away from her. Man, I'm exhausted...

We don't kill prisoners here, gentlemen. Since my gun is toast, I'll take his efficient little machine gun and if we have some extra rope handy well tie him up and leave him behind...keeping him out of our way until the mission is over.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:37 PM   #170
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

The German was searched and disarmed. He was packing some pretty heavy firepower: an FG-42 automatic rifle and a panzerfaust. Kitchen moved up to take possession of the weapon just as PFC Morrison pushed his way through the hedgerow twenty yards north of his position. Just a quickly, Morrison stuck his head and arm out, indicating contact on the other side of the brush. Kitchen quickly grabbed the weapons from the ground in front of the german and motioned for his men to take position in the thick bushes.

On the south flank, 'Mo' Carson had the German in the fighting position dead to rights. He took aim with his M3A1, and slowly squeezed the trigger...there was a loud click, but no firing. The gun had jammed. He looked up into the sky, shook his head and started trying to strip the offending round from the firing chamber as quickly as possible.

Obviously, the German was familiar with the sound, because he dropped down into the trench and clicked the saftey off of his own weapon. Then everyone watching was blinded by the muzzle flash as the German sprayed the bushes behind him with 7.62mm bullets.

PFC Underwood never knew what hit him. The first round took him in the forehead, killing him instantly. More bullets slammed into his stomach, and one grazed his left thigh as he fell.

PFC Morrison was unaware of the death of his comrad. He looked back through the brush and aimed at the German in the trench. Suddenly he noticed another figure in the pit! He aimed and fired, but the bullet from his rifle flew past his target.

Time seemed to stand still for Carson. His hands worked automatically on the weapon as he eyes saw the German open fire into the hedgerow and he head the moan of someone who was undoubtedly one of his comrads. Before he knew it, the jam was clear. He brought his M3 to his shoulder and fired off a three round burst. He was the German go down heavily.

Then the whole team was firing at the Germans. Morrison and McCurry charged the position, firing as they ran. Still the Germans returned fire. Everyone was battering the foxhole, and they began closing in. Gervey ran up to the foxhole as well and began pouring BAR fire into it. Over the firing, a scream was heard.

A figure outside the German position stood up suddenly and ran off to the north.
"McCurry, you dumb fuck! Get down!" Morrison shouted, but it did no good. McCurry ran into the brush, heedless of the firefight around him.

In the end, it was Garvey's fire that carried the day. A BAR at four feet is a force to behold. Blood and dirt flew up from the bottom of the hole as the last German met his fate. Everyone froze in position, looking for more targets. Finally, they were satisfied that there weren't any.

The platoon took stock of the situation. Underwood was dead, as were four Germans. McCurry was a mess, his nerves shot. Kitchen went over to him to try to motivate him. It seemed to do some good, and the trooper seemed to get ahold of his senses.

Kitchen reached down and pulled off Underwood's dogtags. "We'll come back for you, Tick," he promised. He let everyone rest for a moment, then they got back to the business of war.

After they had tied the German prisoner up and secured him to a tree, they began to march toward their objective.

Last edited by sachmo71 : 06-23-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:54 AM   #171
Groundhog
Coordinator

When T.J. Morrison tells you to stay the fuck down, you better listen.

Shame I can't shoot.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:35 AM   #172
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Fucking piece of shit guns!

Give me one of those Kraut guns!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:42 AM   #173
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog
When T.J. Morrison tells you to stay the fuck down, you better listen.

Shame I can't shoot.

Remember, the guy was in a prepared fighting position. Not very easy to hit someone, especially at night. Grenades would have been a nice choice, but the troops were in too close.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:02 AM   #174
JeeberD
General Manager

Dammit, I hate is when I lose a soldier!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:59 PM   #175
kingfc22
Head Coach

So Godzilla Blitz is dead and SirFoz is a headcase.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #176
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

See what happens when you give Coffee Warlord a weapon? See? See? Coffee calls me out for NOT giving him a weapon on the last X-COM mission, but did anybody die on that last mission? NOooooo, I don't think so.

But here, you give him a weapon. He can't clean it, so it jams when he tries to shoot it. This alerts the enemy to our position, which results in MY death! Argh! And before we even meet all the French women. Sigh.

Give 'em hell guys. Avenge me. And if you miss the Germans, at least hit Coffee Warlord.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #177
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

On the way across the pasture, Fish Murphy signaled everyone to drop. He pointed to the northeast and signaled that he saw one German soldier in a foxhole. From his position, it appeared to Kitchen that the foxhole was positioned at a hedgerow intersection, and so they should be able to get close on the flank and rear of it without exposing themselves to fire. He ordered Morrison, McCurry and Neely to accompany him to take the foxhole from the flank and behind. The rest of the platoon was to approach from the front and right flank, boxing the German in. Assuming all went well, the assault would begin in ten minutes.

The squads luck wasn't going to hold, as usual. Moments after Kitchen moved off with his flanking squad, the German spotted Murphy and opened fire. Richochets whined in his ear as he tried to make himself as small as possible. He pulled a smoke grenade from his pocket and threw it as far as he could toward the source of the fire. The grenade exploded with a dull crump, and the field began to fill with smoke.

The squad moved up through cover, attempting to surround the foxhole. Murphy primed and threw a pineapple toward the foxhole. It exploded with a muffled thump, leading him to believe he had put the grenade into his target. Now, if he could be sure whether the German was still in it or not...