Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2004, 06:04 PM   #151
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December 11th, 2004 -

I decide to ask Mark Atkins for his opinion about everyone on the team now that he has had almost half a season to watch them. I also asked him about their response to training. I found it funny that he would comment that he is very pleased with his own high dedication to training. Unfortunately, he wouldn't give me a full report on himself. After reading his report on Josh, and reviewing Josh's work myself, I decide to sell the 17 year old. We are currently 70,000 dollars in debt, and the 52,000 dollars is just too much to ignore for this player. Yes, Josh has great dedication to training but his physical skills are still only average at best and his technical skills are quite mediocre at this point. Then again, I wonder why several clubs want him.. they might be seeing him as a star in the future. Oh well, I need money now. I agree to sell him.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 06:09 PM   #152
jbmagic
Pro Starter

how long is a loan? when do you get him back to your team?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 06:13 PM   #153
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Currently we are ranked 18th and we are hosting 20th ranked Runcorn. They have Alan Julian on loan from Brentford and he is playing well with 2 clean sheets in 6 games for this club. David Ness anchors the defense. Lee Parle is the director of the midfield and he has 4 assists. Ged Courtney is the main scoring threat on the team and he has 6 league goals to this point. We are even odds favorite to win this game.

Starting Lineup:

GK: Pettinger
DL: Barnard (freshly back from his injury - seems like a good game for him to get his fitness back)
DC: Shepherd (doing well back in the defense)
DC: Wood
DR: Black
ML: Wright (7.42 avg form is second on the club)
MC: Hunter
MC: Atkins (7.47 avg leads the team)
MC: Krief (earns the start with some strong sub work since Johnson is gone)
MR: Fox
SC: Farrell (showing signs of being a star)

S1: Donaldson (recovered from injury)
S2: Turley
S3: Buxton
S4: Dunning (versatility returns to the bench)
S5: Curtis

It's 45 degrees and sunny today.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:13 PM   #154
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
how long is a loan? when do you get him back to your team?

A loan is either 3 months long or some are all season. In these cases, the teams insisted on only giving them to me for 3 months. Unfortunately, I won't be getting them back (unless the team changes their mind in the future and offers them on loan again.)
Old 12-11-2004, 06:14 PM   #155
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I do seem to have Donaldson until the end of the season..
Old 12-11-2004, 06:25 PM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Except for 1 weak shot on goal by Farrell, it's a VERY boring first half.

0-0 at the half.

60 minute mark: Still a boring game as both teams are playing 4-5-1 formation. I decide to sub out the tired Farrell with Donaldson. Also, Hunter is tired, so I sub him out and bring in Turley. I switch to a 4-4-2 with Turley up front alongside Donaldson.

72 minute mark: Wright is tired and he gets called for pulling his man's shirt. He gets a yellow card which in combination with his fatigue is enough to sub him out. I put Dunning in at his spot.

91 minute mark: After 19 more boring minutes.. Dunning crosses to Krief in the box!! Krief heads it.. it hits the bar.. bounces back to Krief.. he shoots.. the keeper punches it away.

Our 2nd 0-0 tie this year.

We outshot our opponent 5-0 as they played a very defensive 4-5-1 all game long.

Dominique Krief wins MoM in his first start! 19 of 25 passes complete, 1 of 1 tackles, 1 of 1 headers.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:41 PM   #157
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December 13, 2004 -

Many interesting things in the newspaper today. Kevin Keegan resigned from Manchester City today. Glenn Hoddle is the leading candidate to replace him.

Liverpool's James Smith has joined Droylsden on loan. Pundits believe he will significantly help their defense.

Moor Green have bolstered their defense with the signing of experienced Welsh defender Marvin Arthur. Experts believe he will be a big aid to the team.

Bowker agreed to a contract with Wakefield and Emley and the 52,000 dollar deal has been completed.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:00 PM   #158
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December 18th, 2004 -

Today we are ranked 18th and we are traveling to 16th ranked Ashton Utd. They have dangerous goal scorer Gary Birch on loan from Walsall. Jamie Miller is up front with him and has 8 goals on the year. Nicholas Clee plays solidly in the midfield. Darren Royle is the leader of the defense. Ashley Conner has 7 clean sheets in 21 appearances this year, and is a very good keeper.

Despite this we are 4:5 heavy favorites to win the match. We are using the same 4-5-1 and same lineup this match. It's 34 degrees wet and muddy.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:26 PM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

29 minute mark: Royle sends a long pass to Birch.. Birch takes it into the box and fires a hard shot.. Pettinger controls it.

32 minute mark: On the counter attack, Wright centers to Farrell. Farrell shoots but the keeper tips it over the bar.

36 minute mark: Atkins takes the corner.. Farrell receives it.. shoots.. keeper deflects it.. scramble for the ball.. Shepherd gets the ball.. shoots... keeper tips it over the bar.

41 minute mark: Pettinger stops a point blank shot from Clee.

60 minute mark: Within the span of a minute, both Wright and Farrell pick up injuries. Hopefully they aren't serious. I sub in Dunning for Wright. I sub Donaldson for Farrell. Also, I yank Hunter who is tired and bring in Turley switching my formation to a 4-4-2 defensive formation.

67 minute mark: Turley gets a long pass.. takes it into the corner.. feeds back to Atkins who is just outside the box.. Atkins shoots... the keeper stops it.

72 minute mark: Pettinger kicks the ball to Atkins.. Atkins sends it up the left side of the pitch to Turley.. Turley crosses to Donaldson.. Donaldson shoots.. keeper dives.. and blocks it.. defender clears it.

77 minute mark: Pettinger catches a corner kick.. he quickly kicks it long and deep.. Donaldson outraces the defense.. Donaldson dribbles it into the box... he shoots low and to the left.. the keeper dives... he misses it!!! GOAL!!!! 1-0

80 minute mark: Birch gets a breakaway on a long pass by Clee... he takes it from just outside the box.. he shoots a powerful shot... it hits the crossbar.. Black controls the rebound.. he sends a long pass over the defense... Turley races to catch up to it, but the keeper comes out of the box and kicks it away.

84 minute mark: Clee gets a yellow card for a hard dirty tackle on Atkins.

88 minute mark: Pettinger barely deflects a Clee shot wide of the goal.

91 minute mark: wild scramble in front of my net.. several defenders block several shots by my opponent.. finally Black clears it.

93 minute mark: Krief receives a long outlet pass from Black.. Krief shoots.. the keeper deflects it.. Turley gathers the rebound by the left post.. he tries to jam it in.. the keeper blocks it out of bounds.

Finally time runs out. 1-0 victory!

We were outshot 15-9. 9 of Ashton's shots were on goal, and not surprisingly Pettinger wins MoM with 9 big saves and the only assist of the match.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:32 PM   #160
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Nice!

Looks like the tactics finally helped out
Old 12-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post match news:

Farrell is out for at least 5 days with a strained neck. Grant Black is out for a few weeks with a twisted knee. That will be a bad blow to me as I'm very thin at right full back (Black was the only guy rated at the position..)
Old 12-11-2004, 07:51 PM   #162
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Nice!

Looks like the tactics finally helped out

Yeah, I resisted the 4-5-1 as I consider it a "boring" tactic. However, I'd rather be a little boring than fired
Old 12-11-2004, 08:02 PM   #163
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are currently in 18th place and we are hosting 10th place Lancaster City today. Lancaster City is led by their main DC Joe McMahon. Steve Jones is the catalyst in the midfield and he has 4 assists and 4 goals on the season. Michael Yates is the danger up front and he has 9 goals on the season. Their keeper Mark Thornley has excellent reflexes and will be hard to score on today.

Starting Lineup is a bit different:

DL: Barnard
DC: Shepherd
DR: Curtis (I'm really unhappy with him here, but no choice.)
ML: Wright
MC: Hunter
MC: Atkins
MC: Krief
SC: Donaldson (Farrell out with injury)

S1 Turley
S2 Buxton
S3 Dunning
S4 Sturdy
S5 Morris

It's 37 degrees and dry today.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:19 PM   #164
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

29 minute mark: Atkins gets a pass from Wright.. he shoots a hard shot from just outside the box. Thornley easily handles the shot. On the counter attack, Krief has to tackle Steve Jones from behind. He earns the yellow card.

44 minute mark: Barnard is called for a hard tackle on Steve Jones.. Yellow card.

47 minute mark: Atkins is tackled just outside the box. Yellow card on Ryan-Zico Black. Free kick is taken by Fox.. he blasts a shot between a slot in the wall.. the keeper is surprised (perhaps screened by the wall) he makes a diving grab at it.. it deflects off of his fingers.. and in!!! Fox's 1st goal!!! 1-0

1-0 at the half.

60 minute mark: Curtis who has played surprisingly well at right fullback gets a yellow card for a hard tackle on Michael Yates. Donaldson is winded, so Turley comes in for him.

64 minute mark: Krief gets in front of a point blank shot by Yates.. deflecting it away.

70 minute mark: Wild scramble in front of my net. Wright finally clears the ball down the pitch.

75 minute mark: Dunning comes in for Hunter who is tired.

88 minute mark: Peter Thompson has a breakaway against my keeper.. I'm saved by the ref who calls the offside.

1-0 win for us!

We were outshot 6-3.

Surprisingly, Thornley gets MoM for his 2 saves? Oh well, I'm just happy with the win.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:46 PM   #165
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 26, 2004 -

Gary Megson has taken over Manchester City's head job.

We are approaching a time of the year that is normally my favorite. January! Normally, its one of the key times to shop for Bosman players who I can get for free. However, I'm not sure that we have any real chance of getting these guys, but I will explore any possible options.

Looking at my own club, I see Donaldson will be returning to Hull in June and that will free up 700 dollars per week of wage, so perhaps I can find a cheap player or 3 that might help the club. Also, Atkins contract expires in June and he is being paid 180 dollars per week. If I can win back his support, I'd like to renew his contract as he is valuable as a player and a coach, even though he is a poor coach.

I'll also gather my notes on my team at this point and review things as this is almost the half way point of the season after this upcoming game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-11-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:53 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are currently 16th ranked, and we are traveling to 14th ranked Vauxhall Motors for our first match with them this season. I find myself wondering what sort of relationship they have with Manchester Utd as they have two loan players from the club! They also have 2 loan players from Tranmere. The first loan player from Man Utd is not too concerning. Adam Eckersley is a raw left fullback and he won't be too concerning in this match. However, the other player is David Poole who is a dangerous striker. Poole appears to be an elite scorer from what I've heard about him, yet he hasn't scored any goals in 5 appearances for the team. Mike Kinsella is an average keeper, and we should be able to beat him. Anthony Wright is a determined goal scorer and he leads the team with 10.

Our starting Lineup is almost the same as last game. The main difference is Farrell is now starting at striker since he is healed from his injury. Donaldson will replace Morris as a substitute on the bench.

We are heavy 4:5 favorites. It's a very breezy day and 54 degrees. I consider if I might have to cancel our long passing with the breeze, but decide to keep it for the start of the match..
Old 12-11-2004, 09:07 PM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

15 minute mark: Atkins is tackled hard just outside the box.. no flag, but we get a free kick from just outside the box.. Fox's shot goes over the bar.

39 minute mark: Poole receives the ball at midfield from his keeper.. he sends it wide to the left winger, Paul Brown. Brown dribbles up the left side of the pitch.. he plays a cross for Poole. Shepherd misses the header.. the ball reaches Poole.. Poole shoots... right into the upper right corner.. goal. 1-0

42 minute mark: Poole receives a pass in the block.. Shepherd pressures him.. Poole shoots.. wide left.

1-0 at the half.

60 minute mark: Poole gets the ball in the box.. he shoots.. Pettinger blocks it.. Shepherd clears the rebound.. scramble for the ball in our half.. Krief tackles Rob Lawton and injures him. He'll have to go off.

62 minute mark: Farrell is tired as is Wright. I sub in Donaldson for Farrell and Dunning for Wright.

1-0 victory as the last 30 minutes are very boring with the opposition playing turtle.

We each had 5 shots.

Bradley Cullen won MoM with 29 of 42 passes completed, 6 of 6 tackles, 6 of 7 headers, and 8 passes intercepted.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:35 PM   #168
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today we face Moor Green for the second time this season. We beat them in the FA trophy match, but now we face them in a league match. We are in 18th place and they are in 14th place. We are hosting them. Moor Green is led by the excellent keeper they have on loan from Oldham, Craig Mawson. Guy Sanders is a central defender who provides excellent defense in front of the Mawson. Neil Davis and Sean Dowdall are their tandem strikers who are a deadly duo Dowdall still has 7 league goals at this point, but Davis has 10 goals so far. Perhaps due to our previous win, we are even odds favorites.

We are using the same starting lineup as last match.

It's a dry cool 42 degree day.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:48 PM   #169
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: Atkins takes a shot from 30 yards out that is just barely wide right.

25 minute mark: Krief intercepts a pass midfield.. he heads it to Atkins who plays the ball forward for Farrell.. Farrell dribbles into the box.. and is tackled from behind cleanly.

34 minute mark: Paul Smith centers the ball from the left wing.. Neil Davis shoots from 30 yards out... The ball flies towards the goal.. Pettinger just misplays it as it sails through his arms. Goal.

1-0 at the half.

65 minute mark: No offense as they are playing very defensive. I switch to a 4-4-2, subbing Donaldson and Turley onto the pitch. Also, I sub Dunning in for Wright. Farrell and Hunter are the other players to come off the pitch.

85 minute mark: Truly a great move by my offense as Dunning plays it long for Turley.. Turley catches up to the ball.. dribbles between 2 defenders.. centers it for Krief.. Krief heads it.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

93 minute mark: Donaldson gets the ball at midfield from Atkins.. Donaldson floats a long pass to Turley. Turley gets it in the box.. he fakes right.. goes left.. he has the keeper beat! He is only 6 yards out.. he shoots... wide left!!! The crowd is in disbelief at his amazing level of inaccuracy.

Game over, 1-0 loss.

We outshot them 6-4.

Craig Mawson, the keeper, wins MoM
Old 12-11-2004, 09:55 PM   #170
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Now we are at exactly the half way point. Time to look at the league standings in the morning newspaper:

Pos Inf Team Pld Won Drn Lst For Ag G.D. Pts
1st Worcester 21 13 6 2 28 11 +17 45
2nd Worksop 21 13 3 5 36 21 +15 42
3rd Barrow 21 10 7 4 35 20 +15 37
4th Nuneaton 21 11 4 6 32 18 +14 37
5th Southport 21 8 10 3 23 18 +5 34
6th Alfreton 21 8 8 5 29 25 +4 32
7th Hucknall 21 10 2 9 30 33 -3 32
8th Vauxhall Motors 21 8 5 8 26 21 +5 29
9th Kettering 21 8 5 8 26 28 -2 29
10th Stalybridge 21 9 2 10 29 35 -6 29
11th Stafford Rangers 21 7 7 7 35 34 +1 28
12th Moor Green 21 7 6 8 28 26 +2 27
13th Lancaster 21 5 11 5 25 20 +5 26
14th Hinckley 21 7 5 9 26 28 -2 26
15th Runcorn 21 6 8 7 17 23 -6 26
16th Redditch 21 6 7 8 25 27 -2 25
17th Altrincham 21 7 4 10 23 29 -6 25
18th Gainsborough 21 6 5 10 20 25 -5 23
19th Harrogate Town 21 5 7 9 15 19 -4 22
20th Droylsden 21 5 6 10 19 32 -13 21
21st Ashton Utd 21 5 6 10 19 33 -14 21
22nd Bradford PA 21 4 2 15 18 38 -20 14
Old 12-11-2004, 09:58 PM   #171
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are only 7 points from being in the top half of the league like the board wants. Of course, we are also only 1 point from being relegated. Not very good.

Looking at the roster and some basic stats:

Pkd Inf Name Position Morale Form Con Apps Gls Av Rat
MC Unh Mark Atkins DM RC Good 7-7-8-7-7 73% 22 - 7.41
ML Andrew Wright M L Okay 7-7-7-7-7 74% 24 - 7.33
DR Lennie Curtis SW/D LC Good 7-7-7-8-7 77% 10 (2) - 7.25
FC Andy Farrell S C Okay 7-7-7-7-7 68% 19 (1) 11 7.20
- Inj Grant Black D/DM R Superb 7-7-7-7-7 60% 21 - 7.14
DC Paul Shepherd D/DM RC Okay 7-8-7-7-7 79% 19 (2) - 7.10
S5 Clayton Donaldson S C Okay 7-7-7-7-7 82% 8 (10) 5 7.06
DL Mark Barnard D LC Okay 7-8-7-7-7 77% 18 1 7.06
DC Leigh Wood SW/D/M C Okay 5-7-7-7-7 79% 20 - 7.00
- Lee Morris S C Poor 7-7-7-7-7 100% 0 (1) - 7.00
- Lst Justin Jackson S C Very Poor 7-7-7-7-7 100% 2 - 7.00
MC Colin Hunter AM/F LC Okay 7-7-7-7-7 76% 13 (2) - 7.00
S3 Richard Dunning D/DM L Okay 7-7-6-7-7 88% 6 (12) - 7.00
S2 James Turley F RC Good 7-7-7-7-7 85% 6 (11) 1 6.94
MC Dominique Krief M C Okay 8-7-7-7-7 73% 5 (6) - 6.91
GK Paul Pettinger GK Poor 7-9-7-7-6 99% 24 - 6.88
MR Christian Fox AM RC Okay 7-7-7-7-7 71% 19 (5) 1 6.83
S4 Simon Sturdy M L Good 7-7-7-7-7 100% - - -
- Loa Marc Smith D L Good 6-7-7-7-8 100% - - -
S1 Nick Buxton GK Good 8-8 100% - - -

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-11-2004 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 09:59 PM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Pkd Inf Name Apps Gls Ast MoM Pas Tck Drb Sh T Av Rat
MC Unh Mark Atkins 22 - 3 3 76% 2.16 0.70 19% 7.41
ML Andrew Wright 24 - 4 3 76% 1.39 1.85 - 7.33
DR Lennie Curtis 10 (2) - - 1 68% 3.61 0.09 - 7.25
FC Andy Farrell 19 (1) 11 2 2 83% 0.98 1.96 55% 7.20
- Inj Grant Black 21 - 2 1 61% 2.90 0.05 - 7.14
DC Paul Shepherd 19 (2) - 1 - 73% 1.87 0.50 - 7.10
S5 Clayton Donaldson 8 (10) 5 - - 85% 0.99 2.21 56% 7.06
DL Mark Barnard 18 1 1 - 66% 1.75 0.24 - 7.06
DC Leigh Wood 20 - - - 69% 3.05 0.10 - 7.00
- Lee Morris 0 (1) - - - - - - - 7.00
- Lst Justin Jackson 2 - - - 79% - 2.00 - 7.00
MC Colin Hunter 13 (2) - 1 - 76% 1.19 1.02 - 7.00
S3 Richard Dunning 6 (12) - - - 69% 2.03 0.86 - 7.00
S2 James Turley 6 (11) 1 - - 82% 1.65 3.18 47% 6.94
MC Dominique Krief 5 (6) - - 1 77% 1.87 0.94 - 6.91
GK Paul Pettinger 24 - 1 1 48% - - - 6.88
MR Christian Fox 19 (5) 1 1 - 74% 1.64 1.48 53% 6.83
S4 Simon Sturdy - - - - - - - - -
- Loa Marc Smith - - - - - - - - -
S1 Nick Buxton - - - - - - - - -
Old 12-11-2004, 10:02 PM   #173
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Reviewing my data, I see that Lennie Curtis is playing Right Fullback surprisingly well. Atkins and Wright have been my two most consistent players, but they are slumping. I might need to try to shake the team up some, if we can't get a winning streak going.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:34 PM   #174
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OH YEAH!!!

After many rejections from a large variety of names, I get a potential star to agree to come join us for 3 months. Mark Smyth is a 19 year old hot prospect striker for Liverpool who has agreed to come visit us and could be here by the next game. According to the game tape I've seen, he has amazing speed (possibly the best on my team) Add to that, he is a good dribbler and a great finisher. We will be starting him at striker in the 4-5-1 and 4-4-2 that we are playing as soon as he arrives.

Also, during the past 2 days, I've been looking at many Bosman players. Unfortunately, my initial contact of several agents have indicated that the players have absolutely zero interest in joining our club. I've decided to offer Atkins a deal for another year as player/coach. I've also offered a new contract To Lennie Curtis since he is still playing right fullback well. I also offered new contracts to youngsters Simon Sturdy and Lee Morris (mainly because I'm afraid I won't be able to get bodies to replace them.)
Old 12-11-2004, 10:52 PM   #175
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 1st, 2005 -

Today, I met with the boss (I thought he would want New Year's off!) and he told me is pleased with my performance.

Mark Smyth has arrived in time for our game this afternoon.

Reading the newspaper, some awards have been announced:

Inter's striker Adriano has won the World Footballer of the year award. He has 13 goals in league play this year. Andriy Shevchenko of Milan came in second. He also has 13 league goals so far this year. Dejan Stankovic of Inter came in 3rd with 7 goals, and 9 assists in league play this year.

The World Player of the year was won by Andriy Shevchenko. Dejan Stankovic came in 2nd, and Andriy Shevchenko came in 3rd.

Adriano won the European Footballer of the year award, Dejan Stankovic came in 2nd, and Andiry Schevchenko came in 3rd.

Real Madrid's Iker Casillas won European Goalkeeper of the year. He has 12 clean sheets in 24 appearances in this league year. Santiago Canizares of Valencia came in 2nd, and Victor Valdes of Barcelona came in 3rd.

Real Madrid's Walter Samuel won the European Defender of the year award. ze Maria of Inter came in 2nd, and Romero of Deportivo came in 3rd.

Inter's ze Maria won European midfielder of the Year! Dejan Stankovic came in 2nd, and Gianluca Zambrotta of Juventus came in 3rd.

Inter's Adriano won European Striker of the Year, Andiry Shevchenko came in 2nd, and Sameul Eto of Barcelona came in 3rd.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:00 PM   #176
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today we are in 19th place and we host 18th place Gainsborough. They beat us on their pitch on 8/17/04 2-0. Today They are led by their DC Chris Timons, MC Luke Staton, and the dangerous Carl Alford up front who has 8 league goals on the year.
Their keeper Jamie Holmshaw is streaky and he either plays wonderful or terrible. He has 8 cleansheets, but has given up 2 goals a game in the remainding games. We are even odds favorites to win this game.

Today's Starting Lineup:

DL: Barnard
DR: Curtis
MC: Krief
SC: Smyth (he just arrived, but I need to start this talent right away)
SC: Farrell (he is playing too well throughout the year to yank him from the lineup)

S1 Buxton
S2 Donaldson
S3 Hunter (demoted to the bench with the switch to 4-4-2.)
S4 Turley
S5 Dunning

It's a cool dry, 39 degree day.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:30 PM   #177
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Carl Alford breaks through my defense.. he is running towards the box.. Wood Tackles him from behind... flag.. RED Card on wood!!

Since Wood is ejected, I have a really tough decision. I decide to go for offense, and take a major chance, and switch to a 3-4-2.

11 minute mark: Smyth has his first touch of the ball.. he explodes with it, racing down field.. both DC's charge him.. he passes between them to Farrell.. Farrell has the keeper all alone.. Farrell shoots.. the keeper deflects it wide of the net.

31 minute mark: smyth gets a long pass from Atkins.. he is racing down the field.. Timons slides and knocks the ball away from him.. the keeper clears it up the field to Alford.. Alford shoots over the goal..

33 minute mark: Alford brings it into the box.. he passes back to David Jervis who quickly passes it back into the box towards the left goal post to Gareth Grant.. Grant settles it.. shoots.. in at the near left goal post. 1-0

45 minute mark smyth dribbles the ball down the left side of the pitch.. the defense is flowing to him.. he passes btw two defenders.. Farrell has it in the box.. he shoots.. barely deflected by the keeper.. the defender gets the rebound and kicks it away.

1-0 at the half.

46 minute mark: Atkins sends it to Fox on the right wing.. Fox takes it up the field.. he centers for Smyth who is by the far post... the central defender barely heads it over the bar and out of bounds.

61 minute mark: Fox centers it to Smyth.. Smyth is about to head it in the goal... Farrell is called for being offsides.

63 minute mark: I sub Turley in at right wing for the tired Fox. I also sub in Donaldson for Farrell who is tired. Also, I decide to bring in Hunter for Krief who is tired.

66 minute mark: Turley passes it from the right wing to Atkins.. Atkins passes it into the box to Smyth.. Smyth shoots.. it goes barely wide to the left of the goal.

76 minute mark: Donaldson gets the long pass in the right corner.. Donaldson centers the ball to Smyth.. the DC heads it back over the goal.

83 minute mark: Smyth receives a pass from Atkins.. he dribbles from 40 yards out.. dribbles between the 2 defenders.. into the box.. he shoots.. the keeper deflects it.. the defender clears it.

86 minute mark: Total scramble in front of our own net... finally Shepherd clears it to Smyth.. Smyth dribbles it up the middle of the field.. he goes past a defender.. two defenders close on him.. he passes to his right.. Turley comes racing in from the right wing.. Turley dribbles it into the box.. Turley shoots it to the upper left corner of the net... GOAL!!!!!!! 1-1

89 minute mark: Turley's speed is serving him well on the right wing.. he beats a defender.. dribbles past midfield.. centers for Smyth.. Smyth beats a man.. passes back to Turley who is racing towards the net.. the defender intercepts the pass.

Game over 1-1 tie.

Despite being down a man most of the match, we outshot them 12-9

Jamie Holmshaw, their keeper earns MoM as he actually made 9 good saves including several good shots by Smyth.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:42 PM   #178
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 3rd, 2005 -

Lennie Curtis agreed to a new 2 year deal for 240 dollars/week.

Simon Sturdy has signed a new 2 year deal for 90 dollars/week.

Lee Morris has signed a new 2 year deal for 90 dollars/week

Atkins signed a new deal with a raise to 300 dollars/week! He let me know he appreciates the raise, and he is no longer disillusioned with my management of the club. Glad to see the money talked
Old 12-11-2004, 11:47 PM   #179
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today we host 8th placed Hucknall. We tied them 0-0 in a league match on August 14th and we lost to them 1-0 in the English Cup 2nd qualifying round.

They have recently acquired Bas Savage, a striker, on loan from Reading. Steve Palmer has been their most consistent midfielder. Leon McSweeny has been their top goal scoring threat with 8. Allstair Asher has been their most consistent defender. Ian Bowling is an average keeper.

Our starting lineup is the same as last match with us giving the 4-4-2 another shot, particularly since I liked the interplay between Farrell and Smyth.

It's 42 degrees and dry outside.

Edit: Wood is banned from this match, and Black is back from his injury. As a result, Wood will slide into the middle of the defense (which worries me) and Black will start at right fullback.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-11-2004 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:12 AM   #180
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1 minute mark: Atkins passes it wide to Fox.. Fox sends a long diagonal pass into the box.. Smyth heads it (finally a forward who can head the ball!) and it sails past the keeper into the center of the net... GOAL!!!!! 1-0

11 minute mark: Bas Savage puts a move on Curtis.. Curtis is beat.. Savage is running toward the goal.. Curtis tackles him from behind.. Yellow card. Outside the box at least. Free kick.

12 minute mark: Pettinger stops a flurry of shots.. the defense is failing to clear the rebounds.. finally Curtis clears one of the rebounds..

41 minute mark: Smyth dribbles up the left sideline.. past a defender.. he crosses for Farrell but the cross is a little too high and fast for Farrell to handle.. it sails out of the box.. and eventually out of bounds.

44 minute mark: Mark Smith the opposition's midfielder comes sliding in with both legs on Barnard.. He injures Barnard!! The ref gives Smith the red card for the dangerous tackle.

Dunning comes in for Barnard.

47 minute mark: Fox hits the corner kick to Smyth.. Smyth outjumps his mans.. head it towards the goal.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

Time runs out before the next kick can occur. 1-0 at the half.

49 minute mark: Wild scramble in front of Hucknall's net.. multiple shots deflected by defenders.. finally Smyth gets a shot cleanly through the mess... the keeper barely tips it over. Corner kick is blocked by a defender and cleared.

63 minute mark: Smyth is playing very well, but he is tired. I decide to pull him for Turley. Fox is also tired. I have to play Hunter out of position.

74 minute mark: Farrell is pressuring the defender Simon Brown.. Brown passes it back to the keeper, but he sends it too high.. it floats over the keepers head... and sails into the goal!!!! 2-0!!!

88 minute mark: Scramble in front of our net.. finally Black clears it.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We were outshot 7-5.

Paul Pettinger won MoM for his 6 saves (one was off target)
Old 12-12-2004, 12:23 AM   #181
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match news:

Mark Barnard has another damaged ligament in his knee and is out for another month. Mark Smith of Hucknall better watch his back next time we play. I'm feeling a bounty game coming on

Again the journalist asks how we will respond to Barnard's absence. I give him the same reply: "One Player doesn't make a team, we will cover Mark's absence."

I decide to send Mark to a specialist to examine the knee. The specialist takes a look at it, and feels with physiotherapy Mark will be back as good as new in 2 to 3 weeks.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:38 AM   #182
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 7th, 2004 -

Surprisingly, I did get a Bosman signing!! Ben Surey agreed to come from the top ranked Conference National Team Gravesend to play for us next year when his contract expires at the end of March. Our scout has watched him extensively and is very impressed. Most impressive about this midfielder is his very accurate passing. Ben is also a very sure tackler and shows impressive bravery on the pitch. The scout also notes that very determined and is always hustling on the pitch. Ben also seems to have an excellent sense of team work. The big drawback to Ben's game is that he will frequently lose track of his man. We will be paying Ben 400 dollars/week.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:41 AM   #183
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Wow. Gravesend agreed to let Ben come play right away for us? In any case, he is now on our squad.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:51 AM   #184
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today we are ranked 18th in the conference. We face 1st ranked Worcester on their pitch. They beat us 1-0 in our only match with them earlier in the year. Their keeper Danny McDonell is *very* skilled and will be hard to beat. He has 16 clean sheets in 23 league appearances this year! Christian Moore is a 32 year old veteran striker who has 15 goals in 23 league appearances this year. Carl Heeley is a pivotal player. Worcester are even odds favorites going into this match.

Our starting lineup:

DL: Dunning
DC: Curtis
DR: Black
MC: Surey
SC: Smyth
SC: Farrell

S1: Buxton
S2: Turley
S3: Krief
S4: Hunter
S5: Donaldson

Note that injuries have left me with no backup defenders, and I will have to play someone out of position back there if a guy is injured.

It's 41 degrees and dry today.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:07 AM   #185
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

13 minute mark: Smyth explodes with the ball down the left sideline, dribbling past 2 guys.. he centers.. Atkins has the ball just outside the box.. Atkins shoots.. wide left.

37 minute mark: Pettinger stops a powerful blast from Moore.

0-0 at the half. Our captain, Atkins points out this is the biggest crowd we've seen all year, about 2000 fans. Too bad the money is mostly going to our opposition.

47 minute mark: Farrell is tackled on a breakaway by Barry Woolley. Barry is granted a yellow card. The red says that Farrell was tackled just outside the box. Atkins takes the free kick.. Atkins blasts it.. over the bar.

54 minute mark: Pettinger stops a blast by Moore.

63 minute mark: Surey makes a steal on a hard tackle.. he gets up and passes it to Smyth.. Smyth dribbles past his man.. short pass to Farrell.. Farrell shoots.. the keeper stops it.

At this point, Farrell is tired, so I sub in Donaldson. Also, I sub in Turley for Fox since Turley impressed me the last time I gave him some PT at right wing.

75 minute mark: Donaldson steals a pass at midfield.. he passes it Smyth.. Smyth dribbles between two defenders.. around another.. into the box.. he blasts a shot to lower right corner.. the keeper dives and catches it cleanly.

85 minute mark: Black hits Donaldson on the very long pass.. Donaldson dribbles into the box.. goes left.. then right.. shoots to the lower right corner... GOAL!!! What! It won't stand. Donaldson is judged to have been offside!

88 minute mark: Shepherd makes a key save on a crossing pass by heading it away from our net.

Game over.. 0-0 tie at the top opponent's field isn't bad.

We outshot them 9-5

Atkins wins MoM for 32 of 39 passes complete, 5 of 7 tackles complete, 4 of 8 headers won, 5 passes intercepted.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:09 AM   #186
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Is Eaglefan's table postings screwed up for anyone else? All I see is a lot of gray with some faint characters you can make out if you like hard enough.

It seemed pretty obvious to me, so I thought maybe it was me, since no one else is talking about it.

Otherwise, good read, Eaglesfan.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 01:14 AM   #187
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Is Eaglefan's table postings screwed up for anyone else? All I see is a lot of gray with some faint characters you can make out if you like hard enough.

It seemed pretty obvious to me, so I thought maybe it was me, since no one else is talking about it.

Otherwise, good read, Eaglesfan.

CR

Thanks for the compliment.. and as far as the table, what background are you using? It's showing up fine for me. If I can fix the problem, I will.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:22 AM   #188
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 9th, 2005 -

Kettering Town just fired their manager. They are 8th in my conference. That doesn't fill me with confidence regarding my own job security.

Southampton has fired their manager Steve Wigley. Micky Adams is the likely replacement, but Kevan Keegan is also a possibility.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-12-2004 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:35 AM   #189
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 11, 2004 -

We are currently in 20th place and we travel to play 22nd ranked Bradford PA. Earlier in the year, they beat us 1-0. Lee Martin is an above average keeper on loan from Huddersfield. Alan Henry anchors the defense. Craig Smith is the catalyst in the midfield. Paul Walsh is their leading scorer up front with 5 goals. We are 5:4 favorites to win this match.

Our starting lineup is exactly the same as last match as wood and Bernard is both out with injuries still.

It's a dry crisp 44 degrees.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:49 AM   #190
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Tables are messed up for me as well, probably because I use the 'sideline green.'

Great read as usual, Ef. Keep it up.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:00 AM   #191
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

14 minute mark: We have 2 corner kicks that are deflected out of bounds by the defenders. On our 3rd corner kick, Fox sends it curving toward the near post where Surey heads it... into the goal!!! Surey 1st goal!! Our first goal on a corner kick all year long! 1-0

21 minute mark: Farrell receives a long pass from Surey.. takes it from the right corner.. dribbles a few steps inward.. crosses to Smyth.. Smyth heads it.. inches wide right of goal.

44 minute mark: Smyth dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. crosses to Farrell.. Farrell heads it towards goal.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

Halftime 1-0

46 minute mark: Smyth tracks down a very long pass from Curtis left of the box.. he takes a few dribbles.. draws two defenders.. passes btw them to Farrell.. Farrell has the shot.. he hesitates.. defender closing on him.. he shoots.. wide left.

59 minute mark: Paul Walsh receives a long pass in our box.. he shoots from point blank range.. Pettinger deflects it.. Shepherd clears the rebound.

67 minute mark: Paul Welsh hits the crossbar on a shot.. bounces back into my box.. a flurry of tackling and shooting ensues.. finally Black clears the ball.

69 minute mark: I sub in Donaldson for the tired Farrell. Turley for the tired Smyth, and Hunter for the tired Wright.

75 minute mark: Another nervous scramble in front of my net occurs.. Dunning tackles Paul Walsh and injures him. Black clears the ball.

77 minute mark: Hunter feeds the ball up to Donaldson... Danny Walsh jumps unfairly with Donaldson.. whistle is blown... Steve Oleksewycz argues the call.. yellow card.. he keeps arguing after the yellow card... second yellow card! He is ejected.

84 minute mark: Shepherd heads away a pass by the opposition.. Atkins controls the rebound.. he dribbles a dozen steps up the middle of the field.. he flicks a high pass up ahead to Donaldson.. Donaldson gets control of it just outside the box.. takes one dribble and shoots low and to the left corner... the keeper can't get to it.. GOAL!!!!! 2-0

91 minute mark: Turley gets a yellow card for a hard tackle on Allan Pearce in an attempt to steal the ball.

Game over 2-0 win!

We outshot them 12-11 (only 1 of their shots was on officially on goal.)

Atkins wins MoM with a 10 for form! He completed 32 of 34 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 3 of 3 headers, 1 pass intercepted, and 1 great assist.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:01 AM   #192
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty
Tables are messed up for me as well, probably because I use the 'sideline green.'

Great read as usual, Ef. Keep it up.

I'm using the yellow background. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it work despite the background? If it's something I can fix, I'd like to do so. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:06 AM   #193
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 12th, 2005 -

I awake to find myself delighted to read the following article:

"Harrogate Town Board Pleased With Win Over Avenue"

Harrogate Town's Chairman Bill Fotherby declared himself extremely pleased with the 2-0 win over Bradford Park Avenue. He said that he felt the team was starting to show good form.

With the team showing good form of late, the fans are hopeful that the team will reach the 1st half of the table performance that was expected of the team in the preseason.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:18 AM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 15th, 2005 -

The big day has arrived as we host English National Conference Team Forest Green in the 3rd round the FA Trophy. This could be a big win for us. Forest Green generally starts Steve Perrin in goal, and he hasn't been that great this year. He is conceding an average of 2 goals a start. Jon Richardson is a solid DC for them. Simon Bryant is the main catalyst in the midfield, and Charlie Griffin is the primary beneficiary. He has 5 goals in league play this year. Not surprisingly, they are 4:5 favorites.

We are using the same lineup that has been having success lately. Neither of our players who are injured are recovered yet.

It's a cool crisp 40 degrees with the sun shining brightly.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:48 AM   #195
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minutes mark: Surey is tackled hard. No flag but a whistle is blown. Atkins takes the kick from at least 35 yards out.. he sends an absolute blast towards the goal.. the keeper is slow to react... it flies into the upper left corner.. oh what a shot!!! what a goal!!! 1-0

16 minute mark: Wright is called for a hard tackle on Simon Bryant.. yellow card to Wright.

35 minute mark: Smyth dribbles past a defender.. between two others into the box... he is about to shoot.. and he is tripped! Penalty shot awarded! Stephen Morris is called for the trip and argues it, getting a yellow card. Shepherd steps up confidently to take the penalty shot... he approaches.. he shoots.. to the right of the keeper... GOAL!!! 2-0 us.

39 minute mark: Smyth uses his speed to go wide around his defender.. he is left of the box.. he puts a move on his man.. dribbles into the box.. sends the short cross to Surey.. Surey heads it.. past the keeper! GOAL!!!! 3-0!

45 minute mark: Wright picks up a "minor injury" but he looks horrible out there. Half time whistle blows, and I decide to sub him as he is in major pain.

Hunter is subbed in at left wing for Wright.

3-0 at the half.

55 minute mark: Charlie Griffin unleashes a powerful header of a cross.. Pettinger barely tips it over the bar.

68 minute mark: Krief in for the tired Fox. Turley in for the tired Smyth.

78 minute mark: Andy Thompson elbows Mark Atkins in the face. Red Card for Thompson!! Atkins shows professionalism and just shakes it off without retaliating.

Game over. 3-0 win for us!

We were outshot 6-3, but obviously made our 3 shots count.

Our new midfielder, Ben Surey wins MoM with 20 of 27 passes complete, 4 of 5 tackles, 3 of 3 headers, 4 passes intercepted, and 1 goal scored.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:48 AM   #196
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I watched a footie game on FOX tonight. Hamburg vs Bordum or something like that. Actually, it was quite entertaining.

You're doing well, it's nice to see.

Todd

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-12-2004 at 02:49 AM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 02:57 AM   #197
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

CM 03/04 made me start watching EPL (English Premiere League) matches whenever they were on. They can be quite entertaining.

Thanks, I'm not sure how well I'm doing, but it's better than it was early in the season.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-12-2004 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:58 AM   #198
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We just received word that we won 8,000 dollars for our win in the 3rd round of the FA trophy. This is much needed money and the chairman was quite happy with the win.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:02 AM   #199
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oh NO!

I just read this article in the newspaper:

"Christopher Engles (that is my character's name) has received the dreaded vote of confidence from the Harrogate Town board among speculation that the manager was about to be sacked.

The board said they back Engles, but they expect him to turn things around quickly, or they would look for a new manager who can get the job done."
Old 12-12-2004, 03:08 AM   #200
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 18th, 2005 -

Today the 4th round Draw was made the FA Trophy. We will be hosting Droyslden! We tied them earlier in the year 1-1. Hopefully, I'll win my next few league games and make it to this game as manager still. The match will occur Feb 5, 2005.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-12-2004 at 03:09 AM.