"You're going in now? But the game's not over yet."

"Hey coach. We put it away coach. We're cool."
"BFFs. Once again."

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #152
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Hehe... lots of good lines in the episode. Hopefully this becomes a semi-reset. Sure you have Taylor's home life (but that's always been around), and Landry and Tyra's problem with the killing (Tyra's handling of getting away from Landry was very touching, btw), but it seems we may see more football now that the Tennessee Terror is out of town.

Though it seems next week, Coach Taylor will have to fight for paychecks... guy can't win.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #153
Pyser
Pro Rookie

not hard to say that that last ep was by far the best of the season. i think theyve almost got this show straightened back out. pretty psyched!
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #154
Jas_lov
College Starter

I liked the episode, but why did Lyla kiss both Street and Riggins? Are we to assume that they had a threesome? Good for Saracen putting his foot down and deciding not to be a chump! Will he and Julie get back together? Will anything develop between the new maid and the star quarterback? Coach Taylor is back which is good because he makes the show what it is, imo. I'm curious to see where this Landry and Tyra thing goes and if Landry's dad helps them cover it up.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #155
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

She kissed them because the director liked Y Tu Mama Tambien and decided that most of his target audience hadn't seen it. Love the show but the blatant rip of YTMT was disappointing. However, the coach's wife is maybe the best actress on TV right now.

Also, the kid that plays Saracen does a great dumb but likeable guy. Some incredibly strong acting out of much of the cast on that show (even if we have to avert our eyes a bit with Tyra and Riggins).

And finally, I love how the cinematography consistently tries to help Landry out by cutting off his gigantic forehead in as many shots as they can.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #156
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
I liked the episode, but why did Lyla kiss both Street and Riggins? Are we to assume that they had a threesome?

Once that happened it reminded me of the whole Brandon-Dylan-Kelly triangle in 90210.

Loved the episode. Saracen's awkwardness is back!
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:36 AM   #157
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

So, the new girl is Kim Smith? Saracen is living the Romo life.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:12 AM   #158
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

"So was it like Cabo in your pants?"

QB1 still has some good lines but the writers have killed Lance.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #159
Jas_lov
College Starter

All of the story lines are good, except the Landry one but at least that is coming to a close! Hopefully he gets back to being the funny Landry of last season. I think there's gonna be 5-6 more episodes before they have to quit because of the strike. Whether it can survive another season of bad ratings is up in the air, but they moved it to Fridays so what would you expect?
Old 12-08-2007, 03:11 PM   #160
Joe
Pro Starter

I love the new storylines. Riggins sleeping in coach's garage... how long before Julie rebels against her parents and starts sleeping with him?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:54 PM   #161
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I love the new storylines. Riggins sleeping in coach's garage... how long before Julie rebels against her parents and starts sleeping with him?

Oh my the coach will have a fucking stroke. That would be interesting
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:47 AM   #162
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

The coach was gold in every scene this episode. Awesome seeing Tyra beat down the curly head kid.

Preview for next ep spoiler

Spoiler

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #163
Icy
Pro Starter

Just saw episode 10, i really enjoy this show and specially the characters.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #164
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Julie has "developed" quite nice over the series.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:44 PM   #165
Jas_lov
College Starter

Last night's episode was decent. The Landry-Saracen scene was great, the race angle between Smash and Noelle at the movies was a bit over the top, Lyla's storyline was boring, Santiago sticking up for Buddy and Buddy sticking up for Santigo was good. I have a feeling that Santiago won't be around much longer though. The same may go for Riggins or more likely his brother after they stole that drug dealer's money. Coach Taylor is excellent in every season and continues to make the show as good as it is. Only 3-4 new episodes left.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #166
SnowMan
High School Varsity

There's more volleyball lately than football...what's up with that?
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:31 AM   #167
Pyser
Pro Rookie

why the saracen episodes always the best?

that kid rules
Old 02-10-2008, 12:10 AM   #168
Galaril
Pro Starter

Well, I guess last night was the last episode for this great series. NBC has stated this was the last episdoe for season2 writers strike or no writers strike. And already the season 2 dvd is set for april. I would guess that with the crappy ratings this one is done
Old 02-10-2008, 12:23 AM   #169
Jas_lov
College Starter

If it was the last episode, they ended on a good one. I read this earlier today though that gives me some hope that they'll either continue the series or at least give it a proper ending now that the writer's strike is over.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/...riday-nig.html
Old 02-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #170
Icy
Pro Starter

I hope they won't end this serie, i really really enjoy it.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #171
JeeberD
General Manager

Man, it better not be cancelled...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #172
Joe
Pro Starter

It's probably gone now that Kevin Reilly is no longer at NBC.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:26 PM   #173
RainMaker
General Manager

I'd imagine it's gone. The ratings have been bad and NBC is much more inclined to target a dumber audience on their network. If a show is intelligent and provacative, it will be cancelled. I guess they need another hour for some moronic reality show.

I am hoping the show can work out a deal. Something with USA makes sense to run repeats quickly on the network. I also don't see how it wouldn't be a great pickup for an emerging network like The CW. In any case, I'd be worried about it moving to ESPN. They seem to ruin almost anything they touch these days. I'd hate to turn it on and see Stephen A. Smith giving a pep talk to the players. It'd almost be better to just cancel it.

On a side note, how come Kyle Chandler isn't a bigger name in Hollywood? I think he's a phenomenal actor. Loved his work in Early Edition and even all the way back to Homefront. He seems to be one of those guys that is good in every role he plays yet doesn't seem to get a lot of big ones.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #174
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
On a side note, how come Kyle Chandler isn't a bigger name in Hollywood? I think he's a phenomenal actor. Loved his work in Early Edition and even all the way back to Homefront. He seems to be one of those guys that is good in every role he plays yet doesn't seem to get a lot of big ones.

I totally agree. I was a big fan of Early Edition and, although I don't watch Friday Night Lights much, I've always checked in because he's on the show. He always does a great job but was pretty much of out work for a few years after Early Edition until his attention-grabbing guest spot on Grey's Anatomy.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #175
RainMaker
General Manager

I think the saddest part of the show going down is how it went down. With a half season and nothing resolved. The show was just too good to go out like that. The fans deserved to have some finale, some closure to the characters lives.

In a sad way, I wish it had ended after the first season. The first season was just incredible and nearly perfect from a TV standpoint. The second season is good, but went off track. You could see them stretching for storylines. Even if the show did finish off the season and got another one, you have to wonder how hard the storylines would be hit when almost the entire cast has graduated. They really didn't bring in any underclassmen and would have to re-develop characters from scratch.

So I never expected the show to last long, but I am sad how it ended. Either a nice close to this 2nd season or cutting it at season one would be better than what we have now. I'm really getting turned away by NBC, they keep cancelling shows in the middle. Tough to invest the time into them anymore.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #176
Galaril
Pro Starter

Apparently ala jericho fans of FNL have started a petition to save the show go vote!

http://tv.yahoo.com/friday-night-lig...221:on_the_net
Old 03-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #177
Joe
Pro Starter

NBC has just announced that they will bring back the popular Friday Night Lights for a third season. According to Variety, there are plans for the critically acclaimed drama to air on other networks.

NBC has entered negotiations with several networks about a plan to carve out multiple broadcast windows for the show, which has received a cult-like following. The CW, Comcast Entertainment Networks (E!/G4) and TNT have all talked with NBC about sharing Friday Night Lights.

NBC has not announced when they plan to air the third season of Friday Night Lights.

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/63/26763.php
Old 03-01-2008, 10:51 PM   #178
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Good news that it is coming back. Not too sure about that network sharing idea.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #179
Pyser
Pro Rookie

wow, you know, the strike really helped this show

now the 3rd season can be the 2nd half of the football season. whereas if the strike hadnt happened, a bunch of seniors wouldve graduated end of season 2

now they can wrap it all up for season 3. awesome!
Old 03-02-2008, 04:21 AM   #180
Icy
Pro Starter

Awesome news!

Old 03-06-2008, 09:37 AM   #181
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Here is the official word on Season 3

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/03/06/nb...lp-of-directv/
Old 03-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #182
JeeberD
General Manager

Excellent news!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #183
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

For those who dont know...

Season 3 of Friday Night Lights starts tonight on NBC at 9pm!!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:47 AM   #184
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
For those who dont know...

Season 3 of Friday Night Lights starts tonight on NBC at 9pm!!

Looking forward to it. I'm hoping they can rebound from the miserable 2nd season.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #185
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

If you download the latest podcast from The Sports Guy he has a pretty fun/interesting talk with the producer of the show Peter Berg
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #186
whomario
Pro Starter

Allready saw it (aired on "The 101" of DirecTV before the NBC run) and it definitely picked it up a lot in comparison to season 3 , but at times i couldn´t really overlook the rushing (just 13 episodes for a full season with several new storylines and of course all the games) .
Like mentioned before Saracen remains the strongest and most apealing character with an unrealistic but fun twist on the court, Street gets a good storyline and some nice "QB flashbacks" (leadership and dealing with people).
Can´t say much more without spoilers.

What obviously needs to be said that the show has some of the most ridiculous lack of continuity ever in a multi-season show. Come on, some characters were clearly named as seniors in season 1 and still here (and with others it was implied) ... People just disapear between seasons without explenation, other get introduced in a different role within the series and then fall back into their old one without explanation given.

And there´s just so many storylines that make you but your head it´s not even funny.

But still i watched it start to end and allways looked forward to it, so sth felt right obviously

Last edited by whomario : 01-16-2009 at 10:47 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #187
larrymcg421
Head Coach

There is no reason for Tim Riggins to still be in high school, or at least no reason he should be in high school with athletic eligibility remaining.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:37 AM   #188
RainMaker
General Manager

This is one of my favorite shows. The first episode on NBC was good and I like where they are going with the show. My axe is how they wrapped up all the cliffhangers from last season. I think I would have preferred the show simply continue on from where that one left off. Considering this will probably be the final season of the show, it would have been a great way to end it. Now they have to bring up new themes in 13 episodes that just won't be able to bring viewers in.

Maybe I'm just picky because the first season of that show was perfection.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #189
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I just watched all of season one in four days. Is that healthy?

Why did I not watch this show when it first came out. Why... Why Why Why
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #190
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

It's an easy show to get hooked on to.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #191
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Great show....beware season two, as it goes a little wacky (but certainly still has it moments), but it definitely comes back around this season, in my opinion (I already watched this season on the dish).
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #192
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Great show....beware season two, as it goes a little wacky (but certainly still has it moments), but it definitely comes back around this season, in my opinion (I already watched this season on the dish).

Gah. That scares me. I hate when shows start to grasp straws.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:21 PM   #193
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Gah. That scares me. I hate when shows start to grasp straws.
It's still good. There's just one event that kind of stretches things a little too far. Decent season but not as good as the first.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:57 PM   #194
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It's still good. There's just one event that kind of stretches things a little too far. Decent season but not as good as the first.

Spoiler

Definitely still a good season of TV, and worth watching, as most of the 'hiccups' were confined to what might be considered 'the supporting cast' (probably in an effort to 'spice things up' and grab ratings), but Coach and Tammy (and Saracen) remain great, and consistent to their characters throughout, and still carry the show pretty well.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #195
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Yea. Those characters in the first season were awesome. But this is one of the rare shows that I have liked almost all the characters. Some I go from loving to hating from episode to episode.

Coach and Tammy are awesome to watch tho. Saracen's interactions with coach are great as well... But I love Riggins, too. His ignorance about relationships is compelling. Buddy Garrity cracks me up to no end. Even the coach's daughter Julie was interesting. At times she seemed really one-dimensional but as the show went on she grew as a character as well... I am really surprised at the acting chops of some of these younger people. The writing is very well done.

Now if the camera would just stop fucking shaking.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #196
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

Yeah, I'm watching S3 on NBC and the writing is definitely better than S2. I think part of the reason is DirectTV paid for a good portion of the show, so they didn't have to worry about appealing to ratings so much.

Though I think S2 is loathed a bit too much. It was still better than most of the junk on TV. I think we were all spoiled by S1 .

S3 seems to be interesting as they are preparing (or have prepared) to say goodbye to a good amount of the "regulars". It is, after all, Saracen's, Landry's, and Riggins' senior years, IIRC.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:59 AM   #197
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I also like what they did with Smash and are doing with Jason Street. Instead of leaving them hanging in some paradox, they are giving them closure.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 02-20-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #198
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I also like what they did with Smash and are doing with Jason Street. Instead of leaving them hanging in some paradox, they are giving them closure.

I like what they are doing too. Shows typically hang on to characters too long and they are not falling into that trap. My only gripe here is that they seem to be going the happy ending route with everyone.

Street is probably my favorite character on the show. He's kind of a tad neurotic and gets himself to buy into ideas easily which is perfect for a guy trying to find himself. He's one of the most realistic characters I can remember from a TV show. It's the perfect time to send him off, but I'll definitely miss seeing him on the show.

The rest of Season 3 has been real good. Not up there with Season 1 but much better than 2. I like the overbearing Father angle and how they handled Saracen losing his job. This is just a great show and I hope it hangs on for another season.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #199
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think they are going for a "semi" happy ending for everyone because if they didn't make it, they'd be hanging around Dillion forever (that's what happens when you fail it seems).

I do really want to see what happens with Saracen the rest of the season. Especially since he's with Coach's daughter again (amazingly how that happens when he starts becoming less secure in his football life... and less arrogant about his job).
Old 03-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #200
Pyser
Pro Rookie

word is this may be picked up for 2 more seasons!!