Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #151
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Meh.

I'm very skeptical of the thermal stuff, although the three fairies (no jokes) tracking the guys was kind of interesting.

Brian is such an idiot. I really wish they'd ditch the guy, because he has zero credibility on a show that begs for mere hints of credibility. "Something touched my hand. That was so weird." Uh-huh.

And what did you think of the Irish ghost hunter guy? (whose name escapes me at the moment) Seemed like he was playing up to being on camera. I dunno.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:58 AM   #152
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar View Post
Meh.

I'm very skeptical of the thermal stuff, although the three fairies (no jokes) tracking the guys was kind of interesting.

Brian is such an idiot. I really wish they'd ditch the guy, because he has zero credibility on a show that begs for mere hints of credibility. "Something touched my hand. That was so weird." Uh-huh.

And what did you think of the Irish ghost hunter guy? (whose name escapes me at the moment) Seemed like he was playing up to being on camera. I dunno.

Agreed that the thermal is weak, especially in an open environment.

One thing I would state about personal experiences is that it's easy to not believe that can happen unless you've experienced something paranormal yourself. I agree that Brian is a bit goofy, but stuff like that can happen. I've been in that position before and it makes you question everything you thought you knew when you experience it for yourself.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #153
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
I once had some bad Guacamole and I saw the ghost of Gerald Ford. Which is odd, because he is not dead, at least as far as we can tell.

Goodnight, funnyman.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:30 AM   #154
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I don't know about that light "evidence". It sure did look like someone with a flashlight.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #155
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

The dinosaur toy responding to Steve was a pretty cool thing to hear.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:38 AM   #156
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
The dinosaur toy responding to Steve was a pretty cool thing to hear.

Yeah, that episode was a really good one. I like it when they show a mix of things on a case where they find a lot of things that they can debunk while they also have a few things that they can't explain away. I think those shows add a lot to the series.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:47 AM   #157
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Yup, good episode.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:15 AM   #158
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Brian and nukes. Now THAT is a scary image.

Fire Ron Lee.

Last edited by TazFTW : 07-12-2007 at 02:15 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:28 AM   #159
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Brian and nukes. Now THAT is a scary image.

Overall, I've been very disappointed with this summer batch of episodes. Lots of bluster and teases, but no delivering o' the goods.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:40 AM   #160
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Now that is how you end a "season".

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:42 AM   #161
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI......5 new episodes of Ghost Hunters on the way. The first new show is an investigation of the Waverly Hills Sanitorium in Kentucky. It will premiere on September 26th. Other new shows will be shown on....

October 3rd
October 10th
October 17th
October 24th
October 31st

The Halloween episode will be a 6 hour live investigation at Waverly Hills Sanitorium.

Also, Brian was asked to leave the team and will no longer be part of the show. Doesn't sound like it ended too well, but Brian was always a polarizing figure in the group, so it shouldn't be too surprising. Jason made a post at the website and stated that no further comments will be made beyond this one.......

Quote:
Brian was asked to leave TAPS and the show Ghost Hunters for numerous issues which we will try not to get into unless we have to.

Feel free to ask, Tango, Dustin, Steve, Grant, myself and numerous production crew members.

He can state what he wants and anyone can believe either but some have proven track records with the facts.

We are trying to keep this honest and polite but can only do so if certain people stop be dishonest with the fans. It was within our best interests to remove him. At least we know the truth.

At least I have stated the facts. We want to wish him the best with future endeavors.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 09-11-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #162
StarBuck
H.S. Freshman Team

Hey, I know a couple of these people.
StarBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #163
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBuck View Post
Hey, I know a couple of these people.

Which people do you know? Can you get an exclusive interview for FOFC?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #164
StarBuck
H.S. Freshman Team

Jason and Grant. Good guys.

Give me some questions and 'll see. I can't promise anything. Maybe I'll send them the link to this place. ;-p
Old 09-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #165
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBuck View Post
Jason and Grant. Good guys.

Give me some questions and 'll see. I can't promise anything. Maybe I'll send them the link to this place. ;-p

My wife and I have been considering a trip to one of their organized ghost hunts. I've heard that they are a lot of fun to hang around with and they're very informative.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #166
Flasch186
Coordinator

some of the pictures on the site in the first page of this thread (macroguru's site he referenced to) are laugh out loud funny.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #167
Schmidty
Coordinator

Thanks for the info, Mizzou B-ball fan.

I wish there was more detail given about why Brian was given the boot. He was annoying as hell, but he gave the show a "bad guy", and I kind of liked that dynamic, especially on episodes where jack-crap was going in the way of finding ghosts.

Last edited by Schmidty : 09-11-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:26 PM   #168
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Thank God! I couldn't stand Brian, and IMO everything about his presence was a distraction.

By the way, Jason and Grant are speaking at the St. Louis Public Library in mid-October. Me and the wife might even go.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:31 PM   #169
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

WOOT!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #170
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Yep! New episode tonight at 9 and 11 PM EST. They'll replay in next Wednesday as well.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:43 PM   #171
SFL Cat
College Starter

I like the show, but I've only seen a few things that have made me scratch my head and think "what the heck???"

I've been on a few of the Ghost Tours in places like St. Augustine...lots of fun, even if we saw no paranormal activity to speak of...my wifey levitating doesn't count.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:40 PM   #172
StarBuck
H.S. Freshman Team

Both Donna and Brian are gone.
One thing the show might cause is a false sense of importance, like they are stars due to the attention. I guess with anyone in the media circus, egos can take over. Grant and Jason are good people though. Still level and grounded, thank god.

I was supposed to meet Jason and Grant at Eastern Stae Pen on Thursday night but I was sick. :-/

Last edited by StarBuck : 09-26-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #173
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

For those that haven't been watching the recent episodes, you've really missed out. Last night's episode had a series of coincedences that would send a chill up your spine. Also, the episode from October 3rd had some amazing evidence, both audio and visual. My guess is that they'll replay these episodes as part of the '13 Days of Halloween' which starts October 19th.

FYI........Two movies of note will also be airing as part of the 13 Days of Halloween on SciFi. 'Ghost Adventures' is a great documentary that will air during the afternoon on Halloween. Also, 'Children of the Grave' is a movie documentary created by the owners of the Sanitarium in Louisville. Haven't checked the schedule to see when that will air.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #174
Schmidty
Coordinator

Is it bad/wierd that this is my 5-year old daughter's favorite show? And that we're Christians, and I don't even believe in ghosts (I believe in demons though)?

Should I let her watch the show? Am I messing her up for life?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #175
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Yeah, the one in the house (which, by the way, isn't far from where I grew up) was pretty wild.

Note: The new TAPS investigator, Kris, is rather hot. That is all.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #176
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

The black mass was awesome.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #177
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Actually if you look at the bottom of the black mass, you can see a arm that is lit up. That is someone, not an apparition.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:51 PM   #178
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Actually if you look at the bottom of the black mass, you can see a arm that is lit up. That is someone, not an apparition.

They would have verified that before airing it. Jason and Grant pride themselves on making sure what they present as evidence has been checked thoroughly. I saw the same thing that you saw and noted nothing more than it showed that whatever it was had mass. It wasn't a filming crew member as they would have had gear. Steve and Kris were the only two investigators in the room.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #179
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I can understand that, but after seeing the arm and stuff that was no apparition, and I oddly enough have no problems with believing in ghosts, etc.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #180
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I can understand that, but after seeing the arm and stuff that was no apparition, and I oddly enough have no problems with believing in ghosts, etc.

FYI......I did some looking around regarding feedback on the episode.

Here's a blog mentioning the dark mass and his thoughts. Jason has already posted in the TAPS forum that the team tried to debunk the footage as being the statue on the coffee table while they were there, but were unable to recreate the shot. Jason was frustrated that the debunking didn't make the final show cut, leaving them open to the criticism.

http://entil2001.com/blog2/2007/10/1...ly-houseguest/
Old 10-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #181
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI.......for those that enjoy Ghost Hunters, it's about to get a whole lot better. In addition to a new season of shows already being filmed, there will be a spin-off series called 'Ghost Hunters International'. Basically, it's some of the regulars plus some new foreign-based investigators checking out hauntings overseas.

http://entil2001.com/blog2/2007/10/0...international/
Old 10-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #182
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
FYI.......for those that enjoy Ghost Hunters, it's about to get a whole lot better. In addition to a new season of shows already being filmed, there will be a spin-off series called 'Ghost Hunters International'. Basically, it's some of the regulars plus some new foreign-based investigators checking out hauntings overseas.

http://entil2001.com/blog2/2007/10/0...international/

Hopefully not that Irish guy who belonged on "Most Haunted" more than GH.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #183
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

I'm pretty jazzed for tonight's episode. Hope it has some goodies.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:02 PM   #184
astrosfan64
College Prospect

I'm set up and ready to go. Ready to record.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 PM   #185
headtrauma
H.S. Freshman Team

www.randi.org/
headtrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:55 AM   #186
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I only watched around 15 minutes of it, but I Tivo'd it for later viewing. I was disappointed that the production crew played sounds and music in the background rather than just letting the viewer listen for any noises. I hate it when they do that. I'll reserve further judgement until I've watched all 6 hours.

FYI.....the first half of season 3 is now available on DVD. Also, the entire 2006 live Halloween investigation at the Stanley Hotel is also available on DVD now.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:04 AM   #187
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
I only watched around 15 minutes of it, but I Tivo'd it for later viewing. I was disappointed that the production crew played sounds and music in the background rather than just letting the viewer listen for any noises. I hate it when they do that. I'll reserve further judgement until I've watched all 6 hours.
I watched almost two hours. I concur about the music and sound-effects; it wrecks the effect for me as well.

My initial thought is that it was way too over-produced for my taste. The "Destination Truth" host was annoying and used far too many superlatives - sort of like a bad sportscaster. The two non-TAPS investigators were just flat-out lame, and I could hardly understand what they were saying anyway. The wrestler was more of a distraction than anything, with Grant and Jason explaining everything to him 100 times over.

Overall = disappointing
Old 11-02-2007, 06:21 AM   #188
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

What I really really disliked about this episode was the "panic button" feature. They said close to the 5 hour mark that there were 150,000 panic button hits on their website. They even posted some of the claims on screen while they were investigating and all the claims just sounded like a bunch of hoaky crap. People like that are the reason there are so many skeptics and noone takes ghost stories seriously.

*spoiler*

The only few redeeming parts for me were the ball moving, Steve getting "grabbed" in the hallway, and the wrestler jumping and running like a little girl close to the end. The wrestler for the most part was just scared and I don't take any credence to any of his claims either. Also, all 3 of the wanna be ghost hunters just don't have what it takes imo. Maybe the philly cop but thats about it.

I still love the show and glad I watched the episodes before the special, because I had missed most of those. The Hellfire Caves was a damn good one.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:58 AM   #189
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by headtrauma View Post
www.randi.org/

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all know James Randi. He'd be more palatable if he wasn't such an arrogant bastard.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #190
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI for the paranormal fans. A&E has a new series that's just started. It's called Paranormal State. They have two new episodes every Monday night. I'm not sure that I like it as much as the Ghost Hunters series, but it's a nice distraction. They have past episodes available for streaming if you missed them (4 episodes already show, 16 more new episodes still to come).

http://www.aetv.com/paranormal-state/

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-18-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #191
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

The new spin off show, Ghost Hunters International, has a premiere date set of January 9th at 9:00 EST. The Sci-Fi Channel is also having an 11 hour Ghost Hunters marathon all day on January 9th in the run-up to the premiere of GH: International. For those that didn't like Brian on Ghost Hunters, prepare yourself. He's one of the investigators in the new 'International' show.

http://www.scifi.com/ghi/
Old 12-18-2007, 03:20 PM   #192
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
The new spin off show, Ghost Hunters International, has a premiere date set of January 9th at 9:00 EST. The Sci-Fi Channel is also having an 11 hour Ghost Hunters marathon all day on January 9th in the run-up to the premiere of GH: International. For those that didn't like Brian on Ghost Hunters, prepare yourself. He's one of the investigators in the new 'International' show.

http://www.scifi.com/ghi/

Sweet. I actually liked having Brian on the show. He was a douchebag, but the tension and drama he created, made even the failed investigations a little more interesting.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:16 PM   #193
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

I flat-out despised Brian and the distractions he brought to the show. But that's just me. :o
Old 01-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #194
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I went out last night to set up a season pass for the new Ghost Hunters International series. The first episode (January 9th, 9 PM EST) is going to be an investigation at Chillingham Castle in England. Lots of activity in that place in past investigations, so it should be a great premiere.

Also, I noticed that they're going to have a Ghost Hunters special episode on that same night just before the GHI premiere (January 9th, 8:00 PM EST). Jason and Grant are taking the crew back to the lighthouse in Florida where they actually got some great video evidence of ghosts climbing the stairs and looking over the railings. That orginal episode was one of the best they've had. Looking forward to seeing if they find anything in their 2nd visit.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:45 AM   #195
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Bump for reminder that the premiere of the new Ghost Hunters episode along with the series premiere of Ghost Hunters International is tonight. In addition, SciFi Channel is having a Ghost Hunters marathon of past episodes throughout the day.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #196
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm 5 minutes into GHI, and I can honestly say that I dislike everyone on the show, especially the new "lead" investigator from Florida (doing his best Jason expression), and that weeny Andy. Seriously, the new lead guy looks and sounds like he should either A) be a discount porn director, or B) a trailor park handyman.

So far this is very disappointing as far as the "cast".
Old 01-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #197
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola.

And the fact that they put that spazz Barry (who belongs on 'Most Haunted') on the show, makes this show have even less credility. He was the worst part of the europe stuff from last season.

Last edited by Schmidty : 01-09-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #198
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

They're BAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!

There's a Ghost Hunters marathon all day on the Sci-Fi Channel. That leads up to the season 4 premiere of Ghost Hunters, tonight (March 5th) at 9:00 EST. REALLY excited to get the new season going.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-05-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #199
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm glad the normal GH is back on, because the abortion that is GH:I is totally unwatchable.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #200
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

watching right now as I sweat out my fever
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote