Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #151
Ironhead
College Prospect

Great way to open up the year. You have mentioned a couple of times that Young seems very hestitant to shoot in simmed games. Something I am wondering - do player tendencies matter in simulated games? If so, do player tendencies change from season to season?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #152
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Great way to open up the year. You have mentioned a couple of times that Young seems very hestitant to shoot in simmed games. Something I am wondering - do player tendencies matter in simulated games? If so, do player tendencies change from season to season?

Player tendencies definitely matter in simulated games and Young's tendencies are to be very hesitant to shoot. Iguodala is my only player who has a high "shoot" tendency. Actually, Foye's and Korvers are above average as well. I don't think they change on their own, at least Young's haven't changed at all in a season. What I've decided to do is to make slight changes to them myself this year (via editing only them) I figure slight changes can be the effects of my coaching him and telling him to take more shots. I'm going to increase his shooting tendency by 2 points every month if they don't change on their own. Also, I'm doing the same for Boone whose shoot tendency is very low.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-28-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #153
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 9th, 2008 -

Today we host the Wizards. They are starting Jamison at PF and I think Boone will be able to push him around easily.

Iggy had one of those rare truly great 1st quarters. He could do no wrong whether it was a 18 foot jumper or a drive to the hoop with a slam and the foul. He was even shrugging his shoulders like he couldn't believe it. He finishes the quarter with 18 points and we have a 28-18 lead at the end of 1.

They have been doubling Iggy in the 2nd quarter and have cooled off his shooting. Fortunately, Korver and company are hitting open shots a fair bit of the time as a result. However, we eventually go cold as a team and they close the gap.

At halftime, we are up 43-39. Iggy leads us with 20 points and 2 assists. Korver is 2nd on the team with 6 points. Dalembert already has 11 boards and 2 blocks along with 4 points.

We've contained Arenas who only has 8 points and 4 assists so far.

We are up 60-59 at the end of 3. Iggy has been ice cold this quarter.

Down 70-64 with 8:30 left, but we are bringing fresh starters back in.

We had multiple chances to take the lead but all of the following happened: Boone missed a dunk, Young missed an open 18 footer, Iggy missed an open 3, and Foye missed an open 3. As a result, we never could finish closing the gap and they pulled away at the very end as Arenas nailed his FT's down the stretch.

We lose 97-91. Arenas wins player of the game with 18 points and 12 assists. He shot 6 of 17, 0 of 5, and 6 of 6.

Jamison pitched in 16 and big man Pecherov who likes to hit 3's pitched in with 16 in just 12 minutes. Rookie Jack Blake only played 3 minutes and didn't put up any stats. He is rated 75 right now.

For us, Iguodala finished up with 29 points, 3 boards, and 4 assists. However after going 6 of 8 in the first quarter, he cooled off and finished 9 of 22. He also shot 3 of 7 from the arc and 8 of 8 from the line.

Young had 19 points on 8 of 16 shooting. Boone had 14 points and 9 boards. He shot 5 of 9 and 4 of 6 from the line. Dalembert had 11 points, 19 boards, 2 assists, and 2 blocks. Devin Harris had 3 points, 7 assists, and 3 steals. He shot 1 of 5 and 1 of 2 behind the arc. Korver was 2 of 6 and had 6 points.

That loss drops us to 2-2.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:20 PM   #154
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 10, 2008 -

We win a tough game against the Celtics who are still talented, at their place no less! 92-91 win. For the Celtics, Peirce had 29 points on 10 of 24 shooting. Garnett had 22 points and 9 boards on 10 of 20 shooting. Allen had 12 points on 5 of 15 shooting.

Young led us in scoring! He had 23 points, 2 boards, 1 assist, and 2 blocks. He shot 6 of 11, 2 of 6, and 9 of 12.

Iguodala had 13 points, 6 boards, and 6 assists. He shot 4 of 6 and 5 of 6 from the line.

Boone had 12 points, 4 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 4 of 7 and 4 of 4 from the line.

Foye had 10 points and 2 assists. Devin Harris had 4 points and 5 assists. Dalembert had 8 points and 8 boards. Korver had 8 points.

Our scouts have had 2 looks at 2 players now and their is a true franchise C in this draft. Of course, I doubt I'll have any chance of being in the lottery, or at least I hope we won't. Still, I have them take another look at the top C and top PG in the draft.

November 13, 2008 -

We face the 4-2 Bucks at their place. We win 92-90! We are now 4-2! Maurice Williams led them with 21 points and 5 assists. Redd had 19 points. Bogut had 13 points and 13 boards.

Iguodala led us with 22 points, 4 boards, 3 assstis, 3 steals, and a block. He shot 6 of 10, 2 of 3, and 8 of 10.

Boone had 14 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. He shot 6 of 10 and 2 of 2 from the line.

Dalembert had 12 points and 8 boards.

Foye ended up with 11 points and 2 assists off the bench. Devin Harris had 10 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists. Young shot the ball but shot it poorly. He finishes with 5 points, 2 boards, and 3 steals. He shot 2 of 10. Green, Carney, and Korver each had 5 points off the bench in limited time.

Our next game is on the 14th against the Celtics at our home. They are 4-3. I probably won't have a chance to play that until next weekend.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #155
Galaxy
Coordinator

Been out of the loop for a few days, but great off-season moves. It's amazing no one traded up to try and get Boone. I really liked Ortiz, but you can't pass up a franchise player like Boone. Is the lottery, draft, and free agency presentation nice? What is the owner's exceptations for the year?

Do shooting tendencies change?

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-01-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:11 PM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Been out of the loop for a few days, but great off-season moves. It's amazing no one traded up to try and get Boone. I really liked Ortiz, but you can't pass up a franchise player like Boone. Is the lottery, draft, and free agency presentation nice? What is the owner's exceptations for the year?

Do shooting tendencies change?

I'm really shocked that no one took Boone either. The guy can't dunk for jack which is surprising given his height, but he already has a refined post game with a nice 4-6 foot fadeaway jumper, a good hook shot, and is strong as can be. Not to mention, he is a good post defender.

The lottery presentation goes too fast. I wish there was more of a dramatic pause between each envelope being opened. Other than that, I liked it. The draft presentation is nice, not great, but nice. I wish I had known before hand that I was on the clock - I don't remember seeing a clock anywhere. I also wish there was a spot to access the mock draft during the actual draft. Maybe it is there and I'm missing it. Free agency presentation is kind of bland, but I liked how each player considered an offer for different periods of time and it seemed like the star players were more reluctant to sign and waited longer for better offers. I'll have to keep in mind that it seems most stars are going to sign max deals with their own teams and not even enter FA, even if their option deal isn't used. The owner just wants to see improvement in the team again this year. So far, he isn't happy, but I think I've seen a slight improvement in his mood with the good start.

I don't think Young's shooting tendencies changed at all last year. So, via the editor in game, I'm making slight changes to his and Boone's every 2 months. I'll consider it my coaching them up and telling them to shoot more. Right now, they are both well below average for their position.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-01-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #157
Galaxy
Coordinator

Can you trade before (after the lottery) and during the draft?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:26 PM   #158
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm fairly sure you can trade during the draft, but it went so fast (I guess my other complaint about the draft) that I didn't try to. I'd say the AI took 10-15 seconds to make each pick at most - maybe less than that. As far as after the lottery, I'm 99% sure that you can trade then, but I agree with HA, the trade AI is fairly tough and I think it would be hard to bilk them. Although, I might press that this year or next as I suspect the trade market is going to be important for our team to take further steps forward, particularly if we falter.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #159
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm fairly sure you can trade during the draft, but it went so fast (I guess my other complaint about the draft) that I didn't try to. I'd say the AI took 10-15 seconds to make each pick at most - maybe less than that. As far as after the lottery, I'm 99% sure that you can trade then, but I agree with HA, the trade AI is fairly tough and I think it would be hard to bilk them. Although, I might press that this year or next as I suspect the trade market is going to be important for our team to take further steps forward, particularly if we falter.

I think your just one or two good players away from being a conference (being as weak as it is) contender.

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-01-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:45 PM   #160
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think your just one or two good players away from being a conference (being as weak as it is) contender.

I do too, and Mrs. Eaglesfan isn't feeling well and went to bed just now so it is time to get in another game. Today we host the 4-3 Celtics. Our defense is getting to be very well regarded as a team. It will be interesting to see if we can shut down the big 3 enough to win the game.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #161
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:

Actually you can't trade during the draft which was very surprising to me. I was expecting to pull some major strings if my guy was still on the board and when I was ready to move up I swear the trade menu was no where to be accessed. I was pretty irritated so I reloaded the game and just did the trade before the draft.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:10 PM   #162
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually you can't trade during the draft which was very surprising to me. I was expecting to pull some major strings if my guy was still on the board and when I was ready to move up I swear the trade menu was no where to be accessed. I was pretty irritated so I reloaded the game and just did the trade before the draft.

In real life, they don't actually "make" trades during the draft, they always agree to making a deal (which you will see a team take player A to be traded later). This is due to the NBA's approval (having to fit the requirements of the trade).

Also, does the age-talent relationship reflect reality? If you take a senior 22-year-old, he'll be more tapped out but a bigger contributor right away compared to a 19-year-old freshman who has a lot more potential (raw talent), but is not going to be the impact player right away?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #163
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A hard fought 1st quarter has us up 20-16, but Iggy and our starters are having to expend tremendous energy to constantly hustle.

Korver and Foye each hit a 3 to extend our lead to 10, but Garnett quickly has 2 baskets to pull back within 6. A great 2nd quarter as we played tough defense and consistent offense. We are up 42-36 at the half.

Posey is keeping them in it with 10 off the bench. Garnett also has 10 points. Young leads our team with 10 points. Dalembert has 9 points and 7 boards. Iguodala has 4 points, 3 assists, and 2 boards as he is deferring to others early.

They fought back in the 3rd as Pierce finally warmed up and it is tied 58-58 at the end of 3.

With 2:24 to go, Iguodala with a great drive and dish to a wide open Foye in the corner for a 3 that puts us up 78-70. Iggy follows that up with a 3 to make it a 11 point lead! We relied on our bench more than ever and we win 83-72. We played high tempo suffocating defense.

Dalembert wins player of the game with 11 points, 12 boards, 1 assist, 1 block, and 2 steals. He shot 4 of 7 and 3 of 4 from the line.

We held them to 35% shooting as a team while we shot 37%. We hit 17 of 22 FT's compared to 14 of 15 for them. We had 8 steals to their 4.

Garnett led them with 14 points and 10 boards. He shot 4 of 10 from the field and 6 of 6 from the line. Pruitt had 10 points and 7 assists. The 2nd year PG from USC shot 3 of 20 including 2 of 10 from behind the arc. Pierce was 5 of 15 from the field and finished with 10 points. Posey had 10 points on 5 of 10 shooting. Ray Allen shot 3 of 12 and had 9 points.

Young led us with 21 points, 1 board, 1 assist, 1 steal and great defense. He shot 7 of 14, 4 of 7, and 3 of 6. Iguodala shot 3 of 10 from the field. He shot 6 of 6 from the line. He finished with 13 points, 5 assists, 3 boards, and 2 steals. Foye had 9 points and 4 assists in 24 minutes off the bench. Jason Smith played 20 minutes off the bench and had 8 points and 5 boards. Boone finished with 7 points and 7 boards in 28 minutes. He shot 2 of 6 from the floor and 3 of 4 from the line. Devin Harris had 5 points and 5 assists in 35 minutes.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:16 PM   #164
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In real life, they don't actually "make" trades during the draft, they always agree to making a deal (which you will see a team take player A to be traded later). This is due to the NBA's approval (having to fit the requirements of the trade).

Also, does the age-talent relationship reflect reality? If you take a senior 22-year-old, he'll be more tapped out but a bigger contributor right away compared to a 19-year-old freshman who has a lot more potential (raw talent), but is not going to be the impact player right away?

It seemed to me like the older players had less potential, but weren't always that much more game ready. Of course, that was just 1 draft class.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #165
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
It seemed to me like the older players had less potential, but weren't always that much more game ready. Of course, that was just 1 draft class.

I guess I could wrote that better. I guess I mean that the older players are more developed (reached their full potential) in comparsion to a youngster who is less develop (yet he could have just as much talent at his current levels) but has a lot more room to develop.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 14, 2008 -

We host the 7-1 Magic.. we pull off the upset win! 87-77 win! They drop to 7-2 and we rise to 6-2! Iggy led the way with 21 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, and 3 steals. He shot 6 of 12 from the field, 1 of 4 from the arc, and 8 of 8 from the line. Boone finished with 11 points and 4 boards. Devin Harris had 10 points and 5 assists. Young finished with 8 points, 2 assists, and 2 steals.

Wade led the Magic with 25 points, 6 boards, and 8 assists. He shot 9 of 18, 1 of 2, and 6 of 6. Shaq had 13 points and 12 boards. McDyess finished with 10 points and 10 boards. Andre Miller only played 22 minutes before he fouled out against our younger PG's. He had 7 points and 3 assists.

November 17, 2008 -

Thw Warriors have offered C Patrick O'Bryant for SF Rodney Carney. Carney is getting little PT from me, even though I like him, and he is getting frustrated with the team. O'Bryant is a 3 year 7'0 250 pound C who was drafted 9th a few years ago. He is hardly playing for the Warriors and is frustrated. He is averaging 1.3 ppg and 0.7 rpg. He doesn't do much well and he lacks hustle, but has a ton of potential. Still, I pass as we have plenty of big men that I want to play.

November 18, 2008 -

We play the 5-5 Magic at their place. They win 106-101. We drop to 6-3. They were led by Delonte West who had 26 points and 6 assists. Redick scored 20 points on 5 of 7 shooting from behind the arc. Rashard Lewis had 17 points and Dwight Howard had 16 points and 14 boards.

Young led us with 24 points as he shot 9 of 15, 3 of 5, and 3 of 3. Foye had 17 points in 24 minutes off the bench. Iggy finished with 16 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 6 of 13 and 4 of 5 from the line. Boone finished with 15 points and 5 boards on 6 of 7 shooting and 3 of 4 from the line.

Next up is a home game against the Phoenix Suns who are currently 5-3. I'll play that tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess I could wrote that better. I guess I mean that the older players are more developed (reached their full potential) in comparsion to a youngster who is less develop (yet he could have just as much talent at his current levels) but has a lot more room to develop.

I saw a mix of both but am fairly sure that I saw more older players who were closer to tapped out in their potential.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #168
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our scouts have now completed 3 trips on 2 of the top players in the draft.

Darnell Benjamin is a 21 year old PG from Iowa. He is rated A+ overall and A- in potential. He lacks athleticism, but has a solid outside shot (not as good as Juan last year), terrific passing ability, and excellent man defense. He also has off the chart intangibles. His strengths: Shows tremendous upside. Has displayed clutch ability on both ends of the court. His weaknesses: No low post game.

Calbert Wilkes is a 7'1 288 pound C who is 21 years old. He is from Miami of Ohio. He is rated A+ in current and potential by my scouts currently. He lacks athleticism, but has an excellent post game. He also is a tremendous defender who can play in the post extremely well. He has good intangibles. His Strengths: Amazing hands that are very quick defensively. He'll get a lot of steals for a big man. Domination on the boards. His weaknesses: Very questionable mobility - needs to improve his speed. Mid range shot isn't too reliable, but he can hit it occasionally.

So, I guess we have two 21 year olds who are two of the best potential guys in the draft so far. Last year, it seemed younger guys had more potential. Boone was 20 when I drafted him, IIRC.

One of the other top PG's in the draft whom I'm about to scout is 19.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #169
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 21, 2008 -

Today we face a Suns team that is 6-3 and very dangerous. Nash hasn't slown down much and they start him and Barbosa along with Marion, Diaw, and Stoudemire. Every player is a potentially dangerous scorer and we'll have to play our best defense.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #170
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are down 25-18 at the end of 1. Young has been cold so far and Iggy is carrying us to keep us in it.

Young remains cold in the 2nd quarter, but our role players are chipping in and Iggy continues to score with a variety of drives and jumpers. We are tied at 46 at the end of the half.

Stoudemire leads them with 11 points and 7 boards. Barbosa and Diaw each had 9. Nash is slowing down and only played 13 minutes. He had 5 points and 3 assists. Iggy leads us with 16 points. Boone has 12 points. Korver and Foye each have 6. Young is 1 of 9 in the first half.

The Suns offense was just unbelievable in the 3rd. At the end of 3, they are up 85-67. Everyone was drilling there shots no matter what I did. A big part of that is Stoudemire was beating his man and forcing my rotations to become bad as we had to scramble.

Early in the 4th, Amare draws a 5th foul on Dalembert. They went to their reserves with about 5 minutes left and we still could never get closer than 15 points. They win 109-90.

Stoudemire finishes with 20 points, 13 boards, 7 assists, 3 steals, and a block to win player of the game. Barbosa had 26 points on 10 of 16 shooting. He was 3 of 7 behind the arc. Nash played 29 minutes and finished with 13 points and 11 assists. Diwa had 13 points and 6 boards. Lots of guys with 8 points for them.

Iggy led us with 30 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 9 of 20, 1 of 2, and 11 of 14. Boone had 18 points and 8 boards. Young finished with 10 points and 2 boards on 4 of 15 shooting. Foye had 8 points and 2 assists in just 14 minutes off the bench. Korver finished with 8. Devin Harris played 44 minutes and finised with 1 points and 5 assists.

I'm debating trying to package him and Foye for an upgrade at PG...
Old 11-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #171
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It is approximately an 1/8 of the way through the season. Time for a look at how the rookies are doing.

Jerry Jones, Kings, leads the league among rookies in scoring with 15.2 ppg. He also is averaging 5.9 rpg and 4.3 apg.

Stan Boone is 2nd with his 12.4 ppg. He also is averaging 5.4 rpg, 1.2 apg, and 0.3 bpg.

Bo Chase on Portland is 3rd with 11.6 ppg. He also is averaging 6.2 rpg. Jimmy Horlsey on the Hornets is averaging 11.5 ppg and 4.4 apg. Starks on the Lakers is averaging 10.7 ppg and 4.2 apg.

Taft on the Raptors is averaging 9.1 ppg and 7.5 rpg.

Juan Carlos Ortiz is only getting to play 11 minutes per game behind Deron Williams and is shooting 40% overall, 40% from the arc and 92% from the line. In just 11 minutes per game, he is averaging 5.4 ppg and 2.0 apg.

I'm tempted to try to liberate him from Utah as he is already becoming upset at being a role player.. He is rated 79 overall. Foye and Devin are both solid young guards.. If I can make the cap room work, it wouldn't be too unfair, would it?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:51 PM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I get a scouting report on Juan Carlos Ortiz (i.e. I look at his player sheet): Now that he is in the NBA, he is much slower than he looked in college. In fact, he is below average in speed for a PG. However, he has an exceptionally quick first step. He isn't quite as good of a passer as I thought he would be. He is a very solid defender despite the lack of speed. He is also a great 3 point shooter. My scouts still think he has a ton of potential...

Alas, the Jazz would trade Juan for Devin and Foye but that is an illegal deal due to the cap. Devin is a better defender than Juan and is much quicker. He also isn't that much worse of a 3 point shooter even if he prefers the corners. I guess I'll keep the team as is.. for now.

My owner is a bit happier now than when we started the season.

Hmm, actually I found a way to make the trade work. Foye's salary isn't too high so I could trade him straight up for Ortiz - except the Jazz don't want that deal. They would do it if I threw in next year's 1st rounder..... I'll think about it for a few days.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 PM   #173
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 23, 2008 -

We host the 5-6 Lakers. We win 111-95. That win improves our record to 7-4. Iggy led the team with 32 points, 6 boards, and 5 assists. He shot 12 of 24, 3 of 5, and 5 of 6. Foye had 15 points and 2 assists in 25 minutes off the bench. Young was in foul trouble and only played 24 minutes but he had 14 points and 5 boards. Boone finished with 14 points and 9 boards.

Kobe led the Lakers with 29 points, 8 boards, and 6 assists. Odom had 16 points and 5 boards. No one else had double figures. Starks finished with 5 points and 2 assists on 2 of 7 shooting.

November 24, 2008 -

We travel to play the Bobcats at their place the next day. They are 4-8. Despite fatigue, we win 104-98! Now, we are 8-4. Young led the way with 21 points and 3 boards. He shot 7 of 11, 2 of 3, and 5 of 6. Iggy had 16 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. Foye had 16 points and 6 assists in 24 minutes off the bench. Devin Harris had 6 points, 6 boards, and 6 assists in 29 minutes. Boone finished with 8 points and 6 boards.

Jason Richardson led the Bobcats with 30 points. Okafor had 19 points and 7 boards. Wallace had 12 points and 7 boards.

I guess our team is playing too good to risk trading Foye even to get Juan Carlos Ortiz - if he was faster, I would definitely pull the trigger. I'll think about it tonight and decide tomorrow if it is worth making that trade and possibly hurting the team this year..
Old 11-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #174
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Don't make the trade...
Old 11-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #175
Ironhead
College Prospect

Have to echo what RPI says on this one. I think you are probably better off sticking with what you have and saving your draft picks.

Last edited by Ironhead : 11-02-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #176
Galaxy
Coordinator

I agree with keeping Harris. I think that you'll have a mid-round to early 20's draft pick in the upcoming and some money to go shopping, with the salaries and trade bait in Harris and Foye to work with, you'll have the more options to get to that championship level. Could try to move up in the draft (assuming your on pace with your current start) or use those players and picks to acquire an established quality starter who would give you another threat.

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-02-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #177
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I've thought about it and I agree with you all. Glad I slept on it and didn't pull the trigger. Although, Juan's A potential really fascinates me. However, we are 8-4 and Chemistry that was around 5% at the beginning of the year is up 18%. The team is coming together and as long as they keep winning, I will keep the current group together for this season, unless a star player gets put on the block.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #178
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 27, 2008 -

Today we play on Thanksgiving at the Pistons. They are 7-7 but are now completely healthy and have the best defense in the league. Their offense is suspect, but they are a talented team.

Early on Rasheed gets a quick foul on Stan Boone who is going to have a hard time with Rasheed's athleticism.

Boone responds by going right back at him in the low post and he draws two early fouls on Rasheed! They go with a small lineup in response with 3 guards and a Prince at PF! That doesn't work well for them as Boone is dominating inside and kicking it out. We are up 19-11 with 3 minutes to go in the 1st before they go with a bit bigger lineup. At the end of 1, we are up 25-13! Dalembert is destroying Mohammed and Maxiell. He has 8 points and 5 boards in the 1st quarter! Young has 7 and Boone has 6.

The Pistons play much better on both ends in the 2nd, but Young is hot and is scoring in bunches. We are up 43-37. Young has 19 points at the half. Dalembert has 10 points and 7 boards. We are holding them to 36% shooting while shooting 45%.

Wallace draws two quick fouls on Boone to start the 3rd and he now has 3. We need to get Rasheed into more foul trouble and/or give Boone more help more quickly with Rasheed. I try putting Dalembert on him, but he picks up a quick 3rd foul as well.

We are up 69-61 at the end of 3. Great play from Young and Iggy this quarter. With 4 minutes left, Carpenter their rookie ties it at 81 with a 3. He's getting more play than any rookie against me and he has 14 points. I seem to recall he was one of the most NBA ready PG's according to my scouts, but with low upside.

Rasheed gives them a 2 point lead after he blocked a Boone shot. Iggy ties it back up at 83. We get a defensive stop on a Nazr shot and a fast break that ends with Dalembert being fouled! He hits the 1st and misses the 2nd, but Young with an offensive board! Young tries to post up Prince but misses the shot. Rip draws a foul and hits both FT's to take a 1 point lead with 1:27 to go. Billups steals it from Boone and then Wallace hits a 18 footer out on the wing to make it 87-84 with just under a minute to go....

Prince steals it from Young and that leads to a Rip breakaway layup. Sheesh, their defense clamped down in the 4th quarter. Iggy misses a 12 footer and they get the rebound. We foul, but I think this one is over. Disappointing road loss where we just lost our edge and they ratched it up.

We miss a 3 and let them run out the clock. 91-84 loss. Very disappointing fade down the stretch.

Rip wins player of the game. He scored 12 points, had 7 boards, and 7 assists. He shot 3 of 9, 6 of 8 from the line.

Billups had 15 and 3 assists, Wallace had 14 points and 11 boards, the rookie Carpenter played 22 minutes and 14 points and 2 assists, Prince had 10 points, 9 boards, and 5 assists. Maxiell had 8 points and 5 boards. Bonzi Wells scored 6 points all in the 4th quarter.

Young led us with 28 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and a steal. He shot 12 of 20, 1 of 1, and 3 of 4.

Iggy had 22 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals.

Dalembert finished with 11 points and 8 boards as they clamped down on him after his great 1st quarter. Boone ended up with 8 points and 8 boards on 3 of 5 shooting and 2 of 2 from the line. I need to get the ball to him in better positions. He also had 3 assists. Harris finished with 7 points and 8 assists. He shot 2 of 8. Varejao had 4 points and 9 boards. Foye played 18 minutes and was 0 of 7 with 0 points and 2 assists.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:24 AM   #179
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 29, 2008 -

We host the Raptors who are 4-9. They win 109-98 as they are also getting healthy. Bosh led them with 22 points and 14 boards. Ford had 21 points and 5 assist. The rokkie Taft finished with 18 points and 3 assists.

Korver led us with 19 points in 20 minutes off the bench. He was 6 of 8, 4 of 6, and 3 of 4. Devin Harris fouled out in only 16 minutes, but he had 15 points and 3 assists. Foye played 26 minutes as a result but only had 5 points and 4 assists. Young finished with 14 points and 8 boards on 4 of 7 shooting. Iggy had 12 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 5 of 18. Boone finished with 10 points and 5 boards.

Nov 30, 2008 -

The Lakers have placd Dan Dickau on the trading block. Not a position of need at this point.

Today, we play the Heat on the road. They are 10-4 and playing very good ball. Whew. We pull off the surprising win and end our slide. We are now 9-6. We win 93-88. Shaw led them with 23 points and 5 boards. He shot 10 of 12 and 3 of 12 from the line in 32 minutes. Miller had 14 points and 6 assists. Iggy held Wade to 5 of 21 shooting! He finished with 14 points, 6 boards, and 8 assists.

Iggy led us with 16 points, 8 boards, 5 assists, and a steal. He shot 5 of 13, 2 of 4, and 4 of 4. Harris had 12 points and 2 assists. Korver had 12 points, Young had 10, and Boone had 10 along with 7 boards. Foye was 4 of 11 and had 8 points off the bench. Dalembert finished with 6 points and 10 boards against Shaq. He shot 3 of 10.

Our next game is against the Pistons and even though it was close, I don't feel like playing them back to back, so I'll sim that and play the following game which is against the Knicks.

Dec 1, 2008 -

Dwight Howard suffered a strained Achilles and will miss 3-4 weeks.

Dec 2, 2008 -

The Pistons are now 8-9. We are at home. We lose 99-85. Iggy had 21 points, 6 boards, and 7 assists. He shot 7 of 14. He also had 3 steals and a block, but it wasn't enough. Harris had 12 points and 2 assists. Korver had 11 points. Boone fouled out in 20 minutes but had 8 points and 6 boards. Young finished with 7 points on 3 of 6 shooting.

Billups and Rip each had 21, Carpenter had 13, Prince had 10, and Wallace had 5 in 20 minutes before he fouled out.

Our next game is Dec. 5 at the Knicks who are 9-7.

Dec 4, 2008 -

Bobby Simmons on the Bucks tore his ACL. He is done for the year.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-03-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #180
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Against the Knicks for the first time I can remember, we are considered the more talented team! Their offense is stronger than ours, but our defense is much stronger than theirs.

We are down 22-19 at the end of 1. Iggy and Young are providing most of our points but are tiring.

Down 46-41 at the end of the half. Young has 11 and Iggy has 10. Rabdolph has 12 and Richardson has 11 for the Knicks.

We are down 74-63 at the end of 3. Randolph is playing very well and has 18 points and 9 boards so far.

Our offense was terrible for the first 5 minutes of the 4th and that gave them a huge lead. We never could close the gap more than 10. They win 97-81.

Zach Randolph won player of the game. He finished with 22 points, 11 boards, 2 blocks, 1 steal, and 1 assist. He shot 9 of 11 from the field and 4 of 4 from the line. Quentin Richardson had 14. Rookie Stanley Gilmore had 12 in 16 minutes. Marbury had 11 and 10 assists.

Iggy led us with 17 points and 4 assists. He shot 7 of 17, 1 of 4, and 2 of 2. Young had 16 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 7 of 18. Boone finished with 13 points and 10 boards on 5 of 12 shooting. Foye had 11 points and 2 boards on 5 of 11 shooting. Devin Harris had 7 points, 4 boards, and 8 assists. Dalembert finished with 6 points and 7 boards.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #181
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 7, 2008 -

We host the 7-12 Nets. We lose 104-91. Iggy had 19 points, 7 assists, 3 boards, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 8 of 10, 1 of 1, and 2 of 3. Foye had 15 points and 3 assists. Korver had 12 points. Young was 3 of 12 from the field and finished with 10 points, 3 boards, and 4 steals. Boone finished with 10 points and 3 boards.

Vince Carter led the Nets with 30 points and 8 boards. Jidd had 13 points and 11 assists.

Dec 8, 2008 -

We travel to play the 5-12 Pacers. We lose 89-88. Granger led them with 16 points and 6 boards on 3 of 14 shooting but 9 of 9 from the line. Jermaine O'Neal fouled out in 24 minutes and only had 7 points and 6 boards. However, Daniels, Murphy, and Dunleavy each had 13 points.

Iguodala had 16 points, 6 boards, 4 assists, and 4 steals. He shot 7 of 11. Foye had 14, Young had 13, Harris had 11 points and 1 assist before he fouled out in 20 minutes. Dalembert had 10 points. Boone was 1 of 7 and only had 4 points and 4 boards.

We are now 9-10 and our team chemistry is dropping again. We need to turn it around at our next game which is hosting the Kings on the 12th. They are 9-10 and we will be well rested. I like our chances.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:02 PM   #182
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
All Rookie First Team:

PG Acie Law
SG Juan Carlos Navarro
SF Kevin Durant
PF Al Horford
C Greg Oden

All Rookie Second Team:

PG Gabe Pruitt
SG Morris Almond
SF Thaddeus Young
PF Jason Smith
C Spencer Hawes

A few questions:

Do you have rookie of the year honors?

I notice coaches are fired/hired/retire? Where do new ones come from?

Do you have current team ratings (talent) and pre-season previews (projections)? If so, where were you projected?

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-03-2007 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #183
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, I've thought about it and I agree with you all. Glad I slept on it and didn't pull the trigger. Although, Juan's A potential really fascinates me. However, we are 8-4 and Chemistry that was around 5% at the beginning of the year is up 18%. The team is coming together and as long as they keep winning, I will keep the current group together for this season, unless a star player gets put on the block.

Do you have a rookie vs. veteran/experience factor into the game? If so, your a pretty young team already. Also, chemistry takes into factor that the longer you keep your starters together (and roster in whole), the better boost, right?

What's your current salary cap situation, and idea of what you'll have next year?

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-03-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #184
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We should be able to beat Sacramento. We are quite a bit higher rated in talent. Our defense is much better than theirs and our offense is almost as good. Rookie Jerry Jones is starting at SF for them.

A very slow start to the game as it was 6-4 at the 6 minute mark, but both offenses picked it up the last 3 minutes of the quarter. We are down 21-14 at the end of 1.

We lead 38-35 at the half. Very intense defense on both sides. Bibby leads them with 12. Iggy leads us with 11.

We are each shooting 36% from the field.

Young had a tremendous dunk on a breakaway in which he took off from just after the FT line! That fired him up and he hit his next 2 jumpers and then was in the zone. 17 points in the quarter on 8 of 8 shooting! Still, we are only up 61-55 at the end of 3.

Early in the 4th, Salmons injures his ankle and it looks bad. He won't be coming back for them this game.

We explode in the first part of the 4th quarter - everyone is nailing shots. We build a 20 point lead 6 minutes into it, so I never even bring Young back. I rest my starters with 4:30 to go.

97-71 win! I was really impressed with Carney in garbage time. I'm going to give him a bit more PT in future games which will probably come at Korver's expense slightly.

Iguodala wins player of the game with 24 points, 4 boards, 3 steals, 2 assists, and a block. He shot 8 of 17, 2 of 6, and 6 of 6.

Young had 23 points, 3 assists, 2 boards, and 1 steal. He shot 10 of 21, 1 of 1, and 2 of 4. Boone finished with 11 points and 10 boards on 4 of 10 shooting. Foye had 7 points and 2 assists. Korver had 8 points in 8 minutes. Carney had 6 points and 2 boards in 10 minutes. Dalembert had 6 points and 12 boards. Devin Harris had 6 points, 3 boards, and 10 assists. He shot 2 of 8 including 2 of 6 behind the arc.

Bibby led them with 19 points on 7 of 19 shooting. Miller had 10 points and 8 boards. He shot 4 of 10. The rookie, Jerry Jones played 26 minutes and had 9 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 4 of 14 as Young played smothering defense.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #185
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A few questions:

Do you have rookie of the year honors?

I notice coaches are fired/hired/retire? Where do new ones come from?

Do you have current team ratings (talent) and pre-season previews (projections)? If so, where were you projected?

Yes, there is a rookie of the year. In one of my posts, I listed it along with MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, etc. Durant won rookie of the year.

New ones come from assistants and game generated fictional coaches.

If there is a screen to view each teams ratings, I haven't found it. I only see it when I go to the game itself. Also, no pre-season predictions or projections, although there is a power rating which is based on roster strength and record. If I had looked at that the beginning of the year, I guess that would have been a good projection.

Here are the power ratings (they don't include this week's results) almost a quarter of the way through the season:

1. Clippers 13-4 (talented roster built around Elton Brand)
2. Suns 12-6 (Nash, Amare, Barbosa, Diaw, and Marion are one of the best ronded starting 5's in the league)
3. Rockets 12-7 (T-Mac and Yao Ming are two of the highest rated players at their positions.)
4. Celtics 12-7 (The big 3 are all still highly rated)
5. Heat 12-6 (Shaq and Dwyane are highly rated.)
6. Jazz 12-7
7. Pistons 11-9
8. Wolves 12-8
9. Bulls 9-9
10. Sonics 12-7
11. Knicks 11-7
12. Magic 11-9
13. Wizards 10-8
14. Hornets 11-9
15. Grizzlies 11-8
16. Hawks 10-8
17. Sixers 9-8
18. Mavs 8-11 (the loss of Devin Harris has hurt their PG situation)
19. Blazers 8-9
20. Nets 7-12
21. Bucks 9-10
22. Warriors 8-11
23. Lakers 7-12
24. Kings 8-9
25. Nuggets 6-13
26. Raptors 6-11
27. Spurs 3-15 !?!
28. Cavs 6-11
29. Pacers 4-12
30. Bobcats 5-12

Taking a closer look at the Spurs, I 'm not sure why they are struggling. Duncan's scoring is down, but he is still playing very well and is still rated a 93 even though he is starting to decline. Parker is having his best year. Ginobili is having his best year statistically. Bowen is in serious decline as he is 37, but he isn't rated badly. Andrew Bynum is the weak point at C. He is only averaging 14 mpg and is fouling out a lot. As a result, Theo Ratliff is playing a lot and not contributing much at all. Fabricio Oberto has been hurt for most of the season and is out for a few more weeks.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you have a rookie vs. veteran/experience factor into the game? If so, your a pretty young team already. Also, chemistry takes into factor that the longer you keep your starters together (and roster in whole), the better boost, right?

What's your current salary cap situation, and idea of what you'll have next year?

I'm not sure how much rookie vs veteran factors into the game, yet. We are definitely one of the younger teams in the league and that is part of why I'm not going to make the trade either. Chemistry seems to go up when I do a few different things: Winning seems to have the biggest effect, hard practices in which I don't focus on any player also seems to help, Also, I did notice a hit after the trade, so I think length of time guys are together is important. Finally, it seems to consider the overall morale of each guy on my team. That is why I want to try to make Carney a bit happier with some more PT.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #187
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Looking at the ages of our guys:

Devin is 25, Iggy is 24 (and now up to 89 in ratings!), Young is 20, Boone is 20, and Dalembert is 27.

Our bench: Foye is 25, Korver is 27, Smith is 22, Varejao is 26, Carney is 24, Green is 27, Hunter is 27, and Bilic is 21.

Dec 12, 2008 -

Salmons really hurt his ankle against us and will be out about a month.

Ok, now I've seen the first really stupid CPU trade: The Bobcats just traded for Dan Dickau from the Lakers. They gave up Adam Morrison who is rated 75 (2 points higher than Dickau) and he has better potential and he is a much better offensive player. The only bad thing about Morrison was that he was unhappy with the team. However, he is still under for 1 year with a team option. Bad trade - not so bad that I will trade off CPU trading which is an option if I wanted to do so.

Looking at Morrison's stats for the year, it doesn't seem that bad from that perspective. They are only playing him 8 mpg and he is averaging 2.8 ppg on 42% shooting. He is shooting 52% from behind the arc. The Bobcats have been starting Gerald Wallace who is now rated 87 at SF instead. They have Jason Richardson starting at SG who is rated 88 and Okafor who is rated 89 at PF. I guess they just didn't have enough minutes for him.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-03-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:13 PM   #188
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 14, 2008 -

We host the 6-15 Cavs. We lose 93-92. Iggy led us with 24 points, 6 boards, and 5 assists. He shot 8 of 20. Young had 12 points, Foye had 11, Korver had 8. Harris had 7 points and 2 assists in 18 minutes before he fouled out. Boone finished with 7 points and 8 boards.

LeBron led the Cavs with 42 points! He shot 19 of 33. Ilgauskas had 11 points and 13 boards.

Dec 16, 2008 -

We travel to play the 10-14 Nets. We lose 89-80. Carter had 28, Kidd had 22 points, 6 boards, and 7 assists. Jefferson had 16.

Iggy led us with 22 points, 6 boards, and 4 assists. Boone had 11 points and 2 boards. Dalembert had 10 points and 9 boards. Young finished with 7 points on 3 of 9 shooting.

We've finished scouting a few more players:

PG Konrad Smalls is 19 years old and is a phenom in Australia. He is rated A overall and A- in potential. He is a great shooter with great athleticism and good passing. He is 6'4 200 pounds. He is a good defender as well. He is expected to go in the top 5.

Jean Sonnet is a 20 year old SF from France. He is 6'8 234 pounds. He is rated B+ in current and A in potential. He is already an excellent outside shooter. He lacks athleticism. He is a decent defender. Our scouts believe he is going to be a superstar with great intangibles.

Dec 18, 2008 -

The Suns have lost Diaw for a month due to a groin injury.

Our next game is the 19th at home against the Bulls. They are 13-11. I'll probably play that tonight.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #189
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, there is a rookie of the year. In one of my posts, I listed it along with MVP, Defensive Player of the Year, etc. Durant won rookie of the year.

New ones come from assistants and game generated fictional coaches.

If there is a screen to view each teams ratings, I haven't found it. I only see it when I go to the game itself. Also, no pre-season predictions or projections, although there is a power rating which is based on roster strength and record. If I had looked at that the beginning of the year, I guess that would have been a good projection.

Here are the power ratings (they don't include this week's results) almost a quarter of the way through the season:

1. Clippers 13-4 (talented roster built around Elton Brand)
2. Suns 12-6 (Nash, Amare, Barbosa, Diaw, and Marion are one of the best ronded starting 5's in the league)
3. Rockets 12-7 (T-Mac and Yao Ming are two of the highest rated players at their positions.)
4. Celtics 12-7 (The big 3 are all still highly rated)
5. Heat 12-6 (Shaq and Dwyane are highly rated.)
6. Jazz 12-7
7. Pistons 11-9
8. Wolves 12-8
9. Bulls 9-9
10. Sonics 12-7
11. Knicks 11-7
12. Magic 11-9
13. Wizards 10-8
14. Hornets 11-9
15. Grizzlies 11-8
16. Hawks 10-8
17. Sixers 9-8
18. Mavs 8-11 (the loss of Devin Harris has hurt their PG situation)
19. Blazers 8-9
20. Nets 7-12
21. Bucks 9-10
22. Warriors 8-11
23. Lakers 7-12
24. Kings 8-9
25. Nuggets 6-13
26. Raptors 6-11
27. Spurs 3-15 !?!
28. Cavs 6-11
29. Pacers 4-12
30. Bobcats 5-12

Taking a closer look at the Spurs, I 'm not sure why they are struggling. Duncan's scoring is down, but he is still playing very well and is still rated a 93 even though he is starting to decline. Parker is having his best year. Ginobili is having his best year statistically. Bowen is in serious decline as he is 37, but he isn't rated badly. Andrew Bynum is the weak point at C. He is only averaging 14 mpg and is fouling out a lot. As a result, Theo Ratliff is playing a lot and not contributing much at all. Fabricio Oberto has been hurt for most of the season and is out for a few more weeks.

Looks like Cleveland needs to build a better supporting cast around James. The Mavs need to retool (I remember them getting off to a slow start last year as well). The Clippers are 13-4? They finally got it right.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #190
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

We've finished scouting a few more players:

PG Konrad Smalls is 19 years old and is a phenom in Australia. He is rated A overall and A- in potential. He is a great shooter with great athleticism and good passing. He is 6'4 200 pounds. He is a good defender as well. He is expected to go in the top 5.

Jean Sonnet is a 20 year old SF from France. He is 6'8 234 pounds. He is rated B+ in current and A in potential. He is already an excellent outside shooter. He lacks athleticism. He is a decent defender. Our scouts believe he is going to be a superstar with great intangibles.

Smalls sound like a player I would love. Could be a solution to your point guard position.

How do you define athleticism in the game? Speed, agility?
Old 11-03-2007, 04:31 PM   #191
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Smalls sound like a player I would love. Could be a solution to your point guard position.

How do you define athleticism in the game? Speed, agility?

Actually, it is one of the categories that my scout tell me about. I'm guessing it is a combination of speed, quickness, strength, jumping, and dunking. However, I don't know. The scouts give letter grades in multiple areas (I don't have the game in front of me so I might be misremembering them: Overall current, potential, inside shooting, outside shooting, playmaking ability (handle and passing I'm assuming), athleticism, man defense, post offense, post defense, rebounding, and maybe one or two others that I'm forgetting.

Edit: Smalls is projected to go top 5 - I hopefully won't have a top 5 pick unless I pull off a trade

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-03-2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #192
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually, it is one of the categories that my scout tell me about. I'm guessing it is a combination of speed, quickness, strength, jumping, and dunking. However, I don't know. The scouts give letter grades in multiple areas (I don't have the game in front of me so I might be misremembering them: Overall current, potential, inside shooting, outside shooting, playmaking ability (handle and passing I'm assuming), athleticism, man defense, post offense, post defense, rebounding, and maybe one or two others that I'm forgetting.

Edit: Smalls is projected to go top 5 - I hopefully won't have a top 5 pick unless I pull off a trade

I wasn't sure how they define athleticism.

I like the athletic, quick players. That's why Smalls jumped out.

Of course, I'm not sure what you look for exactly.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:01 PM   #193
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wasn't sure how they define athleticism.

I like the athletic, quick players. That's why Smalls jumped out.

Of course, I'm not sure what you look for exactly.

I want a PG who is lightning quick, a good defender, and a good outside shooter. Devin Harris meets the first two criteria, but his outside shot it too erratic for me. Foye is a good shooter, but he doesn't meet the other two criteria. I'm either going to look for an upgrade at PG or C in the draft this year, although I like Dalembert he is offensively limited.

Edit: Dalembert is probably around his potential - our scouts think Devin is going to improve. Hopefully, he can develop a more consistent outside shot, if he did, he'd be a great point guard.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-03-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #194
Ironhead
College Prospect

You might be able to get a really talented big man later than you think. I traded up from 19th overall to 9th overall after my first year and drafted a PF who is already awesome and grades out at A+ potential. The guy is practically a clone of Howard. I was suprised (and a little concerned about the draft AI) to still see him sitting there. Maybe you will get that kind of luck.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:20 PM   #195
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
You might be able to get a really talented big man later than you think. I traded up from 19th overall to 9th overall after my first year and drafted a PF who is already awesome and grades out at A+ potential. The guy is practically a clone of Howard. I was suprised (and a little concerned about the draft AI) to still see him sitting there. Maybe you will get that kind of luck.

What did it take you to move up? In regards to the AI, could it be a view off the scouts?
Old 11-03-2007, 07:34 PM   #196
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
What did it take you to move up? In regards to the AI, could it be a view off the scouts?

We swapped first rounders that year and I gave up my first rounder the next season. I would be willing to chalk it up to a difference in scouting if say I felt he should have gone #1 but he slipped to maybe #4 or #5. To almost slip out of the top 10 is just too far.

EDIT: By the way Eaglesfan27, anytime you want us to butt out of your thread just let us know. lol I am sure Iggy and the gang will get the ship turned around.

Last edited by Ironhead : 11-03-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #197
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We swapped first rounders that year and I gave up my first rounder the next season. I would be willing to chalk it up to a difference in scouting if say I felt he should have gone #1 but he slipped to maybe #4 or #5. To almost slip out of the top 10 is just too far.

EDIT: By the way Eaglesfan27, anytime you want us to butt out of your thread just let us know. lol I am sure Iggy and the gang will get the ship turned around.

I like additional chatter in my dynasty threads
Old 11-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #198
Radii
Head Coach

Great read EF. Do you know how importing from College Hoops 2k8 is intended to work? Reading through this I was suprised to see you scouting college talent during the season. If you import draft classes from 2k8 is that dynamic ruined?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #199
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Great read EF. Do you know how importing from College Hoops 2k8 is intended to work? Reading through this I was suprised to see you scouting college talent during the season. If you import draft classes from 2k8 is that dynamic ruined?

Nope, you still scout them. The way it works is you have to finish a season in college hoops, save the draft class when it asks you to do so. Then, you have to import the class before you start the regular season in NBA 2k8. Since, I'm in my second season, I plan on simulating 3 seasons of College Hoops before I finish this season. I'll then import the 3rd season of draft classes into NBA 2k8 as I start my 3rd year of this franchise.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-03-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #200
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I like additional chatter in my dynasty threads

At least we aren't rowdy like the real sports fans in Philly.

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-03-2007 at 09:07 PM.