Old 02-24-2005, 05:12 PM   #151
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I have Sparrow Records, but it's all of my bands and some other guy
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #152
Swaggs
Coordinator

Elitist Records is taking applications. We are fledgling, but going places. Get in on the ground floor and we will all make it to the top together.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:08 PM   #153
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Watery Hands are proud to announce the formation of Matron Records. Both Matron Records and Watery Hands are proud to annouce their charter release, the single "Womanifesto / Unscented," due next month.

Watery Hands will be touring North America throughout the following months to support this limited release (500 singles will be pressed).

Matron Records is also actively seeking bands to join the roster. We are committed to the artist and will absolutely fund any band we feel has both potential and a common vision. If you are a female oriented group in the indie/punk/electronic/rock community, contact us with any interest.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 02-24-2005 at 08:21 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:16 PM   #154
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

lighthousekeeper,

I got a message from "your bass player" complaining about my practice area (I've chosen my garage). The problem is I don't have a bass player since I'm a West Coast Rap group. Is this a bug, in that I should not be getting a message from a guy I don't have in my group or a bug which in one of my guys is complaining and the game is incorrectly calling him the bass player?
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 08:28 PM   #155
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
lighthousekeeper,

I got a message from "your bass player" complaining about my practice area (I've chosen my garage). The problem is I don't have a bass player since I'm a West Coast Rap group. Is this a bug, in that I should not be getting a message from a guy I don't have in my group or a bug which in one of my guys is complaining and the game is incorrectly calling him the bass player?

You're not thinking of the right bass playa.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 10:45 PM   #156
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

quick question, roughly what time have the stages actually been run? Midnight? 1 AM?
Old 02-24-2005, 11:02 PM   #157
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
quick question, roughly what time have the stages actually been run? Midnight? 1 AM?
a little after 1am
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 11:18 PM   #158
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper
a little after 1am

It's about midnight for those of us in flyover country, the best of the time zones

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 06:34 AM   #159
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Watery Hands are proud to announce the formation of Matron Records. Both Matron Records and Watery Hands are proud to annouce their charter release, the single "Womanifesto / Unscented," due next month.

Watery Hands will be touring North America throughout the following months to support this limited release (500 singles will be pressed).

Matron Records is also actively seeking bands to join the roster. We are committed to the artist and will absolutely fund any band we feel has both potential and a common vision. If you are a female oriented group in the indie/punk/electronic/rock community, contact us with any interest.
Wow. Some big news for us... We sold out the entire pressing of the single in it's first month of release, hitting #2 in the country.

Matron Records is now the #1 rated label in the game.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 02-25-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #160
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Guten Tag! I'm the manager of an east german Goth Metal Band, the Vampires of Doom and may be interested in joining your label. Made up of 6 members, we have two females, Stefanie on the drums (she is one PanzerFrau) and Barbara singing lead with the opera voice (think Evanescence), she is also very hot. Bist du interested?
Old 02-25-2005, 03:33 PM   #161
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Sparrow Records is on the rise
Old 02-25-2005, 07:03 PM   #162
ShovelMonkey
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm pleased too announce that Zero To Sixty is atop the singles charts for the second month in a row. Following two weeks of solid sell outs of all the copies produced they will be pressing another two thousand copies due to popular demand. This will be the final production of the number one single "Zero To Sixty."

Edit -- I scheduled the single to be released before I was offered a position at FOFC Live!, though both occured the same game month. So sadly our sales haven't registered with the label and are doing nothing to boost FOFC Live!'s reputation and position.

Last edited by ShovelMonkey : 02-25-2005 at 07:06 PM.
ShovelMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 08:24 PM   #163
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

FOFC Live has a new logo:

If anyone has a better idea, I'm all for it, but this seeme pretty good to start

There are offers out to 2 bands who applied today and who have names that I recognize from FOFC. Whoever accepts first gets the last spot in FOFC Live.

SI

Old 02-25-2005, 08:28 PM   #164
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShovelMonkey
I'm pleased too announce that Zero To Sixty is atop the singles charts for the second month in a row. Following two weeks of solid sell outs of all the copies produced they will be pressing another two thousand copies due to popular demand. This will be the final production of the number one single "Zero To Sixty."

Edit -- I scheduled the single to be released before I was offered a position at FOFC Live!, though both occured the same game month. So sadly our sales haven't registered with the label and are doing nothing to boost FOFC Live!'s reputation and position.

That's ok, tho. People need all the money they can get early on so that's no tragedy. Congrats on the release

I really wish there was a way to have a "social" label where we don't take any % or at least it's adjustable so that we take a minimal amount like 1%.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-25-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:56 PM   #165
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic flying froggies
Guten Tag! I'm the manager of an east german Goth Metal Band, the Vampires of Doom and may be interested in joining your label. Made up of 6 members, we have two females, Stefanie on the drums (she is one PanzerFrau) and Barbara singing lead with the opera voice (think Evanescence), she is also very hot. Bist du interested?

We've made you an offer.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:30 AM   #166
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Some more great news. Watery Hands have again sold out the 2nd pressing of their first single, moving 1,000 units this month and retaining their #2 chart ranking.

Matron Records has also made two contract offers (we'll keep them undisclosed unless accepted).

check out this awesome angry email from a band we rejected:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Dripping
THATS FINE I DON'T WANNA JOIN YOUR DAMN LABEL ANYWAY WHO NEEDS YOU I B ET NO ONE WILL JOIN IT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN I BET YOU COULDN'T EVEN AFFORD US!!!!
Old 02-26-2005, 08:16 AM   #167
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Am I too late to get in on FOFC Live!? I have an Alternative Rock group called the Grey Tires who will be something someday (I hope).
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:56 AM   #168
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Yeah Dust Country applied for FOFC Live, but I guess I was rejected.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:53 AM   #169
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

My boy band Element (12th most popular band, yeah!) started up Elemental Records a completley mainstream pop label. I will consider any FOFC applications, but be aware that you are selling your musical soul to the corporate devil and losing any credibility in the process.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:55 AM   #170
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Dola

Lighthousekeeper, how many days should a band stay in the studio to record an album? A week, a whole month? What is the minimal time you could spend and still get a decent result?
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:11 PM   #171
McSweeny
College Starter

yeah, is there any manual or online help or anything? I feel like i'm flying blind. Or is that kind of the point?
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:26 PM   #172
vex
Grizzled Veteran

It would be nice if there was an FAQ.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:04 PM   #173
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Yeah Dust Country applied for FOFC Live, but I guess I was rejected.

I don't think I've flat out rejected any bands but since I'm trying to limit it to FOFC, I'll only give out offers to bands that I've seen people post here about or someone has sent me a Maven Mail of who they are.

That said, we still have 19 bands and there are now offers out to everyone who I know is a FOFC band (The Truth, Jive Turkeys, Insane Dripping, Rising Hayabusa).

Also, The Clap, Twilight, and Gorettos have all applied but I don't know who they are so they have not been offered a contract so if it's anyone here, I'll extend one if the spot doesn't get filled.

I'll be up in KC most of the day so I probably won't be checking back until around the daily update tonight.

SI

Old 02-26-2005, 01:05 PM   #174
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Fascist Eagle will be playing in some of the really big venues this month and hopefully will have that bus tonight

SI

Old 02-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #175
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Gorettos is me so it is indeed a FOFC person .
Old 02-26-2005, 02:42 PM   #176
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion
Short One Crouton has just penned their first song, "I Wish I Could Be In Your Pants (So You Could Feel)".

Hahahaha

You have a contract offer, sir
Old 02-26-2005, 02:44 PM   #177
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Alabaster Bible Church bitches

I didn't realize that was you when I offered
Old 02-26-2005, 02:45 PM   #178
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
I don't think I've flat out rejected any bands but since I'm trying to limit it to FOFC, I'll only give out offers to bands that I've seen people post here about or someone has sent me a Maven Mail of who they are.

That said, we still have 19 bands and there are now offers out to everyone who I know is a FOFC band (The Truth, Jive Turkeys, Insane Dripping, Rising Hayabusa).

Also, The Clap, Twilight, and Gorettos have all applied but I don't know who they are so they have not been offered a contract so if it's anyone here, I'll extend one if the spot doesn't get filled.

I'll be up in KC most of the day so I probably won't be checking back until around the daily update tonight.

SI

Who is Insane Dripping?
Old 02-26-2005, 03:04 PM   #179
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexroid
Who is Insane Dripping?

I'd also like to know.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:04 PM   #180
Coop
High School JV

i'm the clap
Old 02-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #181
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexroid
Who is Insane Dripping?

My bad. I could have sworn I saw them post in this thread somewhere. Sorry, it's hard to keep track of 20 bands when I don't have my computer up and running (my computer is currently on my living room floor getting put together and I'm on Erica's). But as soon as I can, I'm putting together an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of everyone (and things like how much money they've given the label so I know how much to give back next time).

Sir Fozzie and Rising Hayabusa have accepted the 20th and final spot. I hope to have an entire spreadsheet and roster of FOFC Live! by Tuesday night so everyone knows who everone else is.

SI

Old 02-26-2005, 10:02 PM   #182
korme
Go Reds

looks like i joined in time too, correct? -the truth
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 01:53 AM   #183
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
looks like i joined in time too, correct? -the truth

Yeah, you're in there. As are:

Band Genre Manager Contract (Remaining)
Canadian Myth Hard Rock Travis Elkin Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
Singles: 2 (2 remaining)
Carolina Prodigy Soft Rock Trevor Glode Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
Death to bbor Heavy Metal Jeremy Eckberg Albums: 5 (5 remaining)
Singles: 5 (5 remaining)
Double D & The Usuals Contemporary Country Doug Daniel Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
Fascist Eagle Hard Rock Dmitri Alexander
Flair Alternative Rock Will Brown Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
Incapable Emo Daniel McCarney Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
Pimp Daddies Hard Rock Johnny Stonecutter Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
PTSH Indie Rock Kevin Mahe Albums: 5 (5 remaining)
Purge of Logic Alternative Metal Daniel Ertmann Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
Rising Hayabusa Electronica David Yellope Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
S.T.A.T. West Coast Rap Dallas Ng Albums: 5 (5 remaining)
Somatic Heavy Metal Jason Wood Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
Strutter Alternative Rock Neil Wipf Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
The Blind Fish Indie Rock Paul McKinney Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
The Cells Ska Jeff Handley Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
The Klein Bottles Punk Randy Harrison Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
The Pasty White Thighs Indie Rock Gertbeef Roe Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
The Truth Emo Shane Kormelink Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
Undying Affliction Heavy Metal Kevin Heath Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
Zero To Sixty Stoner Rock Charles Welshans Albums: 1 (1 remaining)
Singles: 2 (1 remaining)

Old 02-27-2005, 07:45 AM   #184
Barkeep49
Coordinator

With the lack of documentation I would love to figure out what all of the different kinds of rest do. Here's what I've gleaned:

General Rest -- Health and happiness
Catch up on sleep -- Health
Play music maven -- Happiness
PBS -- Songwriting
Weights -- Looks

I'm also guessing about the following but don't know for sure:
Read a book -- Intellegence
Fliers -- popularity

Anyone know any others?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:51 AM   #185
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I got this message after being in debt and trying to practice in my own garage:

Finances
2005-10-01
Your band did not have enough money to pay for all the time they wanted to practice. Until your band scrapes together more money, they will not be allowed to practice here.

illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #186
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Stoney Blue and the Good Fellas

Playing that Blues Rock, coming straight out of Lousiana.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 12:03 PM   #187
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Freedom Records now exists. If you want to publish an album, join. No big whoop.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 01:41 PM   #188
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
With the lack of documentation I would love to figure out what all of the different kinds of rest do. Here's what I've gleaned:

General Rest -- Health and happiness
Catch up on sleep -- Health
Play music maven -- Happiness
PBS -- Songwriting
Weights -- Looks

I'm also guessing about the following but don't know for sure:
Read a book -- Intellegence
Fliers -- popularity

Anyone know any others?

I started documenting these and then I shut down my old computer and backed everything up. I'll look up that file once I've got it back up.

SI

Old 02-28-2005, 01:01 AM   #189
vex
Grizzled Veteran

It'd be nice if the game would stop updating...
Old 02-28-2005, 03:31 AM   #190
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Still updating. Looks like the game needs a kick in the arse.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:39 AM   #191
JeeberD
General Manager

Woohoo, we're finally out of the red (for now)!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:53 AM   #192
wade moore
lolzcat

I have NO idea what I'm doing, but I'm the O'Rockers...

I screwed up and accidently have 3 guitars instead of 2 guitars and a drummer... but i figured what the hell, let's give it a shot anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:58 AM   #193
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Still updating. Looks like the game needs a kick in the arse.

I'm having a problem with this, too. Anybody know if there is a confirmed problem with the game?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #194
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Hawk
I'm having a problem with this, too. Anybody know if there is a confirmed problem with the game?
Looking at the Maven board, this happen sometimes and should be fixed when the game updates tonight.

Fascist Eagle raked in some really good dough this month. Got about $150K on tour so now it's time to hit some hardcore practicing so we can release some stuff.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-28-2005 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:03 PM   #195
Easy Mac

so if the game tells me it is still updating, do I lose out on a month?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:21 PM   #196
ShovelMonkey
H.S. Freshman Team

This is enough to piss off the pope...
Old 02-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #197
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

The game is still "updating". Looks like it froze halfway through the month. Im sure tonight will finish last nights update.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #198
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShovelMonkey
This is enough to piss off the pope...

I think he's busy right now.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...&postcount=168

SI

Old 02-28-2005, 04:34 PM   #199
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ha, just saw Vexs most.

Oh believe me, my band will dominate for ever.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:31 PM   #200
bbor
Pro Starter

My band is called N.A.R.C....i'll join the fed as soon as updating stops.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote