Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #151
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

would Katie Holmes dancing live have been any better???

Brandon in the bottom twice in recent weeks and Janette going home tells that this is more a popularity vote at this point, which makes me wonder if Evan is going to win this thing in the end.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #152
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post

Brandon in the bottom twice in recent weeks and Janette going home tells that this is more a popularity vote at this point, which makes me wonder if Evan is going to win this thing in the end.

The only thing I can majorly argue with right now is Evan should be gone. I don't think janette going home was such a big travesty personally (although I would have sent Kayla home before her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #153
JeeberD
General Manager

I like Evan, but I completely agree that he doesn't belong there anymore. The rest of the dancers are way better than he is...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #154
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
I like Evan, but I completely agree that he doesn't belong there anymore. The rest of the dancers are way better than he is...

+1

When it comes to personality, I like Evan the best. But he should have been gone 2 weeks ago.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #155
wade moore
lolzcat

Evan is very, very good at his style. He just hasn't been able to come out of it. Someone like that should not be in the top 6.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #156
wade moore
lolzcat

BTW - I'm not sure if it has been said (when I fall behind on the show I miss the thread sometimes), but the winner of this year will not be able to hold the jock of several of the runner-ups from seasons past, let alone the winners.

Quote:
Old 07-31-2009, 12:20 AM   #157
MikeVic
Head Coach

lol, "you can't tie down talent." Nice quote Nigel! Jeanine was working that outfit.

Brandon's solo was really good. I'm OK with the eliminated dancers, although I would've liked to see Even leave... but at least they got the girls right from who's left (even though Janette should be there).
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:05 AM   #158
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I still want to do really dirty things to Jeanine. it kills me that she's just 18.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #159
rjolley
College Starter

So, who's left?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:51 AM   #160
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
So, who's left?

Brandon, Evan, Jeanine, and Kayla.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:31 AM   #161
rjolley
College Starter

Kool. I was hoping Brandon would do well. I remember him from the past 2 auditions and thought he should have made it last year. I'd like to see him win, but I don't think he will.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:32 AM   #162
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

evan has no buisness being there but this is obviously a popularity contest.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #163
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Kool. I was hoping Brandon would do well. I remember him from the past 2 auditions and thought he should have made it last year. I'd like to see him win, but I don't think he will.

I'm hoping him or one of the two girls wins. If Evan wins, that would be really stupid. I like his solos sometimes, but other than that he's not even close to Brandon.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #164
WheelsVT
High School JV

I think Brandon just locked it up last night, and Jeanine really stepped up too.

WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #165
MikeVic
Head Coach

Nigel's getting kinda creepy with his comments for the girls... also, I don't want Evan to win, but Nigel is way too hard on him. You can tell he's beyond shocked that Evan is still there.

I agree that either Brandon or Jeanine has to win. It's funny you posted that Carlton/Will video. I was saying last night that Brandon KINDA reminds me on Carlton. The way he quickly moves his head sometimes (when not dancing), the shape of his head, and his smile.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #166
MikeVic
Head Coach

Oh yeah and I heard on the radio (on a rock station, wtf) that Paula Abdul might be going to sytycd... something about Nigel talking to her today. That would suck.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #167
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I agree that either Brandon or Jeanine has to win. It's funny you posted that Carlton/Will video. I was saying last night that Brandon KINDA reminds me on Carlton. The way he quickly moves his head sometimes (when not dancing), the shape of his head, and his smile.

LOL
That's what I was thinking too with the link to the Carlton dance video. I tried to find 2 pictures to put side by side on this thread, but realized I think it's more of the smile/mannerisms that make me think of Carlton than looks like you said.
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:20 AM   #168
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh yeah and I heard on the radio (on a rock station, wtf) that Paula Abdul might be going to sytycd... something about Nigel talking to her today. That would suck.

I can fast forward her as much as I can FF the other guest judges, like the idiotic Lil C (why didn't he join the chorus line last night, btw?).

The results went as I expected. Although popularity is definitely a factor in the voting, Evan is not as bad as people have stated. And, in the end, America pretty much got it right all along. I do think Brandon was the best dancer, maybe one of the best ever on the show, but his personality held him back a bit. If he could have pulled off just a bit more "butch" I think he'd have been the winner.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #169
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

oh, and Jeanine's solo was absolutely terrific and I think that's what sealed it. Her solos have been kind of meh all year, so she picked a hell of a time to pull that one out of her ass
Old 08-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #170
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
The results went as I expected. Although popularity is definitely a factor in the voting, Evan is not as bad as people have stated. And, in the end, America pretty much got it right all along. I do think Brandon was the best dancer, maybe one of the best ever on the show, but his personality held him back a bit. If he could have pulled off just a bit more "butch" I think he'd have been the winner.

I agree. I personally liked Evan, liked his style, but I also saw that he wasn't hitting as hard as others, probably because that's not him. He's a smooth dancer. I really liked the "Evan" chants on performance night and thought it was a nice payoff after all the bashing he'd taken from judges who kept on finding little things that were wrong with him. Funny also how it was pointed out that his solo on Wednesday was a reworked version of his audition solo while Brandon did THE EXACT SAME THING the week before with his "O Fortuna" solo and everybody kept raving about him, Nigel the first saying it was "one of the best solo ever on SYTYCD". I mean, come on, it was good, true, but it felt like warmed over stuff to me...

interesting article about Jeanine and a medical condition she had that's not even been mentioned on the show:
http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/so-yo...gles-1983.html

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 08-07-2009 at 09:40 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #171
MikeVic
Head Coach

Go Jeanine! I'm curious why they didn't mention her health issues. Maybe they asked her for permission and she said no?

I thought it was pretty cheap that Mary picked a dance from Wednesday night as her favourite! We just saw it! I can't believe no one picked a Wade Robson dance... The Brandon/Janette one where they were thieves was so awesome.

Brandon was the better dancer I think, but Jeanine was better at facial stuff, which at least for me if I notice in a dance, elevates it for me. She was funny too. And so pretty.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #172
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought it was pretty cheap that Mary picked a dance from Wednesday night as her favourite! We just saw it! I can't believe no one picked a Wade Robson dance... The Brandon/Janette one where they were thieves was so awesome.

pretty sure those aren't picked by the judges. Either way, there were some curious selections and omissions
Old 08-07-2009, 10:05 AM   #173
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
pretty sure those aren't picked by the judges. Either way, there were some curious selections and omissions

Yeah I don't believe they're "picked" by the judges either, and the Paso Doble was a very convenient transition to revealing the top 2 (they just had to call Evan out). But it just felt stupid since the dance JUST happened.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #174
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Go Jeanine! I'm curious why they didn't mention her health issues. Maybe they asked her for permission and she said no?

Brandon was the better dancer I think, but Jeanine was better at facial stuff, which at least for me if I notice in a dance, elevates it for me. She was funny too. And so pretty.

I'm glad she won as well. I think she measures up to any of the past girls in the looks department and I love her personality. I agree with DD, that was a great solo which I think was important in helping her win it. She did it all well, great technical skill, strength, personality, and looks.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:41 AM   #175
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

Glad Jeanine won .. that is one sexy girl. Evan can go off to Broadway now, Kayla to modeling or acting and Brandon back to whatever it is he was doing before the show.

This was my first season and while I've seen some of the other contestants from previous years and I agree that they were better ... I think it would be hard pressed to find a better routine than "Addiction" and a more emotional routine than "This Woman's Work" ....

great stuff looking forward to it in the fall
Old 08-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #176
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

No but at least I wouldn't have felt duped ... and FWIW they never did say live ... after going back and watching a show I still had on DVR they made a point of saying Katie Holmes will be dancing on this stage .....
Old 10-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #177
wade moore
lolzcat

Haven't watched last nights yet, but good god - this is season six.

I know it's being anal, but some message board etiquette should be followed here.

Quote:
Old 10-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #178
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Haven't watched last nights yet, but good god - this is season six.

I know it's being anal, but some message board etiquette should be followed here.

why, so when I start a new thread some douchebag can say there is already a thread about this show?

message board etiquette is for wankers.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #179
MikeVic
Head Coach

Oops, didn't notice the thread said season 5... could someone change that to say season 6?
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #180
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Oops, didn't notice the thread said season 5... could someone change that to say season 6?

like the guy who complained, and is a mod, and has the power to do so...
Old 10-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #181
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
like the guy who complained, and is a mod, and has the power to do so...

lol, yes.