Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #151
TroyF
Coordinator

Not sure what the Broncos are doing here. I'm all for running the ball and I'm happy about Moreno's success, but that's two possessions that have been Moreno run two time mixed in with a short pass and out. The series we scored was two down field throws. I think I see a trend here.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #152
TroyF
Coordinator

Colts just got royally screwed. I hope they score a TD here.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #153
TroyF
Coordinator

good, the just thing happened there.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #154
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

PAT MCAFEE!!!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #155
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So, helmet to helmet shots are awesome and celebrated when it's done by a kicker. Good to know.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #156
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I think you forgive the kicker going helmet to helmet because the tackle is going to be awkward to begin with.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #157
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Just quit handing off already, seriously.

FUCK EA
Old 10-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #158
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
No, it isn't silly. Hell, it's what MOST of the public and experts think. Barnwell believes the Chiefs cannot compete against good teams. There are tons of other experts who believe the same thing. I'm sure you can find a few who will say the Chiefs are for real, but you won't find the majority.

Let's not forget that the "experts" instilled Denver as Super Bowl favorites prior to the playoffs last season, despite being 0-3 against the three best teams on their schedule.

I'm dumbfounded at the level of respect the Chiefs have got in these threads compared to the Broncos. Heading into this week, both were 6-0 with five common opponents. The Broncos had a point differential of 85 points in those five games while the Chiefs had a differential of 78 points.

I have no idea how most people are able to anoint one team as the Super Bowl champions in waiting while totally writing off the other team as having no shot at the Super Bowl. Heading into this week, the Broncos had played 17 games the past two seasons against teams whose record was .500 or worse and are 17-0 in those games. They had played 6 games against teams over .500, and were 2-4. It's hard to discredit the Chiefs for beating up on a powder puff schedule while giving the Broncos any sort of credit.

Now, that's not to say that the Chiefs aren't the worst 7-0 team in history, because they very well may be. But 7-0 is still 7-0, and last I checked, teams with 6 or more losses have made 5 of the last 6 Super Bowls (and have been victorious in 4 of them) while the team with the best regular season record ("elite" if you will?) have failed to win a Super Bowl in that span. Even if they go 3-6 in their last nine games and go 10-6 on the season, the Chiefs still have as much of a shot to win the Super Bowl as the 2007 Giants, 2008 Cardinals, 2010 Packers (okay they were good), 2011 Giants or 2012 Ravens. Really, would it be any less plausible than it was in 2007 when an Eli Manning led Giants team won three straight road games to make the Super Bowl and then beating the 16-0 Patriots?

And that's not to say that the Bronco's aren't amongst the favorites, although for my money I would take New Orleans at this point with Denver directly behind them. I just think recent history has proven that anything can happen in the playoffs and that the "any given Sunday" nature truly applies between two teams in the playoffs. It would seem that anyone who can say at this point in the season that only Denver has a shot at the Super Bowl while Kansas City does not clearly hasn't been watching the playoffs the past six years.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #159
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

For the first time ever, I am jumping on the MBBF bandwagon. The Chiefs are legit this year and yes, they can go on the road 3 weeks in a row and win with that defense and not turning the ball over. It happens all the time in the playoffs. Sure, they can lose in round 1, but so did Denver last year.

Anything is sustainable over a 16 game, or 20 including playoffs, schedule. It might not hold up year to year, but that doesn't matter. KC has a slightly easier schedule so it wouldn't even surprise me to see be the #1 seed.

Finally, you don't have to play 3 elite teams on the road in the playoffs most years. Right now the AFC playoff teams are: KC, Indy, New England, Cincy, Indy and SD or the Jets. Hardly a murderers row.

Also, if Troy believes it, pretty good chance it is wrong.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #160
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Let's not forget that the "experts" instilled Denver as Super Bowl favorites prior to the playoffs last season, despite being 0-3 against the three best teams on their schedule.

I'm dumbfounded at the level of respect the Chiefs have got in these threads compared to the Broncos. Heading into this week, both were 6-0 with five common opponents. The Broncos had a point differential of 85 points in those five games while the Chiefs had a differential of 78 points.

I have no idea how most people are able to anoint one team as the Super Bowl champions in waiting while totally writing off the other team as having no shot at the Super Bowl. Heading into this week, the Broncos had played 17 games the past two seasons against teams whose record was .500 or worse and are 17-0 in those games. They had played 6 games against teams over .500, and were 2-4. It's hard to discredit the Chiefs for beating up on a powder puff schedule while giving the Broncos any sort of credit.

Now, that's not to say that the Chiefs aren't the worst 7-0 team in history, because they very well may be. But 7-0 is still 7-0, and last I checked, teams with 6 or more losses have made 5 of the last 6 Super Bowls (and have been victorious in 4 of them) while the team with the best regular season record ("elite" if you will?) have failed to win a Super Bowl in that span. Even if they go 3-6 in their last nine games and go 10-6 on the season, the Chiefs still have as much of a shot to win the Super Bowl as the 2007 Giants, 2008 Cardinals, 2010 Packers (okay they were good), 2011 Giants or 2012 Ravens. Really, would it be any less plausible than it was in 2007 when an Eli Manning led Giants team won three straight road games to make the Super Bowl and then beating the 16-0 Patriots?

And that's not to say that the Bronco's aren't amongst the favorites, although for my money I would take New Orleans at this point with Denver directly behind them. I just think recent history has proven that anything can happen in the playoffs and that the "any given Sunday" nature truly applies between two teams in the playoffs. It would seem that anyone who can say at this point in the season that only Denver has a shot at the Super Bowl while Kansas City does not clearly hasn't been watching the playoffs the past six years.

1) I know I've said this 600 times and it doesn't matter because they lost, but Denver was installed as a Super Bowl favorite because they were the best team in the AFC, not just the home field advantage. They lost, right? Yeah, the refs gave the Ravens a TD where there were multiple pass interference penalties on the same play and then the FS made a bonehead play.

2) Denver is a FAR better team this year. Not slightly better, far better.

3) AS I said in an earlier post, it's not just the point spreads, it's when they happen. The Chiefs have had a very real shot to lose 5 of their 7 games despite the point spread. The Broncos have had 5 of their 6 first games over with 10 minutes left in the fourth. There is a difference between the two teams.

Whatever, we'll just see, right? Again, the two teams play two times, maybe a third in the playoffs. If the Chiefs are truly elite, they'll prove it.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #161
TroyF
Coordinator

Strange game so far. The bounces have been crazy unlucky for Denver. One bounce led to a TD, the Colts screwed up the gift on the other one and turned it into a safety. Denver offense has been brutal on third and short. If Denver keeps turning it over, it's going to be a long night.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #162
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Manning has thrown several wobbly balls tonight.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #163
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Manning has thrown several wobbly balls tonight.

He throws it wobbly all of the time. Or most of the time.

Biggest concern for me over the last two games is he's stopped completing passes to the WR. I don't know if it's them trying to protect the young tackles, but if the Broncos aren't having success to Thomas, Welker and Decker, they aren't going to succeed in many football games.

Von looks good against the run, not against the pass. Woodyard not playing hurts, the guy is so damned good. Bailey out again. Even with Manning, I don't like the odds in the second half. There can be no more turnovers or it will be lights out.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #164
Thomkal
Head Coach

I just turned the game on to check the score and all I have is a screen with the NFL logo for the last five minutes. What happened?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #165
TroyF
Coordinator

I usually love Collinsworth, but he's been pretty moronic tonight. The reason the Colts need to stay balanced Chris? 1) To keep their defense rested and run clock. 2) To make sure Denver doesn't pin their ears back, the last thing you want is Miller getting into a rythm.

That was a huge stop by the Denver D. Manning needs to get it together now.

Thomkal,

No idea, game is on just fine for me.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #166
TroyF
Coordinator

That's the FOURTH time tonight it's been Moreno involved in 2 or 3 plays of a three and out. It's the second time he's been involved in all three plays. Look, he's a nice story Peyton, but enough of this garbage. Get the ball to your BEST players, not the 5th option.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #167
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I usually love Collinsworth, but he's been pretty moronic tonight. The reason the Colts need to stay balanced Chris? 1) To keep their defense rested and run clock. 2) To make sure Denver doesn't pin their ears back, the last thing you want is Miller getting into a rythm.

That was a huge stop by the Denver D. Manning needs to get it together now.

Thomkal,

No idea, game is on just fine for me.

Well this is bizarre-had the game on earlier and it was fine, but now I've got nothing
Old 10-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #168
Thomkal
Head Coach

Cushing broke his leg and tore his LCL-out the rest of the season.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:55 PM   #169
TroyF
Coordinator

At this point I have no idea what the game plan is. They aren't even looking to get the ball to anyone but Moreno. Denver has ran 38 plays and Moreno has either ran it or been targeted 18 times. It's becoming comical at this point. Those 18 plays have accounted for 47 yards.

On the 20 other plays, Denver has over 100 yards. This isn't pressure causing them to give it to Moreno either. These are all designed plays. I would really like to know what the logic of this is. I don't care what the Colts are giving you on defense, something is seriously off tonight.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #170
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Well, either the hole is deep enough that Denver will try something new, or they're gonna just roll over here. If Moreno touches the ball again on a run, I think they're giving up.

FUCK EA
Old 10-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #171
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

This is a weird game.

FUCK EA
Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #172
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

On these kickoffs where they end up kicking from the 50, why doesn't the team try kicking it high and pinning the opponent deeper than the 20?

FUCK EA
Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #173
Galaril
Pro Starter

So basically the Broncos are the 1981 San Diego Chargers all offense and no pass defense. Didn't work 30 years and am pretty sure it still don't.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #174
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

It's like Peyton is seeing an old girlfriend with a hot new stud and she's all like, "No really, I'm fine."
Old 10-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #175
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

He does kinda look like a beaten man out there.

FUCK EA
Old 10-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #176
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

You need three scores anyway. I'm not sure I get the FG there.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #177
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Well this is bizarre-had the game on earlier and it was fine, but now I've got nothing

Coverage eventually came back-must have been something with the local affiliate
Old 10-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #178
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
1) I know I've said this 600 times and it doesn't matter because they lost, but Denver was installed as a Super Bowl favorite because they were the best team in the AFC, not just the home field advantage. They lost, right? Yeah, the refs gave the Ravens a TD where there were multiple pass interference penalties on the same play and then the FS made a bonehead play.

Best team how? They beat up a bunch of weak opponents and lost to the three best teams they played. Did they have even a single win that was impressive in any regard last season. The best team that they beat was the Ravens in Week 15, who were in the process of coming off back to back losses to a Charlie Batch led Steelers and a Kirk Cousins 4th quarter come back loss to the Redskins.

Quote:
Denver is a FAR better team this year. Not slightly better, far better.

Completely agree, on paper. But much like last year, they've beat up weak opponents so far (keep in mind I've got tonight's game on PVR so haven't been watching so far). With Miller and Bailey in the lineup, they could go 19-0, but they could also struggle when faced with good competition much like they did last year. I don't think we can say they are better until we see them face some good teams.

Quote:
Whatever, we'll just see, right? Again, the two teams play two times, maybe a third in the playoffs. If the Chiefs are truly elite, they'll prove it..

I'm not sure what "elite" has to do with anything. Does it give you a better shot at the Super Bowl? Were the 2007 and 2011 Giants elite? Last year's Ravens? The 2008 Cards that were so close? How about the 2007 Patriots? Or the 2005 and 2009 Colts? The 2011 Packers?

I would put the Chiefs on par with the Patriots, Bengals and Colts in in the AFC behind the Broncos, who seem to be the only ones without any sort of warts. I think with the right breaks though, any of those five teams could make the Super Bowl. Heck, I think history has proven that any team that makes the playoffs can make the Super Bowl and the margin of error these days is razor thin. I just don't understand how you can say that Broncos have a shot and the Chiefs do not, when teams that have looked far less impressive than the Chiefs while heading into the playoffs, have gone on to win the Super Bowl.

Last edited by Carman Bulldog : 10-20-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #179
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm almost certain now that Trent Richardson is a huge bust. He's slow and bad.

FUCK EA
Old 10-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #180
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I don't care if they have two losses. The Colts are more impressive than the Chiefs. Seattle, San Fran, and probably Denver. Nobody else can say that.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #181
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post

I just thought he was better cause I never watched him. I have seen him a couple times now with Indy and he is average player. Good trade for browns

Last edited by Danny : 10-20-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #182
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

WHY? (This was in regards to the stupid ass draw play on 3rd and short again.)

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 10-20-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #183
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

MORENO!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #184
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

ESPN had an article about how Saban's physical nature of his system essentially uses players up far more quickly and thus why players from there get injured more, etc.

Quote:

Fans are getting reminded that John Fox is still the coach.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #185
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
So basically the Broncos are the 1981 San Diego Chargers all offense and no pass defense. Didn't work 30 years and am pretty sure it still don't.

The Broncos pass defense will be poor until (if) they get everyone back. Woodyard is a great cover LB. Bailey is obviously not himself and at his age WILL he get back? Miller will be playing himself into shape. When he gets it going, the pass rush will be a lot better and therefore the pass D will be better.

Right now, a lot of missing/moving parts.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #186
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I love that fanduel makes me want to watch more football, but I hate when I am watching the games and see the opposite of what I want going on happen on the field.

FUCK EA
Old 10-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #187
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Man, none of these Colts players have been hurt in plays where it looked like they should be hurt.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 10-20-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #188
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Best team how? They beat up a bunch of weak opponents and lost to the three best teams they played. Did they have even a single win that was impressive in any regard last season. The best team that they beat was the Ravens in Week 15, who were in the process of coming off back to back losses to a Charlie Batch led Steelers and a Kirk Cousins 4th quarter come back loss to the Redskins.

Completely agree, on paper. But much like last year, they've beat up weak opponents so far (keep in mind I've got tonight's game on PVR so haven't been watching so far). With Miller and Bailey in the lineup, they could go 19-0, but they could also struggle when faced with good competition much like they did last year. I don't think we can say they are better until we see them face some good teams.

I'm not sure what "elite" has to do with anything. Does it give you a better shot at the Super Bowl? Were the 2007 and 2011 Giants elite? Last year's Ravens? The 2008 Cards that were so close? How about the 2007 Patriots? Or the 2005 and 2009 Colts? The 2011 Packers?

I would put the Chiefs on par with the Patriots, Bengals and Colts in in the AFC behind the Broncos, who seem to be the only ones without any sort of warts. I think with the right breaks though, any of those five teams could make the Super Bowl. Heck, I think history has proven that any team that makes the playoffs can make the Super Bowl and the margin of error these days is razor thin. I just don't understand how you can say that Broncos have a shot and the Chiefs do not, when teams that have looked far less impressive than the Chiefs while heading into the playoffs, have gone on to win the Super Bowl.

You keep bringing up Denver against top teams. It's not like Denver got shelled by any of those teams and they did shell one of them, the same team that beat em in the playoffs.

When you look at the teams who do go into the playoffs and surprise, look at what elements they have. Most have strong armed QB's who can create and make something happen. I think Flacco is horrible, but his big arm meant he could make plays. Eli Manning same thing. When is the last time a noodle armed QB with zero weapons? OK, one weapon, who might be a member of the living dead himself if you agree with the reports?

Sorry, not going to happen. It just isn't.

I hope Wayne is OK, one of my favorite players

Colts look like they are going to win and they deserve it. I'm glad Denver faced a huge pass rush with the tackles hurt. It will only help them later on.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #189
Danny
Head Coach

Why the in the heck are they running the ball there
Old 10-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #190
TroyF
Coordinator

Hillman may be out of a job. Love the kid, but that's ridiculous. I have no idea why Manning didn't throw it there.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #191
Galaril
Pro Starter

Well I am officially done with the Ronnie Hillman experiment. They better resign Moreno and cut him.

Last edited by Galaril : 10-20-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #192
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I guess Denver really wants the Colts to win.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #193
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

So it looks like the Colts have beaten Denver, Seattle and San Francisco...the teams almost EVERYONE had as 1-2-3 for the Super Bowl. That's mighty impressive.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #194
Danny
Head Coach

And lost to the Chargers, Dolphins and almost to the Raiders
Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #195
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Yeah, the run game for Denver tonight was nothing but negative. I don't see how you don't line up with those 4 receivers and Manning and then chuck it all day? Screw keeping the defense honest, the run game in Denver is for sealing wins, not controlling clock.

FUCK EA
Old 10-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #196
TroyF
Coordinator

Vickerson deserved that flag. 100% deserved it.

What amuses me here is that Denver played as bad as they can play. I mean, all phases. Horrible pass protection, horrible pass coverage, horrible offense for three quarters, and turnovers, idiotic penalties, and the refs allowed the Colts no bounce goes their way. . .

and they were within two yards of making a ton of Colts fans nervous. Obviously, you have to eliminate the stupid plays, but you have to do that anyway. All in all, I knew we weren't going 16-0. Fair play to the Colts.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #197
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

So that's not a flag? Trying to throw the returner into the ball?

FUCK EA
Old 10-20-2013, 11:10 PM   #198
TRO
College Prospect

Quote:
So that's not a flag? Trying to throw the returner into the ball?

Should have been Unsportsmanlike at very least.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #199
TroyF
Coordinator

kick the field goal. Why teams do this is so beyond me. How stupid.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #200
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

You keep bringing up Denver against top teams. It's not like Denver got shelled by any of those teams and they did shell one of them, the same team that beat em in the playoffs.

When you look at the teams who do go into the playoffs and surprise, look at what elements they have. Most have strong armed QB's who can create and make something happen. I think Flacco is horrible, but his big arm meant he could make plays. Eli Manning same thing. When is the last time a noodle armed QB with zero weapons? OK, one weapon, who might be a member of the living dead himself if you agree with the reports?

Sorry, not going to happen. It just isn't.

I hope Wayne is OK, one of my favorite players

Colts look like they are going to win and they deserve it. I'm glad Denver faced a huge pass rush with the tackles hurt. It will only help them later on.