Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-21-2004, 10:53 PM   #151
pooryorick
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
I will believe the fans will get jail time when they closed the jail door on them. Until then.....Let the beer and the batteries flow

So, um, what did this sentence look like BEFORE you edited it?
pooryorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:19 PM   #152
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Cool True, but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
I just saw the whole thing right now again. Wallace should have gotten more, considering the punishment the other players got. Wallace didn't just push away Artest. He shoved him hard in the face, and then continued to go after him as people tried to separate them and Artest was walking away.

It just seems like such a victory for Detroit. I know the Pacers players attacked fans, but for their whole season to basically be ruined because of what Wallace started? It just doesn't seem fair.

Yes, Wallace did shove Artest and it was a pretty rough shove. However, how many times in any sport have we seen activity like this go down? Not to mention I've never heard of anybody getting suspended or fined extra because they continued to go after the player they were pissed at but couldn't reach them.

What Wallace did happens a lot in every sport, not just the NBA and that alone does not make him a horrible person or NBA player, if that were true I'd hate a LOT of players in every sport, not just Wallace. I don't feel bad for Artest simply because he had no problem getting himself seperated from Ben Wallace when Wallace wanted after him, but the minute a 5'10" white dude chucks a cup of beer at him, he's ready to chuck knuckles. Plus, the guy's a job anyway, get him out of the NBA, you can't hide Artest's track record for trouble. Good call Stern.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:20 PM   #153
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights
Yours are truly more incredible...

It was Ben Wallace of course! He made artest go lie down on the scorers table like a weirdo, HE MADE Artest rush up 6 rows and attack the WRONG GUY. HE MADE Artest throw two punches at a guy who didnt have his hands up at all. HE MADE artest jaunt the fans continuously of course.

I am awe of you Troy!!!

Gee, you're right. Again, I haven't explained why I feel Wallace shouldn't get a longer suspension, did I?

I'm also the only one in the thread with a "whacked out" opinion because I feel Wallace got off too lightly in this whole deal.

And what an incredibly hard foul. . . I mean he even grazed his arm and all. Screw it, from now on every player who thinks he's been fouled hard has the right to throw a fit on the court for ten minutes, make repeated efforts to attack a player who is walking away from the confrontation, and then throw things at him because he's pissed he doesn't fight.

Artest is an F'n schmuck, but that doesn't mean Wallace should simply skate from this as easily as he has. I guess that opinion makes me an idiot or
"whacked out"

I also like how I was respectful of everyone here and then I get two people throwing insults my way because they disagree with my opinion. (edit. . .I should have stopped here. I like Ksyrup and Jeff, even if they hate my guts. It's just too bad my opinion can't be respected. Oh well, we don't get everything we want.)

Last edited by TroyF : 11-21-2004 at 11:42 PM.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 02:11 AM   #154
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Wallace should've just taken the foul and his freethrows like a man. That little whiney macho bitch had to shove Artest and rile up the fucking crowd. And he had to continue to charge into Artest when it was clear that Artest was backing off and refused to retaliate physically.

And the fucktard who threw the cup should've been arrested for assault. Players expect to get booed and verbally abused, but NEVER physically assaulted with foreign objects in the court. Who knows what else the fan couldhave thrown at Artest?

Artest's reputation precedes him, that's why the punishment's so harsh. He probably deserves the same suspension as Stephen Jackson. Granted he's a loose nut and he's probably got a gagillion voices talking inside that screwed up head of his.

Everyone says that this is bad publicity for the the NBA, but I actually think this was sort of good. Now everyone's going to be waiting for the next big fight to happen (not soon... everyone's shitting their pants over the recent suspensions).
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 02:59 AM   #155
korme
Go Reds

I guess my thought that Artest/VC would get dealt for each other this year is now in the drain.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 04:03 AM   #156
Galaril
Pro Starter

Wow what really shocks me is with a Title like "FUCK THE NBA" this thread hasn't been locked and anyone thrown in the penalty box.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 05:55 AM   #157
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
Maybe so Black. . . but I still disagree and think Wallace deserves a much longer suspension. I think I was very respectful of the Pistons and their fans through all of my posts on the subject as well. I don't need any of them to tell me to get a clue, when my position is well thought out and not emotional.

I can see your point, but I firmly believe Wallace and his actions were the main cause of the entire fiasco. And I still do not believe it was a coincedence that the first object was thrown by a fan directly after Wallace threw his object at him.

Fair enough and well said.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 05:59 AM   #158
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
Wallace should've just taken the foul and his freethrows like a man. That little whiney macho bitch had to shove Artest and rile up the fucking crowd. And he had to continue to charge into Artest when it was clear that Artest was backing off and refused to retaliate physically.

And the fucktard who threw the cup should've been arrested for assault. Players expect to get booed and verbally abused, but NEVER physically assaulted with foreign objects in the court. Who knows what else the fan couldhave thrown at Artest?

Artest's reputation precedes him, that's why the punishment's so harsh. He probably deserves the same suspension as Stephen Jackson. Granted he's a loose nut and he's probably got a gagillion voices talking inside that screwed up head of his.

Everyone says that this is bad publicity for the the NBA, but I actually think this was sort of good. Now everyone's going to be waiting for the next big fight to happen (not soon... everyone's shitting their pants over the recent suspensions).

I agree with most of what you said, but I'd like to take issues with a couple of points.

1. If the fan who threw the cup is found, he will be very likely be charged. There's no excuse for throwing the cup of beer.

2. Artest did "back off". But I also saw him really hamming up the situation on the scorer's table. There's no doubt he was egging Wallace on. He really inflamed the situation and when someone threw that cup of beer, Artest blew a fuse and charged into the stands like a madman.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:09 AM   #159
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
I guess my thought that Artest/VC would get dealt for each other this year is now in the drain.

Stupid Raptors would still probably do a trade like this.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:18 AM   #160
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone
Muck Fichigan, way to go Ohio State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
lol. considering how divided michigan is between u of m and msu fans, thats funny.

you told half of us off!

Actually, I'd just like to note Ohio State kicked both of their asses this year.

Carry on.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:24 AM   #161
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad
When did this board lose the ability to have a discussion without acting like a bunch of 5 year olds?

Brad, Brad, Brad...you've been around long enough to know that we haven't compleated that quest yet. But someday, we'll make it. Someday.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:26 AM   #162
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Brad, Brad, Brad...you've been around long enough to know that we haven't compleated that quest yet. But someday, we'll make it. Someday.

I blame Skydog and his undies. That traumatized us forever. You just don't recover from something like that.

Last edited by Blackadar : 11-22-2004 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:52 PM   #163
MikeVic
Head Coach

I just saw now the other suspensions... how did Reggie Miller get 1 game? Did I miss him throwing a punch in his suit? I thought he was trying to hold people back.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:54 PM   #164
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
I just saw now the other suspensions... how did Reggie Miller get 1 game? Did I miss him throwing a punch in his suit? I thought he was trying to hold people back.

He left the bench. Stupid since he was trying to be a peace maker...
Old 11-22-2004, 11:06 PM   #165
Router Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
I agree with most of what you said, but I'd like to take issues with a couple of points.

1. If the fan who threw the cup is found, he will be very likely be charged. There's no excuse for throwing the cup of beer.

They know who he is, but he wasn't home today. He also has an interesting past: http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports...54/detail.html

The county prosecutor today said that they are looking at charging numerous fans with various misdemeanors. The only crime so far that would warrant a felony was the chair throwing. I don't think they have good video on that though. They said they still have a ton of video to go over though.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote