Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #1901
DataKing
Pro Rookie

iPad has arrived...happy day!
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #1902
JediKooter
Coordinator

Future real life Al Bundy?

Oregon running back scores eight TDs in game - Prep Rally - High School* - Yahoo! Sports

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #1903
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I keep impatiently checking my email to see if the confirmation of receipt for my proposal has come through. No such luck yet.

Proposing via email....Not too romantic Izulde, but I applaud your efficiency.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #1904
JediKooter
Coordinator

So I'm being put on permanent loan to Lucas Animation to help out with the Clone Wars cartoon and other projects. I'm only nervous because the project I'm working on, The big G, is personally involved and if it doesn't go well, I hope I just get moved back to my old building and not canned.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #1905
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
When I was younger, I always felt like a boy trapped in a woman's body. However, that all changed once I was born.

I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #1906
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
So I'm being put on permanent loan to Lucas Animation to help out with the Clone Wars cartoon and other projects. I'm only nervous because the project I'm working on, The big G, is personally involved and if it doesn't go well, I hope I just get moved back to my old building and not canned.

That's cool. Assuming you don't fuck up maybe he'll take notice of you and you'll get more responsibilities and such.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #1907
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
That's cool. Assuming you don't fuck up maybe he'll take notice of you and you'll get more responsibilities and such.

It's actually the other people I'm worried about, haha. Long story short, it's an in-house project and I'm doing the QA for it, but, there's not much of a QA culture* here, so I'm worried that 'on time delivery' may be an issue. I just hope that he doesn't decide to shut it down, since I am now in the same boat as the others that have been here a while.

* By no QA culture, I mean: There was no QA at all before I got here (I'm coming in about 2 weeks before delivery) and engineering is used to free range coding, so, there's some problems that I feel should have been fixed a long time ago.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #1908
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

But that was Oregon, not Polk High

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #1909
Poli
FOFC Survivor

So I'm flying out to Detroit to interview with a company in 10 days. Anyone got something for me to do until then?
Old 10-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #1910
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
But that was Oregon, not Polk High

SI

Haha! That is correct.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #1911
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
So I'm flying out to Detroit to interview with a company in 10 days. Anyone got something for me to do until then?

Whoa, wait. Is this a move to head off pending unemployment or did things change since your last post about your boss?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #1912
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Like, you're in Detroit for 10 days prior to the interview?

I think there's plenty of folk in here that know way more than I, but I always like to pimp the Henry Ford museum, which is semi-close by and has lots of good stuff if you like cars and/or history. The Detroit Institute of Art is an (surprisingly to some folks) awesome museum as well.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #1913
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'm sure Lions tickets should be easy to get.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #1914
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

As is real estate

SI

Old 10-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #1915
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
As is real estate

SI

Oh no doubt. Too bad it snows there.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #1916
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The red headed chick in that new Wendys commercial turns me on.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #1917
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

I think there's plenty of folk in here that know way more than I, but I always like to pimp the Henry Ford museum, which is semi-close by and has lots of good stuff if you like cars and/or history. The Detroit Institute of Art is an (surprisingly to some folks) awesome museum as well.

I was going to mention Greenfield Village, which is right next to the Henry Ford museum. You can probably get Red Wings tickets pretty cheaply, and that's always a fun time.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 PM   #1918
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

If a pizza needs the oven preheated to 400 degrees than I set my oven to 500 degrees because it will heat up faster. Right?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #1919
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Sound logic to me. Also, put it in before you even turn it on because going from the 250 to 500 will average out to close to 400, right?

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-15-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #1920
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Whoa, wait. Is this a move to head off pending unemployment or did things change since your last post about your boss?
Beating him to the punch.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #1921
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

They're flying me in that morning and back home that evening, unfortunately. I think I'll have that afternoon to blow.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #1922
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Heck of a HS football game tonight, one of those "if you didn't enjoy watching this, you just don't like football" kind of games.

Scoreless at the half despite drives by both teams that stalled out, it ends up 28-21 with every drive in the 2nd half ending with a TD except for the final one which ended with an INT at the defensive 35 with about :35 to play. And it was two teams playing with control of their own destiny for the post-season at stake, with the winners getting 3 TD's & 145 yds rushing from a senior QB, a dragging four defenders to the end zone 11 yd game-winning TD with 1:01 to play from a senior FB on his 2nd carry of the game, and the game-sealing INT from a lightly regarded senior nickel back ... all on Senior Night.

Relatively few penalties, only 1 turnover each, and a losing QB who was possibly the best player on the field for either team getting 160ish yards on 30 carries.

Damn that was fun ... especially since the right team won

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-16-2010 at 12:37 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #1923
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As is real estate

SI

As is getting murdered.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:58 AM   #1924
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What's this Sweetest Day shit? What's this bullshit? I don't fuckin' care! It don't matter. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the schmucks in high school, but you don't fool Steve. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha!

Last edited by stevew : 10-16-2010 at 12:58 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:11 AM   #1925
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Along the lines of watching football, I was part of a gem last night. I only wish I had kept track of the total number of penalties in the game. Instead, we had 8 personal fouls called, including 3 unsportsmanlike conducts, on both teams. I'd put the total number of penalties somewhere around 25 to 30.

5 miles down the road, the next week's opponent lost a game, 20-19.

The bad part? Ball on the 1 yard line with 45 seconds left in the game. Hillsboro is about to win this thing. The coach tells the quarterback instead to take a knee, but not in a way to lose yards. The QB took a step up as he got the snap and took a knee.

Turns out they wanted to burn Potosi's last two timeouts. Potosi obliges. They call timeout. Hillsboro runs the same play...basically calling two kneel downs while not losing yards. Potosi calls another timeout.

Hillsboro then calls a power off tackle play where they pitch the ball to the back as he hits the hole. The pitch goes over the back's head.

Potosi wins.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:12 AM   #1926
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Potosi had won the previous week, 20-19. Losing 19-0 at the half, Potosi completed two hail marys, including one on the final play to win it.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:05 AM   #1927
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
What's this Sweetest Day shit? What's this bullshit? I don't fuckin' care! It don't matter. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the schmucks in high school, but you don't fool Steve. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha!

Jesus.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #1928
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As is getting murdered.

See! There's stuff to do!

SI

Old 10-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #1929
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Huh?

SI

Old 10-16-2010, 11:09 AM   #1930
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Huh?

SI

Sweetest Day.. Kind of a regional thing in parts of the US. (Valentines Day light I guess)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #1931
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Sweetest Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Sweetest Day is an observance celebrated primarily in the Great Lakes region, and parts of the Northeast United States on the third Saturday in October.[1] Once known as a day to spread love and cheer to the unfortunate, this popular holiday in the northern U.S. is now known as a day to show affection to the ones in your life whom you like. It is described by Retail Confectioners International as an "occasion which offers all of us an opportunity to remember not only the sick, aged and orphaned, but also friends, relatives and associates whose helpfulness and kindness we have enjoyed."[2] Sweetest Day has also been referred to as a "concocted promotion"[3] created by the candy industry solely to increase sales of sweets.
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #1932
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Sean Connery was first offered the role of Gandolf in the LOTR movie trilogy. He turned down the deal along with the % of worldwide box office reciepts he was offered in the contract, conservatively losing between 300-400 million dollars with that decision.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #1933
MJ4H
Coordinator

Commercials are so puzzling sometimes. Direct TV is going with a guy breaking into a theater's back room and shooting a guy with a blow dart to steal the movies as their newest campaign.

Really?

I have noticed lots of examples of just bewildering choices lately, but this one was just on again and it prompted me to finally post.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #1934
MJ4H
Coordinator

Also, what the hell DID happen to all the cereal commercials?
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:41 PM   #1935
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Commercials are so puzzling sometimes. Direct TV is going with a guy breaking into a theater's back room and shooting a guy with a blow dart to steal the movies as their newest campaign.

Really?

I have noticed lots of examples of just bewildering choices lately, but this one was just on again and it prompted me to finally post.

How about the tire commercial with all of the cartoon animals that have been run over in the road? I was shocked on that one the first time I saw it (how does that pass through a test audience?) and then they have continued to use it for close to a year (if not more).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #1936
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Sean Connery was first offered the role of Gandolf in the LOTR movie trilogy. He turned down the deal along with the % of worldwide box office reciepts he was offered in the contract, conservatively losing between 300-400 million dollars with that decision.

kind of like the deal Peter Jackson had where the accountants said the movies all lost money?
Old 10-17-2010, 04:25 PM   #1937
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post

Really?

I STILL don't understand that car commercial where the kid races a bunch of other kids home and then jumps in his mom's car.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #1938
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
I STILL don't understand that car commercial where the kid races a bunch of other kids home and then jumps in his mom's car.

I actually have a theory about this ad (although I'm not quite so sure WHY I put so much time into the analysis). I think originally, the kid's not challenging him to a race, but calling him over to take his lunch money/bully him. Note that you don't see the first kid's face when he's talking (he could've easily been dubbed), and he's waving the shrimpy little kid over, while the overdub is talking about racing home, and their behavior throughout the ad suggests something more devious than just a race.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #1939
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
kind of like the deal Peter Jackson had where the accountants said the movies all lost money?

I've always gotten a kick out of that.

"Sorry, the movie lost money. By the way, can we interest you in this contract for three sequels?"
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #1940
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:

I always thought that commercial was about a kid being bullied. It just doesn't make sense. And then the mother is like "oh there you are" when he jumps into the car.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #1941
korme
Go Reds

Sweetest day is round 2 of valentines day. Why can't that happen with cool holidays like christmas, cinco de mayo, and st. pattys day??
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:02 AM   #1942
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Sweetest day is round 2 of valentines day. Why can't that happen with cool holidays like christmas, cinco de mayo, and st. pattys day??

Hallmark sucker.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:31 AM   #1943
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I'd never heard of Sweetest Day until someone here started bitching about it. Sounds like one of those things that'll go away if you ignore it.

And what's so cool about Cinco de Mayo and St. Patrick's Day? I must be getting old because I want Labor Day to come around more than once a year. That's another day I don't have to go to work.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:12 AM   #1944
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Amen to that, Pumpy. Sure, I guess those days are nice for the drinking set. But I'd rather have days I don't have to go to work

SI

Old 10-18-2010, 06:41 AM   #1945
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I always thought that commercial was about a kid being bullied. It just doesn't make sense. And then the mother is like "oh there you are" when he jumps into the car.

right. where is she going? and why is she just sitting in her driveway?
Old 10-18-2010, 08:05 AM   #1946
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:

The other thing that bothers me about that commercial is that the music doesn't fit what we're watching. It's too light.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #1947
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Wait a minute though - according to wikipedia, this holiday is suposed to be payback: "commonly involves women giving their husband or boyfriends candy"

So what the hell - women are claiming that they're supposed to get shit both days? Whatever man caved to this should be locked in a utility closet.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #1948
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Another ad that bothers me: the Buffalo Wild Wings spot where the dude in the bar says "the only way this could get better is overtime", and the stadium sprinkler guy arranges to keep the game going by tripping up players and fouling up a field goal.

....but everybody in the bar is wearing the colors of the team that is losing at first, then misses the field goal. A) There are plenty of things better than losing by 7 and B) why would they cheer missing the winning field goal?
Old 10-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #1949
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Wait a minute though - according to wikipedia, this holiday is suposed to be payback: "commonly involves women giving their husband or boyfriends candy"

So what the hell - women are claiming that they're supposed to get shit both days? Whatever man caved to this should be locked in a utility closet.

It also says that it was cooked up in Cleveland, which makes it that much easier to disregard.

(I'd never heard of it before Shorty's mention. What happens in Ohio stays in Ohio from now on k thx.)
Old 10-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #1950
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

Yes, that commercial sucks. I don't even know what it's for - which makes me happy, because I don't like rewarding shitty advertising with undeserved recall/recognition.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote