Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2005, 07:10 PM   #1901
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
oh ardent, you owe me for letting you out of the brig...that damn singing got too annoying

Old 09-12-2005, 07:13 PM   #1902
hoopsguy
General Manager

He will die of thirst in 2 days, but until then we won't be able to have a nurse.

If he is alive tomorrow I would expect Vince to try and bring him back to us again. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, but my vote for Raiders was based upon killing him so we can promote Pennywise and have two scanners starting tomorrow morning.

I'll change to ensure that we have enough votes on someone, if required - I don't want to have to allocate water for an extra guy. Kind of brutal, but we are now at that stage in the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:15 PM   #1903
Fouts
College Starter

We're giving a free turn to the spawn. I think we have it narrowed down. We can kill one and scan the other. Who else isn't spoken for?

Vote Lathum
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:16 PM   #1904
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
He will die of thirst in 2 days, but until then we won't be able to have a nurse.

If he is alive tomorrow I would expect Vince to try and bring him back to us again. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, but my vote for Raiders was based upon killing him so we can promote Pennywise and have two scanners starting tomorrow morning.

I'll change to ensure that we have enough votes on someone, if required - I don't want to have to allocate water for an extra guy. Kind of brutal, but we are now at that stage in the game.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:18 PM   #1905
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Old 09-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #1906
Raiders Army
Coordinator

LOL
Old 09-12-2005, 07:20 PM   #1907
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
LOL
Old 09-12-2005, 07:20 PM   #1908
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote Lathum.

I can see voting for RA too. If I need to change it I will.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #1909
saldana
Pro Starter

i think this is the better idea

vote lathum
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #1910
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 09-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #1911
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
The three dots are microscopic spawn that enter you through your peehole.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #1912
MrBug708
Head Coach

Vote - Lathum
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:33 PM   #1913
hoopsguy
General Manager

With Bug's vote, I have a count of 5-5 right now.
Bek - Lathum (1682)
Raiders - RealDeal (1774), Jeff (1776), Pennywise (1778), Hoopsguy (1829), Schmidty (1833)
Lathum - Blade (1895), Fouts (1903), KWhit (1908), Saldana (1909), Bug (1912)
Old 09-12-2005, 07:34 PM   #1914
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Vote Lathum

In self-defense.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #1915
hoopsguy
General Manager

A tremendous vote by the quadrapelegic, in self-defense.

Does anyone have the post number for Bek's vote? I could not find it.

There were a couple of posts earlier today that were votes/unvotes. It is possible that Bek was in this group. I just looked through the last 100 or so.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:38 PM   #1916
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 09-12-2005, 07:40 PM   #1917
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guys, I'm not sure this is a free turn for the spawn, per se. We are getting a nurse one turn earlier by voting for Raiders. A vote for Lathum feels a little random - like we are voting for him because he has been working off-shift and because no one is vouching for him.

The last time I put a counter-argument out like this we got Marc, so perhaps it is better this way. I'm just worried that we have multiple spawn who are now moving here to lynch a villager and go after Vince in the brig after our change in personnel. I'm having a hard time reading the bandwagons in this game.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #1918
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
A tremendous vote by the quadrapelegic, in self-defense.

Does anyone have the post number for Bek's vote? I could not find it.

There were a couple of posts earlier today that were votes/unvotes. It is possible that Bek was in this group. I just looked through the last 100 or so.
bek didnt vote yet, lathum voted for bek in post 1682

i think it is important that someone die tonight, so i guess

unvote lathum, vote RA
Old 09-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #1919
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ardent, we are going to need a vote from you, it appears.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:50 PM   #1920
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 09-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #1921
hoopsguy
General Manager

nm, saldana has broken the tie.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:54 PM   #1922
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm very suspicious of people voting for Latum right now. I think it's pretty clear cut that getting Penny to a nurse position is worth "wasting" tonight.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:55 PM   #1923
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, fwiw Saldana has moved up the trust ladder by showing a secret role. I'm glad you were able to clear Bug. I'm wondering if anyone playing this rule set has the duplicant play any role other than doctor. Vigilante, perhaps?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:56 PM   #1924
Fouts
College Starter

I don't know that Lathum is a spawn. My reasoning is this: we need to start narrowing down the field, and giving water to those that are helping the survivors. I am voting for someone with a higher probability of being a spawn (than the others), and hasn't really contributed to the analysis.

If we believe Vince, then RA is no longer a spawn. Why vote for a confirmed survivor? This is similar to the dart being used on a villager. I don't waste good guys for no good reason. Then again, I have been known to be wrong on who the good guys are.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #1925
RealDeal
High School Varsity

RA is the better vote becuase we get another scanner. Let's keep our all on the ball guys. There was a strategy put in place: put penny in the brig tonight, kill RA, penny becomes nurse. I don't know if it's the best or worst plan, but it was better than what we've done the last two days and it definitely sets us up with a second scanner.

With the extra scan we can get from penny, we can scan Lathum tomorrow .

The two days it will take RA to die from thirst is a long time. We can't wait until we are out of water to get the extra scan.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #1926
saldana
Pro Starter

i tried to save it until i thought it would be the most useful....also, i volunteer to be left off the water list...we dont really need 5 engineers, and my secret power is gone
Old 09-12-2005, 08:00 PM   #1927
Fouts
College Starter

I don't agree with the vote, but I will try to keep a team effort.

Unvote Lathum

Vote Raiders Army
Old 09-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #1928
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 09-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #1929
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Voting window closed.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #1930
RealDeal
High School Varsity

If you were willing to be left off the water list and die, why didn't you do two short scans instead of one long one?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #1931
hoopsguy
General Manager

I still think the Penny scan tomorrow goes towards Vince, so we know that each of them is a force for good for the remainder of their tenure in the game. I'll keep them both properly hydrated with high quality H2O after we get that news.

Also, what do people think is the right amount of engineers to keep around? We obviously can't have five of them. But as of right now all five engineers have been cleared in some way, shape or form.

Saldana - duplicant today
MrW - empathic Day 3, helped deliver Dubb (converted spawn 50% retain empathic, but actions do not suggest this on Day 3 at least)
MrBug - scanned by Saldana today
Jeff - self-proclaimed Vigilante Night 3, never contradicted
Bek - Absolute Trust, cleared by Pennywise
Old 09-12-2005, 08:04 PM   #1932
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
If you were willing to be left off the water list and die, why didn't you do two short scans instead of one long one?
i thought i could become infected in a short scan...i didnt have time to re-read the role and screwed up...my bad...i could only be infected by a spawnling (which there arent any more of). i should have done 2 short.

Last edited by saldana : 09-12-2005 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #1933
Poli
FOFC Survivor

As I could not be around at the time of voting ending I asked Ardent to post this for me. -BK

The day comes to an end and emotions run high. While some are very uncomfortable picking on a vegatable, especially one their doctor says might be curable, the crowd in the end decides all he is doing is taking up valuable space. And so the crowd descends upon Raiders Army.

Just as they are about to unleash their fury upon him, and booming voice goes
HALT!. Everyone turns to their Captain, Ardent Enthusiast to see what he has to say.

"While I understand the crew's wanting to kill Raiders I cannot allow that to happen. Instead I order you to kill
jeff!"

At first no one moves, but then they remember that their trust in the Captain, and that he has not led them astray. Jeff is taken completely by surprised and can't mutter more than a few words protesting his innocence before the crowd swarms upon him. Soon he is dead and his body dismembered only to find that Jeff was but a
SURVIVOR!.

Murmurs immeadiately start as to whether the Captain can be trusted anymore, as the crew heads to sleep.

There is a mandatory mutiny vote tonight. You must send me a message either with:

Vote Yes (meaning kill Ardent)

or

Vote No (meaning keep Ardent)

All votes, and night actions, are due by 9 AM tomorrow morning. All votes are by PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #1934
Poli
FOFC Survivor

All right guys, you deserve an explanation.

I never trusted Jeff061. Sorry. I owe you one, Jeff.

I sent in this order very early this morning. I didn't want RA to die, and I want Vince to revive him. I knew someone had to go, so I went with my best guess. I was wrong. I felt like I HAD to do something. At least it is one less mouth to feed water.

You'll notice I voted RA early, but switched off. I wanted to see if anyone would follow the vote. I switched off when it was confirmed by barkeep that Jeff would be dieing regardless because of my order.

That said, I'd like to remain the captain, so VOTE NO to keep me.

Plus, if you keep me I be splitting me buried treasure with ya. That's a promise as true as the North Star. What say ye?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:06 PM   #1935
SnDvls
Pro Starter

am I too late??

damn time change

Last edited by SnDvls : 09-12-2005 at 08:07 PM.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 08:07 PM   #1936
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i could have become a spawn

No. That only happens if you found a spawnling, and there aren't spawnlings anymore.

Quote:
Doctor (2 AP per cycle)
Short examination Day Only The Doctor may choose to examine any crew member. If the crew member is a survivor, the doctor will learn this. If the crew member is infected, but has not yet become a spawn (in other words a spawnling), the doctor will learn this, and have a good chance of curing the crew member. In this case there is a small chance the doctor will become infected or that either or both the doctor and crew member will die. If the crew member is a spawn the doctor and crew member will die. 1 AP
Old 09-12-2005, 08:07 PM   #1937
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've been under a gag order for about the past hour...hence the ... posts.

The dots represent my agony.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:11 PM   #1938
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, I guess this plays a role in my engineer conversation from earlier.

Ardent, I'm sure I speak for all the non-spawn when I say that I wish you had guessed better. Can you walk through what was the logic behind the Jeff vote? As I've noted earlier today, I'm pretty inclined to think that you are not spawn but would love to hear a little more on this before casting the mutiny vote tonight.

I think lynching Lathum, to pick one person, would have been a preferred way to go. Obviously this is posted with hindsight being 20/20 and everyone would have toasted your name if you had nailed a spawn here.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:12 PM   #1939
saldana
Pro Starter

WTF AE!!!!!! the logic to kill raiders was flawless...i like RA just as much as the next guy, but now we have a day with no scans!!!! we have to waste the doctor again to TRY to cure the veggie????!!!! thanks to you, we get nothing again tommorow and i wasted my duplicant ability today to make up for the attempt to save RA.

havent you ever seen star trek 2? the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or the one...RA's death would have probably won the game for us.

WTF!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:13 PM   #1940
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
No. That only happens if you found a spawnling, and there aren't spawnlings anymore.
yeah, see post 1932
Old 09-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #1941
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This morning Lathum wasn't on the radar, but he definitely is tonight. This morning and the past couple of days I've thought Jeff may be the last guy. My main concern was his use of vigilante. He went after kingfc when I'm not sure he should have.

I felt if Jeff was dirty, we'd be done, or maybe have Fouts up next. I was wrong. Maybe Lathum is our guy.

Regardless, the decision was made early this morning, before the votes started rolling out. I knew we needed someone gone today.

I suppose this is a golden opportunity to take two people out of the game, though I highly suggest you don't do that.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #1942
RealDeal
High School Varsity

We suck, all of us including myself. Why can't we stick to the same plan for at least a day at a time.

This is real simple: if we maximize our total number of scans, share our info, and lynch an uncleared person every turn, we win. If we pull four different ways, we lose.

I don't understand what's so hard about getting a replacement nurse. Today we managed to squander the doctor's AP points and kill another innocent non-comatose crew member all without managing to do anything to make penny a nurse-- although we did manage to put him in the brig, which doesn't mean shit since he's not a nurse now. Plus, we had a second duplicant who for some reason did a long scan (essentially wasting a scan), and our doctor refuses to do anything other than a long scan.

Up until 30 minutes before the deadline we were going to have a nurse, then half of us suddenly decided to band wagon another guy, and then our captain decided to kill a third guy instead.

What exactly are we trying to do here?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #1943
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
WTF AE!!!!!! the logic to kill raiders was flawless...i like RA just as much as the next guy, but now we have a day with no scans!!!! we have to waste the doctor again to TRY to cure the veggie????!!!! thanks to you, we get nothing again tommorow and i wasted my duplicant ability today to make up for the attempt to save RA.

havent you ever seen star trek 2? the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or the one...RA's death would have probably won the game for us.

WTF!
The order was sent well before any of this transpired. Sorry. I did what I thought was right.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #1944
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Deja Vu.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:20 PM   #1945
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sorry, bud.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:20 PM   #1946
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

That makes so little sense I can't even be mad.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #1947
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well at least there's that.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #1948
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah last time this happened I spent 4 hours convincing people not to vote for me, succesfully, only to be duked(I was innocent then to).

Soooo, at least I didn't waste any time this time .

Old 09-12-2005, 08:25 PM   #1949
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, we don't have to try and save Raiders again tomorrow. But now it is once again an option for Vince, or any officer who decides to order this.

This is not an ideal result, obviously. But if Vince takes another crack at Raiders again tomorrow and is successful then that could get us our 2nd scan tomorrow. I don't see any wiggle room in the role descriptions that would allow Raiders to have been re-converted (as noted by Vince).

Two issues I see:
1.) We changed the mix in the brig, potentially introducing more danger to Vince
2.) If we go Raiders again tomorrow and can't bring him back to us, then there is a pretty good chance we will be repeating today's plan of attack. Lost time.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:27 PM   #1950
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I was looking out for you.