Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #1901
RendeR
Coordinator

I think my point is why would I bother scaning anyone if I'm sylar?

The heros are going to get the company guys far faster than he can and he knows that everyone is his enemy, there is nothing useful for sylar to scan for.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #1902
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mau, since it is only a matter of time before we take you down do you feel like sharing any information with us on the other faction?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #1903
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Are you fucking serious? Why WOULDN'T I lie about being the Duke. I tried not making it too obvious that I was the duke but what kind of power is being able to add one vote? Pbbffft.

I try saving myself as a hero by miraculously nailing a company member/sylar and now all of a sudden I'm going to be lynched next day anyways.

Trust me, I'm not a company member or sylar. I'm the Duke. I'm going to be looking into the guys who really jumped at the opportunities to quickly vote for me.

It was indeed a ONE time use so if you DO choose to lynch me again I will not be able to do it again.

I apologize completely Heinz for not voting for anybody. I tried talking out loud possible scenarios in my email to Heinz that I forgot to vote.

Anyways, if you seriously want to vote for me after today that is fine but really, we should be going a different route.

My shortened thought process:

I use my duke ability to take out one of the people who aren't on any list as "for sure not Sylar." That's why I took out barkeep. I wanted to take someone out who wasn't on any lists to be scanned(i.e. DaddyT, my original PM to Heinz was to lynch him instead) and has been pretty quiet.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #1904
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry for the naughty word, by the way. I was smiling during the lynch post from Heinz, HOPING that I nailed someone really bad but it didn't happen. I started getting madder and madder as I saw my name mentioned more and more.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #1905
The Jackal
Coordinator

Meh, I believe you have the duke power but I'm nowhere near convinced that you aren't sylar. Why didn't you take out DT who a lot of us suspected as the last company member, anyways?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #1906
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

As I previously explained, everyone was going to be doing their snooping on DT so I didn't want to lose any information. I was trying to get lucky by taking out someone else. I wanted to shorten the 'sylar list' while find out more about DT since supposedly everyone wanted to know more about. Nothing else to it.

vote daddytorgo

Why would I be Sylar and have a Duke role? Nobody that has died had the Duke role. My understanding is that Sylar can absorb an ability after a kill, certainly no duke has died yet.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #1907
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Sorry for the naughty word, by the way. I was smiling during the lynch post from Heinz, HOPING that I nailed someone really bad but it didn't happen. I started getting madder and madder as I saw my name mentioned more and more.

Your language is really fucking out of bounds. Fucker.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:23 PM   #1908
path12
Coordinator

Did anyone get a scan on DaddyTorgo?
Old 03-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #1909
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not sure that use of Duke power = good guy in this game. But the write-up certainly seems to suggest Elle (electricity) which makes it hard to believe he is Sylar. I'm surprised she is in the game without her father, but so be it.

Your explanation on taking out Barkeep makes sense - probably not the guy I would have taken out, but so be it.

So why would Sylar opt to take out Thomkal last night? Sure he fears the spy role, but at some point he is going to have to deal with Peter, Isaac, and two guys who don't die easily (me and Path) to get down to four players. Thomkal's powers probably are not the most interesting ones out there. The only conclusion I can draw is get rid of someone who can watch him that is unlikely to be guarded.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #1910
Schmidty
Coordinator

I have one request:

Will the true Sylar please vote for me? PLEEEAAASE!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #1911
The Jackal
Coordinator

I still find Mau's overall story a little fishy but I really believe DT has more to hide.

unvote mau

vote DT
Old 03-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #1912
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I still find Mau's overall story a little fishy but I really believe DT has more to hide.

unvote mau

vote DT

My story isn't fishy. You'll see when I revealed my role that I said something to the effect: "I don't think I'm a good enough player to make a decision that is best for the heroes." I tried and it ended up backfiring a little but it still worked to a certain extent for the heroes. I shorted the list for possible Sylar targets, or so that was my attempt.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #1913
hoopsguy
General Manager

So Mau, where do you think we go from here?
Old 03-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #1914
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So Mau, where do you think we go from here?

classic hoops question
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #1915
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
My story isn't fishy. You'll see when I revealed my role that I said something to the effect: "I don't think I'm a good enough player to make a decision that is best for the heroes." I tried and it ended up backfiring a little but it still worked to a certain extent for the heroes. I shorted the list for possible Sylar targets, or so that was my attempt.

Yeah. I guess it's good that BK is cleared, though it's a shame the way it had to happen.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #1916
path12
Coordinator

I don't know if I did this yet.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

My opinions and questions of and about him haven't changed.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #1917
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Here's the updated list of people who are still alive, green indicates strong confidence that the player in question is not Sylar:

1. Claphamsa - Noah Bennett/HRG
2. hoopsguy - Claire Bennett
3. The Jackal - Eden McCain
5. RendeR - Isaac Mendez
8. path12 - Adam Monroe
9. Greyroofoo - Ted
13. DaddyTorgo - Nathan Petrelli
14. Mauboy1 - Elle Woods
15. Schmidty - Peter Petrelli
16. Neon Chaos - Lyle Bennett
17. Chief Rum - Matt Parkman
21. Mr. Wednesday - Hiro

Folks that are not highlighted, either do not have a direct connection to corroborate their identity (or, if it were stated, I forgot it).

I highlighted myself not because of personal confidence, but because I have claimed a role that has an external corroboration (SnDvls) for its existence. Without SnDvls claim that Hiro was in the game and had exchanged messages with him, I would leave myself in black (or highlight in a different color).

I would welcome any corrections that would improve the quality of this work, I simply don't have the time to go back and troll for additional connections between people that corroborate identity.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #1918
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

As things stand, I think the best target is DT. We can re-evaluate tomorrow if we're wrong.

VOTE DaddyTorgo

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 03-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #1919
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Double dola, I feel a lot better about mau now than I did yesterday. I maybe even should shade him green, because the power adds up and IIRC she hadn't been killed by Sylar through the point in season 2 where I postponed watching.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #1920
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
classic hoops question

Yeah, considering I have no idea how to answer it. I wish I had the best possible evidence to point us in the right direction.

However, I stand by my statement in which I wanted to clear two people, one being the person I lynched and myself. I figured everyone would be hard on DaddyT for night stuff and now RendeR conveniently forgot to submit something. I semi believe him but I won't be forgetting the mistake any time soon.

Last night I submitted to Heinz that I wanted to Lynch DT. I submitted it last night just in case I didn't get back to the forums in time to do some more research on my decision. My thoughts then transformed into what I did today. Good or bad move? I'm not sure yet. If I get lynched tonight, it was obviously a bad move. If I had lynched DT instead and he was a hero as well, would I still be getting lynched? Who knows. It's all hindsight and it looks like people are coming to their senses anyways about this whole thing.

Is DaddyT on top of my list? Probably not, everyone is even in my book pretty much with the exception of a few.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #1921
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

no more runnaways peiople!!!!!

has anyone cleared neon? I dont trust them furriners!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #1922
RendeR
Coordinator

I pm'd with JH about my missed scan, totally my fault for not ensuring it went through last night. I won't make the same mistake twice I assure you.

I'm going to say we all (those shaded green thus far) should vote together and simply work our way through things. It gives us the advantage in numbers and it gives those of us with scanning ability spying ability the time to really work.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

I will be submitting my conditoinal scan orders in about 5 minutes.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #1923
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok, my vote is in AND my orders are in. I apologize again for last night guys, wasted chance and it was all my fault.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #1924
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
no more runnaways peiople!!!!!

has anyone cleared neon? I dont trust them furriners!

I don't think pushing for close votes really works for us anymore clam....at this stage we trust enough people to simply pick them off one at a time till we hit paydirt.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #1925
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would like to see if DT is even going to mount a defense. We've had some quiet/half-hearted defenses by people to questioning. By and large that has worked out well, but I would prefer conversation because I generally feel like you learn more when people respond to pressure. It also is good for the game in a long-term sense when people are engaged and care about the outcome and their survival.

I'll end up throwing my vote on DT, more than likely, but I'm not sure it matters at this point. As it looks right now my theory on Mau has been proven wrong (Mau = Sylar) like a number of my ideas this game. I'm just glad we are doing well as a team up to this point, despite the adversity of the last day.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:00 PM   #1926
hoopsguy
General Manager

Night kills so far this game:

11. NTNDeacon - Hero - Bullet to Brain Night One
22. oliegirl - Hero - Dead of unkown causes Night Two
12. SnDvls - Hero - Beaten to Death Night Four
18. Narcizo - Hero - Head Cut Off Night Four
23. Alan T - Hero - Poisoned Night Five
20. Barkeep49 - Hero - Zapped by Mauboy1 Day Six
6. Thomkal (fka Pass) - Hero - Head Cut off Night Six
Old 03-11-2008, 08:14 PM   #1927
hoopsguy
General Manager

Night 1 - we've gone with the assumption that this was a Company kill due to the use of a gun.

Night 2 - this is the hardest one to figure, no real information to work with on the kill. It could potentially be a Sylar kill if he starts with no powers, only acquiring power with his kills. However, in the show he acquires powers that allow him to do his signature head kill that we are seeing in the later kills. That hasn't happened with anyone that has been killed here, certainly not Wes. So that diminishes for me, to some extent, the idea that Sylar starts "powerless" and that this is his kill. I guess I still lean towards Company here.

Night 3 - This is the night Path indicates he was attacked by a flying character. No other night kill here - Sylar or Company? Alan has basically called out DT as having the ability to do this. The ability could potentially be Sylar (stole West/Olie powers on Night 2) or DT's Nathan claim, although he has had ample opportunity to confess to taking this action with good intentions.

Night 4 - clear Sylar kill on Narcizo, clear Company kill on SnDvls

Night 5 - nothing to indicate that Sylar would poison, sounds like Company to me

Night 6 - clear Sylar kill

So, I would buy into the idea that Sylar/Company rotate kills, but if so then what happened on Night 4 when they both got kill options?

Company: N1 (80%), N2 (40%), N4 (100%)
Sylar: N1 (20%), N2 (60%), N4 (100%), N6 (100%)
Old 03-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #1928
hoopsguy
General Manager

I really wish we had the damn scan on DT - it would go a long ways towards helping decide what to do with Path. If Path was honest about being attacked on Night 3 and still volunteered for Grey to attack him then I 100% trust him. If he bluffed about being night attacked then he could have bluffed again with Grey, knowing he would absolutely survive it.

I would like to see him as our next scan, I think. And I would like to see someone account for MrW's actions at night. We don't know a thing about his powers so far, what kind of information he may have collected, etc. I would like some kind of discussion in the thread about pros/cons of revealing this information now that we are up to Day #7
Old 03-12-2008, 12:05 AM   #1929
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, going to bed. DT seems to be a no-show since at least deadline. I would have liked to at least hear from him as I'm having a hard time believing that Nathan Petrelli is Sylar - I'm fully expecting that role to be in the game and would prefer to take shots at people who could be either Company or Sylar.

Whatever side he is on, I hope he shows up at some point to join in the discussion before being led off to his death.

VOTE DADDYTORGO
Old 03-12-2008, 12:07 AM   #1930
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
1. Claphamsa - Noah Bennett/HRG
2. hoopsguy - Claire Bennett
3. The Jackal - Eden McCain
5. RendeR - Isaac Mendez
8. path12 - Adam Monroe
9. Greyroofoo - Ted
13. DaddyTorgo - Nathan Petrelli
14. Mauboy1 - Elle Woods
15. Schmidty - Peter Petrelli
16. Neon Chaos - Lyle Bennett
17. Chief Rum - Matt Parkman
21. Mr. Wednesday - Hiro

I would suggest you double check that list.

I can verify that The Jackal is not Sylar. I scanned him last night, and he was nowhere near Thomkal. I'm definitely not Sylar. If someone wants to verify my identity tonight via scanning, kindly do so. I'm surprised noone has done that yet.

If we consider that mauboy's power is indeed Elle Woods' and the fact DT cannot be Sylar by being a major character (as hoops said), then we're stuck with no Sylar, and an all-green list.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sylar started off having a couple of powers. Ones he got from other people that aren't in the list of players. Does anyone know if he might have a power on the TV show to hide himself or something similar?

We will need to take a second look at everyone, their reveals, and their claims to innocence.

As for my vote, I will have to go with my gut, and The Jackal today.

Vote DaddyTorgo
Old 03-12-2008, 01:28 AM   #1931
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't know we have any smoking gun here, but, really, as hoops said, we're in a strong position to pick off enemies going forward. I am comfortable with going after DT tomorrow.

VOTE DADDY TORGO

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:20 AM   #1932
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

daddytorgo is here!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 08:24 AM   #1933
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I am not Sylar.

Lynching me will not net you Sylar.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:26 AM   #1934
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I should be around till deadline, so whatever people want to know I'll answer.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #1935
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

If it's not me and it's not Mau then it's either Jackel or Neon (or Path, but i will let that rest for the moment). Neon is claiming to vouch for Jackel and then states that he's going to follow Jackel's vote on me. Seems like a nice easy way to hide your vote in the middle of a developing runaway. Seems to me that the only way Neon could be sure that Jackel isn't Sylar and would back him is if Neon is Sylar.

I am not Sylar. I'm willing to concede that perhaps I was wrong about Path for the moment, as going by the "green list" it's got to either be mau/jackel/neon and if jackel was sylar and neon actually wasn't then neon would find out that he was sylar and reveal that. but if neon's sylar than he can safely say jackel isn't and gain trust from everyone that way. for the moment i'm willing to concede that neither mau nor path are sylar.

VOTE NEON CHAOS
Old 03-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #1936
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
If it's not me and it's not Mau then it's either Jackel or Neon (or Path, but i will let that rest for the moment). Neon is claiming to vouch for Jackel and then states that he's going to follow Jackel's vote on me. Seems like a nice easy way to hide your vote in the middle of a developing runaway. Seems to me that the only way Neon could be sure that Jackel isn't Sylar and would back him is if Neon is Sylar.

I am not Sylar. I'm willing to concede that perhaps I was wrong about Path for the moment, as going by the "green list" it's got to either be mau/jackel/neon and if jackel was sylar and neon actually wasn't then neon would find out that he was sylar and reveal that. but if neon's sylar than he can safely say jackel isn't and gain trust from everyone that way. for the moment i'm willing to concede that neither mau nor path are sylar.

VOTE NEON CHAOS

I am not claiming to vouch for Jackal. I am vouching for Jackal. I scanned him last night, and saw him do nothing.

I have stated my two abilities during my reveal, in case you or anyone else has missed it: I have PM rights with one person that I choose (Narcizo first, and now Jackal). I also have a random chance of scanning someone's abilities if that person uses it that night. Last night, I scanned Jackal in order to close the circle even more, and I was succesful, I didn't see anything that would indicate that he killed Thomkal. I know it looks bad for me being Sylar, but hey, we've got the numbers right now, and the more people we can clear, the better.

If you don't turn out to be a bad guy tonight, I will be willing to put myself on the line tomorrow. I have nothing to hide, in fact, I would like Render or Schmidty to scan me to prove it.

Your sudden obsession about trying to divert the vote towards me leads me to believe that your are probably a Company member. Path12's escape of a "flying" night kill and your ability certainly points towards that.

I would be open to being a lynch candidate tomorrow if noone can prove that I am not Sylar tonight. But the fact is, you're most likely the last Company member (if there wasn't a conversion), and you're trying to misdirect everyone to buy yourself some time.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #1937
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

DaddyTorgo (8): mauboy1 (1906), Jackal (1911), path12 (1916), Mr. Wednesday (1918), RendeR (1922), hoopsguy (1929), NeonChaos (1930), ChiefRum (1931)

Mauboy1 (2): GRF (1882), claphamsa (1887)

Neon Chaos (1): DaddyTorgo (1935)

Not voting: Schmidty
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:16 AM   #1938
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

night kills are not correlated to abilities. i have killed in all sorts of different ways during the game. so your logic there is faulty Neon.

i did try to kill path and failed. and since Sylar can't be night-killed by the company, we should assume path=sylar

UNVOTE NEON CHAOS

VOTE DADDYTORGO
Old 03-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #1939
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, can you give us the rundown on Company activities so far? Might as well get this out now rather than in the post-game ... what were the rules on killing? Why did you guys target who you did?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #1940
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ah, let's wait till the postgame hoopy-doo. i'd rather focus on trying to puzzle through who sylar is with you guys over the next 2 hours.

like i said - i targeted path one night and it was unsuccessful. which made me think that he is Sylar. to be honest i'm not really sure what he has said/done that clears him. but keep in mind his victory conditions are different - he doesn't need to get to 1:1 or anything, just till there are 4 total people left.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #1941
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in general though: we got 1 kill a night - our targeting who we did was largely a "scattershot" approach to try to keep you all guessing.

with thomkal the other day - both sylar and myself must have targeted thomkal and sylar's kill took priority over mine. so you all lucked out there. so look for people who can't account for their whereabouts/actions on that night in particular.

in fact finding sylar should be easy, just cross-reference that with people who can't account for their actions/whereabouts on the nights sylar got other kills.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #1942
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

ugh
Old 03-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #1943
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, Grey has been cleared as a villager and he used his power on Path. Path lived - he should have been able to be night-killed by a villager.

This would support the idea that he is Adam Monroe. I'm up for any alternative theories that you have on how Sylar would have lived through a villager night-kill.

I don't disagree with your other thoughts on Sylar, in terms of how to find him. But Path has done a good job of presenting a case for him being Adam. So I'm not inclined to vote for him today - let RendeR sort it out and we keep looking for Sylar elsewhere during the next day.

Do you feel like commenting, one way or another, on if your death would mean the end of the Company in this game? Do you want to comment one way or another on conversion as a mechanic? Tell the truth, lie, whatever floats your boat. I'll at least listen.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #1944
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
DT, Grey has been cleared as a villager and he used his power on Path. Path lived - he should have been able to be night-killed by a villager.

This would support the idea that he is Adam Monroe. I'm up for any alternative theories that you have on how Sylar would have lived through a villager night-kill.

I don't disagree with your other thoughts on Sylar, in terms of how to find him. But Path has done a good job of presenting a case for him being Adam. So I'm not inclined to vote for him today - let RendeR sort it out and we keep looking for Sylar elsewhere during the next day.

Do you feel like commenting, one way or another, on if your death would mean the end of the Company in this game? Do you want to comment one way or another on conversion as a mechanic? Tell the truth, lie, whatever floats your boat. I'll at least listen.

I see. Well then I suppose Path isn't Sylar. Which makes it Mau or Neon, as I don't see a reason for Neon to fake-clear Jackel unless Neon's actually Sylar and trying to buy trust.

Or it's somebody on the green-list who has hoodwinked you all.
Do I feel like commenting...hmmm. Let me ponder that.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 AM   #1945
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
in general though: we got 1 kill a night - our targeting who we did was largely a "scattershot" approach to try to keep you all guessing.

with thomkal the other day - both sylar and myself must have targeted thomkal and sylar's kill took priority over mine. so you all lucked out there. so look for people who can't account for their whereabouts/actions on that night in particular.

in fact finding sylar should be easy, just cross-reference that with people who can't account for their actions/whereabouts on the nights sylar got other kills.

I feel so loved.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:36 AM   #1946
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I feel so loved.

or despised.

"popular" might be a better word than loved.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #1947
Thomkal
Head Coach

gee despised, thanks a lot Company guy.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #1948
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
gee despised, thanks a lot Company guy.

anytime. anytime.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #1949
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

deadline.

i's dead.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #1950
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Deadline..

Votes as they were cast...

DaddyTorgo (8): mauboy1 (1906), Jackal (1911), path12 (1916), Mr. Wednesday (1918), RendeR (1922), hoopsguy (1929), NeonChaos (1930), ChiefRum (1931)

Mauboy1 (2): GRF (1882), claphamsa (1887)

Neon Chaos (1): DaddyTorgo (1935)

Not voting: Schmidty
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote